We take a break from our 2011 Scouting Combine coverage to introduce and promote a new feature we’re going to have on vikings.com beginning this week. It’s a stadium-exclusive Q&A that will keep Vikings fans informed on the latest developments.
The stadium issue is one that’s been top of mind for the Vikings and their fans over the last several years and right now there’s a growing sense that progress is being made. Positive momentum has been building, but that doesn’t mean we should begin to care less. Now is the time to get informed and get active in the discussion.
Beginning this Wednesday and continuing throughout this Legislative session, vikings.com will provide an exclusive stadium Q&A feature that will allow Vikings fans to submit questions. Each week we’ll select questions and both Vikings VP of Public Affairs Lester Bagley and Vikings Assistant Director of Public Afffairs Jeff Anderson will answer those questions. This will be a great way to stay involved and stay informed in this discussion.
So, to submit a question for this new feature, you can do one of two things:
1) email your question to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. In this option, be sure to put STADIUM QUESTION in the subject line of the email so I know your inquiry is stadium-related and can be shuffled to Bagley/Anderson.
2) submit your question to the comments section below this entry.
Remember to include your name and town.
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 56 Comments »
The QB Collection began 2 weeks ago with 5 names of potential starting QBs for the Vikings in 2011 (and hopefully beyond) and has since grown to a list of 21 names. The latest update added 5 names to the mix and the complete list can be seen by clicking here.
The names added to the list on Monday were: Pat Devlin, Matt Hasselbeck, Shaun Hill, Brady Quinn and Adam Weber.
For those of you who are visiting the QB Collection for the first time, here’s a brief explanation of what we’re doing here. There are many names that will be mentioned in connection with the Vikings QB position this offseason, from draft-eligible players to potential free agents or trade acquisitions. In order to keep up with the speculation and stay up-to-date on the names, we’ve created The QB Collection, a page on vikings.com that contains a running list of names tied to the Vikings by NFL observers in the media and by fans who correspond with vikings.com.
The QBs will be listed in alphabetical order and this list will continue to grow as the NFL draft draws closer.
Do you have a name you’d like to add? Or do you have a comment/question about a name already on the list? If so, let us hear it by either posting your thoughts in the comments section below this entry or by sending in an email to me (email@example.com).
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 48 Comments »
We’re back in Minnesota, but the show in Indianapolis will go on. It’s Day 5 of the 2011 NFL Scouting Combine today as the defensive players take center stage at Lucas Oil Stadium. Here’s a quick schedule of events for the day…
– Groups 1-6 have departed Indianapolis.
– Group 7 (DL), Group 8 (DL) and Group 9 (LBs) will be on the field going through timing stations and skill drills. This is basically what you see on TV when you turn on NFL Network during the Combine. After their workouts, these groups will depart Indianapolis.
– Group 10 (DBs) and Group 11 (DBs) have an NFLPA meeting, psychological testing and interviews with teams. Tomorrow they’ll be on the field and then will depart Indianapolis.
We’re no longer live at the Combine, but our coverage of the event will continue through Tuesday. You can also go back and check out all of the great content we posted to vikings.com over the past several days by visiting the vikings.com Combine Central page.
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 1 Comment »