Vikings Drop 22-17 Road Decision To Chiefs

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 2, 2011 – 4:25 pm

The Vikings went to Kansas City this weekend looking for their first win of the 2011 season, but they came up short in their attempt as the Chiefs defeated them 22-17 at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday afternoon. It’s another frustrating loss for the Vikings because they held advantages in TDs scored, 1st downs, red zone scoring efficiency, rushing yards and time of possession, yet came away with their 4th consecutive loss.

Another solid outing from the Vikings defense kept Kansas City’s offense in check for much of the afternoon. The Chiefs entered the red zone three times on the afternoon, yet never scored when threatening. K Ryan Succop was called upon to convert a career-high 5 FG attempts, and he also nailed a career-high 54-yarder along the way. The Chiefs only TD came on a 52-yard bomb from QB Matt Cassel to playmaking WR Dwayne Bowe.

The Vikings offense, meanwhile, did find the end zone twice on Donovan McNabb TD tosses to Devin Aromashodu early and Michael Jenkins late, but they were unable to outscore the Chiefs. Kansas City’s #1 defensive priority was clearly to stop RB Adrian Peterson - he had 80 yards on 23 carries – but that allowed the Vikings to attack creatively in other areas, such as with Percy Harvin on end-arounds and with TE Visanthe Shiancoe through the air. Harvin had 67 rushing yards on 4 carries and Shiancoe had 6 receptions for 58 yards.

Ultimately, though, the Vikings couldn’t drive for a TD late in the game and Kansas City was able to pickup a 1st down when they needed it most, allowing them to run out the clock on the Vikings defense. The Chiefs came away with the win, their first of the season. The loss for the Vikings dropped them to 0-4 on the season as they return home this week to prepare for a contest against the Arizona Cardinals next Sunday at Mall of America Field.

Tags: , , , , ,

119 Responses to “Vikings Drop 22-17 Road Decision To Chiefs”

1. By DuaneN on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Just an awful pick on the screen to Toby.

Love that screen 25 put on Griffen for the big pass play.

As somebody said earlier we should try running with 4 WR’s out there.

Try a HB toss to AP on the goalline monkeys. Straight rarely works.

2. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Vikings led in every category except the most important-the final score. I just don’t see the leadership in McNaab to make that one big play to take them over the top. Case-in-point 0-4 record. It is time to play Ponder.

3. By KLAWZ on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

It was time to play Ponder in game one………..isnt that the reason we picked him first in the draft!? McSuck has no leadership……….just showing up for the paycheck……….no heart this team has!

4. By Joe F on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

One question. How much has California paid the state of Minnesota to have the Vikings throw their season to make the move out easier? Last I heard California was worse off than Minnesota financially but somehow they can get a stadium built. Start executing stop sugar coating and WIN a game.

5. By dawnwisconsin on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I am LMFAO..at the VIKINGS..THE 2 PREVIOUS YEARS YOU BLAMED FAVRE!
    HES GONE..AND ON HIS OWN TERMS..YOU DESERVE TO LOSE………

6. By Tired on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Everything on this team is wrong. The Vikings new coach sucks. He just stands there with no emotion. The off/def coordinators cant keep the game plans straight. Mcnabb isnt the answer. Time for Ponder. Please? AT least let him finish out the season so he can gain experience for the future seasons. This one is shot already.

7. By Jeff from Alabama on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Frazier presser is telling: “We gotta come back Monday, try to figure out what we can do TO AVIOID NOT GETTING A WIN on our next home game.” Wow, I’m inspired. My coach talking like that would really build my confidence.

Oh, and Coach, please stop telling me it’s not the play of the quarterback. That is a huge part of the problem. When you’re working on a 13 year veteran quarterback’s mechanics after week 3 of the regular season, I think it’s beyond time to change the quarterback.

8. By Garrett on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Just please don’t win like three in a row to end the season to lower our draft pick status

9. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings are a disappointment. But, if I were an Eagles fan with their off-season pickups I’d be looking for a tall building to take a walk off of. Detroit did to Dallas what they did to the Vikes last week. This goes on our head coach. Great player, salt of the earth human being, but not a head coach.

Kudo’s to whoever has been posting that we need to get Aromashadu out there more. He proved you to be the wiser judge of talent than our coaching staff.

10. By radzinwisconsin on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Hey Dawn they blamed Childress not Favre! Big Mistake on letting Chilly go over what that hayseed wanted!!

11. By Garrett on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Did mike block like all of your comments during the game as well. He p i s s e s me off

12. By corey t. on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

if u havent figured it out yet mcnabb sux we need wins he isnt doin it for us last week we had a 20 to 0 lead on the lions and we lost we never should have lost put in ponder and see what he does anything would be better than watchin mcnabb who knows ponder might surprise us dont know if u dont try

13. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I’m ready for Ponder now. No need to wait for our bye week. Our season has become 16 bye weeks with this start anyway.

14. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Garrett: I’m sorry they edited your comments out. The truth hurts. As fans we should boycott going to the game. Ownership and the coaching staff will get the point when they play in front of a smaller crowd than the Gophers.

I was at the Texas ISU game last night. Texas safeties and corners were far more physical than anything the Vikes put on the field.

15. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Frazier, it may not be in the plans to change QB’s, but plans have changed-it’s time to play Ponder now.

16. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

It’s too bad Denny Green didn’t do Coach Fraziers post game press conference. He’d have emotion. He’d have demonstrative gestures! He’d have passion! And….. he’d say……..”They ARE, WHO WE thought they WERE!”

17. By dawnwisconsin on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

HAYSEED FAVRE??AT LEAST 2 YEARS AGO..MINNESOTA WON THE DIVISION..DID YOU FORGET ALREADY..THEY ARE PLAYING LIKE DETROIT LIONS NOW,,,NEVER THANKFUL FOR THE PPLE WHO GIVE IT THERE ALL………..MINNESOTA YOU DESERVE WHAT IS COMING…

18. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

It’s funny how anylists’ are saying the reason they should’nt change QB’s is because the Vikings players would think that they are in a “re-building” year. Personally, I think they would welcome change NOW- they all realize McNaab isn’t what they hoped for and that they would welcome Ponder knowing he IS the future of the franchise.

19. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

PLAY PONDER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. By Mike R. on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Vikings scored a touchdown in the second half. First time this year. Baby steps.

21. By Bigfan1 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

At this point the Vikes have nothing to lose they might as well put Ponder in.

22. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I think the Wilf’s have tried hard to keep the Vikings in Minnesota. But if they want to increase the chances, the Vikings must play their future QB immediately. PLAY PONDER NOW!

23. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

How to build a championship level team.

1. Get a coach with passion. And doesn’t accept less than all out commitment. Brian Billick. Plan B: Gruden. Plan C: Jack McKeon. Hey, he’s 80 years old, but he keeps coming out of retirement to fix baseball teams. Maybe he could read “Coaching football for dummies.”

2. Trade A.P. He’s worth 2 first round picks and a second. It clears cap space. Plus you could pick up a player now for the defense.

3. Start playing Toby, and see if we need to acquire a F.A. running back that can catch the ball out of the backfield, and pick up the blitz.

4. In the draft, pick O-linemen , D-backs, and safeties.

5. Get a couple of linebackers via free agency.

6. Play Webb. Play Ponder. Run the wildcat with Percy in the shotgun.

7. Release McNabb.

24. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I forgot to menion. We could get a Bill Cowher if we offered him GM and Coach. I believe he has a lot left in the tank.

25. By Bigfan1 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

These guys are professionals right, do they know how to fix it, apparently the players and the coaches are grabbing for straws nobody knows how to fix it. Zero and sixteen will get some great draft picks. At least the NFC North is the division to beat this year.

26. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

This will be a long week in Minny. Frazier needs to take a long hard look at his current situation, and make some serious changes.

27. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Go LYNX! GO! The Vikes could learn a lot about passion from these gals. Who would have thought the Lynx would get a title before the Vikings? Game 1 is looking good up 13 with under 6 to go. 15-0 run.

28. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Viking-ology. The Wilf’s arent the problem. It’s Spielman, Chilly, and now Frazier.

29. By David P on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Yes Mike blocked my comments after I told him I disliked the way he had a spin for everything. The season is over and if the owners had any sense they would do the following.
    1. Get rid of that clueless OC.
    2. Get rid of the head coach. I like Fraiser but the pressers are getting old and the reaction is also.
    3. Start Ponder.
    4. Get rid of McNabb.

And best of all, get someone who can ask the coaches the tough questions and ask questions the fans raise. I bet one of the questions this week will be. It was good to see BB catch a pass. Do you have plans to use him more in the offensive schemes? JOKE, JOKE, JOKE.

30. By Mike R. on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I liked the draft picks that we had this year. I was surprised with the Ponder pick but I liked him or Daulton as one of our draft picks (later in the draft). Raymond I liked because of his heart. Walk-on who made the team and became captain. He also overcame adversity. I liked Love cause he was O-line playing in a big school conference. I’m wondering if they are learning what NOT to do in a game by watching the tape of Vikings Sunday games?

31. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Arrow86 you make some good points, but getting rid of Peterson is not one of them. Of couse I agree to kick McNaab to the curb, and start Ponder. I’ve always been a fan of Cowher.

32. By 61vikings on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I never thought I would hear myself say this, but we’re the worst team in this division!! Leslie Frazier, you are way out of your league as a head coach!! You are putting your job on the line by continueing to play D.McNabb as QB!! I would rather lose with a rookie, than lose with a guy who seems to be on the retirement circuit!! I would tell this team that from this point on everyone is playing for a job next year!!

33. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

If Frazier plays McNaab up until the bye week, I would vote to fire him. Changes need to start NOW!

34. By Mike R. on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

@61vikings

I agree. If anyones job was on the line and it was do or die, you would kick,scratch and bust your a$$ to keep your job. Let’s see…

35. By Mike R. on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I saw Daulton earlier today make a dive for the sideline for a first down. This was on the drive that won the game for the Bengals over undefeated Bills. I know the Bengals O-line hasn’t been good for Carson Palmer with all sacks given up. If a rookie with a weak O-line can have the drive and determination to win the game….why can’t we?

36. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

It’s time to bench McBaad and bring in the Ponder era.

37. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Mike R. I could’nt agree more! Well said.

38. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Read my lips. No more McNaab!

39. By dawnwisconsin on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

lmao..you people chased favre out of town…………..BEST QB EVER! AND HEGOT SICK OF YOUR COMPLAINING AND BLAMING HIM FOR EVERYTHING//LMFAO ..YOUR THE WORST…………………………………………………

40. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Poor Viking bloggers. We are running out of things to say. After all, how many McTwists can we put on the fact that McNaab is McDone!

41. By Mike R. on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

@Viking-ology

Thanks. Now get let’s get back to our kids’ homework. Haha!!!

42. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

By the way Dawn-I loved Favre

43. By Mike R. on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Would you like McFries with that loss?

44. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Mike R- I know, I know the homework never stops! One kid after the other!

45. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Supersize those McFries will ya Mike R! LOL

46. By TonyO on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I can only imagine what it like in the locker room. Here’s a quick look:

* Loadholt is double fisting donuts so he can get cut like McNotSkinny did
    * Jared Allen is wondering if he should grow another mullet
    * Kevin Williams misses Pat
    * Frazier keeps getting prank phone calls from Chilly

Never a dull moment in Minneapolis……

47. By torinmadry on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

tha season is over play ponder or webb and get some protecting on o line get loadholt out of their and a new offence play caller

48. By GM on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Before the jets ravens game tonight, dungy said if he were coach he would start Ponder.

49. By ponderfan7 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

WE WANT PONDER WE WANT PONDER and we want mcgrub aka mc choke outta minny now ponder is the future we will win at least 4game with ponder we will be 0-16 with mc chump ponder is getting the cheers he wants from the viking fans and i agree if i dont see ponder on Sunday against Arizona i will not watch another game till it happens ponder will be a great QB he is accurate and Mobile GOODBYE MC CHICKEN!!!

50. By Mike R. on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

@Viking-ology

maybe we can preach to kids that if you don’t do studies that well, you will still have job in Vikings organization. Hey, aim for the stars!

51. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

This is a young mans game-especially at the helm. Look at what this years Rookies are doing-c’mon Frazier open your eyes! START PONDER NOW!

52. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I have been a Viking fan for 37 years, what the heck was I thinking when I made my team choice!

53. By dawnwisconsin on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

AT LEAST….FAVRE NEVER EVER HAD THIS RECORD…ON ANY TEAM!!
    SO HAPPY HE LEFT VIKINGS ON HIS OWN TERMS. YOU GUUYS ARE THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE………………GOOD FEELING? LET ME KNOW HOW IT FEELS..lMFAO

54. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Next weeks QB depth chart should read: Ponder-1 Webb-2 McNaab-3. Infuse the young talent now before the veterans get disheartened.

55. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Dawn-read my post above on Favre. Oh, by the way you are wanted on the Packer site-

56. By stricker on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

If Mcfloormat has a bad showing next week at home vs the Cards.. Make an in game switch by putting Ponder in to pour some fuel on a diminishing fire.. It really can’t hurt to try.. Honestly though, I’m still behind this team and coaching staff as this is the first year this coaching staff has ever been together.. Give them some time to get things right.. It will happen.. I can feel it!!

57. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

This just in…Frazier says to continue to be patient. Also, he noted Mcnaab still needs to get up to speed on the new offense-even if it means re-signing him for one more year to really get the offense rolling!

58. By dawnwisconsin on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

NOT A PACKER FAN! FAVRE FROM IT,,,I WAS HOPING YOU GUYS DID WELL!AND PUT THE PACKERSBIN THEIR PLACE..NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!SAD! SAD!

59. By Preeno on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Im sorry McNabb but all you nicknames show that its ponder’s time. After all, all of us are Pondering about the McBadd QB situation.

60. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

If McNaab starts next week, the Vikings will more than likely be 0-5. And the Boo’s will be deafining.

61. By Viking-ology on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

My final post tonite: As I Ponder this season of McStakes, I hope the Vikings break out of this Webb of confusion and make their fans proud of their team. PLAY PONDER NOW! Peace-

62. By Preeno on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

If McNabb starts next week we might as well just forfeit the game so he can rest his old, weak body :)

63. By Favre=pervert on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Hey Dawn, what does that even mean…he left on his own terms? you keep saying that! Favre is a dirtbag/phony who’s true colors came through in the end. Lousy husband, lousy father, a fraud in every sense of the word…also the most overrated QB in NFL history. Thank god there won’t be a “Favre Cam” ever again. You are an absolute idiot. “LMFAO” Up yours Dawn.

64. By mikebrown on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

the defense makes plays 4 quaters and makes plays throughout the game, the offense needs to follow

65. By mikebrown on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

@arrowhead–I am not an AP fan, but trading him is not a good idea, so keep your smart ideas to yourself

66. By mikebrown on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

@viking-ology–you are wrong Mcnabb should not be #3, he should be released to clear some room on the roster

67. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

@DawnWisconsin:

Answering those voices in your head only mean that you need a lot of therapy. Favre was fantastic. He played with passion, even when we didn’t block for him. 2009 he was great! 2010 he played like any man his age… I wanted him to ride off into the Mississippi sunset with a Viking Super Bowl ring!

68. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    Everything that’s wonderful is what I feel when we’re together,
    Brighter than a lucky penny,
    When you’re near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
    And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    That’s how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    Everything that’s wonderful is sure to come your way
    When you’re in love to stay.

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    Everything that’s wonderful is what I feel when we’re together,
    Brighter than a lucky penny,
    When you’re near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
    And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    That’s how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    Everything that’s wonderful is sure to come your way
    ‘Cause you’re in love, you’re in love,
    And love is here to stay!

69. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall…….tell us all about Kluwe’s 61 yarder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

70. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

@Mike Brown:

AP is awesome! I love how he plays. I love who he projects himself to be as a person. Our team needs depth. A.P. shouldn’t have to sit around and be used as a decoy, or have a poor line to play behind. By the time the Vikes get respectable, he’s going to be greatly diminished.

At the very least, get a coordinator who can pinpoint how they will get A.P. the ball 15-20 carries, and throw him the ball 4-5 times. With Musgrave, it’s like he doesn’t know anything about A.P.

A.P. isn’t the problem. Our lack of coaching, and depth on our roster.

71. By Arrow86 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

@Nova:

It’s good to see you’re on the site tonight. Hopefully, you can point out some of the bright spots in this loss for us to build up our hopes.

72. By Arnie Kuhn on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Frazier should be fired for no other reason than for being just plain stupid!!! Why not give Ponder a start? Are they affraid if they do, they might LOSE?CHUCKLE!!!! AP is a great back, but he should be traded now while he still has some value, so we can rebuild the team. But the Viking org is not capable of thinking outside the box.

73. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Arrow, I can’t really see any,but Wobschall surely will after he consults his Unicorn!!

74. By vlad19 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

WHY can GB load up a roster, 5-6 deep in WR talent? You wonder why Rodgers is so good – and yes he is – it is because he has weapons, guys who know how to separate, good, physical guys with speed, good hand-check, good burst and ALL have hands….

And we have Bernard Berrian….. Teams can load up the box against us because we have nobody who can gash them in the downfield stuff – ham-n-egg carp only.

Also watch Packers line, a machine, in unison, try running stunts on em, they get you pegged, they stay in balance in their gaps on the run and power out – on pass protection, they are quick and strong, GREAT feet.

Vikes have big garbage cans and play like garbage. Herrera was absurd today – not even knowing who to block, let alone, did he do it well. Loadholt gets pushed around more than any other 360 lb lineman I have ever seen.

Offensive line and receivers who know how to get open…. ANYBODY with a professional resume could be good with the guys Pack has….. Rodgers is just exceptional on top of it all. But count it out for him, he has 5 seconds most the day. How could he be less than good?

75. By Rick on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Favre was run out of Green Bay because the Packers had Aaron Rodgers
    Mc Nabb was run out of Philly, and then Washington, because he was done! That is a big difference!!!!
    Last year was a perfect STORM! No recievers to start with. Just a 3,4 and 5 then Too much Chilly as he lost 2 of the first 3 games with poor in game decisions. Then the refs stole the first Packer game. The Jets stole one too, pushing that Sterger gal out to mess with Brett and the Media. After that Brett tried to carry what was left of the team by himself, just as the opponents teed off on him. Brett would have had this years team 4-0 right now, but nobody asked him back for onee more try while Ponder learns the game. McNabb could not hold Favre’s jockstrap.

76. By vlad19 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

By the way, the WR dilemma is not a new thing…. goes back about 6 or 7 years…. Bethel Johnson, Bobby Wade, Hank Baslett, Tod Pinkston, Marcus robinson, Robert Ferguson…… players that are garage-sale retreads and waiver-wire cast-offs……. You think if we were to build a receiving corps, it might have been paying dividends by now….. Adrian is gonna have some mighty fine holes to make with NO receivers and a passing game that is a poor excuse for division III.

O line and WRs would make McNabb look great – as it is, they load up to stop AP and bust it out with PASS-RUSH WITH EARS PINNED BACK… Don’t have time to pitch it against that kind of defense. Play man-to-man on outside guys and safety on TE and blitz side to side…. it is the book on our sorry bunch, and it ain’t getting any better until we get an O-line and receivers. Mark my word.

Berrian is an illness. Jenkins is a possession guy. Camarillo is a special teams torpedo…. Aromashodu got us excited briefly, but still NOT the class of the league by long shot. Cards might have our #!

77. By MG on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

There’s a reason Brady and Rodgers didn’t play much as rookies: starting any job without all the right training and education messes with your perspective and fundamentals. Playing Ponder too soon could backfire – because of the lockout, he hasn’t had enough time to build the foundation for a career. Plus he has only one WR to throw to, and he could get seriously injured behind this offensive line. Sure, he could be better than McNabb if he started now – but we don’t know how much potential would be lost. Yes, other rookie QBs are starting, but any coach will tell you they’d prefer not to do that if at all possible.

Let the team rebuild more before putting Ponder in. If he’s tasked with being the franchise QB, they owe him at least one good wideout and some O-linemen. In the mean time, make McNabb earn his paycheck by getting humiliated, sacked, and intercepted every Sunday. Don’t put undue pressure on Ponder too early and destroy his confidence and training.

78. By Matthias on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

@ MG, I totally agree with you.

79. By Old School on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Fredrick Jones….Titus…………where are all these dudes…the ones that were trying to get me to leave the blog because they couldn’t handle the truth about this team! I’ve sais now for months that this team was no better than 4-12…at best!

I said that McChoke was done and was not a fix!

I said that we should start Ponder……..and now we really should…what would be the result other than finding out if this is your guy……….we would lose a game or two?!

Because if Ponder isn’t the guy…your going to have a top 3 pick next year!

or

IS FRAZIER AFRAID OF STARTING HIM AND EVERYONE FIND OUT THAT HE TOOK HIM TO EARLY AND WITH A RECORD LIKE HE HAS GET CANNED!

BECAUSE

I SE OTHER QB’S STARTING AROUND THE LEAGUE THAT HAVE WON GAMES ALREADY THIS YEAR THAT WERE DRAFTED AFTER PONDER!!!

MAKE SENSE ?

80. By soldier1986 on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

favre=pervert…..your a d bag. favre is not overated. he broke all of marino’s records the same age that marino retired. he has more records than people actually know or think. get a life. not many qbs can say after 20 years in the league they only had two losing seasons. and made playoffs on a yearly bases

81. By Canned Purple on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

I love how last year everyone wanted Leslie to replace Chilly. Now, everyone is barking about Leslie. Make up your mind, people! Face it, it isn’t the coach…..this entire franchise stinks to high heaven. We made a deal with the devil (Favre) and it has set this organization back a decade. Nice.

82. By Rocksalt on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Well, staring rookie Qbs has worked OK for the Ravens, Jets, and Tampa……
    Ponder was supposedly the most NFL ready QB in draft, so why not start him, bench Mcnabb and see waht happens? Maybe it would light a fire under Mcnabb too, if he had to go back in……..

83. By Rocksalt on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

need to play Ponderv to see what we have……………

84. By purplehaze on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

@ Dawn, stop being a b-ouch and go suck on a block of head cheese!!

The vikes are playing like a bunch of tools, we get that, and they need to shake it up now to salvage some semblance of a season..

Coaches get a clue if possible-the clock is ticking and she’s ready to explode, if it hasn’t already.

Drastic measures are in order, beginning with starting pondor..

85. By cranzau on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

http://coleranzau.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/vikings-struggle-in-kc/, read about tough Vikings loss, should they start someone else at QB? For all this and more check out the new Hometown Sports Blog

86. By sandiamond on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Not even a slight mention of Offense changes in the pressers. Looks like we will have to see McNabb start one more week guys….. this is conservative Minny and all eyes are on just 1 win right now.

87. By mrpwith2 on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

At the very least, Ponder and/or Webb should be getting more reps in practice this week, maybe it will make McNabb think a little more and light a fire under him.

88. By Digger on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

You seem pretty smart Mr aarow86. If you are so smart, you run the team! You remind me of someone who is always right, perfect, and never made a bad choice in your life. You must have life all figured out. Why would you trade AP? He is the franchise. Most Vikings fans would come unglued if they let him go. He would have better games if the right side of the line could block a little better. Vikings fans have complained for years that the team can’t seem to hold on to any of their good players, now they have AP locked up. Give him some blocking.

89. By 61vikings on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

I didn’t want to believe those who picked the Vikings to go last in the division, with an average record of 5-11 or 6-10, but they maybe right and I hate to admit it, but it maybe worse than that!! Let’s get some passion, some leadership to get this thing in the right direction!! We have built our team around a running back, while all the other teams are building around their QB’s because they realize that the NFL has become a passing league!! Don’t get me wrong, I like every Viking fan, loves AP but it’s time to start grooming our young QB now to see what he has to offer!! If you don’t see alot of good things the rest of the season from him, you may need to pull the trigger and go after Andrew Luck, which means you may need to make a trade, that may put you even a few more years behind!! However, I’m never one to tank the season because, “You play to win the game”!!!!

90. By Dennis on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Philly would have never let McNabb go if he wasn’t a problem. Washington would not have benched him and then let him go if he was not a problem. I see him throw consistently behind , over or under receivers. Even when he makes the throw, most times the receivers has to stop to catch the ball. Even on the underneath stuff where most teams get most of their first downs.
    Berrian does not run good routes and he will not put his pretty face in danger to make a catch.
    All you gigantic A.P. lovers, sure he’s a good running back…BUT, He has more negative carries than any featured back i have ever seen. He will not get you that steady 3,4 or 5 yards that you need. Most times he will get 3,2,0 or minus 1or 2 and he always leaves you in 3rd and long. He will break one or two long ones eventually but there is no consistency. That is all i ever see him do and in my opinion, those three issues is why our offense is pathetic.

91. By Troy on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Frazier Please!!!! I know your trying not to throw McNabb under the bus but its time to rebuild and move on. If your not trying to throw McNabb under the bus during your press conferences and you really believe he is the answer then you need to go!

HE’S AWFUL!

92. By radzinwisconsin on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Totally agree Canned Purple (Devil)

93. By Pharewynd on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

It’s time for Ponder to be given a chance. At least he can run with the ball. McNabb didnt even try to run for that 3rd down conversion yesterday. We need to have more than (2) WR’s at all times. Loadholdt needs to go on a diet so he can move a little faster. Berriam is useless to say the least. Get some guys out of the reserve pool who WANT to play all 60mins. and will give it their all. Gerhardt is not a good RB; he is too slow to do any damage to the opposing team. Somewhere we need to find someone who is decent in the secondary cause ours is getting torn up every week. GB will play all (5) of their receivers on us and it will be a massacre.

94. By Idahofan on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

I didn’t have much faith when they brought McNabb in and lost all hope when he missed an open Barrion for 6 which would have won the game (2 weeks ago). He threw to the outside when Barrion had a step on the defender. And I thought to myself this guy is supposed to be a veteran player, what kind of vet misses that bad! Lose McNabb if there are any hopes of reclaiming the seaon and keeping what team moral is left.

95. By wisconsinfan on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

the only way we are going to see ponder is if mcnabb gets hurt like last year with webb favre had to get hurt before he could play. So next week when we lose to arizona becasue mcnabb sucks and fitzgerald will run wild, are only hope is if mncabb gets creamed enough to get hurt like acl tear, torn bicep something that will put him on the bench for a yea. i know it sounds bad but thats what needs to happen

96. By sadman on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

95 comments all saying bench McNabb, Frasier what are you doing already, the season is a bust, play your first round pick already, or keep losing and just draft Andrew Luck, wasting last years pick. Either way McNabb needs not to be on the field.

97. By Redwing_Liger on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Hey Vikings fans, I realize this is becoming a very difficult season for you to stomach, but I would like to point out ONE GLARING FACT to all of you. Donovan McNabb DOES NOT PLAY DEFENSE!!! If all of you would open your eyes and look at the Vikings team realistically then I’m sure you will come to the realization that three times this year Donovan McNabb, Bill Musgrave, Adrian Peterson, and the rest of the Vikings offensive players built large leads on their opponents for three consecutive weeks AND THE DEFENSE couldn’t prevent their opponents from coming back and winning those games.

98. By Vikes_Life on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

It’s time to start Ponder no doubt about it. And the Vikings defense needs to stop playing like high schoolers especially in the 2nd half.

99. By DieHardViking on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

our senondary sucks! if the ball is coming towards the guy thier defending someneeds to go for the ball their just happy they stopped them from getting anymore yardage…..play Webb!!!

100. By ponderfan7 on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

guys are defense is great but what would u do if ur on the field for almost the whole second half cause mcnabb cant complete a pass and are coaches don’t run Peterson? its not the defense it the play calling put in ponder Leslie now or ur job is history

101. By vikings4seven on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

We need to make some serious roster moves next year. No current safety on this team should be here next year. Toby is worthless-needs to go. Wide recievers except percy gone. Draft new O-Line guys for ponder. henderson brothers-gone. When you look at this picture it is no wonder we suck. Leave donovan in all year. Make him earn his paycheck and then cut him. We also at this point need a good high draft pick. So donovan is our man.

102. By teamkillin on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

>Toby is worthless-needs to go. Wide recievers except percy gone. henderson brothers-gone.
    You’re a mad man. None of that would better our team in anyway.

103. By Old School on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

If I’m going to watch loses…..at least make it interesting for me (us)….and put Ponder in and at least we can watch to see what he has or doesn’t have and the coaches can figure that out too!

NOT WASTE MY (OUR) F$%^&^% TIME NEXT YEAR TOO!

PERIOD!

104. By Old School on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

NOT EVEN SAYING IT’S ALL McCHOKES FAULT………..

YOU DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THIS TEAM NOW AND IT’S FUTURE AND IF THAT MEANS SITTING A GUY WHO WILL NOT BE PART OF THE BIG PICTURE IN 3 YEARS…

THEN HE F^&*&^% SITS STARTING SAT.

105. By vikesfan10 on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

the thing about our defense is they keep us in the game, sure teams have made big plays and put up points in the second have but we havent lost by more then 7 points. Our defense does what it can to get our offense on the field. our offesne is our problem becasue when u go 3 and out over and over of course the other team will score i dont care who you have on defense if they are on the field 75% of the game the other team will score so if u want a better defesne try converting 3rd downs and scoring touchdowns. last but not least mcnabb cant hit anyone downfield. sure berrian sucks and should get cut but he wont, but if mcnabb is thrwoing over and out of bounds it doesnt matter who he throws to. bench mcnabb and if not stop waisting downs by having him try and hit berrian down field becasue they will NEVER connect. one more thing how about u try some mix up when running ap not the same stupid run play over and over

106. By Vikings4Ever on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I get the fact that Ponder may not be ready to start and the Vikings may want to excercise caution in his development. That being said, there are no excuses for not starting Webb. I say go with Webb and the Vikes may have a chance this week. If the O line can’t protect him at least he has the option to run. Just one more weapon for opposing defenses to be concerned with besides AP and Harvin.

107. By Richard on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

With an 0 and 4 start I think it’s clear that McNabb doesn’t bring the intensity neeeded to close games with a win. We’ve lost some close games but in this game wins matter and excuses don’t. Frazier seems to have plenty, his post game press conferences are like listening to a broken record! Mcjunk shows now real hunger or passion for victory at all. If we’re going to lose games at least let Ponder get some real time experience he’s hungry! Or Webb I was at the snow game last year in Philly when Webb lit the eagles up. Our problem is coaching changes never get made and the excuses keep coming. Our franchise shoiuld be COMPLETELY shamed! 09 one pass away from the superbowl!! Now I don’t even watch football on Sunday’s anymore. no espn or nfl network because my team has no heart. SICKENING

108. By ripteflon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

WTF THESE PURLPE PUSS**S IF THIS IS HOW THEY REP OUR STATE GET THE FU*K OUT AND GO 2 LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE AS THE FAN NEED 2 SHOW THE CHOKEKINGS WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS BS LETS START GETTING THIER GAMES BLACKEDOUT!!!!!!!!! MF THEM

109. By ripteflon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

BLACKOUT GAMES

110. By ripteflon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

DONT SPEND MONEY AT THIER STORE DONT BUY ANYTHING CHOKEKING THEY DONT DESERVE OUR SUPPORT

111. By ripteflon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

FIRE FRAZIER WE NEDD A REAL COACH STOP GIVING THESE ROOKIE AS* COACHES SO MUCH POWER!!!!!!!AND ZIGGY WILF SHOULD BE BLACKLISTED FROM EVER OWNING ANOTHER TEAM THIS TALABAN AS* FA*G

112. By ripteflon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

SHASTA MCNASTY——–BOOOOO BERRIAN———-ASHEY ALLEN COUPLE OF REASONS WE ARE O-4

113. By ripteflon on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

BLACKOUT GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

114. By hicohornet on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

Blacks look out for blacks. They do. That’s not a racist comment at all. I see it in person all the time. A black man is not going to start a white man over a black quarterback. If a coach was white then Ponder would have been a starter by now with McNabbs poor play. Why didn’t he get Matt from Seattle instead? Why didn’t we get Kerry Collins are any other seasoned veteran?

115. By mikebrown on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

you know what the opposing D-LINES are saying to each other as the approach the line of scrimmage..”common boys lets bring the heat, this QB cant hit a target even if it was two feet away from it”

116. By mikebrown on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

@ hicohornet
    please keep this room clean, dont get racist, even if you may not try to say offensive things, they do get recieved in an offesive manner

117. By Billy on Oct 5, 2011 | Reply

Is the game going to be blacked out? I bet if Webb or Ponder were starting and a bunch of the other young players the people would come to see. This broken record being played over and over is getting really old. The sooner we get Webb or Ponder started the sooner they will be better along with the other players.
    They have these players that they say have a lot of talent but they are on the sideline. Just maybe have emerson Griffin in alll the time. Also but Tobby in as a slot reciever and let harvin go deep some times(BB) out. Then take webb and let him line up as a reciever if your not going to use him. How masny teams don’t put there most talent player on the field except the Viks?

118. By Blessing on Feb 8, 2012 | Reply

This is good. That means at least 12-4 for the Vikings, based on your pvroieus predictions. SKOL Vikings.

119. By brbdnvib on Feb 9, 2012 | Reply