Vikings Support 38th Annual MN High School All-Star Game

Posted by Mike Wobschall on June 22, 2011 – 12:00 pm

It’s not an NFL contest and it won’t be played in an NFL stadium, but there’s a football game in Minneapolis on Saturday and the Vikings have a stake in the action.

The 38th annual Minnesota High School All-Star Game will be played this Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium and a pair of former Vikings will be head coaches for each team. The game’s format pits a “North” team against a “South” team, with the line drawn through the Metro area and former TE Joe Senser leading the North team against former LB Matt Blair’s South squad.

The Vikings are one of many sponsors of the all-star game and will have a presence beyond Blair and Senser. Head coach Leslie Frazier will give a (pre-taped) congratulations message during pregame and other entertainment and in-game elements will be supported by the Vikings.

Check out www.allstarfootball.org to learn more about the game and you can click here to view the North and South rosters in a PDF format. Kickoff is slated for 7:00 p.m.

Posted in Mike Wobschall | 13 Comments »

13 Responses to “Vikings Support 38th Annual MN High School All-Star Game”

1. By Frederick Jones on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

All bloggers so far have stressed the need to sign Sidney Rice. He is a rare player, and has a great attitude.

A recent pundant stated that Jared Allen, and Adrian Peterson are the best at their positions in the NFL. He only named ONE guy for every spot. For example Jared Allen was the only one picked at DE in the entire NFL !

The Vikings just have to take care of some obvious weaknesses, and they will be back in the hunt.

The CBA will end soon because nobody wants to lose money.
    I also feel that we will get a stadium in the near future, but it might not be one
    with a retractable roof. I also think it will be in Mpls.

2. By Packer on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

I like football

3. By DRS on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

Shoreview council member starts petition against Vikes’ Arden Hills stadium
    By Joe Kimball | Published Wed, Jun 22 2011 1:52 pm

As a plan to build a government-subsidized stadium in Arden Hills for the Vikings remains alive and bubbling in the background of the Capitol budget turmoil, a city council member from neighboring Shoreview wants the state to punt on the proposal.

Shoreview Council Member Blake Huffman has even created an online petition, demanding that a stadium be built in Minneapolis and that the Vikings pay the entire cost.

_council_member_starts_petition_against_vikes_arden_hills_stadium

4. By DRS on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

That is great; I like football and seeing the young players achieve something good.

5. By DRS on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

Frederick Jones, the Vikings have told us fans they do not want it any ware in the Mpls area, no room to do anything.

6. By DRS on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

This is from,

ROSEMONT, Ill. – The next time NFL owners meet over labor, there is hope it will be to ratify a new collective bargaining agreement with the players.

Don’t get carried away thinking a deal is imminent. Optimism is in the air, for sure. That doesn’t mean the end of the lockout is at hand.

Owners were briefed Tuesday on discussions for a new CBA that would net the players just under 50 percent of total revenues. Next up: more talks with the players in the Boston area

7. By Titus on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

How about this idea to end the CBA– everyone take less and charge the fans less for tickets.

8. By Frederick Jones on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

@DRS,

The end of the CBA is likely because there is a lot of money involved. If there is no season, there is no money.

9. By Frederick Jones on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

I had to look up the baseball strike of 1994-95 to make sure I had my facts straight. According to Donald Fehr, Head of the Players Union, the players had no choice except to strike because not only would they lose free agency, they would also lose most of their retirement benefits.

That was a very long time ago. Times have changed, and the NFL players would still do well under ownership plans offered in recent months. So the owners, and the players will both lose big time if there isn’t a season.

Training camp usually starts around mid to late July. I predict a late August start. Pre-season games might be canceled. But both sides can afford to wait until then.

10. By Titus on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

I hope we have a full season. I think all the bloggers should go to a game together.

11. By DRS on Jun 23, 2011 | Reply

This is from,

“I think one of the things that Bud Grant appreciated about me was that I was a football player,” Cox says about the Vikings’ Hall of Fame coach. “He would give me the cards (containing the opponent’s predominant formations and plays) and I would run the scout-team offense and the scout-team defense. Very few kickers even today probably understand defense. If you told them to put everybody in a 5-2 under, they would look at you like you had something to drink. I knew where to put everybody.

“I played middle linebacker on the scout-team defense. On offense, in the early years, I played running back. Later on, I lined up at center.”

12. By DRS on Jun 23, 2011 | Reply

Cox now there was an NFL player.

13. By DRS on Jun 23, 2011 | Reply

If only the players of this time would have the commitment of the coxes of the past. We would be winners once more. Maybe something the young ones can be taught.