Some NFL Draft-Related Thoughts

Posted by Mike Wobschall on February 8, 2011 – 11:15 am

With Super Bowl XLV (finally) complete and the 2010 NFL season officially in the books, it’s time to turn our focus exclusively toward the offseason. The two most significant talking points in the early part of the offseason are the 2011 NFL Draft and the on-going Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations.

The CBA issue is paramount because without a new agreement in place between the NFL and the NFLPA we won’t have any on-field or off-field football activities. We won’t get into the details of the CBA negotiations right now, but you can always check out our CBA FAQ page to get some basic questions answered.

Let’s talk about something much more fun and entertaining – the NFL draft. Here are a few notes to keep in mind in the early stages of pre-draft speculation…

– The Vikings hold the 12th overall pick in this year’s draft, we all know that by now. But the team also has 6 other picks in the draft – a 2nd, 4th, two 5ths, a 6th and a 7th. You’ll notice the lack of a 3rd-round pick – given up in Randy Moss trade – and the extra 5th-round pick – acquired in Darius Reynaud/Sage Rosenfels trade.

– The biggest question surrounding the Vikings is, what will they do with the #12 pick? Most fans and observers are expecting the Vikings to select a QB with that pick. But if the team’s preferred QB is not available by the time pick #12 comes around or if the team likes a QB but values that player as a later pick, there are several other alternatives. We’ll get into this in more detail as the draft approaches.

– I’ve stated many times both here on the blog and in the Monday Morning Mailbag that Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier has seemed committed to finding a young QB in this year’s draft. While that may be the generally preferred route to acquiring a QB, Frazier has also indicated that the team has not decided to use the draft as the exclusive means to finding a franchise-caliber QB. Appearing on Rosen’s Sports Sunday this past weekend, Frazier said: “We have some time between now and the draft to kind of look at some things from a free-agent standpoint and then we’ll look at some college players as well to try to make a determination: Is it better to draft a guy or is it better to maybe bring in a veteran guy to compete in training camp? We do not have our mind made up at all.”

Thanks to Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune for transcribing that quote. Zulgad transcribed Frazier’s entire interview with Rosen – check it out by clicking here.

– Once March rolls around we’ll begin our annual Mock Madness feature, where we track on a weekly basis several popular mock drafts. In the meantime, though, I thought it was notable that Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly has projected the Vikings taking Iowa DE Adrian Clayborn. This might come off as a surprise to many at first glance, but consider that both Ray Edwards and Brian Robison are free agents (assuming a new CBA is worked out) and you can see why DE might be the route the Vikings take.

– Speaking of DEs, NFL Network draft analyst and Vikings preseason TV game analyst Mike Mayock says the DE position may be the strongest in this year’s draft. He said on NFL Network’s Total Access that as many as 7 or 8 DEs could go in the 1st round. Click here to watch a video of Mayock breaking down his top 5 DEs.

– Lastly, just wanted to remind you that I’ll be heading to Indianapolis later this month to cover the NFL Scouting Combine. I’ll be there beginning on February 23 and will pass along as much information as possible to you. You can expect to hear from Frazier and Vikings VP of Player Personnel Rick Spielman at least one time a piece, and we’ll also try to catch up with as many NFL observers and draft-eligible players as possible.

Tags:

194 Responses to “Some NFL Draft-Related Thoughts”

1. By Kyler on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

ricky stanzi in the second nate solder in the first?

2. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Packers win another Super Bowl and the Queens still s#ck!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. By Rob on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Go get Kevin Kolb or Carson Palmer

4. By DRS on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

I got this in my E-Mail, There is a very good chance we’ll have a lockout or a work stoppage of some sort, which would begin on March 4 if there is no new CBA before then. There will not be replacement players, though. Thanks,Mike

5. By DRS on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

That was a response from V-Mail Bag

6. By DRS on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

cheeseheads get off our site or we will invade yours, BTW, I predict GB 2011-12 record 0-16 or 0-18, all depending on the CBA.

7. By Josh Brekke on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

focus on training webb and build a strong offensive line

8. By TW VIKE on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

frg

9. By DRS on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

No CBA, no play, no worries on who to draft, no worry on who to acquire in the free agency, or where to play, no replacements so no NFL football, rich striking the rich, how nice.

I am starting to think that the NFL fixes their games, saying who wins in advance of the year. How was it that the Bears call time out to put in the losing play to allow the GB Packers another pass to the SB? The GB Packers was the bookies choice so they are given a pass all the way to the SB win. It is amazing that the NFL can say at the start of the season who will win with amazing accuracy. Players suddenly cannot play, suddenly coaches cannot coach, on and on it goes.

10. By TW VIKE on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

I am sorry for green sh!t storm that followed me yesterday from the Pack site. Some of those guys were rubbing it in way to hard. If anything I said or did offended you guys, Im sorry. Sometimes enough is enough. TW43yrs aVIKE

11. By DRS on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

With all that said I do hope the Vikings get an O-Line, then a QB in the later rounds.

12. By DRS on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Well I got to go, have a great day.

13. By panfishgirl on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Yes, Cheesehead, the Pack did a good job. Too bad the Packer fans are such a–holes though.

14. By CaribooBill on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings traded.

15. By CaribooBill on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Jayme Mitch*ell to Cleveland on October 5. Its on the list of transactions for 2010. As I recall, we got a 3rd round pick for him. What happened to that pick??????? This site is so frustrating, I can’t even put in a players name without worry.

16. By vikes8428 on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

i say get either soder or clayborn in the first and in the second pick up kellen the qb from boise st

17. By Mike Wobschall on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

I think the Vikings get a 6th-round pick in 2012 for the Jayme Mitchell trade.

18. By Carl K on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

DRS- only in the event of a lockout by the owners will there be no games (no replacements). Because of the hundreds of free agent players, a lock out by the owners is the most serious threat to those FA players. As fans all we can do is hope the owners will do “right by the fans” and declare an impasse. If the owners on March 4th declare an impasse, it will force the players to strike/walkout. Then the owners willl be able to use replacement players.

19. By Mike on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Havent we done the veteran qb route since 1993 since we acquired jim mcmahon? get some youth. with the exception of culpepper, that has been the vikes the past 18 years.

20. By Carl K on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Well player solidarity be an issue? DeMaurice Smith is new to the NFL PA leadership and will say he has not impressed me much? If you were a player how long would you stand behind this guy?

DRS- give Mike Wobs. a brake. He works for the Vikings, and the threat of a lockout is the strongest card the owners can play right now.

21. By Justin F on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

The Packers found Rodgers as their franchise QB. The Lions with Stafford, and thr Bears with Cutler. I find it deeply disturbing the Vikings hasnt had a franchise QB since, what Culpepper? I may be wrong on that, but my point is its TIME to find that QB we can center our team around so that we can compete with the Lion, Packers, and Bears.

22. By Carl K on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

We have 24 days to hope the player’s solidarity starts to wiggle… and that they accept the truck load of money the owners are willing to give them.

We can also hope that in the final hour, the owners will have a heart and declare and impasse.

If not.. then the UFL is the next best thing.

23. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn,

Did you read Mike Wobschall’s 2nd paragraph?

24. By Ray Tinjum on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Comment: Let’s give Webb a real shot. If Jackson isn’t the man, offer to trade him. Most of our problems revolve around coaching; the offense is too predictable. I can tell every time Peterson is going to carry, and so can the defense…Mix it up. Throw until the loosen up!!! We are close to a super bowl team. Coaching is the best answer.Have guys ready to play, or get rid of them.
    they are professionals for heaven sakes….Attitude wins; chemistry wins.
    Sure use the draft to get the best players available…But coaching is the
    thing we need most…

25. By zack on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

please draft ryan mallet in the first and rahim moore in the second and a soled 4th round oline

26. By AndrewS on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

So no one has any faith in Webb…Really? Trust me he is the future of the Vikes. As for the Draft…Com’on ppl try to say that you think we’ve had a solid secondary for the past decade…Yeah scoop up CB’s and Safties! “hope’n that Cook isnt the bust that he’s Been so far”

27. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

@Fred I did read the second paragraph … he is talking about team / player activities aka free agency , trades, players coming in for therapy.

Stop being STUPID …. THE CBA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GETTING A STADIUM PROPOSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike Wobs is assuming we have the intelligence to understand what football activities are … and he is most like ignoring the stadium talk because he works for the team and wouldnt create a negative uproar regarding the organization.

Fred I have agreed with you in theory on other issues like the O Line however you are 100% wrong about not getting a stadium proposal until after the CBA is agreed upon. And all I ask is you stop avoiding the facts because we as fans are in DANGER of losing Minnesota Viking footb’all

The argument of more to life than footb’all should be on a differant forum BECAUSE THIS FORUM IS FOR FOOTBA’LL AND VIKING FANS

28. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

10 months left

29. By rod on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

I think this cba will get handled quickly, there is too much money on the field for the players not to get this done. Enough is enough when it comes to these paychecks, and a bunch of money is better than none, so they will settle,, the nfl will tame down these contracts, and the world will turn again. So viking front office….nose to the grindstone, this has to be the best draft in vikings history or enjoy 6 and 10 again.
    travis iowa city

30. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

@Fred you are clearly missing the point of the CBA if there is no CBA than the players are not to have contact with the organization PERIOD.

The organization is business as usual the CBA has nothing to do with coaches or stadiums … IT ONLY PREVENTS THE PLAYERS FROM INTERACTING WITH THE ORGANIZATION.

CANT BELIEVE IM WASTING MY TIME EXPLAINING SUCH SIMPLICITY TO YOU

31. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

The CBA does NOT effect Coaches

The CBA does NOT effect college players

The CBA does NOT effect the draft

The CBA does NOT effect scouting

THE CBA DOES NOT EFFECT MINNESOTA GETTING A STADIUM PROPOSAL AND SECURING FINANCING !!!!!

Mike Wobs is aware these could be considered football activities but they have nothing to do with the CBA

32. By animal26 on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Webb really didn’t show anything to indicate to us he is the future. For the life of me, I don’t really know who the vikings draft at qb, because most of these QB in this years draft look very overrated.

33. By Carl K on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

@AndrewS- I am a Big Joe Webb fan. I have stated in the past that if the Vikings draft a rookie QB, he will have a hard time beating out Joe Webb. I hope Joe gets the opportunity to compete for the starting QB job… I think he earned the right to atleast prove he “is” or “is not” a QB.

With that said you can’t put all your eggs in the Joe Webb basket. The Vikings will look to draft a QB for sure. The question is if the Vikings draft a QB with the 12th pick, will they allow Webb to compete for the job? Or will they move Webb to WR?

34. By TJ Vike on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

I like Joe Webb and the Vikings should at least give him an opportunity to be a starter. That being said, the Vikes should try to pick up a seasoned veteran (on the cheap). Carson Palmer, Matt Hassleback, or some other experienced QB should be available. The risk to reward factor for a mid-first round QB has historically been poor. It would be wise for Rick Spielman and Leslie Fraser to look in the later rounds for strong potential.

I think the Vikings will draft value in the first round which favors DEs. Don’t rule out a solid DT to eventually succeed the aging “Williams Wall”.

35. By rod on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

I just hope it doesn’t turn to race…draft a white qb and think he has to be the guy….yeah I said it, make sure webb gets his fair chance

36. By rod on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Here is a thought to kick around, Do we really need to resign sidney rice…keep in mind the guy did nothing before brett favre, is he worth the really big contract he will expect? I don’t know maybe its just me.. I can’t even get him to perform on madden

37. By Carl K on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

If Gabbert or Mallet are already off the board at the 12th pick… I would call the Patriots ( they have 2-2nd round picks and 2-3rd round picks) and I would trade back to the 28th pick in the first round. With that pick I would select Mike Pouncey or the best OL available. The Vikings should hopefully get one of the Patriots 2nd round picks. (maybe #33 top of the secound round- to select a QB like Locker if he falls or Ponder or Devlin) then we have our 2nd round pick to go DB.

38. By Troy on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Please don’t draft Cam, anyone but him, if I hear one more expert talk about the upside or great potential I am going to be sick. We here this every year and there almost always a bust. Let someone else chance the Hiesman curse when it comes to quarterbacks. I agree we need a quarterback but not Cam

39. By Troy on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

If we can’t get Gabbert or Mallet or trade up maybe with Clevland, trade down and get as many picks as we can. We have alot of needs. I would not resign Sidney, release all the secondary except Windfield. Resign Greenway.

40. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Kevin and Pat ( if resigned ) Williams will miss first 4 games ….

41. By BEARDOWNERS on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Go Bears…Go Vikes…F the Pack

42. By mike anderson on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

GIVE WEBB A CHANCE AND A DECENT OLINE

43. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn,

Mike W. said “we won’t have any on-field or off-field activities.”

Now what does that mean to you?

44. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I think you are one of those guys who just can’t admit to losing an argument.

45. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

It’s a little like the argument that they drafted Joe Webb as a WR.

Not true, the first listing for him was for QB. Now they may have said they projected him as a WR, but the last two years he was in college, he played QB.

If you don’t believe me, look at his Wiki or his statistics.

I hate it when I am right, and the other person will not admit it.

46. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn,

If the CBA doesn’t govern NFL activities, pray tell, what does?

47. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn,

My argument IS NOT that there isn’t a threat of the Vikings moving. But that the CBA will slow down the progress of a move.

48. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn,

Mike W. said “we won’t have any on-field or off-field activities.”

Now what does that mean to you?

OK Fred … live in dumbville if you want according to YOU AND ONLY YOU there will be no scouting , no draft, and no stadium talks until a CBA is reached BECAUSE THOSE ARE FOOTBALL ACTIVITIES

I tried to communicate with you but you must live in a dream world , o well

49. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

there is no slow down on a MINNESOTA Viking move the DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 31 …. nothing will change the DEADLINE

10 months

50. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Okay…according to Scripps News Service….there are parties ready to move but cannot do so until a CBA is cemented with the NFL players union.

I wasn’t even aware this was said, but it further proves my point.

I even looked up Collective Bargaining Agreement on the Web.

It has everything to do with stadiums, in addition to players, coaches, owners, and fans.

Good luck proving me wrong !

51. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Is there a more important thing going on in the NFL than the CBA?

Think global, not local !

52. By paul on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

You guys better draft some d-tackles, your going to need a couple to start the season.

53. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I never said there would not be a draft!!!

When did I say or imply that????????????????????

54. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn,

All I am saying, and have been saying, is that the CBA is a HUGE factor in settling on a stadium or a move.

How can you say it’s not a huge factor?

55. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

the deadline is December 31 … 10 months

56. By Carl K on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn and Fredrick – A lockout means no games, no trades, no free agent signings, and no organize practices… I don’t think it prohibits a team from moving. But why move if you can’t play?

A lockout will NOT make it any easier for the Minnesota legislature to get a new stadium deal done.

57. By Ryan on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

I think it’s time to drop the “best player available” draft strategy lets for once go for needs.

58. By Remember Met Stadium on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

I agree Josh. The best QB in the world isnt going to do much without an O line. Most of the sacks given up last year came around McDummy. And how many times does the center have to snap the ball over the QBs head before they fix the problem. Loadholt would be much better if he had a decent guard next to him. Fix the O line FIRST. Then worry about a QB. Give Webb the reins next year and see what he can do while you work on the line and the secondary. If he shows that he cant handle it, draft a QB NEXT year.

59. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Draft a new LT maybe Nate Solder or Anthony C. the Italian from Boston College in the first. Ponder or Devlin or Stanzi in the second. The secondary help with the 4th and 2 5ths. Then oline compettion with the 6th and 7th.

60. By Voltaire on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

the answer to the vikings problems are as follows. trade for caleb haine of the chicago bears; he exhibited extraordinary intelligence and relaxation in the pocket, not to mention a strong arm. secondly, draft new offensive linemen since they’re the whole reason why favre didn’t have a killer year. you can’t be expected to throw well if you get less than two seconds to do so.

61. By Titus on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I have always enjoyed your posts and our banter– but please, show some respect– no need to call people dumb or stupid– that only reflects on your own character. Not cool.

62. By SoCalVike on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Get UCLA safety R. Moore,we need a stud on the back end like Joey Browner!

63. By Rick on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COMMON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

64. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

@Titus … I like you , even though at times we are on opposite sides of the world, I dont think Ive ever said you are dumb or stupid … I might have but i dont think so, my recent argument has been with Fred over the MINNESOTA Vikings and whether the CBA has anything to do with the stadium proposal / financing

My LOVE for the MINNESOTA Vikings is GREAT and the thought of loosing them scares me … to have you tell me on the MINNESOTA Viking ( football ) website theres more to life … I FIND OFFENSIVE …yes that statement is true, however I cant see watching football or caring about a sport Ive played and spent money on my whole life without THE MINNESOTA Vikings

65. By Titus on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I know where the comments were directed– Fred is one of my favorite bloggers– so I guess I stand up for my friends– and since you are a blog friend too, I kept my comments civil- I did not mean to offend you or anyone on the more than football comment, but rather to calm everyone down– I was just trying to maintain some perspective on the Vikings in relation to life—
    Do not get me wrong, if they left, I would be sick about it– my dad, who is long gone, was friends with some of the original owners and I went to the Old Met with him. I went to college near Cincy and was a Bengal fan (Vikings always first team, though) and I was in shock when the Browns moved– shock– they were a part of Cleveland and I could not believe it. So, we could lose the Vikes– it is possible, but I also think Dayton and the whole state govt would be tarred and feathered if it happens– I believe there is a 20% chance the Vikes will leave– I doubt they go, but it is possible.

66. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

BTW Titus … I have never postes as you, I have posted as Be Insane and Stupid but never YOU

67. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

Okay, I guess I understand where you are coming from, and I went a little overboard protecting myself.

I just had a big argument with my brother, and was beginning to think…am I ever right about anything?

I also would be crushed if the Vikings left, and certainly it is possible. But if FOOLS want to take our team, I’m not sure there is anything we can do about it.

68. By Frederick Jones on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

Thank you for your support. I hate to lose arguments and get carried away sometimes. I also consider you one of my favorite bloggers. I also enjoyed Fire Childress. Is he using another name?

69. By Parody on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Now when is the last time anyone was tarred and feathered? Or even run out of town on a rail for that matter? Maybe that’s why things look so bleak nowadays; it’s because we no longer have the threat of those types of consequences to anyone anymore….

70. By Parody on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

@Fred – I remember Fire Childress telling us that he changed his name after the deed was done….but I can’t remember what it was.

71. By Ricefield on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Since we’re talking about stadiums. The last I heard, the Metrodome won’t be ready for the start of the season.

Has there been any more news about that?

I know we need a need stadium but even if we had a proposal and started building tomorrow it would probably be 2012-2013 before its ready to play in.

So right now my concern is the stadium we have.

72. By Shawn on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

This is the latest ive seen on the stadium ….

73. By knight123 on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

That was a good superbowl game to watch, I was entertained. There was a
    post that said the Packers didn’t need a running game but it seemed to me that they ran for more than a few first downs, no dought set up by a good passing
    attack. another thing that stuck out was that the running backs on both teams
    picked up the outside rush and inside blitze well so there were more than five
    linemen blocking most of time. I saw some really excellent recievers on both
    teams that were vitually unstoppable no matter how good the defensive back
    was. The kicking team coverage was excellent for both teams and it was refreshing to see that every return yard was hard fought for by the returners.
    Without the turnovers I’m not sure how the game would have turned out, what
    more can you ask for. These comments are supposed to be about our draft,
    as a viking fan I can only hope that after the draft I can see a team assembled
    and coached as well as those two teams were.

74. By bubbs on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Draft a secondary corner and a safety or five. Offensive line is less about talent and more about technique and physical size–we have that; coach them better.

A greater secondary = better blitzes.

As far as the quarterback goes– there is not one QB that I like in the first round. However next year there are at least four really solid prospects. So let webb have it, or tell greenbay to give us mattt flynn.

75. By Parody on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

They always seem to say that “next year’s draft looks so much better than this year’s”. It’s been going on for a while now. QBs look like good prospects a year away, and the closer they get to draft day, the less confidence that people have in their abilities. Maybe that’s why we haven’t gotten a franchise QB in over a decade now. We can sit and wait for the perfect guy to come along, or we can put some good coaching and confidence in the guys that are available now, and turn them into the perfect guy. Personally, I prefer the second choice.

And Flynn? Are you serious? Green Bay was so much worse with him behind center, and they almost lost their shot at the playoffs because of it. They were lucky that Rodgers didn’t get his head rattled again in the playoffs, or they would have fallen apart in a heart beat. I’d be surprised if the Packers don’t try to draft a better backup this year before the end of the 3rd round.

76. By Mark Seaton on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Get Favre back… one more year, one more do or die and a good transitional year to a young QB.

(prepares for flaming)

77. By The Truth on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Vince Young please – and Draft a Safety or player like Patrick Peterson to help out that secondary. Or, trade the 12th pick, and get 2 more picks, and get a CENTER and Defensive player

78. By gman#1 on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Vikings need to see bout Sage Rosenfels, aquiring him back from Giants.

79. By Frederick Jones on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

bubbs,

I agree on giving Webb a chance. However, good offensive linemen are not built in training camp. They have to have skills as well as other positions. The best offensive linemen are more than just big. They are quick, and can move their feet. They are strong, and have great balance. Etc., etc.

Coaches are only as good as the talent on the team.

80. By jvernon on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Draft a o-line like a RT and get a new center and RG. QB situation egt a vet to mentor Webb like McNabb,Young,Palmer not(Kolb or Leinart). The key signs for the Vikings are Rice,Greenway,Pat,Longwell,Edwards. For AP he needs a great blocking line and FB, cause he should average 1,500 yards a year easy. In the NFL FA we should get Nnamdi or C. Bailey and move Winfield to S. Also, avaivable is WRs like R. Moss,S.Moss,TO,S Holmes,B.Edwards so if we are aggresvive GB will be in 2nd place again.

81. By TW VIKE on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Does Brady Quinn still play? Just curious

82. By Parody on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Our OLine has plenty of potential yet. Don’t forget that in 2009, two of them had been selected to the Probowl while the rookie was considered top-ten quality in a hindsight mock-draft.

That makes the argument about coaching very valid. With proper coaching these guys still have the potential to be acknowledged among the top of the league again. But it wouldn’t hurt to get one young stud in there to push the rest to improve and give us a solid option for the future.

83. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Packers rule, queens fans can only drool. Go fix the roof, oh yea, your teams moving. nevermind losers, that means you DRS

84. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

sources tell ESPN the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission is considering whether Minnesota’s 2011 season can be played outdoors at TCF Bank Stadium.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-12/wild-nfl-weather/story/will-the-vikings-move-outside-for-all-of-2011#ixzz1DU6YWSK4

85. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Go play in the chipmunk stadium you loser wanna-bes. Ha-haaaaa.

86. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Sounds like the Vikings may be playing outdoors in 2011.

87. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

No stadium no QB no O-line no defense noway team doesn’t move to LA

88. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

What’s wrong DRS, nothin’ to say loser.

89. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheadsrule, congratulations to you and your packers, BTW, How is your mother? I hear the packers miss her nightly visits.

90. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Now get off site befor someone finds you in an ally allone some day, you f@g.

91. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

4 game suspension for the Williams’, #4 still your best QB youre gonna s#@k for a long time b$&ch

92. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I do not care what F@Gs say, now go home to your mommy, she needs some loving.

93. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

So-Long By cheeseheadsrule

94. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

GB 2011-12 record 0-16

95. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

DRS Man, I thought Bear fans were crybabies but you cry like a queen, queenie. You got something on the corner of your mouth, saving it for later?

96. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Favre texted a thumbs up to the Packers after SB win, at least I hope that was his thumb.

97. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Dayton “wants to make sure that whatever comes to him for his support is what he calls a ‘people’s stadium,’ which I would say would not be looked at as a public subsidy in that the benefits to the public would be greater than the amount of tax dollars that go into it,” Mondale said.

98. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

cheeseheadsrule U R really Funny, now go home to your mommy, she needs U.

99. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings confirm that they’re looking at the Metrodome site and the former ammunition plant in Arden Hills. They won’t divulge the other two sites. But it’s likely they’re the area west of Target Field on Interstate 94 in downtown Minneapolis, and Target Corp. acreage in Brooklyn Park near Hwys. 610 and 169.

100. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

The Metrodome is “the most cost-efficient site,” said Lester Bagley, the Vikings’ vice president of public affairs and stadium development. “But there are other factors that come into play to sort out the ideal site.”

The Vikings will have to play @ TCF Field if they go with the Metrodome site. Why repair the roof if they are going to tear down the dome?

101. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

The northern Ramsey County city offers 430 vacant acres on a former site of an Army ammunitions manufacturing plant. A stadium could be built near the junction of Interstate 35W and Hwy. 10; those highways and nearby Interstate 694 make it easy to reach.

Acquiring the property shouldn’t be complicated — the only owner is the federal government — and it’s expected to be put up for auction this year. There’s more than enough land for parking, tailgating and other development that the Wilfs might want to pursue.

102. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I like the ideal of the Arden Hills site, sounds like what the old metropolitan stadium was like.

103. By LAVikes on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

We are starting construction of a new stadium soon here in LA. Looks like the queens will follow the Lakers. c u n LA suckers.

104. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Doesn’t matter where they play, they’ll still s#$k.

105. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Regardless of the weather they saw Monday night, the Vikings felt right at home, and if stadium issues force them to use the Gophers’ stadium in the future, they wouldn’t mind one bit.

106. By packerfanfirst on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Packers win SB XLV!!!!!!!!!! Maybe next year Viqueens fans.

107. By DRS on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Don’t worry LAVikes, you and all of California will be under the sea soon, just a matter of time. So you should move to GB to keep company with cheeseheadsrule.

Good day to one and all. Will blog later, got to go, bye.

108. By 4thememories on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I think we should get Favre back and make one more run at the SB and show the Packers once and for all.

109. By moorevikes on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

cheese is about 8yrs old leave the little girl alone. i mean really.”gb rules vikes drool.” d-ouche bag. before you ask cheese just go ask your mommy what it is. p-eckerfanfirst, thanks for the update genius. we all though the lions won. i guess this is the kind of wit you get from in-bred wisconsinites. no offense to wis. residents who are vike fans.

110. By dylan roberts on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

please get ryan mallet

111. By Ben on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I know we need a quarterback but wasting a 1st round pick on one is not the answer, say we draft Nate Solder in the 1st this guy is huge and would be opening holes for Peterson. Secondly say we either sign VY or we trade for Kyle Orton, I don’t know bout you guys but I think Kyle Orton could be really good in Minnesota. In the Second round draft either a safety or a cornerback!!

112. By packerfanfirst on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

@MooreQueen Is that like mary tyler moore queen fan? F@#k you losers!!!!!! You need to get a whole team oh wait thats right, your team is going to LA. I’d get out of Minniescrotum if I had the chance too.

113. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Minniescrotum ViQueens there ya go,
    BALOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSERSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

114. By Titus on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheads– I feel sorry for you guys. Now that football is over, you don’t have a clue what to do, do you? Bring your tourist dollars to Minneapolis and spend some time in a real city.

115. By packerfanfirst on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Maybe you vikes wanna make a deal for Matt Flynn? HA-HA

116. By Titus on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

No, wait. On second thought, stay where you are– I don’t want you on our highways.

117. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Titus no self respecting cheesehead would ever vacation in MinnieWanna-be land, dumba$$

118. By moorevikes on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

boy that was a nice one p-eckerpufferfirst. mary tyler moore? really? well we know you’re not a child. my guess is a very lonely 55yr old. you know what man you go ahead and keep trolling, you obviously need it to get through the day. otherwise you’d probably go off yourself. i mean to be honest if i lived in wis. and had only my dog on those cold lonely nights i’d probably think about it as well.

119. By Titus on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Yes, I think they have nothing better to do– I drove through Green Bay once to Door County– I cannot imagine being in that area 365 days a year.

120. By Lancethecanuck on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I think if we to pick a franchise QB it needs to be in the top 5 spots of the 1st round. I mean there is many “good” QB’s in this years draft that you can choose at 12th but I wouldn’t think any that are left could be used with a franchise tag. Either we trade up and grab Cam Newton. Make him our QB of the future or we grab a veteren such as Carson Palmer maybe even hasselbeck and then pick up a good QB like dalton in the 2nd round. We have the 12th pick in the 2nd round and thats a good pick for a deceant QB to farm under a Vet player. Fill a greater need with our 1st pick. It should be in our secondary, or our O-Line.

Although I have no issue with webb. I still would like to see him try WR as we did pick him in the 7th for that position. He is super athletic and fast and has a good height. I bet with his running skills and the way he carries the ball. He would make a great WR.

121. By Rocksalt on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

In the draft that Geen Bay took Aaon Rodgers at #24, we took the following useless players ahead of him:
    Troy Williamson, the speedy WR who could not catch a ball
    Erasmus James, more like erasumus be dragging…….

122. By Justin F on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Fans like the cheeseheads in this blog gives a typical Packer fan a bad image. I bet cheseheadsrules is just a middle school kid who is probably a bully in real life.

123. By Ryan on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I guess I’ll go with the mock draft and say we will probably get cam newton at #12 or maybe solder, not a fan of newton. I have a feeling it is a qb in the first round this year I can say it is a almost guarantee.

124. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

The Tikes have NO FUTURE!! Period. Favre’s gone. Childress is gone. Your hopes are gone!! Who’s gonna replace Favre?? Oh, you don’t know. I bet who ever it is will suck. Ahhh, how sweet it is to be Champions. Maybe one day you guys will have that feeling to, but I doubt it. Favre was your only hope. I guess if you wanna be champs, your gonna more need hand-me-downs, like Favre! Right now all you have is Peterson. And he can’t carry the team on his weak shoulders!! Just like your stadium, your season collapsed, and will next season.

125. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

And another thing. I find it funny that there’s so many posts on here. What is there to talk about amongst you losers? You guys suck!! And where’s that BEARDROWNER guy at? Don’t get mad cause we won. You’re just upset at the fact that we beat you to get into the playoffs, then beat you to get to the SUPERBOWL!! And to say that the bears and tikes rule, and we suck, wow, all that cryin’s makin you dellusional. I guess when you’re the best, people will hate. Tisk, tisk, too bad. SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS: GREEN BAY PACKERS.

126. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I wonder why they haven’t shut this site down here? I mean, you useless fans need a real team to root for. I’d rather dress in justin F’s moms dress, tie a belt around my neck and hang myself. You’re gonna be the laughin’ stock of the NFC and NFL for years to come. While we’re winning more Championships, you’ll be tryin to find your “Franchise” QB. Let me know how that works out for ya. By the time you do find one though, the team will have already moved.

127. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Let’s hear for those Vikings heh!!! Hmmm, why so quite. Oh ya , you suck, that’s right.

128. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, vikings, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, suck, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, PACKERS, blah, blah, blah, blah, SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

129. By Arnie Kuhn on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I heard that the group building a new stadium in LA are going to pay a big chunk of it by selling the naming rights. Why isn’t this being discussed for the Viking stadddium??????????????

130. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….blah,……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………blah,………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..GO.PACKERS!!……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….SUPERBOWLCHAMPS……………………………………………………………………………..

131. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Cause Arnie, Nobody likes your team or city!!!

132. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Sorry I’m a waste of flesh my mother should of popped my head back up her vag I know the fudge packers won’t repeat. I am not a true fan of any team I just like teams that win the sb. Sorry please excuse my stupidity its in my family genes.

133. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I hate myself that is why I go on the vikings blog and release my pms please excuse my behavior I forgot to take my anti depressant pills. I’m going to sleep with my aaron rodgers blow up doll again sorry vikings fans I know your team can whoop on my fudge packers any given sunday.

134. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I got PMS from bein’ around vikings fans. Man, you guys menstrate ALOT!!

135. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

That happens when you root for losers I guess.

136. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I’m sneaking on the computer guys my mom doesn’t know I don’t want to be spanked by a wooden spoon so I’m going to make this quick.

137. By Carl Brodin on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Trade Mckinnie for a 2nd& or 3rd round picks. Trade down to Jags spot at #16 and get a 2nd or 3rd pick. I believe the Vikes will take there QB in the 2nd round. They should take Pouncey with the Jags 1st round pick. Then also with the Jags 2nd 2nd round pick take another offensive lineman. Let Herrara go and keep Hutchinson. With the 3rd round pick take a ball hawking Safety.

138. By Shawn on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

McNabb and Randy Moss for 2011

1st round OT / DE
    2nd round QB / OT / S
    4th round QB / WR / S
    5th / 6th / 7th best available OLB / DE / OL / DB

139. By Shawn on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

RANDY MOSS

DONAVAN MCNABB

CHAMP BAILEY

WE WILL BEAT THE PACK

140. By lancethecanuck on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

what about Alex Smith? and pick up a deceant QB in the second round?

141. By paul on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Repeat in 2011

142. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Hey 13timeworldchampions when are you, cheeseheadsrule, packerfanfirst coming over? Who would of thought that on a Viking web site I could find three g@y guys that would be attracted to a herm-aphrodite and we’re all Packer fans. That is so awesome.

143. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Hey Paul, I know we are uneducated in Wis. but to repeat in 2011 there would need to be two Super Bowls in 2011. If we’re going to repeat the next would have to be in 2012. Just one d-umba-ss Packer fan looking out for another.

144. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

My Dad used to touch me.

145. By 13timeworld champs on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

You too Cali. My parents sold me into all male p-rostitution.

146. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

We have so much in common guys no wonder we found each other.

147. By packerfanfirst on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Which one of you has my hampster Lemiwinks?

148. By Cali on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

We are winners. I meant to say the team we chose to like for this year won. Us, personally, we haven’t won anything. We should be ashamed of ourselves (cheese, packerfan, 13, paul). Because , in life, we are losers. Haven’t amounted to anything so we come on here to gain some kind of satisfaction in our lives.

149. By Ricefield on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I would just like to thank TWVikes for bringing the Packer fans onto the Vikings site. It’s really awesome reading them go off like they were the one catching interceptions or causing fumbles. I had no idea Aaron Rodgers had so many screen names. I mean, it has to be him right?

It can’t be fans. They didn’t do anything but drink beer lick brat grease out of their mother’s belly button. So these have to be players, because the way they go on they must have actually played the game.

150. By corey on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Yall still need to remember the free agent corners are going to be good with eather antinio cromartie or revis dought revis champ baliey nnasamdi aughumagha. Then in tha draft u got patrick and prince I belive in joe webb and I think he can be the next big ben with 2 super bowl rings and the next vince young with a better arm and desisions

151. By kong on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

give Joe Webb a chance, grab a Veteran QB at Free Agency for Insurance to backup and see if Joe Webb can be built to be our future QB. and then go get Randy Moss back, maybe Santanio Holmes or Larry Fitzgerald.

Grab some good safeties in the draft and a couple OL or just trade our 12th pick with the patriots 2nd round and the two 3rd round pick along with a 7th round pick that would give us more dept in the draft and more options

152. By bubbs on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

After looking over some things, if we’re not taking a corner at 12 I think Mike Pouncey would be a great idea. His twin brother played very well for the steelers.

153. By caydon on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

QB’s!!!!!!!!!!

154. By BJ on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

1st thing the Vikes should do is get the 350 NT Rogers released from the Browns to replace Pat Williams. 2nd resign TJ he’s a veteran QB and Chilli wasn’t good for him as far as building his confidence, Chilli wanted to pull Farve who know’s the offensive system better than him so what do you think TJ was going through dealing with that not to mention bringing in Favre when he thought he was going to start and was lookin good and the 2nd year begged Favre to come back. Joe Webb is a young impressive qb so Y would we get another qb in the draft. I would wait for the Skins to let Mcnabb go who wanted to come to the Vikes last year and get him. the 1st round of the draft get an Offensive lineman, 2nd safety, 3rd Chilli gave away, 4th WR, 5th DE.

155. By Alfredo on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

Did we not just sign Rhett Bomar? a perfectly GOOD quarterback. so you have two very young, very capable quarterbacks on the roster. I think our efforts shoud be directed at other needs.

156. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

Jealousy can be so ugly.

BALLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOSSSSEEERRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

157. By BJ on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

Vikes can get Santonio Holmes as the other WR opposite of Sidney Rice and with getting an OL in the1st round draft our offense should be very productive, with AP, Shaincoe, Rice, & Harvin. If we get Holmes and 1st round OL then load up the rest of draft on defense. QB’s we should wait for the Skins to let McNabb go who wanted to play with the Vikes unlike Favre who got begged back, I personally think the Vikes wanted to win with him but he would bring in money is the real big reason they went back to Farv, if not McNabb another vet free agent QB. Keep TJ a relatively young vet who dealt with poor coaching and if Chilli would pull Favre from a game how much pressure or lead way did you think TJ had? Too much negative pressure!! let Webb learn for another year or so and let the young QB do his thing, so drafting a QB in the draft isn’t promising anything ask Ryan Leaf. Webb proved he can play at this level but need some fine tuning with the improved coaching staff and the players respecting the coaching staff I expect a strong run to the Super Bowl.

158. By LAVikes on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

NFL.com reports the humpty dump needs a new roof. I don’t see that happening. Vikes move to LA.

159. By LAVikes on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

Oh yea, bye-bye Minniescrotum

160. By Favreslittleviking on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

161. By Cali on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

cheesheadsrule, their jelous of all those championships, including our new one. Now they disguise themselves usin our name to talk smack.. These guys are obssesed with there daddys touching them, while mommy watches. PACKER FAN FOR LIFE!! Have been, always will be.

162. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

@Hey Cali Two kinds of people in the world, Packer fans and wanna-bes and queen fans are definite wanna-bes. The way they treat their team, they won’t have one much longer. LA ViQueens is their future.

163. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

@favreslittleviking That’s good stuff, man. Doesn’t pay to mess with the Packer Nation!!!

164. By Justin F on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

OMFG, Cali you are one immature human being. If you had any respect whatsoever, you’d grow up to be a adult. How old are you exactly? 15?

And again, I reiterate guys like you give Packer fans a bad reputation.

165. By Justin F on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

“WHY did the Packers get rid of me?? I was forced to go to new york, where i gots in trouble. then they shipped me to this god forsaken place called minnisota to play for these sorry fans and this sorry team. Just when I was gonna retire, childress sent those three half wits to come drag me outs my home to play. I didn’t wanna play, they made me. Now my reputation is tarnished. I shoulda retired a PACKER, not a queen. WHYYYYY, oh lord WHYYY!!!!!!! I wanna be a champ, not a chump, boo hoo. ”

So explain to me the 2009-2010 Viking season? The biggest season that Favre ever had. You absolutely make yourself a idiot just by your post here, Favreslittleviking.

166. By Frederick Jones on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

Very few of the blog writers have a clue as to what “real coaching” is !

Of course I realize these guys that talk about what bad coaches we had last year are just trying to pick a fight.

The facts are that “nobody wins without talent.”

Just try winning a relay race with the shot putters as your team.
    That’s what it is like to “coach without talent.”

167. By Frederick Jones on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

You’re probably thinking, “Why is fred talking about no coach being able to win without talent?” I mean what does that have to do with anything???

SEE NEXT BLOG ! ! !

168. By Frederick Jones on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

COACHING AND TEACHING:

It’s not what you think ! ! !

You MUST have talent to win.

I estimate that 90% of America does not understand this simple statement.

169. By Frederick Jones on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

If the talent won’t work, you may have to get new talent. Sometimes coaches or teachers do not have that as an option.

THEN what do you do?

It can be like trying to argue with a pig in a mud hole. You both get dirty, but the pig LIKES IT.

170. By Jed on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

Go get Cam Newton, cross between Mike Vick and Big Ben, in the draft; he is the franchise QB we are looking for…

171. By Ricefield on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

I almost slept with a Packer fan. You wanna know how I know?

It’s because her P U S S Y smelled like limburger and her teeth were the color of cheddar.

Come to think of it, I think her name was Cali.

172. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

BALLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEEEERRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stupid horn isn’t the only thing that blows in minnie

173. By cheeseheadsrule on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

@RicePaddy I seen your picture, you better take what you can get and all ViQueen fans can get are Packers sloppy seconds.

174. By 4thememories on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

@Jed and would you like to explain how you’re going to get Newton, he’ll be long gone by your pick and you threw away a 3rd round pick for Moss. You got nothin’ except moving vans backed up to the humpty dump..

175. By 4thememories on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

Oh yea, one more for #4

176. By tim on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

alright for anyone that thinks the vikings shouldnt go for a qb your not very smart cause first off they can not rely on tavaris jackson he may have the arm strength but he definately doesnt have the accuracy they really need to go out and get a qb really bad forget about the free agency for that go in the draft since they have the # 12 pick then go for the DE but QB is the most important thing they need and they need a young talented guy like Cam Newton if they can get him go for that QB thats the best option but there are other QBs too in this draft if they can not get him but qb is the main concern

177. By Cali on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

I sleep with chicks, no d i c k s!!! Sorry rice paddy. Maybe Jed will give you the head you’re loookin for. I’m a PACKER, not a Drag Queen!!

178. By Cali on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

I Pack p u s s, not butt holes.

179. By Cali on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

I bet LA don’t wanna be known as the home of the Queens!!!

180. By Cali on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

And to the Winy Justin F. He had a great season, no doubt. BUT, he choked in the Championship game, the closest to the Superbowl you’ll ever get. He did the same to us, that’s why he’s gone. And he did it to you sissys to. Then you sent the GET FAVRE BACK PARTY after him, and he flopped. So, explain the 2010-2011 season. Your team is done. Sorry Drag Queens.

181. By Carl Brodin on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

I say trade down to the Jaguars pick at #16 and get an additional pick like a 2nd or at least third rounder then go 1stR OL 2ndR QB. Let Joe Webb compete for the starting job with the 2ndR Drafty then find a cheap but servicable option for your third string QB as insurance. I still say trade Bryant Mckinnie for a 2nd and 3rd or 4thR pick. Then let Patrick Brown compete with who the vikings would draft at tackle. Also a DE would be a good choice in the 1st round.

182. By geiber on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings need a QB! Webb is not a qb, he is a rb pretty much. Look at superbowl winners, manning, rodgers, brady, ben, favre, they all are thorw first mentalities, we need a ryan mallet, or locker someone who can throw the ball, and make big offense plays, we have the best rb to run the ball we need someone who can throw it. Webb is not the answer why dont we just put peterson or gerhart or reisgn moss did you see his pass to favre thats about what webbs look like!

183. By geiber on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

I want chad henne!

184. By Joe on Feb 11, 2011 | Reply

@ BJ. Why would you want to re-sign TJ. He’s horrible… inaccurate and can’t read defenses. He had a couple years to to learn behind Brett Favre and still couldn’t prove that he had improved. He’s a veteran (I think 5 yrs or more) and still can’t produce like a starter… how pathetic. No excuses for him, just look at what Aaron Rogers did if you want to talk about pressure. Skol Vikings!

185. By LESLIE FRAZIER on Feb 12, 2011 | Reply

AS ONE GUY MENTIONED.. GET RYAN MALLET FIRST ROUND….I’VE BEEN WATCHING THIS GUY FOR A LONG TIME AND I GUARANTEE YOU HE IS AS ELITE AS THE TOM BRADY PEYTON MANNING PHILIP RIVERS. HE WILL BE A FRANCHISE QB.
    THEN PICK UP A SAFETY LIKE RAHIM MOORE OR IN ROUND 2. WE COULD EVEN CHOOSE TO GO WITH OFFENIVE GUARD/CENTER LIKE MIKE POUNCEY, DANNY WATKINS, OR JOHN MOFFIT
    BY THE 4TH ROUND THERE WILL STILL BE SAFETIES LIKE MARK BARRON FROM ALABAMA (A BEAST PLAYMAKER) WHO WILL REALLY FIT THE VIKINGS STYLE

186. By Jed on Feb 12, 2011 | Reply

@ 4thememories…You’re right he will probably be gone, but I think if he is not then he is a must pick…I would not be apposed to trading T-Jack away to move up a couple spots in the draft, since T-Jack is terrible in my opinion…I am guessing your Farve back for 1 more year is sarcasm, but if your not Farve is absolutely not the answer for 2011…He probably would have performed a little better if he actually had some protection…Yes they did waste a 3rd round pick on Randy Moss, but I still think it was worth the a shot…It sure sounded good at the time…I don’t think anyone thought that Moss would perform as poorly as he did…I bet he ruined a lot of Fantasy teams in 2010…I’m glad I didn’t draft him…And oh by the way I do think your analogy/metafor at the end of your at the end of your comment is quite GAY! Who is your team by the way?

187. By Juan on Feb 12, 2011 | Reply

Very unlikely, but try to get mallet, or a qb. We have major positions filled we just need that franchise qb in order to get us moving toward the suberbowl.

188. By Jed on Feb 12, 2011 | Reply

Just saw that Plaxico Burress is looking at making a return…he would be quite an edition on the opposite side of Sidney Rice…Vikings try to sign him or Santonio Holmes!

189. By Steve S. on Feb 13, 2011 | Reply

what we need is a repair of the O Line as well as the Def line, with Pat Williams in his mid 30’s , we will need to replace him soon. as for QB, I hate to have the Vikings again look to an old QB in hopes he’ll pilot the team to a super bowl. (Brett Farve, Randell Cunninham, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Gus ferrott etc.) What is needed is to look and see if Joe Webb may be our future QB and might we look to see if there is a franchise QB in next year’s draft, like Luck of Stanford.

190. By travis on Feb 14, 2011 | Reply

Ryan Mallett is without question best QB in draft!!

191. By travis on Feb 14, 2011 | Reply

Ryan mallett anyway that we can get him take it

2. Feb 8, 2011: Some NFL Draft-Related Thoughts | Vikings Stop Blog