Spielman Talks Draft, Offseason On KFAN

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on March 25, 2011 – 12:35 pm

Vikings VP of Player Personnel Rick Spielman joined the voice of the Vikings, Paul Allen, on AM 1130 KFAN on Friday, March 25 to discuss the on-going offseason, the upcoming NFL Draft, and much more.

Click here to listen / download the MP3 file of Spielman’s appearance.

Tags:
Posted in All | 25 Comments »

25 Responses to “Spielman Talks Draft, Offseason On KFAN”

1. By Frederick Jones on Mar 25, 2011 | Reply

There is alot of repetition on this blog.

I commented about the 6 to 1 vote for the Arden Hills Football Site about a month ago.

We should be writing letters to the powers that be.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO TO WRITE A LETTER TO ABOUT THIS STADIUM ISSUE???????

2. By Titus on Mar 25, 2011 | Reply

I just saw an article about a fan in Cleveland who is suing the NFL.

3. By Shawn on Mar 25, 2011 | Reply

HAHAHA THATS AWESOME TITUS !!!!

Whats he suing for?

4. By Frederick Jones on Mar 25, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

I thought you were concerned about the stadium?

5. By Aceviking on Mar 25, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Fredrick Jones. The stadium is the biggest issue the Vikings have. It won’t matter how the Minnesota Vikings do in the next few years if they turn out to be the LA Vikings.

6. By Shawn on Mar 25, 2011 | Reply

@Titus … I saw the article on NFL.com , thats awesome

@Fred … I am

@Leslie Frazier … Bring back Moss 84Life

7. By Stadium on Mar 25, 2011 | Reply

If you build me they will stay !!!!

8. By Titus on Mar 26, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, Shawn, it is about time the fans say ENOUGH.

9. By colby wilken on Mar 26, 2011 | Reply

Who will our quarterback throw to?Rice only had on good year,Harvin is always out with migrains.

10. By Titus on Mar 26, 2011 | Reply

We need to pursue Moss with the same passion we pursued Favre– put up billboards, scream, chant, shout!!!!
    MOSS— Come home!!! Finish where you started!!! Bring the first Superbowl victory to the Minnesota Vikings!!!

11. By Parody on Mar 26, 2011 | Reply

It’s about time the fans form their own union. Does anybody know how to get that started? Just think of how much weight a consumer’s union has the potential to pull. We could threaten to not buy tickets, convince the local TV stations not to cary football programming, and start watch ingthe CFL all year long. Obviously we wouldn’t be able to get close to the entire fanbase on-board, but a big enough union would definitely have a noticable impact on the revenue that owners would have to pay attention to.

12. By Parody on Mar 26, 2011 | Reply

@Colby – Harvin’s migraines did not change his playing time nearly as much as you are supposing. He has played 29 of the 32-games that he was an NFL pro. Heck, Adrian Peterson missed two-games this year to Percy’s one. Yes, his migraines have made him miss a lot of practices, but he almost always is ready for game-day. Plus the team doctors have been working with him and are continuing to make his head less of a problem.

13. By Frederick Jones on Mar 26, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

I think your idea of an NFLfansUnion is a great idea.

How would we get it off the ground?

Do we need a celebrity spokesperson?

It is a realistic idea IF we can figure out a way to get it started !

14. By Titus on Mar 26, 2011 | Reply

I think the first thing to do, and do quickly, would be to start our own fanbase website– discussing this on an NFL site is not the wisest move— we need a presence on the web.

15. By Nick on Mar 26, 2011 | Reply

to do it you would need enough funding to get the ufl broadcasted on national tv. and to promote it.

16. By wacky on Mar 28, 2011 | Reply

if they don’t draft a QB with there pick at 12 they need to look at getting ridd of spielman.. he just a good talker, i think he’s a joke!!!

17. By Remember Met Stadium on Mar 28, 2011 | Reply

Im wondering why people still believe the NFL will somehow manage to put a team in LA. How is this feat going to happen? California is writing IOUs to their state employees, they certainly arent in a position to drop any money on a new stadium.

The private sector is going to want the lions share of any profits that a new stadium will generate, so the would nullify any real reason for a team to move there.

The only remaining option would be for the team owners to pay for the stadium themselves. If the Wolfs would rather buy their own stadium in LA rather than here, then I say God Bless them.

So please, can we stop pretending that the Vikings actually have an option to move?

18. By paul on Mar 28, 2011 | Reply

Sign Bill Parcells, stadium in L.A. is under construction, who in there right mind would sign Randy Moss?

19. By Remember Met Stadium on Mar 28, 2011 | Reply

Right, the stadium is under construction. Private sector money. Like I said….

NFL owners are going to want a bigger slice of the pie than the private sector is going to want to give up. Mark my words. If anyone moves to LA (and frankly, at this point I seriously doubt it) it will be Jacksonville.

20. By James on Mar 28, 2011 | Reply

Stadiums over time do pay high dividend back it is just most people look at the first cost.Minnesota will lose big if a stadum gets lost in this years business.Plus if it has a roof it will host many other events.So the Wilf need to step up and help get this done.GO VIKES

21. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

I am so tired of these players and owners!!!!! Who is going to lose in the end? THE FANS!!! I understand that this is a business, but guess who pays their salaries? US!!!!!!! I swear if there is a lockout this year…I am done with the NFL. I have been a season ticket holder for over 10 years…but I am done!!!

22. By K'net on Mar 30, 2011 | Reply

Glad to hear that he still wants to pick best available. Please stick to this, and don’t cave into what certain higher-ups and fans think we need. I want our offensive and defensive line to get back to where it was two seasons ago. I am fully confident that if we can get our o-line back up to par that Webb could make a go of it next season and lead our team through at least a somewhat successful season, and we can worry more about CBs and WRs (granted we probably need someone to give us a little more depth at the position, maybe Nevada’s Colin K?), and put off QBs until after we see what Webb can do with a full season. Heck, if he doesn’t work out we’ve lost what, a season that will probably be shortened anyway, and we’d complain that our sixth round pick didn’t work out at the QB position when we’d still have the possibility of making him into a decent WR.

Just my thoughts.

23. By ghost on Mar 31, 2011 | Reply

I feel if we spend a 1st round pick on QB or any player in the top 15 that player must be able to play/start from day one – not a year or two down the road. All these QB are over rated, I would try and get extra 1st round picks in 2012 and make a hard push to get Luck.

I hope Rice and Edwards get picked up by another team as long as the Vikes get compensated the 1st round offer in 2012 – that would give us 3 picks in the 1st round.

24. By Kev on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

when cba is figured out sign Rice and deal Edwards to someone else, he has had one reaaly good game and that was against Dallas, big deal. Robison needs his shot and I think will be fine. still draft defensive help n maybe oline studs if there.

2. Mar 25, 2011: Spielman Talks Draft, Offseason On KFAN | Vikings Stop Blog