Vikings, Peterson Agree To Contract Extension

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 10, 2011 – 12:53 pm

Vikings fans have had the thrill of watching Adrian Peterson for the last four seasons as he’s virtually re-written the record books. Now, Vikings fans can be assured that they’ll have the thrill of watching Peterson continue his assault on opposing defenses for the foreseeable future.

The Vikings and Peterson have agreed to a contract extension that will keep #28 in Minnesota for years to come. The announcement of Peterson’s signing comes only days after the Vikings were also able to sign rising star LB Chad Greenway to an extension.

The Vikings 1st-round draft pick from 2007, Peterson has become one of the most decorated players in team history in a short time. He holds the NFL single-game rushing record with 296 yards against San Diego in 2007, is tied for the Vikings career rushing TDs record with 52 and has 4 of the top 5 single game and single-season rushing marks in team history. Peterson is 2nd in Vikings history to Robert Smith in career rushing yards and career 100-yard rushing games and is on pace to pass Smith in both of those categories this season.

Peterson has been a Pro Bowler each of his 4 seasons, earned 2007 Offensive Rookie of the Year honors, has earned Associated Press All-Pro honors in 2007, 2008 and 2009, was named the Bert Bell Award winner in 2008 by the Maxwell Club, was selected as the Vikings Offensive MVP by his teammates in 2007 and 2008 and in 2010 earned a spot on the 50 Greatest Vikings squad.

Vikings Owners Zygi and Mark Wilf share in the fans’ excitement to have Peterson aboard for the long-term.

“Adrian’s performances on the field have given fans so much excitement since he first joined us as a rookie. His talent and determination are remarkable and we are proud to have him be a part of the family for years to come. We are excited that in the past week we have been able to lock up Chad Greenway and Adrian for the long term. Both players have come up in our system and are the foundation to the future of the Vikings.” – Zygi Wilf

“Adrian has given everything he has on the field for the past four years and has earned the respect of teammates, alumni and fans during that span. He is the kind of cornerstone you can build a franchise around and he is perfectly suited for leading our team into the future.” – Mark Wilf

Tags:
Posted in All | 100 Comments »

100 Responses to “Vikings, Peterson Agree To Contract Extension”

1. By GoVikes on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I’m worried about how much the contract was worth, but I’m glad that we finally got it done. LDT has proved that running backs don’t always lose their steam.

2. By Erik the Red on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I’m not worried, because whatever the Vikings pay him, is what he should get. In fact, I’m thrilled that he has his contract extension, makes sure that he stays a Viking!

3. By coyote261 on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

was reading a post by a buffalo bills fan earlier who stated that the vikings would get their butts handed to them this sunday and that next year peterson would split from the vikings as soon as he could next year …..well mr buffalo fan your wrong about peterson what else might you be wrong about

4. By Erik the Red on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Even if the Vikings do lose this Sunday, Idk how that would effect Peterson’s decision to stay with the Vikes, and anyway, it’s just one game as it is. All in all, its irrelevant now, and all wishful thinkers can shut up :D Skol Vikings!

5. By sharon on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Thank you God for answering my prayers.

6. By GoVikes on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I’m just worried based on cap issues.

7. By purplehorn on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

A.P. transcends the franchise tag. This guy is who you build championships around. Glad that A.P. is still a Viking. We need him big time.

8. By Viking Joe on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

It’s about time !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. By VegasVike on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Yay!!!

10. By Thomas A. on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Well deserved!! AP needs to retire a VIking!!!

11. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Best move the Vikings have made in recent memory.

12. By kevinwi on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

nice! 7 years $100M….keeps his 10.72M franchise tender this year (so our cap number doesn’t change) the same which makes the extension 6 years $89M w/ $36M guaranteed.
    He’ll be a Viking until he retires or until his great years are behind him.

13. By Shawn on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREENWAY AND PETERSON … GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. By Vking56 on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Now we just need to build a place for AP to play in,,,,,,,

15. By Benjamin on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

hope he doesn’t get the joe mauer bug

16. By CA Norwegian on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

AP -’All Paid’ Amen.

17. By Emmanuel on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

$100 million!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. By Aceviking on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. By Ted Brown 23 on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

AWESOME!!!!!! This man is a horse.SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. By ohiovikesfan on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

LOVE IT !! now that the vikes have secured AP, they need to somehow secure a new stadium in minnesota !! that’s a priority !! it should ALWAYS be the MINNESOTA VIKINGS. then a few super bowls would be awesome !! PURPLE AND GOLD !! SKOL VIKINGS !!

21. By VegasVike on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

7 year $100M – $36 M guar

22. By Rogerthevikefan on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

7 years 96 million with 36 million guranted. One heck of a pay day. Vikings for life.

23. By Vikieman56 on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. By Viking-ology on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Well deserved!

25. By PAUL M. on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

ADRIAN AS A VIKING HAS BEEN PRICELESS! A TRUE CLASSIC — AND YES — #28 IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!

THERE’S NOT A SINGLE QB IN THE NFL — FROM PEYTON MANNING TO TOM BRADY WHO WOULDN’T FOAM AT THE MOUTH TO HAVE ADRIAN PETERSON BEHIND HIM.

THE OTHER KEY PART TO THE CAP IS THAT WE DUMPED McKINNIE’S HUGE SALARY.

IF & WHEN ADRIAN HAS A SOLID O-LINE BLOCKING FOR HIM, HE MIGHT AS WELL BE DUBBED “THE ANGEL OF DEATH” BY DEFENSES!

26. By Viking-ology on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Now I’d like to see a repeat performance from AP like the last time they played!

27. By RR on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

AP gonna run all over SD defense and silence the critics like he did last time in 2007! AP- all paid, now time to silence the critics

28. By chrisbergq on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

great news! ap going to get his roll on this sunday.

29. By vikings fan1955 on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

this just shows how the way the team is runn has changed they have signed greenway and ap and both are needed greatly at their respective positions. I see great this ahead this yr and in the future for this team. We have great players, great coaches that the guys want to play for and it seems they have confidence in themseleves. What they need now is the vikng nations full support from the start. I’m from toledo ohio and have been a fan since 72 and that will never change I will die a diehard vikings fan win or loose.

30. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

31. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

32. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

33. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

That sound you hear from the faraway North-East is me applauding !!!!!!

34. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

35. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

36. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

37. By Viking Joe on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I thought it was 8 year 100 million, with 36 guaranteed? Can someone explain this to me? Ignorance is bliss !!!

38. By RR on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

AP Put the Chargers to sleep on Sunday

39. By Viking-ology on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Tomorrows game will tell alot about the Vikings season. But unlike all the front-runner critics, I believe the Vikes will have a good season. I think Frazier has set a new ‘tone’ for the team. I’ll go one step further- The Vikings will win the Superbowl within the next 4 years, AP will help bring the title to Minnesota. (Now get the deal done on a stadium)!!!

40. By Viking Joe on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Channel 713, 713 HD, for us non- Minnesota viewers who have DirecTV !!

41. By moorevikes on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Thank you Zigi and Mark Wilf. Now we just have to wait and hope that the residents of Sota do the right thing to make sure he actually stays stays in Mn. If not I say good riddance and move the team. Congrats All Day you deserve every penny. 100% class act thru out this whole thing, unlike Chris Johnson.

42. By VikeFan on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Congratulations Mr. Peterson, Thank you for staying a Viking. On to the Superbowl. Go VIKINGS!

43. By bleeding purple on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

This is the best move the Vikings have ever made period……………………

44. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Why does this article have no meat? It is a plate of light straw french fries. What is the content and details of the contract? COME ON!

45. By Alex on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I am glad we got that done and out of the way. If we got any money left over we should go and get some good wide outs in free agency. I think we need to go out and get a few good corners to play on the team. We need a Superbowl win this year guys let go. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VIKNGS.

46. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Vikings 56, Chargers 13

47. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Vikings sweep the Packers!!!

48. By Bob Saget on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Bossly move by the vikes, AP will break his own single game rushing record against the chargers

49. By Twoodsnvikes on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I think the Wilfs and the org have done a pretty decent job with personnel, I hope that they keep trying hard to put all the right pieces together over the next 2 years so AP comes away with at least one ring in his prime, it would be a shame if the best running back of all time comes away with out at least one

50. By vikings fan1955 on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

If we blow san diego out tomorrow it will be a bold statement for all and I believe we will do just that. We have all the tools to do it.

51. By Parody on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus – I completely agree. Once I saw the article, the only thing I cared about was the specifics of the deal – length, bonus, total pay. The article ate up more than 400 words and failed to mention these crucial details at all!

I guess I’ll just be watching ESPN all night now to hear the results from a credible source…

52. By Mike B. on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Great job getting AP to a long term contract. Shows that the Wilfs are in with the team in the long run. Now it’s time to win the game.

53. By Mike B. on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Vikings Daily is reporting 8 yrs 100 M 34M guaranteed. Nice payday.

54. By Parody on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Mike B – That makes three contradictory reports. Two have said seven years, one at 100M and the other 96M. Your 8-year 100M deal is the appealing, since it’s for the longest term and breaks down to the least yearly cost, (better for salary cap). However, the best interpretation is rarely representative of the final result.

55. By Parody on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

…is the MOST appealing…

56. By Huy on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

7 years, $100 millions, $36 millions guaranteed

57. By Parody on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Quote stolen from Vikings Gab:
    Adrian Peterson – “Today is an incredible day. Minnesota’s where I want to be and I’m excited to continue playing for you.”

Class act all the way. He’s the best running back the game has ever seen and he still remains humble about everything. Meanwhile, I’m sure that CJ2K already has ordered personally designed bling with “$53.5 Rocks!” encrested on it in giant letters.

58. By Carl K on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus- Do I need to bop you upside da head? Wobby and the Vikings will never disclose contract money details! That is just classless!

Did your mommy take your bike away from you agian? Ya, sorry… but I picture you as a bratty little smart kid.

Your pessimism towards Mike is amusing. Prove to me you are a great writer by adding something a little more compelling than your “barooooooo” and your constant pessimism directed at Mike.

Just telling me over and over agian that you are a professional writer and a Viking fan is not going to gain my respect. Write something worth reading, and I will let you pick on Wobby.

“Barooooooooo” is well below professional writing. You can’t fool me. Titus, you need to show me professional writing or…. shut the front door! (that is the clean version)

59. By Parody on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

BTW – that quote was within the article titled “Adrian Peterson Locked Up Long Term”

I got a great laugh from a person who commented on this title:
    VSU Blazerlady says:
    September 10, 2011 at 6:07 pm
    What a relief……when I first saw the headline, I thought he had been arrested….

60. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

In 22 hours the NFL world will be discussing whether the Vikes are for real or not after they cream the Chargers. By week 5, at 5-0, Sportscenter will be yapping night and day about Peterson, McNabb, etc. Blah, blah, blah. Unbelievers.

61. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Parody, I knew you would find this article lacking as well.

62. By Mike B. on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Ya’ll leave Mike W alone I think he does a fine job keeping us Fanatics informed of what’s going on. He doesn’t get all the offical dope right away either. If he didn’t clear up the chaff around here we wouldn’t know what’s going on at all. You keep it up Mike W. you’re doing a fine job by me.

63. By Parody on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Mike B & Carl K – I don’t think it’s bad to try to suggest improvements. Personally, I’ve tried to do so constructively, but sometimes it’s hard to appear constructive in this context.

The fact of the matter is that a person could find the news that AP signed a new long-term deal screaming all across the internet right now. The difference is that I trust the team’s personal website to contain the most up-to-date and trustworthy material.

It seems too obvious that the majority of the hardcore fans want to know the specifics of the deal as soon as possible. So it would be considerate, at the least, to recognize that issue by stating something along the lines of “the final terms of deal have not yet been released, but we’ll post them as soon as they are.”

64. By Carl K on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Parody- You have earned the right to pick on Wobby. You put a lot of effort into this blog.

65. By Mike B. on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I think Mike W does a great job interface with us and he really doesn’t have too. If the team wants to make the specifics of the deal in the open they would let it out offically. I can’t remember seeing actual numbers from any deal discussed on this website. I might be wrong though. I just have emailed Mike W for his Monday Morning Mailbag and he has always taken time to respond to me. Even if he doesn’t use my email in the article. I appreciate his point of view even if I don’t agrea with him. I would hate to have him quit responding to us due some trying to impove a good website. Just my opinion.

66. By vikings fan1955 on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

titus we agree on this totally and and now I ask u do u see a better BB in the preseason compared to the pat yes it has to transend to regular season and it wil and with harvin and jenkins AP will have field days all yr.

67. By Frederick Jones on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

THE VIKINGS DEFENSIVE LINE MUST get their hands up WHEN RUSHING THE PASSER. The current Vikings defensive line does not do this.

If we can’t sack the Qb at least harass them ! ! !

68. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Mike B, when everyone stops criticizes and making suggestions to, and about, the players and coaches, I will refrain from critiquing the writing and upkeep of this site. I have the credentials and experience to back up my remarks– most of the bloggers do not, because, few of them are players or coaches in the NFL. So, cool down, man.

69. By Parody on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Carl, but please don’t view it from the standpoint that I’m picking on him. I’m simply identifying areas that could use improvement.

70. By used2purplefailure on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

NICE JOB! Adrian deserves it. It’s refreshing to have a Vikings star that has class on and off the field. He doesn’t even hit police officers with his car and I have yet to see him squirt a ref with a water bottle.

I am a little worried though. They got rid of two of the most overpaid, underachieving players in Fat-MAC and M Williams. They have paid out to two of the best vikings with amazing attitudes. Now all they have left is to dump Butterfingers Berrian and replace him with someone who cares.

As a Vikings fan I can’t help but to find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop…
    L.A. Vikings keeps running through my mind…

71. By VegasVike on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Congrats to AP for handling himself like a man and getting the pay off for it. Hopefully other players will see the difference in how he handled himself versus CJ and see the value. Fitzgerald too, he did the right thing

72. By Arrow86 on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Next up a new stadium!!! Hopefully. AP is worth it, I just hope we don’t have too much tied up in his contract to add needed pieces to the puzzle.

Would Singletary and Pagac ever consider a 3-4 scheme defensively. If they do, the Vikes 1st round pick next year should be the outside linebacker #20 of the Iowa Hawkeyes. That guy is a beast and puts the wood to people.

Let’s hope the Vikes get a quick start on San Diego tomorrow. I think the Vikes will be full of suprises with Harvin playing, and hopefully they unveil a couple of plays from the “Blazer” package.

73. By Mike B. on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

@Titus I could give a rip about your credentials. I am a long time Vikings Fan. Mike W does a fine job with the site. Maybe you should back off bud.

74. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Bud? Someone drinking or smoking?

75. By Bigfan1 on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

A mind boggling contract, great to have AP with the Vikes for many years to come.

76. By Titus on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

A Purple dynasty has been created– long time coming.

77. By DuaneN on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Oh really? Very nice.

78. By Childress on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

Whos Adrian Peterson?

79. By Parody on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I just realized I posted this on the wrong article:

Ok, Sports Center finally got to it and declared that the deal was 7-years, $96M, with $36M guaranteed. The reporter said something along the lines that it could increase to as much as $100M, but didn’t expand upon the comment, so he could have just been rounding up. It seemed like less than 30-seconds that was spent on the story overall, meaning there wasn’t much time to say hardly anything.

80. By TheILVikeFan on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

I have a football signed by AD… Now I won’t have to burn it!!!

81. By vikings fan1955 on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

HOW STUPID WOULD IT HAVE BEEN TO BURN A BALL SIGNED BY AP IF HE LEFT ALL THAT WOULD SAY IS THERE WERE TO DUMMIES YOU AND WIF WIF FOR NOT SIGNING THE BEST BACK EVER AND ALSO A GUY THAT GAVE ALL TO HIS TEAM AND U FOR LETTING SOMETHING EVEN NON VIKING FANS WOULD CHERISH GO TO WASTE.

82. By vikings fan1955 on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

sOMETIMES iI THINK PEOPLE COMEON HERE TO SAY STUPID THINGS TO GET A REACTION AND THATS SAD i CAN TAKE THE THINGS FANS SAY AS FAR AS HOW THEY FEEL THE TEAM LOOKS AND HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT CERTAIN MOVES BUT WHEN I HEAR PURE STUPID THINGS I JUST WISH I COULD SEE THE FACE OF THE PERSON THAT MADE THE STUPID REMARK SO I COULD TAKE THEM AND GET THEM PROFESSIONAL HELP.tHERE ARE MANY REASONS PLAYERS LEAVE A TEAM AND IF YOU FEEL WHEN A PLAYER LEAVES A TEAM HE LEAVES NOT HAVING A PART OF THAT TEAM IS HIS HEART YOU ARE WRONG. u WOULD NOT STAY IN A JOB WHERE YOU AREN’T PAID FAIRLY FOR YOUR SERVICES WHY SHOULD ap OR ANY OTHER PLAYER. SOMETIMES FANS SHOULD READ THEIR POST BEFORE THEY SEND IT TO BE SURE IT MAKES SENSE.

83. By Titus on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

vikings fan 1955, if I had half of one penny for all the stupid remarks I hear, I would have more money than Gates and Buffet combined. Live and let learn. And when people get nasty in their replies, it really is telling of their own insecurities. They need help indeed. And a big hug.

84. By Carl K on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

Contract details is NOT an area that needs to improve on this website! Would you want your employer to blog about you and your co-workers salary situation?

85. By Jeffbleedspurple on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

Will this news is a breathe of fresh air, pretty much means a sure thing that another Viking will make it in to the Hall of Fame, I just hope AP gets to have a ring or 2 on his resume. As far as the specifics of the deal, i really don’t think this matters, we all know he is worth whatever he got, he will remain in purple and that’s all the details I need to know. As far as money matters go, the only details I want to hear about is about 1 billion for a new stadium.
    SKOL VIKINGS!!

86. By Parody on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

Carl – The NFL is very different from most employers. It is a public entity, which is held to different standards. I wouldn’t want people chasing me down with pens and flashing cameras every time I visited the convenience store for a snack, but if I were an NFL superstar I would understand it and accept it.

Besides, how would it hurt you if people were able to find the terms of your salary inside a blog? Privacy is the only excuse I can think of, which I could rant about for a while, but I’ll leave it to the following; every NFL player (or any other figure of public interest for that matter) throws the luxury of privacy out the window once they begin their career.

87. By sandiamond on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

good post Carl K! if these two bloggies can’t be positive on game day then we don’t want them here at least today anyway imo

6 hours till kickoff! Go Vikes

88. By sandiamond on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

Welcome Allen Reisner! he made the team afterall and is sloted to be in today’s game plan. gltu

89. By sandiamond on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

91 posts here, we need a game day blog Mike W!

90. By Parody on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

sandiamond – You need to rearrange your thoughts. My request for details is in no way a negative comment. Some people might be content with mediocrity, but why should that mean that everyone HAS to accept it?

Now I believe your comment is very out of order, and worded in such a way that the intent appears to be to cause a conflict, which makes it self contradictory. But I’m not the type of person who walks around the public library and tells a couple of the most frequent visitors that they’re not welcome because a couple of the people who walked in the door aren’t pleased with their appearance.

91. By Parody on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

By sandiamond on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

91 posts here, we need a game day blog Mike W!

How is this request different from asking for details about AP’s contract?
    Seems pretty hypocritical to me…just saying…

92. By Firedodger on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

Wow…nice contract Adrian…do you still feel like the NFL is treating you like a slave?

93. By Titus on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

Parody, they don’t and won’t understand sound reason, let it be. See the reply to my comment about my credentials? The reply did not comprehend the implied argument I was making— had nothing to do with boasting on my experience. Nothing, but the blogger did not understand one iota.

94. By sandiamond on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

Parody the post had nothing to do with you guys. There are 3 other blogs now. I was just worried this AP contract blog was the last one today before kickoff and it would be a mile long to read during the game

95. By sandiamond on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

wild game so far score 7-7

96. By sandiamond on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

Yesssssss J allen nice dropback to help with pass protection and Rivers eats some dirt!

97. By Lorrie Kantor on Sep 12, 2011 | Reply

this is great now all we need is Percy to a great big contract

98. By John on Nov 16, 2011 | Reply

I wonder how the vikings was doing this year since Farve is no longer playing. I see now why peterson is staying. Peterson is the best running back in the NFL. I wish the viking would have won the super bowl when they had more of a chance, I think Peterson deserves a super bowl ring. I’m glad he is playing for the vikings but think if he went to Pittsburgh.

2. Sep 10, 2011: Adrian Peterson Agrees to Contract Extension With Vikings « The Viking Age | A Minnesota Vikings blog
  3. Sep 10, 2011: Adrian Peterson Signs Minnesota Vikings Contract Extension