Former Vikings DL Paul Dickson Passes

Posted by Mike Wobschall on June 10, 2011 – 9:53 am

Paul Dickson, an original member of the Minnesota Vikings with an important tie to the Purple People Eaters, passed away on Tuesday. He was 74.

A 13-year NFL veteran and Texas native, Dickson spent 10 seasons (1961-70) with the Vikings after being drafted 9th overall by the Rams in 1959. It took a couple of trades, but Dickson eventually found his way onto the inaugural Vikings team after he came to Minnesota via trade from Cleveland with legendary DT Jim Marshall.

“He was a great person and an excellent player,” Jim Marshall said to Phil Miller of the Star Tribune in this piece summarizing Dickson’s life.

Miller writes that Dickson started alongside Marshall for 6 seasons in the Vikings early years, with Marshall playing right end and Dickson playing right tackle. Dickson and Marshall were close friends largely because they shared similar interests off the field and a similar style of play on the field.

“He would play like he was angry, but he really wasn’t. It scared the rookies,” Marshall said. “But he was a great guy, a practical joker. A good teammate.”

Dickson, who earned the nickname “The Growler,” was drafted as an offensive lineman in ’59 but the Vikings moved him to DT in ’61. Eventually the Vikings had Marshall, Carl Eller, Gary Larsen and Alan Page as starters along the defensive line, a unit known as the Purple People Eaters. But Dickson remained a valuable part of the defense and of the defensive line as a backup. In his piece for the Star Tribune, Miller also spoke with legendary Vikings Head Coach Bud Grant about his former player.

“He accepted that role, and made sure he was a really valuable member of that team,” said Grant. “I don’t know if we could have found a better player behind those guys. He practiced so hard every day, and got some important minutes in. Good under pressure.”

For more on Dickson and the details of his funeral arrangements, check out Miller’s piece by clicking here.

Tags: , , ,

158 Responses to “Former Vikings DL Paul Dickson Passes”

1. By Frederick Jones on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

I read all the comments by Titus, and Parody on avoiding get blocked for using “swear words within another word.”

Mike Wobschall would you PLEASE list the swear words being blocked.

Do it now before the blogging increases when/If the season starts.

2. By Frederick Jones on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

—-Mike—-Wobschall would you PLEASE list the swear words being blocked.

3. By Frederick Jones on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

M I K E W O B S C H A L L would you please LIST the swear words being blocked.

These blockages do not prevent swearing, in fact it may actually increase swearing because bloggers get angry when they can’t make an “enthusiastic” reply.

PLEASE

4. By Mike Wobschall on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

i don’t know the words that get blocked.

5. By shukin on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

I think Offencive Lineman is one of them lol.

6. By shukin on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Oops I meant Offensive..

7. By Titus on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

WELL MIKE, If you don’t know– as lead writer/editor of this site, please be proactive and find out– it is important to the flow of the blogs. PROACTIVE– one of the habits in Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People– Great book.

8. By Touchdown on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

who does? Frederick has a good point.

9. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

@Fred – in response to your question from the previous blog, the way that I put accents on top of letters is by accessing the special characters. There are a lot of special characters that were never put onto American keyboards because, quite frankly we rarely use them, if ever. These special characters include vowels (and some consonants) with special accents over them.

In order to use them, you need to hold down the ALT button while typing in the character’s code on your numpad. Please note, it HAS to happen on the num pad with Num Lock turned on, so some laptops will be unable accomplish this. This method allows you to use all the characters that exist for the font that is being used.

The following codes (ALT+ ####) will result in the letters that appear on the subsequent row. You can see that there is a sequential ordering method behind the system, so you play around and test the other numbers in the range to find ALL the characters.

0229 0231 0234 0239 0241 0242 0252 0255
    å ç ê ï ñ ò ú ÿ

10. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

@ Mike – When I contacted you about this earlier, you were able to pull strings enough to remove “ass” from the list of blocked words so we could type “pass” in the blogs. For some reason that’s all the further that you went, but it was enough to tell me that even if you don’t manage the controls directly, you must have a working relationship with the person who does. I’m sure if you present our complaints to this person, you can convince them that it is in the interest of the website to make some of the proposed changes.

11. By Titus on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

It seems this article is nearly identical to what I read in the Star Trib last night.

12. By shukin on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

shyte

13. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Titus – I think that’s because the information for the article was taken directly from the Star Tribune’s post, which is why it was referenced and then linked to at the end of the blog.

14. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

That seems to be the way that most of the news for these blogs comes in – from other news sources. Because of that, we read about events a day or so after they had been originally reported by another source.

15. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

I think that this site should put more effort into being the front runner for news about the team. Having direct contact with the team, coaches and players, the writers here ought to be the first ones to present the news to the public.

The writers need to try harder to create their own stories, instead of waiting for someone else’s hot topic to show up, and then regurgitating it to their readers.

16. By Titus on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Exactly what I am thinking Parody– Mike can reference the Trib, but he should do some of his own reporting– instead this article is almost completely, like you said, a regurgitation of another source. The Trib should be just one source among many. I am sure Mike could have made some calls and met with Coach Grant and had some new insights. That is what journalism is all about. I know Mike is capable; I would love to see him develop his skill sets.

17. By DRS on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

My condolences to the family of Paul Di-ckson; what a great player he was.

God Bless him and his family. Have a great night.

18. By DRS on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

It is bad whae you can not say a players name.

19. By DRS on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Oopps. when, not whae. sorry. Long day, 400+ miles. have a good one.

20. By Titus on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

No problema, DRS, we understood.

21. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Speak for yourself Titus, I thought he meant to say whale!

22. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Okay, I lied. I was at least 80% certain that I knew what word he was shooting for too…

23. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

But yea, blocks that keep you from saying players’ names is one thing, but being unable to use the lingo of the topic at hand (pässes and bålls in the case of Football), that’s something that really needs to be reconsidered.

If only our opinions could be considered by someone who pulls the strings around here…

24. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

BTW – do you like how I put that ball right on top of the word bålls? It’s kind of like a football coming straight at you in a perfect spiral…easy to catch unless your name is Troy Williamson! ;)

25. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Oh yea, and that emoticon up there is winking, he didn’t try to catch the ball with his left eye! But if he were Troy Williamson, you could see how that might have happened…

26. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

It’s tough to even find news on the team right now, except for stadium rumors. The latest being that Los Angelos has been speaking with the team about a move. http://www.startribune.com/local/east/123666529.html

The positive swing to the story is that at least they are also talking with four other teams, the Rams, Chargers, Raiders, and Jaguars. Personally I can’t see the Chargers moving there for some reason, but it makes more sense to get a former team to return to its roots than to try to implant a new one. Maybe that’s just wishful thinking though.

27. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

*Former teams being Rams and Raiders…that comment should have been a new sentence, now that I look back and it and realize the misdirection it causes.

28. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Now as far as new blogs, I think it would be nice to see one that lets us know why the lockout is dragging on for so long. Something more than “the two sides don’t see eye-to-eye yet.” I’d like to see something that lays out what the players’ demands are, what the owners are willing to give them, and potentially gives some quotes from both sides that accurately depict the reasoning of their party.

Like most people, I have my own opinions on the issue, but they are mostly uneducated opinions and I’d like the chance to change that. Plus, I think such an article could really get some good discussion going during an otherwise dead time of the year, fan-wise.

29. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

I’d also like to see something that lists the upcoming events in the blogs every now and then. I was rather perturbed to find out about the last two events on the day they happened, having no chance to adjust my schedule so that I could attend and participate.

30. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Does anybody know if the special legislative session has been planned yet? Maybe we as fans could plan a rally the same day around the capital to show that we want the stadium bill to get passed more than we want the budget deficit to be solved this year!

31. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

BUT that would be something that we’d need to start advertising pretty quickly, to give as many people as possible the chance to see it, adjust their schedules and join us in the cause.

32. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Okay, now I feel like I’m rambling on – 12 consecutive posts is a bit much. It’s kind of like talking to myself, and I don’t have a meeting with my neurologist for another month yet, so maybe I should take it easy.

I think I’ll sit back a few hours now and let someone else try adding to the “discussion”.

33. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

I just hope that when someone else does eventually jump in, they try to keep one of the conversations going that I’ve been having with myself. I’d hate to have to tell that psycho quack that calls himself a doctor that I really was talking to myself…

34. By Parody on Jun 10, 2011 | Reply

Okay, that’s it for now for real. I think I should try to get some sleep anyways. Weekends always require plenty of sleep before a day of sitting and watching TV for hours on end.

35. By Shawn on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

hahha parody … great conversation, and throwing in a wonderfull troy williamson referance

i would also love to know or see a list of players wants and a list of owners wants ….

36. By Frederick Jones on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

You must be a professional writer. Perhaps you could get a job with Vikings.com ! ! !

Thanks for the blog on accents ! I’ll try it.

37. By Frederick Jones on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

I tried to type the letter a with an accent over it. It didn’t work.

My PC is not a laptop, perhaps that’s why it doesn’t work?

Either that or I need to keep trying?

38. By Titus on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

I think it is perfectly acceptable to talk to oneself. Blogging to oneself is another matter.

39. By Frederick Jones on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

I agree that it would be interesting to know what each side of the CBA is demanding.

They are probably keeping this info. “in house” to give fans like us less to complain about.

40. By Frederick Jones on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

It’s the same kind of pride that keeps nations at war for hundreds of years.

41. By Titus on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Fred, it really is about pride. If there is no season, the lost revenue for one season will be hard to make up. And if there is fallout like there was in baseball– whatever the two sides want more of, will take years to recover. Pretty sad. At the end of the day, they don’t seem to have a passion for the game, nor respect for the fans. Isn’t the NFL doing well? Are they not profitable beyond most of the world’s imagination? Almost the whole global population would trade places with them, but they are not satisfied. Give it up, lay aside the pride and get back to work. If there is no season, or it starts in November– I am not kidding, I will not pay attention to this sport any longer.

42. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

This is from,

“Both sides feel the pressure now,” another league source told Breer. “There’s risk on both sides legally here. Neither side is completely comfortable with its legal position. So it’s imperative to work now before one side or the other potentially gets the upper hand.”

43. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

This is from,

According to sources on each side of the talks, the NFL and players have come to an understanding that the time to bargain seriously is now. And as much as the ongoing litigation has set the calendar thus far, the calendar itself — and the looming mid-summer start of training camps — is starting to overtake the litigation as a motivator to move the talks along.

44. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Maybe they have come to their senses?

45. By Titus on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Let’s hope DRS, let’s hope. Tour de France starts in about three weeks.

46. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

I hope the NFL, Players and the state of Minnesota gets their act together. Let’s have a season, a new stadium with some sanity soon.

47. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

where did this come from?

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

48. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Oh-well.

49. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

This is from,

GOP leaders say they’re willing to increase their K-12 education and public safety bills by more than $100 million in order to meet Gov. Mark Dayton’s targets.

50. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

This is from,

Governor Mark Dayton and Republican leaders will talk about the budget Monday, hoping to avoid a government shutdown.

It’ll be their second meeting since the legislative session ended.

51. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Get the budget done, and move on the stadium bill and pass it now. Time is running out.

52. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Every one have a great day.

53. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

This is from

The current bill, which is still yet to be introduced at the Capitol, calls for Ramsey County to kick in $350 million through a half-cent sales tax increase without getting voter approval. Opponents of the plan see a potential referendum as their last line of defense

54. By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

How come a majority of Minnesotans cannot see the need for the Vikings, and the value of the new stadium? They went kicking and screaming into the twin’s stadium as well.

55. By Parody on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Fred – I can’t tell exactly what your problem is from here. One thing I tried to out was that it should work from all desktops, NOT from every laptop because many laptops are built without numpads. The numpad consists of the numbers on the right side of the keyboard, arranged the same as a calculator. You NEED to use those keys to get the trick to work. If you use the numbers at the top of your keyboard you’ll get nothing.

So, while holding down ALT punch in these numbers on your numpad: 0229 and it should give you this character: å

56. By Parody on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

BTW Fred – thanks for the compliment. I wish I could be a writer for Vikings.com. I highly doubt they’d want me though, after seeing how much I appreciate the cold, sugar-free truth and just how liberal I am about providing free speech. They’d be too uptight, worried that I might hurt their image by showing the public everything, uncensored.

57. By Mike B on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

It is important the political process stay active and those opposed have their say too. They are paying for the Stadium just as the proponents are. They should not be locked out of being able to petition any tax. Let the people cry out they want a stadium for the Vikings and to keep the team in Minneasota. This is America and everyone gets their turn to say. I hope that the Stadium gets rolling. I wish everyone envolved could see how much of a money makter this could be for MN. It’s just the right thing to do. They are getting multiuse facility. Fans get tailgating. I am hoping the NFL would kick in and say that if MN builds this they weill be guaranteed a Super Bowl. I think this would put it over the top. Just my 2 cents. Have a great weekend. I read your alls comments about the O Line I would go a hiding if I was you.

58. By Titus on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

If I were the writer at vikings.com, I would write original news features– I may have had a tribute to this player that just died– a memorial– interviewing through calls and contact in the organization with former players and coaches. It would have been my piece, not a copy of another work. I am sure many people would have been open to talking with Mike if he approached them right.

59. By Titus on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

I just was on a bike ride– I rode on the new trail through downtown– it literally goes underneath the new Twins stadium– there was obviously a game– I could see at the top people’s heads and could hear them cheering. It is a beautiful park and adds many intangibles to the city. Minneapolis has a huge convention business– don’t think having major sports leagues is not a draw. Many corporations are based in the Twin Cities– big ones. Don’t think when they lure top notch talent, that having a city with major league sports teams is not a draw. Tourists certainly throw in the idea of attending a major league game, whether football or baseball or — imagine if we lose the NFL. All that will happen, is one a lot of unknown revenue and status will be lost– and eventually a new team will be established at a far greater cost.
    Like DRS, I am very concerned people have no clue what we will lose if the Vikings leave.

60. By Shawn on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

By DRS on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

______________________________________________________________

People always cry when you mention raise taxes … whether it be for a football stadium or public education, republicans dont want to help anyone

61. By CA Norwegian on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Mr. D., God Bless you and thank you for your efforts on the field and in life. May you look down and smile upon our D in the coming seasons. I’d stay away from scrimmaging against that Stringer fella up there, he’s three handfulls.

62. By Shawn on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

keep in mind you live in a state that pumps your head full of NO NEW TAXES … and democrats are russian soviet spies for wanting to raise taxes

O BUT NOW ITS OK FOR REPUBLICANS TO ASK FOR A TAX HIKE

HYPOCRITS

63. By Shawn on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

I sure hope this stadium deal gets done but in such a political enviroment as this where one side will threaten a government shutdown if the other side raises taxes … but then wait now all of a sudden its ok to raise taxes for a stadium but not to pay teachers … INSANITY

Of course the ” non american socialist comunist marxist russian nazi’s ” or Dems are going to question the hypocritical insanity

64. By CA Norwegian on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,
    Please do not turn this memory of a Viking into a political party bashing page. When you think about it, these old Viking greats were playing for the love of the game, now the football may cease because of contention spawning from $.
    There are many great places to go bashing politics. The players and owners are all wealthy enough to be your target.

65. By Titus on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I guarantee you the vast and unequivocal opposition to the funding of the stadium has liberal roots. Guaranteed. I work with mostly liberals and they are all vehemently, VEHEMENTLY opposed to the stadium– they say, a billion dollars for 8 games while we need to fight for social justice.

66. By Shawn on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

@titus please read because thats what i said … its a political pis’sing match, republicans threatened to shut down government if dems raised taxes for americans in need

so the dems in MN are now saying NOPE WE CANT RAISE TAXES FOR A STADIUM

dems have been pointing out rep hypocricies MIDDLE AMERICA REFUSES TO SEE THE TRUTH

67. By Titus on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, you sound like you believe you have it all figured out. My post is not what you said– far from it.

68. By Shawn on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

titus it looks like the same thing to me ….

we both agree dems / liberals are against the stadium

when you have a coservative / rep party who wont raise taxes for ” social justice ” why would the people rep call not american ( obama ) communist socialist marxist just accept the hypocricy?

so to conservatives / republicans … health care ( taking care of american citizens ) is bad but building a stadium is good? its not logical thinking

69. By Shawn on Jun 11, 2011 | Reply

and I see dems in MN making a statement without all the rhetoric … seems pretty obvious to me

I have seen many testosterone filled pis’sing matches and though the viking stadium isnt nationwide its still a game of big co’ck

70. By Parody on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn – You’ve really stopped making much of any sense in your political bashings. At first I thought you were attacking republicans for the stereotypes that you understand of them, now it seems like you hate democrats too (maybe that’s just because I drew the conclusion that you’re in favor of the team getting a new stadium in MN though).

But it all boils down to appearing to have little difference from a temper tantrum being thrown by a teenage girl whose mother just told her she’s still too young to wear makeup to the school dance. I.E. a lot of screaming, a couple of phrases that can be understood, but the overall message (beyond I HATE whatever’s going on) is lost.

71. By Frederick Jones on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

åParody,

I didn’t realize you had to wait. Hopefully they don’t erase your old blog so I can go back to it, if I get “enthusiastic” again.

You could start your own blog, or perhaps you already have started one some place?

72. By Frederick Jones on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B.,

I have a question about your last blog where you state:

“…I read your alls comments about the O line I would go hiding if I was you.”

What did you mean by that, and who were you talking to at the time?

73. By Frederick Jones on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

I just heard about that path on the radio. It is another good sign that America is beginning to realize the value of fitness.

Is it possible to run on the path, or would you get killed by the Titus-type biker?

74. By Frederick Jones on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

I read your recent blogs with some interest. The comment about the stadium mess as being all about testosterone has been made before in politics. And it will be made again. It’s also the old boy network in action.

My question for you is about a somewhat new topic proposed by a panel of women. They all agree (of course) that their needs to be at least 40% women on any company board in this country. Testosterone is the reason, get rid of that stuff, WoMen GoOd, men baaad.

Do you agree that if we had more women on the stadium issue it would be passed?

75. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

@parody … not sure what your saying but i hvae stated that dems are not much better than reps in a previous blog now i know reps refuse to acknowledge truth or see reality but that is what i said

2ndly if you cant see the hypocricy in republicans fighting raising taxes to help american citizens ( err sorry lazy people ) then turning around wanting to raise taxes for a stadium you might not be smart enough

YES I WANT A STADIUM IN MN BUT ITS POLITICAL AND DEMS SEE THE HYPOCRICY IN YOUR TAX RAISING STADIUM BILL BUT YOUR CANT RAISE TAXES FOR HEALTHCARE BS

76. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

LOL FRED … i was making an analogy, Im not a big fan of female leaders some maybe qualified but i think there are too many Sarah Palins who get by on good looks and innocent flirtations … I was a foreman an dGeneral foreman for several of the Las Vegas casinos and females get by with a lot less than males do

77. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

generally …. remember i dont believe in absolutes

78. By DRS on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, get some therapy, you will live longer. All that is wrong with this country is all the people full of hate, just like you; both parties have their problems, to say republicans do not want to help the needy forgets that it was the republicans who freed the slaves and that it was the southern democrats who wanted them to remain slaves. Know your history before you go on a rant my friend. (Lincoln was in what party?)

79. By DRS on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, God bless U- my man and have fun some day in the USSR, the champions of the common man. Oops comrades. I am sure that the State will look out for the people’s freedoms and liberties and forego its power. I am sure the democrats care about the everyday man with no concern about their own power. Have you ever considered who would give a job if there were no people with money, The Government? Where would they get the money? Not all people with money are greedy; they have worked hard to provide for themselves, family, and them they employ. Once more if you feed a person they eat for a day but if you teach them they eat for a life time.

80. By DRS on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Once more my condolences to the family of Paul Dic-kson, may God give them peace and comfort in this time of sorrow.

have a great day one and all.

81. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

hahahahaha drs you have to go back to lincoln hahahahahahaah

82. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Frederick, there is ample room for you to run.

83. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

DRS– let it go. You are right, but what we know must be illuminated through revelation — you cannot argue with someone. Shawn does not listen– he is intent in believing he can enter into another man’s mind and know what he is thinking. Far easier to classify a group as greedy, then to take the time to understand the depth and reality of that group’s convictions.

84. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I once was very much like you. Either I have evolved or I have digressed.
    I believe I the former. Eliminate the hate and the idea (which is arrogance) that you think you can tell what a group or individual is motivated by– stop judging. Then, maybe we can have a dialogue that results in illumination and revelation.

85. By DRS on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Titus, I have; one gets tired of banging ones head on a brick wall. God bless U-One and all.

86. By Mike B on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

The great social experiement died cause the US and it’s ability to spend at will destroyed the USSR. China seeing the writing on the wall adapted capitalism with it’s own version of socialism. The Red and Blue areas of this country can’t get along since the first election of Bush. But their own president Clinton left this issue alone like a hot potato. But die hard democrats can’t and refuse to take blame or accept defeat. Two wars later and another close election the division has grown. The intellectuals (mostly democrats) blame the republicans for whats happening. Check your congressional votes not too many voted against Iran or Afghanstan. But they couldn’t accept more division. Both parties put up weak moderates in the 2008 election and we now have a weak government. We have to come together find common ground. We need to provide for our families and protect the elderly. If we can’t do this we will be the next failed experiemnent. We are all americans remember the night of Sept 11 and there were no planes in the sky I know everyone was looking that night. Remember we are all in this together. Have a great week.

87. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

its funy how your group does the lableing … communist nazi , lazy marxist are all from your group

but the truth is there are lazy people on both sides and all sides of the fence

your group says Obama is not American … even though he had a passport which requires a birth certificate

your group calls american citizens … bartenders, restaurant employees , and coveniance store employees lazy because they cant afford healthcare

88. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

too name a few funny how the the rich get richer and do nothing more than did did 20 years ago and the middle class stays the same

your bush tax cuts supposed to create jobs well its been 10 years and there are less jobs SO AGAIN FACTS ARE FACTS REPUBLICANS ARE LIARS

89. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

republicans are good for global population control …

eliminate healthcare

build big armies

send inner city kids to war

eliminate heating for the poor

and people die ONLY LAZY PEOPLE THAT IS RIGHT? SO ITS ALL GOOD

90. By DRS on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, get therapy before you blow a gasket. Know something before you spew your poison. Have fun and enjoy the Vikings wile you can. Too bad you had to take a dump on a good mans remembrance. I hope there is a season this year, I hope the Vikings are in Minnesota next year.

91. By DRS on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Good night to everyone, even you shawn; from a poor conservative.

92. By DRS on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

President John F. Kennedy reduced the top income tax rate by 20 percent and, in 1961, government revenues increased by 62 percent. According to President Kennedy, “Our true choice is not between tax reduction, on the one hand, and the avoidance of large federal deficits on the other. It is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power, so long as our national security needs keep rising, an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough revenues to balance our budget just as it will never produce enough jobs or enough profits.

93. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

My condolences to the D ickson family.
    Now, Titus, all you have to do to see the Repugnant=can’ts responses AGAINST the stadium is to visit the blogs on the Star Tribune website…they mostly support the legislature and are agianst the Gov……..they also VEHEMENTLY oppose any TAX $$ for stadium…….Repugnant-can’ts always oppose taxes, yet support tax breaks and incentives for the wealthy and corporations, which is puzzling as to why they oppose the Wilfs stadium proposal…….

94. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Pawlenty did not raise taxes when he was Gov, he just increased fees………

95. By Mike B on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

LOL Fred I was just fooling you OL line are some pretty big men and some of the ocmments in past blog were not compllimentary. It’s not good to anger a man that can rip off your arms or head from it’s shoulders. But they were only personal opinions. Have a great week

96. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

haha DRS i appreciate your concern , your good people and i have no ill will towards you or your opinions … well maybe your opinions :)

god bless u2 drs

97. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

WB Rock … cant wait for CBA to end so we get more of the regular season bloggers back to join in all of our desire to see the vikings play football in the state of MN for years to come

98. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Shawn-
    It is not poison to speak the truth.
    Poison?
    What about the tea party zealots? the birther yahoos? The global warming skeptics? The “let corporations regulate themselves” cronies? The “privatize social security” clan? The mouthpieces for the profiteering health care industry?
    Poison.

99. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Back to Football,
    I am concerned about the future of the
    Minnesota Vikings………

100. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

If the Vikes move, it will be shameful…I still am not over the trauma of the North Stars fiasco……

101. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Anyone hear from Nova lately? He outta be happy the Manitoba Moose have moved into his neck of the woods…..

102. By Parody on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B – I doubt anyone in here is worried about hurting the feelings of a football player, whether he be a 45-year old kicker, or a burly young offensive lineman hyped up on steroids. They were massively underperforming all year, and they need to learn that can’t be accepted. If any of them just happen to read our opinions AND are so thick headed that they feel the need to track me down and let me know how much it offended them I’m still not worried. Any one of those guys has a big enough wallet that they’ll make sure I’m living comfortably in a couple months after I hear up.

103. By Parody on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

*heal up

104. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Thanx Rock … I have been trying to fight the good fight and keep it real but you know how strong the Limbaugh / Beck trance can be.

and Nova was on about a week to week and a half ago i guess it was

105. By Frederick Jones on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn and DRS,

I don’t think you can argue about what a “Republican” or a “Democrat” is like. I think you both made very strong arguments that could have described people from either party.

@Rock, it’s good to hear from you!
    Nova has been in and out of the blog during this past week.

106. By Frederick Jones on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

Thank you for the info. on that path that goes under the Twins Stadium. That could be useful information some day.

107. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, you have no clue who I am or what I believe. You cannot place me in a box, nor label me. I spent time in the USSR– yes the USSR, not modern day Russia. I also speak several languages and I vote not based on party lines. Here is one for you– it might shock you– it certainly will blast a hole in your theories about what trance I am under– Who did I vote for in the last presidential election?

108. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Hey Fred-
    How are you? I enjoyed reading your comments on the inflation of players weight….but seriously, some of these guys are truly behemoths…..

109. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

All u can eat buffets run for cover when these folks show up

110. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Nova………Rock to Nova……come in Nova…..

111. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt– Nice opinions. We all are entitled to them.

112. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    Ah, the good ole CCCP……that must have been quite the contrast compared to the USA…Did you take in the wonderful culture? Ballet, Symphony, Art…..?

113. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    We all have our opinions….

114. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

@Titus … I have not put a label on you, as I have said there are still good American corporations hiring union that give health and wealfare and retirement but its less than 20%

I have also said if you have a million in the bank im not talking about you … the wealthiest 1% who have more money than 90% of the country who did nothing but inherit daddies money

Can you be wealthy and good yes … can you be poor and lazy yes but you can also be rich and lazy and greedy

and since you asked titus i will say you either voted for Obama or that Independant from vermont i think it is ( i kinda like him, need to hear more from him though )

and if you voted for Obama you must admit to this point other than healthcare he has been more republican than some republicans … although it sounds like he might finally come around

115. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Well, I for one am concerned that this stadium deal will collapse like the Metrodome roof

116. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Lazy & rich, lazy & poor, greedy & rich , greedy & poor, all are luxuries the middle class cannot afford

117. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

lol titus if i opened a box and you stepped into it thats not my fault … just jump out before anyone sees :)

republicans have Mitt Romney and hes not all bad probably the best republican Ive heard of and from a big union state

118. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

I am very concerned the stadium is not going to get passed– we can all agree that we love football– and we should agree on doing something or the Vikings will not be here.

119. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

me 2 rock the stadium concern has started this big political thrashing … me against a red state :)

120. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

By the way, Rocksalt, yes, I did see a lot of culture– Bolshoi Theater, etc.

121. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

yes titus and rock i cant imagine life without the vikings and 25 years of football because without the vikings there will be no football

122. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    It would be sad not to enjoy such a culture

123. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

I fpr one refuse to follow them if they move to LA…….I will simply not follow the NFL…..same as I did when the North Stars skipped out…..

124. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

me 2 rock it is blasphemic ( if thats a word and if not im going to trade mark it ) to have an NFL without the vikings of minnesota

125. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

lots of non stadium folks on the Star Trib blogs

126. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

yup, Shawn-
    and to make it worse, thier colors sorta match the LAKERS colors…..craaap

127. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

they are so close to the money 131 millions away on a 1.1 billion stadium ITS NUTZ

128. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

LOL BECAUSE THE LAKERS WERE FROM MINNESOTA … WHICH WAS ONE OF MY ORIGINAL CONCERNS … sorry bout caps

129. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    I wish there was something we could do to keep our Vikes here in MN. I have voiced my opinions on the Star Trib blogs. ContaEach of us should contact our legislative representatives and let them know our concerns.

130. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Shawn-
    Maybe its about physics…puple colors must have some type of innate4 molecular bond that cannot be severed

131. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

purple

132. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

they must be severed … there has to be a way

133. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Robot Fan could do it with his “LASER BEAM”

134. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Well, there are 5 million people in MN– each give $30 and we have $150 million– it should not be that hard. So, we can pay the remainder Shawn said we need and pay $20 million to the legislature to pass the bill.

135. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Great Idea! let’s each send our lawmakers a $20…..see what happens….at this point I would consider anything…..maybe we need to bri ng back the practice of TAR & FEATHERING…….

136. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

lol i said what?

i just looked up that bolshoi theatre … very nice

what did you see there titus?

and i would pitch in

137. By Robot Fan on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

beep boop bee bop

stadium good …. need chilly …. love hank baskett …. hate randy moss … hindsight looking backwords … must destroy physics …

beep boop bee bop

138. By Robot Fan on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

beep boop bee bop

chilly best coach ever …. hindsight working backwords … must have stadium … this might be moss’s fault

beep boop bee bop

139. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

I have na idea…..
    MN should secede from the United States, become the Republic of Minnehaha, then apply for $1.1 B in foreign aid……

140. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

LOL -
    Good to hear from you, Robot Fan……

141. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Im starting to forget my chillyisms

142. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

I saw a ballet at the Bolshoi. Actually, I did a quick study– almost 100,000 millionaires in MN– if each gave roughly $10,000 we could have the stadium built outright. Put their names on bricks in the plaza and maybe let them have free food and beer for their lifetime (for family of four)– pas-ses they could use as a thank you–

I cannot write pa-sses on a sports blog– a football blog no less.

143. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Ya gotta love Robot Fan…..always a family favorite

144. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

right on Titus.
    heck, there has to be a way to get money creatively….

145. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

BTW
    why the h3ll is Childress’s name still on the site larger than life????

146. By Robot Fan on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

beep boop bee bop

thank you rocksalt … chilly placed vikings on waivers … chilly mad at vikings … pay chilly before vikings move

beep boop bee bop

147. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

C’mon Brad- GET OFF OF THIS SITE!

148. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

hmm ballet is too artsy for me

149. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

HA HA!
    Let’s give a round of applause for Robot Fan…..

150. By Titus on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Well, Shawn, I admit it’s not something I go see every day, but when in Moscow, you better go. It’s world famous. I would much rather see a play at the Guthrie as far as sheer content value– but, when you are in Rome…

151. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    What about the food? I always love trying the differnt foods whenever I travel to another culture

152. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

wasnt judging titus … i hear ya about seeing other cultures i still hope i can travel abroad in the future

153. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

Speaking of Rome, a few years back I was in Rome, went out with friends and had a nice ethiopian meal, then went to hear Chicago Style Blues by local musicians at a place callled Julius Caesers’s Pub……..
    I also enjoyed the more typical regional and local cuisines during my stay…..

154. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

and thats what id like to see at the bolshoi is a play although i wouldnt understand them i could sit through an opera … i think i could anyway since i never have

155. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

hmm italy? is it true they show b00bs on the b00b tube?

156. By Rocksalt on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

gettin late for me….good night all….

157. By Shawn on Jun 12, 2011 | Reply

cya rock gnight titus

158. By Polo Ralph Lauren Discount on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

the very best husband or wife for your needs. hesitation regarding it, dispensing not so good news extremely. We supply wonderful great deals meant for comfortable places to stay on your holiday vacation or perhaps business trip. You can search meant for eastern Aurora lodges coupled with various other places globally and judge several conveniences or perhaps needs and wants within our search engine. Have a look at on-line currently..
    Polo Ralph Lauren Discount http://www.abvent.fr/softwares/?id=19