Monday Morning Mailbag Extra: More QB Questions

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 31, 2011 – 9:41 am

Below is a question and answer that was too long for inclusion in this week’s Monday Morning Mailbag. After you’re done reading this entry, be sure to head over to this week’s Mailbag feature to read more.

Carson Palmer has demanded a trade from the Bengals and has threatened retirement. Do you think the Vikings should pursue him? What do you think he’s worth?
Pete R.
East Brunswick, NJ

I won’t go as far as to say the Vikings should pursue Palmer, but I do think any team with a need at the QB position should at least look into the possibility of acquiring Palmer. It wasn’t that long ago when Palmer was considered an elite NFL passer, but since a serious knee injury in the 2005 playoffs, he hasn’t been the same player. I believe, though, that Palmer can be a top 10 NFL QB again if in the right situation.

In terms of the Bengals trading Palmer, I don’t think it’s a sure thing and that’s largely because the Bengals have gone on record as saying they do not intend to trade him. Keep in mind that the Washington Redskins were reportedly willing to part with two 1st-round picks for WR Chad Ochocinco, but the Bengals refused to deal. That would have been a steal for the Bengals. That leads me to believe that if the Bengals say they aren’t going to trade Palmer, they mean it.

As for what he’s actually worth, that’s ultimately up to the Bengals to decide. They’ll set the market based on what they’ll need to receive as compensation in order to send him away. Independent of the value the Bengals place on Palmer, though, let’s take a look at a few other recent QB trades:
— In March of 2010, the Seattle Seahawks acquired Charlie Whitehurst from the San Diego Chargers in exchange of: swapped 2010 2nd-round picks and a 3rd-round pick in 2011.
— In April of 2010, the Washington Redskins acquired Donovan McNabb from the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange of: a 2010 2nd-round pick and a 2011 3rd- or 4th-round pick.
— In March of 2009, the Kansas City Chiefs acquired Matt Cassel (and LB Mike Vrabel) from the New England Patriots in exchange of: a 2010 2nd-round pick.
— In April of 2009, the Chicago Bears acquired Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos in exchange of: Kyle Orton, 1st-round picks in 2009 and 2010 and a 3rd-round pick in 2009.
— In March of 2007, the Houston Texans acquired Matt Schaub from the Atlanta Falcons in exchange of: swapped 2007 1st-round picks and 2nd-round picks in 2007 and 2008.

Of those 5 QBs, I would compare Palmer’s value with McNabb’s the most. McNabb is older than Palmer, but he’s also more accomplished. Palmer has a higher passer rating and a higher completion percentage, but McNabb throws fewer INTs and more TDs per attempt; they’re just about even in yards per attempt (Palmer is 1 yard better than McNabb). Let’s also look at each player’s year prior to trade (assuming Palmer is traded this offseason):
— McNabb had a 22-10 TD/INT ratio, had the 3rd-highest single-season passer rating of his career (92.9) and guided his team to an 11-5 record and division title.
— Palmer, on the other hand, had a 26-20 TD/INT ratio, registered a pedestrian 82.4 passer rating and played for a team that went 4-12 and finished last in the AFC North.

So what is Palmer’s value? I’m not sure exactly, and we’ll only find out if the Bengals enter into trade talks with other teams. What do you think? Let us know by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below this entry.

93 Responses to “Monday Morning Mailbag Extra: More QB Questions”

1. By Justin on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

I disagree with pursuing Palmer. Personally, I don’t think its worth giving up anything (picks or players)for Palmer as I see him as another fill in that has yet to prove himself as a winner. I mean whats the point of trading away valuable peices of our team for another 3-4 year fill in? I dont want to do that! Lets draft a QB forsure and put the team on his developing shoulders! i.e. Sam Bradford, Matt Ryan, and Joe Flacco

Oh and GOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS GOOOOOOOOOO

2. By soldier1986 on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

i agree with justin. palmer still has not proved himself a winner yet. but maybe he hasnt got to shine because of the team he is on. but i think we should draft ryan mallett. dude has a cannon for an arm. please do not pick up vince young. we dont need that crybaby on this team walking off the field and threating to kill himself cuz he got booed. we dont need his cr@p. he sucks anyways. i think we should try and go after kyle orton, or kevin kolb maybe

3. By bephil87 on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

I’m not thrilled about the Vikings trading for any QB over 30 years old for obvious reasons, and considering all of the question marks with this year’s rookie QB class, getting our hands on a younger veteran that has the potential to start for at least a couple of years is going to be very important. In my personal opinion, it’s going to come down to Vince Young as being a calculated risk, but the best and cheapest option available. Kolb is more unproven and will cost a king’s ransom. I doubt that Kyle Orton is going anywhere. Colin Kaepernick or Andy Dalton drafted in the second round will have more upside than the rest of the assorted veterans available on the market. I’m not a huge VY fan myself, but I think he has the best risk/reward ratio, similar to Vick a couple of years ago–we know he can win if he works hard. He will also fit our new system. So, my prediction is that our QBs for 2011 will be VY, Webb, & a rookie TBD. The worst case scenario is that we have a bust year and win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

4. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

——– I made the mistake of watching a few minutes of the so called Pro Bowl !

Why don’t they start calling it TOUCH Football ?? ?

5. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Maybe they should switch to having those elected to the game play softball, or have football throwing, and running contests.

I haven’t watched the game in years, so I’ve been fooled. They used to tackle during that game !

6. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

PRO BOWL ! ! !

DON’T CALL IT PRO BOWL !

Disgusting, discraceful, diddly poo.

It’s the NFL’s answer to the WWF

7. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Was I the only one who watched that farce ? ? ?

8. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

NFL football (PRO BOWL) is not who we thought they were.

If you wanna crown em’, crown em’

But don’t let em’ off the hook……………………..

9. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

…Pro Bowl

….Pro Bowl !

…………I just hope they never play it ever aaaggain !

10. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

You call that a Pro Bowl?

….You play to win the game

……….You don’t just play it, to play it.

…You play to win the game.

11. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

There should be whole newspapers written about this farce called the ……..
    Pro Bowl ! ! !

12. By Rick on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Fred who would be more responsive Kolb, or Palmer to Les?

13. By Rick on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

87, But how responsive to les do u think VY would be?

14. By Bigfan1 on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Off all the vet QBs out there I’d take a serious look at Hasselback and draft the QB from either Nevada, Mallet, or if possible Newton.

15. By packerfanfirst on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Trade ya Matt Flynn for AP and Harvin. ViQueens still suck.

16. By 4thememories on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

#4 for one more, please. I know he is still our best chance of winning. I’m sorry, I can’t even type that with a straight face. You guys got what you deserve, DO NOT F#*K WITH THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!!!!

17. By Rick on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Get off the blog cheese whizzzzzz

18. By Bigfan1 on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

The cheeseheads must be so bored with their website and team they feel they must look up other teams.

19. By Parody on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

I’m just surprised that the Bengals turned down two first-rounders for 85. I’m not sure how long he’s been a head-case, but even without that in mind the Bengals would have been able to do a decent job of plugging the void with one of the selections while filling another need with the second.

As for Palmer, I’d say let the staff take a look at him IF the Bengals decide to cut him. There are options in free agency already who will be just as successful or morseso as Palmer will be in Purple.

20. By Parody on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Check out the latest news on mock drafts: http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/1/31/1966153/could-the-minnesota-vikings-have-their-pick-of-the-2011-quarterback

Apparantly SB Nation has indicated that QBs lost their appeal in this year’s draft, having NOBODY select a QB by the time our selection comes around! That’s right, if the Draft were today we’d get first dibs on a QB according to SB Nation!

Too bad that will all change after combines and what-not. But it’s fun to consider the possibilities…

21. By Josh on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

How about we draft a QB like Mallet and then getting Palmer? Let the rookie learn behind palmer for a few years. wed have an expierienced QB playing and a potential QB of the future. I think people also need to realize that just because we draft a qb it doesnt solve our problem. not every player can be a frachise player. joe webb would be good to use in the same role that brad smith is used as at the jets, and as a WR and he could also play a RB role if we needed him too. this cba thing is messing this offseason up and i wish they would solve the problem. i understand its a buisness and not easy to do, but its gettting alittle old..

22. By Carl K on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think a new CBA agreement will happen before the draft. So if we trade for a QB, I think it will happen between the draft and the start of a new season, when ever that is. If that happens, I would be willing to trade a second round pick in the 2012 draft for Palmer or Orton if we don’t land Gabbert or Mallet in the 1st round this year. I don’t think McNabb or V. Young is worth a trade… but I would try to sign one of them if they would happen to get cut and become available.

Gabbert and Mallett are the 2 guys I think are franchise QBs that are worthy of the #12 pick. If 1 is available I think we take him. My gut feeling is they will both be gone.

Locker, Ponder, Devlin, Newton, Kaepernick and maybe Dalton could be available in the second round. If we were able to land Deviln, Ponder or Dalton with our second round pick, I would be happy with that.

I am a big Joe Webb fan and I like him over Newton or Kaepernick.

23. By Vikes fan in Mich on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Kolb is a better choice over Palmer. With the athletic Webb and pocket passer Kolb the Vikes could be set at QB for a few years. Need to beef up the O Line Sign Rice and Greenway and go win the SB next year.

24. By colin ervin on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

I think if we are going to be a run first team just about anybody could play QB. We went 10-6 w/T jack and Gus Freotte. The problem is who can complete a pass on 3rd down remember the Giants game? With that in mind I think Flynn in GB is a free agent but I am not totally sure on that, and the kid we picked up Bomar played at Oklahoma and finished up at Sam Houston may have potential, and Webb could possibly get the job done it was a shame he couldn’t get on the field this year he might be one of the best athletes we have ever had that Philly game he looked like he knew what he was doing. In the past Vikings have done a good job of resurrecting careers so we will just have to wait and see what happens this off season!

25. By Carl K on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

In the 2005 Holiday Bowl the Oklahoma Sooners defeated Oregon 17-14. Oregan at that time was 10-1 with the only defeat to top ranked USC. Oklahoma’s offense gained 365 yards with redshirt freshman quarterback Rhett Bohmar completing 59 percent of his p@sses for 229 yards and 1 touchdown. Adrian Peterson led the way on the ground with 79 yards on 23 carries.

Bohmar was the number #1 ranked QB coming out of high school.

26. By Carl K on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Can a rookie like Locker beat out Webb or Bohmar???

27. By IowaVikesFan on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Obviously I’m a little biased here, but Stanzi did a lot of good things at Iowa. He was a great leader for the team, and never seemed to let pressure get the best of him. Still has a lot to learn, but if he was available late in the draft…I’d be pumped to see the vikings grab him.

28. By Bubba on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Stanzi would be a good 4th round pick. That would give the Vikes a chance to draft the best O-lineman and a quality corner or safety with the first 2 picks. After the draft they could have the option to trade a 2012 draft pick to get a veteran QB like Kolb, Palmer or Orton.

If the Vikes draft a QB with the 12th pick in the 1st round…can’t see them trading for a veteran QB too. But they could sign a free agent veteran QB.

29. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

@Rick Kolb is perceived as having a good attitude, and Young is supposedly bad, attitude-wise. So you have to pick Kolb. But I think the Eagles will keep him.

There are unknown backups in the NFL who might make good fill-ins for the Vikings.

30. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

NOW QUIT AVOIDING MY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRO BOWL!!!

31. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Did anyone, besides me, notice how this year’s Pro Bowl game was as fake as the WWF?

32. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Next year they should have shuttle runs, throwing contests, and other football-related skill demonstrations. Maybe have some weightlifting contests.

What a joke, it looked like a TOUCH FOOTBALL GAME ! ! !

Why am I the only one enraged by this sham?

33. By Frederick Jones on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Maybe the Pro Bowl should be a touch football game.

34. By lui on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Kolb is the younger QB he look like a good QB FIT FOR OUR TEAM THEN PICK UP A ROOKIE FIRST ROUND DRAFT

35. By Titus on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

Fred, I did not watch the pro bowl– for a second i remembered and was going to catch a glimpse– but forgot and never turned the TV on— I don’t recall the last time I watched a pro bowl and I know I have never watched an entire one.

36. By joshK on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

idk if anyone actually watched the pro bowl but it was 4th and 4 and whatever team clearly didnt get the first down, but they moved the chains and it went straight to 2nd and goal? did anyone else see that?

37. By Scott on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

We need to find a QB that can assist Web in his learning. Right now anybody would be better than having Jackson as our QB.

38. By Paul on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune confirms that Vikings DE Everson Griffen was arrested twice in California in the matter of three days.

The first arrest was for public drunkenness Friday night in Hollywood. The second charge — felony battery of a policeman — is far more serious. Griffen allegedly told officers following the second arrest that he “did not want to go back to jail.” (Who does?) Griffen, 23, had a checkered background at USC, one of the main reasons the first-round talent fell to the fourth round on draft day. He has a court date set for February 25.
    Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

And this guy is going to replace Ray Edwards, i think you better find some money to re-sign Ray now. Griffen what a joke!!!!!!!

39. By Mike/Florida Viking Fan on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings are facing another hard year in 2011. Without a proven QB it is very unlikely they’ll go to the playoffs with the Packers and Bears playing good football. The Vikes need to focus on bringing in a stable QB like Matt Hasselback – who would provide good solid play. Draft another young QB and give Webb some number 2nd experience. It’s likely he’d see playing time in 2011. I think the kid has potential with about 3 years under his belt. Focus on giving AP the ball more often and strengthen the secondary. Oh and we’ve got to sign Rice for the deep threat. In 3 years we’ll be back in playoffs and on top of the division.

40. By windsor on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

I think Palmer would be a reliable veteran back up to Webb…He would be a good pick up if the price was right $$

41. By Jerry Jones on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

I’m intrigued by Webb. Not convinced yet. But intrigued.

For a rookie, he showed some promise. In fact, he sometimes looked more like Michael Vick than Michael Vick himself.

I lean toward the idea of giving him some time to develop.

42. By justin on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

i just want to vikings did right by giveing up brad if they can do that then they will get the right QB for the job no kolb whatever u do i would go with young

43. By bephil87 on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

You guys are dreaming if you think we’ll be able to land Kolb, Palmer, Orton, or Hasselbeck. Kolb will cost 2 high draft picks, and the other three won’t be available. As far as veterans with decent starting experience there’ll be McNabb, Young, Chad Henne, maybe Alex Smith. I don’t care what you think of Young as a person, he’s the best talent available for the price. The other guys have the same question marks as a draft pick. We can get VY for nothing and restructure his contract–he’s going to want to go where the best opportunity is and where he feels the most comfortable. I think that a new environment with our coaching staff and system will turn VY around–I really do. I say sign Vince, a rookie stud like Gabbert, Cam Newton, or Colin Kaepernick, and let them honestly compete with Joe Webb for the starting job. The cream will rise to the top.

44. By 4eversteve on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Teams out of desperation will draft QB’s in the first round this year and my hope is that the Vikings don’t get caught up in these over hyped QB’s coming out of college this year. The truth of the matter is that this is a very weak draft as far as QB’s go, we may see one franchise QB from this draft and that pushing it.

45. By WebbHaterHater on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

I’d give a half bag of cheetos and and chili dog for Palmer. But we’re the Vikings!, we should wait for him to retire, then bring him in for 1 season to go to the NFC championship game and be eliminated in OT by a kicker.

46. By Bubba on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Joe Webb is the real deal.!!!!!!!! Draft DE, C, OT, Safety and OLB.

47. By mr smiff on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

That had to be the softest Pro Bowl I have ever seen!!! Even an offensive linesman scored a touchdown!!! I can’t believe I missed the SAG awards for that joke of a game!!!

48. By mr smiff on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

P3cker fans shouldn’t be bragging. Goldenboy Aaron choked in the second half of that game, and the P3ckers had thier SB berth handed to them by an indifferent Bears qb.

49. By mr smiff on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

I like Blaine Gabbert, by the way.

50. By Frederick Jones on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Titus, Josh K, and Mr. Smiff,

Thanks for the comments on the Pro Bowl. I thought I was going to lose my mind.

But I suppose it’s old news that the Pro Bowl is lame. I never knew that IT WAS A TOTAL FAKE!

Some youngster said to me yesterday, “All of those NFL games are fake.”

51. By Frederick Jones on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Let’s face it, it’s hard to judge who’s go to be a star at the QB position.

If you have followed the careers of Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, etc. then you know this is true.

What we have to do is get some offensive linemen who can, and want, to play football. That should be the goal for this year. Anything else is gravy !

52. By Frederick Jones on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

It’s alot more fun to talk about the quarterbacks, of course than the offensive linemen.

Some of you do know where the good offensive linemen reside.

53. By Frederick Jones on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Is Rodney Hudson, 6-2 280 out of Florida St. U. a sleeper at the Guard position? He is reported to have run a 5.1 40 yd dash! Perhaps he might even be available in the 2nd round.

or how about Zach Heard of U Conn 6-7 325 and also a 5.1 40 yd dash. Heard is listed at a guard position, but I bet he could play tackle.

54. By Frederick Jones on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Ryan Bartholomew 6-2 300 at Center for Syracuse could be drafted in the first round. Could he step in right away for the Vikings?

Tim Barnes 6-4 300 out of Missouri ran a 5.1 40 yard dash. It’s possible that both will not drafted in the 1st round.

55. By Frederick Jones on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Joe Webb AND Tarvaris Jackson are fine QBs behind a stalwart offensive line.

Hey, look what former Baltimore Ravens Trent Dilfer was able to accomplish behind a line that often gave him enough time to pass. Dilfer was an average NFL quarterback who led his team to the super bowl.

That’s my point.

Get some great Offensive Linemen first !

56. By Frederick Jones on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Dilfer used to play for Tampa Bay. He was so bad, were calling him Dilifer, as in pilifer dilifer. I know, but you had to be there ! ! !

57. By Frederick Jones on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

typo…there needed to be a “we” before “were”

58. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Fred, take it easy on the posts– you are going to start responding to yourself soon. The off season is upon the blog– one game left, and after the Steelers beat the Packers in a close game, we can rejoice that a new season will soon commence.

59. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Fred, I have wondered myself about what that youngster said to you. I doubt it, though.

60. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Not sure Dilfer was ever that great– even in the Superbowl– he managed the game well, but did not have a skilled performance as a passer — I think the score was very low, the defense won it.

61. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Who has been the best QB since 2000?

62. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

I wonder how many would say Carson Palmer?

63. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Matt Hassellback?

64. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

McNabb?

65. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Seriously, we know Brady, P. Manning, and Warner would be near the top. Maybe throw in Favre? Big Ben?

66. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Eli?

67. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Not many I can think of– Rivers is decent, but the real superstar type of QB– not many in recent memory– of course I am the whole blog tonight–

68. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

Any thoughts on the top QBs in the past decade? I know there are a million criteria– but let’s stick with taking a franchise to the playoffs multiple times and at least one Superbowl win.
    Drew Brees?

69. By Carl K on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

Aaron Rodgers is one game away from putting his name on that list.

70. By Nightdog on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

I do not like the Cheese Bay Packers, I do not like them, A viking I am. Karin Rodgers, son of Roy, will not win a super bowl. They are there by fluke .So to all packer fans,

your welcome…

The Vikings

71. By ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

please stop saying we should draft mallet….he folds under pressure like a lawn chair…..

72. By Titus on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

Carl, I think you may be right. But I really believe the Pack may be in for a fall on Sunday— GO STEELERS!! The Pack did not win that convincingly in two of the playoff games– Philly was in it the whole game– and at Chicago, the Packer offense only scored twice. Atlanta had the over- confidence syndrome and were caught off guard by the Pack. Steelers over the cheese whizz.

73. By Carl K on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

I will be rooting for Tomlin and the Steelers too.

74. By Carl K on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

@ are you kidding me – I am NOT kidding!!!! RYAN MALLET is a physically gifted productive QB with a very accurate CANNON arm. In 2 years as a starting QB he has thrown 62 TD and just 19 ints. 18-8 record as a starter (Arkansas was 13-12 the two years before Mallett). 64.7 comp% 3,869 yards 32 td 12 int 10-3 record last year with 163 rating. His 3 losses last year was to #1 Alabama, #7 Auburn and #6 Ohio State. In his first year as a starter he lost to #1 Florida and #3 Alabama. He has big wins over #6 LSU, #17 Auburn, #22 Mississippi State, and #18 South Carolina… Arkansas plays a very solid schedule. Mallett will climb back up the draft charts during the NFL combine… look for him to be a top ten talent.

Folding like a lawn chair is funny… I will give you that… but I would take him with the 12th pick for sure.

75. By Derek on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

Give Webb the 2011 season at QB! He showed promising! He looked comfortable, and he knew what he was doing, unlike T-Jack.

76. By Bubbs on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

There are no great QB draft choices this year. Take a corner or three find us a safety that doesn’t suck and throw this season away so we can take. One of three great prospects next draft.

If we keep “building for now” we’re going to fall apart.

77. By buck on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

i would say no i think we need someone younger

78. By vikesfan78 on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

Let’s face it guys…we are known for picking up older QB’s. Culpepper was our last draft choice who did anything. I say we draft a QB in the first round, but take a Mcnabb or Kolb for them to mentor. We have an aging defense and no offnesive line. I would hate to put a rookie QB in our current status.

79. By Jv3rnon on Feb 3, 2011 | Reply

Vikings don’t need Kolb, get McNabb and let Musgrave train Webb. Fix o-line and get Oakland’s star corner. Draft o-line or DB. Sign Rice,Edwards,Pat,Greenway, and Longwell. Frazier will have Vikings right for 2011

80. By fcolby on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

im a big viking fan,also a big auburn fan i think cam newton would be great for the vikings

81. By Juan on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

i’d like to draft a qb and o-line, put everson griffin in instead of edwards, and possibly sign asomguha.

82. By Viking-ology on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

I the Vikes can’t get Gabbert in the first round, then they should pick up Locker in the second round. Don’t give up on Locker- he has the potential and he is willing-that is the key. Look at Flacco- if a QB is willing, and he is in the RIGHT system, that makes all the difference. Lets hope Frazier has a great plan- so far it seems he has a good idea on what he is wanting to do.

83. By stephen mcgee on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

i think the vikings need to get a quarterback that is hype and has the ability to run through and just make plays joe webb is that guy but this year in the draft the vikes should try to get cam newton he is one of my football idles and he is the guy who can do it all with in a year or so im a die hard vikings fan if yall listen to me things will start to happen and i wouls love to meet the whole vikings team

84. By stephen mcgee on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

i spelled would wrong but for real if the vikes let go of jackson vince young is the player they should have in mind and the vikes need to be healthy period if not they will have a messed up season like this year this season will help the team in the long run on to survive and still work hard when things are tough

85. By mossforlife on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

The best move for the Vikings to do is to start T. Jackson, Webb second, and a rookie 3rd. Tavaris Jackson did not get a fair shake, he knows the offense and has proven he can beat the teams in the division.. Pound for Pound the Vikings still have a better team than GB or Chicago. Save the money and get some O-line personnel!!! You sit a guy two seasons and then expect him to be Joe Namath. Throughout his whole tenure with the Vikes they set him up in lose lose situtations. When the Vikings went 10-6, prior to getting Farve, his development was equal to Aaron Roger & Culter plus he had first playoff experience, but we set him back Now Aarron has a SB ring, and Cutlter won the north. Stop trying immediate gradification.. Look what happened to this team!! believing in the hype one QB away from SB. It destroy a possible dynasty… SAD. BF gave us 2 more wins than TJ, and BF lost all 4 games against playoff contenders. Was that really a major improvement? Chances are that the other guy would have won two extra games in his development.. This it what the short run gets you, if you fail.

86. By vikings rock12 on Feb 12, 2011 | Reply

i say get vy or try the draft and get mallet, newton

87. By kevin on Mar 21, 2011 | Reply

Drew Brees wasnt a winner in San Diego but showed he had major potential and ended up becoming a major success on the Saints. Carson Palmer HAS proven he has teh potential to be elite, I dont know where people are saying he hasnt. If he was on a more stable team, such as the vikings, i think he woudl become a star again……the vikings need this guy in my honest opinion

88. By jerseys on Jun 1, 2011 | Reply

I think Palmer is a hot player.:)

89. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

—————–????——————————————?????————————-

Chris Cook————————————————————————–?????

——————-Greenway————–?????—————–Erin H——————-
    —————Allen————–K.Williams———–Ballard————–Robison

2. Jan 31, 2011: Monday Morning Mailbag Extra: More QB Questions | Vikings Stop Blog
  3. Oct 18, 2011: seo