Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 2, 2011 – 12:44 pm

Training camp and the preseason are over and the regular season is right around the corner. You must have questions. We have answers.

To submit a comment or question, send an email to me at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net. You can also submit your comment or question in the comments section below this entry.

Remember to include your name and town on the comment/email. We can’t post every comment/question, but we’ll try to answer each question.

Tags:

53 Responses to “Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions”

1. By Taylor on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Hey Wob, love the blog.

With Kevin Williams dealing with his foot injury, I feel like this two game suspension really plays into the vikings hands in regards of getting him healthy and back on the field. That said, who should we expect to fill in for him? Should we expect Ballard, or with Awasom making such a case for himself, might they start Robison on the inside, and play Awasom at end?

2. By Darnell T on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

what is the likelyhood that we can sign both chad greenway an AP before they hit the free agent market w/o using the tag on peterson nxt year? (really wanna see both players locked in long term before this season is done)

3. By mnsoldier on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Trade/cut him, he is going to be a weight around the neck of the D, get rid of the old players who are on the border of decline and sign younger stronger faster guys.

4. By Ambrose on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Sure seems like Lance Briggs would be an instant upgrade and a move the Vikings should seriously consider trading for…Is there a way we could clear some cap space to make this possible? Perhaps cutting and/or throwing in a player w/ a large contract that we simply dont need? (Kleinsasser) (Berrian) (Farwell)

5. By Ambrose on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

(Camarillo)

6. By Ambrose on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Quit trying to spare feelings and make your team better!!!!!
    3.0m
    3.9m
    2.6m
    1.7m

11.2m of freed up space to cut these jokers

7. By vikefan1969 on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

How many of these guys can we slip to the PS? As in not the numbe …but the number of ones that don’t get stolen before or after?

And sure wish the Board worked for me…have signed up but the email verify wont come in to my box, not even as a spam.

8. By Dave on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

We should trade for lance Briggs and put him at lolb that would be a good move. How likely are we to get him?

9. By mnsoldier on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Briggs would be a tremendous gain for us, however I dont think the bears would allow him to be traded with in the same division even though several of our former players went to the bears of the years without any heartache from the vikings.

10. By mnsoldier on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Give them gerhardt, and next years second round. or the first if it take that to get him.

11. By animal26 on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Why would the Vikings consider giving gerhart away mnsolider? that would really be a bad idea.

12. By Viking Joe on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

The Bears aren’t going to trade Briggs to the Vikings, that’s nonsense.

13. By vikoholic on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Anybody heard anything about the cuts to the 53 man roster yet?

14. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Mike W., I was wondering if I could get my name in the “tags” section, along with Favre, Childress and many others who also don’t work for the Vikings?

15. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

If you keep them there long enough, you can add their obituaries to their tags.

16. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

If I click on “Benny Sapp”, does it list his grandchildren’s names??

17. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Come on, if Childress can make it, why not Les Steckel?

18. By Taylor on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Just curious, do Vikings players still make appearances for autograph sessions anytime during the season? I looked it up but the only thing I found was one of Gerhart from last season. Thanks!

19. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Taylor, I think Benny Sapp does, but you have to go to Miami to get it.

20. By VegasVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Where are you finding the alumni names listed? I looked but can’t find them?

21. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Top right-hand side, Vegas. It’s bad luck to have Childress’ name on this site.

22. By Viking Joe on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Where is the Dennis Green or Jerry Burns tag?

23. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Or Osama….he doesn’t work for tha Vikings either.

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Let’s get Richard Nixon’s name on there!!!!!!

25. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Maybe one of you guys who live in the beautiful State of Minnesota can explain something to me. I have checked out all the other NFL team’s web sites.NONE of them have a web site that is so lacking in updates. Why is McNabb’s name there in small letters, and Childress’ in LARGE letters?

26. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

JUST THINK ABOUT THIS>>>>>WE CAN ADD MCNABB’S NAME BUT WE CAN’T GET RID OF CHILDRESS’?????????????????

27. By VegasVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Seahawks game is starting! Maybe we could invent a TJack drinking game real quick?

28. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

I’ve got a head-start on you Vegas, it’s 11 pm. here.

29. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Actually, 11.30, but I’ve been drinking.

30. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

TJ……Nice drive.

31. By VegasVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often

32. By NovaScotiaVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

I was being sarcastic, Vegas….You just KNOW he’s throwing a pick!

33. By VegasVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Ok, that was nice

34. By VegasVike on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Oh sorry, I was on the phone didn’t see the pick, guess I better take a drink

35. By Vernon on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Mike W. Have you heard of the Vikings scanning waiver wires to nab up any Young Safties to help out the secondary..?.. Seems as safty is the weakist link to the Vikings pretty solid D. And is there Any possiblity that the Vikings pursue an established safty from a Team looking to cut or reduce their own Salary figure for the 2011 season? I only ask, because this Year, the Vikings are “supposedly” a championship caliber team(I dont see it yet!) but with the safty situation as poor as it is, there is hardly any hope for the Play-offs. Thanks.

36. By billy on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Guys I’m way ahead of you. I live in Indonesiaa now and it is 12 hours ahead of cst. so the noon games are at midnight for me. I have a cousin with a slingbox and get all the cable chanels he has. Would like a bigger screen but 17″ i computer s ok.
    I;m so excited with what I have seen with the coaching staff and there communication with the players. I do believe AP goes for 2000 yards this year and the offence will be very exciting to watch.

37. By Taylor on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Just my opinion, but as good as he is, Lance Briggs is 30 years old, and trying to renegotiate the front end of his contract in-case he doesn’t play much longer. I can’t see the vikings being willing to trade what the bears will want for him, .

38. By vikes for life on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

i think they should pick up brandon Meriweather off waivers hed be a good pick up at saftey

39. By chris on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Vikes need safety help, they need to go after Merriweather.

40. By VegasVike on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Maybe on Meriweather… Why would the pats cut him right after a pro bowl season? There might be more to that story, we don’t need another ex-pat vomiter… Vomitor? vomiteer?

41. By vikes for life on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

what if terral owens got sighned be the vikes that could be a good sighning for them

42. By VegasVike on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

I agree with that, if he didn’t perform adios! I’m sure there is some chemistry between him and Mc. I know there was some issues in the past but I think I read somewhere Mc is over it

43. By vikes for life on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

yea and terral would be are deep threat that we were lookin for

44. By Sam W on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

The vikings need to acquire merriweather from the pats to beef up the secondary.

45. By Purple 4 Ever on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Why isnt Briggs not here yet?

46. By Purple 4 Ever on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Super Bowl Baby!!!!!!

47. By Jeff L on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Hey Mike, what are the chances the Vikings will go for Merriweather? Everyone knows our secondary needs help, and having a probowl safety on the team would be an instant and obvious upgrade.

48. By Jeff L on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Mike, of the guys cut, which of them do you see getting resigned onto the practice squad? It would be great to get guys like Jaymar Johnson and Caleb King back for possible use in the future.

49. By Tim on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Now that you’ve cut some of these productive seasoned vets with higher salaries, what are you gonna spend that money on? Whats the status on a Adrian Peterson contract, will he be locked in before the regular season starts? Thanks Tim Mc.
    P.S. Who will get signed to our practice squad?

50. By miltrain on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

why is it that i keep seeing all these receivers going elsewhere, a major db was just released and signed by a division rival, and some great lineman are still being signed, yet the vikings are just sitting idle with HUGE HOLES in all of those areas…what are we doing? sitting here idle while the bears keep getting better… this is frustrating.

51. By David P on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

I guess the vikings want the first pick in next year’s draft. Or since they do so well in practice that is all that is needed. Please get rid of BB, Allen and Cook. All washed up. My question is how can we keep Allen and Cook and let Farwell go?

52. By CP7FTW on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Hey Mike.

Is there any way the Vikings could land Darren Sharper for another season?

53. By Joe Brenny on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

As a season ticket holder, it’s frustrating to hear Jared Allen say I want to take on the Packers then head to the Super Bowl.

I think Coach Frazier ought to remind Jared Allen and the Vikings not to overlook their current opponent. Play as if each and every game IS the Su;per Bowl. Then we’ll finally get there.

Thank you for keeping your penalties to a minimum. They sure break a positive momentum to the game!