Visit The Vikings At The State Fair

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 26, 2011 – 1:00 pm

The Great Minnesota Get Together is officially underway at the State Fairgrounds in St. Paul and will run until Labor Day, September 5.

The Vikings are encouraging fans to stop by the Vikings area in the Fan Central Building during the 2011 Minnesota State Fair. The Fan Central Building is located near the corner of Underwood and Dan Patch. Here’s just a sample of what the Vikings have going on near their location…

– Wide variety of Vikings apparel and novelty items available from the Vikings Locker Room Store
— An oversized Vikings Plinko game for a chance to win game tickets and other special prizes
— Get your picture taken in front of the life sized Vikings player board
— Information on a variety of Vikings ticket and hospitality options

The Vikings booth will also include the latest information on the team’s new stadium efforts and opportunities for fans to help. Fairgoers can play ‘Stadium Bingo,’ a fun and easy game that includes stopping at various legislative booths, posting pictures on Facebook and Twitter and signing up more supporters. Participants will have a chance to win some great Vikings prizes, including an authentic Jared Allen autographed jersey, a Leslie Frazier signed football, and two press box seats and pre-game sideline passes for a Vikings 2011 home game.

19 Responses to “Visit The Vikings At The State Fair”

1. By Frederick Jones on Aug 26, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings have had three players on their roster who were undrafted, and yet made it to the Hall of Fame:

John Randle, DT
    Jim Langer, C
    Warren Moon, QB

2. By Frederick Jones on Aug 26, 2011 | Reply

Of the 14 undrafted players who made it to the NFL’s Hall of Fame, 5 were defensive backs. (and I think all of those guys were cornerbacks)

The Vikings can get some good defensive halfbacks out of their camp. Marcus Sherels has already proven himself to this blogger. But he has
    the opportunity to continue to impress.

He is a good person, and would help the team’s attitude. I think he could be a starter. He’s always around the ball ! ! !

3. By Parody on Aug 26, 2011 | Reply

Fred – The term defensive halfback is one that is exclusive to Canadian Football. I was never familiar with the term until I looked it up today. From my understanding, the defensive halfback is a specialization of a cornerback. It’s sort of similar to how both Fullbacks and Halfbacks (offensive) are running backs, but each is expected to perform significantly different tasks for the offense.

Getting to the point, I think the term you intend to use is defensive backs, which includes all corners and safeties.

4. By Titus on Aug 26, 2011 | Reply

Anyone going to the fair?

5. By Parody on Aug 26, 2011 | Reply

Yep. My family has tickets to the Gerison Keilor Concert (if it can be called a concert, presentation maybe?) on the 2nd.

6. By Titus on Aug 26, 2011 | Reply

I like the farm animals.

7. By Rocksalt on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

Titus-(from earlier blog)
    IIt is one thing to state that you see the big picture. That in and of itself is understandable and ok by me.
    However, sometimes when you say things, you seem to have a bit of condescending attitude towards others when you make your point………that gets me going…..
    Surely, you have recognized this? You seem very intelligent, so I naturally assume it is intended…….
    Anyhow, You are right in that this is a football blog, but often discussions include many other things……

8. By Vikings4Life on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

Fair are for kids no point in going if your old.

9. By Titus on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt– I get the same way as you– when someone gets pretentious, I am ready to administer a dose of reality. But as I mature, I realize it is not my place to “educate” others — no one can change anyone but themselves. So, relax, and have fun– it’s all in fun.

10. By Titus on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

I had not been to the fair in years and years– went a couple years ago and I had so much fun — it is not just for children. You are only old in your mind.

11. By Vikings4Life on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

Old is not only in your mind when you get older you lose interest in those kind of things.

12. By Vikings4Life on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

Looking forward to tonights game too bad its only a pre season game, I guess the vikes whooped on the cowboys many times before I’m losing interest in this opponent.

13. By Titus on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

Enjoy life.

14. By Frederick Jones on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

I used the term “defensive halfbacks” correctly for the American game of Football.

I’m just a little bit older than most bloggers, and that’s why I use the term defensive halfbacks which is what they used to call all defensive backs.

Why do you object to that term?

15. By Frederick Jones on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

By the way, Marcus Sherels is a cornerback, which by your own definition is a defensive halfback.

16. By Frederick Jones on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

Why are we arguing?

17. By Titus on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

Fred, are you going to the fair?

18. By Rocksalt on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

right on Titus-
    Lets root for the Vikes tonight!

19. By Rocksalt on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

Fred- You and I both play tennis. Do you play in usta leagues, tournaments or just socially?