Ayodele: Everybody “Stoked” To Have Williams Back In Lineup

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 21, 2011 – 12:49 pm

This is Leslie Frazier’s first year as the full-time head coach of the Vikings, and there’s always some degree of transition involved with a change in team leadership. One part of the transition for the Vikings defense this year is a (literally) big change in the middle of the defensive line.

Gone is DT Pat Williams. In his place, the Vikings will rely on youngsters Christian Ballard, Letroy Guion and Fred Evans, and they also went to the free agent market to sign Remi Ayodele. Through the first two games of the regular season, the performance from the interior defensive line has been okay; not great, but not poor.

With Kevin Williams now back in the fold, though, there’s reason to believe a big up-tick in production is on the way.

“I’m really excited to have him back,” Ayodele said of Williams. “To have a veteran right next to you that has dominated the game for so long always help everybody on the defensive line. Everybody is stoked to have him back.”

Tags: , ,

202 Responses to “Ayodele: Everybody “Stoked” To Have Williams Back In Lineup”

1. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I just watched the Frazier presser and I am VERY concerned with our organization ….

I really question if our coaches even know whats going on. I hear Frazier say we need to finish games … DUH !!!

I as a fan just like many bloggers have pointed out how bad our OL is. I watch the NFL network and listen to former coaches and players talk about our weak OL. Yet when our OC Bill Musgrave talks to the media he says our OL played well. WHAT ? Is he a straight up liar or completly out of his mind?

To fix a problem we have to acknowledge the problem. I dont see our coaches acknowledge anything. So I have to question if they even know. You can acknowledge a problem without calling out individual.

EXAMPLE

Yes we missed some blocks and we will be expecting some improvement. If it doesnt get better we will get it better.

See that answer would make me feel better as a fan. The problem has been acknowleged, I hear you telling me you see the problem and your FOCUSSED ON FIXING IT.

But heres an example of our coaching staff ….

We need to finish the game. We need to make plays. REALLY? HOW UNCLEAR IS THAT?

Coach Frazier says he wanted a turnover to end the game … Tyrell Joh’nson had the opportunity to do his job and dropped the game winning INT. This is not the first time hes dropped a key INT. Its not the fist time hes not done his job. So how does he focus and try to improve? by getting a DUI …

There is no accountabilty from our front office down.

I am worried the organizations motto is ….

Keep your mouth shut and enjoy the catering. You can drop pas’ses. Drop INTs . Miss tackles. Miss blocks. Get DUIs and party your a** off. Pull guns and get arrested whenever. As long as you dont say something stupid you will keep your job.

I see no leadership or direction on this team. No accountability. No FOCUS.

This staff is really starting to sound and act incompetant. I dont hear them acknowledging problems … ALL I HEAR IS ITS ONLY WEEK 2 AND EVERYTHINGS FINE.

NO ITS NOT. ARE THE COACHES LYING TO US OR ARE THEY CLUELESS?

2. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

The only way to improve is to know your weakness and strengthen it …

Do our coaches see anything that needs to be fixed?

We are 27th in the league offensively

we are 21st in the league defensively

AND ALL I HEAR FROM OUR COACHES IS WE ARE DOING A GOOD JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. By Mike Wobschall on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Neither. Listen, fans are an important part of the NFL. With no fans, the NFL is a worse League and, ultimately, the product is worse. But coaches don’t go to press conferences with the goal to make the fans feel better. That’s just not the way it goes. It matters much more what they acknowledge in meeting rooms and at practice than what they acknoledge at a press conference. So I understand your frustration, but I also think you have to acknowledge that there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that you’re not aware of, and often times it’s confronting individuals who are playing poorly.

4. By Mike Wobschall on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

The coaches are not clueless. The tape doesn’t lie…it’s obvious to everyone who watches the tape what the problems are. They are addressed in the meeting rooms and on the practice fields.

5. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobs … write an article to Frazier about focus !!!!

we have weak links in our chain … some have been weak for multiple consecutive seasons AND SOME COULD HAVE THERE PRODUCTION MATCHED BY ANYONE OFF THE STREET !!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. By Beeverchoan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

How much beever should I chew?

7. By brockjn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

No accountability is this teams problem…. You make mistakes and you continue get to play? If I did that in High School my coach wouldnt let me play so why is it different in the NFL? This coaching staff better get it together!

8. By Justin F on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I really love Frazier, I really do. But anyone see resemblances between him and President Obama? (not because they look alike).

9. By Beeverchoan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

got no beever to chew

10. By brockjn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Johnson getting DUI’s, Letroy Guion jumping offsides twice in the same drive, Berrian dropping the football, Loadholt getting his 1 false start a game, every game! Allen hitting quarterbacks late, when he should know better, McNabb throwing the ball way over everybody’s head down the seam. Step into it McNabb since now its also a business decision. You dont get better you dont play. Peterson and Harvin I dont think have had a false start or holding calls, or anything like that. (granted he Peterson fumbled the ball) but come one Frazier get some accountability like you did with McKinney!

11. By Beeverchoan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Frazier needs to chew some beever

12. By jdude on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Guys come on this is a rebuilding team. What he is trying to fix is what the worst coach in coaching history Brad Chilldress made, witch is pretty hard to fix. Just give it some time and the vikes will come around.

13. By mcnabb5 on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Mike, the only thing I’m concern with is the inablility to adjust at halftime. And not playing situational football. For instance, we had a crucial 3rd down and 12 against freeman, and we blitz him. Why? Rush 4 maybe 5 and drop back in coverage and tackle in front of the 1st down marker. Well we rushed 6 or 7 and freeman dumped it off and the guy ran for the first down. Unbelievable! Also, the middle was crying for tight end play for first downs. No play was called strictly for the tight end to get a 1st down when needed. Do you see the atlanta game? Play after Play was called for Gonzalez. Philly did not have an answer for their tight end. We have two good ones, use them! The coaching has to get better. This team could very well be 2-0, its not like the vikings got blown out. I played football before, I know if the wrong plays are called you will lose every time. Its not rocket science that we blow the lead in the second half. You can’t play to lose. I really think the players are doing a decent job. The coaching has to get better. I believe it will. I predict a win against the Lions. Thanks Mike.

14. By New Vike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

You can’t start throwing stones at NFL players that commit A penalty. A shot at Jared Allen for a late hit holds no merit. The guy is a pro and a bright spot on the team. Nobody plays the game with intention to harm their own team. Guion jumping the snap count was inexcusable, and certainly Johnson’s DUI is inexcusable. But the good news is Kevin Williams is back this week so you should see alot less of Guion and Williams should have the hammer brought down on him as well.

15. By Viking Joe on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I hope Kevin’s foot won’t be a problem, it’s good to have him back, I hope and believe he can help.

16. By Mike B on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

@Viking Joe depends on how it’s healed and tolerance for pain. I had same thing that Kevin had it can be really painful stepping down.

17. By rye on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Vikes just need to beat detroit this week and they can be right back in the thick of things in the North. Especially if Chicago can upset Green Bay.

18. By Djjvikes on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

It may be time to bring in Ponder

19. By Djjvikes on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

How worse could the first two weeks have been if Ponder had started? Might as well let him start learning before AP is too old!

20. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I dropped a sure interception today, just in a pickup game. I guess I’ll go out and get loaded, these guys won’t cut me.

21. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

They also don’t want Berrian.

22. By moorevikes on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Fellas, fellas it’s all good now we’re going to win out because a defensive lineman is coming off his two game suspension. That’s right Kev Williams will make it all better. He will somehow make our Oline play better, he’ll make our DB’s cover, tackle, and intercept the ball, and oh most importantly our deep threat receiver will get open and actually catch a ball. That’s right guys Kev Williams to save the day. Doesn’t he have an injury?

23. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I understand what Mike W is saying, that a lot of things happen that the fans are not aware of. But Shawn also makes an excellent point, somehow the coaches need to acknowledge to THEIR fans that there are issues and they are working on correcting them. Quit treating the fans like voters!

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

OK Mike Wobs…..you say the problems “are addressed in the meeting rooms and the practice fields”. How many times will they “address” the problem of Bernard Berrian and his complete lack of production before something is actually done about it? Or does your definition of “address” mean praying he will improve?

25. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

What do they say in AA? The first step to fixing the problem is acknowledgement?
    How’s that go? Tyrell?

26. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

And Nova, good thing you didn’t drop a pickup in an interception game. That could hurt

27. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Vegas, speaking of pickups, I”ll be expecting the showgirls by Monday night !!

28. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

lol Nova … pray away the bad play, thats the new plan

29. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Hey TJack hasn’t been benched yet! Besides, I’ll have to demo the merchandise, don’t wanna send you anything defective…

30. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

SHOW YOUR UNICORN HORNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

It seems as if everyone except Titus has turned.

32. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I think the third game’s a “charm” for T-Joke. And Vegas, yeah, give them an oil change.

33. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Shawn…….get the Bible out….we will “address this issue”.

34. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

@Nova … NICE

@VegasVike … I wouldnt sound like Ive turned if I could hear the team leaders in this case the coaches would acknowledge EVERYTHING IS NOT FINE OR GOOD OR EXCITING

35. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

And Moses said unto Berrian from the mountain top……YOU WILL CATCH PA$SES…….and Berrian replied ” EVEN THE LORD HIMSELF CAN”T GUARANTEE THAT”!

36. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

And, with that, Berrian exploded in a flaming mass, letting the Vikings off the hook for his contract.

37. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

AMEN

38. By john on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

here let me ez all u football gods minds out there ,yes this for nfl network and all the other critic’s of football…..let refer to last year …if your mind allows that……two teams went 6-0 and did not make the playoff’s ….either way i like frazier and 0-2 doesn’t give him a fair chance… not to mention they played two teams already, one thats a pick for the super bowl san diego and another picked for the playoff’s by people …..they were games they should won….if i’m detroit i’d be worried about over confidence comen into this game….i like the vikings by 10 …joe webb will play i believe!

39. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Parting the Red Sea is one thing, Berrian catching anything except a STD is another.

40. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

John…go see your bookie……he will give you a great payday on the Vikes at -10

41. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

john …. what?

Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

42. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Shawn….Amen….hilarious !!!!!!!!

43. By coachcasey on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I hate to say it but when its all said and done I think the Vikings will be 2-14. Then the problem will be do you take the best player off the board which is qb Luck or will this team make the block buster trade to fill needs OT,WR,CB,SS. Vikings need a new coach like Gruden or Billick and for sure a replacement for Spielman before we can rise from the ashes. I was behind the Vikings for a new stadium but since watching the Viking organization over the years its time for the MINNESOTA VIKINGS TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL 1ST FOR THEIR FANS BEFORE THEY GET THE MONEY FOR A NEW STADIUM. I have never seen a team choke as much as this organization. Win the SUPER BOWL then get the MONEY for the Stadium!!!

44. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

coachcasey…..I don’t think we are winning any Super Bowl this year…..and then we won’t have a stadium.

45. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

thats the kind of attitude that will make 2011 the worst farewell tour imaginable

critique yes focus in feel the chain see the weak link and critique your a** off, but dont threaten leaving the team or the team will leave you

46. By coachcasey on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

The Bears, Packers have been SUPER BOWL CHAMPS and it look as if the Lions are gonna be knocking on the door very soon to be CHAMPS. So, I ask the Minnesota Viking Organization when are we gonna be CHAMPS??? You have had already over 50 years and we are still waiting… Mr. Wilf when you get a new STADIUM when do we get a SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP??? Its a fair question and I would like someone from this organization to be accountable and answer the ffffff question.

47. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I am concerned about the level of drive, motivation, and pride with this team. When the opposing team creeps back in, they need to get into the zone, step it up, and say, oh no you didn’t! Seriously, when I am competing in something, I may get tired, but something rises in me and I just will myself to beat the other person– My eyes are focused and I am another person– where is that with this team? They clearly saw these other teams coming back and they allowed it—– or God forbid, they are not who they thought they were.

48. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

There are 3 players here whove been around for 3 years and have done nothing really … and one of them is a starter while the other 2 contribute big time

this team would be soooooooooooo much better by just benching those three, dont even have to cut them but give the next a chance it cant get worse

DISCLAIMER … in this case contribute means run around aimlessly on the field, its not a true statement of contribution

49. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

coachcasey……Owners don’t normally guarantee SB wins…….Jerry Jones spent 1.5 Billion on his “Palace in Dallas”……he didn’t guarantee anything.

50. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Plus he looks like a lizard.

51. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Im pretty sure the goal is to win the Super Bowl every year, unless you went 6-10 or worse then the goal is to improve, possibly make the playoffs

52. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

A well-dressed lizard.

53. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Sort of a GQ lizard……but I digress……

54. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I think the Cavalia tent looks better than the dome. Saw it again today– I drive by it almost every day. Nova, I have stayed in Laval— so the show originates there?

55. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Based in Montreal, Titus….Laval is basically a suburb, right across the river. By the way, that show is supposed to be awesome.

56. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I would rather spend that money on food, but I might go–I miss Montreal, been there half dozen times or so.

57. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

2nd best city in Canada, just behind Halifax!……It’s not like Quebec City either, you don’t have to know Francais.

58. By HawaiianBoy_VikingFan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Asking an owner to guarantee a championship is pointless. Fans who wont back a team through good times and bad are just free-floaters who think they care about the game but in actuality they just want a reason to b1tch when things go wrong or a reason to act proud when things go well. If the team leaves, I hope everyone who doesnt back a new stadium effort feels really foolish and enjoys losing a part of your culture and if you wanna talk money, a huge revenue stream for the state. Also, the Wilfs have poured big money into players they thought could help win a SB and are willing to put in nearly 500 mil for a staidum. That is simply unheard of. You ignorant ranters better learn yourselves so you stop sounding dumb.

59. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Last time I stayed in Laval , it was part of the Montreal metropolitan area– I am not that old, Nova!

60. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Superbowl party at Nova’s!!

61. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

@Mike Wobs … just watched the make a wish video, good stuff

Is that just the state of MN make a wish or is make a wish just national? Either way its another great thing the vikings organization will be missed for if they leave ….

Some things are priceless and politicians on both sides should see the benefits of getting this stadium deal done are larger than costs especially when they are so close

In the grand scheme of things 100 million is nothing when it comes to what the state of MN loses if the Vikings leave …. GIT R DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

62. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I may need to get some donations to buy plane tickets for all of Nova’s talent…

63. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Hawaiian…do you fell as helpless as I do, watching this stadium issue from thousands of miles away?

64. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

wel sounds like you boys been havin fun….

65. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

SuperBowl at my place……Fire in the pit, Prime Rib on the Q, and great Canadian beer…….right on the ocean. ( You won’t want to go swimming).

66. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I believe the Vikes will stay put, if the twinkles can get a deal done the Vikes should be able. Course, they “should” be able to win a couple of games too! Refresh me, I don’t follow baseball, we’re the Twins on a roll when they got their new stadium?

67. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

What can we bring, Nova?

68. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Vegas- Go to MPLS STAR TRIB blogs about stadium……a majority seem to be against any spending……

69. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Hawaiian I’m a true blue (purple) Vikings fan, always will be. Just frustrated, I think we all are. I won’t become a fan of any other team trust me

70. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Rock….how about the MVC?

71. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt, I thought MN was a democratic state? Last time I checked the demos were in to blowing big bucks.

72. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Maybe we could have some halftime competition between the MVC and the Vegas showgirls, we know the MVC won’t be cheerleading so they should be available

73. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Vegas……LOL…there’s nothing like “available” Cheerleaders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

74. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Nova.I will work on that!
    Vegas-
    The Metro area is heavily Repug nant cant….Mich elle Bach.man…….Pawl enty as former gov.

75. By partyhorn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

relax beat the lions next thechiefs then get on for the ride

76. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Vegas carefull how you use the blowing … spending money for the health and welfare of your citizens is hardly blowing money.

I would say spending money to keep pot heads in prison is an example of blowing money

77. By HawaiianBoy_VikingFan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

@Nova- I truly am. Almost wish I had a big family that lived in Minnesota, so they could help spread the word about getting a new stadium done.

@Vegas- I love it. There is gonna be one heart-broken Hawaiian if they really do move. And sometimes I feel like i’m so used to underachieving from the team that I enjoy the good times and ignore that bad times as much as possible.

C’mon friends and fans way up north from me, lets get a deal done and a stadium built!

78. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

good Shawn!
    Hawaiian-
    Too many Tea Baggers opposed in MN to sepnd money.penney smart-pound foolish!

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Hawaiian……how long have you suffered from afar?…../68 for me…….

80. By partyhorn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

all about the stadium go vikes and the fans lets rock

81. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

wow Nova ’68 is when you became a fan?

’85 is when I start having football memories … and been a viking fan for everyone of them

82. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

perhaps better to suffer from afar than to suffer the indignities up close……

83. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

perhaps better to suffer from afar than to suffer the indig nities up close……

84. By HawaiianBoy_VikingFan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

@Nova- haha sorry nova, but you got me beat by a bit. I was born in ’87. Still live and breathe Viking football though.

So, is there no way the governor can just push the bill through and get it done, kinda like what happened with the Twins? I don’t know the situation well enough, wish I could see whats going on first-hand. Too bad the politicians don’t realize or care enough about what the organization brings to the state. If I can see it from Hawaii, it shocks me that they can’t see it from right next door. haha

85. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

If you guys let this team leave…..I’m talking to fans, politicians, players and owners..you will have let down countless fans, not just in the U.S. mid-west, but all around the world. I really would not have a reason to visit your fine Twin Cities again.

86. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

No the Republican legislators have called for a referendum……..cannot be pushed thru without a vote

87. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Check out the blogs on MPLS STAR TRIBUNE Politics, stadium to get the info……

88. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Well ,it is a dire situation at this point………

89. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Lakers, North Stars……..there are precedents……..

90. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

make your voices hearcd on the star tib website…..

91. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I honestly can not think of a single reason someone would vote republican

unless they are rich …. and the heads of corporations

thats the only thing republicans recognize

92. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Agreed Shawn……but there is also a very tight knit conservative set of ethos that seems to unite odd bedfellows

93. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

so how do republicans stand a chance if they attack 80+% of American citizens?

its unbelievable …

94. By Mike B on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

@Mike W good point there the press conference is not for the fans, but is for the press. I also agree you don’t point out individual players faults in the conference. There needs to be a little more on tone how things are going to improve. It comes across at times like don’t worry there’s nothing wrong with the cart. Time will heal all issues. Well that is not in the least bit comforting. You could assist the fan base by asking these tough questions and getting direct answers to how things are improving or will improve. What say you.

95. By HawaiianBoy_VikingFan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

That is truly unfortunate. But thanks for the info. Keep fighting fans, get it done!

96. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Again, I agree and this conundrum seems illogical to me…….But- it is what it is……

97. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

i heard one of them at the republican debate suggest eliminating minimum wage …. WHAT?

98. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know about your political situation there, all I know is that I’ve contributed thousands of dollars to the Minneapolis/St.Paul economy over the years, and would love nothing better to continue. Just think of all the other out-of-town fans like myself.

99. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

So Shawn you are saying pot should be legal?? How absurd!!

100. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

also eliminatre health care………leave the system in the hands of insurance companies and big business to determine who can AFFORD to PAY!

101. By partyhorn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

cant afford to lose the vikes cmon man get it together

102. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

just go to the site and get your own read on the temp of the people in twin cities……..

103. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I am not in FAVOR of losing the team! I am telling you what the climate is!

104. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

been a fan since 1970……..

105. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

VegasVike … whats absurd about it?

A pot head and a drunk? Whos starting the fight? Whos driving home from the bar? Whos commiting the violent crime?

I will tell you this , the pot head is sitting on his couch watching TV with a bag of dorritos ….

106. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Shawn-
    Didn’t you watch the “Pot Fiend” propaganda movies in High School? I did.they were hilarious!

107. By CA_Viking_fan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Someone mentioned Gruden as a potential good coach for the Vikings. That’s a pretty funny thought because the poor guy would probably die on the job trying to instill the killer instinct needed to play successful at this level. I bet he would turn down an offer to coach here no matter what the salary was. The Vikings are just too nice to play competively.

108. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Just put aside your differences for a minute and keep the Vikings!!

109. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

lol no back in high school i was a pot head …. but i grew out of it and i know functioning pot heads

youve heard of functioning alcholics

110. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

right up there with the “If you see a mushroom cloud, students are instructed to Duck and Cover”!!!!!

111. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

right up there with the “If you see a mushroom cloud, students are instructed to D uck and Cover”!!!!!

112. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

i take it back it was for 2 years after high school when i went to UNI

I went to UNI not for school but for the parties :)

113. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Wait a minute Shawn, you have dorritos?? The cool ranch??

114. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

GRR this site keeps doing this………frustrating to have to submit, only to have to do it again…cuz it doesnt show up 1st time.. GRR

115. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

lol rock its amazing all the propoganda and BS we were taught and brainwashed with

remember when they told us colombus discovered America?

116. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Not in our hands, Nova! tell it to the party of no!

117. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

lol no Vegas … I quit after a couple years, its not my thing

i was a funyun guy

118. By DuaneN on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Politics are getting weird here in MN. State is kinda racist imo. Some dumb people agreeing with dumb things. I was talking to my neighbor awhile back. Within ten minutes she told me Clemens is innocent and Obama is stupid. One guess which side she will vote for.

I’m all for less taxes paying for the stadium. It is not realistic though. Stadium would be a lock if people were not so bad with money. “I’m to stupid to save money! No more taxes! I’m going to the bar!.”

119. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, ……everyone knows that George W discovered America!

120. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Vegas did you know all the drugs we spend billions of tax payer dollars to keep out of this country were all legal until 1900? when the rich white men from the south got scared slaves would get some and kill them?

121. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

not George Washington……

122. By partyhorn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

no matter how good detroit thinks they are the vikes will prevail its time and at home

123. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

JUST SAY NO!

124. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

its time alright….GUT CHECK TIME!

125. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Vegas did you know that for every natural drug growing from the earth that we have made illegal … some big drug company has made a chemical equivelant version of it?

Oxycotton is the man made chemical equivalent of heroin … did you know that?

126. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

could put those billions into other things…….

127. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

better living thru modern chemistry, Shawn

128. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

did you know that the DEA uses our tax dollar to bust medical marijuana businesses in california where its legal?

129. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

lol rock

130. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Just say no to everything……….this strategy has seemed to work for the republicans!

131. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

and what about the $4000 toilet seats?

132. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

:) Rocksalt :)

133. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I want one of those!

134. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

yea well no price is too high for individual comfort …. unless your poor

135. By The_IL_Vike_Fan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I like Dorritos!!

136. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

and I want to make money off of other folks misfortunes by abusiing insider trading and hedge funds…………..

137. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Let corporations and industry police themselves…no govt controls…get rid of law enforecement(govt) so we can police ourselves!

138. By partyhorn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

is this politics or football ha ha he he

139. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

And the FDA! Get rid of that pesky govt agency! And Center for Disease Control! Environmental Protection Agency! All socialist govt structures!

140. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Sorry!
    Needed to rant!

141. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I heard a comedian say something to the effect of … as Americans we have 2 choices

you can choose the puppet on the left or the puppet on the right but if you look up its the same guy controlling both puppets

The late Bill Hicks

142. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

and get rid of puppets!

143. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Never been much of a chippie guy myself… I’ve found ice cream and almost anything made by hostess is better. And yes I am a proponent of legalization. In Vegas they are spending tons of tax dollars busting grow houses while murderers and rapists run wild, I don’t get it

144. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

and comedians!

145. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Rock its absolutely insane isnt it?

We have all see what corporations do with no regulations … they have cost lives

yet 1/2 the country likes it

146. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

above all get rid of free thinkers!

147. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Im with you there Vegas Ill take some Ben and Jerrys anyday over Chips

148. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

And clowns, Shawn…….get rid of clowns…..

149. By partyhorn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

try the left or the right the middle will get ya

150. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Its a Brave New World, Shawn!

151. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

where is my soma pill?

152. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

lol DuaneN … I missed your post was in a zone

153. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

clowns are scary :)

154. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

So are republicans, Shawn

155. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

All of you guys, …….move to Canada !………Stay away from Winnipeg….it’s a dump.

156. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

g night……..

157. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Good suggestion, Nova……..you folks seem civil……..

158. By HawaiianBoy_VikingFan on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Aw man, I tried to use the website to send a letter to the politicians but I can’t because I’m not from Minnesota. So i expect the rest of you to write letters for me! haha

159. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I went to Winnipeg once.

160. By Rocksalt on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

you can still blog on the site……not sure it will do any good, tho

161. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

:) Nova :) … I have thought about it, I also have considered Austraila which I heard has a growing economy and healthcare

THATS RIGHT REPUBLICANS GROWING ECONOMY AND HEALTHCARE IN THE SAME SENTENCE !!!!

162. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I spent 3 months there one day.

163. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Nova, I just went to the Costco which is near the Cavalia– the tents were all brightly lit from the pinnacles — it looked really cool. I was thinking they won’t get many people during the week because it is so pricey– the lot was packed with cars.

164. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Two of my best friends just moved to Adelaide, Australia for 2 years.

165. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Are you hearing good things Nova?

166. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I think the only problem Id have with Austraila is too far from MN Viking football

167. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Titus, sincerely, I know it’s expensive…but from what I’ve been told, it’s one of those once-in-a-lifetime shows.

168. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Good things, Shawn……they are just going into summer there, but you have to be “sponsored” to get a work visa. He is a geologist and his wife is a professor.

169. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I am actually thinking about going, I’ve been offered a position there.

170. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

ahh thats the catch i missed … sponsorship

I knew it was to good to be true :)

171. By partyhorn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

care for a fosters lager

172. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Nova, what position were you offered? Horse trainer?

173. By partyhorn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

dont like fosters about a busch light

174. By Daniel on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Here is the problem: the problem is smart action to push the organization forward. Our safeties just suck, our Lb core is beat up, our WR`s are backups (except Harvin) and Mcnabb is sinking like a lead wieght in a ice shack. Glad to have peterson 100% and Gerhart right behind him. Glad to see Griffen and Winfield doing thier Job. Allen has done well, robinson is pushing, Butt! Griffen should start!. All the rest needs adjustment. solid players arw key. Dump jamarica stanford for Ken Hamlin, and Bernard Berian for Iglasious or the dude from Canada. Do you Viking Staff loose track of you priorities? Or do you belong with the paper or plastic gang? just a thought turds.

175. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Actually, a land surveying job in the Outback, lots of mining going on there right now.

176. By VegasVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Do it Nova! You can always go back

177. By partyhorn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

got me a donk dont need me a gun ……..ya got any humor left

178. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

It’s tempting, Vegas.

179. By purplerainman on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I have been loving the comments in regards to this team being in a rebound phase. This team was pounding it out with the Saints at their best to get to the Super Bowl just two seasons ago. Though the Vikes have lost two games they should have won this year, I feel they are heading in the right direction structurally. I think it is more about them being in sync than anything else, e.g. stupid 15 yard penalties late in games and not finishing teams off in the 3rd quarter are things I feel that can be overcome. I have an good feeling going into this game against Detroit. I really feel it will be a turning point to the season. My only concern is whether or not our secondary will show up as I really believe that is where we are at our weakest. Teams get shut down the first have because we are stopping the run. They then air it out on us in the 2nd half and run the ball from there. I would love to see what Leslie comes up with to stop this vicious cycle. Looking forward to a win that will break the seal for more wins.

180. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I have a feeling this team is going to be very good the last half of the season– going 6-2 after the Bye– I just hope they can win a few soon so we can make the playoffs.

181. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Maybe Ponder should be put in at the halftime on a regular basis.

182. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Let McNabb rest.

183. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

I never read the article to this blog (I try not to, so I can stay calm). But I just read this sentence and it tells me nothing– doublespeak:

184. By Titus on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Sentences like that irk me– if I see a student write like that, I ask– what does that mean? It tells me nothing.

185. By Mike R. on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

@Titus

And it doesn’t matter how many wins you have. Just as long as you get into the playoffs and have a winning run. Look at the Cardinals,NY Giants even Packers last year. But I think it going to be tough road with the other three teams in division looking good.

186. By Shawn on Sep 21, 2011 | Reply

Titus it tells you we played the first 2 games with DTs

187. By Parody on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Titus, it’s telling me that the issue isn’t a matter of black or white. There are areas where these guys could improve, but they’re holding down the fort alright in Williams’ absence.

Now on the other hand, if you’re looking for the author to expand on that then you, as a good english teacher, should be able to articulate what’s missing better. Ask for what portions of their performance is not great, or what the team is missing without having Williams on the line. Ask for a good argument of why their performance doesn’t fall within the category of poor.

The phrase “what does that mean? It tells me nothing.” is as vague as the passage that you’re critiqueing.

188. By Billy on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Please cut Johnson it is easy to see he doesn’t have the dedacation to be a good player let alone a great player. He would rather drink and stayout late than get a good night speep and be sharp for practice. O ya and he can not intercept a ball even if throwing right at him.
    It is ovious this is a pasying league and we need to get Ponder started so he is much more comfterable starting next year with onnly a new deep treat reciver to get used to.

189. By 4eversteve on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

The Vike’s better start winning or they can kiss any chance of getting a new stadium built …. Tire of watching McNabb with his nonchalant attitude in regard to starting the season 0-2 thinking he is a cool customer under pressure. Wonder if he will try to pull it off again if the Vike’s go 0-3 at what point does he start to sweat it. This team doesn’t appear mentally focus or prepare to play a full 60 minute game, not sure if they will able to all season, I just don’t see the drive or the want to in this team, very very concerned that there might not be a future for this team in Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!

190. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Parody, I would rather start with a general prompt such as “What does that mean?” and have the writer struggle (where all learning truly originates), than give the writer too many clues. If the writer/student has a blank stare, then I can customize the questions until they are so narrow that the student is spoon-fed– where no learning occurs. Thanks for the insight.

191. By Titus on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Also, I don’t always know what the writer/student wants to say– I never want to interfere with the ideas or conclusions of someone. I do not like to interfere with content, even if it blatantly opposes my strongest convictions.

192. By Viking Joe on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Let us just get a win !!!!!

193. By Parody on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Titus, I understand where you’re coming from, but the coment could still be re-worded. At first glance, I got the impression that it meant you don’t understand the simple point it’s making. Who’s to say that your students, especially the ones who would use such terming, would go any further than to attempt to say the same thing with a little more clarity?

It was only the fact that I’ve gotten to know you so well in our conversations that I determined you aren’t that daft, convinced me to read into it a bit more. I think that stating “I need information/facts that can support this claim,” would cause a lot less unnecessary confusion while arguably avoiding any intereference.

194. By coyote261 on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

SHAWN YOU KEEP SAYING WE WE THIS AND WE THAT ….ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE VIKINGS TEAM ? ARE YOU A COACH? ARE YOU AN OWNER ? IF NOT THEN WHATS THIS WE STUFF YOU GOT A TIRD IN YOUR POCKET? ITS EASY TO SAY ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE SAYING BUT UNTIL YOU ARE ON THE FIELD DOING WHAT THE VIKINGS PLAYERS ARE DOING YOU SHOULD L;EAVE YOURSELF IN THE WE DEPARTMENT OUT OF IT , JUST SAYING

195. By Parody on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

One word coyote261: Hypocrite!

You have no reason to pick on select bloggers about their choice of words, especially if you can’t even figure out how to turn the caps lock off. We are Vikings fans. You are ignorant.

196. By helmet von on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

Hey zigy call up randy moss and ask him to come out of retirement and play for the vikes and have mr frazier talk some scene into his head and have be our deep threat while our other receivers are running short and medium routes to spread the field and we will start winning games and winning the conference and making it to the nfc championship game and then making it to the super bowl and winning it all this year.

197. By ozzinator on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

coyote261- I think when Shawn says “we”, he means he and his fellow LIBS.

198. By Rocksalt on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

As opposed to the Teabaggers, OZZ?

199. By Frederick Jones on Sep 22, 2011 | Reply

HANDS UP WHEN RUSHING THE QB!!!

200. By ozzinator on Sep 23, 2011 | Reply

@Rocksalt-
    Oh, I forgot Rocky. You and Shawn are in the same liberal, e-hem, progressive bed together.
    I’ll take the tea partiers over the left wing commies any day!
    SKOL VIKES!

201. By sandiamond on Sep 24, 2011 | Reply

Brett Favre To Hit The Airwaves

Source: hattiesburgamerican.com

Sep. 24, 2011

ATLANTA – CSS, the regional sports channel focused on sports throughout the South, has announced that former Southern Miss and future NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre will serve as color analyst for its live coverage of the Rice at Southern Miss game at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 1.

“I’m excited to be back at Southern Miss with the Golden Eagles,” said Favre, who played quarterback for the team from 1987-1990. He added, “I’m not committing to a new career in broadcasting, but just wanted to support Southern Miss and check out the view from the press box. It should be fun and I hope the fans enjoy it.”

Favre joins CSS play-by-play announcer, Mike Morgan, and sideline reporter Craig Ackerman for Saturday’s game.

2. Sep 22, 2011: FEATURED VIKINGS ARTICLE: Ayodele: Everybody “Stoked” To Have Williams Back In Lineup | The Viking Ship | Minnesota Vikings Blog