Broadcast Info For Saturday’s Game In Seattle

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on August 17, 2011 – 6:00 am

Watching Vikings preseason games is usually very easy for fans based in Minnesota, but can prove to be a challenge for fans living elsewhere.

This week though, in addition to the game airing live at 9 p.m. CST on Saturday on KARE 11 in the Twin Cities and Minnesota, NFL Network will also air the game live starting at 10 p.m. CST (we’re not sure if they are picking up coverage or starting from the opening kick, but we’re assuming the latter), which should make it a lot easier for Vikings fans around the nation to watch the team’s second preseason game of 2011.

Fans can watch all NFL presesaon games live or on-demand via NFL.com’s Preseason Live product, which is $14.99 for the rest of the preseason as of today.

This will also be the first Vikings game to air on the new FM version of KFAN, 100.3, in the Twin Cities.  The pregame shows gets started at 7 p.m. CST.

Finally, for those that wish to listen to the game online, NFL rules prohibit KFAN.com from streaming the game like they do their normal shows, but NFL.com’s Audio Pass product is available.

For full info on live airings and replay options of all Vikings preseason games, click here.

Posted in All | 236 Comments »

236 Responses to “Broadcast Info For Saturday’s Game In Seattle”

1. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Fred, sorry– did not see your post., A lot is two words- always.

2. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

When the Patriots had a perfect season, 16-0, a few years ago, they were .500 in the preseason, losing 2 of the 4 games.

3. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

In 1990, the Bills lost all 4 preseason games, but went on to win 13 games, and killing the Raiders in the AFC championship, 51-3.

4. By vikings4life on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I’d be kinda upset if tavaris picks this defense apart which he probably will, seems like he’s buying in with the program in seattle they are just playing productive offense. Only preseason but I still want a win and improving is what I hope to see out of this team. I’d also give cord parks more looks at returning punts or kickoffs also give sherals a shot at it also.

5. By vikings4life on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Patriots and vikings are two different scenarios one is from a smart nonsense championship team that has one of the best coaches, vikes cannot pull that off so we can forget about the comparison. Not trying to be negative but watching this team lose every season is not what any true fans want. After watching the packers get a ring the patience is running low.

6. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Packers lost to the Browns. 27-17.

7. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I am so tired of the expectations of the fans here– every year– they expect failure. Cut it out!!!

8. By vikings4life on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Yeah there’s a difference between a club that has a ring and a team that has nothing there is no excuse for a team that has shown nothing.

9. By rockstardann on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Lions went undefeated in preseason for the year they didn’t win a regular season game. Nuff said

10. By skol patrol on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

i just want to see our first team. no one else

11. By Booty Clap on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Champions never make excuses.

In Seattle Saturday, TJack may look good just because I don’t think our defense will give him any tricky looks, or will rarely blitz. Will save the suprises for September 11. It’s too hard to evaluate talent fairly, if the guys on the roster don’t get some reps to play. The offense will take more time to come around due to a new coordinator and changes in terminology. A year ago, I thought it was our year to get to the Super Bowl, I think that compounded my frustration with each loss, injury, or scandal. I feel more optimistic that we’ll be 8-8 to 10-6 if we win the take-away battle, and stay reasonably healthy.

12. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Champions understand their objectives and have a clarity of purpose. They are not rattled by setbacks, nor distracted by naysayers. Not about excuses, it is simply put, what is the preseason about? Most of our starters played a quarter at the most– and some of our best players did not play at all.

13. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Champions adjust, adapt, and revitalize by learning success through failure. Show me a success without failure, and you are watching a mirage.

14. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Success is built on a series of failures. Mistakes are the road to perfection.

15. By Update desk on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

The Saints released OT John Stinchcomb Tuesday. He has started every game for the Saints since 2006. I think there are players coming available that may have a future for our Vikings. Keep the faith.

16. By mnsoldier on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Preseason means nothing, that is unless the team is jacked up like ours was last year. I think the vikings should use webb in a option/wild cat type offense. using him with his speed and qb skills would be a viable threat forcing the LB’s to stay their lanes and perhaps slow up the use of a free safety blitz as it would burn them with too much one on one.

17. By Daunte's inferno! on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Culpepper is having a cup of coffee with the Niners.

18. By Daunte's inferno! on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Well said MnSoldier: If you are serving in our armed forces. Thank you for your service.

19. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Good point Mnsoldier. We hopefully will at least be .500 in preseason. Winning all of the preseason predicts nothing, but evidence shows losing all preseason more often than not sets a bad tone, and can lead to a poor season. But to get all upset and blog a bunch of nonsense that the sky is falling– that is nuts.

We will be a good team this year and win 10-12 games. Period. Guaranteed.

20. By VeGAsVIkE on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I’m glad to see the Vikings are using preseason to their advantage, as far as winning or losing I don’t think it matters that much to the players or coaches. And that’s what counts right?

21. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

Thank you for clarifying my question about a lot.

22. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@vikings4life,

How do you think coaches get the status of being called “one of the best coaches?”

I’m not sure what the talent level is in Minnesota, but Frazier will get the most out of it.

23. By Carmen on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Hey Ryan, think in the Vikings fans around the WORLD too!!

There are a lot f Vikings fans in Mexico and I know Viking fans in England and Spain too.

I have a feeling that this will be a good year, no a Super Bowl year, but much, much better than 2010

24. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Parody and Shawn,

That was funny, witty banter you guys put together in the previous Vikings.com blog! lol You talked about negative nellies and such.

If it isn’t fun to go on here, then stay off.

OLD SCHOOL has his role, and has a definite blogging style, and is honest about how he feels. There is nothing wrong about it.

25. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B.,

C. Ponder has his style of play, and Joe Webb has his own way of doing things. Both have a lot to learn, I’m sure.

There may be times when a change of pace may be need in a ball game. Perhaps one of these young guys can provide it.

It’s possible that Webb, and Ponder may be with the Vikings for many years. They may even battle for the #1 QB position every year, or frequently. Stay tuned.

26. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Old School is entertaining at the least, wrong in his prognosis at best.

27. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

KKKKKIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TAVARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

nice o line article ;)

29. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Tavaris is going to be a great quarterback. Hall of famer.

30. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Titus … he might look like it Saturday night but I doubt it , I feel we will play a lot better in this game and TJack will look like TJack and all you who still like him will finally get it since hes not wearing purple anymore

31. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I think the purple uniforms make it hard for us fans to recognize the injured state our team is in

32. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Mike Wobschall … Why are we not playing Ryan Cook at center since he played better than Sullivan last year and DeGeare is improving at RG

Sullivan is one of our biggest weakness

33. By Daniel on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

It will be interesting to see how our corners play this next game. I hope Cook plays strong and smart and quick this time. He has great ability, and I am behind the guy 100%. But if he lets me does bad again, Then I believe We need a great complement to Griffen. Winfield is nearing the end. none of the orther corners are shutdown guys. We need those shutdown, intercepting corners. Why can these guys not figure this out. Griffen is good, and so is winfield, but we need help here.

34. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    If our past perforamnces against mediocre QB’s holds true, then Tarvaris Jackson will have a career day and look like a hall of fame QB against us……

35. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

performances

36. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Shawn-
    maybe the purple signifies a bruise……

37. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Vikes must show me they can play. period. talk is cheap. actions have value.

38. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Saturday’s game will be the classic physics matchup of the resistable force meeting the moveable object.

39. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Daniel … I agree , Winfield is still a great Nickel corner maybe for 1 more year but our CB Depth Chart should look like this

CB1 – we dont have him
    CB2 – Ced Griffen
    CB3 – also known as the nickel … Winfield
    CB4 – Chris Cook … I also have not lost faith
    CB5 – Brandon Burton (preferably) but if not Asher Allen (our amazing #7 CB)

40. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Rocksalt … nice you got it :) thats what i meant by it

41. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I thought CB4 was Chris Bosh?

42. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I know just enough about basketball to know Bosh plays but not enough to understand the referrance … CB4?

43. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, his # is 4. That’s what they call him, along with “loser”.

44. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

hahhaha

45. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I shall remain skeptical about this team until they show me they indeed can play as a team. While it will be nice to win, win or lose, if they play well, I have less concern if they at least play well.

46. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

47. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

You’re like me, if the NBA got locked out for 25 years it wouldn’t bother me.

48. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

sorry for the extra=having trouble posting..then viola.it posted!

49. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Me either…….the NBA.zzzzzzzzzzzzz now the NHL is a different beast…..

50. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

So Nova- did the Manitoba Moose move to your neck of the woods>

51. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

It looks like the University of Miami is in some serious sh1t!

52. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Shawn-
    Let’s hoope we can put a bruise on TJack

53. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I watched the Jordan years and then quickly became bored … and the players in general seemed to be unprofessional, I mean the NFL has thier PacMan Jones but the NBA seems to be 40-50% PacMan Jones personalities

54. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Rock , I think Tjack is one of the few QBs who wont look AllPro on our secondary …. hes that bad, pretends to look downfield gets scared and drops it off to the closest RB or TE

55. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@ Rocksalt; No, all we have here are the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJL.

56. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Let;s hope so….I recall some backups nad lifelong journeymen who have had career games against us…….

57. By Joe C on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

you folks know preseason wins mean nothing right? Preseason is for building your roster and developing talent that’s it!!!! Wins mean nothing – A few notes on our secondary Winfield cannot cover any sizable receiver but he has the heart of a lion with great tackling skills. He needs to be moved to safety – It’s time Griffin and abdullah step up and provide some difficulty for QBs looking their way!!!! many times QB’s hit their first read due to the lack of coverage from our secondary.

58. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Oh, Nova-
    I thought I heard or read that they were moving to Nova Scotia…….my mistake

59. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

like Jake LOLker ? in that horrific 2011 preseason opener?

60. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Rock, remember Chris Wienke…..I try not to.

61. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Joe C … if we wouldve of lost 21 ( which the titans might have scored if not for the bad snap in their first drive ) to 14, I would feel better but to only score 3 points was depressing

62. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Joe C
    I agree that preseason W/L may have little meaning on reg season. but teamsa playing poorly in preseason, stand a good chance of losing those games.
    Again, this may indeed mean nothing, but performace , execution, blocking, tackling, passing, catching do mean something…….let’s hopoe we can look better than last week.

63. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt, the Manitoba Moose are moving to St. John’s Newfoundland. I guess you could say that is our “neck of the woods”.

64. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

yeah, Nova-
    and how’s about any of a handful of the loser QB’s Chicago had the last 5 years,(Cutler excluded) who would come out and pass for careeer games

65. By Joe C on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@ Titus

I have watched almost every game on the NFL channel and you can see the many bad teams that have made a lot of improvement. Cleveland – Carolina – Oakland – Detroit – will all be well improved due to coaches and players being brought in and working well together. The middle of the pack teams will still struggleto get to the top we will still be middle of the road at best – sad to say

66. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

That’s Right! Newfoundland! Sorry for the mixup…….

67. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Nova I think Rock is trying to say all Canadians look the same :)

68. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Shawn-
    If we lose our 1st 3 reg games, then I will make an “official “call for Robot Fan……..

69. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

We all look like moose.

70. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

My bad…….now now, Shawn, play nice……

71. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

72. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

InstigaShawn

73. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Except for Shania Twain and Pam Anderson.

74. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Ahh Pam Anderson … the younger days go to girl :)

75. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Right on , Shawn!

76. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

My bad again …..Right on Nova!

77. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I don’t know what the future holds for Tavaris– he seems to have some raw talent, but my comment before was a tad sarcastic.

78. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

But we will have a break-out season this year. You can bank on it.

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I heard this one today……If your wife keeps coming out of the kitchen to nag you, what have you done wrong?…………..Made her chain too long.

80. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I figured Titus … but there still may be some TJack fans

81. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

nice nova

82. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I hope your view of where you see this team is correct, Titus, I have concerns that prevent me from sharing your view……

83. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

HAHA Nova!

84. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Why are women’s feet smaller than men’s?…………It’s an evolutionary thing, it enables them to get closer to the kitchen sink.

85. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

believe it or not but there is still a small part of me that roots for TJack …. but not this week

86. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

Thank you for providing the blog on the O Line.

I read the entire blog. We’ve already been there, and done that. No one will listen. All we can do now is hope that our coaches can do an excellent job with the guys we have on the team.

Adrian probably would have retired if they were as bad as Zinski claimed.

Remember also that many writers make their living by pointing out the negatives. It is easy, and a lot of people like to read that stuff.

It takes intellegence to be a good finder ! ! !

87. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I flushed that small part of me last year.

88. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

NovaScotiaVkie……… ladies and gentlemenen …..give it up for Nova!

89. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

oops…..Vike

90. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I hope I can get away with this one…….How do you make 5 lbs. of fat look good?………..Put a nipple on it.

91. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

Also Zinski’s article totally ignores the good things the O Line did in the Titans game. Booker gained quite a few yards, and I don’t remember any of them being on outside runs.

To me this means that some O Linemen were moving defenders out of the way ! ! !

It’s not easy to see that w/o viewing the game films, which Zinski has yet to do!!!

92. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

lol nova … I would never want him on my team but i could view a TJack highlight or 2 with fondness (again not this week and 2 highlights from TJack might be too much to expect from TJ )

93. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

LOL Nova…keeping in line(phonetically) with Nipple,
    Why the heck is Mr. Whipple(Brad Childress) still on this website????

94. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

We can worry each other to death about this game, or we can move on.

How will bloggers react if the Vikings lose the first regular season game versus the Chargers? If it is a road game, you know that may very well be the case.

95. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Fred I view it more like they got in the way … in the titans game our linemen blocked like WRs with no push but just kind of got in the way of the defender

96. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Sort of like seeing your nephew win a special olympics medal.

97. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Yep, the Chargers game is in San Diego. It’s tough to win road games in the NFL. We’ll have to play well to win that one.

98. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Nova and Shawn,

But you KNOW that’s not true.

99. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Fred … “How will bloggers react if the Vikings lose the first regular season game versus the Chargers? ”

I would understand a road loss IF we play well but IF we play like we played against the Titans I will go on a tirade …

100. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, the only thing that could be worse bad luck would be if they added Les Steckel’s name.

101. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

right on Shawn……..win or lose.PLAY LIKE REAL MEN, NOT SCHOOLGIRLS

102. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

You are right of course. What can I say?

103. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

aye rock

104. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Les Steckel.wonder what he’s up to?

105. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

its all good Fred, I just felt that 3 points was embarrasing and defensively we looked like JR High B-team

the second half our defense played better and we could of had 6 more points but overall IMO it was embarrasing

106. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Probably running things at Guantanamo Bay.

107. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

bunch of girls last week,cept L Booker and Erin Henderson

108. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

LOL Nova-
    maybe so…………

109. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

and for the record unlike last year I dont think coaching is the issue … I think age has hit a few of our super stars leaving us with a lack of talent

I want to be clear …. Frazier is AWESOME, but we need some fresh talent

110. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

i just missed the les steckel days … Jerry Burns is the first coach I remember

111. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

you may have some good points…….I hope our talent is still there, but they are not gettin any younger……..

112. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

You’re a lucky man, Shawn.

113. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I also think we will be in the playoff mix … 9-7 or fingers crossed holding breathe 10-6

114. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

not much improvement rom Steckel to Burns

115. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

The only good thing about the Les Steckel days is that there weren’t many of them.

116. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

The NFC has a number of good teams………

117. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Here is how I see(with clarity of purpose ) a ranking of the teams in the NFC
    1. Green Bay
    2,New Orleans
    3. Philadelphia
    4. Atlanta
    5.Seattle
    6.Chicago
    7 .Minnesota
    8. Arizona
    9. Tampa
    10.Detroit

118. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Can’t see Seattle that high, Rocksalt.

119. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I think as long as they stay healthy our defense will keep us in games and Peterson regardless of how bad the line is will still get 1200-1600 yards our recievers will be better than they were in the first 2 weeks last year … and McNabb is the perfect vet qb for this team and I think coaching will keep us in games

but im a viking fan what do i really know :)

120. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, but they have made some improvements on their roster, and are in a weak division…..

121. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I HOPE we can emerge higher than what LOGICALLY I see this team relative to others in the NFC

122. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

If your wife is screaming at you from the front door and your dog is barking his a$$ off at the back door, which one do you let in?…………The dog, he’ll shut up once he gets in.

123. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

All right, enough comedy. Let’s talk about this week’s opposing QB…….wait, that’s more comedy……..

124. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

HAHA NOVA! NovaScotiaVike, ladies and gentlemen…….he’ll be here all week……

125. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

hmm ill do it like this …

NFC East

Panthers

NFC West

z-Rams
    Cardinals
    Seahawks
    49ers

and the last playoff spot will come down to Vikings or Cowboys

126. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Rock, tell SueGVike and all the other ladies that come to this site that I was JUST KIDDING…………..(wink)

127. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, you only awarded 1 wildcard.

128. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

and the next 3 teams are bucs, bears , giants

129. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Nova…The wife versus dog joke was good. Thank you.

130. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Nova-
    Will do, buddy-but haven’t seen ladyfolk here in awhile.
    Shawn- ever the optimist!

131. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

OK I gotcha, Vikes or ‘Girls.

132. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Nova I have Saints and either cowboys or Vikings as my wild card

133. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Nova-
    Will do, buddy-but haven’t seen ladyfolk here in awhile.
    Shawn-Are you being optimistic?

134. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

yea cowgirls sorry

135. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@ Fred, we like to keep the audience entertained !!!

136. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I believe 9-7 or 10-6 … it all depends of staying healthy , I think our defense will be top 10 and Peterson will have 1200 – 1600 yards

137. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Shawn-
    IMO the Saints are better than Falcons, but we will have to wait & see…..
    I could see the Cowboys in there, but they have routinely underachieved most recently……..

138. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

That’s true, we are only fans. Then again the “12th man” seems to matter in all of the NFL cities.

Donovan McNabb was all smiles after the Titans game. I wasn’t sure how to take that, I mean we did lose.

I think he is confident, and he wouldn’t be if the offensive line was terrible.

The Zinski comment about Hutchinson being throw backwards on 3rd down, if accurate, is nothing to worry about. That is what pass blocking is anyway, that’s why O Linemen like to Run Block.

139. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I think it will be tough this year, especially the NFC North……

140. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Thats what makes it fun Rock … ya never know

and I think the worst teams in the NFC will be Skins, 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers

141. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

GET THIS……On PTI tonight they said that at Tony Romo’s bachelor party there was no alchohol and Romo and 14 other guys played HIDE-AND-SEEK. How would you like that for your team “leader”?

142. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

OMG……..did they say anything about Rainbows and Unicorns?

143. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

*alcohol…..I should know how to spell that by now!

144. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Nova my thought is soooooo unPC I better not comment … were there wet towels involved?

145. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Shawn-
    I have a feeling the Seahags will be better…..

146. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

hahahha Rock I think we both had the same idea

147. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I think the Cowboys will win their division, not the Eagles.

148. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

LOL good one Shawn!

149. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Never know with the Cowboys…..

150. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

At the end of my bachelor party they left me unconscious at the front door, rang the bell and ran away before the girlfriend came.

151. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

not the same about the seahawks but the romo issue … I just think the seahawks are starting TJack

152. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

All in all, the NFC is going to be interesting…….

153. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Packers will do well until Rodgers is hurt by a club– ball club that is– after all, they play New Orleans, and they, along with other teams, will aim at ridding Rodgers from the field. The Pack have a big target on them– they played their very best football to get through all the playoff games to reach the Superbowl– trust me, the Pack will not do so well– they may get 10 wins.

154. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Good point, Shawn…. TJack……..hmmm……..

155. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

She grilled me like a piece of striploin the next day, but I truthfully couldn’t remember anything.

156. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@ Rock,

Ah said it befo’ I’ll say it agin,

Tarvaris Jackson will throw for more than 3000 yards in Seattle.

157. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Oh, I did not complete my last thought– too much multi-tasking and reading Nova’s jokes (wonder what Sonja thinks about the door joke– she is both dog and female).

What I was pointing out is that the Pack pulled out all the stops to reach the SB– and all of that is on film— and no one will take them for granted. They will have a surprisingly difficult season. Can’t wait to see the cheeseheads melt in tears.

158. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Packers have most everyone returning and unless they have the injury-plague like last year, have a really good team…..

159. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I should have told her all we did was play hide-and-seek.

160. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Tavaris may throw for 3,000 yards if you include practices.

161. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Mark my words– Packers will collapse by game 9.

162. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Fred-
    You think so? He has shown flashes, but has been inconsistent, but maybe under Pete Carroll….. I just hope he has a bad game against us……

163. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

hahaha Titus!!!

164. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I will mark your words ,Titus..Packers done by game 9 of regular season….

165. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Titus you make a good argument about the Packers

Will be a very interesting season … I just hope Im not to much of a Viking fan that Im blind to reality

166. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

That gives me the opportunity to say that TJack will also throw 20 TDs with only 17 Ints. He will also rush for 400 yards and 3 tds.

167. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Titus, was that humor re TJack?

168. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Rock,

Don’ bet aginst Tarvaris Jackson in Seattle !

169. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

as long as tjack plays like tjack against the vikings … i will hope he plays like someone better against the rest of the league

170. By Shawn on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

doh the pressers have been up for an hour …. be back shortly

171. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Actually I thought the game was in Mpls., until I looked at this blog.

Of course I hope TJack has a bad game versus the Vikings this week.

But he should have a chip on his shoulder, as they say.

172. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Fred-
    That is what also concerns me…….

173. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

the ol chip on the shoulder motivation…..

174. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I wish the San Diego game was in Nov. or Dec., I’ve got friends out there and a week in S.D. in Dec. would be nice.

175. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I do think Tavaris will rush for 1,000 yards, Fred– he panics and runs.

176. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I am one of the most optimistic on here, but I still remember that playoff game against the Eagles– our D played so hard and kept getting the ball back for our offense — what 5, or 6 times straight they held the Eagles, but eventually our D tired– and TJack could do nothing.

177. By Daniel on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I was reading today that we are second to last on cap space. We need to re-sign Peterson, and Greenway. And I hate to say it, but kleinsassage has to go. He is one expensive FB/ 4th or 5th TE. Great blocker ya, but sucky line and even worse defence. Don`t get me wrong. I like the fact Lieber is gone, I like the fact Williams is gone. But I hate the fact that we are missing a saftey, and have no #1 CB. Winfield is at best a Nickel now. Love the guys heart and striking ability, but Is no way a #1. Our #2 is rubber knees and cook needs alot of work. I like minstral raymond as far a development, but beyond that, we are really thin. AGAIN.

178. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Nova, I hear you– but San Diego is almost unbeatable in December the past 5 years or so. We are better off playing them while they are in their identity crisis.AP should rush for 170 yards against the Chargers.

179. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

good points, Daniel-

180. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I think Nova was referring to being in sunny San Diego in Dec vs Nova Scotia……..

181. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Understood Rocksalt, and my counterargument is still valid.

182. By Parody on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Titus – I keep on seeing you spell Tarvaris wrong. Are you not the real Titus, or are you trying to make a statement? It would be a shame if it’s simply a repeated mistake.

183. By Daniel on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

How is it That Fraiser was such a good CB and has not helped our Secondary get better. Teams beat us by the PASS! Why has all the good teams have a great secondary. Most of all have that #1 CB and a great Saftey. OH! I know! Lets get another TE! Freakn Vikes better Step up against Sea, or It is going to be a bad season of close, lost games. Ya, it`s preseason, but when are we going to repair our 3 most hurting spots? CB,Line,Saftey.

184. By Rocksalt on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Understoodas per game Titus, but I think Nova was also thinkin about the beach……

185. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

We play in Atlanta Nov. 27th. A little warmer than here, and a little closer than California, but I don’t know anyone in Atlanta.

186. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@ Parody…….it is Tavaris.

187. By Parody on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Nova – Then who is this Tarvaris Jackson guy that has been a mediocre QB for us over the past 5-years and is now on Seattle’s roster?

188. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@ Parody…..my bad, you’re right. I guess I’m just used to calling him sh1thead.

189. By Parody on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I assume this is the guy who everyone was referring to:

190. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Nova,

If you go to Atlanta, you’ll know somebody !

191. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

I don’t see A.D. getting 170 yards against Seattle, because he might not play more than a quarter or two.

192. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Who’s that, Fred?

193. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Nova,

It’s TARvaris Jackson.

194. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@ Fred, I know that, but who do I know in Atlanta?

195. By Parody on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I agree with that Fred. If it were a real game, it would be conceivable, but the coaches know what AP has really well, and they’ll want to avoid riking injuries to the star player. So I’d be surprised if he gets more than 50-yards, unless he gets a big breakout run at the beginning of the game.

196. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Nova,

They’ll be asking you to do stand up in Atlanta !

197. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I’ll do it for a free hotel room!

198. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

So, I spelled the name wrong– I apologize to Tarvaris and all his fans (Fred).

199. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Hey, I know someone in Atlanta.

200. By Parody on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Fred – DURING the game? How well will that go over?

“Matt Ryan drops back in the pocket looking for an open receiver, and within seconds Jared Allen is doing his hogtying dance! I’ve never seen a pig go down that quickly when a doughnut wasn’t on the floor!”

I think the Falcon fans might be a little perturbed by that…

201. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Every time I “go on the road” with the Vikes I manage to pi$$ off some of the local fans.

202. By Parody on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Wierd, the same has been true for me Nova. I’ve only done it once so far, but I was somehow able to convince another fan to wrap his fingers around my throat…

203. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I’m pretty sure the New England fans don’t like me.

204. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

The nerve of these fans, Parody!!!!!!!!!!!

205. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Or the Buffalo fans……..

206. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Or the Cleveland, N.Y., Philly or Pittsburgh fans…….

207. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Almost forgot the Chicago fans….I KNOW they hate me.

208. By Parody on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

The worst part of my story is that it was a fellow Viking fan that did it!

As far as I know, the only thing I did was confuse a hardcore hömophobe that I was coming on to his son.

209. By Parody on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

At times I wish I had just acted on impulse and taken the guy to town, but I really wanted to see the last half of the game, even though it was already pretty clear that we were going to lose.

210. By NovaScotiaVike on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

You should have told him it’s not your fault if his son looks like a woman.

211. By ozzinator on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Titus (BSaS)
    So what did ever happen to the fowl mouth LIB, “firedchildress”??

212. By vikings4life on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Double team jared allen and the front 4 pass rush will not get to the qb that’s all it takes, besides jared no one can haunt the qb, our secondary will have to pay for it covering longer than usual because 9 out of 10 times jared will get double teamed or help.

213. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Who knows– not sure I recognize fire childress in any of the other blogger’s writing style.

214. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

FireChildress may have been writing only because he was going to lose a bet if Childress stayed on as coach.

215. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Sometimes Old School sounds like fire childress, but Old School likes all caps too much– they would have surfaced in fire childress’ postings (unless he was clever enough to make that differentiation, but my experience shows writing style is like a voice and will show sooner or later).

216. By Booty Clap on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I do like the positive vibe I’m hearing by fans on the site. I know last Saturday had some pushing the panic button. I have to laugh about the traveling fans ticking off the hometowners.

217. By vikings4life on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I can care less what the fans think I just want to see this team get a ring, after seeing the packers get one it doesn’t bold well with me. I hope to see a competitiveness and that hunger for that ring. Mistackling is not just a preseason form it will happen in regular season you must be naive to think we don’t have to panic, we have no safties and corners the front 4 pass rush is not all that great besides jared. The linebacker is mediocre at best. That’s not including no go to receiver besides harvin but he’s not somebody that will command a double team. Oline is just barely okay. I hope they prove me wrong.

218. By Booty Clap on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Vike4Life: I hear your frustration. I was 8 years old when Old man Willie had a pick 6 for the Raiders against the Vikings in the Super Bowl. I tried to burn my Viking pajama’s with the bunny feet, but they were flame retartant with Asbestos sewn in.

As I watched last season, yes I saw poor tackling, poor angles of approach to tackle. Very few forced fumbles and turnovers. I’m looking at how far we have to go to get back to respectibility in these areas. Going into last Saturday our guys had maybe 10 practices. It’ll take more time. I’m looking for hustle. Aggression. Flying to the ball. Hopefully, we’ll see improvement week to week going into the season.

219. By Arrow86 on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Did the Vikes practice today? Mike’s given us some good daily updates, I haven’t heard today’s word.

220. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

@Vikings4Life:

Keep in mind that the Vikings are a proud franchise, and are still in the TOP FIVE ALL TIME WINNING NFL TEAMS. (Percentage)

Making it to the Super Bowl F O U R times is not the mark of a shoddy franchise.

Winning 15 division championships (or whatever it is) is not something to turn your nose down at !

Our time will come to win the World’s Championship !

221. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings have won 18 division titles.

222. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

I have a feeling that Frazier is the type of coach who will keep a player, as long as the player is the best one available.

When a better player becomes available, Frazier will convince the rest of the Vikings management to get him, if they can.

As far as the secondary, it must hurt Frazier more than any of us, when they get burned. As a former coach, I feel certain he wants his position to be the best in the NFL.

223. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

During the time the Vikings won 18 division titles, how many do you think the Lions, Bears, and Packers won???

224. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Vikingsforlife– No, I am not in panic mode. Calm down. There are a lot of positives this year, both tangible and intangible, that suggest a winning season. Superbowl? Maybe not this year, but I am not ruling it out.

225. By Titus on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Fred, man you were right about the attitude– I am taking a break from this site— up and down like the wind. Watch us beat Seattle in a huge way- everyone will then say what a fluke it was, how Tarvaris is not a good QB, how Seattle is only a so so team and we should have scored more than 45 points, etc. Always something to complain about–

226. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2011 | Reply

Division titles since 1968:

Vikings 18
    Bears 10
    Packers 8
    Lions 3

Since 1968 the Minnesota Vikings have won as many division titles as the Bears and Packers COMBINED ! ! ! Adding the Lions only makes it 21-18.

So What? Winning leaves clues.

227. By DuaneN on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

This just in, complaining about people who complain is in fact complaining. Enjoy the nap.

228. By CA Norwegian on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

Wow! what a great blog! Mike’s blog is even better when he says nothing to start it off. A fighter who can hit and can’t take hits is said to have a glass jaw. ‘i submit that T-jack has a glass jock. When a defender is draped on his waist, he is barely discernable from a bobblehead. At least that what happened in pre-season game one. (2011) Who is right about T-jack? When you add the grounding penalty and whichever sack(s) you might blame on the QB – he had a substantial net negative yardage. I think Seattle will bust their season discovering what many of us were forboding. He didn’t throw a pick, that is why he was sacked so much.

229. By CA Norwegian on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

@Nova … was your bachelor party in a field of moose?

230. By CA Norwegian on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

back to post #1: Always is very strong. Check this site address.

also allotted, is rooted from lot.

231. By CA Norwegian on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

I am troubled that someone woke up from a bachelor’s party to find their ‘girlfriend. Can you not even wait till after the honeymoon to have a side dish?

232. By CA Norwegian on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

I am very optimistic if the coaches do try to get all they can out of the talent. When you consider Booker, Webb, Peterson, Rudolph, Shienko, Gerhard. We may be able to get by with a so so Oline and the long handoff strategy of quick dump offs and letting the YACs be the steady and explosive factors. The DBs I am less optimistic about. I think we will have about 4 losses and one to SD. Rivers throws from a high and accurate vantage point to tall receivers. We have questions at best covering tall fast guys on over the top passing. Game on, I will be cheering for the Vikes, though I think SD may have their best year.

233. By CA Norwegian on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

I disagree aout Allen being the only pass rusher… There is much promise, and much for the coaches to choose from. Kevin Williams – will be a sack factor, and the young talent pool will rise.

234. By Rocksalt on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

Punt return blog has some good conv. from moorevikes, Old School, Booty Clap,DuaneN,….nice to have diversity of opinion……wish they would chime in here….

235. By sandiamond on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

i’m within pretty easy travel distance for the vikes playing atl,was and car this year. all the darn games fall on holidays so not sure which ones i will attend. let me know if any of u blogheads are going to those games!

SD on tv(nbc) sunday night…. time to do some scouting

236. By sandiamond on Aug 20, 2011 | Reply

Vikings game is on tv saturday for out of market fans!!

Minnesota at Seattle, joined in progress, NFL Network, 11est