Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 16, 2011 – 6:14 pm

With Sunday marking the Vikings first regular season home game of the 2011 season and with enhanced security procedures put in place by the NFL this year, fans are recommended to plan accordingly and arrive early on game day.

The Vikings encourage fans to arrive early and be patient about entering the stadium. The enhanced security procedures at the stadium gates recommended by the NFL last week will increase the comfort and safety of fans at the game, but will require additional time for pat downs at the gates. Ideally, fans will come early, enjoy pregame festivities at the Miller Lite Party on the Plaza, and head to the stadium gates earlier than they have in the past.

The NFL is known as a league that is constantly trying to improve its product, and ongoing measures to further improve the safety of fans attending games is a key component of that effort.

146 Responses to “With Enhanced Security Procedures In Effect, Early Arrival Recommended On Sunday”

1. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I wish I was there to stand in line….

2. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha– good one Vegas. As much as I love watching games, I cannot stand going to the dome. I am uncomfortable the whole time– my cycling legs get cramped, my knees have no room to stretch out- Please do not have to pee– that is an expedition and then you stand in line at a cow’s trough for half a quarter while drunkards yell obscenities at the front to hurry up.

Now, sit at home, sprawled on the couch– wings in the oven, Perrier in the freezer,bathroom accessible at a moment’s notice– no problem seeing the game or replays– and for about a 20th the cost.

3. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I venture to say, unless you get drunk or have the privileged seats near the field, most fans don’t have a lot of fun– but can say on Monday with some air of accomplishment– “I was at the game.” Now, add a blizzard, sitting outside, that makes it more of an experience. I miss the Old Met– at the time I was pretty young and could not appreciate it like I would now.

4. By Woodboat on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Sunday Ticket = Happiness

5. By Woodboat on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Perrier…. they still sell that stuff? Huh… what do you drink for soda, Tab? LoL

6. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Oh yea, I forgot about the amenities of the dome… I’ve been seeing the games live in Phoenix lately. That’s a little better, no blizzards. The last game I saw in the dome was vs. the cowboys playoff, Jeff George was the QB. Now I work Sundays and don’t even have Sunday ticket, such is life.

7. By Justin F on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Simulated the Vikings vs Buccaneers game on Madden 11. 5 minute quarters, All-Madden difficulty.

Final Score:
    Vikings 24
    Buccanneers 0

Take that for what’s it’s worth.

8. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I saw a twins game at the Met when I was a kid. Coca Cola had a promo where you got a playing card with a baseball diamond on it. The bottle caps had a different player on the underside of them, you had to collect a player for each position and glue them on the card. Once completed you would redeem the card for a ticket.

9. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Woodboat, Ahem, cough ,cough. Perrier is my soda. I stay away from soda most of the time. A good sugar cane root beer — now that is heaven.

10. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I have seen maybe 12 or so Vikings games at the dome and a couple Twins games. But anyone who says they would prefer to sit inside that cramped, expensive, uncomfortable place is lying. Much more enjoyable at home. Eat all you want– better food, better seating– much much more comfortable– easy pee breaks— etc. People go to say they go– they want to say– hey, I am special. Sure, you have to go once in a while– and it is fun once in a while– but most of the time, far rather be at home.

11. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Pretty good description of the dome Titus …. still a good time though and a lot of standing and making noise for the defense keeps you from being cramped in the spacious plastic airplane seats

but the 4 pee troughs for 60000 people is rough, best thing to do is not have to go pee :)

12. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I am tired of all this ” safety ” BS …

The average citizen will give away any freedom in the name of “safety ” , seriously who lives life with so much fear? The government has pumped so much fear into so many impressionable citizens that we now have to be mo’lested in the name of ” safety ”

its rid’iculous

13. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

The people in Iowa are more afraid of terroists more than people in NYC … how insane is that ? why would Iowa ever be attacked … it wouldnt but iowa is a red state and some leaders lead through fear to steal freedoms and gain control

14. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

That’s society Shawn, the only way to fix it is to vote. Oh wait…

15. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

If I lived in Iowa I’d be more afraid of people from Wisconsin than terrorists!

16. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Ahhh Titus forgot about the troughs. NO tailgating is my biggest complaint about the Dome. My brother and myself went to the Saints playoff game in 1999. Ended up having to do our tailgating at strip club.

17. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Vegas Vike … I lived in Vegas for 14 years, helped build the Mandarin tower at City Center been back in Iowa for 2 years and its a differant world. Red state mentality is sickening to watch poor people vote against themselves is insane. I am ready to live the blue life again ….

18. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

THIS IS FOR SHAWN AND ALL AMERICANS THAT CARE ABOUT OUR COUNTRY– Gang, we cannot be ignorant. I won’t go into a lot of detail but since we just had 9-11– I throw some ideas for you to think about in response to Shawn thinking the heartland is safe from terror.

Shawn, you have to understand the strategy and mission of the terrorists. They have an effective and well planned strategy designed to undermine the fabric of our eco-political structure. Terrorism is very effective against a free society– it is designed to make people stop in their contribution and participation in the society– and to halt its economic advance and thus it’s political power is siphoned off.

WHAT Many, inc yourself, Shawn, fail to realize is that one of the greatest principles behind fear is that it could happen anytime and anywhere.What could increase the panic across the USA more? An attack in one of the big three or four cities, or a more random attack in a less likely place?

19. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Righ Titus ” anywhere / anytime ”

so could a plane crash but seems just recently weve found safety violation in a major airline … but corporate america keeps paying those people less and less since reagan which less pay will naturally bring less proffesionals BUT NOBODY CARES

a car accident could happen anytime but car corporations actually have people to decide if a recall for safety is cheaper than just paying people that are injured or killed … ANOTHER SIGN OF THE COUNTRY NOT CARING at least caring more about the corporation than the citizen

Beause if we have any regulations on corporations than we are socialists

but to give up our personal space freedoms because we have had 2 major attacks in the history of our country? Its a bit ridiculous … Im not even talking about the Bush admin that made it possible to tap emails and phones for any reason , Im only talking about the new government mo’lestation right

we dont regulate corporations just citizens …

20. By Vikings4Life on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I like how jared allen is dropping back in coverage more, I hope they do more stunts and mix it up all the d- lineman should be able to play end and tackle, we can’t just rush four and drop back all the time.

21. By Vikings4Life on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Cover 2 is an old uneffective defense, that needs to be replaced. Majority of the teams that won the superbowl are 3-4 teams that blitz heavy.

22. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Titus thats what I see …

Plenty of things the country could do to make us ” safer ” but its ” safety ” is really only taken into consideration when it helps corporate america or financial institutions

its not about our safety … its about controlling us , not sure how you can see it any other way

23. By Carl K on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Shawn- Corporate product safety and terrorism are 2 completely different animals.

24. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, it was inevitable what happened. The terrorists use our own freedoms against us and manipulate our rights to infiltrate our society and have access to targets. Answer me how you would defend against an enemy you cannot see that can strike anywhere at anytime without listening in on chatter, etc? Tell me, Shawn, please do. Please, I am really, really curious. You say there are other ways– let me know? I want to know. Do you know how close this country was to collapsing from the 9-11 attacks? Maybe you do.

Do you know how one attack with a nuke in a suitcase could literally destroy our existence– I won’t write an essay here– I am already too long. But if you think the enemy did not try on dozens if not hundreds of occasions to attack us in the last 10 years since 9-11– you are in lalaland. You may not agree with the controls, but they have saved your life.

25. By Justin Wallin on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings need to play the whole game, with a “Never Quit” mentality. Stick to the basics; when you tackle, WRAP UP! Hold on to anything, even it is their shoe lace. JUST HOLD ON! A split second later a team mate or two or three or four or five or six or seven or eitght or nine or ten will come flyinging in and nail the ball carrirer. KILL THE CARRIER! Who did not play that as a kid? BE AGGRESSIVE and PROGRESSIVE. Leave your ego at the door, have a good time, WIN, make friends, make your cash, and get out. HUSTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jared Allen needs to take the whole defensive team out to a farm and teach them how to rope some cattle. And carry that over to the football field. The power of thought is huge. Stop choking in the big game! Everybody do their job, and go above and beyond. Be a “Gimper for God”. Look at all the people around you and really believe in those people. STUDY THE GAME! PURPLE PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to the Home opener against The Bucs. Talk is cheap, Actions speak, take a giant leap, triumph or defeat?

26. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Carl … safety is safety, if your going to take freedoms and mo’lest citizens in the name of ” safety ” shouldnt the illusion of caring about us citizens encompass threats that kill and injure citizens everyday ? If this big in the name of ” safety ” only shows itself because of 1 terroist attack it tells me there is something else goin on…and maybe like Titus mentioned the one attack has hurt the rich which is why we now show concern for ” safety ”

through my life i have seen there are differant rules for the super rich in this country … and poor people die everyday to protect them

27. By Carl K on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Enhanced security procedures may seem like some freedoms are being compromised or sacrificed, and that may be true, but our freedom can not be taken for granted. My hat is off to the great men and women not afraid to fight for our freedom. And that includes people who are willing to indure enhanced security procedures.

28. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Titus if you read , i said i am not talking about the bush tap freedom , its most likely the only way

tell me this titus … since 9/11 have we been attacked again?

so why 6 years after all the new airline procedures which seem to be working do we have to add this new mo’lestation rule? nothing else has happened, so why are we making it worse?

and yes we have a pretty good idea who the terroists are … its not g’ma and g’pa from north dakota or the guy with a crew cut and tattoos

and IF WE GET NUKED THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO YOU CANT STOP IT … NOTHING YOU CAN DO

29. By Carl K on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I respect your opinion Shawn, but I truly admire the people who are willing to sacrifice their own freedom and well being to make this great country even greater. Try to tell some of the families that lost loved ones on 9-11 you are unwilling to endure security measures to make this country safer.

30. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

and now im thinking your letting the terroists win … I am not scared , i have no fear of a terroist attack

but you are

nothing else has happened we must have done the right thing so why are we 10 years later still making new rules to control people?

the mo’lestation ” safety ” rule is a relatively new thing withing a couple years EVEN THOUGH NOTHING ELSE HAS HAPPENED

thats all im saying, yes the troops from middle and lower class america are indeed amazing people … i am not saying anything negative, why do you see it that way?

31. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

We were attacked we took actions and nothing has happened in 10 years so why are people still scared?

Could something happen ? Yes anything is possible … but the brakes in your toyota could go out and kill someone. The underpaid guy in the radio tower could fall asleep and your plain could crash

Will you stop driving or flying? Nobody is regulating your ” safety ” there …

So why this hysteria over terroism? Why is that the only ” safety ” we pretend to care about? could it be because creating fear of terroism makes money and regulating safety on corporations costs money?

32. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Somehow, after 100yrs+, we always have been best friends. I have never felt like an “alien” entering the U.S.

33. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

The biggest difference between Americans and Canadians???……As my good friends in Boston say…. We make the best beer commercials, but you guys make the best beer” !

34. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

lol somehow?

35. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Shawn… there is an old joke in Canada……Why is drinking American beer like having s3x in a boat…? They are both “fuc$ing near water.

36. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

BUT YOUR HARD STUFF IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!

37. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

lol … im dumb

I dont get it ….

38. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

ahh you mean the beer is watered down …

39. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

It tastes like water with a yellow crayon in it.

40. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

i should drink tonight …

41. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

There will certainly be more terror attacks in America, I believe. I don’t think they will be the magnitude of 911, at least in my lifetime. But just enough to keep the news rolling and fear in those that fear it. A great advertising tool. Security measures keep increasing and refining and I for one am not bothered by it. Only control the things you can control people, otherwise you’ll go nuts. Just like these blogs, I can’t control what the Vikings do or do not so this is just all in fun.

42. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

yea i read your joke wrong , as its written when you said we i thought because you are in canada that we meant canada and you meant america

43. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

So here I am pouring my heart out to you guys, and now your’e off the terrorism subject and talking about beer!

44. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Global warming, terrorist attacks, mass famine, out-of-control viruses……Please wait until we KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TTTTTAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!

45. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

VegasVike … I would rather my tax dollar go to taking care of our citizens than paying some guy to squeeze my a** and ba’lls, which is pointless

i see healthcare as a real ” safety ” concern for American citizens

but I dont see how feeling g’ma up at the airport helps protect anyone

46. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

SHAWN– Read what I write, do not assume. I am not fearful in the least– I am not afraid at all. I am merely writing about the reality we live in.

Here is another one you need to grasp– we have not been attacked NOT for lack of the enemy trying. So, when you say why are there changes if nothing has happened– it is called adjusting tactics to fit what is known about the enemy — hundreds of terrorists attacks have been intercepted in the past decade– and that is where changes in our strategy originate. Gee, Shawn– number one, do not assume when you are in a debate. I have not one iota of fear in me– so when you continue the debate, keep that in mind.

47. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Beer is a much better subject.

48. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUNS RAYS … WILD FIRES …. AND MEXICANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO SCARY !!!!!!!!!!

LOUD NOISES

49. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I wouldn’t trust those Canadians.

50. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Vegas, sorry to tell you but the attacks we will have will be rare and few– but their magnitude will be greater than each prior one. 9-11 will pale in comparison to the next one– and unless you are in your late 70s or later, you will see it. I should not even get into this debate– when I talk football, I know some things, but the political realm and foreign affairs is an area I have some relatively strong expertise– and I am not participating any more in this, or I will get wound up all night.

51. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Titus Im just saying people are being taken advantage of now by those in power … you cant tell me they care about our ” safety ” when I can see they dont, lots of things through our history have killed many citizens

many unions created safety measures that are being torn apart everyday by the same peole ……

52. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Guys, guys, guys…. RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS and watered down beer will get us through this.

53. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

There are thousands of us coming across the border disguised as b3avers.

54. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

So can we take Tampa then?

55. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

titus this blog was a perfect place to have this debate its titled safety through mo’lestation

56. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

canadian taking our jobs :)

57. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Moorevikes, I can’t say “b3aver” on this site…….it’s our National Rodent” !!!

58. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Nova, just watched the entire season of Trailer Park Boys on Netfix a couple months ago. You Canads are cool in my book man.

59. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Notice I asked that question with a very Minnesotan flair? Starting with “so” and unding with “then?”

60. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I love bea-ver.

61. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

especially in January

62. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

lol

63. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Wobb’s probably thinks we’re off our rockers

64. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Can I say fish taco?

65. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Yes I can.

66. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Moorevikes… that is filmed in a trailer park in Nova Scotia. Please don’t think that we are all like that LOL !

67. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

How bout Dirty Sanchez?

68. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

i wish i knew what was going on lol

69. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I know thought of the only person I know from Nova. You. lol

70. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Mark Sanchez?

71. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I’m getting uber censored blogs tonight… Guess I can’t bash N A S A…

72. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Don’t mind me Shawn, sleep depevation. Titus how do you spell that? Don’t feel like breakin out the Dictionary.

73. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

You best put dirty Sanchez in the urban dictionary Shawn…

74. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Mooorevikes ???????????????????

75. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

have you ever googled … Santorum ?

76. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Nova had said he couldn’t say bea-ver. Soooo i was just seeing what I could get away with.

77. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I just threw up a little

78. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

hahhaha

79. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Personally I like Russian Standard vodka on ice with a splash of cranberry and a lime. Change the subject change the subject change the subject

80. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Yeah dude that was gross. I like how they named it after him though.

81. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Love Jack n Coke

82. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

football hot chicks football hot chicks :)

83. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Jack on the rocks my fav …

84. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Goodnight from “Canada’s Ocean Playground”…..at least that’s what our license plates say.

85. By Shawn on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

the flava flav roast is on comedy central

86. By moorevikes on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Goodnight felllas. Til Sunday.

87. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Adios all

88. By Mike R. on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Night from Pennsy….:-)

89. By Purple Paint Chips on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

@Titus
    @Shawn
    Wow.

Fear God and Dreadnaught. Is Woodboat interested in an upgrade?

90. By Purple Paint Chips on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

I wish I could have some soda with my Purple Paint Chips! The Bucks have had their way with us lately. They are a good oung team. EJ please be OK.

91. By Matthias on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

There always will be wars and terrorismn, followed with the death of inocent civilians on both sides of the globe. You can not stop it now and in the future aslong as there are warlords (Russia, America, China, Great Britain…) and people seizing power. If you kill a dictator there will follow a new one, maybe a worse one. Often our administrations are ignoring Dictators, like Gaddafi, as long as they buy the administration’s weapons and sell cheap oil to the world market…

Topic: Hopefully Henderson is allright till sunday.

92. By Rocksalt on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

I think Shawn makes some interesting points about the culture of being fearful. While it is true that we cannot take our freedoms for granted, it is another thing altogether to live constantly on guard, or worse, to strike out pre-emptively without reason.
    Perhaps even more troubling than the war on terrorand terrosists, is our own government’s role in the sponsorship of such individuals in foreign regimes that ultimately we end up going to war with..Noriega, Saddam Hussein, Afghanistan,

93. By Mike B. on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Can’t be with you all on the game chat tomorrow, but will be listening to the game on the radio. On the road for business tomorrow, but will be cheering on the Vikings to beat Tampa. It’s time to put all the critism behind and get ready to watch the Vikings play. Go Vikings.

94. By sandiamond on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Mike hopefully we will have good things to talk about after the game. I’ll be right in the middle of packers and panthers fans at the pub cheering on Cam Newton like never before

95. By Woodboat on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Just a few logs I’d like to throw onto the terorism fire…

We have been spoiled for many decades, living in our own little peaceful world. It has been peaceful because ot the fear that WE instill in others It took a group of people that didn’t care about the consequences that would affect their OWN people to act on 9/11.

There will be individual nutjobs that try to kill people, either en masse or individually. There is nothing you can do to stop them other than be vigilant. Today its airplanes, but what if the guy that lit his junk on fire in the plane had tried to set of his incendiary in a crowded subway car? He wouldn’t have had to smuggle it in his briefs, thats for sure. Could have actually succeded.

Last note, gang-style graffitti is now prosecutable, at least here in CA, under federal law as an act of terrorism. A twelve year old with a rattle can is considered a terrorist. Hows that for taking fear just wee bit too far?

96. By ozzinator on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

I would like to know why the h3ll the plane security people don’t profile!

97. By Robins on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Win Vikings! McNabb, show us that you were worth picking up. If not, step aside for the young ones. Good luck!

98. By Frederick Jones on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Speaking of politics:

Not many seem to know that the real reason the Obama Jobs Bill didn’t pass was because of what they proposed to fund it. Funding it would be done by taxing the Rich more.

Oh NO we can’t have that!

And who votes on that Jobs Bill? Exactly Rich guys in the senate and house!!!

99. By Frederick Jones on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

If you ever ask the question WHY did the government do something….

Money is almost always the answer.

And this, friends, may ruin our country.

100. By Vikings4Life on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

If the vikings lose again tomorrow I pretty much know where this team is headed.

101. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

@ozzinator ……… YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!

That would be the common sense thing. We in America are just not big on common sense ….

Someone once told me common sense is not common

102. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

@Fred Jones … good stuff, always follow the money trail

103. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

@Rock … good points that the common citizen ignores

104. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

@Woodboat … your onto something there

105. By VegasVike on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

When you are bucks up you can buy any type of coalition you want. Buy your friend, girlfriends, politicians…

106. By DRS on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

This is from,

Lester Bagley, Vikings vice president of public affairs and stadium development, did not warm to the half a billion figure but did not rule it out.
    “The last public number was 407 (million dollars),” he said. Adding on to that , he said, is “the commitment to make it a people’s stadium” so that events besides football games can happen at the new stadium, a move that adds another $20 million a year. Plus, “we’re on the hook for any cost overruns on the stadium” and, Bagley said, the Vikings have or will agree to pay any cost overruns on the surrounding roads that would need improvement for the new stadium.

107. By DRS on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

All need to read this,

108. By DRS on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Already one game into their final season in the Metrodome, the Vikings team said it will not renew its lease there without a new stadium. At this point, it’s Arden Hills or nothing, according to Vikings officials.

109. By DRS on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Who will need enhanced security procedures at the dome after this year anyway? There will be no more NFL games in Minnesota if Minnesota refuses to get a new stadium bill passed this year, there are 15 games left. How long before the MN Vikings go the way of the MN North Stars, or the Minnesota Lakers?

I am on the side of freedom, and liberty. I agree with them who say that the United States Government has taken too many of our freedoms and liberties from us. Too many Governments in the past have become total dictatorships in the name of protection of their people. I would rather live free, with all life’s dangers, then to live under big brother, with their rules and their boot straps. What the Government gets away with would put us regular people in jail. Is it not time to get back to where we belong? Back to what being an American was when we where a young and a better nation?

Go Vikings!!!!!

110. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

No,don’t ” Go Vikings”………STAY VIKINGS !

111. By VegasVike on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

So if they continue to dilly dally around, not approve a stadium, move to LA where there is no stadium, will there be a 2013 Vikings? Where would they play? Ford Field again? TCF? politics fix everything

112. By Parody on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

I wouldn’t rule out the potential of playing in one of California’s college fields until they complete a stadium.

113. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

anyone find it odd 3 of 4 NFL network guys on that clip said ,and Im paraphasing, our OL sux but our OC Bill Musgrave said our OL did a good job?

Fred ?

114. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

7 round draft next year should get at least 5 OLmen?

and a WR from Iowa I watched today made 2 x 1 handed grabs today … his name is McNutt … 1 of them he couldnt get his foot down in bounds but it was Carter like

I know we scout Iowa so

115. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

THIS IS NOT FROM TODAY BUT SEEMS HE MAKES A LOT OF 1 HANDED GRABS

116. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

92 YARD TD

117. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

TRADE BB FOR MM ?

118. By Shawn on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

I just looked him up …

Marvin McNutt 6’4″ 215lbs

119. By VegasVike on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

McNabb to McNutt for a McTD??

120. By Vikings4Life on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Like the analyst said our o-line is the problem, year after year whomever the qb was behind center they always have been destroyed. Nomatter who plays qb even brady or rodgers they would not succeed behind this line. No protection no time to throw, this has been a huge issue for the vikings for years nobody seems to want to fix this issue.

121. By Vikings4Life on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Rebuild this whole o-line get rid of everyone and start over from scratch.

122. By Daniel on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

All I know is Mc-ribb BETTER do well. This game could make or break the chemistry for Mc-fly. I like the guy and am pulling for him. Bernard butterfingers on the other hand, is a complete waste! How do you have such bad hands? just drives me crazy. Throw aromasadu in his spot. freakn Berrian!

123. By Rocksalt on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Head to Head Matchups (Since 2001)Tampa Bay leads 4-1
    Nov 16, 2008 TAM 19, MIN 13
    Sep 11, 2005 TAM 24, @MIN 13
    Nov 3, 2002 TAM 38, MIN 24
    Oct 28, 2001 TAM 41, MIN 14
    Sep 30, 2001 TAM 16, @MIN 20

here’s hoping we can make the series 4-2

124. By Woodboat on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

I knew if I biotched long enough about our deplorable O Line, some more of you would pick up the theme. Welcome aboard!!!

@Vikings4Life… I think you probably already know where this team is headed, you just don’t want to believe it.

I’m in N California, and I don’t want the Vikes to move to LA. It’s a 12 hour drive to get there from my house, so it wouldn’t do me any good anyway. The Vikings belong up with the Swedes in Minn. L.A. needs an NFL team like another hole in their head. That being said, the hour is getting late. If the twin cities wanna keep the VIkes, they better get something in writing soon.

125. By Purple Paint Chips on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

OK politicing… tick, tick, tick,.. Boom. I belierve the enemy is very smart, and is trying to destroy us economically. There is no GDP created by homeland security or the enormity of measures we are taking upon ourselves at great expense. Unless we exterminate them, ultimately we default.

126. By Purple Paint Chips on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

@ Frederick Jones.
    When the government runs the economy, Poverty is not far off. The economy run entirely by government is what a generation fought the cold war against, The USSR. The delicious irony here is we fought by overspending. Had we had a Hot War, there would be little unemployment because of the population declines in large scale modern hot wars. We fought communism by overspending, and many unwittingly think the answer is to become socialist. Irony upon irony. Overtaxing will create more capital flight, and the people who are good at creating GDP will look elsewhere for a fairer bargain in exchange for their effort. The GATT and NAFTA is what we get in return for making thigs unattractive for job creators. Make no mistake, I have been hurt by the ‘jobs’ situation. I can look at my own perspective and see thing in a larger sense.

127. By Purple Paint Chips on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

Consider the economics of DE. I either read or concluded that Robison received a larger contract than Edwards because he could be a swing player and play DT or DE. Edwards moves on because he wants the big paycheck and the backup is consuming his share. I understand his discontent. Now that Robison has taken so well, no one misses Edwards or his malcontent. I thank him for contributing so strongly in the Coiwboys mauling in the playoffs. I always thought players who raise their game in the playoffs are worth keeping, but many things going on here we do not get insider knowledge on. Wobbs has indicated he will not be swinging back inside and it makes the whole idea of him getting the larger contract for it also ironic. We are DE heavy too. I think it would be cool to put a few more pass rushers out there by having the swing players Robison and Ballard on the inside on clear passing downs, when there is time for subs and having our other fine DE get in on the sack with them.

128. By Purple Paint Chips on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

PS to the above, A healthy Kevin Williams stays in for now. Perhaps just add ballard and keep the starter DE in.

Also Jerrod Allen played a little TE at KC. If we are too thin, maybe we could let him use his great hands in a time of need.

129. By Rocksalt on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

Purple Paint Chips-
    Not sure I agree with your logic on the virtues of capitalism.(see Madoff) and many scores of others who have made money off of hedging on disasters, either personal, or global. Basically making money off of someone else’s misfortune. How is this good? While capitalism as a means of a functioning economic system has indded produced wealth, it has also created the current economic quagmire. It also encourages a destructtive and unsustainable (economically, envirmnmentally, socially) approach to money making and greed over other more sustainable values.
    Also, if by Hot War you refer to nuclear, then there would certainly be no need for taxes, nor for life as we know it. The destruction and fallout (no pun intended) would create a situation in which none of of could fully imagine.

130. By Rocksalt on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

although I suppose there will be some enterprising individuals able to hedge on toatal destruction and make some tyupe of profit…….

131. By sandiamond on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

Weeeeee! 3 hrs to kickoff. What we need today: a win against the Bucs and 2 team wins from these three: Saints, Panthers, Chiefs

no doubt this is a tall order but hoping we get back in the NFC north hunt!

132. By sandiamond on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

stop i can’t imagine us moving to LA and Ponder dating all those hollywood beauty queens like Romo!!

133. By Rocksalt on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

DRS on the stadium issue, I do not understand why we cannot tap into either the MN lottery or put up a state-run casino (lord knows folks love to gamble with their money) in order to fund the public amount……..seems logical to me.

134. By Rocksalt on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

Romo a Hollywood beauty queen?????might have to replace R with H..;-)

135. By sandiamond on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

lol!

136. By Rocksalt on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

sandiamond-
    can’t you just picture Romo in high heels and false eyelashes?

137. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

I”M ROMOPHOBIC !!!!!!

138. By Rocksalt on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

Good morning, Nova. I appreciate your sense wit and humor!

139. By Rocksalt on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

Let’s hope our spirits can remain bouyed by today’s game…….

140. By Rocksalt on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

hope EJ’s ok for today, now how’s that for Rhyme and Reason!

141. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

We have to win this, can’t play K.C. 16 times a year…….good afternoon Rock.

142. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

Rock, the new blog reports E.J. is active and will start !!!

143. By Rocksalt on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

yeah. the wonders of modern medicine!

144. By Shawn on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

Thank you Rock for some rality … I get so tired of hearing the non sense Limbaugh people spew

I have 0 trust for the privatization of anything , corporate america has proven to have 0 integrity. They pay the workers less and give the CEOs more.

Corporate america is the reason Mexicans want in the country. The government jobs are not hiring illegals, unions are not hiring illegals …. so if they cant find work why would they come O YEA THE CORPORATIONS ARE GIVING THEM JOBS FOR 3 BUCKS AN HOUR !!!!!!!!!!! The hypocricy in the red party is un bearable.

WalMart Jobs is all we can expect from corporate / republican America

payless and charge more … no healthcare for the workers and 12 hour days no retirement

ANYTHING THAT HAS EVER WENT PRIVATE HAS PUT LIVES IN DANGER BECAUSE OF GREED

145. By DRS on Sep 18, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt, Sounds good to me, but will they do it to save the Vikings? That is the question. You know how Min. people hate gambling. LOL.

2. Sep 18, 2011: The Cage :: Minnesota Vikings -3 | tossingdeuces