Follow The Vikings On Twitter

Posted by Mike Wobschall on May 10, 2011 – 8:31 am

Are you following the Vikings on Twitter? If not, I recommend you do because the Vikings continue to expand their social networking capabilities and the team will also continue to break news and share information via Twitter and its other social networking platforms.

You don’t even need a Twitter account of your own to follow the Vikings. The Vikings handle on Twitter is @VikingsFootball; you can see the Vikings official Twitter page by clicking here.

As of this posting, the Vikings have 48, 983 followers on Twitter and the club has “tweeted” 2,201 times. We bring all sorts of information to you on Twitter, from in-game updates regarding injuries, statistics and scores, to offseason updates regarding player transactions, community events and relevant news headlines. We also provide links to blogs and stories posted on vikings.com.

Also, you can follow me on Twitter (@wobby) to catch even more Vikings information on Twitter and to get a more opinionated viewpoint at times on the NFL and other topics.

68 Responses to “Follow The Vikings On Twitter”

1. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

There are HALL OF FAME players who were UNDRAFTED.

One of them is Mike Webster, long-time Center of the Pittsburgh Steelers who played until 1990. (remember players must be retired 5 years before they can even be considered for the hall)

So there may be many offensive linemen still out there who will be taken in free agency.

2. By Parody on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Fred, it’s getting pretty old. What about the Linemen that we did draft? Have you researched them at all? How about some highlights into what will make or break them?

Let’s not forget that we brought in an OL coach that should help to boost the performance of some of the guys from last year who did not produce to the fullest of their capabilities.

Show us the irreversible flaws in the current staff, and then convince us that there are men out in free agency who can compensate for the woes for which the current line has proven incapable of correcting.

3. By Nick on May 10, 2011 | Reply

I see Herzlich would prefer to tryout with an NFL team rather than sign up to some UFL flyer – GO GET HIM ASAP and add Ian Williams and Deandre McDaniel.

4. By Northern Norseman on May 10, 2011 | Reply

I really agree with you Nick. Im not the biggest on DT Ian Williams but apparently no one was since he didnt get drafted but man it wont hurt to at least bring him in. McDaniel is definitely worth it, he has a chance to make it in the NFL and I was shocked that he didnt get drafted.

MARK HERZLICH needs to be a VIKING. I was hoping so dang much that the Vikings would nab him up but there is still a chance. The Vikings have to do whatever it takes to bring this kid in. Luckily Frazier is a warm likable guy that Herzlich may possible feel attracted to playing for. Crossing my fingers for Herzlich in purple. At worst he will be a great story and will push players on the field as well as be a great locker room guy. Go get him Vikes!!!

5. By Titus on May 10, 2011 | Reply

We got a new stadium!

6. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

I understand that I might have wrote some things in general that have upset you. Sorry about that, but It was not personal.

The person who coached the offensive line last year was very good coach. If he wasn’t, he would never have been hired in the first place.

Coaches are at the mercy of the talent they coach, to a large degree.

7. By Titus on May 10, 2011 | Reply

I just watched the first five minutes of the presser for the Ramsey County site— what a joke– all kinds of issues with the microphones– did not work– finally, the one guy says– ok, let me speak without a mic– SERIOUSLY? A billion dollar project— no professionalism. Check the mics and the speaking arrangements BEFORE the press conference. MN mediocrity still lives. I was getting excited, thinking a fellow New Yorker (Zygi) had brought a winning spirit to MN.

8. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

RYAN KALIL, PANTHERS Center may be the best player available among free agents. He is only 25.

LYLE SENDLEIN, CARDINALS Center is another free agent the Vikings may want to take. Sendlein is also young. Both of these players will demand a lot of money.

Hear me now, and believe me later, the Vikings must improve the offensive line. If Sullivan is a good player, he can switch to right guard.

9. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

THERE ARE good free agent OFFENSIVE LINEMEN still out there yet.

:) :) :) :) :)

10. By Titus on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Fred, you have an illness known as offensive linemen tunnel vision. Take two to three postings unrelated to the offensive line and comment on those postings, staying on topic. Do this every two days and you should be cured.

11. By Mike B on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Fred should come and point out who is not playing up to speed and why. Put some of that yacking into some real debating. Not just OL this and OL that. It’s boring and tiresome. In the coaches opinion from the draft it wasn’t a major concern. I just want him to point our specific players and why. Have a nice day

12. By 4eversteve on May 10, 2011 | Reply

While I like the center the Vikings took Brandon Fusco out of Slippery Rock , Ryan Kalil would be a great fit but didn’t the Panthers franchise him?

13. By PAUL M. on May 10, 2011 | Reply

FACT: MANY OF US FANS WHO WANTED AN O-LINE MAKEOVER HAVE BEEN VINDICATED BY SEVERAL NFL INSIDERS (aka, PAST COACHES & PLAYERS).

WOULD SOMEONE WHO LOVED THIS DRAFT PLEASE ANSWER JUST 2 QUESTIONS?

1. ABOUT WHAT TOTAL OFFENSIVE RANK WILL THE VIKINGS HAVE AT THE END OF NEXT SEASON?

2. WILL WE HAVE TO SEE 1 OF OUR QB’s BEING CARRIED OR CARTED OFF THE FIELD THIS SEASON BECAUSE THE O-LINE COULDN’T GET IT DONE?

14. By Mike B on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Sullivan is going to be much better this year I think. McKinney manned up and said he didn’t play his best. All the linemen had injuries. Loadholt was a rookie and should be better. Your turn.

15. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Fox News thought the Vikings had a horrible draft. The only reason they gave was the offensive line.

Besides, everybody else is obsessed with wideouts, qbs, and running backs.

I’m here to balance things out.

16. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Now is the time to do something about the offensive line.

(Actually I think the dbacks are just as bad.)

Your Adrian Peterson may find the going tough this year, if we don’t get another good offensive lineman.

I think the coaches are well aware of it. They are not going to come out and say it ! lol

17. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Too boring?
    Too long?
    Too bad?
    GET LINEMEN ! !

:) :) :( :) :)

18. By Carl K on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Fredrick, Ryan Kalil has a franchise tag on him.
    Ryan was a second round pick that only started 3 games as rookie. Even he needed time to develop.

Lyle Sendlein was undrafted and only started 2 games as a rookie.

Could you please give Bandon Fusco a year to develop and show what he can do. The centers you mentioned had a year to put it all togther first.

19. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Almost all of the Hall of Fame running backs brought a great lineman or two along with him to the hall. You could look it up, but you won’t.

Hutchinson has a chance for Hall of Fame status. But the Vikings will have to be a contending team.

20. By animal26 on May 10, 2011 | Reply

for the Offensive line, The only person I can see, who is the weak link is Anthony Herrera. Other then that, I think the Vikings will be fine whenever the next season starts. The whole team last year seemed off. They will be fine next year.

21. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

What is this “stay on topic?”

You don’t expect people to write a lot about Twitter do you?

22. By animal26 on May 10, 2011 | Reply

also, the Vikings did draft Love, and fusco. Maybe they will pan out for the Vikings. Oh, and don’t forget the Vikings also have a pretty good looking guard in Chris Degree.

23. By Carl K on May 10, 2011 | Reply

D.Love was a 1st round prospect after the 2009 season and was a solid 2nd round prospect before the senior bowl and combine. He has put alot of good stuff on film and could be a great run blocker for AP.

Fredrick – GIVE THESE GUYS A CHANCE!!!!

24. By Frederick Jones on May 10, 2011 | Reply

@Carl K,

I hope you are right about our 6th rounders.

But what if the FoxNews is right?

25. By Carl K on May 10, 2011 | Reply

@ Paul – The Vikings will be ranked in the top 3 in rushing.

Ponder will be carried off the field … on the shoulders of our Oline as ROOKIE OF THE YEAR.

Our Oline will help AP have a BIG year and Ponder just might have a shot a Rookie of the Year.

26. By Carl K on May 10, 2011 | Reply

animal26- I agree the Herrera is the weak link. DeGeare or Love should push to be the starting RG by game 1. Sullivan is the next weakest link. Fusco may not take his job this year but give him time.

Fred – hang in there… you might get a LT in the first round next year.

and you need to start following cbssports. Is FoxNews the one telling you Ryan Bartholomew is a great center? LOL. You wanted to take him in the 2nd round.

27. By Shawn on May 10, 2011 | Reply

wooo hooo finally some good news on the stadium still some big hurdles but this is a good day

Leslie Frazier for President 2012 … he can do both hes bad a**

28. By Shawn on May 10, 2011 | Reply

The more I think about the Chris’tian Ponder pick the more excited I get , with every other QB there were some major question marks. With Ponder the scouting report peaks might not have been as high but the valley’s arent as low. GREAT PICK SPIELMAN !!!! GREAT PICK FRAZIER !!!

29. By Shawn on May 10, 2011 | Reply

@Fred … I like the passion and concern you show for the OL but I believe with the new coaching and a more mobile QB the OL will be primed to get AP 1800+ yards.

Look what Mike Tice did for that horrendous bears OL , sometimes coaching matters …. I really believe McKinnie can be solid for 1-2 more years with good motivators and Loadholt is only 24 so he has nowhere to go but up.

30. By Shawn on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Bring back Moss !!!!

31. By Titus on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Fred, just messing with you– all in fun. I just made it home in time– tennis ball size hail came down here for 10 minutes– just 20 minutes after I cycled home– would not have been good.

32. By CP7 on May 10, 2011 | Reply

NO MOSS!
    Resign Rice!

33. By shukin on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Fred go cheer for another team, maybe one made up of all OL

34. By Woodboat on May 10, 2011 | Reply

I’ll go with you, Fred. We will have the commentators from the NFL network for company, as I’ve heard Jaime Dukes, Warren Sapp, Brian Baldinger, etc. say that the Vikings have got to improve their OFFENSIVE LINE if they want to have a chance at the playoffs.

LOADHOLT won’t ever be able to be effective at OT, ever. EVER. He doesn’t have the agility nor the footspeed for the position. ANybody ever wonder why he led the universe is holding calls? He can’t move. We don’t have a RG worth mentioning. Although I have my doubts, I’ll refrain from blasting the the rest of the line. Mebbe they’ll pull it together. They HAVE to improve the right side at the very least.

35. By Woodboat on May 10, 2011 | Reply

@Fred

I’m not on here enough to keep track, but make a list of all the guys blasting you for talking about the OL. Come week 8 when Ponder is on life support in a Twin Cities ICU, nail them with an “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” blast :)

36. By Titus on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Woodboat– keep the faith.

37. By Mike B on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Hey Woodboat at least you said your opinion about the players you think are not capable ole Fred is just say we need OL we need OL no stats other than last year to back it up. He knows the OL was rated tops in 08 and 09 and can’t put up any arguement on why he thinks we need better OL. Loadholt was a rookie last year and he should be a lot better this year. If not maybe one of those sixth rounders get a chance. Center is one of those positions you will have a hard time with as a rookie This will be Sullivan’s third year I expect him to be much improved. RG is a legit issue. I am sure it will be addressed. We just needed our guy at QB first. So OL had to wait until it was a priority to the vikings coaches and scouting. There may be good players in the undrafted or free agency, but you can get other teams problems too. Stay clear of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.

38. By Titus on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Loadholt has potential just like anyone else. Give the man a chance. History is filled with naysayers– there was a kid who was called stupid and mentally re-tarded by his teacher– his name was Einstein– list is endless. Have faith of a mustard seed…

39. By DRS on May 10, 2011 | Reply

NEWS,NEWSNEWS.

Ramsey County officials announced today they have reached an agreement with the Minnesota Vikings to be the team’s local partner in the effort to secure a new stadium in Minnesota. The site of the publicly-owned stadium – a new retractable-roof, multi-purpose facility – will be the former Twin Cities Army Ammunitions Plant (TCAAP) property in Arden Hills. The agreement reached by the team and the County calls for an $884 million stadium and an additional $173 million for on-site infrastructure, parking and environmental costs, bringing the total project costs to $1.057 billion. The Vikings will commit $407 million to the project – 44% of the stadium costs and 39% of the overall costs. The team and the County are currently working with State legislative leaders and the Minnesota Department of Transportation on identifying costs and funding options for off-site road improvements, estimated to be $7 million per year.

“Reaching an agreement with Ramsey County as our local partner is a major milestone in our efforts to finalize a long-term stadium solution, and we are pleased to have found such a strong and forthright partner,” said Zygi Wilf, Vikings owner and chairman. “While we certainly appreciate the proposal by the City of Minneapolis, as well as the recent efforts by Hennepin County, we believe the Ramsey County site offers the most benefits to our fans, the team and the State and is the ideal site for a new stadium.”

40. By DRS on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Anyone have land for sale in Ramsey County? If you have, it may be worth more now. Now Minnesota get a bill passed and get the job done.

41. By DRS on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Have a great day one and all.

42. By Parody on May 10, 2011 | Reply

That stadium news is great to hear. I was worried that momentum was building to replace the Metrodome by knocking it down and building over the old site. That would have cost the team in number of fans at games for at least two years while it was being built (assuming that TCF stadium would be the interim field).

It would have also limited the potential for increasing business around the stadium. Plus, parking has been horrible getting to the game as it is. Add 5,000 more fans and it just gets worse.

I’ve only ever been to one other football stadium in my lifetime, and that was at Arizona a couple of years back. They had it right. The stadium was on the outskirts of the major city with practically nothing but parking, restaurants and bars surrounding it. It made for a much more entertaining pre-game atmosphere than the metrodome has ever been able to provide me with. Granted the game itself was disappointing, but I had plenty of fun beforehand.

So, long story short, let’s keep this momentum moving for Ramsey County and put something valuable on top of that army base!

43. By DRS on May 10, 2011 | Reply

This looks like a case of “say one thing, do another.” In contrast to the spokesman’s comments, the Brady v. NFL antitrust litigation filing asks for a radical change in the way the NFL operates, including the elimination of the NFL Draft. The lawsuit states the NFL “imposing the anticompetitive Draft with an ‘Entering Player Pool’ violates Section 1 of the Sherman Act.”

44. By DRS on May 10, 2011 | Reply

No more draft? What next? 20 games? Good news for Ramsey County . Have a great night.

45. By DRS on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Tailgating here we come, back to the good old days.

46. By DRS on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Good night one and all.

47. By vikings4life on May 11, 2011 | Reply

JOHN RANDLE was undrafted and is a hall of famer so yes fred there are a couple jems taht went undrafted taht became hall of famers

48. By Titus on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Parody, you are right about Phoenix– that stadium just pops up along the freeway out in the dessert like a mecca. It would be nice if you could have the stadium downtown, but it is a pain to park– it’s all piecemeal– different lots and ramps and then a huge walk to the stadium. This new stadium site will be like old Met stadium but on steroids– going back to the roots, but improved. Eat your heart out Green Bay!

49. By Ann on May 11, 2011 | Reply

I hate the new stadium proposal. Arden Hills is a dump. Vikings will regret not building in MPLS–the most hip city in the US.

50. By Frederick Jones on May 11, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B,

I have always been told that you don’t bad mouth people. That is why I do not comment on the play of our offensive line.

If you don’t have anything positive to say about someone, don’t say it.

51. By Frederick Jones on May 11, 2011 | Reply

@Woodboat,

There are a lot of people out there that feel the same way you and I do about the OFFENSIVE LINE (which was very offensive in 2010).

It does not matter to me if bloggers say FRED I TOLD YOU SO about anything to do with my Mn Vikings. In fact I hope you get the opportunity.

I HOPE THE OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY IS GREAT IN 2011.

But I really hope they get a new center, because they need one.

52. By Frederick Jones on May 11, 2011 | Reply

@Carl K,

I am impressed that you remember I wanted Ryan Bartholomew drafted in the 2nd round.

He was ranked higher a few months ago (although never as high as the 2nd round). I have admitted, several times that I do not know college personnel, because I never watched a game in 2010 at that level.

What I have read about RYAN BARTHOLOMEW is impressive. The Vikings could not go wrong in obtaining this terrific talent. If you have read anything about him, you know this is true.

53. By Frederick Jones on May 11, 2011 | Reply

@Vikings4Life,

Thank you for acknowleding that fact of life ! ! !

:) :) :( :) :)

54. By Frederick Jones on May 11, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

Thank you for your support. I realize we think somewhat differently on some issues, and you are often more of a positive believer in all of the Vikings.

Realize that I am just trying to get the Vikings to take care of our weaknesses.

I wish someone would write more about defensive backs, although there are some that do it.

55. By Titus on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Fred, we agree more than disagree– I will never forget during our 15-1 season, during one of the games, Madden commented we had the best offensive line in football— a fact making 15-1 not only possible, but a reality. Of course, we had all the other pieces in place– a quarterback playing otherworldly, a trio of receivers that at the time may have been the best in the league, and two very different but effective running backs– Hoard and Smith, if anyone forgot. YES, we need a great offensive line for the whole boat to sail smoothly– it is foundational. But I believe Frazier, Musgrave and the rest know this. They know what they are doing.

56. By Daniel on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Personaly, I really like these picks. Ponder Is going to be offensive rookie of the year. esp, if we resign rice or pick up burress or Jackson from the bolts. I say Herrera needs to get the boot. I really feel the guy who we could get to insert in his spot is Dahl, RG out of ATL. He is a stud! only 5 years experiance and is one of the best guards in the NFL. Fussco looks like a great Center. I like every one of our picks. Even the Saftey out of South FL! He is 6-2 and has HUGE upside. Our WR we picked up is Going to be Awsome. Burton and Cook are going to have one big battle for playing time. FINALY! we have Corners and depth there! Now Williams needs to go and so does berrian. I could brag on every one of these great pick ups. Go VIKES GO!

57. By paul on May 11, 2011 | Reply

A billion dollar stadium built on the most polluted super fund sight in America?
    Thats almost as bad as drafting Ponder in the first round.

58. By Titus on May 11, 2011 | Reply

PAUL– what is a sight in America? Learn to spell.

59. By Titus on May 11, 2011 | Reply

I cannot wait till the Cheeseheads appear for their first game at the new stadium– they will be in awe, like farm animals (dairy cows, to be exact) who spent a night in the house when the barn was knocked down by a tornado.

60. By dvyne_vike on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Bring bac RANDY!!!

and upgrade that offensive line! they sucked it up pretty bad last yr

61. By Parody on May 12, 2011 | Reply

Paul, if you’re really worried about radiation poisoining, you don’t have to attend the games. Personally, I am confident that a “sight” would not be approved to house 70,000 people a week if it presented the risk of any sort of contaminant of serious harm.

62. By Nick on May 12, 2011 | Reply

Hey guys I see AP has been having workout drills with Vince Young! Too much of a coincidence I think!

63. By Frederick Jones on May 12, 2011 | Reply

Nick,

It’s not uncommon for players to hook up with players from other teams, especially if they live in the same area.

However, Vince Young could be a great addition for the Vikings. Are the Vikings willing to spend the money for someone who has shown a questionable attitude in the past? They did have Jeff George for a year, even though his attitude wasn’t great.

64. By paul on May 12, 2011 | Reply

Parody, The word is “SITE” your going to anger Titus if you misspell..

Why is this SITE on the Superfund list, whats contaminating the soil?

65. By Titus on May 12, 2011 | Reply

Paul, Parody is one of the most educated and intelligent bloggers on this site– he put the word in quotation marks, you goof. He was mocking your spelling.

66. By Titus on May 12, 2011 | Reply

Oh, FYI Paul: it’s ” you’re,” not “your.”

67. By twistedvike on May 17, 2011 | Reply

I am glad to see no more moss or to. They are good, but they also bring trouble with them.

68. By echo on May 23, 2011 | Reply

Thanks for your information, we will have a try.