Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 24, 2011 – 10:37 am

There are so many good things to say about Adrian Peterson the football player. There are just as many good things to say about Adrian Peterson the person. I tell people all the time that Peterson is the best at being a superstar that I’ve ever seen. No one signs more autographs than Peterson, and he always does it with a smile. He never seems bothered by the attention or the demands of his time that the attention brings.

The latest example of Peterson’s tremendous and positive impact on others is his work with Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore to launch “Football For Good,” a campaign designed to create widespread awareness and raise funds for community programs for at-risk youth and to fight human trafficking of minors. Peterson and the team of Kutcher and Moore will combine each of their foundations – Peterson’s “All Day Foundation” and Kutcher and Moore’s DNA Foundation – to lead the effort.

Peterson is jumpstarting the fundraising with a personal commitment to donate $5,000 for every touchdown he scores this season. Kutcher/Moore will match that donation and other NFL players have committed various dollar amount donations for every touchdown they score.

“We have to make a huge effort for these at-risk kids. Not only to protect them and build self-esteem, but also to stop the demand side of the sex-trafficking business,” said Peterson. “I worked with Ashton and Demi on their ‘Real Men’ campaign and was inspired by their commitment to the issue of sex-trafficking. It’s a hard issue to talk about, but the fact is – hundreds of thousands of American kids are at-risk of being trafficked. We have to put an end to that. If I can help in any way, I’m game. I encourage my fans to do the same at crowdrise.com/football.”

“Adrian has a huge heart and we’re grateful for his willingness to support programs for at-risk youth and also shine a light on child sex trafficking,” said Ashton Kutcher. “Imagine if we all came together – the football fans, the players and sponsors – the impact we could have on the lives of kids. I can’t wait to see who steps up to the plate to join us at crowdrise.com/football.”

How Fans Participate/Win Prizes:
• Visit fundraising website Crowdrise –www.crowdrise.com/football to donate, track progress and win prizes.
• Text ADRIAN to 20222, to donate $10.00 and receive a special message from Adrian.

Fans who donate via crowdrise.com/football are eligible for weekly/monthly prizes that include Adrian Peterson signed footballs and jerseys, an all expense paid trip to a Minnesota Vikings game, and a meet and greet with Adrian, and more. For details about prizes and deadlines, go to www.crowdrise.com/football and stay tuned throughout the season for new prizes to be announced.

About All Day:
The All Day Foundation works to inspire hope, enrich children’s lives, and build a brighter future for our nation’s kids by supporting community-based youth enrichment programs. Learn more at www.alldayfoundation.org

About The DNA Foundation:
The Demi and Ashton Foundation works to end child sex slavery worldwide by creating and supporting innovative programs that address the root causes of child sex trafficking. Learn more at www.dnafoundation.org.

Tags:

129 Responses to “Adrian Peterson Teams With Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore To Fight Human Trafficking”

1. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

I’m glad Adrian is fighting human trafficking.

2. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Adrian’s next move SHOULD be to request that his
    Defensive Line teammates get their hands up when
    rushing the QB.

3. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

To answer an earlier question:

I’m frustrated with the lack of concern by bloggers over the “sack mentality” of the MN Vikings. We like to rush the passer, that’s okay. It should not be at the expense of h a r r a s s i n g the QB by getting our hands
    IN THE PASSING LANES ! ! ! :( :(

4. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

tHe vIKiNGs WILL NOT BEAT THE LIONS WITH THE

“ME FIRST” ATTITUDE OF THE DEFENSIVE LINEMEN, WHO ONLY SEEM
    INTERESTED IN SACKS.

THE VIKINGS “MUST” “MUST” GET THEIR HANDS IN THE P A S S I N G
    LANES WHEN RUSHING THE QUARTERBACK ! ! !

5. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

No one seems to want to join me in what seems to be an obvious
    mistake by the MN Vikings. AND IT’S EASILY CORRECTED ! ! ! ???

Am I wrong ! ! !
    :( :( :( :(

6. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Jared Allen did put his hands up at least twice AFTER the 15 yard roughing penalty on him.

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

DO IT THE ENTIRE BALL GAME !

7. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

I have written what seems like 100 posts on this, and no one responds negatively or positively.

Am I the only one who sees this glaring mistake????????????

????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????

8. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

No one needs to join you, Fred. It seems you have the campaign to instill “Operation Hands Up” fully covered with posts on it every blog.

9. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

SEE– isn’t that serendipity? Fred, you and I posted the above two comments simultaneously. You answered your own question.

10. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

I’ts nice to see Ashton Cushner will have something productive to do because 2-and-a Half Men is going to tank without Sheen.

11. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Fred … I sometimes see a blogger with a good thought and say nothing because I figure you got it, Ive been working on this Bernard Berrian problem for 2 years and havent got a resolution yet :)

Fred … You have successfully recruited many to join you on the OL bandwagon, yet the problem hasnt been resolved yet. You maybe on too something but I dont see it as the weakest link yet and I try to stay focused on the weakest link or 2 or 3 … Im still screaming Berrian and have joined your OL rants ….

its just too bad nobody listens … I will stay focused on BB and the OL and if AA makes another bad play I will be all over him as well

12. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Yet I may have used the word ” yet ” too many times in my previous post. Yet I chose to make another post yet again about my overuse of “yet” . I am not yet ready to stop yet :)

13. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

BTW Demi Moore …. still hot !!! It had to be said.

14. By Mike B on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Hey Fred no criticizing the team till Monday it’s time to Go Vikings Win.

15. By Mike B on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

oops Sunday during/after the game till then Barrooohh

16. By Rocksalt on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

kinda light in the football news if we’re talkin Ashton Kutcher, dontcha think?

17. By Rocksalt on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

agreed ,Shawn, Demi Moore……. Hot……..

18. By Mike B on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Some taking a break from all the talk till the game It’s nice to know that someone is looking out for those unfortunate who can’t look out for themselves. Human Trafficking is a tragedy.

19. By M.exicans V.ikings on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

M.c.F.A.G.G.1

20. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Vikings by two TDs.

21. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Well, now we know that they have at least one computer in Mexico.

22. By carlton coleman on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

yes i’m a die hard vikings fan i’m not blaming all on him ,but jared allen need to go back to he’s kansas city days when he was a wild man i just think hes got to hollywood

23. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

In 24 hours we will be in the second half and we should know our destiny for the year. Tomorrow’s game is the season — I don’t care what anyone says and I am always one to hope till the end, but this game is pivotal on so many levels.

24. By Dennis on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

AP should partner up with the Minnesota Vikings and figure out how to maybe win a game.

25. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Nova, where did all these non-viking fans come from?

26. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

They won’t be around long, Titus. They have to burrow deep into their swamps before the ground freezes.

27. By Dennis on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

I have an idea how to beat Detroit on Sunday. Run AP for three yards on first down, minus 1 yard on second down, throw incomplete to Harvin on third down, punt, make them fumble the punt, recover it and run it in for a touchdown. That way you don’t have to rely on McNabb, or the lousy offense. If you do that every series and the defense just gets one stop in the game…WE WIN!!! LETS DO THAT!!!

28. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

If it’s Mexico, again,no worries, they will be killed by drug dealers.

29. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Wow, get off our site if you are not a Vikings fan.

30. By DRS on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

31. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

The offense actually looked pretty decent through three quarters last week.

32. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@Dennis … good point , we have a charity case in MN called the Vikings

33. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@Dennis … my previous post was referring to your first post . Your Second post I am not in agreemnet with …. Had you said Berrian instead of Harvin you might of had me

34. By DRS on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

The Ramsey County deal envisions a $407 million contribution from the Vikings, $300 million from the state and $350 million from the county raised through a half-cent increase on the county sales tax.

At his news conference Thursday, Dayton said the end deal for the stadium is not yet clear. “I can’t ask people to support a deal when I can’t say specifically what it is,” he said.

“Some questions have been answered. Many have not. But I think a lot of it will be in clear focus on Oct. 15,” he said, when the Met Council and Stadium Commission report on the Arden Hills site is slated to come out.
    Until then, he said, the stadium matter is essentially on hold.

35. By DRS on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Fourteen games to go before the move, to where, that is the question, this game will tell if the Vikings are men or mice, what the season will be, great or another bust.

36. By DRS on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

We will see, tell to-marr-row one and all.

37. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

What is up with Dayton? Looks like the plan is very concrete– some tweaking, but minor for sure. He does not want it. He is concerned about reelection and much of his constituency base is ideologically opposed to spending, unless it is on social programs. Mark my words.

38. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Or it is more likely Dayton is a Blue sheep grazing on Red soil. So politically he has to maintain a certain hold to Red insanologies err stupidologies err idiotologies …. sheesh 1 more try, ideologies …. that was tough

39. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

No Shawn, not likely at all.

40. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

:) well titus b4 we turn this ugly we will have to agree to disagree :)

41. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

I only wish our red and blue leaders could negotiate and compromise. 1/2 the country wants one thing and 1/2 the country wants the oposite …. I am not picking sides in this post but I would be happier and less hostile if both sides just acted professional and negotiated

42. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Both sides should walk awat from negotiations saying we didnt get everything we wanted but its a fair deal … just the same as the NFL and the NFLPA did

When one sides leader walks away from a negotiation saying i got 90% of what I wanted which is what Boehner said after the last time Obama caved in … something tells me that both puppets are controlled by the same person

43. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

maybe we could create a new party 1/2 donkey and 1/2 elephant stomping on tea cups

44. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

but untill that happens I will choose to speak for the lesser of 2 evils … and be a jacka**

45. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Frederick please change your blog name to: HANDSupFRED!
    2.5 men is no longer on my radar Nova
    It’s raining in Vegas and the Vikings always win when it rains in Vegas… It rained a lot in 2009 and not much at all in 2010…
    Tomorrow the kitties will lay down and take a nap!!!!

46. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

The decline of pirates is responsible for global warming.
    PURPLE RAIN PURPLE REIGN!!!

47. By Justin F on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

T-minus 15 hours before the decimation of the Vikings. Anyone ready?

48. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Is it too early to start drinking?

49. By M.exico V.ikings on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Are jerseys look the pats uni’s nice!!!!! i love are style vikelife baby!

50. By M.exico V.ikings on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

i meant are jerseys look like the the pats jerseys we should be strong we need t.o!

51. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

No entiendo lo que dice.

52. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

Thanks for conferring on the “Hands Up” issue.

Like you I consider this a “MUST” win for the Vikings because winning
    13 straight doesn’t seem to be realistic after 3 straight losses.

53. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

I am now in your corner on Bernard Berrian, although like you I do not see him as the only problem.

If BB is going to be a starting receiver, he MUST start producing like one.

54. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Our defensive halfbacks must quit immitating Johnny “Burn Me Deep” Turner of the 1980s Vikings.

Put Marcus Sherels on the field ! ! !

55. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Mexico you meant “OUR” jerseys..

56. By tarvaris tarkenton on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Joe Webb is clearly one of the top 3 or 4 athletes on the team… it makes no sense to waste him on the bench… they gotta get the ball in his hands at least 5 to 7 times a game… as bad as the secondary is, maybe they should let him play safety… he seems like he’d have great range and instincts back there… he’s gotta be better than pitiful Tyrell Johnson…

#teamWebb&Ponder

57. By TheRealDon on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

We need a deep threat point blank..we need to get the tight ends more involved..and we need to cut BB..

58. By tarvaris tarkenton on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

does anyone know why the Vikings parted ways so unceremoniously with the great great Chuck Foreman?… it sickens me to see people wearing his number… how is his jersey not retired with Tarkenton’s and Krause and Page?… makes no sense at all..

#team44

reggie, chuck, hank … pick one … any one

59. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

They lose tomorrow, they will likely be winless or at best 2-6 at the Bye. Yes, I said it.

I am believing a big game for the Vikes. Total domination of the Lions. I am wavering about Berrian too– he needs to do something or be replaced.

60. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

He got his “our”s mixed up Nova..
    Our
    Are
    ARRRRR (warm pirates)

61. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Foreman was in the owner’s box last week when A.P. broke his TD record, so maybe things are getting better.

62. By tarvaris tarkenton on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Vikings have receivers… McFlabb just cant get the ball to them in a timely fashion… he STAYS missing open receivers…last week he missed Shiancoe on a TD pass, threw it at the grass in front of him… missed Aromashadu wildly on a big 3rd down pass… i never liked McScabb in crunchtime… he’s the original Tony Romo…

Tarvaris Jackson coulda did better than this, easily..

63. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

T Tark I like your thinking, why not?

64. By Carl K on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

I am very suprised to see the Thiesman NFL network video posted on this website. Mike Wobby – I hope that wasn’t your call. If I were the Wilfs, Spielman or Frazier I would pull that video and fire whoever posted it. Whoever posted it has some b@lls… but then agian what are the odds of Frazier or Spielman looking at this site?

McNabb has completed 55% of his attemps for a pedestrian 5.9 yrd avg. and a 71 rating. Many have said he is not the problem… I don’t care if he is or isn’t the problem. I am more concerned with the question, is he the answer or the future? I will know answer after the Lion’s come to visit on Sunday.

I know Frazier has said this is NOT a must win game. IMO, this is a crossroads games for McNabb and Frazier. This could be the biggest win of Frazier head coaching career. It could take him to 4-5 and it will keep “legitimate” post season hopes alive. A loss will surely put us in a hole “maybe” too deep to climb out.

This may NOT be a must win… but it is a big game! Good Luck Vikes!

65. By TheRealDon on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

If we lose this game..the way the lions and packers have been playing.are season is over..

66. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

This is definitely a must-win. We will not be in the playoff hunt after dropping 2 at home and being 3 back in our division. Too many good NFC teams to think wildcard.

67. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@ TheRealDon……is the fake Don “sleeping with the fishes” yet?

68. By Viking Joe on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Chuck Foreman was traded prior to the 1980 season to the New England Patriots and retired after the season was over. Personally I believe he is the second best RB in Vikings history, after AP, no offense Robert Smith, Ted Brown or Rickey Young.

69. By Viking Joe on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

The Packers defense is terrible, they gave up over 800 passing yards combined in their 2 wins, Ihope Chicago dismantles the cheese men. Packers offense is great, but the defense leaves alot to be desired, they will not even be in the Super Bowl this year.
    Vikings 24 Lions 20 F SKOL VIKINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70. By Carl K on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

VikingJoe- what about Darrin Nelson?

71. By Viking Joe on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

I forgot a few, I could never see him, he kept getting lost among the trees !!! Ifigured somone would say Bill Brown or Herschel Walker.

72. By TheRealDon on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

NovaScotiaVike..well you haven’t seen i post from him lately have you lol..

73. By TheRealDon on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

*A post

74. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

How can “are” be confused with “our”?

75. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

That’ll teach him !!!!!

76. By tarvaris tarkenton on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

along with Gayle Sayers, Chuck Foreman was the most stylish great running back in NFL history… other than Barry Sanders, and maybe Marcus Allen, there’s never been anyone like him since he retired… if he didnt have so much wear and tear on him from his prime years he probably would have had a longer and more decorated career… he CARRIED Fran Tarkenton… in both the running and passing game…

77. By TheRealDon on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

So what do you guys think the keys to winning this game will be..

78. By tarvaris tarkenton on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Darrin Nelson cost the Vikings a chance to go to the Super Bowl when he dropped that pass in that strike season playoff game against the Redskins… i never liked him…

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

One Key would be to tell Berrian to “go deep until you get to Vermont”.

80. By tarvaris tarkenton on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

if the Vikings dont score 30+ points, they will lose… either Peterson is gonna have to get 200 yds and 3 TDs, or McCrabb is gonna have to throw for 300 and 3 TDs… might even need a kick return or a defensive TD…

81. By TheRealDon on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Yea BB has to go..and i really feel if we never give up and the 2nd half like we have been doing we could be a very solid team..we still need more out of mcnabb..do we even have a wr td yet..

82. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

I think Jenkins has one, TRD.

83. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@real don,
    Play four quarters and shut down their receivers. Simple formula

84. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Titus … Are WRs our pretty good excpt fur Berrian :)

85. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

We can do the former, Vegas, I’m not sure about the latter.

86. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, are wide receivers arnt near as good as detritus. Every won no’s that!

87. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Shawn………No entiendo lo que dice.

88. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Nova, he asked!

89. By TheRealDon on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

i like Jenkins..and yes with solid 4 quarter play we can easily be a solid football team..we play better then the 09 season firtt half then come out and just hand the game over..

90. By TheRealDon on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

91. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Funny story……Quebec City is notorious for being rude to English-speaking tourists..(unlike Montreal). Every time I’ve gone there and been given the old ” I am sorry..I don’t speak ze English”, even though they do, I have a standard reply……Je m’apelle la soiree du poulet….literally “my name is the night of the chicken”. You want to see the looks I get.

92. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Nova … je nu parle pas francais

93. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Vegas … you’s write know foolin bout dat

94. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Cul-de-sac.

95. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Soup du jour……OK, enough showing off !!!!

96. By xmasboy on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Vikings by 21!

97. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Nova that’s right up there with messing with cheese headers

98. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

We HAVE TO WIN tomorrow. I don’t care what Frazier says about this not being a must-win, he has to say that, just to keep the pressure off the team. In reality, I don’t think the Bears can stay with the “le fromage-heads”. If the unthinkable happens we will be 3 games out, chasing 2 teams. Our season will be toast (pain grille)…….I can’t help myself.

99. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

And you all owe me $79.95 for the French lessons….Vegas, just give the check to one of the girls.

100. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

But if you call within the next 20 minutes….I’ll DOUBLE THE OFFER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

101. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Ce la meme chose a Paris, Nova, mais quand ils savent que vous les comprenez, ils sont tres gentile.

102. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

I sent the girls Nova, did you not get them. I guess I should have used Fed-X… Got the lobster, it was great thank you.

103. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

ils doivent avoir été là maintenant, je vais les suivre.

104. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@ Fred Jones, I am not following what you are talking about with the ‘hands up’ campaign. You make it sound as tho the DL’s need to have their arms and hands up in the air at the split second of snap which would def slow the push/ pass rush. Please provide some examples from other teams after tomorrow’s games

105. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Is anybody watching Alabama play this year? This team is loaded with nfl prospects. It’s too early to talk about individual players for next year’s draft but I hope our scouts are starting to do their homework

106. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Not blaming Wobbie but I think the Det fans are here because they saw “Lions” subject in several blogs from the homepage

107. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

More simple deduction, Watson. The Lions fans know they play us- they can read their own website and see that! And then they want to see what we are saying. Wobble has nothing to do with this one- he is innocent.

108. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

No big deal just odd seeing opposing fans here for the first time this year. any idea for the game tomorrow besides slipstream? frontrow went down

109. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

PANTS ON THE GROUND!!! HANDS IN THE AIR!! HATS TO THE SIDE, PANTS ON THE GROUND!!
    Nova- I can get Rosetta Stone cheaper!!!
    Go Vikes

110. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Cool! signed up at crowdrise and got a free tee-shirt, then donated at /football for good. You get your name on the homepage if you wish. I challenge all bloggers here to make a donation!

111. By Saddy on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

As the week has progressed and all the negativity on Vikings from me, I kinda feel Vikings are going to win but close though.

Mcnabb has to stop hating the turf and start throwing at wide open Shiancoe and WR’s except Berrian as NFL Network exposed this week, I think Vikings are going to win 24 – 17. Berrian I hope you are hurt the 1st play.

I am from TN I hate Titans, so I am all set with some beer and some spicy Indian chicken. It’s going to be a good Sunday with Vikings beating lions and Bears beating GB.

112. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Win a Trip to the Vikings Game, Game Tickets & a Meet & Greet with Adrian Peterson

Contest ends October 13, 2011 at 11:59pm eastern time

113. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@sandiamond,

When a defensive lineman or linebacker rushes the QB, he will of
    course look to sack him. Often he can see that the QB is ready to pass,
    and the DL or LB is not going to be able to sack him.

It is at that moment that the defensive lineman can do the TEAM a favor
    by getting his hands up to distract the QB, or knock the ball down.

Do you understand what I mean now?

114. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@Nova,

The Vikings must win this one. I might be grabbing at straws a little with hands up bit. But if they can’t pressure the passer, we cannot win.

Be positive…

We will put pressure on the quarterback, even if it means getting our hands in the passing lanes ! ! !
    :( :( :( :(

115. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Yes sir! I understand and will watch for that tomorrow viewing other teams

116. By Viking-ology on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

St. Elmos Fire

117. By Woodboat on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

Keys to winning the game? Well, all Stafford has to do is hit CJ early and often and watch him stroll in for TDs. On defense, all they have to do is have Suh eat McNabb…. viola (that’s French for… well, for… just-like-that?)… you have yourself a victory….

Oh, you wanted to know how the VIKINGS can win this game… hmmm….. err….

I’ve done the math, and the odds of them winning this game are akin to my odds of winning the New York state lottery…. and I’ve never been to New York. Vikes will come out strong in the first half (I’m really going out on a limb here….), and then fold like a cheap tent after halftime and lose by 10+.

If this isn’t a must win, then I don’t have much faith in Fraziers ability to lead this squad. I guess as long as you aren’t mathematically eliminated, no game is a must win. I wonder if the Wilfs are starting to eye their phones, thinking of Cowher or some such….

118. By Woodboat on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

Oh, just to stay on Wobs point, I think its great and sad that AP and the crew are working on the child sex trafficing problem. Here’s how you can help… commit violent bodily harm on anyone you catch raping children. Usually I’m a proponent of education… on this issue, I’m in favor of eradication…. of the offenders.

119. By Matthias on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

We just need a mob surrounding the stadium with torches and pitchforks… This should motivate them to play through the entire game…

120. By sandiamond on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

@ Carl K… well somebody saw the Thiesman NFL network video and agreed. Poooof it is gone

121. By Rocksalt on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    It is not Dayton who is holding this deal up……..try the repugnantcant legislators

122. By ozzinator on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt- once again, you’re wrong!

123. By Rocksalt on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

“….Donovan McNabb, looks uncomfortable in the pocket and unable to throw the ball downfield. His offensive coordinator, Bill Musgrave, seems to be playing drunken checkers while the rest of the league plays speed chess.

Harvin, the Vikings’ best big-play threat, spends more time on the sideline than Joe Mauer. Bernard Berrian, the Vikings’ lone deep threat and a Frazier pet project, is giving new meaning to the term “fade route.”

Jim Souhan, Mpls Star Tribune

124. By Carl K on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

@sandiamond- You can still see Thiesman rip on McNabb under the featured videos section.

I am not saying that Thiesman is wrong.
    It just seems very odd for the Vikings to post a video like that when Wobby and Frazier have been telling us that McNabb is not the problem and he gives us our best chance to win.

Maybe the Vikings are ready to move in a new direction? Maybe this is McNabb’s last shot to get’r done?

@Frederick- I will have my hands up all game just for you! FYI, Jared Allen has 26 career p@ss deflections. He knows how to get his hands up.

Frederick, you make a valid point, but coaches do harp on the DL to get their hands up and disrupt the p@ssing lanes all the time. It is just easier said than done at the NFL level.

125. By Rayman James on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

This is the absolute greatest story I have read about a football player. Not only is it great he is helping to fight human trafficking but he is helping to bring the issue to light. Many people still dont know what a problem this is around the world. And that there are actually more people sold as slaves now then there were before the Civil War. My respect for A.P has increased a lot as well as for Demi and Ashton.

126. By Shawn on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

@Carl K … Your thoughts on the NFL Networks analysis on McNabb are literally insane. Mike Wobs gave us unbiased information which shows his growth as a writer … at least from what Ive learned about writing from Parody and Titus ….

Holding back the truth is something Dictatorships do … kind of like that dictatorship that told us Pat Tillman died saving his squad

127. By PuRpLe 'n GoLd on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

My neighbor is related to Marcus Sherels through marriage! Pretty funny

128. By VegasVike on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

NFL Network said today is judgement day for McN

129. By George on Sep 26, 2011 | Reply

im tired with this 3 games winning at the halftime and they lose it at the end pf te game it´s frustrating Minnesota have team to be in playoff i cant understand if the lose with kasnas will be a ……