Peterson Named NFC Offensive Player Of The Week

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 11, 2011 – 2:05 pm

Adrian Peterson rushed for 122 yards and 3 TDs on Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, a performance that led the Vikings to their first victory of the season. That performance also garnered Peterson NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors, the League announced on Tuesday.

This is the 5th time Peterson has won the award.

Peterson scored all 3 of his rushing TDs on Sunday in the 1st quarter, becoming just the 3rd player in NFL history to accomplish that feat. He also tied a team record for rushing TDs in a game and set a new team record for TDs in a quarter and a half.

Sunday’s performance gives Peterson 498 rushing yards (2nd in the NFL) and 6 rushing TDs (tied for 1st in the NFL) on the season. The 122-yard effort also marks the 26th 100-yard rushing game of Peterson’s career.

Tags:

40 Responses to “Peterson Named NFC Offensive Player Of The Week”

1. By Frederick Jones on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

To my Fine Feathered Friends,

The media has not yet missed on the poor play of McNabb. Unfortunately our Offensive Line is as bad as McNabb !

How many yards would Pete have gained with a great offensive line? We may never know as our Front Office FORGETS to draft Guards, Tackles, and Centers.

Do they think they can find KING KONG for quarterback ! ! !

No lols, I’m serious.

2. By VegasVike on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Frederick- see my comment timed at 1:28pm in the “ask again” blog…..
    The more you think about it the more it makes sense…..
    CONSPIRACY!!!!

3. By Frederick Jones on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

@Vegas Vike,

I will do that if I can find it!

4. By Frederick Jones on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

VegasVike,

You must be talking about the probability men in LA and MN are already talking about moving the team.

Hey!!! You may be right. After all MONEY speaks loudest in most things on this planet called earth.

Why would we be surprised? Heartbroken, but not surprised.

I’m not sure if that explains almost total ignorance and ignoring the drafting of decent offensive linemen. (SOME of our offensive linemen are good, but as a group, w h e w…do not go in there ! ! !)

5. By Frederick Jones on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Most bloggers are Minnesota fans like me. If the team moves…I’ve got to find a new pro team to support.

6. By VegasVike on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know what I would do Frederick, I’m an Albert Lea native and if they did move to LA they would be my closest team. That’s a tough one, just please don’t ever go over to the dark (cheese) side.

7. By Justin F on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Only way Vikings move is if Zygi sells the team. Be aware the AEG people want most control over the team, something Zygi would snuff at. So unless Zygi has no further interest in football, I do not see us moving.

8. By VegasVike on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I’m sure if Ziggy could make a cool $1mil he’d flop

9. By VegasVike on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

***$100 mil, excuse me

10. By Zach on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

100 million is still a small amount of money, 1 billion makes far more sense… The Vikings will stay in Minnesota.

11. By Zach on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I say that as I believe he bought the team for 600 million

12. By Parody on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I read Vegas’ post with the assumption he was referring to a $100 mil profit, which sounds like a great return on a $600 mil investment after just 5? years, especially considering the state that the economy has been in during that time period.

13. By Huy on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

If Dayton let the Vikings go to LA, things are gonna go down.

14. By Yang on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Goh Adrian Peterson! Your The Man! Goh Out There And Win! Goh For More Yardest! Goh Adrian Peterson! Touchdown!

15. By Ted Brown 23 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Good job A.P.!!!!

16. By VegasVike on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I think you are about right on the price of the team Parody, but to pull it from MN and put it in LA that would probably be an easy sale. I would think if Zigg stayed just under the value of say, the Chargers he could probably close the deal. I think there is a website that states the values of teams, maybe Forbes? I looked at it a couple years ago, Raiders were the least valuable and the Cowboys were the most valuable. I would think the location of the team has a lot to do with the value of it. Location location location

17. By VegasVike on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Wow, I wrote that whole blog and it wouldn’t let me post it. I took out the word BU MP and replaced it with SALE and it took. What’s wrong with BU MP?

18. By Saddy on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Congrats A.P, the one and only reason why I still watch Vikings play.

19. By VegasVike on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

To further my conspiracy, if the Vikes were able to draft Luck next year that would only sweeten the deal of the sale!

20. By Bigfan1 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Congrats to AP the best.

21. By CanadianVF on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

We have the greatest running back in pro football and we get to enjoy his brilliance every weekend. AP you ROCK!!!!!!!!!

22. By Mike B. on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

You all go conspiracy on the brain. Way to go AP. Gooo Vikings Beat those Bears.

23. By VA Vike Fan on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

We should be able to beat the bears Sunday, although McNabb HAS GOT to humble himself and improve his mechanics for the betterment of the team. The Offensive line played a better last weekend. He is holding this offense back from its potential right now. I don’t know about the Packers game tho. That Cover 2 defense will have a hard time containing Rodgers

24. By Shawn on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Vegas … heres that link

25. By Shawn on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

bah nm i dont know how to just do the link

26. By Titus on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I wonder if the Bears will play angrily Sunday evening after being embarrassed by the Lions on national TV? Vikings better come with an attitude and play aggressively with their A-game on.

27. By Shawn on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

just in case you forgot ….

28. By Shukin on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

McB0NER is awful, LA VIKES sounds pretty good and It’s closer for me to attend. Bauln

29. By Dakota Thor on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Mcnab has got to go, he can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

30. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn: funny link, how can you miss that bad on a short pass. I don’t agree with that Joe Webb stinks. It’s like everyone writes him of because he was taken in the 6th round… anyone ever hear of this one guy named Tom Brady? He was taken in the 6th round, guess that turned out alright for NE…..

31. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

off*

32. By Dakota Thor on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Don’t even joke about selling the vikes, if they ever did please don’t take the the name. Viking is personal and regoinal for me. If they were not called the Vikings I would not root for them.

33. By Dakota Thor on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Webb or Ponder would give us a better chance than Mcnabb and with little chance left this year they might as well start letting Ponder get some experiance.

34. By billbobagons on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Please start Webb or/and Ponder now. Why would you waste another year of AP running back carrier with a old quarterback or QB with now game experience. Let the young QB grow with AP, Harvin, Kyle, and Toby. We have a great group of young talent and 3 good young O line men sitting on the bench. Throw this year away for the good of the team so next year it is not a new experience and another year with a poor record. Start the rebuild now and quite hanging on to a pipe dream that we will go somewhere this year..

35. By VegasVike on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I haven’t seen any games yet this year but that pass was horrible! Looks like the testicle hit the ground 5 yards in front of the receiver! Is the “why Shanahan benched McNabb” on YouTube?
    I’ll guess I’m lucky I saved my money on direct tv this year, I’ll get to see them play the next two weeks. That may be enough for this year.

36. By Shukin on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Mcthrowup

37. By Puckertrucker on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Guys:

I’ve been telling the Vikes all season, and since I heard the Vikes were trading for McNabb DON’T TRADE FOR MCNABB HE’S A HAS BEEN WHO IS A NEVER WAS WHY DO YOU THINK PHILLY GOT RID OF HIM? THEY FINALLY SAW THE WRITING ON THE WALL AND MCNABB’S BAD PLAYING. THEN WASHINGTON SAW THE SAME THING AND LAUGHED ALL THE WAY TO THE TRADING BLOCKS NEXT YEAR AND THE BANK THIS YEAR. MCNABB IS WASHED UP!!!!! HE’S A LOSER LOSER LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY QUESTION NOW IS WHEN WILL THE VIKES SEE THAT AND PLAY QB’S WEBB, OR PONDER.

PuckerTruckers out of here Skol Vikes and Fans

38. By klwedge on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

My favorit player of all time is A P and he will give his best all day i just wish the QB would do the same for him thats all…much love an respect peterson you are the best back to ever play this game would be nice seeing a supperbowl ring on your finger though ! you deserve it…

39. By Sir Greasy Panda on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

There is no conspiracy to sell the vikings. If you seriously think that then there is something wrong in your head. None of us know what the owners think and say. There was a video the other week about Jared Allen and he commented on how the Wilfs are great owners. They care about this team. It is not easy to become an owner of an NFL team. That is a pretty exclusive club of rich boys, they would not sell out that quick. Get real.

40. By Sir Greasy Panda on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I saw Zygi and Mark at the Steelers game back in 09 and they had their family there all decked out in Vikings gear. Zygi always dreamed of owning a team. This means so much to him. I live in Orange County about 45 min away from downtown LA and I would hate for the VIkes to come here. If you guys knew Raider and Charger fans you would never want the Purple and Gold to come out here.