vikings.com Arrives In Indianapolis

Posted by Mike Wobschall on February 23, 2011 – 1:34 pm

The vikings.com team that consists of yours truly and videographer extraordinaire Jordan Struck has arrived in Indianapolis and we’re getting settled in to start bringing you non-stop and comprehensive coverage of the 2011 Scouting Combine from Lucas Oil Stadium.

Traveling from Minneapolis to Indianapolis on Delta Airlines was excellent and we arrived to our hotel, which is located just a few minutes walk from the stadium, right on schedule. Several Vikings personnel were on this morning’s flight, including special assistant to the head coach/LBs coach Mike Singletary, OL coach Jeff Davidson and assistant offensive line coach Ryan Silverfield, TEs coach Jimmie Johnson and a few others. The rest of the Vikings contingent has either already arrived or will be arriving over the next day or two.

Remember, not every player invited to the Combine arrives at the same time. The players are divided into their position groups and then those position groups come to the Combine on a staggered schedule. So that obviously impacts when certain assistant coaches arrive to do their work at the event.

I also spent quite a while visiting at the airport and in the cab ride to the hotel with former Vikings assistant coach Dean Dalton. A guy who spent a long time in the coaching profession, Dalton now takes his expertise to the air waves and is a host on Sirius NFL Radio. It’s chats with guys such as Dalton that really makes the Combine fun over the span of a few days. It’s routine to run into local and especially national football media members and it’s fun to get their opinions on certain matters.

That’s about it for now. Jordan and I are going to head to the stadium to film a quick segment and that will be made available to you for viewing in some form or another over then next 24 hours. We’ll have that and much, much more from the Combine so be sure to constantly check back to vikings.com and the vikings.com Blog for more.

Tags: , , ,

28 Responses to “vikings.com Arrives In Indianapolis”

1. By Chad on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

PLEASE keep an eye on the DB from UNC Kendric Burney. He is a spectacular special teams player and I think he could also help greatly with our secondary problems.

2. By Matt on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

please resign sidney rice and then get us some talent from the draft!

3. By Austin Pulczinski on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

I think that our secondary will be greatly improved already if and when we get Cedric Griffin healthy. But we still do need to look at a Safety.

4. By Frederick Jones on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

@Matt,

I agree, sign Sidney Rice. He looked good coming back from the hip injury.
    There aren’t many receivers in the NFL that compare with Rice.

5. By Frederick Jones on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

Goodell wants to “grow the pie.” He said the 18 game schedule is the best way to do it !

6. By Frederick Jones on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

Rodney Harrison, Ray Lewis, and Tom Brady would like to chuck those
    “GROWN PIES” at Goodell ! ! !

7. By Frederick Jones on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

And I think Goodell may have eaten WAY too much pie as it is !

8. By Frederick Jones on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

It’s just GREED. Even Goodell admitted this was the best season in NFL history.

But NOOOOO ! We have to dig down deep into the GOLDEN GOOSE.

We can’t wait until the eggs hatch.

Typical American business.

But this time it may ruin our #1 sport !

9. By rino on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

WHO WAS DRAFTED WITH GOOD ATHLETICISM, AND FOOTBALL SMARTS AND TERRIBLE ACCURACY AND BECAME ONE OF THE GREATEST QB IN NFL HISTORY? BRETT FARVE THEY WORK WITH HIS ACCURACY
    WHO HAS THE SIMILARITIES AS FARVE JAKE LOCKER VIKINGS DRAFT LOCKER

10. By Titus on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

Rino– you cannot explain life to some folks– they think they can understand life with their physical senses and that the present is an indicator of the future– when it is quite the opposite. Walt Disney was rejected by over 300 banks for a loan — for Disneyland. Gone with the Wind, one of the biggest novels and movies for decades was rejected by ( don’t have the exact # in my head) dozens and dozens of publishers— list goes on. Einstein was kicked out of school as a boy– told he was stupid. Winston Churchill stuttered and was laughed at— became one of the greatest orators in history, helping defeat facism under the Nazis– and the list is endless.

11. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

But Einstein consistantly underthrew his receivers!!!

12. By Shawn on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

lol thanx Nova

13. By Shawn on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

@Titus maybe those schools were right about Einstein … I mean who hasnt been taught I before E, seems he didnt learn

14. By Titus on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

waving my hand over my head

15. By viking joe on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

resign RICE!! and cedric Grffen

16. By Frederick Jones on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

Couldn’t the same be said about Tarvaris Jackson, and Joe Webb.

Just because you disagree, that doe not automatically mean you are right.

There is potential in these men. Get on board, or root for the Packers.

17. By Titus on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

Tavaris Jackson might be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever– How do we know?

18. By Shawn on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

lol we know … TJacksux sucks

19. By Titus on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I hope you have people around you that encourage and edify you– what sucks is when people believe they can label another human being as a failure.

20. By Parody on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

You’re being a bit too glib Titus. Can you honestly tell me that you never labeled Childress as a failure in much the same way as Shawn is labeling TJack a failure?

21. By Titus on Feb 24, 2011 | Reply

Glib? Seriously, Parody? No, I have never been remotely associated with such an attitude. Actually, in reference to Childress, I was one of the very few who stood up for him. So, yes, I can honestly tell you I am not a bit too glib– that could be very insulting– hope you know its meaning.

22. By chance on Feb 24, 2011 | Reply

I live in indiana. Was born a viking fan. I belive webb would be another farve if thy would give him a chance. Go Webb

23. By Shawn on Feb 24, 2011 | Reply

When a guy has shown he cant get the job done its time to move on , Im on a football blog and I could sit here and type out this long post about TJack having plenty of time to show his value and has never had more than a game he showed an ability to get the ball down the field he has made a few plays with his legs but Joe Webb in my opinion has shown to already have more poise than TJack …. blah blah blah

or I could just say TJacksux sucks , if hes a man what i say wont bother him remember a few days ago i was called a racists and didnt affect me at all could care less if some moron calls me racists because im not

so i would say if TJack doesnt suck he should prove it

24. By Shawn on Feb 24, 2011 | Reply

and another thing … If I like Joe Webb so much why would I spend all day promoting TJack sounds counter productive … TJack had his shot and Tjacksux

84 life BBM

25. By GOLDVIKE on Feb 24, 2011 | Reply

I ‘M FOR SMILING JOE WEBB. I UNDERSTAND A ROOKIE HAS TO LEARN BUT T-JACK HAS HAD 5 YEARS. GO WEBB!!!!!!!

26. By Titus on Feb 24, 2011 | Reply

I have consistently said T Jack should go— I have issue with calling people names and saying they suck. There is no place for that anywhere, any time , any place. I agree– he had his shot here, let him go elsewhere. But I do believe he could be a very good QB in the future.

27. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 24, 2011 | Reply

Webb just seems to have it. He seems like he really enjoys the game and he is more than willing to learn. He could develop into a extremly good Qb something Tjack could not.

2. Feb 23, 2011: vikings.com Arrives In Indianapolis | Vikings Stop Blog