By Air Or By Ground, Harvin Continues To Deliver

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 4, 2011 – 3:57 pm

The traditional way to combat opposing defenses that crowd the line of scrimmage to stop the running game is to strike downfield in the passing game. The Vikings will continue working on this part of their offense in an effort to free up Adrian Peterson on the ground.

But the Vikings may have found another effective way to challenge defenses who stack the line of scrimmage – attack on the ground with Percy Harvin.

Last week against the Chiefs, it was apparent that Kansas City’s top defensive priority was to suffocate Peterson before he could get into a rhythm on the ground. Peterson did his best to grind through the Chiefs defense, as he gained 80 hard yards on 23 carries. While Peterson continually worked against the interior of the Chiefs defense, the Vikings were able to deploy Harvin to attack the edges of the defense.

Harvin collected 67 rushing yards on 4 carries against Kansas City, with each carry occurring on a play where he would motion toward the center of the formation, take a short pitch from QB Donovan McNabb in the backfield, and then burn the edges of the Chiefs defense to get around the corner and burst upfield. Harvin gained 8, 13 and 23 yards going around the left end of the offense and then he picked up another 23-yard gain going around the right end.

Click here to watch one of Harvin’s 23-yard gains against the Chiefs.

Using Harvin as a RB is nothing new. This has been a part of Harvin’s skill set for years and it’s something the Vikings have been doing on occasion for the past 3 seasons. In fact, Harvin now holds both the single-season and career records for rushing yards by a WR – he has 141 rushing yards this season and 383 for his career. Harvin also holds the single-game rushing record by a WR and he needs just 3 more attempts to break the Vikings career mark for rushing attempts by a WR.

Using Harvin in this way will eventually force opposing defenses to guard the edges, which will help Peterson get rolling on the ground, too. With both Harvin and Peterson posing as threats in the ground game, McNabb and the passing game will have a better chance for success through the air.

Tags: ,

269 Responses to “By Air Or By Ground, Harvin Continues To Deliver”

1. By Shawn on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

So why is he on the bench all the time?

Should at 0-2 or 0-3 or 0-4 … when does our second best scorer stay on the field?

Why is anyone else returning kicks at this point?

Why is Berrian on the field unless we go 4 WR?

WHY DOES BERRIANOTHING HAVE MORE SNAPS THEN ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. By Mike B. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Harvin doesn’t have the size for the outside WR, so he is used inside and with his ability to break open get yards inside or take one deep. Benard Berrian is taller at 6’1″ and has played outside WR his entire time in the NFL. BB is a bit short for a blue chip WR. Outside WR usually play most downs on any team. No new news here.

3. By Mike B. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

4. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Why not take some of the pressure off of Harvin and just shoot Berrian?

5. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I’ve tried to avoid the controversy of the headlines but it time to join the rest of y’all. Put some meat into these articles Mike W! An 0-4 team does not command ALL articles of kudos. This is looking like a conspiracy.

6. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Get used to it Vegas, you have got a better chance of finding real journalism in the Inquirer.

7. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    That’s how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

8. By James on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall. Harvin must have an invisibility cape on out there cause I dont see the coaches keeping him on the field for more than a few plays.

9. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

*Enquirer…..shows you how much I read it.

10. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

James, at least we hear his name, how often do you hear “Berrian”?

11. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Now THAT guy is invisible !

12. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Just whistle a happy toon, boys!

13. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Wobschall, please stop impersonating Rocksalt.

14. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

dang, ya caught me!

15. By TheRealDon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Wilfs…Please Fire Frazier & McWashed Up & Berrian..Please….

16. By Mike B. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I still think we are going to win this weekend. Reading this article there are some inaccuracies. I agree with Mike W you need the pass to keep Defenses honest. It was my mailbag question which didn’t get published. You can’t use just one receiver or two every time you are in need of yards. Most of the catches on Sunday were by Harvin or Shank. 2 to rest each.

17. By Mike B. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

To open up the running game you need to get the ball at several places on the field to any open WR. The precentage complete needs to be fairly high, so that the opposing team has to defend the backfield and that soft middle.

18. By Mike B. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings have not been able to get the deep ball outside 20yrds. So opposing teams do stop the most effective part of the game APs running. The QB needs to be a bit of a gunslinger to keep the defense honest. Good points Mike but Harvin and Shank can’t be the only weapons. Goo Vikings.

19. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Mike B…”some inaccuracies” is the theme of this blog.

20. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Along with……My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    That’s how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

21. By Mike B. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I will use a great example in 2009 when Rice was doubled up Farve would throw short P a sses to Harvin or Shank . He would then hand off to AP for big gains. If they move in to stop AP Rice is open. See some issues with our current offense?

22. By mr smiff on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Case study #1: Cris Carter slights Calvin Johnson, saying he’s not elite. Megatron counters by having 24 catches, 321 yards and 8 tds in 4 games, earning recognition and respect from Carter. Halleberrian, on the other hand, responds to his critics by whining about how he has been getting open and doing all he can and getting into a Twitter row with an elected Mn official. Difference in mindsets between a winner and a loser, perhaps?

23. By ronald smith on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I’m tired of pulling for a team that can’t win, 0-4 about to shut the door. If your don’t get Randy Moss it going to cost Frazier his job and the team to be at the bottom. Your got a good quarterback but your don’t haven’t no one to throw to. Let I said last week with Randy Moss your going to be lose, see your next week ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I HOPE YOUR WIN ! ! ! ! ! !

24. By Mike B. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Another observation when BB is successful there is a taller talented receiver on the other side of him even in chicago that was true. We really needed Rice this year to give us that one two punch like Lions have.

25. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Ronald I have a hard time deciphering your statement. If you’re saying we need Moss I will say we need someone with Moss-like talent. Moss would throw a caterer at McNabb after his first game back. The locker room would implode.

26. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Someone should throw a grenade at McNabb.

27. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

How about this for a title subject;
    VIKINGS TWEEK ARTICLES; ADD REALITY, CUT SUNSHINE, RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS

28. By Mike B. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@Vegas Unfortunately there are no Moss-like WR availible. I also agree I think it would be a twice as bad to add Moss to this team right now. He can light things up or cause great damagae.

29. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

McNabb could throw grenades at our WR’s and no one would be harmed

30. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Don’t throw one at Berrian, he will manage to avoid it.

31. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

It’s time to get back to the basics…….
    STAKE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. By used2purplefailure on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

They are going to turn it around guys! Just wait! Their strategy of waiting out the sucking has GOT to work sooner or later.

I’m sorry Ronald, Moss has proven time and time again he isn’t the answer for any team. That goes double for the Vikings.

33. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus? Where’s Titus?

34. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Personally Mike B, I would give T.O. a shot

35. By TheRealDon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall…We all seen they game..We all know what harvin did on the ground and threw the air..We really don’t care cause we lost..I think i speak for every fan..We don’t want to see another post…If it’s not a benching of Mcwashed up..and a cutting of Berrian..

36. By TheRealDon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall…We all seen the game..We all know what harvin did on the ground and threw the air..We really don’t care cause we lost..I think i speak for every fan..We don’t want to see another post…If it’s not a benching of Mcwashed up..and a cutting of Berrian..

37. By Mike B. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@VegasVike TO is weeks away from being ready and I have thought the vikings were waiting for TO to say he is ready before contacting him anyway. It has been a feeling of mine for awhile.

38. By mr smiff on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Case study #2: Fed up of watching his qb get mauled and his team lose 2 games, coach Lovie Smith orders his OC Mike Martz to run the ball more. The Bears win their next game. Fed up of his qb’s underwhelming performance against the Vikings, coach Todd Haley publicly berates him. Matt Cassel responds by throwing for 197 yards in the second half i a winning effort. Perhaps it is time for Frazier to reevaluate his “Mr. Nice Guy” strategy?

39. By mr smiff on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Case study #2: Fed up of watching his qb get mauled and his team lose 2 games, coach Lovie Smith orders his OC Mike Martz to run the ball more. The Bears win their next game. Fed up of his qb’s underwhelming performance against the Vikings, coach Todd Haley publicly berates him. Matt C@ssel responds by throwing for 197 yards in the second half i a winning effort. Perhaps it is time for Frazier to reevaluate his “Mr. Nice Guy” strategy?

40. By mr smiff on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Sorry for the double post.

41. By TheRealDon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Coach Frazier is soft with a capital S….lol…

42. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

It needs to be said more than twice mr smiff

43. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Mr Smiff, I was planning on going to a Vikes game this year, like I do every year, but I can’t see it happening. How are things in Trinidad, maybe that would make more sense.

44. By Canadian Vikes Fan on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I agree with every word ronald smith said

45. By BE SANE AND SERIOUS on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Wobble, people are really tired of the ridiculous spins on your titles, let alone the content of the articles. Do you work for FedEx now too? Harvin delivers through air, on the ground and under the Gatorade dispenser ( thought I would help you– you forgot one of the dimemsions).

Address the issues that need solutions– QB, O line, Secondary, and WR’s. We cannot keep serving ice cream when the fans want a sundae. Change the product.

46. By Canadian Vikes Fan on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Couldn’t have said it any better myself really

47. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Good post Be Sane!

48. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

If I was the author of all this propaganda, I couldn’t sleep at night. Trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear every morning, BSing the fans every day, I would rather not have a job. Wobschall, quit worrying about the Big Bad Wilf and report some facts. You might actually turn into a journalist.

49. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Oh good Titus you are out there, I was concerned.

50. By mr smiff on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@ Nova
    We’re still under curfew, but things are good otherwise. How’s Canada?

51. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

And it was a good post, BSAS.

52. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

10-4 NOVA!! (and with an odd spin, today IS 10/4)

53. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Mr Smiff, it’s good, but it’s going to get cold. I try go south every winter and was just wondering how Trinidad is shaping up, I’ve never been there.

54. By WASSUP on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS… I’VE GONE THROUGH MY UP AND DOWNS W/ THIS TEAM, BUT FANS HANG IN THERE… ALL & ALL IT IS A NEW SYSTEM EVERYONE IS LEARNING, NEW COACHES ETC…. LOOK AT THE LIONS THEY WERE 0-16 2 YRS AGO BECAUSE OF THE NEW SYSTEM CHANGES ETC, AND W/ A HEALTHY STAFFORD THEY ARE 4-0. I BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL REBOUND THIS SUNDAY, AND IF SOO THEN THE REST OF THE SEASON WILL BE GOOD, IF NOT THEN JUST PUT IN PONDER, SEASON IS OVER!!!! BUT I DON’T THINK FRAZIER WOULD PUT PONDER IN TIL AFTER THE BYE WEEK AND MAYBE EVEN AFTER THE MONDAY NIGHT GAME AGAINST GB, BECAUSE AFTER THE CARDINALS WE PLAY THE BEARS, PACKERS AND GB THEN THE BYE WEEK…. I FEEL FRAZIER THINKS MCNABB GIVES THE VIKES A BETTER CHANCE TO WIN. FANS WE WONT SEE PONDER TIL MAYBE AFTER THE BYE… SO JUST SUPPORT OUR QB FOR NOW. HE’S NOT THAT BAD BUT NOT THAT GOOD EITHER. LETS JUST HOPE HE IMPROVES.

55. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I too am going somewhere warm for part of the winter– business is very good right now, so I figure why not? I want to find a good warm place that has great cycling– beats riding indoors– plus I will kill all the competition next spring. Where can I go that has good cycling, warm weather, good food, and reasonable rates on a villa or condo?

56. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Bermuda is the cheapest I’ve seen it in along time, Titus, and I’ve been going there for 48 years. It’s not all that warm in the winter, averaging around 60-65 degrees. It is beautiful, however, and a great place to bike.

57. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus, I would head to Panama City FL to Destin FL. Great weather, it’s America and condos are next to nothing thru the winter.

58. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

* a long

59. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Florida is nice, but Bermuda has all the British charms( Pubs, left hand roads, very friendly, combined with palm trees and the best snorkeling this side of Belize) and you don’t see any Mcdonald’s or Burger Kings anywhere. To me, Florida is a nice, warm state.

60. By 13 time world champions on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Just checking in to see how you are doing this year. You are only 4 games out of the North Division lead. Bring back Favre.

61. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Great, nice hearing from you, now…back to your swamp before all the best dung beetles are gone !

62. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Bermuda looks so lonely way out there in the ocean. What about Martinique? Anyone been there?

63. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I hear ya Nova, I actually like staying in the states. I’ve been to many places out of country but have a hard time adapting to other customs I guess. Ever been to Seaside FL? There are no McDonalds or such. Not allowed!

64. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Try Belize, Titus.

65. By Shawn on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

We need to come out 4 WR this week and go run n shoot …. that way maybe even Berrian could see some action

Everyone know we are running HB dive first play of the game should do a play fake bomb to Percy

or a flea flicker bomb to percy

or a flea flicker bomb to jenkins

or a flea flicker bomb to aromashadu

or a flea flicker bomb to shianco

or a flea flicker bomb to rudolph

or a flea flicker bomb to kleinsasser

or a flea flicker bomb to d’imperio

or a flea flicker bomb to gerhart

or a flea flicker bomb to loadholt

anyone see where im going with this ?

66. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Vegas, when I go away I like to go FAR away.

67. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Shawn….or a flea-flicker to any 1 of 250 other receivers?

68. By Shawn on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

:) yes :)

69. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I like to travel too– for a complete change– Caribbean is so nice.

70. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn – you like fleas lol? The Cunningham/Smith flea flicker was awesome. The only problem is McNabb can’t hit a 6’2″ WR no less a flea!!
    Nova, I know, I have to get out more. Probably the worst vaca I ever had was at Paradise Island, Bahamas. Not the location but the service and the Hotel, I expected so much more.

71. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nothing against Florida, or my own country, but when I go away I like to see a different currency, lifestyle and temperature.

72. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Been to St Croix that was awesome

73. By Adam on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

B. Berrian, 2 receptions in 4 games. 2.he’s the #1 receiver on the team and he has 2 catches? he has more drops than catches Fraizer and Spielman need to wake up and get rid of the guys who cant perform (Berrian, McNabb, Loadholt, Tyrell, Sanford) and let some of the young guys play who might actually be able to throw, catch, or here’s a thought get an interception. This team has no legit threat at getting an interception I wouldn’t be scared to throw into double coverage against this team no one can catch a football. I still think Winfield would be a better safety and let Burton or even Sherels play corner, let Winfield just run around and make plays on defense and let the kid get a shot lets face it McNabb just doesnt have it anymore.

74. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Vegas, you said earlier that you are a “newcomer” to this blog. Last year (and Titus, Rock, Woodboat,Shawn, Animal, and all the regulars remember this), I told the story about when I spent several months in the jungles of Belize, ended up “adopting” a baby Jaguar after his mother abandoned him, and had the best time of my life. No running water, no electricity, just great people, crocodiles, snakes and smoking hot weather. I have learned much more from travelling than all of my years at university.

75. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Anyway, having said all that, this is a football blog, Berrian, McNabb and Wobschall all suck.

76. By rye on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

You know what’s going to happen.

They will play Mcnabb and keep Berrian on the field until the season has no hope.

Then, Ponder will start playing and they will begin to win some games.

Just wait. It’s a typical thing the vikings would pull.

77. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Rye, this season already has no hope !

78. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Football? I thought this was Expedia.

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

The BUFFALO BILLS went into K.C. and beat them 41-7. The F’ing BUFFALO BILLS!

80. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

YAY– Bills!!!

81. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Titus, Buffalo is your “back-up” team, am I correct?

82. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

It’s where I am originally processed– so yeah.

83. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

My Grandma loved Jim Kelly.

84. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

‘Processed in Buffalo” would be a great name for a rock band, Titus.

85. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

My dream, Superbowl– Vikings- Bills– what a hay day for the media– both 0-4.
    But they almost always have opposite records– rarely are they both doing well in the same year. On second thought, that would be a nail-biter — one team would have to endure incredible pain.

86. By Roninmn.. on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Now that you have discussed the positive’s lets discuss the negative’s also. Give us your opinion Mike W. and what you think some corrections might be. Go out on a limb.

87. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I guess that shows our age difference, Titus. My Grandmother loved “The Beverly Hillbillies”.

88. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Roninmn…..WOBSCHALL GO OUT ON A LIMB ?????? I’VE GOT A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING CERVICAL CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!

89. By partyhorn on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

my grandma liked beer n ron yary lol

90. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova, now that sounds like an excellent time out of the states! I could do all that and enjoy it, the things that I don’t like are created by the people and their cultures. This is when traveling with my family and taking on all the responsibility that goes with it. Now they are grown and out of the nest I would probably be able to relax and take life as it comes to me.

91. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Not so sure Nova– we are pretty close in age– my granny was a football fan till she passed at 96.

92. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Buffalo vs. Vikings in the Superbowl? That would be the ofer four bowl!

93. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

God love her, Titus. I bet you miss her just like I miss mine.

94. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

When will the Vikings realize that they can challenge the opposing teams defense’s even more if they found way to use Webb? he has been involved in what? 2 downs in 4 games, I don’t know what to think when all you hear is how much of an explosive weapon he is, yet!! he sits on the bench.

95. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Kelly was an incredible quarterback– a lot like Favre. Too bad to see such great talent never win a Superbowl– I hope the Vikings don’t do that to AP.

96. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Vegas, If you can’t relax in the Belizian jungle, you can’t relax.

97. By CanadianVF on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

My son who is a quarterback got to meet Jim Kelly last summer and he autographed a football for him. He is a really nice man.

98. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I think Kelly is especially nice toward children, after what he endured with his son.

99. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I met Jim Kelly in Toronto, he really is.

100. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Oops–CanadianVF – not to imply your son is a child– that blog got away from me and I realized I made an assumption.

101. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I love Toronto.

102. By CanadianVF on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Listening to Jim and his wife tell their story about their son they have been through an awfull lot.

103. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus….Montreal is much nicer.

104. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I bet Kelly could play better than McNabb– oops, I didn’t say that.

105. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova, I have been to Montreal half dozen times– and Ottawa is cool.

106. By CanadianVF on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

My son is 17 years old and 6′ – 1″, so he isn’t a child anymore.

107. By CanadianVF on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I wish Toronto would get an NFL team, but at the same time I could never bring myself to cheer for them. I am a lifer for the Vikings.

108. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Back to Vikings guys– a win on Sunday, guaranteed. Then we go and manhandle the Bears, hunt down some Panthers, and then stuff the Packers.

109. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Ottawa, Hull, Montreal, all much nicer than Toronto. Montreal is almost European, and has THE S3XIEST WOMEN in North America.

110. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova, I have been all over Canada — some cities many, many times. But I tell you the best city of them all. Thunder Bay.

111. By CanadianVF on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I am with you Titus, lets get on a roll. We just have to get that first win.

112. By Animal26 on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Love the optimistic view of the next few weeks, but realistically we haven’t a chance at beating our next 4 games. out of those 4 games. The Cards are the only team we have a chance and even that game is a long shot.

113. By Animal26 on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

winning our next 4 games*

114. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

THUNDER BAY ??????????????? DO YOU LIKE MOSQUITOES????????

115. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova, you know I was joking, I hope. I was in Thunder Bay once, it was early December and it was so cold and snowy– I just ate and drank Labatts.

116. By CanadianVF on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I disagree we have the talent, we have been very competitive against some very good teams. Things will turn around but our coaching staff has to do a better job, especially their in game adjustments.

117. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

OK Titus, if you have to be in Thunder Bay, make sure that you have booze.

118. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    I sure hope you are better at picking your vacation spots than you are at picking the vikings to win each week……….

119. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt– of course, because I have control over where I go– I cannot make the changes on the team that I would do as a coach. With my life, I can make choices to affect the outcome; with the Vikings, I can only hope. This is the last stand– funny, last year, we had a game that was our season– we had to win, all was on the line— and it was AZ at the dome. Is all of this rigged?

120. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

After many visits to Toronto and Montreal, and enough to Ottawa and Quebec City, I ventured up to Winnipeg when I was around 20 years old– thought it was closer, so why not try it– not much there.

121. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Well- I hope you are right, but I simply do not see us beating anyone…….we lost to KC for cryin out loud!!!! This team has a huge task just to try and avoid being a laughingstock.

122. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Take Nova’s advice

123. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I am going on a big limb– I pick the Vikings over Green Bay.

124. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

WHA????

125. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

who???

126. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

We won that AZ game right? Favre set some sort of record if I remember correctly. IF we win a game in our first 8, this will be it. Last year was a pivotal game that continued to a winning season! Oh wait…..
    When they say you’re a fan through the good and bad , that means there has to be some bad. 2010 & 2011, hang tight fans the pendulum will swing once again. Just ask the Lions fans.

127. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus let’s torch Green Bay, twice. I’d be content at 2-14

128. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Look!! a unicorn!!!!

129. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Thankfully, we have never endured a drought anywhere near as long as the Lions. I also read on the blog yesterday, I think, some moronic Packer fan saying how the Vikes are always losing– huh? Come again? Vikes usually own this division — so Packer fans better relish this rare oddity of seeing the Vikings struggle– because it won’t last. In fact, we will win at least 9 games this year. If it ain’t the Vikes, I think we all agree, we will rally behind the Lions– they deserve a winning season.

130. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

This just in from Hades…apparently the whole underworld is freezing over……..

131. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I am with you Vegas– sweep the Packers this year– that alone would rank in enjoyment just shy of a Superbowl win.

132. By hicohornet on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Hey Titus, a .500 record before the bye still in the books like you garenteed it from your past posts? PLEASE SON! I called this 0-4 team in the preseason when I knew McNabb was washed up! You still liking him and our chances now? McNabb better chances to win? Please, he hasn’t won a single game yet! Right now he is 0/4 with his chances. I think Ponder will bring us better odds!

133. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Fackers gloat about their SB wins, they don’t like to talk about divisional wins. One thing I’ve noticed about Facker fans is they only rally in the good years. Now they hate Favre, that would be like us hating Tarkington.

134. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Tarkenton, Vegas……..

135. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

We’ll pull out a couple wins, I just hope they’re against the hated fack

136. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus that was a combination of auto correct and vodka, sorry

137. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Hichornet, for you call me son, you would have to be in your eighties, I am no kid.
    Anyway, yes, I predict 4 wins now, although I am concerned about the Bears and Carolina– Packers are a sure win for us.

138. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

would it be wonderful for us to beat the Packers? Yes, it would make me feel all warm and fuzzy………but the odds are better that we will be struck by lightning…….

139. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Rock, that was just vodka

140. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

No problem Vegas. I have recently taken a likng to Polish Vodka…….very smooth. Like my friend Tomacz says: Well, it is almost Wednesday, so Thursday and Friday are really the start of the weekend……..dang I gotta get back to Poland…;-)

141. By Kurt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

So..Ill say it ButterFingers Bernard and Mike W. who writes all these stupid articles sugar coating the truth about matters all the time should both be fired New Writer and New Wide Receivers that sounds like a winning plan.

142. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Definitely time for a shake up.

143. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Chopin Rock? I’ve found Russian Standard to be my favorite, price and taste. Chopin or Belvedere when I’m feeling wealthy.

144. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Why is Frazier sticking with McNabb? Why not put in Ponder, bench McNabb? if Ponder flounders, then we go back to the old man…….

145. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

There are 2 Polish brands.one is simply titled Wodka…….the other is higher end but both are smooth enough to drink shots at room temp…….and I am not a vodka man..I prefer Kentucky Straight Bourbon…….

146. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I’ll keep my eye out for Wodka, I’ll leave the bourbon to you. I did live in Alabama for a while and you can drum up some interesting spirits there.

147. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova-
    Where you at man?

148. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

IT’s going to take more than a 40 of Wild Turkey to make me watch this team if Berrian and Mcnabb play in the Bear’s game. I’ll watch Sonja chase rabbits.

149. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

HAHA VEGAS……….like moonshine outta a plastic jug? I can’t rmemeber the name of the other, but next time Tomacz pops in, I will write it down…..

150. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

That’s my Nova!
    I liked HeavyDrinikingvikesfans post on last blog………watching this team is like having your arm sawed off…….

151. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

This team just might turn Titus to the bottle!

152. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

gonna need some powerful liquor if this team goes 0-5

153. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Rock, you have listened to my cynicism for a long time now, I REALLY used to dump on Chilly. But I am SO disappointed in the /11 Team that I just want to puke.

154. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

throw in some incantations and a shaman…..

155. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I hear ya, buddy. I am starting to think this team is showing me new levels of despair………tough bein a vikes fan lo these 40 years

156. By VegasVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

The iPad is down to 6% battery, I guess it’s time to close. Goodnight all

157. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Rock…..Just think about this !!!!!! CHILLY IS SITTING BACK, COUNTING HIS 14 MILLION, AND LAUGHING.

158. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

then all we get are vapid little blurbs from Wobs about this or that positive thing that happened………

159. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Now that thought makes me wanna saw my arm off, Nova…….

160. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

poindexter has the last laugh!

161. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

ROCK>>>>>>>>>WE HAVE TO STAKE CHILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

162. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

gnight Vegas

163. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Chilly Cheese Stake?

164. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova-I would settle for his name off of the tag……….so they can add new ones, but not remove old ones?

165. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova-cheer up Titus says we will win next 4 games.

166. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

According to Eastern European folklore, if we were to decapitate Chilly, put a stake through his heart, fill his mouth with garlic, and bury him at the cross roads, we might only lose to the Cardinals by 17.

167. By mikebrown on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

YOU GUYS JUST WATCH THEY WILL LET HARVIN GO NEXT YEAR

168. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

You know, I revisited the game– McNabb actually threw much better in the last game than prior games.

169. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Anyone know when McNabb was benched last year– at what game?

170. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

STAKE HIM TOO.

171. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

shold have started webb,never signed mcnabb,i wanted kolb till they drafted ponder.webb did beat philly at philly last year

172. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I do not know….but I think we should still see what the young Mr. Ponder can do…….maybe benching Mcnabb will fire him up to play better if/when he returns

173. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

This game is not a sellout,will be a blackout.You have to be really drunk or stoned to watch the vikings in a dome

174. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

At what point (game) in the season did McNabb get benched at Washington? Anyone??

175. By Rocksalt on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Good night Nova, Titus.I hope we can cherish some wins this year.

176. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

And this is from a fan from the 70s

177. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Ok so where do the vikings play in 2012?lease is up this year at the dome.ANYONE??

178. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

iF YOU BENCH MCNABB NOW,YOU ARE BASICALLY TELLING THE PLAYERS THE SEASON IS OVER.tHE CHARGERS MADE THE PLAYOFFS,1992 THAT STARTED 0-4,IT CAN STILL HAPPEN.wHO THOUGHT BUFFALO BE TIED FOR DIVISION,AND LIONS ARE 4-0?

179. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

SEE YA ROCK

180. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

It would have been a wise move– I would have done it — put in Ponder– you are not saying you are turning on McNabb, you are saying you want the team to win, and so make a change– and give McNabb a wake-up call– put him back in after a game.

But i do believe McNabb is starting to heat up– maybe he just hasn’t played in so long– he did have some really good throws in the first half Sunday– and even a TD in the second half– 4-4 at the Bye- that is my final answer.

181. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Anyone here??

182. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus,

The veterans want mcnabb to start,thats why,AP,ALLEN said this as well

183. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

You guys only see the higlights of the book.You dont see what happens at pratices,and so forth.Read the entire book ,thats why mcnabb is starting.

184. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Disagree about benching McNabb tells the players the season is over. Nonsense by the media— benching McNabb says you want to do something different because so far it is not working– these are grown professionals, not pee wees. To say the team gets a mixed or wrong message if McNabb is benched is nonsense. But I do believe at this point, McNabb’s play has improved and we will see Sunday if he really is leading this team. Had we put Webb or Ponder in for two of our games so far– we most likely would have won those games– we lost by 19 points TOTAL in four games—- Frazier should have tried Webb at the very least– the kid has played several games already– and then let McNabb come back– McNabb still has a lot of talent– just wish we would have tried anything to win some of the games so far— anything– it is a team sport last I checked.

185. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I do believe McNabb will shock most of the naysayers from here on out– but had we thrown Webb in during some struggles in our games, we would be 2-2 right now and not in such a tough predicament– we need to win a high percentage of our games now to have any shot at the playoffs– it is possible, though.

186. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

This is what i would have done.
    Draft sign a offenive line guy.
    Sign Kevin Kolb
    Sign BIRK,Rice,release BB
    We have webb,never would have signed ponder,gone after kolb.
    Use a 2 back set with booker,AP

My team would be 3-1 or 4-0 now
    Hire singletary as def coach
    Where is he at?
    Musgrave needs to be fired

See what tampa ay did when they had the lead?
    RUN THE DAM BALL

187. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Lee Russakoff’s power rankings just showed up on my comcast home screen. Guess who is dead last at 32?

188. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

webb last year won a game in philly at philly.guess that does not count

another wasted 5 million on mcnabb,i would have signed kolb

189. By Webb on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Hope to hear some webb chants this weekend, the vikings will win more games.

190. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus

foxsports has this team dead last as well

personally i think the rams are worse.

191. By Webb on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

If I was the coach, webb would be the starter for the whole year.

192. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

If i lived near minnesota i would not go to game either,i send a message

193. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

i will be at panthers game when vikes come in.i have seats 60 feet from fraiser.He is dam sure gonna hear it from me

194. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus, you haven’t expressed an opinion on the decapitation, stake through the heart, etc……Do you feel that any of these methods have merit? If so explain….

195. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

This blog was started at 4 p.m., we will probably have more than 200 posts before midnight !

196. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

It’s good to know people are still interested in the Vikings, if only to bash certain Vikings.

197. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I just hope when the vikings play 2 nationally televised games,sunday night,and monday night they show up to play

198. By glennisi on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Roses are red violets are blue…mcflabb…you are the reason,we hate you!!!

199. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Sonja and I will be “hunting rabbits”. without a gun.

200. By Webb on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Drop the 2 and 3 tight end sets and put harvin in there what is musgrave thinking putting him on the sidelines. Well if we are behind by far I would appreciate the chant’s webb and fire frazier get your signs ready and blow your top off. We need to get the voices heard throughout the whole stadium.

201. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

If things dont turn around i expect ponder to start the 12th game.we have invested 5 million in this quarterback.Another reason TITUS why mcnabb is still starting

202. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Fred, how are you doing?

203. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Fred Jones, where have you been?

204. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Webb

This worked last year when musgrave was with atl.Why can it not work here?

205. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Some remember my complaints about the Offensive Line during the strike.

I was predicting dire straits for the team unless this was fixed.

That was the time to fix the line and defensive backs. Admittedly I missed pushing the Vikings to get some wide outs.

What would have happened if we had built the team around Webb? There have been teams that have been successful this way. We coulda, shoulda, woulda, been better off using the McNabb money to fix the 3 huge holes in our personnel.

206. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

At least the baseball playoffs are pretty good

207. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@Nova,

I admit I have lost some interest in the Vikings this year. I’ll always be a fan, but NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO SAY IN THE LOSERS LOCKERROOM.

I sure don’t.

208. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Fred, how do you feel about the coaching staff? (We know how you feel about the OL}.

209. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

As a longtime viking fan,this team has never been the same since bud grant retired.We need a coach like bill cower or tony dungy,gruden.Come on wilf offer them 5 million/year instead of mcnabb and u see some accountability,i gurantee you

210. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

2-7 dont get it done
    FIRE LESLIE FRASIER

211. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@Nova Scotia Vike,

If you look back you can see that we have not drafted well in recent years.

The best example may be the 2004 draft. Not one of those guys did anything in the NFL ! It may have been the WORST DRAFT OF ALL TIMES !

That was the year they drafted Williamson, and Erasmus James.

212. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Sure we have invested 5 million in McNabb, VIKES FAN FOREVER; however the counterargument to your reason would include the higher price of the cu.mulative salary of the whole team, the disenfranchisement of a fan constituency, and the loss in momentum toward a stadium solution

213. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Fred, I know exactly what you mean. Sonja is happy now that I will spend Sunday afternoons with her.

214. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Wow, I could not post because the blog saw a three letter word at the start of cu.mulative– I am glad I discovered it, but this site is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too sensitive.

215. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

As a manager i am in charge of 50 employees.If they do not perform,it comes back to me to lay down the car.Must be nice to not be held accountable,and still have a job.Fraiser must have some nice pics of wilf for him to still be here,and have a job,and getting paid.

216. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova, I am not a violent man, but maybe a row of stakes near the training facility will motivate more than a crying coach.

217. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@Nova,

You can’t make chickensalad out of you know what !

The talent has to be there. In reality I think we are only weak
    at DB, OL, and WR.

But WE KNEW THAT and couldn’t do anything about it?!?!

218. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

i meqant to lay down the car,and make it happen.

219. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

ugh lay down the law

220. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Yes, I agree– I don’t believe in throwing tantrums, but coach needs to have a little fire in him– show some emotion.

221. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@Nova,

Sonja would be more interesting than the current Vikings offense!

222. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

When the Vikings make a move you have to get behind it.

Heck even TITUS changed his mind about McNabb to be positive.

Now I am noticing that NO ONE, including Freddie Jones is being positive.

223. By SaskatchewanVikesFan on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Don’t know if D’Imperio is good or not, but we have Emmanuel Arceneaux on the practice roster and I know he is a talented WR. He played in the CFL with the B.C. lions and was a constant killer of opposition teams. Why not go with someone with pro football experience? Can’t hurt at this point.

224. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

We simply have to draft better, and evaluate our own talent better.

It seems that the Vikings have made some mistakes evaluating talent during pre-season training camp.

Even last year that may have been the case.

225. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus

You do realise that with the new stadium ,everything else will rise as well?Some one has to pay ap 100 million dollar salary.If you guys dont want the vikings,ca does
    I would suggest that u fans,show up on sunday.As mgmt.,that tells me that this state does not really care about the vikings.Packers had sellouts,even the bad years.And also if ponder was starting,would not be a sellout either.

226. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Saskatchewan,

As fans we can’t know for sure about the talent that is being let go.

That said, you may have a point.

227. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Freddie I am back on the stars and moon– I am predicting a win over Green Bay.

228. By torinmadry on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

get Mcslob out of their

229. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

It’s late, I bid you all a good night !

230. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

What about Arizona?

231. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

A blowout of epic dynamics– Vikings 34, Cardinals 12.

232. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus

so u would have never had ditka as a coach?vikings have not won a superbowl.he did as a coach and player.cower did also,so did gruden.These players are men,not babies,and shannahan did also.Name one coach who does not have a tantrum and never won?thought so

233. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

4-4 at the Bye, Freddie.

234. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Tony Dungy

235. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus

i agree vikings win,but not like that.Someone tell me when was the last time vikes scored 30 points?

236. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

vikes fan forever– what is this– “thought so”? I cannot respond to your posting before you post it– ha ha ha ha ha. You are funny.

237. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

It’s 2 am here, Fred, you and Titus have put up with me for a long time, but I am losing my enthusiasm for dumping on this team. I am about ready , after 43 years, to just say goodnight to these guys. This year’s edition, in my opinion, isn’t even worth it. Bud Grant must be sick to his stomach.

238. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus

They knew where tony stood,makes a difference.With frasier,he says the same bs since week one?

239. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

good night Nova and all— big day tomorrow.

240. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Need to get ap,harvin more involved

241. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova,

If they move to another town, I’m done as well.

I root for the MN Vikings 16-0 or 0-16.

242. By Frederick Jones on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

vikes forever,

Getting rid of the coach got us no where last year.

Why do you think it will work this year??? :)

243. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Good night Fred– I have three big freelance projects to work on, plus I have a lot to do on campus the next week or so.

244. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Vikes win but i bet kolb throws for 350 yards

245. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Fredrick Jones

Are you serious?No way this team be 0-4 with someone like cower,gruden,dungy.This team has the talent,needs to come together.

Fire leslie frazier,hire cower,bring back bellichick,rem 1998??

246. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

bring back billick i mean as off.coordinator

247. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Belllichick is the Patriots coach– come on, man, if you want to debate maintain some credibility–

248. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

ap runs for 150 vikes win 24-3,lead 21-7 at halftime

249. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

there you go

250. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

24-14 lol

its late time to quit

251. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

titus

i reposted brian billick

252. By vikes fan forever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

in 2012

Welcome to the los angeles vikings

253. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Vikes fan forever… It’s really late here, but before I crash, i just want you to see your own quote………Name one coach who does not have a tantrum and never won?thought so…………. GUESS WHAT ? .I CAN NAME A THOUSAND !

254. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

vikes fan– and I said– there you go

255. By Titus on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Tony Dungy!

256. By Webb on Oct 5, 2011 | Reply

Put in sherals, and burton on nickel and dime defense. Bench chris cook and asher. This team sure knows how to waste talent, how is sherals on the sidelines with all the plays he’s been making when will frazier appreciate sherals and give him some playing time.

257. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 5, 2011 | Reply

I’m with some of you here, I have not been a MINNESOTA Vikings fan for over 45 years, because they won so many games and won a few rings along the way! I Didn’t mean that literally, hahaha! The day the Vikings get on a plane and fly to LA or any other place to continue the franchise else where, I am 100% done with football and from that moment it’s just history. I couldn’t even move back to SoCal and be a fan of that team, when you spent 45 years always thinking and believeing the other teams suck regardless if they did or didn’t, how can you just suddenly say, ” OK! this is my new team ” I can’t do it…. oohh sorry! what was the topic again?

258. By Frederick Jones on Oct 5, 2011 | Reply

@Vikes Fan Forever,

I just watched the sports channels again for the 1st time in almost a month.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE !

They want you to watch the show. They are not going to talk about Offensivel Linemen or even Defensive Linemen.

Why??? Because we enjoy watching the wide receivers, quarterbacks, and running backs.

We enjoy hearing about the ALL POWERFUL COACHES.

Brett Favre said it well in 2009-2010 when he said, “I usually have
    a great statistical day when my team wins.”

That is why FOOTBALL is one of the greatest team sports of all time.
    IT TAKES A TEAM ! ! ! :) :) :) lol forever.

259. By Frederick Jones on Oct 5, 2011 | Reply

Offensivel should be Offensive. ***

260. By Frederick Jones on Oct 5, 2011 | Reply

McNabb is not the greatest QB in the NFL.

We hope him to be in the top 15. Seriously.

The receivers are not getting open.
    The offensive line is not blocking well consistently.
    McNabb is not making the good throws when he does have time.

The defensive backs are not covering people consistently
    which causes the defensive line to look bad at times.
    :) :) :)

261. By Frederick Jones on Oct 5, 2011 | Reply

T o g e t h e r
    E v e r y o n e
    A c h i e v e s
    M o r e

262. By 13 Time World Champions on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

It is so funny to read you losers blogs. Sweep the Packers…please. You should be happy to hold them under 35 points.

263. By 13 Time World Champions on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

Hey remember this:

264. By backpacking trails point reyes on May 31, 2013 | Reply

When someone writes an piece of writing he/she keeps the thought of a user in his/her mind that how a user can understand it.
    Therefore that’s why this post is great. Thanks!

265. By garmin gps etrex vista hcx testbericht on May 31, 2013 | Reply

I just couldn’t depart your web site prior to suggesting that I really loved the usual info a person supply for your guests? Is gonna be back incessantly in order to investigate cross-check new posts

266. By suunto watches india price on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

After exploring a few of the articles on your web site, I honestly like your technique of blogging.

I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon.
    Take a look at my website as well and let me know how you feel.

267. By lexapro US on Jan 17, 2014 | Reply

I’m gone to say to my little brother, that he should also visit this
    weblog on regular basis to get updated from hottest gossip.

2. Oct 4, 2011: FEATURED VIKINGS ARTICLE: By Air Or By Ground, Harvin Continues To Deliver « The Viking Ship - The Ultimate Minnesota Vikings Blog
  3. Oct 11, 2011: Vikings Blog | Emptying Out The Vikings-Cardinals Notebook «