Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions

Posted by Mike Wobschall on June 24, 2011 – 7:05 am

You have questions, we have answers. The Monday Morning Mailbag will be in its usual spot next week and we want you to participate.

To submit a comment or question, send an email to me at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net. You can also submit your comment or question in the comments section below this entry.

Remember to include your name and town on the comment/email. We can’t post every comment/question, but we’ll try to answer each question.

36 Responses to “Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions”

1. By Bruce Phillips on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Hi, Mike…Can you tell us what the drop dead date is for the organization to decide if training camp will be in Mankato or not? A couple of teams have already decided to not travel this year due to the lockout. Thanks, and keep up the great work!

2. By DRS on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike, it is clear that the majority of Minnesotans do not want the Vikings to get their new stadium; so when will the Vikings move to LA? Is there a chance the Vikings may be sold and moved to Organ?

3. By DRS on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike, do you think there will be a last full season in Minnesota?

4. By DRS on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

This is from

An online petition fraught with political considerations is asking the government in Minnesota to require the Minnesota Vikings to build a new stadium in downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul, rather than in suburban Arden Hills, and that the team and its stadium users cover the project’s full cost.

5. By DRS on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

This is from

To be sure, this wouldn’t be the first time in history that a major stadium project was shoved down taxpayer throats at the last moment. The last-second scramble might be the most politically expedient way of affirming a stadium, but that doesn’t mean we have to like it.

6. By DRS on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike, I sure hope that the Minnesota law makers can over look the majority of them sort sighted Minnesotans and get the stadium bill done this year; though it is not looking good at this time.

7. By joshK on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

are the wide receivers and starters refusing to participate in workouts because they dont think Webb or Ponder are going to be the starting QB. i realize Rice is history he has an excuse but Percy and Berrian should be in FL working out.

8. By CB on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

It sound like Sidney Rice is going to test the free agent market when the new CBA gets done. How likely is it, that the Vikings will resign him? If they can not resign him, do you think they will try to get another free agent wide receiver? If so, who do you think they will try to get?

9. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike,
    According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Vikings offered Vincent Jackson a 2 yr 18 million contract before last years trade dead line only to fail to satisfy the Chargers demands for compensation. What was the compensation the Chargers wanted last year?? Was it more than the franchise tag compensation the Chargers would get for Vincent Jackson this year?

If Rice is signed by another team, do you think the Vikings will pursue V. Jackson even more aggressively this year?

10. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike,
    Between 04 and 09 Tj Houshmandzaden averaged over 87 reception per year. TJ is a 33 year old free agent WR for Baltimore who many people speculate will not be resigned because the Ravens drafted Torrey Smith this year.

I know the Vikings have flirted with the idea of landing Houshmandzaden in the past… What is you opinion of TJ? Is he a good fit for the Vikings?

I am keeping my fingers cross that we can resign Rice.

11. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike,
    There is a lot of talk and speculation that Donovan McNabb might be a good fit for the Vikings. I am not sure what to really think about NcNabb as a Viking. So I began to compare some of his career stats agianst free-agent Marc Bulger’s stats. I was suprised that Marc has been sacked 254 times compared to Donovan’s 394 sacks. Marc has a higher career comp % at 62.1 compared to NcNabb’s 58 %. Bulger is an inch taller an a year younger. Bulgers career avg per completion is 7.2 to McNabbs 6.9. Donovan has a higer QB rate at 85.7 compared to 84.4 for Marc. Career yardage and TDs also favor McNabb… but what I like about Bulger is his professionalism he shows as a backup.

Mike, if you had the choice between McNabb or Bulger as a future veteran QB, who would you pick as a better fit for the Vikings?

12. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike, When do you think the lockout will end? Can you create a fun competition for us fans to guess when the lockout will end? What do you think about the winner getting an autographed Vikings helmet? That would be cool right?

13. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Ok Titus, I am going for 12 in a row… probably won’t happen, I have slow typing skills.

14. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike,
    Do you think Emmanual Arceneaux can make as big of an impact in the NFL as he did in the CFL? If he as speed guy or a possession type WR?

15. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

I meant to say “is” he a speed guy.

16. By Frederick Jones on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

@Carl K.,

I don’t know anything about Arceneaux, but it’s possible he could be a threat.

Did you know that Ty Cobb (Tigers Baseball player), was known to have showed up for spring training late, and also walked out early durings some regular season games!

Unlike Randy Moss, Cobb was hated by most of his teammates.

17. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike,
    I know you don’t like Randy Moss… but what do you think about Sidney Rice? Do you think he is the best FA WR on the market? Has Rice been easy and nice to work with from a media stand point? Do you have any stories about Rice you can share?

18. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Hi Freddy.

19. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Fred are you sure Randy was loved by all his team mates?

20. By Carl K on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think many of his coaches love him?

21. By Frederick Jones on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

@Carl K,

I was a fan of Randy Moss. But I don’t think his talent makes up for his disruptive influence. A guy like that is cancer to a winning team. Randy is one of those guys who was born on third base, and goes through life telling everyone he hit a triple.

22. By Stoney on Jun 25, 2011 | Reply

Hey Fred, how big is Arceneaux? Was he the top CFL WR?

23. By Carl K on Jun 25, 2011 | Reply

I would not say Moss is cancer… but his history is not great. Lets take a look

Mike Tice and Randy Moss lasted 3 years (Minn) – end result – Tices fired.
    Norv Turner and Moss lasted 1 year (Oakland) – Turner fired.
    Art She’ll and Moss lasted 1 year (Oakland) – Art S. fired.
    Brad Childress lasted less than 1 year (MInn) – Moss cut/Childress fired.
    Jeff Fisher and Randy Moss lasted less than 1 year (Tenn) – Fisher fired.

My advice to Frazier is keep the book closed on Randy Moss.

24. By Parody on Jun 26, 2011 | Reply

Nice list…yet it conveniently passed right over Bill Belichick, I wonder if he still has a job?

Also left out Dennis Green, who got fired a few years after drafting Moss.

25. By Carl K on Jun 26, 2011 | Reply

Parody – nice observation! Denny Green and Belichick were left off the list because they experienced good success with Moss. And Yes, Belichick still has a job.

I will also note that I think Tice had sucess with Moss also. As a fan I have enjoyed Randy Moss as a WR. I think it is somewhat unfair to call him Cancer.

26. By Carl K on Jun 26, 2011 | Reply

Here is just one of many Randy Moss Memorable Moments.

27. By Carl K on Jun 26, 2011 | Reply

There’s no denying that Randy Moss has been one of the most dynamic talents in the game. I know I said his history with coaches isn’t great… and it seems when you need him the most he takes plays off… or does something to embarr@ss the team. However, I do believe his finer moments out number his “not so fine” moments.

I don’t think it is a good idea to bring Randy back to the Vikings, but at the same time I don’t want to “DOG” on him either. I just want to remember the many memorable moments he gave us.

28. By Parody on Jun 26, 2011 | Reply

Here’s one of my favorite Moss Moments:

29. By Parody on Jun 26, 2011 | Reply

Some people say it was an embarassing or disrespectful act, but that’s because people are far too uptight, and most don’t know the history behind it.

After the incident, I learned that Packer fans greet opposing buses as they roll into the stadium for every game by having a large group of them moon the bus. That’s actually mooning the bus, not the fake immitation that Moss gave back to them.

30. By Carl K on Jun 27, 2011 | Reply

I remember watching that game on TV, and when it happened I was yelling at my wife that Moss just mooned the crowd… of course I was in a good mood because the Vikings just scored… when she came in to see the replay, she said oh that is just a fake moon.

As a Vikings fan, I enjoyed it, but at the same time thought it was unsportsman like and unprofessional because I did not (like most people) know the story behind it.

If the story of the Packer fans mooning the players would have broke or been talked about before the game… the Randy fake moon would have been much funnier.

31. By jvernon on Jun 27, 2011 | Reply

We should get McNabb, Rice will stay. We need a center,RG/RT, and WR. On defense if Pat don’t play we and Ray gon we need DT/DE/OLB/DB. We should try our best to get Nnamdi. Let him and Griffin play corners and Winfield play safety with Tyrell Johnson or Willams. Last year in the 13years ive watch the vikings they never came in last. So im ready for a bounce back season

32. By Rogerthevikefan on Jun 27, 2011 | Reply

How about Plax he is 6’5 and has about 33 tds in the redzone. Not sure of the time span. Nnamdi would be awesome. Plus Matt Light would secure Ponder’s blindside. Bulger over McNabb because the Skins likely will wait to see how good of a offer they can get. Resign Rice no matter what.

33. By dave on Jun 28, 2011 | Reply

i think harvey dahl would be another good pickup alonf with matt light and if possible Nnamdi would be an awesome addition

34. By dave on Jun 28, 2011 | Reply

and get rice back

35. By dave on Jun 28, 2011 | Reply

MIke is it possible around the time season comes we could still trade Bryant Mckenie for a draft pick if we could pick up an offensive Tackle?

36. By Ekolu on Jul 5, 2011 | Reply

Hey Mike, Im just wondering why Kevin Williams didn’t just take his punishment and sit out the last 4 games of last season since they were already eliminated. This is another logistical mistake by a Viking player referring to the Sidney Rice fiasco last year.