Can Vikings Success vs. #1 WRs Continue This Week?

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 22, 2011 – 6:10 am

The Vikings pass defense has been criticized more than any other part of the team recently. It can be debated if that level of criticism is fair. On one hand, the Vikings have allowed 578 passing yards and 3 TD passes in two games. On the other hand, the Vikings ranked 10th in pass defense last year and this year they have as many INTs as TDs allowed this season.

What can’t be disputed, though, is the Vikings ability to take out their opponent’s #1 WR. The Vikings allowed just 1 catch for -4 yards to Mike Williams last week and in Week 1 San Diego’s Vincent Jackson was good for just 2 receptions for 31 yards. If you go back through the last 6 games of 2010 – when Leslie Frazier was named interim head coach and Fred Pagac was the defensive coordinator – and throw in the first two games of this season, #1 WRs are averaging just 3 receptions for 44 yards against the Vikings. In those 8 contests, opposing #1 WRs have just 1 TD reception (Johnny Knox of the Chicago Bears at TCF Bank Stadium last December).

Week 2 – Mike Williams (Tampa Bay): 1 reception, -4 yards, 0 TDs
Week 1 – Vincent Jackson (San Diego): 2 receptions, 31 yards, 0 TDs
Week 17 – Calvin Johnson: Did Not Play
Week 16 – DeSean Jackson: 2 receptions, 32 yards, 0 TDs
Week 15 – Johnny Knox: 2 receptions, 78 yards, 1 TD
Week 14 – Hakeem Nicks: 7 receptions, 96 yards, 0 TDs
Week 13 – Stevie Johnson: 2 receptions, 36 yards, 0 TDs
Week 12 – Santana Moss: 5 receptions, 40 yards, 0 TDs

This angle is relevant now because the Vikings face perhaps the NFL’s most talented WR this week in Detroit’s Calvin Johnson. In fact, Johnson has more TD receptions (33) than any other NFL WR since he was selected with the No. 2 pick in the 2007 draft.

“He’s still a great player, nothing has changed in that regard,” Frazier said on Wednesday. “Their quarterback is playing well, but Calvin Johnson is a big-time wide receiver; someone you have to always be aware of when he’s on the field.”

The last time the Vikings and Lions played – Week 17 of last season – Johnson did not suit up. Although he’s dealing with an ankle injury this week and did not practice on Wednesday, there’s no question he’ll be in the lineup on Sunday. The only question now is, can the Vikings success vs. opposing #1 WRs continue?

Tags:

243 Responses to “Can Vikings Success vs. #1 WRs Continue This Week?”

1. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Perhaps a more important stat would be to examine our success rate at stopping opposing ofenses on 3rd downs……..

2. By Cor on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

yes, 3rd down stops and staying mentally in a WHOLE game. I stay in for 8 hours a day at work, they should be able to handle 3 hours 16 times a year !
    but i do think we will hear more excuses starting at 3pm on sunday !!!!!

3. By Cor on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

As a season ticket holder, if the product on the field is bad, then no extra effort comes from me and shouldn’t from others, like any buisiness people, if you don’t pay for parking, no drinks or food at the stadium, and no vikings gear bought, revenue down speaks volumes !!!! join in my friends !

4. By DieHardViking on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I Just want to win, our front office is terrible but win or lose i will always stick with the MN Vikings

5. By Mike B on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Wow a boycott now that’s pretty serious stuff. I don’t usually buy but one item a year, so not making a dent in the multimillion dollar revenue for the team. I guess a product boycott is as good as anything to get the owners involved in a situation that is getting out of hand. This next game will pretty much tell the tale of are we going to improve or be mediocre all year. Take Care all

6. By Mike B on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Calvin Williams is that deep strike threat I have been mentioning in my blogs. The Vikings respect he can streak down the field and get the big play. There are other receivers too on the Lions team. I am sure they will have Calvin well covered, but will they toughen up and get the middle stuff. That’s the key stop the Lions from picking us to death then open up with a big play. It would be great if we could get that deep strike threat too. I don’t see anyone in the WR core to set into that role. Percy is great in the middle then making misses the going down field, but he doesn’t streak down field and be that guy like Williams. This artice proves the need for such a guy.

7. By Mike Wobschall on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Front office isn’t terrible. They traded for Jared Allen in 2008, that’s worked out well. Drafted a pair of rookie of the years with Adrian and Percy. That worked out. Late-round picks have been pretty good, with Jamarca Sanford, Brian Robison and John Sullivan all starters. They hit on Loadholt in the 2nd round. Developed Erin Henderson into a starter. Tough to blame the front office for their work. Not every move has been perfect, but not front office does that.

Can’ blame the front office for a dropped INT in the end zone that would’ve ended the game, or an offsides that negates a turnover, or a false start that ruins a drive, or taking a kickoff out of the end zone that was 6 yards deep, or dropping the kickoff in the final 30 seconds of the game, none of that is on the front office.

8. By Andy M on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Agree Wobby! The front-office isn’t to blame. It’s all execution on both sides of the ball. We’re not connecting on the offense and defense yet. Blown opportunities, penalties and just a lack of focus in the second half of the game has cost us two very winnable games and we could have a three way tie for first place in the North. I’m not saying we’ll win 10 games, but we could certainly be in a better place had we not “dropped the ball” the last two games.

9. By vikeforver on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I have to agree with Mike W. regarding front office moves I know we would all like dream team pics but where I live in NJ in the land of Eagle fans. I watched both Eagle games and they could easily be 0-2 if Jackson would not have come out of the game in the first quarter. Players have to play and keep their heads in the game, stop the mental mistakes and breakdowns and they will taste what winning is and hopefully against a division rival this Sunday -GO Vikes!!

10. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I give it two more games. The team has dominated in two games against two good teams– one on the road. But let me state what really has me baffled by relaying what I know in competition. I am competitive in a sport that I do for fun, and when someone becomes competitive with me, I draw upon everything inside and I snap, in a way. I am in a zone and my eyes look ahead like a deranged wolf. If the competition gets harder, I also increase my intensity– times ten. I say inside, no way, you will not beat me. I have had guys literally half my age stop me later and say– MAN!! How did you do that? And I say it is heart and mental control. This is what concerns me with this team– they are all professionals paid the big bucks– become aggressive, not conservative and afraid when the other team starts to take over in the third quarter.

11. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

“Deranged Wolf” would be a GREAT name for a rock band !

12. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Nova!!!! I wrote some other neat stuff, then I erased it– last night I wrote a really clever line and then again, I erased it. You guys see my most vanilla writing– because I say, hey– I don’t want that out in cyberspace, I can use that in my own material– that is my property.

13. By HAEDTER on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Linebackers need to have a big game in pass coverage this week. Give a little in the run to stop the pass. Having 93 back will definitley help !!!!!

14. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

“Deranged Wolf”* (copyright 2011,Titus Inc.)

15. By don on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

A major problem is McNabb. Frazier is like Childress. Anyone who ever played for the Eagles is great. Hasselback would have been a much better pickup.

16. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Those are nice stats, you can make stats look good in any situation. Did you know thet the decline in pirates in the world is a contributor to global warming? Must be true, there are less pirates and more global warming!

17. By Mike B on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@ Mike W I will agree with most of your points. I think there is room for debate on Sullivan and Loadholt so far. The front office could have assured that Rice got signed too, which in many fans opinion was the right move. So it’s probably 60-40 with the front office doing good.

18. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

What about warm global pirates?

19. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

“Warm Global Pirates” would also be a good name for a rock band!

20. By Mike B on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@Don I am not buying in that McNabb is any part of the problem. He has the skills and the experiience. One thing that does concern me is that he and Frazier are not fired up about being 0 and 2 at least in the the press conferences. Maybe that’s not the place to be fired up but hey I just don’t sense that we are going to get it done emotion. I will add one exception Jared Allen sounded pretty fired up when they interviewed him at the end of the game.

21. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Only at Halloween

22. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Can Viking’s Failure With Our #1 Wide Receiver Continue This Week?

23. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Nova, that just doesn’t sound right– maybe for a hot kid’s cereal.

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

“Warm Global Pirates”…..now with no added sugar !

25. By Andy M on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Except Rice is riding the pine with injuries much like he was here. He was not worth nearly (not even CLOSE!!) to what Seattle paid him. Not to mention he didn’t really want to be here. Rice was not the answer, but that’s not to say there wasn’t something else we should have pursued. Hey, Jenkins has more touchdowns and yards than Rice. I’ll take that as a positive! :-)

26. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I have a feeling the Lions will be stunned on Sunday and fed their first loss.

27. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

( Father, at breakfast table)……”.Billy, I want you to eat all of your breakfast today”! (5-year-old-Billy)…..”But I’m not hungry” !!…….(Father)…….But we’ve got “Warm Global Pirates”* (Copyright,2011, Nova Inc.)………(Billy)……..”vomit” !!

28. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

But Judge, I can prove Warm Global Pirates in reference to a cereal is mine- just look at the order of blog postings at vikings.com. Judge, Okay, but Nova retains the right to “vomit.”

29. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Hopefully the Viking will have a hearty breakfast of Warm Global Pirates on Sunday. They’re GREAAAAT!!

30. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

“Start your day with “Warm Global Pirates”!

31. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

how about Deranged Global Pirates?

32. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Or Holy Roller Granola Bars

33. By Twoodsnvikes on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Wow more unicorn and rainbows, so we stopped their number one receiver but we just let all the rest of them make catches and march down the field

34. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Crusader Flakes

35. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

gotta love the unicorns and rainbows………

36. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Twoodsnvikes…..my thoughts exactly.

37. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

If we lose this weekend, I am going to call Robot Fan for advice.

38. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Rock, help me promote “Warm Global Pirates”………..I’l need about $17,000,000 (U.S.).

39. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Nova-
    Will you take a check?

40. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Does Bernard Berrian have good hands?

41. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Bernard Who?

42. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Bernard Berrian, rich, handsome…..his girlfriend thought he would make a “great catch”…….boy, was she wrong1

43. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

OK. Let’s get some score predictions for this game:
    I say Detroit 34, Vikes 14 (hope I am wrong) but I have not seen us come together yet for 60 minutes……

44. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

*1=!

45. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Detroit will probably shut down our running game, ( I hope I’m wrong), forcing us to (gulp) throw the ball. Final…..Lions 31, Good Guys 21.

46. By New Vike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Lions run D has not been good this year. I say AP has a field day and the Vikes finish 27-20 with a win!

47. By Mike B on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Rice getting hurt could happen to anyone if he was still here he might not have gotten hurt that’s a roll of the dice. It doesn’t prove that he is fragile or anything else and his pay for Seattle is not out of line for a WR in the NFL.

48. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I’m just going with the simple formula which states (a) the Lions beat Tampa in Tampa and (b) Tampa beats us in Minny, therefore……..

49. By Andy M on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Sidney had one good year, the rest of the time he was either injured or ineffective. I’m sure we tried to keep him, but in the end its business and a new opportunity that led him back to T-Jack :) We might want to think about drafting a WR next year instead.

50. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

If we could bring it for 60 minutes, we stand a chance to win……….obviously whether we can do that has not been proven yet this season

51. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Maybe Berrian will have a monster game……..

52. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

And maybe a September snowstorm will punch another hole in the roof….

53. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Okay, in all serious sincerity — my prediction and you can write it down– Vikes win by 14.

54. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I sure hope it doesn’t snow that early…I still have to unpack my winter gunny sack!

55. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Score Titus?

56. By Parody on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

And what will the difference be after the 2nd half Titus?

57. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

48-34

58. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

31-17

59. By SchollyM on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Mike W- you seem to make a lot of excuses for the front office and the MN Vikings. I am a life time VIking fan and always will be, in saying that our defense plays good in the first half. The blame is with the Offense and McNabb who has been horrible, the front office went and picked him up. Sanford isn’t a good safety, just because you start doesn’t make you good. In this case he was just a little bit better than Johnson who is just as bad….Who cares if we can stop WR’s when we have 17 unanswered points the first weel and 20 the next. How about let’s see a full game of football. I think your reporting is lame.

60. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know Rocky– I think the loser will score close to 30. But this game is the season– too important a game and I heard the Vikings were booed at the end of last week’s game. I do believe, if this team is as talented as we think, that it will show in a BIG way on Sunday. Vikings by at least two TDs.

61. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

This game is the season. We lose, we are in dire straits for sure. But I expect the Vikings to come out with fire– win by two TDs.

62. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

SchollyM……..WELL SAID!

63. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Titus…we always come out with fire….and end with smouldering ashes.

64. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Hey now, let’s not pick on the reporting here– (I have and get torn apart). It is not very good, but lately, from Mike’s answers within the blog postings I can see Mike is a PR person and does what the team tells him. Let the kid be.

65. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@Mike Wobs … but you can blame the front office for allowing Tyrell Johnson to continue failing year after year

you can blame the front office for allowing Bernard Berrian to do absolutely nothing but cash his check for three years

you can blame the front office for not tryint to improve these positions either through free agency , the draft , or just giving someone else the chance to succeed

Berrian is a joke I have been saying it for 3 years and Im just a dumb construction worker …. YET OUR FRONT OFFICE ALLOWS HIM TO CONTINUE DROPPING PAS’SES GAME AFTER GAME !!!!!!!!!!

IT PURE INSANITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

66. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

He is obviously worried about the “Deranged Wilf”.

67. By DaVikings on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Did anyone see the highlight of the one TD catch by the Bucs the defender didn’t even try to defend it. That’s one thing I can’t stand about Pro Ball. College or high school players have more desire than these guy’s!!

68. By tru-speed on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

So what’s mike going to say? uh what that the team sucks an lose his job come on guys he’s try to stay positive!! the same thing us as fans should do!!!!

69. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I have never seen a winning organization allow so much failure from individuals ….

Bill Belichik will cut pro bowl players if they have 1 off year … not even a bad year but an off year

The Jets had one of the best defenses the last 3 years and even though they have 2 corners better than our corners they tried to sign Awesomwah … because they want to win

Tyrell johnson has made more negative plays – missed tackles / dropped INTs yet as long as he keeps his mouth shut and eats the catering hopefully giving some to his dog HE WILL BE ON THE FIELD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernard Berrian has dropped countless first downs …. yet as long as he keeps his mouth shut and eats the catering hopefully giving some to his dog HE WILL BE ON THE FIELD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I was aware of the “dumb” part, but i didn’t realize you were in construction!

71. By DaVikings on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings over Detroit by Two TD’s? Common This Detroit team I don’t see it!!

72. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

lol Nova … thanx ;)

73. By true viking fan on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@ diehard man im with you there and the front office aint so bad but they do make dumb mistakes sometimes, Lets Get it done vikes this weekend vikes! A win here could be a huge help but we all know its pretty much over if they lose so hopefully they git back on their horse

74. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

One word– ACCOUNTABILITY.

75. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I am a low voltage electrician … which includes many things but for me specifically commercial installation of voice / data and i have dabbled in fiber optics

76. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Tru-speed….check out some of the beat writers for Pittsburgh, Dallas, Philly and New England. They are not afraid to speak their minds and place the blame where it belongs, all without saying “the team sucks”.

77. By DaVikings on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

After Fourty years of this it is very hard to be positive!

78. By tru-speed on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@nova true but maybe thats not always the best way to go if we lose this game Sh#! needs to change

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Tru-speed, you are right, but the reporting won’t. I guarantee it.

80. By tru-speed on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

No ota No miny camp just give it time and the vikings need to close out games

81. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Thats it Titus …. ACCOUNTABILITY

We will never win with the current approch of everything is fine lots of football left attitude

82. By tru-speed on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

they have a point

83. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE………..”VIKINGS HAMMERED BY LIONS 96-3″…….. VIKINGS BLOG………LONGWELL HITS 47 YARDER !!!!!!!!!!

84. By Twoodsnvikes on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Lions 38 Vikings 10 sad to say, but AP will still get his 100 and a td

85. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

86. By Bleeds Purple on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

To quote Mike Tice” everbody calm down and enjoy the season”

87. By bleedpurple11 on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

lmao,cant wait to see wat the vikes go do when they clash wit larry and jaymar,omg this is go be goooooooood,,,Judd Zulgad on Twitter eat a bag of popcorn at the game,jaymar is not a player,we shall see bootlegg reporter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88. By Carl K on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@ Mike Wobby- Over the last 5 drafts we have selected 36 players.
    15 of those have been cut.
    2 are stars – Adrian and Harvin.
    4 others are starters – Loadholt, Sully, Robison, Sanford. (right now I have questions how long those players can hold on to the starting job)

Mike, less than 60% of our draftees can make it past cuts… We are avg. just over 1 starter per draft class. I WOULD NOT SAY THIS IS GOOD FRONT OFFICE WORK.

I agree that the Front Office can NOT take the blame for a player that drops a kick off with 30 seconds in the game. BUT they should take responsibility for coaching issues… like allowing the clock to run down to 30 seconds when you have all your time outs… and not giving Harvin an opportunity to catch some kickoffs earlier in the game.

If we can’t blame the Front Office for “sub par” coaching and drafting, who should we blame??????

89. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Carl…..excellent points, all of them. But do you really expect a reply?

90. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Watching No Huddle ( week3 ) on NFL Network …. Former Coach Jim Mora has plagerized me he said …. ” McNabbs recievers get no separation and his line isnt giving him time ”

_____________________________________________________________

Bill Musgrave Vikings OC said ” Our OLine did a good job ”

Leslie Frazier says ” Were doing a good job ”

_____________________________________________________________

91. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Rainbows and Unicorns baby !!!!!!!!!!!!

92. By Woodboat on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

#1 – whoever is using Wobs name in their post, please stop. If it is Wobs, please don’t post like you have the literary talent of… well, of me. :) You can do better.

#2 – I think the VIkes have a good chance of limiting C Johnson by playing press coverage with a safety over the top. But that takes 2 guys out of our zone, which is weak anyway. A big reason our zone is weak is because it is predicated on pressuring the QB, something we haven’t been able to do in the first 2 games consistantly (or most of last year). With a comfortable QB and good/ not great WRs, our zone gets picked apart. Of course every QB is going to take what the defense gives them, and we give them a wide open WR quite often.

93. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Sunshine, lollipops…….God what a terrible song.

94. By Woodboat on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@ Shawn… the coaches and NFL Network are both right. The NFL network spelled our problem specifically. The coaches used generalized relative terms, and were also correct. Our team is doing a good job…. relative to the local high school JV squad :).

Seriously, the team did look better from week 1 to week 2. I’m still hopeful for an 8-8 season. Let’s go Vikes!!!

95. By Troy on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I agree the excuses have to stop! McNabb is slow in reading his coverages and delivering the ball, thats why the offense stinks! Its obvious to everyone watching but the coaches dont want to admit they made a mistake bringing him to MN.

Our secondary still stinks except for Windfield. Sounds like a broken recorded when it comes to this problem for the past few years.

Start rebuilding lets get it over with we are not going to make the playoffs anyway

96. By lilwildwolf21 on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

okay I just submitted a post and its not showing what the heck. Anyways our play calling is to predictable for us to win to many games 8-8 I think not 3-11 more like it 5-11 if the Vikings can beat the Lions twice which most of us doubt. As for the Front Office all the fans blame them for Rice being signed by Seattle and not us. I blame them for saying that Berrian is out go to guy and will do good as our deep threat. Berrian has never been our deep threat. WE NEED TO GET A DEEP THREAT

97. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I know that I joke around a lot on this blog. Sometimes I think that helps the pain. But in complete sincerity, if we lose to the Lions this Sunday, I will have to give consideration to tanking the rest of the season for a good (hopefully) draft. I read that this is the first time EVER that the Lions come into the Dome favored. It is hard to take.

98. By Woodboat on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@ Troy, and others…

I wouldn’t give up until at LEAST game 4 on making the playoffs. If we are 0-4 and the Packers and Lions are rolling, which I expect they will, then go ahead and pull the plug and get Ponder and/or Webb on the field. I don’t have a problem with them doing this. I went into this season hoping to see them win a few games and see the development of our young guys. I wish they would have kept a few of the young WRs. Berrian obviously isn’t the answer at WR, and if he was to develop, by the time we needed him, he would be too old. Get a young up and comer that can grow with our young QBs, keep Peterson because he’s awesome, but get Gerhart in the mix a bit more. 2 or 3 years from now, we may be the talk of the league if the front office and the coaches patch the glaring holes in this team.

Oh, and Wobs, please don’t point at Loadholt as an example of successful drafting. He is horrible.

99. By BC on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I’m just glad it’s a noon game this Sunday. That way I’ll still have some daylight left to drown my sorrows after my Vikes get clobbered again…But otherwise I’m optimistically cautious! ;-)

100. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I have to pay to watch these guys………am I insane?

101. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

no nova not insane your a fan unless we are all insane

102. By Parody on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

A good fan is insane. That’s what helps to create the home field advantage.

103. By Viking Joe on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Rice was a 1 year wonder and the fact that Favre had time to get him the ball, he’s not that good and won’t be in Seattle with T Jack, and as far as the Lions are concerned, I was reading the look at the lions blog, and some guy says they won 10 in a row,that’s news to me, they haven’t made the playoffs in well over a decade, and 0-16, a few years ago, and never went to any Super Bowls !!! I wonder why their fans act so high and mighty, when they haven’t accomplished anything !!!
    Vikings 24 Detroit 20. let’s get some pride back !! SKOL VIKINGS

104. By Jorge on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Guys i have been a vikings fan down here in miami since i was 8, as much as i like the vikings and get teased for never winning a superbowl i stick with them. We are 0-2 and have now a 12% chance of making the playoffs. whats the point we wont make real noise even if we do get in. The goal is to win superbowls. that is why i hope we lose more games then anyone and are lucky yo draft luck, even if we cant have him and or believe in ponder we can select or have a chance to draft Justin Blackmon or the 6’5 wideout from notre dame, its time to stop pretending and getting patchwork QB’s. I was one of the people excited about the ponder selection but not as 12th overall and i would rather have luck. i would gladly trade in this season and go 1-15 to have even a potential in a prospect. Im tired of putting out a team that wont really compete for a super bowl. Lets face it we are one of five teams that doesn’t even have a 1000 yard receiver in our depth chart.I understand Luck could be a bust, but is the idea of tanking or sucking and drafting him any different then trying our luck on two overaged qb’s. we gave those old guys a try and i think luck is worth a barrage of picks if we cant secure the first overall pick. I look forward to turning on my tv and hearing the minnesota crowd chanting ” suck for luck”.

105. By Big Al on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Time to stop the Chillie experiment, put Webb in as WR and deep threat, cut Benard “Bricks for Hands” Berrian. Our #1 has 1 catch in 2 games? If you want to win, you don’t have your best athletes riding the pine!

106. By Carl K on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@ Jorge- we would really have to stink it up this year to get Andrew Luck. Seattle, Indy, KC, San Fran, Miami and Oakland are all in the “Luck” sweepstakes.

107. By Jorge on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@Carl.–I was going to respond to your post mate, great job i recently also looked at the last four drafts, and u nailed it. Our drafts need major improvement. I saw somewhere that Green Bay has the most players on roster that they drafted. And well they are defending champs. We need to get better at our drafts. Also our front office i thought started off very well since then Rick Spileman hasnt done anything but get old qbs because he thinks we cna still win now. To answer ur question i think miami will beat the broncos and browns coming up and always seem to spilt against the jets and bills. Seattle plays in a very weak division so they might end up with at least 5 wins. Lets remember they played Pitt week two. Oakland is 1-1 and almost beat buffalo week two. I am however worried about IND and KC. I know that pro teams wont ever tank a seaosn but losing to KC would be the greatest thing ever as it would give them a win and us the tie breaker to having a worst pick then them. Im putting lot of stock on Luck as is alot of other people. I was high on this kid during his redshirt freshman season. I feel tanking for him is a gamble but no different then the gambles we have made on the oldies. Carl we arent drafting and retaining 60% of our drafties so why not trade tge farm for luck. If it works out we would have a elite franchise QB, a running back, a young tight end in Kyle and we can pick up a tru number one wide out in free agnecy. I have a feeling that chargers wont be paying Jackson. The guy has been tagged and produced for years now and they never seem to give him the contract he wants when he hits free agency he sill cost more then their cheap wallets have would allow.

108. By Jorge on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@carl- to worst pick, losing KC would give the tie breaker in having the better pick*

109. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

End of first half – Vikings 10 / Lions 7
    End of game – Vikings 10 / Lions 31

110. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I just watched the pressers …. Musgrave just looks beat down and Im starting to like Pagac

At one point Pagac said something to the effect of nobody did a good job in the second half … IT WAS REFRESHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

111. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

There’s a word for tanking a professional sports season…. Let’s see. Oh Yeah!! PRISON SENTENCE!!

112. By Carl K on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@jorge- a six win season last year was as low as I can go. I can’t stand losing.
    We have a tougher division than Seattle, KC, and Indy I will give that… so it is possible. But to get Luck, a team will need to have less than 4-5 wins.

The Vikings are much better than that. Ponder (if he gets a shot) will make sure we win games…

113. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Vegas….that reminds me….you better not put a return address on those showgirls !

114. By Carl K on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I think Ponder wants to win more than McNabb… and that is why I would start Ponder in game 4 agianst KC. Ponder has more fire!

115. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Haha Nova, maybe you should just fly here, that way nobody goes to prison

116. By Jorge on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@carl- i would def. start ponder to see what he got. especially in a year were dalton and cam newton are already starting and gabbert is getting the nod this week. Wasn’t ponder the most pro ready because of the offense he ran in FSU, gve ponder the starts.

117. By Parody on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Of all our coaches, I like Preifer the best. He displays so much more confidence and leadership in the press conferences than the other guys. In contrast, Frazier always is acting really low key, sounding as if he’s trying to hide everything, Pagac doesn’t seem to have answers that he’s comfortable sharing with the media, and Musgrave looks like he’s already been given his 2-week notice.

Nobody else is comfortable assigning blame anywhere, but Preifer was quick to absorb the blame for ANY poor performance all on himself, saying something to the tune of “yea he should have done it differently in that situation, and it’s my fault for not making that clear”. I think if all the coaches can act like that, it would make all of the fans feel a lot more comfortable with them running the team, now and into the future.

118. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Musgrave looks like his proctologist is Captain Hook.

119. By Animal26 on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Mike W. Whats wrong with percy? Read a report that he wasn’t in practice today. Are his Migraines coming back?

120. By Parody on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Did anyone else watch the Make a Wish video? It’s a touching film.

Towards the end of it, Frazier comes in and says a couple things to the kid, including “we might have to sign you up on the team the way you’re catching the ball.” Passing a hint to anyone?

I’m looking at you B-Twice!

121. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@Parody … yes the make a wish kid would be a better deep threat than Berrian, hes definatly got more focus and better hands

I dont agree with you on Pagac … I liked his presser

I have never watched a special teams coach talk …. its called “special” for a reason

122. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I guess Ive been wrong I forgot Spielman brought in make a wish kid for a tryout …. so we are trying to find a #1WR thats good

123. By Shawn on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@BillMusgrave … dont look so wooped, I still have faith in your skills, I see you have some talent issues in key areas

JUST BENCH BERRIAN AND ILL SHUT UP !!!!!!

at least for a couple weeks

124. By Joe C on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Many negative posts here – when the season started what did you expect the Vikings record would be? Not many upgrades at any position except the addition by subtraction that was done at right tackle. We need to start Ponder now and let him get used to running for his life!!!!

Jim Mora was correct!! How can you throw to covered receivers and expect them to make plays?

This team needs to be re-tooled the way Bill Belacheat did it in New England.

The Vikings need to play a different style of football. They are too predictable.

Hopefully Kevin Williams will add a spark to the defense and help them play 60 minutes of football.

125. By Troy on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@ Mike W. Come on Mike for you to go to bat for the front office suprises me.To have only 3 starters (none on defence)out of 18 draft picks in a 3 year period 2008,2009,2010 is terrible with a capital T.

126. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Musgrave does look sheepish in that video.

127. By Jeff L on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

If we do lose game 3 I would love to see Ponder come in and play the rest of the season. The bad news guys, is it ain’t gonna happen. See what Frazier did last year? When we had nothing to play for anymore and the best choice would have been to give Webb a shot what did he do? He played Favre the rest of the year. Same thing’s going to happen again: we’re going to have nothing to play for, but he’s going to let McNabb keep starting.

128. By Parody on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

You’re right Jeff. Frazier allowed Favre to start for two games after the season was already lost. However, the season was lost before Frazier even was thrust into the role as the team’s head coach. It’s also worth mentioning that Frazier has a defensive background.

So with all the craziness going on at that period, Frazier allowed Favre to play as long as the old man wanted to, and extend his records. With the likelihood that the man who appointed Frazier the interim coach probably would have had a fit if he didn’t let Favre play, it makes things that much less likely that anything short of a full body cast was going to keep Favre off the field.

In consideration of McNabb, the decision will ultimately land on Frazier’s shoulders. But don’t neglect the argument that he’s still a defensively minded coach, so he’s going to be depending on Musgrave to drive the decision. They’ll have to weigh the decision of gaining experience the threat of injuring their franchise QB in a season without hope.

129. By nonagzone on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

The number one problem with the team the last two weeks is that there are 4 quarters to the game and they only have enough gas in the tank to play 3. Eventually we will get there. On a brighter note, only 15 more years and we will be able to sign Tom Brady

130. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Now you boys are all havin too much fun, here!

131. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

sounds like a party to me, boys…..

132. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Shawn.maybe Berrian will have his monster game………maybe he will BRING it!

133. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Maybe Berrian will re-dedicate himself to the game……

134. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Maybe Berrian will discover, that special something deep inside of himself…….

135. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

NAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

136. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Lions are going down!

137. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I hope you are right, my academic friend………..

138. By Mike B on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@Rocksalt A pair of hands?

139. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

But lets get one thing straight……..The voice of the fans merely reflects the performance of this team……..to cry about negativity and complain that tru fans are only positive about their team copletely misses the point….PUT UP MSOME POSITIVE PRODUCT/PERFORMANCE AND THE FANS WILL FOLLOW……..I am reminded of Detroit US auto makers in the 70′s complaining and sending out propganda for the public to BUY US CARS! Even though they were inferior! The frikkin nerve of multinational corporations to chastise the freedom of choice amongst the democratic consumers!!!!!!!!!!WTF!

140. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Especially if they are unable to put forth a quality product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

141. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Consumer capitalism 101, BABY!

142. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I have to believe this team will come out and play one of those perfect games we sometimes see — the leaders like AP and Allen will not tolerate a loss– and Frazier and Co. know how big this division game is– and after last week’s boos at the end of the game, I am telling you– they will come out nasty and dominate. They have to, or there better be some roster changes. If I perform poorly at my work, I do not continue getting paid.

143. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

That is precisely the difference, Titus.These yahoos get paid to do nothing….no consequences once they sign the contract………

144. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Besides, Titus, your argument, while positive, is pure speculation nad conjecture……….wasn;t it you who once said “Just the facts…….”

145. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

and not nad…….

146. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

well, here is a fact. an inferior product will not sell…..unless there is an awfully good snake oil salesman…..but most of the time, smart consumers see through the facade…….

147. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Cincinnati Bengals WR Jerome Simpson is being questioned by police after a package weighing 2.5 lbs was delivered to his house. He let the cops in and they discovered 6 more lbs, scales and other niceties…………..If you guessed the package was weed……You Win!!!……..This MORON makes $555,000 yearly……When this stuff happens, I shake my head. When he shakes his head, I bet he hears ball bearings rattling around. I’m just wondering if the report got his name wrong……not Jerome, Homer.

148. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

D’oh!!!!!!!!!!

149. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Nova, I believe the Moron thought he could make a sound investment and make a supplemental income to pay for gas.

150. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

entreprepreneurial spirit lives on!

151. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Another exhibit in the Cincinnati Zoo.

152. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

no more rainbow and unicorn specualtions………

153. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

time for reality TV…….

154. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

leaglize it. tax it .make profits. regulate it……..

155. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

then get over it!

156. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

RB Cedric Benson of, YOU GUESSED IT !!!!!! the Cincinnati Bengals, was handed a 3 game suspension today for 2 separate assault convictions that occurred this off-season in Austin, Texas. Benson will appeal…….this seems to be long-running show there.

157. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

the consumer is allways right!

158. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

It’s a big zoo in Cincinnati–

159. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

boys will be boys……….

160. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

roids will be roids…..

161. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

They should remove the stripes from their helmets and put them on their uniforms.

162. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

inconspicuous consumption is the path to salvation!

163. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I consume, therefore I am!

164. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

they should eat raw meat………

165. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

and live in cages….

166. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

we will pay admission to see them……….

167. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Mike Vick should……..really cheap raw meat.

168. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

we feel better by comparison.

169. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

and then we go home.

170. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Rocky, we already pay admission to see them no matter the city– Sunday the four quarter circus is open to all, children of all ages…

171. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Agreed, but do not rush to be . so pragmatic, Titus…….

172. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

We pay to see many things…..some good some bad…….

173. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

we pay to consume many things…..

174. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

what do we truly savor?

175. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

176. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Man, I have never seen so many one liners on Vikings.com

Certainly the Vikings need to start getting serious about the football season.

As far as the front office, they do have to be accountable for what is happening. They would be happy if we won those two games.

Have they done a horrible job picking players…That has yet to be proven, but losing 2 games like we did is certainly pushing us in that direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

177. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Vikings Dominate Sunday.

178. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

:) :) :)

MICHAEL W. WOBSCHALL,

IF THAT IS INDEED YOU WRITING…GREAT.

But we know you are like a captain, and you have to go down with the ship.

The fact some recent draft picks are starting is not impressive when you look at our 0-2 record. Brag about that when we are 5-2.
    :( :( :(

179. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Virtually anything can happen in football. The lowly Green Bay Packers proved that last year. No way should that team have won it all!!!

And it’s happened before…and it will happen again.

Really the Vikings could finish 14-2, 2-14, or anything in between.

You never can tell.

The players must want it.________________That’s the bottom line.

______________________________________________________

180. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I just saw on NFL Network that Harvin is out sick…. Anybody have more on that?

181. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

They need to have the Rocky syndrome– eye of the Tiger– Favre had it.

182. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Harvin out? YIKES!

183. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

:( HANDS UP WHEN RUSHING THE QB :(

184. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Wow Titus, someone finally agrees with me about F4VRE. Put the team on your shoulders and carry them to victory.

185. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Can McNabb do that?? Has McNabb ever done that?

186. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Yeah,

187. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

but

188. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

189. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

love

190. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Vegas– I see such a difference between McNabb and Favre– I have been thinking it the past two weeks, but decided not to voice it. But Favre emptied everything to win every second– last game, McNabb seemed like his fate was sealed and showed no fire, no hunger, no drive– not like Favre.

They say McNabb has the lowest interceptions (one of) and Favre the most — well, that is because Favre took chances that might win the game– and McNabb throws it in the ground where no one can catch it- and there is no chance for his team—-

191. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

for Childress.

192. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

It’s too early to write off McNabb. Maybe he is what you say, but he has only played 2 games !

193. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I was not a huge fan of 4 until his last year at GB, because of course the multiple times he torched the vikes. But at that point a guy has to respect his abilities. When he came to MN I was giddy, and he gave us everything. That last INT in the Saints game? Didn’t really upset me, if it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t of ever got that far. I hope he goes to the HOF a Viking not a packer.

194. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Frederick-McNabb has more seat time as a Viking than Favre. McNabb had Mankato and all of preseason. Favre did not in either year, raw talent my friend. What Titus says

195. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I hope those showgirls have “raw talent”, Vegas !

196. By Don on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Why are we making post about this..so its ok that we shut the number 1wr down but lose the game..

197. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Don, I find it confusing too.

198. By TheRealDon on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I see somebody has my name so i had to change up..But why are we making post about this..so its ok that we shut the number 1wr down but lose the game..

199. By sandiamond on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Titus I ran into 2 eagles fans today with a little chit chat. Both of these guys did not know where Mcnabb was at or how he had played so far this year. I told them we had Mcnabb this year and they giggled a bit. They informed me that he threw the ball at the recievers feet, wr’s had to come back for the ball and he couldn’t connect downfield for long plays. Some of this we are seeing this year! Always thought Philly fans were nutz but we will find out for sure in a few more weeks
    Still holding tight to the Donovan bandwagon for now

200. By TheRealDon on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@NovaScotiaVike..Yea just don’t get that one..

201. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Who woke Nova up?? I think raw talent comes into play in a different kind of show. We call it the “ballet”

202. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

TheRealDon sounds like a “Godfather” sequel.

203. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

We’re back to warm global pirates

204. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

My mind wanders a lot……..I think it just went down the street…….

205. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Sandiamond, I saw McNabb play often– because of all the playoff games he has been in– and the Dallas-Philly rivalry is always a good game if I have time. And I have seen that — throwing too low time after time. I really hate writing any of these criticisms about our QB. I do believe he is a decent QB, but I work with someone who told me about a friend of his who lived in Philly during the McNabb era– same type of negative talk.

206. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I said many months ago I was never impressed with McNabb, but I have been trying to stay positive since he came here. Hopefully, with AP, maybe McNabb will do some good– he has shown some great, accurate, fast throws– but he is not the same caliber as Favre. Even Bradshaw kept saying– Favre was the best he had ever seen…

207. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Maybe Favre’s ankle is healed by now…

208. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I trust Terry Bradshaw’s opinion on QB’s, but otherwise he comes across as having the IQ of a brick.

209. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA– that is a funny one, Nova. Is it because of his head?

210. By sandiamond on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I’m sure Ponder’s mind is starting to churn at this point in the season. All the rookie QB’s are starting to see action now except Locker and Ponder. Hang in there big guy ur time is a coming!!!!!!!

211. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Titus, it could just be his laid-back, hillbilly, good-old-boy demeanor, but I believe he really is a mental midget. During his career he was referred to as being “slow”.

212. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Now, you could land a helicopter on Howie Long’s head……….

213. By sandiamond on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I can tell you from personal exp that Favre is Absolutely done in the nfl. We are close to the same age, have had surgeries on both ankles and knee issues. In the 40′s you just can’t hang with the young cats anymore. There is not a day that goes by when I don’t think about getting back on that volleyball court and players against ex-college players

214. By sandiamond on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

oops play/compete

215. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I can’t watch the Fox pre-game show. Bradshaw’s stupidity, Long’s head and Jimmy Johnson’s rock-hard hair, combined with their endless giggling like teenage girls, sucks out my brain cells.

216. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

And I can’t spare ANY !!!!!

217. By TheRealDon on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@NovaScotiaVike..hahaha yea it does huh..but i seen there was another don..lets just get this out im the real don..the cut bernard berrian don..lol

218. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Jimmy Johnson is the only one with real common sense– he is the best on the show.

219. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@ TheRealDOn…….We should find the fake “Don” and make sure he “sleeps with the fishes”.

220. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

He is the “Moe” of the Three Stooges.

221. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

It seems Favre went one year past his shelf life. If he woulda had some protection last year my guess he would have performed well. Wait until you’re 50 Mr Sandiamond.

222. By Woodboat on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Heh… I like the Fox Pregame. I think they could have done without Strahan… the set is too crowded with 5 guys yammering. All the guys offer some pretty insightful commentary. If you don’t care for Bradshaws hillbilly dialect, well I guess it’s a matter of personal preference. Personally, I think he’s hilarious.

223. By Woodboat on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

If we lose 2 more in the next coupla weeks, we won’t really need a vet behind center. I expect to see Ponder start week 6.

224. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I’m 54 and there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about women’s college beach volleyball !

225. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I vote Mooch, Collingsworth, Billick and of course from THE OHIO STATE, Cris Carter

226. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Nova, I thought you much older.

227. By Woodboat on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Hey, Wobs…. could you do a piece on the success our O-Line is having keeping the opposing teams FS from applying pressure on our QB? Or maybe the excellent job we’ve been doing keeping the opposing left side gunner from taking out our return man? Lets switch up and be positive about something that really means something…. :)

228. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Chris Berman does a good job of controlling everyone on “NFL Gameday”, not a lot of giggling like on Fox or CBS’ pre-game.

229. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I’m 52 and like womans beach volleyball too, makes my ankles feel 30

230. By Woodboat on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

@VegasVike…. yeah, that is a pretty good bunch as well, though I find Mariuchi a bit annoying.

231. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Titus, I try and act very immature for my age.

232. By Woodboat on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I gotta say that the gals that play beach v-ball are probably the best built ladies on the planet for my tastes…

233. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I like Mooch cuz he’s Favre’s bro. And Favre likes womans Beach Volleyball

234. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Usually a little light up top, but Ii can get past that !

235. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

I will take a beach, period– it is chilly in the north woods.

236. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Oh, like a showgirl? Thin and athletic, my fav

237. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

*I…….time to call it a night…….have a good one, everybody !……..KKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SSSSSSTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

238. By VegasVike on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Anybody ever been to Seaside FL? Between Destin and Panama City? Now that’s living!

239. By sandiamond on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Yea nothing like a 6′ tall women with legs to die for. I hope i’m not walking with a cane @ 50!

240. By sandiamond on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Let’s rock the Dome on Sunday and kick the high-flying blue out the door ~
    Again the 2nd half will determine the outcome of the game and this time Frazier will have his ducks in a row

link to the nfl viewing map:

241. By DieHardViking on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

The VIkings arnt going to let this happen 3 weeks in a row thier gonna come out on fire and stay that way through out the game…i have confidence that we will WIN on sunday.SKOL!!!

242. By TMFJONES on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

Our defence has played better than i have seen in a long time. its true we have done a outstanding job of shutting down #1 WR’s.But if your defence is always on the field, eventually the offence will find a way in todays NFL.Our offense has to find a way to stay on the field and get first downs. Please blitz every first and third down. I would like to see our DL get their hands up have not seen that so far. Be more ball hungry, Instead of getting fined for hits, lets start stripping that ball. You gotta savagely go for that ball. punch it out.A tackle from the back, wrap one hand around waist punch ball out with other hand ,between elbow and ribs. Havnt seen this much. Thats coaching.

243. By TMFJONES on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

I heard Bienamy talking to A.P. in a game it sounded like a dad telling his kid hes gotta try harder. I heard no actuall coaching? Like maybe dont hesitate behind the line, burst to to the hole at the hand hand off, make your cut past the d line.I heard nothing like that. Hes still doing this on some plays i notice. Hes the best in the game and the best player the vikes have ever had, But still beleive he needs a good running back coach.