Off The Cuff And On Camera

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 16, 2011 – 11:05 am

Thursdays are busy days inside Sports Authority Studios at Winter Park, with filming and taping of of Vikings Entertainment Network (VEN) programming taking high priority. With several other VEN elements going on in addition to a normal day of practice and preparation for the Vikings, the action never stops.

And neither do the cameras.

In fact, you can go behind the scenes with VEN by clicking here to watch as they debate all things NFL, from fantasy football to the return of individual player intros at Mall of America Field this weekend.

16 Responses to “Off The Cuff And On Camera”

1. By Larry King on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

If McNabb has two more bad outings over the next two games do you think we should start Ponder. I say if we are going to loose with McNabb we may as well loose with Ponder and let him get some experience.

Thanks
    Larry

2. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Let’s not play hypotheticals, but cross that road when and if we reach it.

3. By Rocksalt on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    Didn’t you post the poll about whether or not to keep Mcnabb if he struggles? Isn;t that ba hypothetical premise?

4. By Titus on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt- I concede. Maybe. Although my post was meant to prompt bloggers to think how complex a decision it is to bench McNabb– and my poll was asking if we should do it NOW based on San Diego– so it was a hypothetical based on current conditions, not future unkowns. So, no, I do not concede. Apples and oranges.

5. By Robins on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I agree. Let Ponder play now. McLoser is a nice guy but we need a great quarterback and the Eagles and the Redskins knew he wasn’t so why did the Vikings pick him up? They thought magically overnight he would be great? Ponder is our future who will take us to the Super Bowl and win. Let’s start now, go forward. Start Ponder and let Webb be his back up. Wake up and win.

6. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Robin- with the struggles currently presented on our O line starting Ponder (with minimum NFL seat time) would only be a disaster in the making. The poor kid wouldn’t stand a chance against our NFC North rivals. At this point Webb would be a better choice if McN would get sat down. I think McN is our best option in an overhauled system like we are in the middle of. He in no way single handedly lost the season opener, that was a team effort!

7. By VegasVike on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

Furthermore, both the Jets and Green Bay threw Mr Favre aside, knew his days were done… And I would classify both those teams elite over Philly or the Skins. Favre had hot and cold years just like McN but look what happened in 2009 when he had something to prove. I think McN now has something to prove.

8. By Adam on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

I was against the thought of McNabb at first but I now feel like he is the best player for this role, for this team at this time. One bad game and people are drawing their verbal swords… sheesh. Even if we started Ponder now, we won’t win anymore games than if McNabb were running the offense, so for the offset chance of the Vikings make it to the post season, McNabb needs to remain the starter at least until playoffs are no longer an option.

9. By Woodboat on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

I agree wholeheartedly with VegasVike. With McNabbs stature in the league, I would take McNabbs benching as, at the very least, an act of desparation. Really, it would be a sign that the coaches have given up on the season.

10. By Dave on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

McNabb still has game. Oline needs to step it up. Cant make a play on the run every time we hike the ball. Give McNabb a little time to read his routes and he can make plays.

11. By Larry King on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Give McNabb a break? You can’t be serious. The guy only threw for what 37 or 39 yards. What a embarrassment.

Larry

12. By Robins on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

I do hope McNabb steps up today. 39 yards won’t win a game usually. He knows he has to win this one because he has Ponder waiting for his turn. Good luck Vikings! McNabb, show us something great. How about a WIN!!!

13. By Larry King on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Maybe McNabb doesn’t think he getting paid enough to give his best or maye he’s just washed up.

Larry

14. By Skol_Vikes89 on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Larry King…. its one bad game. RELAX. I remember a game where AP ran for like, 17 yards? In 2009 against AZ. With that performance… in 1 game…. clearly AP is a useless running back.

15. By VegasVike on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Larry King that’s what he was TOLD to do, I think in the next couple of weeks we’ll find out what we really got. I gotta think he’s better than TJaack off don’t you?

16. By VegasVike on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

I’ve never really cared for McN but when you have a porous O line like we have I can’t think of a better available QB to run the bootleg