Thursday Practice Schedule Changed

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 3, 2011 – 6:29 pm

The Vikings have announced that their practice schedule for Thursday, August 4 has been changed.

Originally the team was scheduled to practice from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in full pads and then have a walk-thru in the afternoon from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. That schedule has been changed to the following:

9:00-10:00 a.m. Walk-Through

3:00-5:30 p.m. Full Pads Practice

For fans attending 2011 Verizon Vikings Training Camp on Thursday, please note that the Northland Ford Dealers Autograph Zone will be open following the afternoon practice.

Village Times for tomorrow 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

35 Responses to “Thursday Practice Schedule Changed”

1. By Cor-WIN VIKES ! on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

could this be because the cba restriction players final deal may not go through until noon ? me thinks so. season ticket party will now watch a walk thru !

2. By jneel777 on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

Go get Malcom Floyd!!!

3. By Tim on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

Go try and do a trade for TJ. Houshmanzada.

4. By Frederick Jones on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

@Mike Wobschall,

Thanks for getting that microphone thing fixed for the pressers. I watch Musgrave and Prieffer pressers. I felt like I could understand what they were talking about for the entire interview!

Before you could only make out bits and pieces. More fans will be interested in the pressers, which should bring more to the games.

Perhaps the Vikings will become World Champions in every area!

5. By Frederick Jones on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

Optimism is running high right now during training camp. Let’s try to go back to these blogs during the season after losses.

We can’t get into the fire the coach mode like we have the last two seasons.

Or this year it could be Hang The Worst Player. We need to avoid that mob mentality ! ! !

6. By sandiamond on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. By Arrow86 on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

Frederick: I wouldn’t be suprised if even the Patriots fans have the occassional one or two who think Belichek should go. I really have admired how Frazier has handled everything since taking over in mid-season last year. I think he and the front office have brought in quality coaches, quality players who seem to be quality people. No way will the Vikings have the chaos of not having the number 1 receiver until mid-season. The Moss episodes with Chilly, the dome collapsing, a two day delay in Philadelphia to be huge underdogs to the Eagles and dismantling them on their home field.

I think we will see a more aggressive approach with our linebackers with Singletary bringing his intensity to that core. Go Vikes!

8. By Alex on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

^^^ And a chance of Erin Henderson starting. Big fan of him I think he will hope out the LB core.

9. By Alex on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

help*

10. By Frederick Jones on Aug 3, 2011 | Reply

@sandiamond,

I apologize for being so critical of your enthusiastic remarks. It’s easy to criticize on vikings.com.

Sorry.

11. By Ricefield on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

Hey Arrow,

Good to have you back. I haven’t posted in a while. Didn’t think there was much to say while the lockout was going on but I visited the site occasionally to get the vibe of how folks felt about the team.

Just wanted folks to know, I am watching. SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!

As far as my opinions of the team and coaches…

Looks to me like we got some guys that know football. I think the Lockout hurt us more than some other teams but the coaches seem to be going into this abbreviated preseason with a plan and the players are responding. It’s also a good sign that those that aren’t with the program are getting cut.

All in all, I am pretty hopeful that we can climb out of the basement of the NFC North. As far as the post season and Superbowl. I think I’d like to see the team perform before I make any grand predictions.

12. By Parody on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

Press Conferences have been fun to watch, and the coaches are all presenting themselves much more openly than what I’m used to. But I wonder, why have we not seen a presser from Mike Singletary yet, or any defensive coaches for that matter? Singletary’s the assistant head coach, but has yet to speak to the media. Meanwhile you’ve already had pressers with the offensive coordinator and the special teams coach.

Many people have speculated that the defense is going to be carrying the team this year, so when are we going to be hearing from the guys in charge of them?

13. By Parody on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

I’d like to hear if the defensive scheme is going to change at all too. No offense to Frazier, but his cover-2 scheme was pretty boring. I liked it more when Pagac (whom I just learned is ALSO a former Bear) took over and started mixing in more blitzes from the LBs and Corners. So it would be nice to hear from him and learn if we can expect more of the same.

14. By CA Norwegian on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

I hear we have an easy schedule this year??? At least we do not play the East Divisions. Teams are very different because of the draft and free agents, so it would be nice if we could count on them playing as they might in past years.

I’ve always been both a Vikes and SD fan, so hopefully game 1 is a superbowl preview. I am hoping for .500 wins within our divison, and .500 plus outside. What about 11-6 ??? Any other predictions?

15. By Darren on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

Schedule change! That stinks!
    Took the day off work to bring the kids to there first training camp. Not going to make the drive to watch them walk around for an hour.

16. By Woodboat on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

@ Parody … I doubt that Singletary will be addressing the media any time soon. It would undermine the defensive coordinator. I hope that you are wrong about the defense carrying the team, because I don’t think they’ll be good enough to carry this squad. If the Vikes intend to have a winning season, they are going to need all 3 squads to play at a high level. I HOPE that our special teams performs better this year… especially in coverage. I would cringe every time they kicked the ball last year.

17. By Parody on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

Simply having Singletary as the assistant head coach is an undermine to the defensive coordinator. Now that he IS the assistant, media expectations of him are higher than the other coaches of Frazier.

18. By chris on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

gotta pick up COLBY WHITLOCK !!! HE IS A STUD IN THE MIDDLE !! D-TACKLE OUT OF TEXAS TECH! STARTED 49 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!! HAS ALL THE SKILLS TO BE A SPARK TO THIS ALREADY GREAT DEFENSE! GO VIKINGS !!!

19. By CHI Town Vike on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

@ Mike- Thanks for fixing the microphone issue for the pressers! It does make a huge difference knowing what the questions are vs the old… listen to the answers and guess what the question was. :-)

Next- As far as Singletary doing pressers stepping on Pagac’s toes… I think not. He is the Assistant Head Coach and should be comfortable talking to the media, and Pagac should fully understand why. It’s not like we are talking about high school politics. They are all adults and would act as such.

I would like to hear from both Singletary (about the team’s direction) and Pagac ( hopefully telling us that he will be blitzing more often, and with more disguises to it).

Mike- any thoughts on what our WR group will actually be this yr after cuts are made going forward? It seems like we have a lot to chose from.

20. By Parody on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

@CHI Town Vike – I fear that we are going to be losing Jaymar Johnson, unless the team decides to have 6-WRs on the active roster. I’ve had a lot of hope for Johnson since he was added to the team a couple years ago, and I thought he had the talent and work ethic to get himself into the starting lineup. However, with the moves made since the end of the season, that is looking to be much less likely.

Berrian re-signed for a smaller contract, two free agents were picked up, a rookie was grabbed late in the draft and we grabbed the best receiver from the CFL. Add Percy to that group and we already have 6-WRs, although I’d expect the rookie to spend his first year on the practice squad. It seems clear with all that potential, the big contract that Camarillo is expecting this year will be enough to make him the first cut.

Maybe Aromashodu (free agent from Chicago) will not prove to be worth a position on the roster, in which case I’d say we have Jenkins, Harvin, Berrian, Arceneaux (CFL), and Johnson. However, if they decide that the CHI Town receiver is better, I’d expect him to supplant Johnson on the list.

21. By Arrow86 on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

Ricefield: Good to see your back as well.

@Parody; Do you think we need to use a two tight end set to give protection to our QB’s? I can’t stand Notre Dame, so I never watch them. (Yes, I’m catholic, too!) It does sound like the tight end we drafted is pretty gifted to go along with Schiancoe.

22. By Arrow86 on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

The 2003 Steelers were 6-10 and won the Super Bowl the following season. I know, it’s a stretch.

23. By Elgar on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

Let’s go back to these blogs and poke fun at all the doubting Thomases after the team wins the Super Bowl. Let’s tell the entire world how stupid they were and throw them off the Viking ship into shark infested waters just for fun. Let’s mock their words and rub their noses in it. Let’s shake the Lombardi in their faces and sing taunting songs at them. Let’s humiliate them for lacking team faith and then draw funny cartoons of them. The Vikings need to win and win now while they are still in Minnesota. If you can’t get fired up while the team is still undefeated, what good are you?

24. By Parody on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

@Arrow86 – Really, I think the two TE set is there more to throw defenses off balance. Are they going to throw or run the ball? If they run there’s some extra blockers for the back, but if they throw, they have two BIG guys (6’4″ and 6’6″) who can go up above the generally shorter LBs to catch a pass OR just provide extra coverage for the QB. More uncertainty equates to more success for the offense.

25. By Parody on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

No thanks Elgar, that type of attitude sounds like it deserves to remain in Green Bay. I’d like to think that Minnesota has much classier fans, win or lose. Let’s instead walk off the field with our heads held high, ignoring the loathsome excuses of the naysayers.

26. By Arrow86 on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

3:00 N.F.L. network is going to show some scenes from the start of the Vikings practice in Mankato.

27. By Carl K on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

@ Parody- If Jaymar Johnson looks good in the return game… than yes we can cut Camarillo. Jaymar and Camarillo have an advantage over Arceneaux and Aromashadu because they can return punts. I think it is a lock the Viking will keep 1 of those 2 guys unless they move Jenkins/Berrian back to return punts.

28. By Arrow86 on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

@Carl K: Do you think Lorenzo Booker will have a spot on special teams this season. THe Vikes acquired him late in the season last year.

29. By Rad on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

Can you say Malcolm Floyd

30. By Parody on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

@Rad – Yes. Can you say “give it up already”?

31. By Parody on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

@Carl – Good points. One advantage there for Johnson is his speed. Camarillo doesn’t appear to have any speed. His biggest advantage is that he doesn’t drop bälls, and I’d like to see a returner who actually makes a move and improves field position after he catches the kick. That’s one reason why I would cut Camarillo and Aromashodu first. I don’t know how Arceneaux shapes up in the return game, and I’d like to see what he has before I pass judgement against him. I’ll be in Mankato on Saturday, so hopefully I can get a good look at all of these guys then.

32. By sandiamond on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

We have always had punt returners that don’t fumble but don’t gain any breakaway returns for yardage. I agree it’s about time we explore some of the young players in that slot. Look forward to the report Parody

33. By sandiamond on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

no problem fred i was referencing the dull blog itself

34. By Tim on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

Joe Webb Might be a Good choice for a punt returner.

35. By Tim on Aug 4, 2011 | Reply

Elgar. The MN vikings will always be the MN vikings FAITH BUD.