Vikings Won’t Overlook WR Burleson, DT Williams

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 23, 2011 – 12:22 pm

Detroit Lions WR Calvin Johnson and DT Ndamukong Suh are arguably the best players at their respective positions in the NFL. Johnson has more TD receptions (33) than any other WR since he entered the League and Suh was a consensus choice for defensive rookie of the year honors after last season.

So the Vikings will certainly focus much of their attention on those two players this Sunday when the Lions challenge at Mall of America Field. But Detroit has several other talented players in the fold as well, and it’s clear the Vikings won’t be overlooking them.

One such player is WR Nate Burleson, a former Viking who is known for his intelligence and quicker-than-fast, sure-handed skill set. Burleson was a 3rd-round pick of the Vikings in 2003, was signed by the Seattle Seahawks in 2006 and then returned to the NFC North with the Lions in 2010. He jumped right into the swing of things last year by grabbing 55 receptions and scoring 6 TDs, and this year he leads the Lions in receptions with 12 and looks to be a serious threat from the slot.

To give you an idea of the kind of player he is, Burleson recently compared his style of play to that of New England’s Wes Welker. While comparing oneself to Welker is lofty, Burleson has looked the part at times in his career and Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier didn’t deny that he’s someone for which the defense needs to account.

“You can’t ignore him,” Frazier said after practice on Friday. “He’s making a lot of plays for their offense on reverses, underneath routes, a lot of yards after the catch. He’s really helped make their offense a complete offense. He’s not getting some of the headlines of course that Calvin will get, but he’s really become a major factor in their pass offense.”

The other player to watch is DT Corey Williams, a player with whom the Vikings are quite familiar. Williams began his career with the Green Bay Packers and after 4 seasons there played for the Cleveland Browns. The Browns traded him to Detroit in 2010 and, much like Burleson, it didn’t take Williams long to become a factor on the team. Williams played and started in 16 games in 2010, and along the way he recorded 4 passes defensed, 2.0 sacks and an INT.

At 6-4, 320 pounds, Williams has the bulk to stuff the run. But he’s also athletic enough to chase the passer. The Vikings saw that athleticism last year because Williams INT came against the Vikings. It should also be noted that Williams’ impact on Detroit’s defense is not always seen in the box score; he’s much like Kevin Williams for the Vikings defense in that way. Williams is huge for the Lions defense because he can command attention from multiple blockers, and if he gets a one-on-one matchup he can ruin plays and change games.

Yes, Calvin Johnson and Ndamukong Suh are the best players on Detroit’s team. But don’t sleep on Burleson and Williams, either. The Vikings won’t be.

Tags:

110 Responses to “Vikings Won’t Overlook WR Burleson, DT Williams”

1. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Hard to believe Romo’s punctured lung is completely healed, according to Dallas team doctors.

2. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

How can a PUNCTURED LUNG heal in 4 days??????????????????

3. By Shawn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I want to start by responding to Daniel from the previous blog but it was getting to packed …

I like Coach Pagacs presser … he has an old school mans man approch and its refreshing to hear his honesty , I would say some of his ums and ahs are a result of carefully wording the truth without dropping a name

Pagac seems to be the most straight forward honest coach we have and I like him

4. By Mike B on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

@Mike W good post. Nate Burleson is a great 2nd WR he can catch the ball well and make some moves to get into the endzone. They have a great one two punch with the lions. I would put them in same calibre as Moss Carter Team was. That Detroit DL is getting very tough. The OL better be ready for a tough game. That said they are young and vets find ways to beat younger players. Let’s hope that is the case on Sunday.

5. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Maybe the Cowboy’s doctors have made him sniff glue since Sunday.

6. By Mike B on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Nova they put tape around it and self inflated.

7. By Mike B on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Almost have to play Romo don’t they or are they going to pad up Ole Wade Wilson or Jason Garrett and see if they could last the game.

8. By Vikings4Life on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

26-21 lions, hate to say it but the lions offense and defense is just too much for the vikings 0-3 no playoff hopes this year.

9. By Shawn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

It would be nice to see our organization pull in some of our old players to coach … Wade Wilson , Keith Millard, Jack Del Rioand I think there are acouple more

I like the fact Henry Thomas was volunteering for us and hope we have room for him before another team gets him

Other former players we should call are Cris Carter , Rich Gannon, Zimmerman or McDaniel weve had many players that would love to coach …. Im guessing

10. By tru-speed on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

@vikings4life an you call your self a fan!!!!! ha I Think not

11. By Shawn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

we could use a personality like john randle on the sideline

12. By tru-speed on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

vikings Win 35-17 mark my words

13. By tru-speed on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

yes john randle would be great on are sideline

14. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Too many heads confuse the body.

15. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Aaron Rodgers stated on the NFL Network that Clay Matthews Jr. now only associates with “A-list”. people, movie stars, “celebrities” and the like. I knew he was a d1ck.

16. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I meant Matthews, but you can throw Rodgers in there as well.

17. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

While we’re at it, throw the whole cheese-eating team in.

18. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Thank you Nova– that is good to know. Packers will not win more than 11 games this year, tops.

19. By New Vike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I reside in the land of the cheese. I find it funny that Karen Rodgers said Mark Sanchez’s spread in GQ was “embarassing” because Karen says he likes his privacy and doesnt like off the field endevurs. Yet he is on every other commercial here and its sickening! Also just to add a co-worker of mine’s son was fresh off the jet from Iraq(in his fatigues) and ran into Karen Rodgers in the airport and asked him if he would autograph something or take a picture with him and he wouldnt do it for less than $100.

20. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

HUH? Syntax gone wild.

21. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I would have offered him $100 to perform a certain act on me………

22. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I take that back……he might have accepted !

23. By Parody on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

LOL – Dämn Nova, you’re on fire! Keep it up. If I can’t see my team win, at least I can enjoy your stand-up routine!

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Parody, let’s hope for both !

25. By New Vike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I woulda clubbed him with a pillow case full of bars of soap!

26. By Lynn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

This not preseason Guys!!!!!! Lets try and win!!!!

27. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

No, let’s not try to win. Let’s win. Trying equals mediocrity. STOP THIS MN MEDIOCRITY!!!

28. By Chris Shields on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Lions 41 Vikings 17

29. By Arrow86 on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Suh is a beast, and Fairley will be right in step with him soon. I do feel, our O will gain the 4 quarter consistency necessary to be successful.

30. By RR on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I like the Vikings but the Lions will win by a huge margin
    final score: Lions 38 Vikings 17

31. By Mike R. on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Bring in Joey Browner as cornerback-safety coach !!!

I need to believe that whatever team the Vikings play,they will win (I know,wishful thinking some weekends). Vikings 27-21. Lions have chance at end of game to win but don’t.

32. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I believe the veterans, esp AP and Allen will have huge games this Sunday. Vikings by two TDs.

33. By Viking Joe on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

No way would I compare Detroit’s top 2 WR’s with the Moss and Carter tandem, who are arguably potential hall of famers !!!!!
    Vikings 24 Lions 20 F SKOL VIKINGS !!!!!

34. By dmac32 on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

We WILL win this game. We should be able to put together a complete game. I see us at 5-3 at the bye, with the third loss being either Chicago or CB.

35. By dmac32 on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I meant GB.

36. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I had a set of customers come in today that are from Wisconsin.. I started my conversation with “so is that Brett Favre still your QB?” One of the ladies started in on me educating me about how horrible Favre is and so on. Then I acted confused and asked her “aren’t the Vikings from Wisconsin?” well you can about imagine how that went! I acted stupid for about 10 minutes yanking their chains, it was awesome. I’ve got a new hobby!!

37. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

You know how packer fans are, they took the hook hard. Being in Vegas we get lots of tourist traffic so I’m gonna enjoy this!

38. By Shawn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

lol vegas

39. By Mike B on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

@Vikiing Joe You will have to admit toward the end of Chris Carters career he was more of a possession reciever. I am not saying Nate Burleson is as good as CC in his career, but adds that possesion receiver anywhere he is on the field. Calvin Johnson does have the potential to be as good or better than Randy Moss though. Just being honest. It makes this pair of WRs very dangerous on the field. We had Nate on our team and he was showing great promise until Seattle got him away from us after the Hutch deal.

40. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha ha– I can imagine how annoyed they were – but you better be careful Vegas, you might end up cow-tipping, and someone gets really angry.

41. By Shawn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

solid presser by Frazier … maybe he was so irked or frusterated or depressed after the last loss he wasnt in the mood to answer questions

42. By Shawn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B … i agree Calvin Johnson has the potential to be better than Moss

Johnson is more level headed possibly a more stable upbringing

43. By Shawn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

most peoples problems can be traced to childhood issues ….

44. By Shawn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

and it would be so nice to have had Burleson the last 2 years

45. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Ya good thing we got Pro Bowl caliber corners, should go well

46. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I will continue to blog my adventures, it’s pretty good stuff. I work with a guy from St. Cloud and he was rolling on the floor.

47. By drew on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

No one has faith in our American team,. If we going to beat anybody, our offensive line must do better. Our defense must make the other team 3 and out. Don’t give up the big yardard on the passing game. I love my team, but we suck at corners.

48. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Aren’t the Vikings in Milwaukee?

49. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I saw the metrodome on the news, downtown Milwaukee.

50. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Exactly Titus, it was epic

51. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

How about this one: Too bad after twenty years with the Vikings, Favre had to retire.

52. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I’ll let you know how that goes!! I’m always looking for new material.

53. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

The best part was when I told them I’m originally from Minnesota and a Viking fan. Then they felt like fools. I actually got one of the wives to agree Favre was good for them. They’re such a pompous bunch

54. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Lions have not won in the dome since 1997? Is that true?

55. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

That’s true Titus and they have NEVER been favored in the dome.

56. By Mark on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Thats classic vegas…love it

57. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Thank you Mark, this should be fun.

58. By Viking Joe on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Burleson is a decent reciever, but with Johnson, the sky is the limit, he has tons of potential. I remember Burleson returning punts for the Vikings, back when, heck i’d rather have him than stone hands, BB. I liked BB, but now he just seems like he is just dead weight.

59. By Viking Joe on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Detroit favored by 3.5 points, that’s a slap in theface, play 60 and see what happens, Vikings 24 Lions 20 F SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

The Lions are no longer the kitties and will need to be respected. I remember when the Patriots su Ck’d, things change

61. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I can tell you this– the Vikes will play like they did against Philly last year. Expect our d with Williams back, Allen completely fed up with losing, hard hitting Winfield to cause havoc on Detroit and Stafford scurrying for his life. Adrian will run for 150 yards and Toby will add another 50 to it. McNabb will be a little better, and overall, the Lions get a reality check– they lose by two TDs.

62. By sandiamond on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Yep Lions are in for a reality check with our hungry team. Nothing will change with that record back to 1997

63. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

SKOL Titus!!

64. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

AND I don’t want to see one fan sitting with a sour face in the end zone, with this pout like babies– scream and shout till you can’t talk. Even when the game is close– especially when the game is close! It seems, and I watch by TV, that if the opposition creeps back into it, our fans become complacent– the whole spirit in this Midwestern village is one of mediocrity and we can only win if we have a huge comfort zone of a margin. Eye of the Tiger! Close or behind in score, you play with absolute knowing you will dominate, you will win no matter what. I won’t live In MN forever– let;s get a championship.

65. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

66. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Sounds like McNabb brought his Philly fans with him. Here’s hoping we’ve learned our lesson on the second half blues.

67. By Ham on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Stop it with this Suh is the best in the game non sense. Haloti Ngata is the best DL in the game by far, because he’s awesome at everything. I would take Kevin Williams over Suh. Suh is a liability against the run until proven otherwise he and can be schematically taken out of a game through traps since he’s relying, over rated. Wait and see how the kid develops before you crown him, jeez.

On the other hand, Megatron is not even human. How awesome is the nickname Megatron? I think Calvin is #2 behind Andre Johnson but he’s the one guy I could see challenging Andre this year.

68. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I think there will come a game that BB will explode, if him and McN connect our season could change

69. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I think Jenkins will be our number one by mid-season.

70. By Frederick Jones on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Defensive Linemen

71. By Frederick Jones on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

get your hands up

72. By Frederick Jones on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

when rushing the quarterback !

73. By Frederick Jones on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

:( :( :( :(

74. By Shawn on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

@Ham … lol what? Suh is a beast an all around BEAST !!!

I am a big Kevin Williams fan but Suh is a BEAST !!!

75. By Mike B on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Goooo Vikings Beat dem darn nab Lions

76. By Frederick Jones on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

We should be approaching this game as if it were our last.

77. By Frederick Jones on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn and Mike B.

I guess it would be better to have the defensive linemen just rush the
    passer hard so that they can pad their individual stats.

You’re both right, I’m totally off the wall asking them to get their hands up.

What was I thinking ! ! !

78. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Fred, this game is the season. We win, we are on a roll. We lose, we have traded places with the Lions in the NFC north– we must win for confidence, momentum, and because it is our division, or I believe it will spiral out of control and we have one or two wins at the Bye. This game is crucial. I believe we will dominate and shock the Lions. Win by at least two TDs.

79. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I just watched the video with Joe Theisman and Joe said what we all know- McNabb always throws too high or too low. And I am concerned he believes he has too much success and experience to be taught how to improve.

80. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Never too old to learn.

81. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Yes Titus we either need two foot tall or eight foot tall WR’s & TE’s. Such a shame, Mc should be better than that.

82. By Frederick Jones on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

Although the offense has been terrible, or defense has also blown it many times.

“HANDS UP DEFENSE.”

Could it be we are just a little bit too concerned about our sack statistics as individuals?

Eller, Marshall, and Page had their hands up often.

83. By Frederick Jones on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

@Titus, part two,

Perhaps it’s not a “must win,” as Frazier stated.

However, if we do not win it, 8-8 will take a great finish.

The defensive and offensive lines must come to play, and FOR THE TEAM, not for individual glory.

Watch the Tom Brady films. Sure sometimes the line folds and he has to hurry up. But most of the time guys like Brady and Rodgers have TIME to throw.

To me it’s sickening how people often think it’s the quarterback. McNabb will complete p a s s e s most of the time, when he’s not being rushed.

84. By VegasVike on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

T Jack can complete a pass when not being rushed

85. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Fred, Joe Theisman was what? Oh, I forgot. A quarterback. He showed several highlights– McNabb had time– a Brady or Favre would have thrown the ball where it belonged — not to the two or eight foot receiver. McNabb needs to admit he has some issues to improve upon. Stop the excuses. Stop the insanity.

86. By Titus on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Good one Vegas.

87. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@Fred … uhh what ? did i say something about hands up ? or down ?

88. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@Titus … you and I were among the biggest get McNabb voices and after the first 2 games and Theismans analyses … Im concerned I never really watched McNabb and just took his resume more serious than I should of

I did notice the high and low throws in the first 2 games and chalked it up to pressure but when Theisman showed a good pocket and the accuracy was still an issue ….. It might be early for this statement but its almost TJack like

89. By Shawn on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

We have a lot of holes and need to accept its time to rebuild … I still believe McNabb is a good mentor for Webb and Ponder

Ponder clearly from preseason is not ready and Webb should be our #1 WR

90. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Shawn– if you go way back — months ago, you will see where I argued even though McNabb has been successful, I have never been impressed with him. I have seen him play a lot– he was in 5 NFC championships in the 2000s — you must have seen his tendencies. But I do believe he was one of the better choices we had available– but he is no Favre.

91. By Titus on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

It will be okay– it has to be, what can we do? Suit up and run through the tunnel on game day? Relax, enjoy the season. We should be competitive– if we beat Green Bay at least once, I am happy– if we sweep them, that is almost like a Superbowl.

92. By Rocksalt on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

While I think it is good for folks to remain optimistic for a win.
    I remain troubled by the reality:
    The Lions are better than SD offensively and defensively…….what have we shown as a team that makes anyone believe we can rise to the task at hand?
    And as much as I hate to admit it,
    Green Bay and, to perhaps a lesser extent, Chicago, appear to be much more complete as teams than we are.
    To say nothing of of other good teams outside of our division.
    We may indeed be simply average or below……perhaps this is truly at time to re-build for us.

93. By Woodboat on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

McNabb isn’t TJacklike, really. I think Donovan makes good decisions, he’s just inaccurate at times… well, quite often. TJack just makes straight up bad decisions and is inaccurate way too often.

I’ve never been impressed with McNabb. People have always held him in higher regard than they should have. I don’t know if its his ethnicity or the ill treatment he received on draft day or his likeable personality, but I think he’s always gotten too much credit. He’s an average p@sser at best, but had the legs to extend plays. I knew we were in deep trouble when they traded for him, and will be very surprised if he is able to redeem himself after last years debacle.

I don’t put all the blame on McNabb, however. I think Favre was still viable last year, but the protection was atrocious. Couple that with no Syd Rice, and he was tooled. The team isn’t that much different than last year… maybe a bit better with Rudolph and Jenkins on the squad. We went 6-10 last year… lets hope we can improve on that.

94. By Woodboat on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Oh, and play Ponder week 6, assuming we are 1-5 at that point. He’ll have had some more time to watch film and practice with NFLers… time to see if he’s the truth or if we need to start angling for Andrew Luck :)

95. By Woodboat on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@ Rocksalt… I think the optimists must be George Michaels fans….

“You gotta have faith, faith, faith…
    You gotta have faith, Faith, FAITH!”

Me, I gotta have facts.

96. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

You guys stay up way too late, I hope this team is not keeping you awake and there are other reasons you’re up til 3 am

97. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

lol VV somebody needs to find titus a girl

98. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

@Woodboat, Titus,

If Theisman had shown several clips of McNabb being well protected on
    p a s s i n g plays THEN I would believe he is inaccurate.

To show ONE TIME he was protected and blew it, is not reason to give up
    on the qb ! ! !

99. By Frederick Jones on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

sandiamond,

There is no reason to attack other bloggers. Our posts should concentrate on the MN Vikings.

100. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Haha Sandia! I’m on pacific time so I have an excuse! And Woodboat, I was not comparing McN to TJ, I was just saying that any QB that makes it to the NFL “should” be able to hit his target when not pressured. Replace TJ with Leinhart

101. By DuaneN on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Like Favre, McNabb is terrified of getting hit. That hit in the endzone that broke McNabb’s ribs was the beginning of the end.

102. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Fred Jones I am not attacking Titus or anyone else. more or less a joke statement. heck he might be married for all i know. I respect Titus more than any other blogger on here!

103. By Purples05 on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Tom Brady and other respected Qbs buckle under pressure with little pressure in their face. I saw it several times last year, and Detroit showed how Brady does with no protection in pre-season. Is McNabb the most accurate QB? No….but his completion percentage would be a bit higher if he had a clean pocket often instead of wondering on every play if he has to run. That’s a fact

That’s not an excuse, the guy needs to play better. But also be fair. Film has shown the receivers don’t get consistent separation. Oh and btw…to deny McNabb’s past success shows short term memory. I have always been impressed with him. The guy was a play maker and even led the league in yards and tds before injuries at one point. He doesn’t always make it look pretty, but neither does Big Ben. He’s done more than Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and plenty of other highly rated Qbs. Don’t take that away from him

104. By Purples05 on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Oh and btw…Favre hasn’t been good since 2000. Tough to ignore all of his interceptions and fumbles….those count too you know…

105. By NJVikesFan on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

3.5 points…doesn’t sound like Vegas loves the Lions just yet…Vikes squeeze this one out 26-24. Don’t let the 1st two weeks fool you..the Lions didn’t turn into the Patriots over the summer..Time for this team to show some guts..let’s go Vikes

106. By purple08 on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Like i said many times… Brett Favre destroyed this team. If Chilly was 0-2 people would be calling for his head. Childress was not the problem. He helped put together a true contender. Favre came along and quickly drove a wedge between the players and the coach. I am done with this team and the NFL forever. Greedy players who don’t give a darn about anything but themselves are a joke. That’s OK… only a few more weeks and a real sport,…the best sport in the world begins… NHL Hockey. Don’t bother watching though America, it is too fast and exciting for most of you to follow. There aren’t breaks every 10 seconds filled with hype and statistics and not enough time in between whistles to stuff your fat faces. Get bent NFL. Don’t bother responding anyone, I won’t be posting on here again. Vikings stink with a capitol S. I am going to burn all my NFL gear ASAP.

107. By VegasVike on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Adios purple 08! We’re all not gonna miss your opinion!

108. By Viking-ology on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

This is the 10 year anniversary of Bledsoe going down and Brady carving his place in history. I’m sorry to say, but McNaab is done. He is nothing but a back up QB. I don’t want him seriously hurt but Ponder needs to take the reins of the team ASAP. This is the only chance the Vikes have to show what they have from this point foward.

109. By Adam on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

Well either way this game will go in our favor. If we win, thats great. If we lose, the rest of the season will most likely just fall apart completely and then Andrew Luck next year! =]

110. By Michael Tammaro on Sep 25, 2011 | Reply

I dont think detroit will stop vikes running game for 4 quarters off footballl vikes 21 det 17