Let The Mock (Draft) Madness Begin!

Posted by Mike Wobschall on March 10, 2011 – 8:00 am

The blitz of conference tournament and NCAA tournament games in March has allowed college basketball to cement the term “March Madness” into the collective minds of sports fans across America.

So for the 4th consecutive year, vikings.com will piggyback off that and run another “Mock Madness” series in the weeks leading up to the 2011 NFL Draft. Mock Madness is a mechanism by which we can keep up-to-date with the mock drafts of football observers from popular outlets such as NFL.com, ESPN.com and SportsIllustrated.com.

Click here to read Mock Madness 1.0.

Check back to vikings.com each week for an updated version of Mock Madness to see who everyone is projecting to be the Vikings 1st-round selection.

For those of you who don’t want to click over to the actual page and instead want the cliff notes version of Mock Madness 1.0 so you can continue reading the vikings.com Blog, here are the projections:

NFL.com’s Pat Kirwan: Nate Solder
NFL.com’s Charles Davis: Adrian Clayborn
ESPN.com’s Mel Kiper, Jr.: DE Robert Quinn
ESPN.com’s Todd McShay: DE Robert Quinn
Sports Illustrated’s Don Banks: QB Jake Locker
CBSSports.com’s Rob Rang: QB Ryan Mallet
CBSSports.com’s Chad Reuter: OT Tyron Smith
NFP.com’s Wes Bunting: QB Blaine Gabbert

107 Responses to “Let The Mock (Draft) Madness Begin!”

1. By Kody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I like the pick of Adrian Clayborn, the man is a beast although he slipped last year. I think a lot of people were targeting him. Just because a man has one off year, doesn’t mean he’s bad, look at Jared Allen.

Really though, I think our backups on the DL are pretty good. I think OL is more of a necessity at this point then DL. Although he’s still performing at a high level, hutch is getting old, McKinnie is not performing as well, and Sullivan can be good if he stays healthy. But his backup has problems in the snapping department every now and then. Our next QB will be nothing if we don’t plug up the holes we had last year.

2. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I’m pretty surprised not to see Julio Jones on any of the selections there. A lot of people are projecting him to not be selected by #12, so he would be my first choice if that happens (assuming no other big names drop our way too).

All the DEs are a bit of a shock too. On the DLine we are in a much bigger need at a solid DT to replace Pat Williams than we are in need of a DE.

I’m actually kind of sprised to see QBs on this mock only twice as well, since at least 90% of the drafts that I’ve looked at since the end of the season project us taking a QB (usually Mallett).

3. By James on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

If the vikes pick a OL what would he pertect.AP will still rush for 1400 yards his catches are up taking a guy like Locker on a trade to the late teens would let us get a third back #2 could be a DL and #3 could get OL competition for loadholt and trade BM and use free agent players to fill a couple holes

4. By Rogerthevikefan on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

How about tradeing down and drafting Dt Stephen Paea late first early second. Then maybe draft Jake Locker with the second. That is if they can get him to not play like a robot.

5. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

6. By Kody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

The problem with drafting a qb in the first round is I don’t think any of them are ready to play in the NFL next year. And why Locker? He sucks in the pocket. You can get a decent qb in the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th. Stanzi from Iowa is a great QB but like the others, needs time before he starts.

7. By James on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

yes the big guy from oragon would be nice to take over on DL and he would be an impact right away.that would let us get a pick back. Players like AP and PH fell to spiellman in the draft but he has not did very well on his own some good back ups. If the vikes want to hit two starters in #1 and #2 rounds they need to get rid of spiellman first and it would be nice to get J.Locker in the #2 round its all about competition

8. By James on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

yes it is a stretch but JL was projected going #1 to rams last year and is #2 rated QB as of yesterday and he is smart and could come in late in the year so DL first pick and maybe he will be around in the second also OL somewhere in a early round so we should see if we can trade spiellman for a third round pick

9. By Carl K on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Parody – Julio Jones should be high on our list.

Phil Taylor DT from Baylor would be perfect to replace Pat Williams. He might fall to the Vikings in the second round. I think the late first round and the second round has a lot of good talent. If the top dogs are gone… trade back.

Would Von Miller be a good replacement for Ben Leber if he falls out of the top ten?

10. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know that we need to worry about replacing Ben. We have Henderson, Onatolu, Farwell and possibly even Brinkley as potential replacements on the roster already. While Brinkley is more suited to be a MLB, the other three have been good backups and/or special teams players and deserve a shot at the #1 spot. With the three of them competing for it, there should be more than enough incentive to get one of them to step up and deliver as the right side linebacker can. I think the general consensus is that Henderson is currently the best player for the job, but that just may be because players want to see the brothers side by side.

11. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

*Fans* want to see the brothers side by side…

12. By Carl K on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Parody, you might know this question. Erin Henderson was a top fifty talent but went undrafted. Some say it is because of his knee… he doesn’t have an ACL and plays with pain (I am not sure if this is true?). Do you know for sure why Erin went undrafted?

Do you know why we have not resigned him? He is productive on special teams and looks very good in preseason.

13. By Rogerthevikefan on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Probly because they doubt he will sign elsewhere. Erin is a good Lb and he deserves a chance to start. He did pretty good when Leber was hurt.

14. By Carl K on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Last preseason he was one of the top 12 in tackles in the NFL.
    I would love to see him get a shot at the starting.

15. By Ham on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

“Parody: There are about 8-players that I would take if any one of them some how drops to us (DTs Dareus & Fairley, QBs Gabbert & Newton, WRs Jones & Green, and DEs Bowers & Quinn). If not, then I say trade back. There will still be plenty of players to fill in holes in the late first round that are worth getting rather than reaching for a QB.”

I agree with this ^ But I wouldn’t be upset with Locker, don’t want Clayborn. My favorite 3 of those mentioned at 12 would be Quinn, Gabbert, and Jones.

16. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I never heard that stuff about Erin. I just looked him up and all I could fin on him was that he was suspended for 4-games for substance abuse.

17. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I think the main reason that Erin wasn’t re-signed was because he only has 3-years experience, so it is pretty much guaranteed that the RFA tag put on him will stick.

18. By Carl K on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

He is one blog that I found about erin’s knee and why he went undrafted.

19. By Carl K on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

here is a report that talks about his knee problems, but no mention of a missing ACL. I was just wondering if any one knew how bad his (Erin Henderson) knee was??

20. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

The best I can find on Henderson explains injury problems (the ACL) as the reason for him going undrafted. Apparantly this means that he will always play with pain.

But as we all know now, Hendersons are quick healers. One site I found listed Erin as the best undrafted free agent in the NFL, so it looks like we have a solid player there.

21. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

So does anybody else think that Greenway should grow his hair out to a Clay Matthews extreme?

22. By Toby in CA on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I dont agree with picking a QB up in this draft, it is a vital position we need however, look at Stafford. The lions cant keep him upright and look how that has turned out for them. I say we go Oline considering they are the one’s responsible for Brett having the worst year of his career…I was rooting for Loadholt to man up at this level but doesnt look like that will happen…like i said i say we go Oline in the first however, i believe Speilmen should work his magic and trade down to pick up a couple extra picks, possibly new england??? Dline/DB in the second. what say ye? SKOL VIKINGS

23. By Carl K on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I like Erin Henderson and I like Kenny Onatolu, but every team in the NFL passed on the two guys for a reason. Both were very productive NCAA pl@yers.

All I am saying is I would add Von Miller to the list of guys I would take with the 12th pick.

Here are guys that I don’t think we can p@ss up if they fall out of the top ten
    B. Gabbert
    P. Patterson
    A.J. Green
    Julio Jones
    P. Amukamara
    Von Miller
    Bowers
    M. Dareus
    Fairley

24. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Of course…I forgot to list the corners in my picks – I definitely would take either of them with the #12 as well.

25. By Toby in CA on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I would LOVE if we got our hands on P. Patterson, but i dont think that would happen…

26. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

So if I were to consider Miller, that would give 11-guys that are worthy of the #12, and with some OLinemen moving up the drafts it seems pretty likely that one or two of them will still be available. So here is the order of worth I would put them at to our team:

Fairley (DT)
    Daerus (DT)
    Peterson (CB)
    Amukamara (CB)
    Gabbert (QB)
    Jones (WR)
    Green (WR)
    Bowers(DE)
    Miller (LB)
    Quinn (DE)
    Newton (QB)

27. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

So really – Am I the ONLY one who think it would be cool if Greenway grew out some nice long 18-inch locks???

28. By Frederick Jones on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

Anybody that grows their hair out in the NFL is an idiot.

Matthews hair is gross.

29. By Frederick Jones on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

@James,

Evidently you did not see Barry Sanders after most of his offensive line died, got paralyzed, or were forced to retire because of injuries. This happened in the late 1990s.

Adrian Peterson will have trouble running for 1000 yards with our current line.
    You are badly mistaken. RBs need people to block for them !

30. By Toby in CA on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Frederick, long hair in the NFL is not attractive.

31. By Frederick Jones on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I’m not in favor of the Vikings waiting until the 2nd round to draft an offensive lineman, unless we have several wonderful free agents lined up !

:) :) :( :) :)

Why is does the lineman in the middle have a frown on his face?

32. By Frederick Jones on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

@Toby,

Thank you. I was a little nasty about this subject. But Matthews actually said he has beautiful hair???!!!

33. By Rogerthevikefan on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Look at Polomalu or however you spell it people are always useing it to pull him down. It is a weakness others would explot. Besides who wants to look like clay.

34. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

But then we would have an awesome nickname for our starting linebackers: Hairy and the Hendersons!!!

35. By Carl K on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Long hair is ok for rock stars and NFL pl@yers. J. Allen needs to grow his hair out too. It is time for the Vikings to go bad @ss… Pardon my French.

36. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I mean there’s no more Williams Wall, so we need something new, right?

37. By chickenboots420 on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Has anybody seen who starts at safety for the vikes? worst duo in the league hands down! M. Williams is the worst in the league. Ive seen pee wee players that take better angles and god he cant tackle Hey he won the man of the year award tho!

38. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Williams isn’t a starter. He’s paid like a starter, but Abdullah has taken that role from him. I think that TJohnson is the man on the other side, a 2nd round draft pick from about 3 years ago. I still have hopes that he can turn things around, but Williams needs to go and we should try to find a good future prospect at safety in the 4th or 5th round.

39. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Carl that is not French.

40. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Frederick, not sure the hair on Matthews is gross– the ladies probably like it.
    When I was a youngster in my 20s I had longer hair, but nowhere like that– more like just past my shoulders– I thought I was cool—maybe one day again– when I am independently wealthy and don’t have to meet clients.

41. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

William’s walll is half a wall now.

42. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Long hair is okay on women.

43. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Exactly, that’s why I’m saying we should find a new nickname for some portion of our Defense. The strength of Frazier’s defense has always been the front-7. Curently we barely have a clue as to what the final group of the DLinemen will look like, but I think it will be a pretty safe bet that the starting LBs will be Greenway, Henderson & Henderson. So if Greenway can add some fur, then Harry and the Hendersons would be perfect!

44. By JDR on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

The line backing core will be called “the lawfirm” (assuming EJ and Erin start) Henderson Henderson and Greenway…BOOM!

45. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

HH & G— dyNOOOmIIITE!!!!!

46. By Shawn on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I think we would benefit from all those guesses except Locker HE CANT THROW … last i checked QBs were supposed to be able to throw

I guess if this new OC we have uses the QB differantly possibly but Im fairly certain we wont run the ball 100% of the time

47. By Parody on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I have the fèeling that the coaching stáff wants to mîmîck the Jets formula. Trust the QB to hánd the báll off to star RBs for most of the game and throw it when needed while relying on one of the better defenses in the league to keep the team in the game.

It has gotten them to two cònsècutive chámpiònshîps…maybe our coaches can take it one step further?

48. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Of course our coaches can take it further– Frazier won’t put feet into his mouth like a certain head coach in New York city, not mentioning names, but it’s not Coughlin.

49. By govikes! on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

anyone that thinks Jake locker and/ or Ryan Mallett will fall to the 2nd round are delusional and live in a fantasy world. There is 10+ teams(including us) potentially needing a QB. 7 ahead of us( Car, Buffalo, Cinci, Ariz, SF, Tennessee, and Washington. and 2 behind us The dolphins may go a different direction, same with Seattle but if we want locker or Mallett it will be a risk of hoping they will still be their.. and whose to say another team is not looking to build for the future? If i am a team with no other glaring needs i would love to have either locker or Mallett at least backing up on my team until they can take the reigns..

that’s just my 2 cents.

50. By govikes! on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Also, Locker was a projected top pick last year if he came out of college, and I would bet Mallet would be neck to neck with blaine gabbert for top QB in the draft if it were not for the huge cam newton hype who i have no doubt will be a bust.

51. By Rogerthevikefan on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Eric Hagg Safety from Nebraska. Tyler Sash Safety from Iowa. Quinton Carter Safety from Oklahoma. Choose one. Replacement options for P. Williams are Stephen Paea or Phil Taylor. Both 300 plus pounds that can move. Dareus would be the best but he will be gone early. For Qb Dalton is really growing on me. While Ponder would work perfectly if they continue useing the West Coast Offence. Both early second rounders.

52. By NovaScotiaVike on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

You guys won’t be hearing from me for a while. Just had a major family tragedy. I’ll talk to you when I can.

53. By Rogerthevikefan on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Right now the back end of the D could be nicknamed the hole in the wall gang. As in giant hole where anyone can get through with ease. Please there must be a safety that they can grab. I just named 3 that they should look at.

54. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Sorry to hear that Nova.

55. By PAUL M. on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

IT’S DOWN TO 3 WINNING PHILOSOPHIES — YOU BUILD YOUR TEAM AROUND YOUR: 1. QB 2. OFFENSIVE LINE or 3. DEFENSE. THE ONLY OTHER SCENARIO IS IF YOU’RE ONLY A FEW MOVES AWAY FROM BEING A SERIOUS CONTENDER, THEN YOU GO AFTER THOSE PLAYERS.

SINCE THE HARDEST POSITION TO FIND, BY FAR, IN THE FREE AGENCY MARKET, IS A QUALITY QB WHO CAN POTENTIALLY ANCHOR THE VIKINGS FOR THE NEXT 10 -15 YEARS, I SAY DRAFT A QB. BUT I ALSO THINK THAT QUALITY CENTERS ARE RARE FINDS. THAT’S WHY I DON’T THINK WE SHOULD PICK JULIO JONES AT 12 — QUALITY WR’s HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE BOTH OVER THE FREE AGENCY & WAIVER WIRES RECENTLY.

I WOULD L – O – V – E IT IF BLAYNE GABBERT IS AROUND AT 12. THIS IS A KID THAT I THINK COULD STARE DOWN RODGERS, STAFFORD & CUTLER IN THE NFC NORTH FOR MANY YEARS.

I WAS ONE OF JOE WEBB’S EARLY SUPPORTERS ON THE BLOGS. KEEP THE KID & BRING IN BOTH A VETERAN & DRAFT PICK TO CREATE SOME VIKINGS QB SYNERGY!! I’D LIKE TO TAKE A LOOK AT AT A POTENTIAL SLEEPER IN THE FREE AGENCY MARKET — KELLEN CLEMENS FROM THE JETS.

IF WE DRAFT A QB — PLEASE, PLEASE – P L E A S E CHOOSE A QB WITH A SOLID CHARACTER WHO IS INTELLIGENT & ACCURATE.

MOBILITY, TOUGHNESS, LEADERSHIP, ARM STRENGTH, SIZE AND ALL OF THE “INTANGIBLES” ARE ALL USELESS IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE BRAINS, ACCURACY & THE CHARACTER TO GET IT DONE.

I HATE TO SAY IT BUT GREEN BAY SEEMS TO “GET IT” WHEN IT COMES TO DRAFTING / ACQUIRING QB’s. WHY CAN’T OUR LEADERSHIP GET IT?

I HATED 2010′s SEASON & I HOPE THE ORGANIZATION LEARNED FROM ITS LESSONS. JUST GET US A SOLID TEAM ON PAPER, AND THEN PERFORM AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN THE PAPER. NO MORE “PAPER TIGERS” !

56. By Ontario Viking on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I have been saying this on other sites. What we need to do is not get a QB in the 1st round. We can easly pick a deceant qb in second round at pick 12. We need to draft Nate Solder. He is logical. He fills a huge need and can give us an impact right away. There is 3 vet QB’s we should go after. Palmer, Hasselbeck or Kolb. Those three QBs are good and have years left in them to train a QB like Locker, Mallet or Dalton. Also webb will learn well behind one of those as well.

57. By Frederick Jones on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I like the way the Uof Iowa QB, Stanzi sounds. He may be just as good as anyone, and the Vikings can wait until the 2nd Round to nab him.

The draft is tricky, I hope the Vikings can find at least 2 blue chippers at any position ! ! !

58. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Fred, Nova needs our prayers.

59. By Frederick Jones on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

Yeah when the Dinosaurs roamed the earth, I too Jonesy, also had long hair.

I would hate to accidently grab someones hair when trying to tackle or block them. Clay Matthews hair is gross. It’s stringy, and tangled.

60. By Frederick Jones on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Thank you Titus, for reminding me about Nova.

61. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I just prayed.

62. By Frederick Jones on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Wow, so did I, just now ! ! !

63. By Frederick Jones on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

—————Peterson————-

—————-Webb—————

WR TE :) :) :( :) :) WR WR

Why is the Center frowning??

64. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Maybe he didn’t have breakfast!

65. By PAUL M. on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

DOES ANY VIKINGS FAN OUT THERE NEED ANY PROOF ABOUT HOW IMPORTANT OUR QB IS?

NOT TOO LONG AGO WE WERE STRUGGLING AT THE QB POSITION. WE’VE SEEN A STRING OF QB’s AT THE END OF THEIR STARTING CAREERS. CULPEPPER, JOHNSON, FREROTTE, BOLLINGER, ROSENFELS — AND THEN THERE WAS THE JACKSON EXPERIMENT.

OK, SOME WERE BACK-UPS, BUT WHEN DANTE STARTED HIS DECLINE, JUST LIKE FAVRE OVER AT GB, WE SHOULD HAVE SERIOUSLY ALREADY BEEN DEVELOPING HIS LONG TERM HEIR TO THE VIKING THRONE — JUST LIKE GB WAS GROOMING THEIR HEIR APPARENT – RODGERS FOR FAVRE – OR BEFORE THAT WHEN THEY GROOMED FAVRE FOR DON MAJKOWSKI!

AND SPEAKING OF FAVRE, WE GOT ONE GREAT QB WHO HAD ONE GOOD SEASON LEFT IN HIM — & JUST LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED!!! ONE PLAY AWAY FROM THE BIG ONE!! IT WAS LIKE INJECTING OUR TEAM WITH TURBO JUICE!

WE CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY QB’s. TEAMS HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN THEIR $$$ & DRAFT PICKS / INVESTMENTS BACK BECAUSE OTHER TEAMS WILL ALWAYS BE DESPERATE FOR A GOOD YOUNG QB.

TEAMS LIKE SAN DIEGO, WHO HAD RIVERS & BREESE – OR THE EAGLES WITH VICK & KOLB – 49rs’ MONTANA / YOUNG, OR THE PATRIOTS BRADY & CASSEL HAVE ALL PROVED IT. YOU JUST HAVE TO DRAFT FOR THE RIGHT REASONS – INTELLIGENCE, ACCURACY & CHARACTER.

66. By paul on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Long haired linebackers, like Matthews look pretty cool, especially with a superbowl ring attach to there finger.

67. By Titus on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

@Paul– what is wrong with this sentence? I spot 5 grammatical mistakes. Green Bay low on school funds?

68. By Mark on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Let’s keep the Sleeper Karl Klug (Iowa) in Minnesota? Perfect fit to learn behind DE Edwards or Allen?

69. By Woodboat on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

I gotta agree with those of you that say OL with our first pick. Yeah, if Gabbert is still there, you gotta draft him, but other than that, go OL. We have guys already on the payroll that can perform on the the DLine… why waste a 1st round pick to keep one of them in a back up role? We need our 1st pick to start and make an impact. Go OL, DB, DB, DB, DB…… until you run outa picks. Maybe take a flyer on a kid like Stanzi or one of the other “2nd tier” QBs late in the draft. IDK, maybe go Ditka next year and spend yor entire draft on Andrew Luck (assuming we aren’t picking first :) )

70. By Woodboat on Mar 10, 2011 | Reply

Oh, BTW…. Clay Mathews is from out here in California, where it is acceptable for a kid to have long hair. If I’m not mistaken, our boy Chad Greenway is off a farm in South Dakota. That young man needs to keep his lettuce high and tight, ala Sgt. Slaughter. A flat top and a Don Johnson beard on that guy would be spooky enough.

71. By Parody on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

QUICK SURVEY:
    Who here believes in curses?

TO ALL OF YOU WHO ANSWERED IN THE AFFIRMATIVE:
    If you were also hoping for the team to draft a DE in the first round, your beliefs will tell you how bad of an idea that is after reading the following article: http://thevikingage.com/2011/03/10/reviewing-the-vikings-curse-of-drafting-des-in-round-1/

I never realized how much bad luck we had drafting ends in the first round, and I’d say we’re better off not tempting fate. We have more need for a DT than a DE anyways.

72. By Rogerthevikefan on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

M. Wilkinson 6’4 300 plus pounds and can move pretty good. So Wilkinson, Paea, Taylor, and Dareus(not even likely he will be around). Gabbert is the only Qb worth a 1st. Ponder and Dalton are 2nd rounders. Then Devlin and Stanzi 3rd to 4th. Dislike Newton(ALL HYPE), Mallet(RYAN LEAF)but is best passer, and Locker(ROBOT)can’t throw in pocket.

73. By Old School on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

I was just reading some stuff on the Labor Talks and I “Know” they are going to strike! If they do…all of this Draft talk is for nothing in regards to myself….At that point, I WILL GO ON A STRIKE FROM PRO FOOTBALL! I will not watch it for a year after they come back!

Complete idiots!

THE MONEY AND FAME IS NEVER ENOUGH FOR THESE PEOPLE!!!!! WHILE THE REST OF WAKE AND GO TO WORK AND BUST OUR A#$%$ OR WAKE UP AND GO OUT THERE AND LOOK FOR WORK SO WE CAN WAKE UP AND BUST OUR A$%^% !!!!!!!

74. By Frederick Jones on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

@Paul M.,

Apparently you were not around when Jim Plunkett was with the Patriots, and Archie Manning was with the Saints.

A great quarterback does not guarantee a great team.

The Vikings have other missing ingredients: Offensive Line, and Defensive Backs in particular.

Maybe if we get those people, a great qb will want to come here.

75. By Frederick Jones on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

@James,

Adrian Peterson will not get 1400 yards with this offensive line. He didn’t get 1400 this year ! ! !

76. By James on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

Parody my wifes rec/assistant hangs out with Chad Greenways sister sometime and I have partied with her a couple times myself i dont no her that well but but she does i will ask her to talk to Chads sister and post later….lol

77. By James on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

Mr.Jones,
    I do know all that i just look at the stats. So with that,AP rushed for almost 1400 yds last season and had plenty of catches.
    Hutch missed last part of season and the young guy who fill in for him has high looks from the coaches and Hutch will be back.
    So really….less than a 1000 yds you do the math.

78. By Titus on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

@ Old School— one year? Really? If they go on strike, I say we stop watching for 2-3 years. These are kids in their twenties making millions– unreal. For playing a game— they are blessed beyond belief— 97% of the world population would do anything to have their salaries for one year.
    CAN ANYONE SAY, ENTITLEMENT?

79. By Titus on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

It’s all about egos and money. Period. Fans? An afterthought. Try that in any other business– go to a restaurant and sit at a table while the waiter ignores you– see how long that business stays profitable.

80. By Titus on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

Old School, you got me going.

81. By James on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

SO AP only rushed for 1298 yrds. his catches were up and the line need improvement but the vikes need to get younger on DL and with a coach like Frazier he will look to get younger in a few areas.free agency for some building tools.mabene out of seattle if he become free to get.But AP should be up on rushing in 2011 with hutch back for a full year. how deep is the draft on OL and DL this year?

82. By Nick on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

Getting round to liking old J.J. Watt, his versatility and mean streak would be great for us, either him or Cam Jordan in the first – let’s maintain the proud excellence of our D.Line. Colin Kaepernick or Ryan Mallet in the second. Best C/G in the fourth and then the highest rated DB.

83. By viking joe on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

CAM NEWTON sucks He needs a lot a work he sux bottem line!!!!

84. By Titus on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

I watch the Locker interviews and he always seems a split second behind — slightly out of breath like he is trying to impress with his thoughts, but he is just one nanoimage from lacking confidence— I don’t know. Too early to tell. I hear good things about Gabbert and he seems to have a bit of co-ckiness, like Favre– but again, I don’t know. It is too early to know—

85. By animal26 on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

Now that the lock out is happening. I say the Vikings stick with joe webb and fill in holes on the defensive, offensive line, and Wide Receiver (possibly)

86. By animal26 on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

defense*

87. By IUVikes1 on Mar 12, 2011 | Reply

Gabbert will be long gone and I don’t want Newton or Locker. I am hopeful that Spielman will be active in trading up and back this year. I would be very happy to trade down twice in the 1st Round, if it meant picking up two R3 picks (one would be LATE R3). I would then try to trade up in R2, as I think Mallett goes EARLY in R2. Would probably cost us our R2 and R4 pick, but our draft could look something like:
    R1 – Cameron Heyward DT Ohio State (can play DE, too)
    R2 – Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
    R3 – John Moffitt C Wisc
    R3 – Lee Ziemba G/T Auburn
    R5 – Jermale Hines FS Ohio State
    R5 – Chykie Brown CB Texas
    R6 – Virgil Green TE Nevada
    R7 – Mark Dell WR MSU

88. By hummer on Mar 13, 2011 | Reply

I a student,I have no time to watch the games on live. cheap jerseys But I still care for this game.

89. By Daniel on Mar 13, 2011 | Reply

Pick up Mark Ingram, he can share carries with Peterson, move Toby Gerhardt to Fullback, keep Joe Webb as QB and run th 4 headed monster

90. By Arnie Kuhn on Mar 14, 2011 | Reply

The Vikes have too many needs and are in a mess. Even with the draft and free agency, they still won’t be competitive. They have one ace and that is AC, but he can’t carry a team. So how do you use that ace? You trade him while he has some value. They could probably get a whole lot for AC right now and start re-building the team. Dallas did it with Walker when they traded him to the Vikings, which made them a super bowl team. Just think of it, there is no other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

91. By PrinzCharlez on Mar 14, 2011 | Reply

@ Arnie Kuhn…..R U *bleeping* kidding me ? Trade AP, you must be a fan of another NFC North club. Now, Im not saying we could make it to the Superbowl next year but with a few added components this offseason, I see us making the playoffs. Walker trade was joke, Hershel when traded to the vikes was done, plus our defense didn’t do a good job at keeping us in many games. AP was drafted a Viking, he retires a Viking.

92. By Juan on Mar 15, 2011 | Reply

I agree that the vikings have too many holes. but too be honest i dont think there is much value at the #12 spot that would help us right away. I have a feeling that Rice might be signing elsewhere. I say take Julio Jones with the 12th IF he gets by washington. We have NO depth at WR. and Julio Jones is in the mold of a andre johnson and larry fitzgerald. you cant miss on that pick

93. By MDVikesFan on Mar 15, 2011 | Reply

I think we should pick a DB of some kind. Cook was a bust, and the only DB on the entire roster that is not a complete embarrassment is Winfield. We have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

94. By 4eversteve on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

Pat Williams will more than likely not be resigned, I like the idea of trading down and taking Phil Taylor he is a beast to handle and will command a double team much the same way Pat Williams did when we first signed him as a free agent except this kid is a rookie an a motor that won’t quit. This option will also allow them to get the extra pick in the 2nd or 3th round, no doubt the O-line must be addressed in this draft and with draft being so deep on both sides of the ball the Vikings should have a lot of options.

95. By Kuro on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

Maybe trade up in the draft and get Newton (first choice) or Gabbert (second choice). We are in dire need of a QB. Webb is still kind of new and Jackson just isn’t all that reliable. Newton has a good arm and if need be, he can tuck it down and run with it. Newton would probably open up the game for AP, too.

96. By tom ashley on Mar 17, 2011 | Reply

Personally because the Vikings still have the majority of the pieces in place to win a Superbowl NOW with the aging players that they have trading some draft picks to get a proven veteran QB that has been in the NFL for a period of a few years is ultimately what the Vikings need. A Hasselbeck or a Carson Palmer would give the Vikings the best chance to win now before the whole rebuilding process begins again!

97. By celticvikingwarrior on Mar 18, 2011 | Reply

THE COMPLETE AND TOTAL LACK OF KNOWLEDGE,NOT TO MENTION THE ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING ABUNDENSE OF STUPIDITY CONTINUALLY DEMONSTRATED ON THIS SITE NEVER CEASES TO ASTOUND, BUT DOES CONTINUALLY EMBARESS. T-JACK WILL NOT BE RESIGNED–PAT WILLIAMS IS RETIRERING–MALLET IN THE 2ND ROUND….DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW THIS TEAM AT ALL? DO THE NAMES OF GUION,EVANS,KENNEDY RING ANY BELLS ? ALL PLAYED VERY WELL, AND ARE STILL YOUNG. NOT TO MENTION GRIFFEN AND ROBISON AT END….TEAM NEEDS ARE (NOT IN ORDER) QB, OL & SAFETY. M. WILLIAMS IS THE WORST SAFETY I’VE EVER SEEN PLAY THE POSITION (IN ALMOST 50 YEARS) AND AS AN ASIDE TO “JAMES” ARE YOU DRUNK OR JUST INCAPABLE OF PUTTING TOGETHER A COHERENT SENTENCE ? PEOPLE PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS HAPPENING ON THIS TEAM, MY GOD…..

98. By animal26 on Mar 18, 2011 | Reply

who really cares, the Vikings are hurting right now. They should just do what they can in the draft to fill the most pressing holes. it’s going to take a year or 2, before the Vikings are competitive. Here are the things, the Vikings must get during this draft and Free agency (whenever that starts) to even have a chance of being competitive: Quarterback (I personally like Ryan mallet out of the QB’s in this years draft) center, right guard , left tackle, right tackle, Defensive end, Free safety, strong safety, and a corner. there are so many holes on this team and I just don’t see them being competitive at all this coming year. They will be lucky to be .500 team whenever the next season starts.

99. By animal26 on Mar 18, 2011 | Reply

oh and Defensive tackles.*

100. By Ben Marx on Mar 20, 2011 | Reply

These are the guys that could be available for the Vikings at #12 who I would’nt mind. Acurmura, j.jones,Quinn,Mallett. Mallett the pure passer the Vikes need if they go q.b. They don’t need another athletic qb running around like Locker and Newton.Mallet the most accurate and best arm in the draft.

101. By wezo on Mar 25, 2011 | Reply

just because mayock thinks mallet & locker are good fits doesn’t mean they are.
    they both are overrated like most of the 2011 QB class is.
    Draft a wr or db at 12, who is versatile.
    Get a playmaker too help out Webb.
    Our O-line is a run first offense, remember Peterson set all types of records with this O-line,so by adding another playmaker will help the o-line out & get them back there confidence.

102. By Troy on Mar 27, 2011 | Reply

we do have a terrible secondary, besides the fact that griffen has battled knee injuries. and winfield is getting old anyway.
    1 amukamara
    2 qb (whethr its locker, dalton, or ponder)
    4 i wish we could address the OL earlier but what can ya do.

or!

1 trade away 12 to get into the 20’s and a third rounder. take pouncey with the 1st round so we can rebuild for peterson.
    2 a qb (dalton ponder locker etc)
    3 will quinton carter (FS) alabama i think , be around at this time?

103. By Troy on Mar 27, 2011 | Reply

i believe our 1st round choice all depends on who drops to us.

104. By Weewaysteds on Jun 18, 2011 | Reply

Australia, one of the highly developed countries, attracted by its mild climate and gentle in the same immigration laws. It opens doors for professionals with work experience and business people.

Immigration to Australia – it is an opportunity not only to live in a highly developed country, but also by passing the citizenship test after 4 years of residence and obtain citizenship, visa-free travel around the world.

Just as one of the economically developed and stable countries in the world, open to free immigration. In other words, almost anyone with education and experience may choose it as their place of residence. Principles and immigration laws are quite simple and clear – everyone can understand them by myself.

105. By unjumounnitus on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

The mood is much dependent on the amount of serotonin in the body . Part of it is produced
    brain , but at the same time , quite a large part produced by the intestines . For this
    reason, long- flowing bacteria overgrowth in itself leads to a deficiency in the body
    serotonin.Zenslim – Ayurvedic remedy for weight loss increases the levels of serotonin
    ( hormone of happiness) and reduces levels of cortisol ( stress hormone ), and thus reduces
    stress, improves mood and improves sleep.

106. By Ranae Wesly on Jul 15, 2012 | Reply

Ayurvedic remedies in my opinion is almost as effective as conventional treatments but without the nasty side effects of drugs. ,“;; Have a great day! dietary supplements webpage

2. Mar 10, 2011: Let The Mock (Draft) Madness Begin! | Vikings Stop Blog