Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions

Posted by Mike Wobschall on April 1, 2011 – 3:18 pm

March has turned to April and that means we’re that much closer to the 2011 NFL Draft. Surely that means you have questions. And the vikings.com Monday Morning Mailbag has answers.

To submit a comment or question to the mailbag, send an email to me at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net. You can also submit your comment or question in the comments section below this entry.

Remember to include your name and town on the email. We can’t post every comment and question, but we’ll try to answer each question.

38 Responses to “Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions”

1. By Aaron on Apr 1, 2011 | Reply

With the Vikings having the 12th pick I really see them taking a defensive lineman and then picking up a QB in round 2. I would really like them to take Andy Dalton in the 2nd round. He reminds me so much of Aaron Rodgers. Do they have a real interest in him and will he still be available or will they have to trade up to get him?

2. By Brian Foss on Apr 1, 2011 | Reply

Why wouldn’t we offer Sidney Rice a contract transitional tag to keep a reciever of his caliber around?

3. By Titus on Apr 1, 2011 | Reply

Need I even comment?

4. By PAUL M. on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

THIS IS MY VIKINGS “DRAFT BOARD”. HOW DO MY PLAYER RANKINGS TO FILL SOME TEAM DEFICIENCIES RESONATE W/ YOU?

1. trade up for BLAYNE GABBERT

2. TYRON SMITH (OT)

3. PRINCE AMUKAMARA (CB)

4. MIKE POUNCEY (OT)

5. JULIO JONES (WR)

6. ROBERT QUINN (DE) — NOT AN IMMEDIATE NEED . . .

7. ANTHONY CASTONZO (OL)

8. HIGHEST RATED PLAYER ON THE BOARD

ALSO, AGGRESSIVELY GO AFTER KOLB OR CLEMENS — WE NEED MORE QB’s ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

5. By PAUL M. on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

BY THE WAY, AS I LIVE IN THE NY / NJ AREA, I CAN TELL ALL OUR VIKINGS FANS THAT KELLEN CLEMENS IS A VERY UNDER RATED QB!

6. By rino on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Mike I belive the vikings will trade down to 20-25 pick and aquire first round pick 22nd and a second round pick yes there in need of a qb but they will not reach for one the vikes will take pouncey in the first I expect locker will be in round 2 were the vikings will select him. I expect vikings will address CB/WR with ther other second round pick . the rest of the picks will be use to make depth in certain position Im no draft expert but do you see them doing something like this.

7. By rino on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

aaron good luck with all your picks as i recall vikes have 1 first round pick not 7

8. By rino on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

sorry aar thats for pual m

9. By rino on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

sorry aaron thats reply for paul m

10. By Frederick Jones on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Select Terry Bradshaw, QB from LSU in the 1st Round. He is available.
    2nd Round: Titus, CB
    4th Round: Nova, G
    5th Round: Jimmy Johnson, LB
    6th Round: DRS, OT
    7th Round: Shawn, C

11. By Readyforvikingfootball on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Hi, Mike you have the insight on what position the vikings will draft in the first round I have to admit this year is throwing me off a bit. I have no clue who they will pick so much needs for this team. I hope the vikings don’t draft a defensive end seeing erasmus, udeze, be a bust got me discouraged for that position.

12. By Titus on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Frederick that is hilarious– not sure that I would be very good at that position. Besides, one hit and I would be in the stands having a hot dog.

13. By DRS on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Frederick Jones, Your pick might have been spot on 28 years ago and if there was not the color blindness in the NFL then and now.

14. By DRS on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

On second thought maybe with all the old timers coming back to play in the NFL, maybe I will give it a try. LOL. Hope they have beeng@y available.

15. By DRS on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Will the NFL play replacements if the players will not play this season?

16. By DRS on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Will the Vikings pay more to get a new stadium?

17. By Titus on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, Fred may not be that off on his picks–

What I wonder about is why is a stadium so expensive?

18. By DRS on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Greed!

19. By DRS on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Have a nice day one and all.

20. By radzinwisconsin on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Julio Jones

21. By Shawn on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

lol Fred

22. By Zach Shepersky on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

With Sidney Rice’s unknown status with the team do you think the Vikings would consider trying to acquire Randy Moss again?

23. By TW VIKE on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

We should have never let Moss go and yes bring him back. So what if he doesnt play every down, he still has a DB and a safety on him, somebody else should be open. I hope Childress is hand washing jocks somewhere. R Moss still has alot of tread left on those tires and plenty of gas in the tank. Please no Kevin Cobb, I rather have Favre back than Cobb.

24. By Dave on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

We should either trade up to get Blaine gabbert or take prince if hes there or take mike pouncey. Who are we most likely to get

25. By Shawn on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

Mike,

Do we have a plan at safety? We ignored OJ Antogwe 2 years in a row despite having the worst secondary 3 years in a row as far as turnovers are concerned. Antogwe is statistically among the top turnover safeties in the league. So I ask again do we have a plan at safety ? Or are we just content not being the best ?

Shawn

26. By Parody on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

Valiant effort Shawn, but I can sum up Mike’s response to your question right now. “I’m not privy to the inner workings of the Vikings decision makers, so I can’t speak one way or another in answer to that. But my opinion on it is…” etc.

Mike has very few actual answers for us, while most of the answers that he gives to us are generally facts that can be located in 5-minutes from a google search if you know how to look.

27. By Troy Cook on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

I saw tapes of Jake Locker from the Washington Huskies and he looks like the right fit for the Vikings. He’s strong and has a great arm with the stats to back him up. I hope the Vikes will look at him for QB this year and into the future!

Troy C.

28. By Shawn on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

@Troy … better to judge from the guys lowlights than his highlights

29. By Shawn on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

@parody thanx , Im going to be asking about the safety position till i get an answer lol … ITS JUST FRUSTERATING

30. By Rogerthevikefan on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

Maybe they will draft some one possibly Rahim Moore or Quinton Carter.

31. By Dave on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

they could get prince and possibly move cedric griffen to safety

32. By Dave on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

maybe build up at positions like the OL and DB or maybe a little bit of DL too and next year do the best to get Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley. Is this a possibility?

33. By Dave on Apr 7, 2011 | Reply

Is there a chance we get Vince Young from free agents who is not very old and he can get the job done right away and we got a good coaching staff?

34. By rino on Apr 11, 2011 | Reply

Mike I belive the vikings will trade down to 20-25 pick and aquire first round pick and second round and possible a 3rd pick if they find a team desperate enough. i think they will draft locker or dalton maybe both im just guessing But Im 100% sure they will a trade down acquire a few more picks and still get who they want

35. By rino on Apr 11, 2011 | Reply

just saying it again I belive the vikings will trade down to 20-25 pick and aquire first round pick and second round and possible a 3rd pick if they find a team desperate enough. i think they will draft locker or dalton maybe both im just guessing But Im 100% sure they will a trade down acquire a few more picks and still get who they want

36. By Jeremy on Apr 13, 2011 | Reply

Will the Vikes ever scrimmage against the Saints and the Chiefs in “wonderful” WI like they used to? I thought they had some success after doing that. (As long as it doesn’t get too hot out maybe.)

37. By Mitch on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

I was just wonder, when the lockout is over do you see the vikings picking up either Deandre McDaniel SS from Clemson and/or Derrick Locke RB from Kentucky? McDaniel is a good SS and would help the vikings with they DB problem. Both are good players and i think should be in the NFL. Hopefully with the Vikings! Do you see anyone the Vikings would go for?

2. Apr 1, 2011: Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions | Vikings Stop Blog