Harvin’s Headaches Down, Explosion Up

Posted by Mike Wobschall on June 21, 2011 – 8:23 am

While the work stoppage has been a headache for football fans over the last several months, some good news for Vikings fans regarding headaches emerged this week while WR Percy Harvin visited his hometown in Virginia to host a free football camp for youngsters.

Harvin, who has been bothered by migraines since he was a youngster, told Ed Miller of the Virginian-Pilot that he hasn’t had one of his debilitating migraines in 5 to 6 months and that “This is the best I’ve felt, probably, since I’ve been in kindergarten.”

In his report, Miller says Harvin was reluctant to go into detail regarding his medical condition, but the 2009 rookie of the year expressed optimism that perhaps he’s found a way to manage the issue.

“I met a couple of doctors,” Harvin said. “There were a couple of things they found in my neck that I won’t get into – some things they found and fixed, along with diet and the rest of the things that can cause them.

“It’s been great, and knock on wood, it’ll continue.”

Miller’s report is worth a read as he details the camp Harvin is helping to host; it’s free of charge to participants. Harvin also said “My explosion is to a whole ‘nother level. My speed has gotten back to top-notch level, so I’m feeling great and really anticipating the season.”

Tags:

52 Responses to “Harvin’s Headaches Down, Explosion Up”

1. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Great for Percy! Hopefully he’ll use it to his advantage and show us that he can bring his game to a whole new level now that he’s significantly healthier than he’s ever been in his career.

2. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

That’s kind of scary huh? He was a top-notch receiver before, and now he has the potential to blow his previous performance out of the water. Watch out CBs, the headaches might not actually be gone, he just may be passing them on to you!

3. By Dave the vikefan on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Great news! :0)

4. By Bigfan1 on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Fantastic, great to hear now if the rest of the team can improve as much.

5. By DRS on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

This is from,

While the Vikings and/or Ramsey County could seek bonds or loans that would close that gap, they still would have to be paid back by surcharges and fees generated by the new stadium (and paid for by fans anyway).

Which is why it’s good news for Minnesota fans who don’t want to see their team move to Los Angeles to hear that, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Wilf agreed to add another $30 million to fund the project.

6. By Shawn on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Minnesota politics really looks bad … road work is governments resposibility, how they can even play this game is NUTZ , Zygi has been amazing through this process despite being ignored in nearly every idea hes had

Zygi doesnt even want the roof … MN forced it on him

Zygi offered 300 million … and has now come up to 430 million

7. By Mortimer Duke on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

If people werent such lazy communists they would build their own roads to their destinations … Why do I have to help these middle and lower class scu’m leave their homes. Then they ask for health care baloney let them die. I have no time for this.

8. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Wow…if I didn’t know any better, I would swear that Mortimer Duke was Shawn in disguise…

9. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

That is to say, in disguise as a Rich Republican..

10. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

…a rich republican named Mortimer Duke…

11. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

…but the name is just too obvious, so it must be a coincidence that they posted back to back…

12. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

…and I feel I must point out that Mortimer Duke is actually an anagram for
    Met Dome R.K.R.I.U.
    which is obviously short for
    Metrodome, Republican Knowledge Retains Its Uselessness

13. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

…yea, not a chance that was Shawn…

14. By CA Norwegian on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

??????
    Percy, thanks and congratulations for being you. I do not want to knock wood, I want to see AP and Greenway deliver it. I hope you’re right about your problems being gone. We need you to do what you do, and if it is even better thanks ahead of time.

15. By CA Norwegian on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Roads: The people who use them the most should pay for them… It is what seems fair about Gas Taxes toward such endeavors. Maybe big crowds and big construction and TV production vehicles would overwhelm the current road structure. If I upset anyone, I am sorry. I hope everyone gets it done, and they win it alll in NM oops thats MN.

16. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

The way that things should happen and the way that they do happen are often very different things. As far as roads go, we all pay for roads across the state, regardless of how many we use, or how well maintained the ones are which we do use. The fact of the matter on that issue is that the state needs to do major roadwork there regardless of whether a stadium gets built, they’re just trying to tack it onto the Vikings’ bill, even though I’m sure that the state will get full say over how it’s completed.

17. By Mike on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Glad to see Harvin is able to manage his migrains. i just hope there is a season. Getting awful late into the summer, with no labor deal.

18. By DRS on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Parody, I agree, and that could be true about the entire country. We all pay taxes to pay for the roads, but the roads are always in need of repair. The Government takes our money for whatever reason, and then it puts it into whatever pet projects that their big money people want, (DEM’s or REPUB’s). They plead the case that they have no money, when in fact they have plenty to give to governments who are the sworn enemies of the USA. They look to their favorite wiping boy, (big Business), to provide the services that are theirs, (the government) to provide. Minnesota get the stadium bill passed and repair your own roads, have not the Vikings offered more than their fare share?

19. By DRS on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

It is hard to feel sorry for the players not having a season, when they are part of the problem in the first place. Rich v. the rich. I feel sorry about the fans.

20. By DRS on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Get the CBA done now and get the stadium done as well. Now.

21. By DRS on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

New Mexico Vikings, Hmmmmm. Sounds good to me. LOL.

22. By DRS on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

I am sure New Mexico would build the open-air stadium that Zygi wants in the Santé Fe area. Built Wright in to the moutons in the area, maybe at half the cost of Minnesota’s cost that they will not put forth unless it will be built around the old dome site, how ironic that would be for the Vikings to go from MN to NM. Just kidding at this point, but how long will the Vikings wait to get their stadium?

23. By Frederick Jones on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Parody,

I was very disappointed with the remarks you made to me about a blog I wrote to two other guys. You are better than that !

People just don’t understand the complexities of what happens in coaching. Some things are just beyond his control. He can’t be G O D. But fans expect him to be.

Do you need examples? Pro Football Reference.

That’s right, Pro Football Reference.

More than 50% of the NFL coaches have won in one place, and then been unable to win in another.

It ain’t always the coach, and it’s not that simple.

24. By Frederick Jones on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

It’s pretty clear Randy Moss will not return to the Vikings.

Again, it’s fans not being able to understand coaching, politics, and teamwork.

I don’t understand how the internet works: Is there a little man in there?
    Are there people stationed all over the country/world pressing buttons?

I don’t know everything, but I am aware that we do not know everything that happens within a football team. It’s complex, secretive, and sometime obscene.

There are things going on right now that would make your head spin ! ! !

25. By Frederick Jones on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall,

You are doing a good job. Vikings.com is a better blog than that of the
    Lions, or Bears. It’s easy to log in and out, and you don’t have to wait a month to get your blog approved.

I hope you keep the blog exactly the same as it is right now.

26. By Shawn on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

@Parody … :) … I was watching Trading Places

27. By Shawn on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

You know if we lived in a intelligent society , it would be so easy to close the budget gap … I CAN COME UP WITH THE SOLUTION

R E A D Y

LET THE POT HEADS OUT OF PRISON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMPLETE WASTE OF TAX PAYER MONEY

I myself dont like the stuff but I know pot heads are less dangerous than drunks … WAR ON DRUGS ANOTHER STUPID WASTE OF TAX MONEY CREATED BY REPUBLICANS

All the drugs in the war on drugs our pharmicists have made a chemicall equivalent to … so whats the point

28. By Shawn on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Oxycotton you know the drug of choice by your beloved Rush is a step below heroin …. its the same thing

29. By Shawn on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

but of course we have reublicans holding intelligent society back

10 years later they are finally BARELY murmuring that they were liars on “global warming” or climate change

30. By Shawn on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

did you know marijuana , cocaine , and heroine were all legal until 1810ish when rich white guys got scared slaves would get some and kill them ?

our drug law foundation was created from racism

thats a fact look it up

31. By Shawn on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Well cant wait to return to the backlash ima get from this session of Shawn said it

32. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Fred – There were some really obvious mistakes that Childress made, especially in his last year. I didn’t care for him to begin with, but the team was improving regardless of my impressions of him. Then he fought way too hard for Favre, while putting up little effort to retain other key players, (Birk, C.Taylor, Sharper) and couldn’t deal with the result of his decision to trade away the 3rd round pick. His pet project never panned out and he couldn’t motivate probowlers to perform at even an average level one year removed from their stellar performance.

I still have a sneaking suspiscion that it was the big contract he signed that allowed the team to fall out from underneath him, possibly with intent. The guy just has the sort of character that I wouldn’t put it past him to be happy earning millions of dollars for being fired.

33. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn – I miss Mortimer Duke, what happened to that guy?

34. By Parody on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

@DRS – I never felt sorry for the players on the issue. Far from it. But the owners have not been gaining any ground in my books either. I love football, and have become pretty happy watching the Vikings every year, so the only thing I’m sorry for is all those of us fans who are in position to miss watching the game we love this year. I’m also worried that the bargaining agreement will change the way that players are acquired and teams are built so much that the game will lose its entertainment value along with it.

The fact that both sides are hiding everything from us the fans, who are buying everything that makes their large paychecks possible, really irritates me. What do they have to lose by telling us what is going on?

I applaud those who have the strength to stop watching the game if the CBA impedes the 2011 season, but I love it so much that I’ll just be happy to be watching again, whenever that may be. It’s been tough enough to refrain from buying NFL merchandise, but I have stayed true to that resolution and will until it’s all resolved, which is a decent chunk of my own paycheck that they will not be seeing.

35. By Shawn on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

@Parody … Im sure he will pop in from time to time

36. By Frederick Jones on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

I’m just saying that we only have part of the story when it comes to the coaches. I hope things work out for Frazier. Perhaps Singletary will punch out the stupids on the Vikings administration, or at least scare them.

Do you ever wonder how qualified some of these owners are to be making football decisions? Some of them know less about football than the average vikings.com blogger. And they get to determine the future of national champion coaches ! ! !

But don’t get me started. lol

37. By Frederick Jones on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

I apologize to Mike B., and Rock,

But Coaching is very close to my heart.

Trust me, men like Mike Ditka, Dennis Green, Jim Mora, and more recently
    Tom Cable, Jeff Fisher, Wade Phillips, etc. know football, and ALL are great coaches. And all are above average intelligence.

38. By Titus on Jun 21, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, cocaine was legal much later than 1810. Not sure why I am blogging on this on a football site.

39. By Parody on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

Fred – You never have the full story, and in this case we never will. That which we know about Childress is plenty for me to stand strong on my opinion of him, since I believe it to be far too much wasted effort to balance out the what-ifs to their end. Further, for all the what-ifs you have about him being a good coach, there will be just as many to further the opposite opinion.

On the other hand, I personally liked Denny Green and thought it was a horrible decision to let him go, especially in consideration of the man that was chosen as his replacement. I don’t have a clue to the answer, but how many offensive line coaches have moved into a head coaching position with strong success?

40. By Parody on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

Titus – It’s because you’re a teacher with a red marker always within reach.

41. By Alex on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

I think the vikes should go to iowa, im just saying

42. By Alex on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

Dang peeps, percy feels better? I will not be surprise if his already “A” game improves drastically, maybe to an “A+++”. The kid plays like andre jonhson, and runs thru tackles like my boy ALL DAY AP…Trust me this kid will be one of the greates of all time. Its got nothing to do with the fact that he is my favorite WR either, oh no, he is just that good.

43. By Frederick Jones on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

I feel the same about Green. When he left the Vikings his record was equal to the Lombardi won-loss record !

I followed Green when he took over at Northwestern, which at the time was an impossible place to win. He set things up for the next coach by winning a few games and getting the main personnel needed to win.

Because he is black, he’s had difficulty getting another HC job in the NFL.

You have to admit that Arizona is a very difficult place to win, and always has been. I have my theories why Arizona is a tough place to win, but I’ll keep them to myself.

44. By Parody on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

Well I can say from visiting AZ that one reason it’s a tough place to win is because of the lowfan support. Don’t get me wrong, they have their share of fans, but being a retirement state they also have a fair share of fans of MANY other teams. Any sports bar you walk into will have two NFL logos, one is the Cardinals and the other could be any of the 31 other NFL teams.

So at any individual home game they’ll have significantly more opposing fans at the stadium than the league average. I was actually pretty surprised when I went to the game there a couple years ago and found it extremely easy to congregate with hoards of other Vikings fans outside the stadium before the game.

45. By Frederick Jones on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

At Parody,

That interesting. Perhaps Arizona would be an interesting place. Can you imagine the arguments they have there. Knockdown,drag out fights! Then again if they are seniors…maybe not.

46. By DRS on Jun 22, 2011 | Reply

Shoreview council member starts petition against Vikes’ Arden Hills stadium
    By Joe Kimball | Published Wed, Jun 22 2011 1:52 pm

As a plan to build a government-subsidized stadium in Arden Hills for the Vikings remains alive and bubbling in the background of the Capitol budget turmoil, a city council member from neighboring Shoreview wants the state to punt on the proposal.

Shoreview Council Member Blake Huffman has even created an online petition, demanding that a stadium be built in Minneapolis and that the Vikings pay the entire cost.

47. By Parody on Jun 23, 2011 | Reply

Fred – They’re not all seniors. I might even go so far to assume that a lot of the opposing fans that go to games in AZ could also be visiting older relatives on the same weekend. Wouldn’t it be nice to go visit grandma on Saturday and then go to a football game on Sunday? “No no grandma, I swear, our flight’s at 6pm but we have to leave the house at 11am because the airlines all require you to be at least 6-hours early!!”

48. By kh on Jun 23, 2011 | Reply

hopefully the vikes can get past the Bret Favre days and move forward with ponder or webb

49. By NWMNGUY on Jun 27, 2011 | Reply

PERCY HARVIN ROCKS! What an exciting player to watch! Saw some college game footage! WOW! A+++ game would be out of this world! Go Percy Go Vikes, go CBA! GIT’R done!

50. By vikingfan1955 on Jun 29, 2011 | Reply

Look ppl witha healthy harvin and rice as well as ap we have the offense to go all the way with a decent qb and the recievers are all young and have quality experience. If the d is strong and I think the coaching staff with the addittion of singletary will make us serious contenders early in the yr. what the qb has to do in his first yr is limit the turn overs, and get protection from the defensive line.

51. By J on Jul 1, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Chiropractic… or… “things I won’t get into”

52. By скрутить спидометр on Jan 15, 2012 | Reply

Thank you, I have recently been searching for information approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the best I have discovered so far. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you certain about the supply?|What i don’t understood is in reality how you’re no longer really a lot more neatly-liked than you might be now. You’re very intelligent.