Former Vikings TE Steve Jordan Has Son At Senior Bowl

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 27, 2011 – 10:26 am

Steve Jordan is the most prolific TE in Vikings history, recording more receptions and receiving TDs than any other TE in franchise history. He played for the Purple from 1982-94 (13 seasons) and finished his career with 498 catches for 6,307 yards and 28 TDs.

Those are pretty large shoes to fill.

But Jordan’s son, Cameron Jordan, won’t have to worry about receptions and TDs because he’s a DE. Currently Cameron is at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama trying to blaze his own trail to the NFL and continue his family’s NFL legacy. Cameron, who attended the University of California and played 3 seasons there, spoke with NFL.com’s Jason Feller about his decision to play DE (as opposed to his father’s position – TE) and the role his father plays in his life.

“We had the discussion a long time ago (about me playing tight end), and I just wasn’t meant for it at the time. I was a little shorter, a little stockier,” Jordan told Feller. “And then I sort of just leaned out.”

Jordan stands at 6-4, 280 pounds, which I’m guessing will place him in that “tweener” mold where teams that run either the 3-4 scheme or 4-3 scheme will take a long look at him. In the 4-3, he’d be a traditional DE. But in a 3-4 alignment, he could be an outside pass rusher – basically an OLB in the mold of Clay Matthews or DeMarcus Ware.

Feller rights, though, that Jordan made it clear he has no preference as to whether he plays in a 3-4 or 4-3 or even whether he plays end or linebacker.

One thing he knows for sure, though, is that his father is a valuable person to have in his corner.

“You don’t trust anybody more than your family and my dad has put me in the right direction. I believe in him.”

136 Responses to “Former Vikings TE Steve Jordan Has Son At Senior Bowl”

1. By Parody on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Now there’s something you don’t see every day, a professional writer who doesn’t know how to spell “WRITES”! Or at least that was something that you never USED to see every day. What has this world come to when people fail at the simplest level of the tasks that they are paid to do?

2. By DRS on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Parody, like over paid players and coaches who cannot do their jobs on the field?

3. By DRS on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

.I think teams should put more into their line personal then they do. The Vikings 2010 season proved that.

4. By DRS on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

This blog looks dead, so bye for now.

5. By Dave on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

A 280 pound linebacker? Really?

6. By Shawn on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

STADIUM UPDATE ….

7. By Shawn on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

VINCE YOUNG UPDATE ….

8. By Titus on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Shawn– I see Sid Hartman is still at it in his nineties.

9. By Parody on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

I like the Arden Hills idea. Put them in a tiny little town with tons of space to grow! Just North of Minneapolis, away from the overcrowded city that would only get even more conjested if they tried any sort of upgrade. That site has room for plenty of parking (TAILGATING!) and tons of extra space left over for bars and restaurants galore to enjoy pre- and post-game activities. Plus I’d bet it wouldn’t take nearly as long to get in or out of the area.

Let’s get ‘er done!

10. By Shawn on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

lol GIT R DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. By Shawn on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

I think it says even more than we already kind of new that we have NO interest in VY … given we have his old QB coach

and the fact Mark Wilf was apart of the stadium meeting gives me a itty bitty teeny weeny bit of optimism

I will have more optimism once i hear they have a proposal ….

12. By Titus on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Parody, I just read your first post. I have a BA in professional writing, and I can tell you that there is no way any writer worth anything would make that mistake. Wow. Feller rights…
    After reading the articles all season, I have been less than impressed with any of the writing– most of it is like eating popcorn for dinner— you know something passed through your teeth, but you are never satisfied.

13. By Shawn on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

hey titus and parody …. i hope life is being good to you both

14. By Titus on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Hey Shawn, I am doing well– had insomnia last night, though, and I am ready for an early departure. I just read Fisher is leaving the Titans.

15. By Shawn on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

@titus … departure? , I think insomnia happens as we age … and yea seems odd Fisher left now … that kind of puts the Titans behind

16. By Titus on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Departure to ze bed. The Titans owner seems a bit eccentric.

17. By Shawn on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

I am glad we got our coaching staff in place b4 all the scouting began, Titans and Broncos are a couple of steps behind the rest of the league

and yea Im a little slow … about 10 seconds after I sent last post I figured out departure meant bed …. friggin CABARNET SAVIGNON =)

18. By Parody on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

We may just not be interested in trading for VY. What I understand is that he is still under contract, so the coaches COULD be feigning a lack of interest to convince the Titans to just cut him loose. Them we could look at the possibility of signing him without a trade. But they could be on the up and up too, which would be a nice change from the underhanded dealings that Chilly was making. Whatever way they go though, I’m confident it will be the right decision. We have a good group of coaches now.

19. By Titus on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha– watch the wine consumption– I like a good Bordeaux. Anyway, you enjoy the night — I am catching the next flight to dreamland.
    Frazier knows what he is doing.

20. By Parody on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

And Titus – You don’t need to have any sort of degree in writing to avoid such a simple mistake! I have friends whose papers I review for them before they get submitted for their undergrad clässes, and they would laugh their heads off at a mistake like that!

21. By Parody on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Then again, I have some pretty immature friends.

22. By Titus on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Parody, I was just referencing your own reference to Mike as a professional writer. Of course, a third grader who diligently does her homework would not make that mistake, but like you said, Mike is a professional writer. Cough.

23. By Titus on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

I better be careful– it does happen that a professional writer makes a mistake. So, I better not be so quick to judge, lest I find my own work mocked. Okay, this is it– I have to run to catch my flight before the gate closes.

24. By Shawn on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Good night Titus …

@Parody … good point I am 50-50 on VY right now , which is better than it was when he first got cut

He seems to be a better passer than 2 years ago … yet his MENTAL issues still scare me

25. By Shawn on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

oops VY has not been cut yet …

26. By Parody on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

HAGN Titus – But you don’t need to be that generous. An occasional mistake can be understood. Writers in these blogs however appear to make mistakes on every post. Every now and then they come back and fix their mistakes after they are pointed out, but if they’re getting paid for what they do they should be held accountable for their errors.

27. By Parody on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn – I don’t pay a whole lot of attention to the Tîtans, so I don’t know the extent of his mental issues. I tried to look it up once and it seemed that they had more to do with Fisher and the QB coach who took over for Craig Johnson when he got bümped to RB coach.

VYs stãts appear to be improving, and if he gets with some good coaches (hint hint) he might just be hitting his prime.

28. By Parody on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

wow….that was a tough one to figure out. Who would have guessed that “bümped” is on the naughty list?

29. By Shawn on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

lol i dont see nothing wrong with a little bu’mp … n’grind

30. By Parody on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

I mean, after learning about that last censored word, I’m surprised out of my mind that they try to stop me from talking about my Johnson!

31. By Shawn on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

and i get your hint .. I REALLY LIKE FRAZIER …so I dont have the same WTF attitude as I did whenever Chilly signed someone

even though Chilly pulled some sh@t out of his a**

32. By Parody on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

**correction**

“surprised out of my mind that they DON’T try to stop me…”

33. By Parody on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

I was neutral on Chilly for the longest time. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he had an improving record, even though probowlers like Birk and Sharper were going to other teams even though the Vikings seemed like perfect fits for them.

Then 2009 fell apart and 2010 revealed his true genius. But I really like Frazier too, and Singletary. There’s just something about both guys’ personality that makes them seem perfect in Minnesota. I was actually pretty surprised that the 49ers fired Singletary. He wasn’t winning the division, but he’s the type of coach that seems like he’d have the fans on his side regardless.

34. By Shawn on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

I hated Chilly out of the gate because he was an OC that didnt call his own plays … then he grew on me because of the +2 wins per season approach

but then when the heat was on you could see him shake, the whole Moss thing shouldnt have affected him if he was confident in himself … but when he got scared and cut Randy, I remembered why I didnt like him

35. By viking/lakers Purple&gold on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

get moss back!!! no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!! they just fired c. fisher ????? moss needs to COME BACK HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Something called CFF said the Vikings were not interested in Vince Young.
    Young can be an impressive quarterback.

His statistics are not any better than Tarvaris Jackson.

37. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Keep in mind, the Vikings are not any better until we obtain some significant OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!

:) :) :) :) :)

38. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

You do not serious think Randy Moss is coming back to Minnesota?

or is the third time the charm?

39. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

For What It’s Worth Department:

The Vikings administration (mainly the Wilfs) in general have these traits:

1. They are real estate developers from out east (New Jersey).
    2. Most have Law backgrounds.
    3. Several graduated from Harvard

Because of this, a move to LA is unlikely. A move to the East or Midwest is more likely. Since most of the owners, and some VPs have real estate development expertise, they should make smart moves in building the new stadium.

40. By DRS on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

New Mexico needs a team. LOL, right, they could be the New Mexico ROAD RUNNERS, LOL, once more.
    #1 need for the Vikings is linemen.
    #2 need is a great QB, vet or drafty.
    #3 get a new Stadium, semi open air, minimum land owner tax dollars, maybe a usury tax, or sale tax.

Go Vikings!!!!!

41. By DRS on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Take down the dome and sell the land to help pay for the new Stadium.

42. By DRS on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Play in the TCF stadium untill then.

43. By DRS on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

The Arden Hills site is 430 acres of the former Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant along Interstate 35W and U.S. 10. Marketed as Northern Pointe, it’s scheduled for government auction this year. The stadium, team headquarters, parking for 25,000 cars — including tailgating — would take up 230 acres, Bennett said.

While it does not have the amenities — such as proximity to mass transit — of an urban site, Bennett and Ortega tout its location near I-35W and Interstate 694 as offering accessibility to the entire region. Bagley has noted that as a plus as well.

Addressing a state Senate committee Wednesday, Mondale restated Dayton’s support for a new stadium paid for with some taxpayer funds — as long as its operations are supported by “user fees,” the team pays for a fair share and the venue could be called a “people’s stadium.”

From The Pioneer Press

Sounds good to me.

44. By Titus on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

I would prefer the stadium in the city, near downtown– it helps keep the central core vibrant– we are not a huge cosmopolitan city that has a strong heartbeat.

45. By Parody on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

I’m sicking of going through all the hassle and traffic of downtown to get to a game. I went to the game in AZ a year ago and that was a much more entertaining atmosphere. The entire area around the stadium was reserved for parking, restaurants and bars that were all catering to the game. It was a lot more enjoyable than the half-block zone surrounding the dome that has state-fair type booths set up to try to produce the same atmosphere.

46. By Parody on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Go with Arden Hills and help Minnesota to expand outward instead of trying to force Minneapolis to expand upward!

47. By Titus on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

I drove by that AZ stadium a couple summers ago on a 118 degree day in the desert– that area is so spread out and growing so fast, they like the wide open spaces. I agree that downtown can be a hassle, especially parking. I have had season tickets to the dome before– never liked the stadium. Do you think the driving will be any better to Arden Hills? I can see huge lines down 35W and 694 as all the cars bottleneck to get off the exits. The parking will be better and there can probably be old-fashioned tail-gating. There are pros and cons for every site–

48. By Parody on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Those bottlenecks will not be nearly as bad as what is going on in Minneapolis, because the traffic will ONLY be for football games. Plus the traffic should be more spread out if the proper ammenities are built around the stadium. People won’t just be rushing to get to the stadium before the game starts, they’ll be able to plan for a much longer event because there will be extra things to do.

49. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

The wilf bros. will figure something out. They made their fortune in real estate and law.

50. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

IN THE MEANTIME…we need offensive linemen for PASS BLOCKING:
    :) :) :) :) :)

OR FOR RUN BLOCKING:

:) :) :) :) :)

51. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

SO SORRY…for Run Blocking:

– – :) – – – :) – – :) – – :) – – :)

52. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

In addition we might be able to keep the defense off the field, which might actually help them improve their performance because they will be better rested.

53. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

…and maybe keep some of the QBs healthy ! ! !

54. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Crazy as it seems, it has an effect on the health of the entire team to have a dominating offensive line.

It might take a few years for this to happen.

START TODAY!

55. By Frederick Jones on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

…and do not complain about my writing. I think the vikings.com blog is averaging about one note every hour for the last two weeks !

56. By Parody on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Well why are you writing so few notes? Get it in gear man!

57. By Dr0wssap on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Hey losers…. whatsup

58. By Dr0wssap on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

How about those Packers!

59. By Dr0wssap on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

How are all you bawl baby losers doing? Still have that 7 pound snot bubble frozen to your greasy little noses do ya? Maybe if you all would quit crying about your rotten football team that snot bubble would dry up. Hey I have a great idea, watch the Packers win the Superbowl then you will see what a great team looks like …. oh what you all have already seen the Packers when they kicked the Viking’s butts earlier this year. I’m out of here ya losers HaHaHaaaaaaa
    P.S. Wipe your noses you all look so pathetic.

60. By Arrow86 on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Shawn: I’m betting Herschel Walker will be playing with the Vikings before Randy Moss. Herschel is training and wants to be the 1st 50 year old to play in the NFL. He has targeted the Vikings or the Falcons.

The Wilf’s will get a stadium done. I’m not in the Twin Cities area and am not familiar with Arden Hills, but many pro teams now play in an outlying area to the major city. The Twins play down town, Timberwolves, Wild over in St.Paul. Each generates customers to support nearby businesses. Having a stadium in a different area of the metro area will spread the economic impact. Now study the Packers, draft some linemen, and let’s get back to winning.

61. By Arrow86 on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

WOw! I admire the Packer organization, but repeatedly loathe the shallowness of their fans intellect.

62. By Titus on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

A nice new stadium– let’s go all out and build an architectural marvel– not go cheap like they wanted to back when they did the Metrodome– I cringed when lawmakers said it was a cost-saving design— go high quality– in the end it is cheaper. The the Packer fans will hang on our site all the more— jealous of our franchise, our name, our colors, and our new stadium. Oh, and that we actually have a city.

63. By Titus on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Arrow, that is an oxymoron– Green Bay fans’ intellect.

64. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Hershiles Welker!

65. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Can’t say what I want to say, and I am the only one writing this hour!!!

66. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Jim Brown

67. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

*****JIM BROWN*******

68. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

wanted to come back at 50+

69. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

B O G U S ! ! !

70. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Same for H. Walker!

71. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

They need to change this blog for next season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

72. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

I am probably the only one writing IN THIS 2 HOUR BLOCK, and I can’t get in the words I want to write !

73. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

DOES THE MACHINE HAVE TO WARM UP OR WHAT’S UP?

74. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

It’s frustrating having written a note that would have made EINSTEIN CRY, only to not be able to post it.

WHAT GIVES VIKINGS.COM?????

??????????

I AM YOUR ONLY FAN !!!!!

75. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

What is the Vikings.com intellect, or is that an oxymoron too?

76. By Frederick Jones on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Now about 20% of your notes on this blog are me complaining about the STUPIDITY of Vikings.com.

ARE YOU GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

77. By Parody on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Fred, I thought we’ve explained this to you. The website has certain words that are deemed “naughty”. There is a good chunk of words that you wouldn’t even guess were bad, such as the most recent one that I learned of, bümped. You often need to be a detective to figure out where these words are hiding, such as the hòmo hiding inside of SOPhòmoRE.

You can see that I get around the naughty filter by throwing in vowels with special characters over them. You can do this by copying and pasting one of these vowels: á å é ë ï í ò õ ü ú

Or you can try out all the special characters by holding down alt and typing in codes on your num pad, (num lock needs to be on). The codes that I was using were in the 0220 – 0260 range.

Then you can swear your mother fúcking áss off!

78. By Parody on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

The lòser inside of clôser has ticked me off on numerous occasions as well.

79. By Parody on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

And of course the âsses inside of påsses always gets in the way on a football site.

80. By Parody on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

And the ítches inside of bìtches for some reason isn’t acceptable…

81. By Parody on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

…then again, maybe it’s the bïtch part!

82. By Parody on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

But you get the idea, right? THese fágs think that they can protect us/our children by trying to censor a text-based website. I’m sure that the FCC has something to do with it. They are going around and chopping the marble penís (hypothetically speaking) off of all of our arts these days. It only makes everything that much worse and in the long run (I believe anyways) is making our children worse and more delinquent than they would be if these things went unchecked.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Just look at me as a prime example!~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

83. By Parody on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Check out the latest news on Berrian: http://www.startribune.com/local/114813219.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DUqyE5D7UiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUoD3aPc:_27EQU

Nothing to do with the team, but things are so slow I thought this little BlackBerry scandal just MIGHT get some conversation going.

Turns out that he left his phone on an ATM in Vegas and the people who found it tried to hold it for a $30K ransom. Apparantly the FBI even got involved in this scandal!

84. By Parody on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

There….at least now your complaints are down to 14% of the comments Fred!

85. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

I knew Berrian had bad hands, but he cant even hold onto his phone …

86. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

lol Berrians phone got the same ransom Berrian would get …. NOTHING

87. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

People care more about Berrians phone than the care about Berrian

PLEASE CUT BERRIAN !!!!!!!! HE SUCKS !!!!!!

BRING BACK MOSS!!!!!!!!!!

88. By DRS on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

I think GB’s lam-boo field is too old and should be replaced as well. Maybe the packers should move to LA, they would be a better fit. Go Vikings!!!!!

89. By DRS on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Get a QB, and great linemen. Go Vikings!!!!!

90. By DRS on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

DRS, has left the blog. Bye.

91. By Titus on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Lambeau was just rehabilitated a few years back.

92. By Titus on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Wow, Berrian has a hefty salary.

93. By DRS on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Dose that mean the dome should be rehabilitated as well and that will do for some years to come? If it is good for GB why not for the Vikings?

94. By DRS on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

I like the ideal of a new stadium, for the very reason I did not like the dome when it was built. Go new stadium, Go Vikings!!!!! Have a great day.

95. By Titus on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

DRS– we would renovate the metrodome– rehabilitate is a verb I reserved for the cheeseheads. I think the dome should be kept for science fairs and truck pulls– we need a state of the art stadium for our soon to be dynasty.

96. By Woodboat on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

To the best of my knowledge, I believe that the Metrodome was considered too expensive to renovate. It would be cheaper to bulldoze it and start over, sort of thing. Slapping some paint on it isn’t going to keep the Vikings in Minn… they either get the new stadium or they come out here to Cali….

97. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

I watched the senior bowl today and the 5 things Im sure of is ….

1-JAKE LOCKER SUCKS!!!!

2-LOCKER CANT PASS

3-LOCKER IS THE MOST OVER RATED PLAYER EVER

4-JAKE LOCKER SUCKS!!!!

5-JOE WEBB IS 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 TIMES BETTER THAN JAKE LOCKER

98. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

MIKE WOBS PLEASE NEVER WRITE ABOUT JAKE LOCKER HE IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99. By Arrow86 on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Some ideas to make this site better for next season. Instead of Monday mailbag, the Vikings could choose 10 questions from fans. Allow fans to vote on the 5 best. Have Frazier or a player answer the questions and then allow fans to post their feedback. It’s clear Siewert and Wobschall go very vanilla on their questions and topics. Plus Siewert and Wobschall have had too many errors to their writing. That lowers the respect from the fans toward the organization. If we’re going to become an elite organization, we have to expect the communication to also be held to the highest levels. They could also do a weekly post of Monday morning GM to allow fans to submit ideas of how the team could be improved. Who to sign. Who to trade for. Player profiles. That’s my two cents.

100. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

GINO TORETTA IS 100,000,000 TIMES BETTER THAN JAKE LOCKER

101. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

There was a baby born in Idaho today that is 100 times better than Jake Locker right now !!!!!!!!

102. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

If I was playing some street ball , its my pick and Jake Locker was the only guy left …. PFFT I would play QB

103. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Jake Locker is to QBing what Chilly is to coaching !!!!!!!!!!!

104. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

If you told me the Viking had to have either Chilly coaching or Locker at QB

Id take Chilly coaching

105. By Arrow86 on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Relax Shawn: Those All-Star games are a joke. Limited offensive plays and defensive packages. These kids practiced together for all of about 15 hours. If we’re expecting the next Dan Marino, we’re setting the bar too high. Let’s wait until we see whoever we draft, and then we can rate them. A lot of scouts are very high on Locker, and they get paid to spot talent.

106. By Titus on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, history is full of famous, great people who were once labeled as loosers and inferior by many so called “experts.” Please let’s refrain from placing people in a box– you have no idea who may be the next Montana or Favre.

107. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

@arrow … all the scouts still say he has no accuracy

the scouts also love jemarcus russell and ryan leafs upsides ….

point is LOCKER cant pa’ss, Im telling you as a QB he had a game this year he completed 4 pa’sses and another only 5 and another only 10

there is NO blitzing or press coverage in the senior bowl either

108. By Titus on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

I mean full— you would be surprised– just pick a name.

109. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

@Titus … When it comes to football the Vikings are my team … Locker is NO GOOD

If we took him it would set us back for another 4 years

110. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

ok titus …. rick mirer

he was supposed to be the next Montana according to the scouts

tom brady wasnt even a discussion and hes one of the best ever

the scouts said ryan leaf would be better than peyton manning in a couple years

LOCKER IS THE NEXT BUST!!!!!!

111. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

all im saying is i PRAY WE DONT DRAFT THAT GUY

112. By Titus on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

And all I am saying is relax– there are people in the Vikings organization that do this for a living— a living!!!! It is their job– they will do us right! I am telling you– Coach Frazier is in the house. It will be alright.

113. By Shawn on Jan 29, 2011 | Reply

lol titus … i misunderstood which scouts you were talking about sorry

114. By cbednar74 on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

As far QB’s go there has only been a handful that have played the position consistently well the last decade it is that hard to play that position why do you think so many teams go through them like underwear all these QB’s look real good in college but at the NFL level the players are much faster, smarter, better instincts, plus the defensive schemes are much more sound and can be changed consistently on every play! I hope the Vikings fix their QB situation, they haven’t had a consistent QB since Tarkenton! That’s why they haven’t been to the SB since Tarkenton!!! But first they need to address their stadium situation!!!!!

115. By Titus on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

Well, Chebner, I agree we need a long term franchise QB, but I disagree about our success or Superbowl chances since Tarkenton— I can count off hand at least 4 NFC championship games we played in since the late 80s — well after Tarkenton.

116. By Carl K on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

Cameron Jordon looked great all week at the senior bowl. His draft stock is on the rise.

Edwards and Robison are free agents…is DE Cameron Jordon the guy to replace Edwards??

117. By Parody on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

Titus – The comment wasn’t necessarily about our super bowl chances, but about our apparances. The actual facts of the matter. We got close a few times, but never made it there since Tarkenton.

118. By Carl K on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

I like what we have in Webb and Bohmar. I would draft OL in the 1st round (Mike Pouncey C/G, or Nate Solder OT).
    I would draft QB C. Ponder or Pat Devlin in round 2.

The wildcard is OLB and DE – Our first and second team guys are all free agents. Edwards/Robison and Leber/ E. Henderson. This could play a major roll in how the Vikings draft.

119. By 12timeworld champs on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

Peterson pro Bowl TD. what a run. that’s huge.

120. By Frederick Jones on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

Thank you for that commentary on Jake Locker. I have never seen the young man play. But it was a good vote of confidence for Joe Webb.

Frazier is not giving Webb the job outright, he still has to earn it. Yet, it’s gotta be hurting Joe Webb a little bit to hear his coach say that it would be great to draft someone who could be a franchise QB.

I don’t think Leslie Frazier was necessarily wrong in making that statement. Perhaps that’s just how it has to be, right now.

Certainly Joe Webb could be a great QB. He reminds me of Tarkenton, the way he can scramble!

121. By Frederick Jones on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

Thanks for your commentary on the insane “forbidden swear word code” that seems to exist on vikings.com.

I will keep track of the name of this particular blog, in case I have questions again.

I don’t remember anyone saying alleged swear words could be hidden.

But thank you very much ! ! !

122. By Frederick Jones on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

I agree with your expert commentary! Alot of times the so called “experts” are as clueless as the rest of us. I watched the video about V Young and the Vikings qb situation.

These two experts said that it might cost alot to get Carson Palmer, and that he might not be that good. I agree with that as very likely. However they went on to say he would be only a “bridge” qb, and not an 8 or 9 year guy.

If Palmer is good enough, he’s young enough to be a 8 or 9 year qb for us. BESIDES WHAT WE NEED is A “BRIDGE” qb SO joe webb CAN DEVELOP!

123. By Frederick Jones on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

Besides…There have been too many Jim Plunkett, Earl Morrall, Joe Kapp, Warren Moon, Kurt Warner, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas type stories to discount anyone at the QB position.

We need:

—– :) :) :) :) :) —-an OFFENSIVE LINE.

124. By Frederick Jones on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

@ DAVE,

I tend to agree that someone 6-4 and 280, probably isn’t a linebacker!

125. By Titus on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

Parody, thanks, but I don’t need reading lessons.

126. By Titus on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

Fred, how was worship?

127. By PURPLE CRUSH on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

PETERSON’S METURING PM VIKELIFE!!!!

128. By PURPLE CRUSH on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

BIG FOURTEEN JOE WEBB PACKERKILLERS GO VIKES!

129. By soldier1986 on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

dr0wssp….lol dude shut your fudge p@cking @ss. we owned you last year with your own legend. lol thats football at its finest. this will be the real test for your P U S S Y qb sharon rodgers. funny….espn did a poll and the question was, when rodgers retires who will be the best packer qb of all time? sharon rodgers, brett favre, or bart starr. hahahahaha 48 states said brett favre. face it. sharon rodgers a little b!tch. hes not as good as everyone is making him out to be. he started out right away with the two best recievers in the league. favre started out with nobody. he made players. the packers are good yes. but you shouldnt run your mouth after we and brett favre, spanked your cheesy @sses not once, but twice also. i hope harrison puts sharon rodgers in the turf. i also saw sharon rodgers walk by an old lady dying with cancer and all she wanted was an autograph from him. walked right by her in the air port and she tryed to stop him. he just looked at her. nice class he has. packers are g@y, and they always will be. you wont get another legend like the last one. enjoy getting your butts kicked in the superbowl

130. By soldier1986 on Jan 30, 2011 | Reply

sorry for going on like that but im tired of packer fans coming on here talking trash. its so annoying

131. By viking/lakers Purple&gold on Jan 31, 2011 | Reply

hey gay bay fans WHY YOU THIER I HAVE NO CLUE!!!! ALL OF YOU SUCKED SOMEBODY ALL IN THE RIGHT PLACES THATS YOU GOT THEM TIDEY BOWELS HA HA HA WINS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

132. By VIKINGS/HEAT/SHARKS on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

LAKERS ARE FROM M.N.P.S THERE NOT EVEN ORIGANAL JUST LIKE THE L.A.TRADERS FROM OAKLAND L.A.KERS ARE WHACK NOT EVEN THE MECA LETS GO HEAT!!!!

133. By VIKINGS/HEAT/SHARKS on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

LAKERS ARE BITTERS COME UP WITH YOUR OWN NAME AND COLORS JUST LIKE O.K.C THUNDER DID FROM THE SUPERSONICS BEAT L!A!11

134. By Parody on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

@ Titus – I didn’t think you needed lessons either, but the way you disagreed with cbednar74 indicated that you misunderstood his message.

Don’t sweat it. Everybody makes mistakes, even the great BS&S.

135. By Titus on Feb 1, 2011 | Reply

It’s all good Parody, but I still stand by what I wrote-both in content and context – my point being we have been on the doorstep to the Superbowl 4 times– meaning a franchise QB may or may not have made a difference– I know of two of those chances where the coaching was suspect.

2. Jan 27, 2011: Former Vikings TE Steve Jordan Has Son At Senior Bowl | Vikings Stop Blog