Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 28, 2011 – 6:06 am

Preseason game #3 is in the books and we’re now one step closer to the regular season.

With all that’s happened from training camp through three-quarters of the preseason, you must have questions and I know you have opinions.

So let’s hash it all out in the Monday Morning Mailbag.

To submit a comment or question, send an email to me at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net. You can also submit your comment or question in the comments section below this entry.

Remember to include your name and town on the comment/email. We can’t post every comment/question, but we’ll try to answer each question.

Tags:

125 Responses to “Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions”

1. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I liked how the vikings played aggresive defense, but why is coach pagac blitzing on 3rd and 6 or short sending the whole house besides the safties, I think the vikings are too predictable on defense when they blitz and too much hesitation no heat or pressure. Cedric mckinley put on a good show on the defensive front should be taken seriously hope he makes this team. Cedric griffen was struggling he needs to step up and take better angles. Better tackling with the first unit. No pressure for the d-line nobody showed up on the defensive line starters.

2. By Frederick Jones on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

There was a lot of laughter on the sidelines by McNabb, and company.

That seems like a bad place to do it, when you are losing, even if it was just an exhibition game.

At this point, the Vikings have no reason to feel satisfied. If they don’t get there sssstufff together soon, it’s going to be a long season.

You have to be upset with how the defensive line played. There has to be some way to apply pressure on a quarterback. Without it, we might as well move to LA ! !

3. By Vike Fan in Tampa on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

New season but lots of the same issues seem to be carrying over from last year. We don’t know how to consistently close a drive out and get “7” on Offense and on Defense there is a lack of pressure from the D Line and our Back End is thin and short on NFL starting quality talent…especially at Safety. The D is especially troublesome in that we cannot seem to hold a team on 3rd and long and get off the field. My question is there any hope that this team is going to cure what seems to be the same problems year in and year out..namely getting TD’s and covering WR’s and sacking QB’s on 3rd and long?

4. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I like how ap is running he’s more elusive and patient, he has very clear vision of the field coach saxon is doing a nice job of getting these running backs doing well.

5. By Rush on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

nybody see detroits defense and Sue reaking havic an we could have had him??? id u see our D line reaking havic ?? umm no, we better hope we out score teams which I doubt , poor AP is goin to get pounded, can we say 6-10 again!!!

6. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

We will need to outscore opponents our defense is suspect they melt in pressure, I don’t know if our offense is capable of scoring like the saints couple seasons ago but they also had a horrid defense the offense had to outscore to keep the pressure of the defense.

7. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

colts and saints won the superbowl with high octane offenses so it could be done with a potent offense, I just don’t know how consistent this club will be week in and week out. I like the run and gun offense that was on display last night but we have to get rid of turnovers and play smart football to get in the playoffs.

8. By Bigfan1 on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Again, it boils down to errors, without the two turnovers we would’ve won the game.

9. By Drew Puzia on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I would like to know, If there are plans to throw the ball to Peterson and get him out in the open field. The thought of him with the ball in the open field has got to be scary for any defense.

10. By Mike B. on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

@Fred I agree with you on the sideline jokes and stuff. It isn’t tolerated in a regular season game and shouldn’t be during preseason. We were losing, so all those not playing should be supporting the guys on the field. I saw that on the telecast too wasn’t impressed.

11. By DRS on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

When, (if ever), will the Vikings get a D-secondary player who can cover the best receivers of the opposing team? All the time you, (The Vikings), are giving them 5+ yards of room to make their moves! Come on get a secondary for once!

12. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I like mcnabbs swag he’s always smiling and laughing, he’s the leader of this club I don’t want to see a leader wearing panic on his sleeves the players rub off of it..

13. By CA_Viking_Fan on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I wasn’t able to see the game …

Did it seem the team as a whole played intense every play till the whistle blew and for the full game? I’m looking for the coaching staff to change the underachieving and absence of killer instinct longstanding culture and I have hopes.

14. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

After mcnabb retires or let go webb should be the starter, he still needs to work on his mechanics and throwing in the pocket but his legs are just killing defenses if he can make his throws webb is going to be one dangerous qb, he reminds me of vick but I like webbs throwing motion more he seems to have a calm demeanor which is always good.

15. By NYViking on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

There was positives and negatives both ways as I watched this game. I did’nt see us getting the ball to Percy as much as I expected. I’m more concerned with the guys we have sitting out, and injured. What is the chance that Toby, Kevin, Shank, Ced, Cook, A. Herrara, Kenney O….to name a few will all be on the field going full speed? Are their absences going to create issues for game 1?

16. By TwoodsnVikes on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

It’s still concerning when Berrian seems surprised when he’s actually able to catch the ball, The touchdown was just a great throw by McNabb that BB didn’t mess up, then dropped a ball later. O line actually looked better for once so that is promising but still the same terrible secondary as always. What are we going to do against teams that have no problem spreading them out and passing the entire game like GB the colts and NE?

17. By Alex Lawson on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

How is Brian Robison looking? Is there any chance that another guy could be the starter at that position?

18. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

McNabb has incredible accuracy and velocity to his throws– quite impressive. AP is running well, behind an O line that seems much improved over last year. Defense needs a little work, but overall at the line, they were good. Great job.
    By the way, what do you want, McNabb to be stressed and have a serious pout on his face? We were down by never more than a field goal and TD — not more than 10 points– do you want a leader who shakes with anger or insecurity? If this were a regular season game, I would agree, the joking was bit overdone, but come on– the second and third stringers were in there– what is McNabb to do? Smiling is not the sign of a poor leader. Quite the opposite.

19. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Seems like most of the bloggers always find a way to criticize or minimize accomplishments. Praise motivates. criticism kills.

20. By anthony (brooklyn) on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

We are gonna be great on offense but what’s the story on our defense? With the exception of allen williams and winfeild, what can we do (pick up)? Btw I’m sold on webb more so then ponder. Go ucf!

21. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Anthony, both Webb and Ponder have a lot of ability– Webb has the advantage of playing in several games last year — one against Philly– that experience definitely helps him. Ponder is a pure rookie, and yet he shows a lot of promise– if Ponder had a couple more games against first stringers in real games, then we would have a true gauge for comparison. Right now, it is a bit hard to compare- but I was thinking at this point– how difficult to decide the number 2 QB– it is a toss of the dice at this point in my mind. Both are very talented.

22. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Fred, what are you eating lately?

23. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Berrian, I always knew you could do it!!! Behind you 100%.

24. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I don’t get why the vikes didn’t go for it on 4th and 1 the blocked kick was a missed assignment how do you let a guy leap over you. Special teams have been an eye opener so far this season very impressed, they have not allowed long returns as of yet hopeful it stays that way. I like the special teams coach, running backs coach and o-line coach a big improvement.

25. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Detroit is the most dangerous team in our division. Mark my word.

26. By Amish Golfer on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Who should be #2 QB?…You don’t want your #2 to play because that means McNabb was hurt or playing poorly. Right now we don’t know will get the job Webb or Ponder. Start the season with Webb as #3 because of the new rule allowing 3rd to be active during a game. Let him be “The Joe Webb project”. Use him for the wild cat, WR, and anything else that they can think of. The organization saves face by keeping the 1st round draft choice as a #2 and not raising questions of him being a #3 QB. Ponder gets more snaps in practice to learn and Webb gets more playing time. As for McNabb laughing on the sidelines.GET USE TO IT. That is his way. He did it all the time during Eagles games….oh yea check what the Eagles record was with him as a QB. Mcnabb will be in the running for the pro bowl. He is the only chance the Vikes have at QB to make the playoffs this year.

27. By Viking Joe on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings aren’t moving to L.A., so sick of reading that, we’ve been moving there for over a decade !!!! lmao

28. By Viking Joe on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Why because they beat the Patriots, Green Bay is the only team that worries me in the division, possibly even Chicago, Detroit not so much, maybe next year.

29. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

We have Green Bay’s number. Chicago is not as good as their record last year. Detroit has a defensive line that is nasty, no other word for it. They are very aggressive as a team for they finally are able to satisfy some of their hunger to be respected– they are a very dangerous team. They were so close in so many games last year– a couple bounces of the ball and last year they would have had 9 or 10 wins. They beat the Pack. Very dangerous team. Many intangibles make them dangerous.

30. By VegasVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Titus once again I agree with you! About the Lions, they are gonna be a force. However I’m afraid Green Bay is gonna torch our secondary. They have a talented receiving crew and much like Moss loved destroying the Cowboys, Green Bay has a bone to pick with us. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a Slacker fan in any way but I do respect them. If we split with them this year i’d be thrilled

31. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Titus I realize that you are an optimistic individual, nothing wrong with that. To say that we have the Packer’s number, however, is really stretching things, considering they beat us twice last year, outscoring us 59-21.

32. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

*59-27

33. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Nova, be real — I respect you as well, but we have to look deeper to get a true picture– last year’s games against Green Bay are not NOT at all what they appeared to be– that one game at the dome, our team laid down– 30 to 3 or whatever it was. Seriously? We played at home with AP and Favre and scored 3 points???? That was the end of Chidlress. And at Lambeau, even the officials said they goofed on Shiancoe’s TD they ruled as incomplete. We had them at Lambeau– almost everyone agrees and we did not show at all at the dome.

34. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Still, “having their number” has a hollow ring to it.

35. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Titus, you would make an amazing spin doctor.

36. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha– truly though, you have to admit, the numbers really don’t paint an accurate picture of what happened in the Packer games–numbers alone would suggest they had our number. Maybe all the more, we will be motivated to sweep them this season– and hasn’t McNabb been a Packer killer in the playoffs?

37. By sandiamond on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Miracles do happen sometimes. we are set up to pull off 2 wins against the packers along as they are not in SB form during mid-season imo. Dome 1st then after bye week

38. By John D on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I think Terrell Owens has the deep threat we are looking for to gain double coverage to either ease off of other receivers or the line itself, What are your thoughts on aquiring him as a WR?

39. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

If Owens had his act together I could see it, but that’s a HUGE “if”.

40. By VegasVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I’ve always wanted to suggest we pick up TO, seems like he could be the missing link. But I figured I’d be hazed on this site just for having the thought. Way to knot up John!

41. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Sometimes his actions in the past CONVINCED me that he was the “missing link”.

42. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Nova, pAAAleeeze!!!

43. By Frederick Jones on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B.,

I was beginning to think that I’m getting too old for this blog.

Eller, Marshall, and Page would have never stood for that stuff we saw on the sidelines DURING the game.

I know it’s pre-season but that was not classy. And they did it in front of
    our fans. I hope Frazier talks to them about it.

Save that goofy stuff for the lockerroom.

44. By Frederick Jones on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B.,

The point you made about them supporting their teammates instead of doing imitations and sssstttuff is a good one.

45. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Fred, there are a lot bigger issues in the world besides McNabb laughing.

46. By Frederick Jones on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

If it was a few laughs that would be okay, they carried on for 5 or 10 minutes!

In the 1950s and 1960s they would not have done that, because if they did the opposing team would be looking for them the next game. (and it wouldn’t be to hold their hands)

47. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

A bigger issue would be Bryant McKinnie laughing.

48. By Frederick Jones on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I have been watching the Vikings since 1968, and I have never seen such goof-ball stuff during a game.

Respect your opponent, it might come back to haunt you if you do not.

49. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Fred, I understood your point, but now you confuse me– I never saw their laughing as disrespecting their opponent– but as disrespecting themselves. I agree, it does not look professional to go overboard on the jokes when losing. If we had been winning and they were joking, then you would be right– it could come back. I think McNabb is a joyful guy– he knows where his strength originates– so relax, Freddie– we have bigger issues in the world.

50. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Am beginning to wonder if someone is impersonating Fred Jones. Fred is a positive man who sees the big picture.

51. By Frederick Jones on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

In addition you should respect your teammates and coaches. The least you can do is stand on the sidelines and give your support.

52. By Viking Joe on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

For you older Vikings fans, why not use AP more like Chuck Foreman, in other words pass to him more, get him out in space and let his ability and speed take over, I think our offense will be or should be a top 5 unit, I hope the defense can be a top 10, but that might be a stretch, though.

53. By Frederick Jones on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I don’t want another year like last year ! ! !

54. By Frederick Jones on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

@Viking Joe,

I would like to see the Vikings use A.D. as a receiver, especially if we are not running the ball well. We are very intent on using the halfbacks to help out with the p a s s blocking. Sometimes this is over done.

The Vikings used to send Foreman and Maranairo (sp) out at the same time on most p a s s i n g plays. There is no reason why that would not work today.

It would definitely help hold the rush back if A.D. makes 20 yard gains on swing p a s s e s. Booker and Gerhart also seem to do well with swing p a s s e s.

55. By John D on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I was suggesting because McNabb and Owens know each other and that can bring another great element to the game. Last time I heard McNabb wanted T.O. Back on his team citing they had gotten past their differences.. worst comes to worst owens is on as long as moss was.. but I would like to beg the differ… He’s a greats player.

56. By Tony perkins on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

With so many TE are the vikings looking to the future for Reisner?

57. By brockjn on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I really wonder what Ballard would look like at Left defensive end. Although I like Robison I dont think he’s good enough there. Ballard even though its against 2nd and 3rd teams most of the time he seems to be getting after it! Im worried about our defense because I understand we are not going to show our offense yet, you have to show your defense for the most part in preseason. And it wasnt pretty, and the only way our secondary survives is, we hammer the quarterback every play! (With in the rules of the game) I know Kevin WIlliams wasnt in there, but we have to do better against the run also and I wouldve liked to see Mistral there with the 1st team. I still like Sanford over Tyrell but those two aren’t taking the job so lets see what Mistral can do! Mistral and Ballard to start this year.

58. By Skip on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I watched bits of last night as we didn’t getthe live feed and saw some things to be pleased with but we did not stop Romo for his quick hit passing game that they were quite successful with. We need to figure out ways to get more pressure ob the QB when they use the 5 tsep drop and short curls. the secondary can’t play soft when the QB is going to be releasing it quickly. It would be nice to have enough confidence in our defensive backfield to be able to play man to man on occasion..
    Special teams need to be refined before the opener as games are lost too many times when the special team makes a gaffe. This was supposed to be a strength for us before the season started.
    Which receivewrs are going to make the team? This has got to be the toughest decision for the coaches as they have a number of kids who are hungry to play…

59. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Fred– to be fair, I was out at a CD release party of a gospel group from Togo, so I didn’t see McNabb and what he was doing– you said he was imitating the opponents? That is not good.

60. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Well, IMO-
    I see our defense as 3rd in NFC north.
    Offense has room to improve…….so they will get better…….
    I am still not buying into the IMMEDIATE release of McKinnie cuz of being overwieght……..usually teams will fine players but to cut him? Seems odd…//and I was not uncritical of Mckinnie.
    BTW fans have EVERY RIGHT to take a CRITICAL VIEW!!!!!DO NOT LET ANYONE TRY TO BELITTLE YOU FOR DOING SO!

61. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    Get off of your high horse, man!

62. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Fred has made hisobservations known and he sees issues that are of concern…….so get off his back!!!!

63. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

So Rocksalt, don’t be so arrogant to police others — I have the same right to express my views.

64. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Get off my back!!!!!

65. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobbs-
    WHY IS BRAD CHILDRESS STILL ON THE VIKINGS TAGS????????????????

66. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Step down from your high elephant!!

67. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

C,mon Titus……..I am not policing anything…..don’t be so sensitive…….

68. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

LEAVE MIKE W ALONE!!! He has been alerted to that — enough already!

69. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Really, Titus??? Do we need to continue this tirade?

70. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Rocky— I am having fun!!!

71. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

p.i.s.s. off ……….alerted to it, what is the hold up man? cant they afford a GEEK SQUAD tech? WTH???Changes to werbsite need to happen NOW…..THAT IS THE MEDIUM!

72. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

s.h.i.t titus.hard to decipher sarcasm or being facetious,,sorry man!

73. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

anyhoo…..
    I hope our team can compete this season.

74. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha– come on Rocksalt- we are all grown ups– blogs are suppose to be a bit of a release– I don’t take too much of it seriously… except, maybe it’s time for a fan favorite to return.

75. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

ok……. who might that be, dare I ask?

76. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Seriously, is the first clue.

77. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Seriously, I am impressed with McNabb– he throws bullets– reminds me of Favre, but without the interceptions. That throw to Berrian for the TD– that was incredible- the accuracy and Berrian was at the right spot at the right time– no small feat by either player.

78. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    You should realize,IMO I view you as being very educated, intelligent, hopefully optimistic, and some times sounding like you are lecturing students(which may indeed be an occupational hazard), however, I have not yet been able to determine your sense of humor, but this may indeed be difficult to dewtect subtlties within this format……..

79. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

OK maybe McNabb can do it…..I hope so. bit of a concern with our history in the QB situation…….

80. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

also, maybe Berrian can do it, but he still must prove himself…….

81. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Rock, that’s why I don’t bother with subtleties.

82. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I hope we find a place for Webb and Marcus Sherells

83. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Maybe Seattle can be tricked, I mean “talked into” a trade for Berrian.

84. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

That’s what I enjoy about ya Nova!

85. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Well, Rocky you were laying into me pretty good yourself– so I was jabbing back, but I was not mad.

86. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

What is the talk about TO? Is he available? I have one of his books here in my living room.

87. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Getting a little breezy here now.

88. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Berrian did make the catch for TD early in game so there is hope………

89. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

cool Titus….I will keep myself in check as best I can, man

90. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

TO? I dunno bout him………

91. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    I bet that book was ghost written………

92. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Nova-
    not a Drew kinda breezy?

93. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Rocky– I would not bet you– I am almost certain it was– I am ghostwriting one right now myself.

94. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I’d bet the farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Nova, Irene is approaching?

96. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

More like an Irene kind of breezy.

97. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

ok got it Titus,,,good one, but at least is it well wrtitten?
    Nova…soo it is kinda drew breezy…..

98. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, but she doesn’t have much wind left in her sails. She just leveled Vermont, though.

99. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Seems like the book is, well, not surprisingly, all about TO. He has a healthy self-esteem, I grant him that. It’s a fitness book– I have just scanned it for research.

100. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

good for all in the Northeast…….
    getting back to vikes….
    I am concerned that our D wil be 3rd in NFC Norris……..

101. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

So it’s safe for Sonja to go outside?

102. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

c.rap titus…..i detest the “I, ME Books”……

103. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

She doesn’t want to, I have to bribe her. I bet you know what I use. Rock, I am concerned about our D being 4th.

104. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

unless, of course, they are well written………..

105. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

we may be 3rd……

106. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

seems like the secondary has been an issue for decades.

107. By Rocksalt on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

gotta go boys see yall later……….

108. By Enrique GS on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I think the vikings need a CB (Kelvin Hayden), OLB and C

109. By Shawn on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I think we played pretty well just got beat by a good team, our defense only gave up 16 points to a good team … thats not bad

We lost because of a tipped ball and a blocked FG … otherwise we matched up well to a Dallas team that will be in the playoff hunt with us

110. By Titus on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Dallas will be a contender this year– we might be playing them in the championship game– hopefully at our dome.

111. By Kyle on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Devin Aromashodu was held without a catch vs. the cowboys , and mike jenkins had a solid game. Does that mean jenkins is a lock at the 3rd WR spot? because i read that aromashodu was taking most the 3rd WR reps. does this 1 game mean aromashodu is a 4th WR for week 1 or maybe even a lower WR?

112. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

Start sherals at nickel move chris cook to safety.

113. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

The vikes db needs to practice on not biting and jumping too early for the ball burton almost got beat on the play, I think burton has done a decent job at corner along with sherals. Cord parks should return punts and let jaymar return kickoffs. They need to let booker focus on being a runningback and prevent injuries. Give emmanuel arceneux a chance to return kickoffs or punts.

114. By Vikings4Life on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

I like the vikes run and gun offense this is similar to what offense I play on madden run and setup the vertical pass spread them out it causes teams to rethink about blitzing using rudolph lined up as a receiver does cause some problems, I see mismatches if the vikes continue to spread them out and align properly.

115. By Kenny on Aug 28, 2011 | Reply

What is the deal with our safeties? I know Abdullah has a lock on 1 position but who is leading the battle between Sanford and Johnson? Neither has shown much or enough to seperate them from eachother for that safety spot. Our offensive line will be good not solid not great. They will be good enough. Our offense will score enough points for us to win as long as we play so defense! We really have to work on stopping opponents on 3rd downs every now and then at least…please?. I have not seen anything special on Robison for him to be leading contender for other DE spot opposite Allen. Our D lasy yr made average QBS look like all pros. I really hope we are better this yr. Im always positive but also a realist. I have not seen anything so far to believe our secondary or our pass rush will be any different from a yr ago. We need to just let it fly! Blitz! blitz! more and more. This will serve a purpose even if we do not get a sack. It will still pressure the QB into making rush desicions which in turn will lead to turnovers andf help out out secondary. We nevr shown all out blitzs before. So i dont understand why we wont atleast try it more and we would be surprised at results.

116. By anthony (brooklyn) on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

@titus sorry was out drinking bud! Don’t get me wrong! I like ponder a lot! But webb has the value of exp. I just wanna see our vikes hold up that trophy! SKOL!!!!! Purple and gold baby!

117. By anthony (brooklyn) on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

My first nfl experience was my first trip to minnesota (I was 5 now 34) watched vikings beat them lions! So skol is in my blood! Worst nyc sports fan btw! Vikes, flyers and celtics! I hate baseball btw

118. By LA Viking on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

How about them COWBOYS! Zigi should go ahead and move the team here to LA…we are used to losers.

119. By LA Viking on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

4-12….if they are lucky

120. By jdude on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

So I know everyone thinks McNabb looked realy good on saturday but he only had on good series. so In that case I’d like to webb to paly with the first team. because he has played at higher level even with the second team.

121. By jdude on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

I’m I ment to say play not paly.

122. By anthony (brooklyn) on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

Vikes aren’t going to LA… The land of make believe doesn’t deserve to even mention our vikings! Start your our franchise or steal þhe chargers. Rename them, the bulemic models

123. By anthony (brooklyn) on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

*the

124. By Viking Joe on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

@ LA, 4-12, I’m sure, more like 10-6, and the Vikings aren’t moving to your smog infested sesspool you call a city, now back to more pertinent news,the Vikings secondary,while Winfield is great tackler, he’s getting old and Griffin is coming back from back to back ACL injuries, if they can shore up the secondary, possibly mask it with a good pass rush, the sky is the limit!!!

125. By Viking Joe on Aug 29, 2011 | Reply

Just for the record the Rams of the 70’s and 80’s weren’t losers they had some good teams, then flew the coop to St. Louis !!!