DEs Allen, Robison “Setting Tone” For Vikings Defense

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 10, 2011 – 7:57 am

Heading into the 2011 season, some questioned the Vikings decision to go with Brian Robison as the starting DE opposite Jared Allen. It was thought by some that Robison couldn’t handle a full load of snaps in a game and that he couldn’t defend the run well enough.

For the previous 3+ seasons, Ray Edwards was Allen’s pass-rushing partner from the edge. Together, Allen and Edwards registered 19.5 sacks in 2008, 23.0 sacks in 2009 and 19.0 sacks in 2010. Also, the DE tandem helped the Vikings rank #1 against the run in 2008 and #2 against the run in 2009.

But this past offseason Edwards signed with the Atlanta Falcons, leaving vacant the starting left DE position. The Vikings, who had extended Robison’s contract earlier in the offseason, immediately tabbed him as the starter. And right now, the decision to increase Robison’s role and team him with Allen looks like a great one.

The Vikings are tied for 2nd in the NFL with 16 teams sacks, and no DE tandem in the NFL has more sacks than Allen and Robison’s 13.0 through 5 games. Allen has 8.5 and Robison has 4.5 (tied for a career high), while DE Everson Griffen (2.0) and Erin Henderson (1.0) have the others.

Both Allen and Robison had 2.0 sacks on Sunday against Arizona, helping to pace a dominant defensive effort that allowed just 10 points.

“We challenged our defensive line and our offensive line during the week to really step up,” Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier said after the game.”Jared is having a really unbelievable year, and so is B-Rob (Brian Robison). He is not taking a back seat to anybody in our League. He is playing lights out football and just makes our defense and our team so much better when you have two defensive ends that play the way their playing. They are playing at a high level and they’re really setting the tone for our defense.”

Tags: , ,

217 Responses to “DEs Allen, Robison “Setting Tone” For Vikings Defense”

1. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Yea! that’s great, not enough though to cover up the poor performance by our offense in 3 quarters of football.

2. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

At least they are keeping Berrian off the field.

3. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I just looked up Ray’s stats so far, and they’re even worse than I expected. He has 12 tackles and 1 sack in 5-games. Robison is no better in the tackle department, but way ahead in the sack column. At this rate, Robison will have 6 more sacks than Edwards did in his best year, while Ray is on pace to get the fewest sacks of his career. From this information, it seems about as clear as ever that Jared is the reason for Ray’s success.

4. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

We need Ponder or Webb to make this a winning season.

11 games left in the season, no new stadium bill and a QB that can only play for 15 minutes. Coach please see the light and sit MC-Loser for one of your better QB’s.

5. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Allen & AP makes the Vikings look better, I think it is time to get rid of the dead weight on this team and go out and pick up any good players that are on the unemployment line as soon as possible.

6. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

We need a better secondary along with some new D-Lineman. #1 need is to put in Ponder or Webb.

7. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Great win Vikings, Good Job, Now please get it right and put in Ponder or Webb!

SKOL Vikings

8. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

What is the point of Monday Questions when the blog is buried already by new blogs? It is Monday Morning– where are the questions and answers? Be genuine with the reporting Mike– deliver what you promise. Or title it– Sunday Night Complaint Compost.

9. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Later

10. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus, 100% in agreement

Later

11. By Thai on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

It’s difficult to make changes in the secondary and o-line in this part of the season even though changes need to be made. But it’s very easy solutions to WR and QB right now. Bench Mcnabb and cut Berrian. McNabb is horrible but it would be good for a vet to help Ponder. Webb isn’t necessarily ‘seasoned’ yet.

12. By Mike Wobschall on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus – I don’t understand your criticism: the Monday Morning Mailbag was posted hours ago. Check it out.

13. By Thai on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus, you and I both know there are plenty of questions. It’s the answers that are missings. This is Mikes way of sidestepping those questions. Call them distractors if you will.

14. By KJ on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Ray-Ray (who claimed from the start he was the best ever) was always WAY more mouth than talent. I was very happy to see him go and am enjoying the play of our DE’s very much this year.

Good Riddance to Edwards and have a nice season trying to live up (once again) to your overblown hype and underblown talent.

15. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Mike– the premise of Monday Morning Mailbag is that questions relevant to Sunday’s game are addressed. Yes, the blog was posted hours ago– Sunday evening. Now, it is Monday morning, the blog is moving down the column, and there are no answers. I saw maybe one or two responses from you in 350 postings— granted, most were a complaining session. But you might temper the complaints if you actually made the Mailbag Blog a real forum with answers. What percentage of the questions are answered each week? 2-3%, maybe. That is two to three, in case you did not see the hyphen. Fans just want answers– and if you promise a Q & A and there is only Q, then Mike you are not delivering. I do not know how to spell it out any clearer. Even with a poor performance, if you genuinely answered questions, you could calm a lot of fires of angry fans. But by ignoring the real issues, you fan the flames.

16. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall – I think Titus doesn’t realize that you stopped posting a blog of the Monday Morning Mailbag, deciding instead to hide it in its own section and only using the blog to advertise that you’re ready to take questions for the week.

Personally, I would prefer for the Mailbag articles to return to the blog. They frequently present topics that are worthy of discussion, but they receive very little opportunity for discussion within the new context.

17. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus – You can find the new location of the mailbag answers by returning to the home page, scrolling down towards the bottom and looking for the “Latest Headlines” section on the right. Mailbags are linked from there now. However, I usually find it easier to simply type “mailbag” into the “Search Vikings.com” search bar at the top of the page.

18. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Parody– My bad. Sorry, Mike– that could be made clearer in the blog posting each week– tell us where the answers will be located. But, let me redeem myself a little– Mike you enter the Mailbag blog sometimes and respond to questions– if that is not where you are answering questions, why do that at all?
    It can confuse your audience.

19. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Hey Mike! What happen to the ask Coach Frazier a question blog?

20. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Cus I have a question for him, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRICKING MIND? Good question!!!

21. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

WAIT A MINUTE; hold your horses. I reviewed the Monday Mailbag answer article– seriously? Seven questions? And hardly a controversial one in the mix– certainly not one question that a majority of the bloggers were asking on the blog last night. I take back my “my bad,” as this really is bad.

22. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Mike W, can you answer the?

#1 question is what will the Vikings do if the state of MN refuses to help in getting the Vikings their new stadium? Will the Viking sign a year to year lease like some have posted time to time until a new stadium can be agreed on?

23. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

From Tjoke to McJoke, question of the century! Who is the bigger laughing stock of the NFL?

24. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Mike W. Plaese answer that if you dare!

11 games to the end of the season, we need to know.

25. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

What will the Vikings do?

26. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

ohh sorry! My bad, this is not the Q & A blog.

27. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Will the Vikings sign a new lease?

28. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Well?????

29. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

If we don’t get a new stadium we all will be watching womens basketball and I hate basketball.

30. By DRS on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

See U-All later.

31. By VegasVike on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Where are the answers posted?

32. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

VegasVike – Please read my earlier comment to Titus, I suggested two ways that you can find the Mailbag answers.

33. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Why does a basketball hoop have more receptions than our WR’s? because McNabb is not throwing the ball… BBBWAAA HAHAHAHA.

34. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

actually it was suppose to say ” Why does a basketball hoop catch more ba lls, whats wrong with ba lls?

35. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I told a friend about this site and he exclaimed in disbelief, ” You can’t say b-alls on a sports blog?”

36. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Jeff – Bälls is a common term for testicles. On a sporting webpage, nobody would ever use the word for anything else, so they need to everything possible to make sure nobody has the right to speak about genitalia, including blocking such a word that would never receive use in a credible reply anyways.

37. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

HA! I was suer that I was going to have to re-post that! It blocks Bälls, but not testicles! Now there’s irony for you…

38. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Titus and Parody … I have decided to judge your debate

AND THE WINNER IS ….

Titus … Wobschall answers very few questions and nothing controversial, Titus could not have made it simplar than he did and maybe someone should read the Titus posts for you …

39. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

So, I guess we’ll just have to adjust our speech from now on. Everyone knows that word that this expects you to use when speaking of the round objects that are used in the game.

McNabb does a horrible job of throwing testicles downfield. We all know the receivers can catch the testicles if given a chance, but McNabb would rather slam his testicles on the ground than give defenses a chance to grab his testicles!

40. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

BTW … Bench Donovan McCant throw before its too late PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

41. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Parody …. ROTFLMAO thats funny :)

42. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

So, I guess we’ll just have to adjust our speech from now on. Everyone knows the word that this site expects you to use when speaking of the round objects that are used in the game:

43. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Sahwn – I think you’ve misinterpreted my intent. I was not debating in favor of the current format of the Monday Morning Mailbag. I only intended to help readers understand how the new format works. I would prefer for it to return to the way they had it last year, where answers were posted in a blog. I also liked it more when we were asked for our questions a few days before the answers were posted. Now Mike appears to be limiting how many questions are coming his way by asking for them only about 12-hours before he posts his replies.

44. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

*Shawn*

Sorry, my typing has been a little lacking this morning.

45. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I’m really not much in to talking about or refering to male genitalia, that’s disgusting, I have my own pair that get in the way and not to fond of sometimes, it’s not my fault the sports refers to the main tool they use in their sports as testicles, mmmmm!! womens basketball coach talking to team at a practice ” How many testicles do we have on the court? ” Lets call it a day girls, don’t forget to put the testicles back in their bags” hahaha!! I can get use to that.

46. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

maybe not!

47. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, Parody was answering for Mike– Mike could not infer a probable answer to my post, but Parody, being one of the more elite bloggers, caught on immediately. But, that said, although Parody did correct my critique, upon further review of the actual answer section, I found the Mailbag response section to be thoroughly lacking, both in scope and intensity– a tiny, tiny percentage of questions are addressed and the most pressing, popular questions are avoided.

48. By Rogerthevikefan on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Parody I busted out laughing. That was almost as funny as the idea of BB having a break out season.

49. By Bill Musgrave on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

We have been implementing new mechanism for Mcnabb while he is in the pocket, we are asking him to throw hail mary on all the pass so it will reach the receiver standing just 5 yards from Mcnabb. Apparently even Mcnabb’s hail mary pass is 1 yard short of the receiver, so we are considering some short pass options to the OL.

50. By VegasVike on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I saw an infomercial on TV where this company developed a compact oxygen tank/pump for the elderly that was easier for them to cart around than the normal luggage sized ones. The Vikings should contact them and see if they would make a prototype for McNabb. Maybe the could incorporate the pump into one shoulder pad and a small tank into the other. Make the tank hold about 8 minutes of oxygen and make it interchangeable. That way when he goes three and out they could swap out the tank every time he comes off the field. Might not even need 8 minutes worth, maybe 5 would do it. I think I’m on to something!

51. By rye on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

11 games left in the season. Vikings are 2 games behind the two currently top teams for the last wild card spot.

Mcnabb has had 5 rather pathetic performances. The vikings need a QB change to provide a spark not only at the position, but to the entire team. If frazier wants to create energy, he would bench mcnabb and play Ponder or Webb.

He should then say, I believe based on Mcnabbs performance over the last 5 games, I believe that Webb or Ponder gives us a better chance to win.

Frazier will either put the team above his personal friendship with mcnabb or he won’t.

52. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

There was plenty of energy on the field yesterday.

53. By Rogerthevikefan on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

On the 60 yard pass to Aromashodu did any of you see how ugly the testicle was moving. No were close to a spiral.

54. By ozzinator on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I was there, lots of energy in those booooos towards Mcnabb. And when they took a knee at the end!

55. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

It will be hard to beat out Miami for the Luck sweepstakes, but I think McJoke can really “lead” us to the win for that one

56. By Tfunk2 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Berrian to the bench is one big baby step forward…now we have to move the other foot and stick in ponder/webb….

joe webb could get 169 yards running plus 169 throwing…give the kid a chance…you might actually have to do your jobs and COACH…mcnabb is giving me too much heartburn…he should be pushing tums instead to chunky soup…

57. By Rogerthevikefan on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Alot of bloggers were bashing B-Rob before the season started yet he has proven to be very effective. He will have a better season then Edwards you can bet on that.

58. By Rogerthevikefan on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Alot of bloggers were bashing B-Rob(because they thought it was a mistake to let Edwards go) before the season started yet he has proven to be very effective. He will have a better season then Edwards you can bet on that.

59. By rye on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

If ponder is not ready, play Webb.

Webb has won more games than mcnabb as a starter.

Webb is faster than mcnabb.

And Webb is more accurate than mcnabb.

And Frazier, Webb helped you get your starting job in the first place!

Enough with putting your personal friendship with Mcnabb above the team. Start Webb or Ponder.

60. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

As I recall, Webb won one game as a starter. So, McNabb and Webb are tied there, but Webb has a better arm.

61. By Alex on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I’m so glad we got rid of Ray Edwards now. Brian Robison is a potential pro bowler.

62. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

63. By TheRealDon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Rogerthevikefan….That was one of the ugliest b-alls i ever seen thrown…

64. By Alex Lawson on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Did anyone see that quick screen to harvin that mcnabb missed yesterday? It was a ten yard pass and he didn’t even throw the ball five yards…I’m just tired of watching mcnabb play terrible football. I’d like to see what we have in Ponder right now

65. By Digger on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Wow! I can’t believe some of you! The Vikings win, play a lot better, and you are still not happy and are still bashing them! You are a bunch of ungrateful you know whats!

66. By Dirty Nasty Legs on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I’m glad to see that Frazier came to his senses and decided to put Berrian back in the line up. I mean we all saw how much the team missed him. Without Berrian dropping passing how are we supposed to lose. Oh wait, Mcnabb still tries to take care of that part himself.

67. By Dirty Nasty Legs on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I loved the part in mike w’s answers to the mailbag about Aromashado not starting because he is behind Jenkins. So far I haven’t seen anyone suggest that Aromashado should replace Jenkins but rather Berrian. Maybe Berrian thinks all B-alls are testicles and that is why he refuses to catch them.

68. By Rogerthevikefan on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Look at what Andy Dalton is doing for the Bengals. Ponder is way better then him. With Ponder the Vikes would have 2-3 more wins already but I guess as fans we should enjoy dirt b@ lls. It looks like McNugget thinks he is at a lake and trying to skip rocks.

69. By rock on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

people need to shut about ponder. until we lose 7 or 8 games mcnabb should be in their. remember we lost our best, best OT, and new offensive coordinator. we are going to struggle on offense.

70. By coach cal on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Ponder in the pre season you could see had a better feel on how to use the tight ends and would have Roudolph and Shank dog more involved. What the heck not one OFFENSIVE touchdown for Harvin! what a JOKE! NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read the caps…

71. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

What comes first rock? the end of the “clean up” period or the 7 or 8 losses to explore Ponder

72. By Tfunk2 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

PONDER PONDER PONDER PONDER WEBB WEBB WEBB

Anyone but Donovan “skipper” Mcnabb!

At least the fans can’t be spun at the Dome…the people have spoken…

73. By coach cal on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Disagree my fellow viking fan. (1) need a better product to watch win or lose. (2) the vets on the team deserve someone who dont miss that frequently to stay involved. Not saying Ponder will do all but need something to cheer. Every time Mcnabb has been out there he finds ways to lose.(3) Anyone on this blog could have thrown a 20 yard wobbler like that 60 yard duck of a reception he threw yesterday.(4) Its like watching the same movie over and over with the same animation from our QB who could show some passion or enthusiasm for the game.Atleast Brett gave us that.

74. By VegasVike on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Conspiracy mí amigos

75. By coach cal on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I have never seen this type of a reaction off a Viking win ever. You would think we lost 34-10. It feels like Mcnabb sucked the life out of purple nation and left us on the side of the road :(very sad):

76. By Tfunk2 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

apparently there is some intangible mojo that mcnabb has that we aren’t seeing…because webb/ponder could without a doubt put up better numbers.

how can you learn from your mistakes if you are never allowed to make them?

77. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

yup. we won cuz of D and AP…….now we need to give our young QBs reps so they can get EXPERIENCE……..instead of trying to correct the mistakes of a 13 year veteran QB

78. By Immureglass21 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

It doesn’t matter who the starting because this team is always gonna rely on the Defense and AP to when the game for us. I’d rather have the QB who threw for 4 tds, 2 ints, and 849 yds in the 5 games he played rather the QB who threw for 0 tds, 3 ints, and 477 yds in the 5 games he played.

79. By Immureglass21 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

****win

80. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I didn’t say ba lls

81. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

maybe it was pooh

82. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

You all can b and m about McNabb all you like as you can see Coach Frazier is not changing to another QB anytime soon. I am not sure I would either. It is quite possible McNabb can work his accuracy problems out. His missed throws didn’t cost us the game, so why so much chaff about it. The team won the game and it was a team win. It is very possible they go into Chicago and get anohter win and possibly go 12-4 wouldn’t that be something. It would sure be something to see. For now I don’t see why we all can’t just give the Coach a break until the writing is on the wall. Do I think his throw is not good true, but we got a win. I am hoping for another win in chicago. Gooo Vikings Barroooohh.

83. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

McNabb bashing is not going to get us anywhere I think he looks more confident and has more time. He was throwing all over the field. He made their young guys back up and give AP room to run. He did what a leader needs to do provide enough leadership to keep the team in the game and a win on the sheet.

84. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

12-4!!! are you kidding? you’re talking 12-4 on a team that has had serious 2nd half issues, PLAYOFFS! YOU WANT TO TALK PLAYOFFS? Giving what I have seen the last 5 games, no doubt we will be 1-6 when we play the Panthers, I am quessing 1-7 by the bye.
    I knew the Vikes winning would be a bad thing, few pats on the back of McNabb and Coach Frazier telling us ” See! I told you he can do it ” all it did was set all of our McNabb bashing of the past few weeks back. Then to add insult to injury, Berrian will be back in rotation, Coach figures McNabb will be more successful with Berrian in the line up, can anyone say dumb and dumber!
    So much for progress and moving in the right direction.

85. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

YEA! McNabb can work out his accuracy problems and an 90 year old man can learn to eat tough steak without his dentures.

86. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Jeff Would it hurt to support the coach till it’s obvious? I think Ponder will probably get a start this year. I was saying wouldn’t it be something if we could get 12-4. I personally am not sold on McNabb, but hey I tip my hat to him he did enough to win yesterday. I am hoping for another win in Chicago. Been a Vikings fan for so long its never time to say never. I am a survivor of the Herschel Walker Trade. Goo Vikings.

87. By Dirty Nasty Legs on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Even if Ponder doesn’t play as well as Mcnabb (I don’t see how he couldn’t), he is still the future QB of the team. Lets give him a chance to show what he can do and to at least get some experience. This last game just proved that we can win games with out a quarterback so what is going to hurt to give him some playing time. Why continue to waste snaps on Mcnabb who is not going to take us anywhere and will be gone next year. Also, keep Berrian on the bench (he’s obviously not our future either).

88. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@DNL It’s obvious that the Coach is not at that point yet. While everyone can wish it would happen it’s not going to happen anytime soon.

89. By JT on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Coach, you secretly keep putting McNabb out there in hopes he wins a few games so you can give him a contract for 2 – 3 more years?

90. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

We should all be optimistic about the team. The defense played a great game the entire defense did. The offensive line gave McNabb more time and I saw throws that were all over the field not just down center for the TEs. Holes were open for AP to run. Our time of posession was in our favor and if it is you usually win. Let’s see how we do against Chicago. Goo Vikings.

91. By rye on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I am starting to lose faith in Frazier. Watched his presser from today and he said that Berrian is going to be a big part of the offense.

What the h***! Aromoshodu has been playing lights out. Berrian shouldn’t even be on the field except to give Aromoshodu or Jenkins a breather!

92. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Mike B– I agree with you. 12-4 is still possible.

93. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I see no logical reason, if we have a lead, not to put in Ponder for some real game experience

94. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@rye,

That’s probably better than saying B. Berrian it terrible. We will never play him again. I don’t care.

95. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Rocky,

Approximately 99% of the bloggers feel the same. Even the notoriously obnoxious (sp) F. Jones.

96. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

right on Frad.we cannot just throw him in next year and expect him to play well with no experience……..sooo if we have a comfortable? lead ,or are being blown out…put him in….

97. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Rocky– unbelievable. What a perfect time to let Ponder practice– huge lead, our D and special teams dominating, at home, a so-so opponent– made no sense at all. Why not put Webb in for a couple drives, then Ponder? WHY?????

98. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

rye, I think Frazier indicted that an adjustment to the wr rotation will start next week and devin is now part of that. This is great news as Berrian slides back on the bench some and hopefully motivates him to play harder and help the team

99. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Maybe someone is afraid that Ponder will shine out there? Then it would be hard to set him back in his crib? Come on– let the guy play. He is not a baby.

100. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Jeffbleedspurple,

“I just hope we can win a game, another game”
    JIM MORA

We just have to be happy Frazier didn’t give us the death statement like both Mora and MIke Ditka did.

When I predict the negative, I might be more likely to be right, but will that make me happy?

101. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Fred, not Frad..
    It seems logical, Titus.I donot understand the rationale for not doing so, but then again, I am not a coach,,,,,,,,just a frikkin bloggin fan…..

102. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Some stories have ciculated that Frazier lobbied hard to get McNabb……maybe that is why he is still tryin to fix his mechanics………

103. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

darn it .circulated…….

104. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I do not understand McNabbs inaccuracies..he was pretty good in Philly all those years……what the heck happened?

105. By Immureglass21 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

McNabb doesn’t need to put up great numbers he just has to manage the game and not turnover the ball. As for Coach Frazier do some of you really expect him to come out and be negative about players on the team. Of course he’s gonna stand up for players like McNabb and Bernard Berrian because that’s what a good coach does. We’ll see in the next couple weeks if he starts playing Aromoshodu more and BB less (which he should.) A win is a win it doesn’t have to be pretty.

106. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Was he really that much better?

107. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

Well, the Vikings staff may feel they have to protect Ponder from sacks and frustration. Many coaches do say that you shouldn’t play a rookie unless he is going to have a successful experience.

Surely you remember that Bud Grant was famous for not playing rookies, even at other positions in addition to qbs.

So maybe that’s their strategy. We remember when Tommy Kramer led the Vikings to 4 touchdowns to come from behind and win against the 49ers.
    Kramer was a rookie that year.

So maybe we might just have to wait. What do we know?

Maybe that is what Fusco and Love are going through???

108. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    It at least seemed he was more consistent in his throws to his receivers…..he used to torch us ….

109. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Don’t forget Joe Webb ! ! !

110. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I will never forget Joe Webb ! ! !

111. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Way to post Freddie. You the man! ! !

112. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Let’s be clear..I am not lobbying for Mcnabb to put up fantasy stats…..just to throw it so his receivers can cath the ball, instead of skipping it off the turf or over their heads……
    It is one thing to have a game managing QB……..another thing altogether to have an ineffective QB

113. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Webb is an unused talent…….

114. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Just managing the game will not work with the next three teams we play! Some kind of air attack has to evolve rather quickly at this point

115. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Fred-
    The vikings staff is doing a great job of protecting Ponder from getting anything, sacks, completions, experience……

116. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I agree, sandiamond……

117. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Frederick Jones dummies in here posting again, poor real Fred can’t catch a break

118. By Rocksalt on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

wow… Detroit has had 4 defensive penalties in this drive alone……

119. By Immureglass21 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

In article I read the QB coach for the Viking said while watching Ponder in practice he experienced a couple of “wow” moments. One was “Wow this kid has talent” when he made a great play and the other was “Wow this kid still needs alot of work” we he over threw the WR by 5 feet on a curl route. So perhaps that’s why the haven’t started him yet. Although I do agree that if we have a lead in 2nd half and aren’t in jeopardy of losing the game then they should let him get some reps.

120. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Sandiamond,

Those were all mine. I’m a frustrated Vikings fan.

It is possible that this team could do something special.

Or they may just stink up the place.

What is your opinion?

121. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Ok Fred but never seen you post this way. My gut tells me something special is likely to happen. We came out rockin against these first 4 opponents and should have won 2 of those games. I think we have the team to beat Chicago and possibly shock the football world with an upset of GB in the dome

122. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Sandiamond,

You could be right, but don’t let the other bloggers see you post so positively.

123. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

2- Dolphins . 0-4 ………………… 79.9 ………………… 57.1
    3- Colts ……. 0-5 …………………. 79.9 ……………….. 48.8
    4- Eagles …. 1-4 …………………. 81.0 ………………… 62.7
    5- Vikings … 1-4 ………………….. 80.0 ……………….. 56.8
    6- Jaguars .. 1-4 ………………….. 58.7 ……………….. 50.7
    7- Broncos .. 1-4 ………………….. 77.3 ……………….. 57.6

ANYONE SEE THE PROBLEM ???????????

124. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

It doesnt get much worse than McNabb

BENCH DONOVAN MCCANT THROW !!!!!!!!!!

Before its too late :(

125. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@ Shawn: aaahhh!! is it McNabb?

126. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Jeffbleedspurple … Im not saying its McNabb. Im just saying there is a common denominator in the best teams and the worst teams at QB.

Whose our QB and thats the common denominator … :)

127. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

ohhh!! I was answering your question about seeing the problem, hahaha!

128. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Jeffbleedspurple … :)

129. By CanadianVF on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Coaches usually go with the player they feel gives the team the best chance to win each Sunday. Mcnabb has a track record in the NFL, Ponder does not . There will be a time to evaluate Ponder but it isn’t now. Mcnabb was brought in to be the bridge to Ponder.Mcnabb is the starter and will continue to be unless he gets hurt. I want to see the Vikings get on a roll and get back in the playoff hunt with a great victory over the bears this Sunday. Go Vikings!!!!

130. By TheRealDon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

CanadianVF …what you smoking im sorry but their will be no playoff for this team this year..

131. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I think Chicago would be a good test for us. The offense is fair but have OL issues. Their QB has moments of greatness and then not so much. The Defense is top notch and will give our offense all they can handle. Our Defense should be snacking on the OL problems. I think again this is a game we can win. Goo Vikings.

132. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I have a feeling we will be 4-4 at the Bye.

133. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@TheRealDon If we are 4-4 at the bye I think we have a good chance to come close and even maybe get a wildcard.

134. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Don please hold that prediction until we see the outcome of Sunday’s game. Strange things can happen with teams such as NY, ATL, TB, WAS, DAL, etc

135. By Parody on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I’d be willing to bet that we’re stuck with McNabb at the helm at least until there is no possibility of making the playoffs. Given the difficulty of this division, I think that one more loss will guarantee that we can’t take the division championship. But it’s plenty conceivable that we’ll sneak into the playoffs if we can muster a 10-6 record. So until we see loss #7, expect #5 to continue leading this team.

136. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@ Mike B: I supported Coach Frazier when he brought in McNabb in the 1st place even though I was strongly against it, but now I can no longer support his decision to keep McNabb in the game, 5 games of McNabb is enough for me, if not for a great effort by the defense and Peterson in the 1st quarter, we could just as well be 0-5 as well as some people are saying if more offensive effort in the 2nd half of games we could be 4-1, this all falls on the shoulders of our supposed team leader and it makes no sense to me to put fire under the rear of Berrian when the QB can’t even get the football to him.
    I wish for the success and the best for this team as much as anyone, thats why I just can’t sit idly by and say nothing, I can’t even remember the last time i was so disappointed in a single player on the team.

137. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Yep Parody just like a public corporation. Companies don’t give up on a 5 million investment this soon

138. By CanadianVF on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Well I guess the Eagles season is over too then and we should just give up.

139. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

stats will tell the truth 90% of the time

our QB is producing what other bottom dweller teams QB are producing

Bench McCant throw b4 its too late ….

Remember who was relentlessly attacking Chilly until everyone one joined in remember who was relentless on TJack remember who was relentless on Berrian while I am now onto the next weak link … you will join me hopefully before its too late

140. By TheRealDon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I love my team but if we are qb that we love so much plays like he did last game against a better team we will lose..point blank..

141. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

neither team looked real good in the 1st half of the Lions/Bears game, Fairley is in the game for the 1st time this season, the man I thought the Vikings would draft at #12.

142. By TheRealDon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Shawn…Trust and believe I’m on that boat..

143. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I will rest when we have a good team and 1-4 is not good enough for me

yes we made big strides sunday our defense looked a lot better and AP is AP but AP and the DL cant do it alone

Bench Donovan McCant throw before its too late !!!!!

144. By TheRealDon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I love my team but if are qb that we love so much plays like he did last game against a better team we will lose..point blank………….

145. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

14 – 10 Lions

146. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

After Donovan starts a game in his place … THE BENCH … I havent figured out the next guy yet

After Sundays game I feel we are 1 McNabb away from a chance to be good

147. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Will Shawn. I think its almost to late to think about a good team this year, but whats not to late is starting to get some experiance to our rookie QB so he is geared up and ready to go for the start of next season.

148. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn You will have to wait till it is too late. I see Frazier committed to staying with the ship until we get that 7th or 8th loss. I am hoping things will be better now. We have McNabb and it’s what we got. Season rides on what we got right now.

149. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Jeffbleedspurple … I dont know, the team I saw Sunday was bad a** and McNabb was the only thing holding us back

150. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Can’t wait until Sunday to watch the game in front of my big screen. No nfl.com gameday, no virustream and no wobs chat. I must say tho that Mike does one heck of a job calling the game on chat!

151. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B … you are probably right but … I watched the media drill Frazier on McCant throw today and I am still hoping

I think if we could get a QB that could complete 65% we could go on a 10 game win streak with the defense we had sunday

152. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Could McNabb make the throw Stafford just made? NOOOOOOOOOO

153. By CanadianVF on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

There is no question that Mcnabb has not been great, but this team has competed hard and been in every game we have played this year. Do not put it all on Mcnabb, the coaching staff deserves just as much blame as anyone for their poor half time adjustments etc. I still haven’t forgiven them for not kicking the field goal to go up six and instead going for it on 4th and one and using Gerhart. In a lot of instances we have been getting out coached.

154. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@ Shawn I saw that grilling too, but again that doesn’t change loyalities. If McNabb really had a few bad practices, then maybe a change would happen. We donot have the ability to know where Ponder or Webb are at we only know what we see during the game with McNabb. Coach may feel McNabb gives the team the best chance of winning compared to the other two. I know that is the case with Webb or they wouldn’t have drafted Ponder.

155. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Jeff that is a bit of concern with Ponder. Other teams such as Cin,Ten,Car, Den and Jax might be ahead of us with rookie QB development. None in the division but we could play these teams next year. We chose a different direction this year with McNabb so we have deal with it for now

156. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

What is with the $5 million investment debate? Ludicrous. Smart investors preserve their main capital. You have a team worth approx $700 million, a payroll over $100 million, a possible stadium deal of $1 billion, of which the “corporation” is putting a cost basis of $400 million into— where do you see the logic in preserving your 5 million investment if your larger core capital investment, long range goals, and operating cash flow is in jeopardy? Gang, get a degree in business before making such claims.

157. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@CanadianVF … If McNabb could throw a 5 yard pass we wouldnt be in so many difficult coaching decisions

158. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Will!! Maybe we can beat the Bears :)

159. By CanadianVF on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

We wouldn’t be in so many difficult coaching decisions if we would have drafted Tim Tebow instead of Cook when we had the opportunity. But oh ya Tim Tebow cannot play in the NFL because the talking heads and so called experts say he doesn’t have good throwing mechanics. What might have been.

160. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Tim Tebow is a Donovan McNabb clone …

tebow was 4-10

mcnabb was 10-21

neither guy can throw

161. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

candian vike the talking heads were right … what has tebow done ? really

162. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus this is football man it can only relate to an actual public buisness in some similarity. Sure we can flush the five mill down the toilet but it’s just a little to soon for that. and yea we got college degrees just like u

163. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Will perhaps! but the Vikings appearently has no developed QB’s as Coach Frazier is still working on our 13 year veterans mechanics, our division may not have rookies, but they do all have good young talented QB’s. I for one can not see the logic on playing a player based on investment rather than his abilities, some investment had to be made on Ponder as well! Go with what will give you a better return on your investment, McNabb sure ain’t doing it,

164. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Sandiamond– I have a degree in life. We are not talking analogies here- some bloggers keep saying McNabb is not benched because $5 million is invested in him– read my post, I say that is ridiculous. Go ahead– scroll up a few posts. Read it.

165. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

They are playing McNabb because they honestly believe he is our best shot, and also, they do not want to look like they made an error– common mistake in investments, esp. stocks- people get tied to the emotions of their choices– and it has nothing to do with the money, but a sense of self-esteem– amazing science behind this lately–People do not want to admit they made a mistake.

166. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Shawn Teblow came in late in the game after Orton was benched.

167. By TheRealDon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@titus…It could not have been said any better..

168. By Mike B. on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Has nothing to do with investment has everything loyalty. We trade for McNabb cause we wanted him here in MN. It’s a matter of loyalty to someone you asked to come play for the team. Same can be said about Benard Berrian the front office asked BB to take a pay cut. He did and now the team gives him the loyalty and keeps him. It is good to have that in an organization.

169. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus … I agree but I also think if the media keeps drilling Frazier the way they did today it speeds up the process of fixing the problem

If everyone praised McNabb then Frazier wouldnt feel the heat which would prolong his personal reason

I was a general foreman running 97 guys before the stress wore me down and I promoted or at least helped pick the guy promoted to my level to make a split bringing me to just 56 guys which is a lot easier to control

I understand Frazier liking some guys others dont … but when you cant defend a guy anymore you make a change

170. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Buying stocks has a lot to do with the money. People assume they haven’t lost a dime until they sell which usually results in a larger loss instead of getting out sooner with more of the original investment intact

171. By CanadianVF on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Tim Tebow has never been given the chance to play qb in the NFL and on Sunday when given the chance almost pulled out the game for the Denver Broncos. He is nothing like Mcnabb, so do not even try to compare them. He is a proven winner at every level he has played at but you have to give the person a chance. He will be a very good quarterback in this league if someone gives him an opportunity. It is interesting how that parallel theme is running through the Viking season and everyone is asking for Ponder to get a chance. Peace out.

172. By Arrow86 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Due to the difficult schedule for the next 3 games. Barring injury, we just have to hope McNabb plays up to what we felt he could do going into the season. On this post I’d also like to say that at this point in the season I don’t miss Ray Edwards. Robison has paid his dues. This might be Jared Allen’s best season yet, for the wide range of skills he’s displayed in the first five games. With a little quarterback play, better play selection, and a coach with a little fire in the belly we might be sitting at 5-0! But like they say, if you wish in one hand… and pooh in the other…which one will fill up first?

173. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Sandiamond– it is all about the emotion– your post just stated it. Instead of preserving their capital, people stay in (because of emotions) and keep watching their money go down. You just reiterated what I said. By the way, however, it is more complicated — I have over 4 decades experience in this arena, so you want to talk about it, bring it on.

By the way, unless you hit the sell button, you have NOT lost anything. In the past century, the market always pays off in the black every 20 years– always. I had some huge losses like many people– I did not sell– rode it out– and it all came back– it is only a loss the moment you sell.

174. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Oh, let me qualify that — the past three years when the market fell– I lost like everyone– but unlike most everyone, I did not panic– and it all came back.

175. By Titus on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Market 101 is closed.

176. By Arrow86 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Watching Merriweather play safety for the Bears tonight, I’m glad we didn’t pick him up in the off-season. He’s getting good at over-running plays and whiffing on tackles.

177. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Jay cutler is p1ssed

178. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Arrow 86 I agree … Studwell did a good job scouting that one

179. By TheRealDon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Ap might have a big game against the bears..the way this lions game is going..

180. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Studwell and Spielman are responsible for getting Robison and Jared Allen

181. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

TRD … McNabb wont

182. By TheRealDon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn..Yea i can believe that one..

183. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus you are exactly right about the emotions involved in stock investing but it is Ridiculous to say the money invested doesn’t matter. You are lucky, no BK, no delisting and no SEC scam probes I assume. We could talk all night but this is not the proper forum

184. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

sandiamond … IMO at 1-4 this forum is wide open :)

185. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Sometimes I think this forum is travelplans . com

sometimes its politicalfrontlines . com

but mostly its

tellfrazierthis . com

186. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

lol, Titus makes my blood boil sometimes but I still respect the guy

187. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

i think everyone has the ability to boil blood on here from time to time … i know i have :)

188. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

yep just like yesterday talking smack about Asher. I guess you saw Frazier commenting about his play?

189. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

yea … Asher is 23 so he might get better, overall he played well yesterday still a few mistakes

I would say through one game he showed a little improvent but I think he gets too much credit for the tipped ball INT

190. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Maybe the coaches are running more tip drills in practice not sure but we need ball hawks like other teams to capture those turnovers

191. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

WOW Detroit and GB 5-0

192. By Immureglass21 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

In the next 3 weeks I think the Vikings will go 2-1. I have faith that we’ll beat the Bears and the Panthers.

193. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

dang they are running away with the division which makes it very difficult for us to get any wildcard chance. Has there ever been two teams within the same division to fill the wildcard slots?

194. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

195. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I dont feel like looking it up right now though lol … good night I think

196. By sandiamond on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

take it easy wild man! see ya this weekend

197. By Woodboat on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Dang… Jay Cutler is going to have to fly home from Detroit in an ice tub. I thought our O-Line was garbage…

198. By Woodboat on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

@sandiamond

back before they went to four divisions per conference, they had 3 wild card teams per conference. One year (I don’t remember which), The NFC Central had 4 teams in the playoffs… The Vikings, Bears, Packers, and Lions… with the Buccaneers the odd man out.

199. By Woodboat on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

That being said, with us sitting at 1-4, I think you should be able to get VERY long odds on the Vikes making the playoffs… especially with “dirtball” McNabb at the helm.

200. By fred smith on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

4 huge 1st half leads yet no site of the quarterbacks of the future Webb or Ponder. They also need to identify the other players that cant play 4 quarters and move them out of the starting roll or rest them in the 3rd quarter. out scored 10 to6 in the last 45 minutes of last game

201. By fred smith on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

if our head couch cant make the tough choices maybe we should look for another it is the defining choice that determines if he deserves to be head couch or is another Les Stecal

202. By steve on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

bottom line is if frazier sticks with mcnabb as bad as he is playing then wilf should show mcnabb and frazier the exit door at the end of the year, i can’t believe some of you fans honestly think mcnabb played well enough to win the last game? 2 of 10 in the first half when they scored the 28 points? anyone notice frazier at press time before this win he seemed a whole lot more than clueless, my goodness i miss bud grant so much more every year that goes by with worthless coaches they hire in minnesota.

203. By Purples05 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I remember when Vikings fans didn’t want to give Robinson a chance…another reason to never listen to fans…Vikings fans in particular

204. By steve on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

vikings mistakes so far this year #1 not offering rice a contract, #2 going after mcnabb after drafting a qb with the 12th overall pick, #3 not cutting berrian, and #4 not putting the ball in harvins hands more 2 games ago 4 carries for like 67 yds like wow why not 10 carries?

205. By Purples05 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Umm..>Shawn…every one of those teams you mentioned with a nice Qb rating and wins either have a QB who’s been with the team for years and is COMFORTABLE in the system and receivers…or they have better weapons. Use logic before making the comparison

And could McNabb make the throw Stafford made? Well….what about his td throw to Aromashodu to the Chiefs? If we give him a chance instead of giving up on him, and give him consistent protection….is it not possible we could see more plays like that?

The bad part about this is that because of the situation with the offense…and the 2nd half collapses by our defense…McNabb doesn’t have room to have a bad game. McNabb was not THAT bad in the 1st 4 games…but he did have a bad game against the Cards. It’s an awkward situation

206. By DuaneN on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Allen and Robison could get 5 sacks each and we will still lose to the Bears.

Bears will stumble into 42 points this week, again. Kluwe gonna bomb one to Hester, oops.

207. By Kurt on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Mike W sucks!

208. By teamkillin on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

@sandiamond: very much so. The last time it happened was in the ’07 season when both the Giants and Redskins were wildcards (5th and 6th respectively) with the Cowboys winning the division.

@saying we should have put Ponder or Webb in late against AZ: maybe. Maybe Frazier was thinking that they HAD to win this one. Say what you want about McNabb, the dude doesn’t throw INTs. It would be bollocks to put in Webb or Ponder in in the 4th quarter only to have him throw an INT and have the momentum shift and cost us the game. You know we can’t score after halftime. So his choice was between testing out the young guys and risk yet another second half blown lead, or let the guy who is exceptional at ball security hold on to it and make sure we come away with a win to appease the rabid fans. I, for one, will take the victory.

Worry not my friends, we will see Ponder this year, but Sunday afternoon was not the right time for his debut.

209. By teamkillin on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Also, it happened in the AFC South that year too, with the Jags and Titans behind the Colts.

210. By Rocksalt on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

MAYBE…….we could score or at least keep drives alive in 2nd qtr if we had a QB who could HIT THE RECEIVERS………

211. By ozzinator on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Agreed Rocky.
    I was at the game Sunday and it was pathetic to see the football hit the ground all the time.

212. By Jake on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I have been let down 4 times this season with halftime leads…. one win over a troubled cards team is not enough to think this ship is on its way to righting itself. Why arent we hearing anything from the Wilfs? Maybe they are giving frazier enough rope to hang himself with. Live by the Mcnugget, Die by the Mcnugget! Butterfingers for dessert!

213. By 61vikings on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Jared Allen is having an MVP type season, unfortunately, he plays for a so-so team!! He’s on pace for a 20+ sacks season!! Brian Robison is playing very well, too!! Kevin Williams is solid in the middle!! I would put Everson Griffen next to him, to form a great defensive line!! The strongest part of our defense, by far!!

214. By Frederick Jones on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

To my Fine Feathered Friends,

The media has not yet missed on the poor play of McNabb. Unfortunately our Offensive Line is as bad as McNabb !

How many yards would Pete have gained with a great offensive line? We may never know as our Front Office FORGETS to draft Guards, Tackles, and Centers.

Do they think they can find KING KONG for quarterback ? ? ?

No lols, I’m serious.

215. By truther on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

as bad as the bears are , The Vikes have to many weaknesses to over come the bears Defence. Even if we shut down the Bears offence , There Defence will probably score three TDs. They will shut down AP and our run game. The Vikes only have 1 Reciever with size and some speed that can fight for the Football, and that is if Mcnabb can even get the Football to him without throwing INTs against the Bears opertunistic secoundary. All the rest of our WR,s are small or are scrawny beanpoles. Oh and if you think our T ends will do any better, Just remember who our QB is that will be throwing those short one hoppers , especialy on third down. We just dont have enough size , speed and toughness on our team to compete in the NFC North for quarters of Football, and we certianly dont have the agile accurate QB to at least give us a chance. It is a fact. Just look at what Green Bay did to Atlanta and Atlanta has a pretty darn good QB. Need i say any more. Bears 21 Vikes 3. Sad prediction. Eve with Ponder or webb we still lack size and speed at all positions 5 – 11 at best as our coaches appear to be sub par at best.

216. By CanadianVF on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Wow, that was depressing, I think I want to go and shoot myself. I think we are going to beat the Bears this week because we have a very good team with a lot of talent. We will compete hard again as we have this season and we are going to get Jay Cutler very frustrated as we unleash our Defensive Line on them. You gotta love Jared Allen, is he the best or what?

217. By Funny Chat Up Lines on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Many thanks for the important information on this article, and i look forward to returning to understand even more regarding funny chat up lines.