Fan Favorite: Individual Player Intros Return Next Two Weeks

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 14, 2011 – 8:07 am

The Vikings enjoy a great home-field advantage at Mall of America Field and it looks like that advantage will be given a boost over the next two games. The team has decided to bring back individual player introductions, always a fan-favorite aspect of pre-game festivities.

In recent seasons, the club has gone with a full team introduction for each home game. By popular demand, however, Head Coach Leslie Frazier and the team has decided to try individual player intros for the next two games.

It’s not yet known which groups will be introduced for each game, but you can be sure the introductions will be met with an electric and raucous reaction from the fans at Mall of America Field.

Tags:

32 Responses to “Fan Favorite: Individual Player Intros Return Next Two Weeks”

1. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

The reaction to Berrian’s intro might be slightly more subdued.

2. By Twoodsnvikes on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

And by subdued you mean straight up boo’s…..

3. By BleedPurple on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

I used to love when they would do that I will be at game this week GO VIKES

4. By DRS on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

Everyone should shout butter fingers when Berrian is announced.

5. By DRS on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

Individual player introductions, sounds good to me.

6. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

Twoodsnvikes……you got it !

7. By BleedPurple on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

I bet they intro the defense because we havent seen any offense yet

8. By DRS on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

The following is from,

“But now we’re down to the end of the lease, and if we don’t get it done this fall, we get to February (and) we will be the only NFL team without a lease,” Bagley said. “The only one. There’s already been knocks on the door about, ‘Hey, we want to talk to you guys when your lease is up.'”

Those calls have come from Los Angeles and other potential suitors whom Bagley refused to identify. Tim Leiweke and his Anschutz Entertainment Group want to put a team in a downtown Los Angeles stadium they want to build. Real estate executive Ed Roski also hasn’t given up on his goal of drawing a team to the stadium he wants to build in Industry, Calif., which is about 20 miles away from L.A.

9. By DRS on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

– The Vikings pay $18 million annually in state and local taxes? A report from Convention, Sports & Leisure said a new stadium and the retention of the Vikings will generate $26 million annually in tax revenue.

– The Metrodome was built for $55 million total, including $33 million in public dollars..The State of Minnesota contributed none of this money, but has received $304 million in tax revenue since the Metrodome opened

10. By animal26 on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

this is off topic, but is there any chance the Vikings bring back Benny Sapp? He’s better then Asher Allen is horrible and bringing back Benny Sapp would be an upgrade to our secondary core.

11. By animal26 on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

This is off topic, but is there a chance the Vikings bring back Benny Sapp? He’s better then Asher Allen, who is horrible and Benny Sapp would upgrade our secondary core.

12. By Twoodsnvikes on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

After watching him get burned by T Brady all night Monday he would fit right in with our secondary again

13. By DRS on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

.Vikings, is this the last year you are in Minnesota?

I P-R-A-Y that Minnesota will stop playing games with this team and get the job done now!

14. By DRS on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

Individual player introductions, maybe a fan pleaser but will it make the player better. Who knows but I think it is time that the NFL should consider the fans more than they do, the lock out did not help their image at all. SKOL Vikings.

15. By Rocksalt on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

Well, if this fires up our team, then I am all for it.
    DRS- Sadly the stadium issue has become a joke. History suggests that the citizens of MN will let the team go……then at some later date, bring back another team for continued years of medicrity……

16. By ozzinator on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt, send back your tax cut and cheer up.

17. By Rocksalt on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

ozzinator-
    give it up, man……your routine needs new material. Can’t the tea party of no come up with anything new or constructive?
    NO NEW TAXES….JUST RAISE USER FEES…..GUESS WHAT? Taxes pay for all types infrastructure necessary for civilized life….Art Museums, Theatre, Symphony Orchestra, parks, etc.
    Taxes, an the corporate tax loopholes, support many ventures both non-profit and commercial.
    The Wilfs have put their contributions on the table:
    fact: Vikes are 5th in league in spending
    fact: Vikes are 30th in league in revenue
    fact: The Metrodump is emabarrassingly outdated
    TIME TO QUIT BEING ANTI-PROGRESS and get the deal done!

18. By ozzinator on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt-
    Anti-progress? You mean anti-liberal don’t you?
    What about your worn out routine. Tax and spend, tax and spend, tax and spend. All under the fallacy that it’s for necessary services or civil infrastructure. Art museums, theatre, orchestra………give me a break!
    Whatever whacko.

19. By true viking fan on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

you guys are killin me with this goin to la talk, if they leave it will be the saddest day of my life

20. By AlbinoSnowman on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

I hope this is still going on when I make my pilgrimage to the dome next year.

21. By Rocksalt on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

Wacko like M Bachman……….
    BTW my taxes go for infrastucture……wake up and smell the coffee!

22. By Ted Brown 23 on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

I agree with you true viking fan.If the Vikings leave it will be a kick in my heart. I’ve supported the MINNESOTA VIKINGS my entire life ,heck they are a way of life to me and my family,friends,co-workers.I can’t imagine autum and winter Sundays without them. WAKE UP STATE LEADERS AND GET THIS STADIUM ISSUE RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. By Justin F on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

This is exactly why the VIKINGS HAVE TO STAY IN MN. The revenue generated by the new stadium will GO THROUGH THE ROOF after it’s built.

24. By Joelle on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

There is a group of 4 in my family coming in from Wyoming and another 5 coming up from Rochester for the Detroit game. I can NOT wait. My first Vikings game at age 32 but been a fan ALL my life :)

25. By Frederick Jones on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

@the DRS,

You sir are correct. Imagine the lift it would give the Vikings players if they knew that they were getting a new stadium, and staying in Minnesota.

Their families would like to know::::Will we be living in LA, Arizona, Florida, Nova Scotia, or MN next year??????

Gee, Jared Allen was critical of the stadium. Now I think I agree with his stance.

26. By Brad on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

I can say this much about the stadium issue and LA. I live in Cali, but a life long Vikings fan, and from what I have been hearing out this way is that the Chargers are the go to team for going to LA. The Chargers would be worth more money and they are expected to move because of the stadium issue(s) and other issue(s). LA is pressing for San Diego Chargers to move out to LA instead of the Vikings.

27. By campfrazier on Sep 15, 2011 | Reply

bunch of jack wagons on capitol hill here in Minnesota, just build the dang stadium already. us Electricians need some work, arrrrrrrgghhh!

28. By CALVIKING on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

LIVE IN CALIF., BEEN A VIKING FAN SINCE 1968 SEASON; THE LA RAMS HERE ALWAYS HAD A “HOLLYWOOD HEX” ON THEM IT SEEMED; RAMS AND VIKINGS BOTH HAD POWERFUL DEFENSES, BUT RAMS ALWAYS LOST PLAYOFFS TO THE VIKES. IF THEY DIDN’T PLAY THE VIKES IN FIRST ROUND, THEY WOULD THEN LOSE TO DALLAS.

I HOPE THE VIKINGS GET THEIR STADIUM AND STAY IN MINNESOTA–THERE’S A HEX WAITING HERE FOR THE NEXT NFL TEAM!!! VIKINGS BELONG IN THE FRIGID NORTH COUNTRY!!! ITS A “NATURAL”. YOUR POLITICIANS OUT THERE SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO EARN THEIR PAY. GET THE NEW STADIUM DONE!!

GO VIKES!!

29. By Jake on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

the sad part is that the average minnesotan wont be able to afford season tickets. three rows of luxury boxes instead of 1 all the sideline seats become premium seating which I am sure will double ticket prices. I dont agree with all the “high end” upgrades which obviously arent with the everyday joe fan in mind. Corperate minnesota (metro) will own the seating

30. By Jake on Sep 16, 2011 | Reply

the buck fifty ticket on the fifty yard line will now be up in the nosebleeds.

31. By ripteflon on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply

Look if they cant win dont give them a stadium get them the F*** out of here and get a better team THEY HAVE NO RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. By ripteflon on Sep 17, 2011 | Reply