Frazier: Adding Singletary A “Coup” For Organization

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 21, 2011 – 11:52 am

Assembling a coaching staff is an exciting proposition for a new coach but it’s also an arduous process that requires attention to detail, respect for relationships and patience. Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier experienced this in recent weeks as he built his staff, an effort that is nearly complete.

But there is one new coach in particular whose path to the Vikings was an easy one to navigate – Mike Singletary.

Singletary, a longtime friend of Frazier’s from their days playing together in Chicago, joins the coaching staff as special assistant to the head coach/LBs coach. He was most recently the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers and has also coached on the Baltimore Ravens staff. Singletary is most-known for his days as a dominant Bears LB, though, and he’ll look to bring his expertise in that area to the Vikings LB corps.

“Of course, adding our Special Assistant to the Head Coach Mike Singletary is a great coup for our organization,” Frazier said on Thursday. “Mike and I have a long history together, going back to our playing days. We’ve always stayed in touch, even when he wasn’t coaching.”

Aside from tutoring the LBs, though, Singletary will add value as a reliable resource for Frazier as he embarks on his first full-time head coaching gig in the NFL.

“I have a guy now who has head coaching experience that I can use as a sounding board as I’m making decisions regarding our team and our personnel,” Frazier explained. “It should be a great addition to our football team. Of course a great player in his own right, but his experience should really help me as a coach as well.”

While a great deal of effort and even sometimes persuasion is used to attract potential assistant coaches to a team, the process was a bit easier with Singletary because of the great relationship he shares with Frazier.

“I called him up and interviewed him on the phone,” Frazier explained. “I said, ‘Hey man, you want to come out here and help me out, help us win a championship?’ Mike Singletary, that was his interview.”

Singletary had a similar explanation of how the process unfolded.

“With Leslie, there is no persuading at all,” Singletary said. “You’ve got to have a little patience in terms of what we were trying to do here. Leslie is a guy that has an incredible amount of integrity with me and we’ve been friends for a long time. So there was no persuading at all.

“It’s a matter of me asking him or him asking me, that’s all it would take.”

Tags: ,

286 Responses to “Frazier: Adding Singletary A “Coup” For Organization”

1. By Arrow86 on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I loved how Singletary played the game. Like a Favre, when he was between the lines he went all out to win! Maybe the Vikes will acquire or draft a linebacker (Mathews from Oregon, hint! hint!) Just to bolster what Coach SIngletary will have to work with.

2. By Ricefield on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Don’t get me wrong, I love that Singletary joined the Viking org. but just asking a guy, “Hey man, you wanna help me out?” is not an interview.

I realize that they’ve known each other for quite awhile and that they probably know each other pretty well and so I don’t know what he could have asked that he didn’t know but something about it doesn’t sit well.

You know what I mean?

3. By CaribooBill on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

From some of the dialogue being presented, it appears to me that Frazier has been thinking about what his staff would look like for quite a while – years in fact. I like that. He obviously has the ability to build and maintain relationships with people over time. Seems to me that’s an important skill for a head coach.

4. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@ricefield … c’mon man these guys were roomates back in there early playing years and have known and played football with each other for 25 years, what could Frazier ask him that he didnt already know?

Would you have to interview your brother for a job?

5. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Frazier has done a wonderfull job putting together a staff … as a defensive coach he hired 2 OCs , and one of the greatest LBs of all time to coach LBs

THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED OR NOT FEEL RIGHT ABOUT IS MINNESOTA POLITICIANS WHO ARE ALLOWING LA TO START BUILDING A STADIUM BY NOT BEING PROACTIVE AND GETTING THE VIKINGS LOCKED INTO MINNESOTA

6. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Time to get serious people … Minnesota already gave away Lakers and North Stars

here is a quote from above article

“We’ll be bringing a team to L.A.,” Leiweke said to committee members Hahn and Councilman Tom LaBonge. The NFL “encouraged us to jump in, they believe this is the best location.… There are one or two teams ready to move. Mr. Anschutz believes a team will come if we build it. At least one team will come. We wouldn’t be acting if we weren’t encouraged by those men.””

7. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Wilfs have connections in LA … and did anyone notice the Wilfs didnt go to the Eagle game?

THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. By Justin on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Oh my god, can we please stop talking about LA for once?

9. By LAVikes on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

That’s what I been saying. You guys don’t even have a roof on your alledged indoor stadium. Get real. c u n LA.

10. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

listen people if you DONT START TALKING it will happen time to VOICE your concern … time to SHOUT and make yourself heard or politicians will think you dont care

11. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

it can happen and it will happen if you dont start talking about it at least , ANYONE WHO THINKS NO WAY …. WELL GUESS WHAT YES WAY

12. By LAVikes on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Remember the Lakers.

13. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

do you think the CLEVELAND BROWNS fans ever thought they would move … talk about tradition JIM BROWN

HOUSTON OILERS?

WE AS FANS NEED TO BE AS ANGRY ABOUT THIS STADIUM ISSUE AS WE WERE ABOUT CHILDRESS … SHOULD BE 600 POSTS A DAY FILLED WITH ANGER ABOUT THIS SITUATION

14. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO TALK ABOUT THIS , POLITICIANS SHOULD OF HAD THIS SETTLED LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

YOU THINK LA WOULDNT LOVE TO HAVE MORE PURPLE AND GOLD?

Listen Im just being real , it is possible and you need to be angry about it !!!!!!!!!!

Everyday that pa’sses is another day Minnesota shows they dont care

16. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Wilfs have stated they will move if the state doesnt have a stadium …. GUESS WHAT WE DONT HAVE A STADIUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TIME IS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. By wisconsinvikesfan on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I wish I could help but I live in Wisconsin. My parents live in mn but they hate professional sports, They didn’t even want the Twins stadium to go up.

18. By Justin on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, your fear tactics aren’t affecting me at all.

19. By VikesfanNO on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Well since things didn’t work with bringing in former Packers and Eagles so let’s bring in the Bears..LOL!!…hey so far so good now let’s focus on keeping as many free agents as we can and make 1 or 2 blockbuster moves in free agency by getting a good veteran O-Lineman and a proven QB we gotta give Joe Webb his chance that’s the bottom line I don’t think a QB should be top priority this season…Skol Vikings!!

20. By Carl K on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I live in Indiana, and I don’t really want to see them move… But I just read a story that the roof of the metrodome may NOT be fixed by preseason next year.

I think you people in Minesota should be raising your voices and putting pressure on the polititions to do something. The Metrodome is a joke!!!! I can’t blame the Wilfs if they move. The State of Minnesota appears to be doing nothing to try and keep the Vikings.

Shawn – Minnasota needs more fans like you. But I am afraid it is too little too late. I don’t believe Minnesota will even fix the roof so that the Vikings can play home games next year. VERY SAD.

21. By Carl K on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Justin you better wake up. When the Vikings are gone the are gone. If you live in Minnasota??? stand up like a man and fight for your team!!!!

22. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@JUSTIN … IM SCARED, Im not trying to stir up sh!t … it could happen!!!

I want the deal to get done but its not … and the state wants a roof , they cant afford 1 billion but they wont listen , the roof costs 200 million, and the wilfs will pay for 300 million for an open stadium so the state only needs 500 million

BUT THEY KEEP TRYING TO GET 1 BILLION THEY KNOW THEY CANT GET!!!!

23. By Jim on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Its time to draft a rookie qb in the 1st round, no more temporary fill ins anymore. I have no clue how many qb’s we had for the past years. There was never any stability at this position I think it is time to address it in the draft. Draft needs 1. QB 2. OL 3. Safety 4. defensive end.

24. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

SHAWN COMING FROM YOU, I KNOW THE STADIUM, AND THE VIKINGS LEAVING IS A SERIOUS MATTER.

IT SHOULD BE MENTIONED MORE OFTEN BECAUSE some VIKINGS PEOPLE DO READ a few OF THESE BLOGS.

VIKINGS*** PLEASE STAY IN MINNESOTA**************************

25. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

who cares what the vikings do if they move to sunny and smoggy LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

26. By Bubba on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Sign Vince Young cheap!! Draft Andrew Dalton in the 4th round. Fix the OL by drafting Nate Solder with the 12th pick. Safety with 2nd round pick- Rahim Moore or Kenny Tate.

27. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

BLOGGERS,

LOOK how many teams have moved RECENTLY in the NFL

Houston OIlers to Tennesee
    LA Rams to St. Louis
    Oakland Raiders to LA back to Oakland
    Cleveland Browns to Baltimore Ravens
    St. Louis to Phoenix to Arizona Cardinals
    Baltimore Colts to Indianapolis
    When Baltimore moved the story is they got some BIG Trucks and moved
    ****IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT****

28. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

If you don’t think it could ever happen…THE VIKINGS MOVING TO LA********
    YOU might be a REDNECK!!!

29. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Bubba, do you want to watch Vince Young in an LA Viking outfit???

30. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

We have a coaching staff … THE NEXT ISSUE IS THE STADIUM !!!!!!!!

31. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

:) :) :) :) :) VIKINGS PLEASE STAY IN MINNESOTA ! ! !

32. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@fred … lol thanx, because as unlikely as it may seem … ITS STILL A STRONG POSSIBILITY UNTIL ITS NOT !!!!!

33. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn,

I guess it doesn’t matter who we draft if the Vikings are in LA.

Sure we may get another team someday, but it won’t be the same.

34. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

WILFS keep the VIKINGS in MINNESOTA ! ! !

****** :) :) :) :) :) :)

35. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@fred no it wont be the same … especially if they keep the name Vikings all of our history and records move with the team … a Baltimore Raven RB will set a new team rushing record breaking Jim Browns old mark … how sad is that

36. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

The Baltimore Colts fans were like us. They didn’t think it was possible that
    the BALTIMORE COLTS could become the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS.

and the Colts were NFL champions several times in their long history at Baltimore!!!

Very similar franchise to the MINNESOTA VIKINGS and the
    MINNESOTA LAKERS (5 TIME NBA CHAMPIONS)

37. By Bubba on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

LA Vikings…that will be very odd… The NFC North will not be the same.

38. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

:) :) MINNESOTA VIKINGS MAY BECOME THE LA SMOGGERS :) :) :)

39. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

****LA RAPISTS***

40. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

looks like im wrong about the stats moving with the team

41. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@@@LA COCAINES@@@

42. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@SHAWN

True, the LA Lakers don’t care much about the Mpls. Lakers.

43. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

That’s alot of miles to move a team. But it was done in the 1950s.

44. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

* History repeats itself

45. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

the LA Kings

46. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

the LA Ballers

47. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

the LA EarthQuakes LA Quakes

48. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

the LA Oceanbottoms

49. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

LA Surfers

50. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

heres what godell said ….

Commissioner Roger Goodell, during a visit to Minnesota last month, said he “certainly” hopes the Vikings don’t move

he hopes ….. HOPES ….. I HOPE!!!!!!

51. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

LA Baywatchers

52. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

It is a tough economic time to move. I can’t imagine it being better in the 1950s!

If we build it, they will come!

53. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Wilfs buddies ….

The president and CEO of one of those groups, Anschutz Entertainment Group’s Tim Leiweke, said he and Vikings owner Zygi Wilf are “not in the middle of extended talks” about the team’s status. Leiweke said he and Wilf spoke as recently as late December, but emphasized their business relationship and Wilf’s interest in developing an entertainment district similar to what AEG has created in Los Angeles

” not in the middle of EXTENDED talks ” ….. that means there has been talk

PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE

54. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

the LA Exxons

55. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

the LOS ANGELES LEIWEKES

or the LOS ANGELES WILFS

56. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

MORE WITH WILFS BUDDIES ….

“My assumption is that Minnesota is going to try to get their situation resolved in the near future, so we don’t get too worked up about it,” Leiweke said in a phone interview. “Zygi made it real clear he’d like to solve his problems there and get a stadium built. We do business there, and we’re going to be very careful not to do anything to harm the process. So from a personal standpoint, I hope they figure it out.”

AGAIN WITH THE …. ” HOPE ” …. HOW MUCH IS HOPE WORTH?

57. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

the LOS ANGELES OILERS

as in oil spills.

58. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

LA Tarpits ….

59. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Leiweke may be DESPERATE for a buyer, leaser, renter, etc.

60. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

The Los Angeles Desperados

61. By Gary on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I am a Vikings fan from North Carolina. I have been pulling for the Vikings almost 40 years now. I wish the people of Minnesota would help in building a new stadium in Minnesota. I sure would hate to see the Vikings leave and go to LA. Please Keep the Vikings in Minnesota. I have never been to Minnesota but I would love to someday. Just because of the Minnesota Vikings. To the people and fans of the Vikings in Minnesota. Please Keep the Vikings where they belong and that is in Minnesota. Outher wise I may never see Minnesota. Skol Vikings!!!!

62. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

The Los Angeles BlackBeaks

63. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

the reason im saying this issue is more important than the draft is because … lawmakers talk about it next month and the draft isnt till april

64. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

…to be continued

WE will NOT give UP easily!!! :) :) :)

65. By Jollygreene on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I lived in CA for a short time and watched hundreds, if not thousands, of vultures circling in a pack during my time in the desert. Sound familiar? Build an outdoor Vikings stadium (the way it’s supposed to be played) in MN or we will be watching the LA Vultures take advantage of our teams death.

66. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

ok on another note … Vince Young , Im starting to think it might be a good move, with everything thats happened he should be relatively cheap and had a qb rating close to 100 b4 his end of season drama … here are his career stats

67. By Aceviking on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, Fredrick Jones, and everyone else is right! We NEED a new stadium if we have any hope of staying in Minnesota. Roger Goodell and the LA organization say that from a personal standpoint, they hope the Vikes dont move. BUT THIS IS A BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are going to do what they have to do to get a team in LA. Bring on a new stadium, or bring on the LA Vikings!!!!!!!! ps. we also need a new qb. ol, and db, but that wont matter if we play in LA.

68. By wayne on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

____gov. officials=state officials. you gave the wild a new arena=you gave the twins a new ballfield=you gave the gophers a new stadium. how can you possibly say no to the vikings . DAH DO YOU THINK?

69. By Lolvikingsfans on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Shawn and Fredrick…may I ask why you guys talk to yourselves so much? You guys make the comments really irritating to read.

70. By gopackgo on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

anyone who mentions LA is already in la la land.You are Idiots. Not one of you can think past your nose. Think about it with just a few more brain cells. The Vikings will never leave the spawning grounds fools. Go back to your mustard plants. We in Green Bay even can manage a sane thought on this one. Man I cannot fathom the deep stupidity you people are spewing and trolling out. Don’t worry fans, The Vikings and their new coach “Spock”, are gonna be there awhile. See you next season after we win the superbowl aggots.

71. By Louie on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I’ve been a vikings fan for 35 yrs. and I would love to see the Vikes here in So. Cal., get to go to all the home games but man it just would’nt seem right to be out of Minnesota. I just hope that if they do come over that their name does’nt get changed to something stupid like the L.A. Express cause i love that purple and gold with the horns on da helmets, it;s the shizznit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

72. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Oh, lighten up Vikings fans, I am just messing with ya. Comon now, heres a noogie for ya. I know the stupid Vikings will never leave, cause my beloved green gay packers would miss the beatings.

73. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Sorry if my packer stupidity upset yall. My sister sucks pig guts out of a urine bucket, but hey, shes my wife…so..

74. By Trollsmasher on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

You know as a troll, you could be a little more subtle when you steal a guy’s name.

So I give your efforts a 1/10. FAIL

75. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I just read an article that was saying that the Rams are thinking of going back to LA; maybe the cardinals as well are considering a move. Has anyone notice no team has made a go of it in LA? Beside LA will be underwater soon, shake and back, and away you go. The Big 10.0 is coming, beware. Maybe a move to New Mexico would be better.

76. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

By the way, did you hear some sheik from Dubay, had owned the land under Lamebo field, and is moving the Packers to Canada Did you hear about that?

77. By Trollmasher on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

You know , I spend alot of time in the outhouse, so I eat weird things. That way I can just stay there. Make as much sense as the rest of my comments. I should lay of the straight vinegar.

78. By Trollsmasher on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Couldn’t even steal my name correctly.

-5/10 UberFAIL.

79. By Trollmasher on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Comon, keep it comin, shrek.

80. By Trollsmasher on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I wish the best for all of you. God Bless.

81. By Trollsmasher on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Shrek was an ogre.

-10/10 Danger Danger FAIL OVERLOAD

82. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

NEWs

The new New Mexico exvikings, now the New Mexico RoadRunners. A good joke as the thought of the vikings going to LA.

83. By Trollsmasher on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I have to go back to the manure mines now. After all, I am done with my rice cakes and cheese curds. Goodnight .

84. By Trollsmasher on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Um…Shrek was an ogre.

-10/10 Danger Danger FAIL OVERLOAD

85. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Im sorry, what I meant was I am gay, and moving to LA, but I did not want to rhyme.

86. By Youids on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I will no longer read this dribble.

87. By Trollsmasher on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Oops, double post.

And finally, you steal the name correctly.

Whoooooop Whooooooop Danger averted.

88. By Website master on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I will be removing all comments in 3 minutes , thank you.

89. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Frederick Jones, How are you doing? I see you are heating things up once more. How that T-Jack thing doing, Getting any head way?

90. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Ok how funny you can mimic other but you are the one who is a qu***!

91. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

LA fans, gulp, gulp, gulp. I have sea front property in AZ.

92. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

God bless you all and have great night. Have fun with the fishes LA fans. Bye. We have an offer you cannot refuse. LOL

93. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Someone is impersonating me again. I would not spell Lambeau Field as Lamebo. That was not me!

94. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Altogether I counted 3 blogs I did not write.

Hopefully he loses his right to be on Vikings.com.

I am not a GB Packer fan!!!

95. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Must be my secret admirer.

I am not worried too much. The veteran bloggers like Shawn, Titus, Nova, Ricefield, DRS, Parody, etc. know how I write even if I bug the heck out of them. Certainly you know I would never talk about women like that, even to be funny.

96. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

He or it is trying imitate me as well, Shame on it.

97. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@DRS

Thank you for letting me know. We are not the only ones having that happen. One time someone imitated Nova. It was nasty, and he fooled most of us. Titus figured it out.

We have writing styles that go beyond all the goofy… or :) :) —-
    and etc……

98. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

We know Frederick Jones his words is a true statement, he has more class then the fake one, as we all do. Please web master kick the fake ones out.

99. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

DRS, I just read back a few blogs. He/She/It should be ashamed of their little selves.

100. By milltrain on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

u guys need to chill out…whew. this is turning in to an episode..lol i dont have time for an episode.

101. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

We know Frederick Jones by his words; he has more class then the fake one, as we all do. Please web master kick the fake ones out.

Sorry this is what I meant to say. Getting late.

102. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

The guys I mentioned are not mean spirited. They like to argue, like I do. But no one is mean unless provoked. Even me. Why would anyone do that?

103. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I always think I am right. I deserve a good tongue-lashing once in a while.

But you don’t expect it coming out of no where!

104. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Every one have a great night. Bye.

105. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Good night DRS

106. By DRS on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

DRS has left the blog. Any more to night is not me. Bye and God bless you all.

107. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

mill train

Yes, you do, and you just proved it!!!

108. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

You know i love the MINNESOTA Vikings but you sh!t talkers should pay attention … you say no way but the NFL and LA says there will be a team there and they are talking to 1 or 2 teams

St louis has a stadium …. Arizona has a stadium

VIKINGS DO NOT HAVE A STADIUM

109. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

How can you be so sure it wont happen when the owners and the NFL say it could happen?

Wonder how many Browns fans talked all the sh!t you non thinkers talk … hmmm

110. By Shawn on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

wake up people , IT COULD HAPPEN !!!!!! unless we get a stadium built

111. By Titus on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

I am not worried.

112. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@Titus,

Now, I appreciate your thinking. Pro Football isn’t that important to us, or at least it should not be high on our list of priorities.

It would be a shame to lose the team though. It would/could not be the same rooting for them in LA. I’m not sure if I would do it.

There IS a possibility it could happen.

113. By Ricefield on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Is there a reason you all are spamming the boards with the same message over and over and over again?

We get it, you think the Vikings are leaving. Great. Message recieved. No need to keep saying it again and again.

114. By Titus on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Frederick, I had a great time at the house of our friend tonight– now that is what is important.

115. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Ricefield, I have to disagree.

I do not want to sit back passively and see it happen. So I am lobbying to try to keep the VIKINGS IN MINNESOTA.

It’s similar to the drive to get Childress removed. Why did people constantly hammer FIRE CHILDRESS!

Other people are lobbying for drafting a QB, and even trading to move up higher in the draft to do so.

116. By Frederick Jones on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

@Titus, I can’t argue with that at all! ! !

117. By Ricefield on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Fred,

There is a difference between people stating how they want the draft to go and the repeated drumbeat of “OMG THE VIKINGS ARE LEAVING” ten or twenty posts in a row. That’s called spam.

Of course, the moderation on this site is horrible so normal rules that apply to other sites don’t get enforced here.

Oh well, carry on.

The Vikings may move. They may not. What you should be doing is calling your state legislature. Those are the people that can actually do something about it.

In fact, a more effective tactic would be to post the e-mails of your local representative and tell people to write an e-mail to the actual people with the power to do something about it.

You wouldn’t have to post it more than once either.

At least that’s what I would do.

118. By Titus on Jan 21, 2011 | Reply

Los Angeles Rumbles

119. By Titus on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Ricefield speaks the truth. It is like when all the fans were asking questions about the Bears game at TCF on the blog– wrong forum. Posting about LA on the blog does nothing– but its harmless fun– I like how Frederick imagined different names for an LA team. I personally doubt very much the Vikings will move. Dayton is too much of a democrat– he wants to spend tax dollars.

120. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

How about the LA Dygagas? They could wear meat uniforms.

121. By Ricefield on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Or the LA Lalanders?

122. By Ricefield on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Okay, I’m heading to bed.

I see the name stealer has been active tonight so if there are any more posts by Ricefield tonight, it ain’t me.

Good Night. God Bless. Peace out. I’m outta here. Hasta Lavista Baby. Ciao. Sianara. Adios. Catch ya’ll on the flipside. And remember, be kind to each other.

123. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Really late here. Talk to you later, everyone take care.

124. By Rogerthevikefan on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

The Vikes will not move well maybe to that one option with the 3 counties working together. but they would still be in Minnesota. The Vikings are Minnesota so maybe they should go back to the good old days like you know the frozen wasteland known as the Met. Odin… Odin… Odin…

125. By Kennie Cauthren on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

This coaching staff is seting up to be a great one, I think anyway.

126. By DRS on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Good morning every one, Frederick Jones, even if the Vikings did move, they would be like all the team before them, as the movie line goes, their back!!!

Besides LA is shaking and a backing to the sea, there would have to be another move in a short time. Now onto the fact we need to get o-linemen now with a veteran QB, that is if there is a season, if there is not a season there will be time to build a stadium and the Vikings could save big $$$$ to spend in the 2012 draft, How about the name of The LA Queens? LOL.

127. By DRS on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Got to go, God bless U all.

128. By Frederick Jones on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

@DRS,

This site is DEAAAD!

I think it’s 50-50 if their are more than 8 regular season games played next year.

There is the money, which you would think would be enough incentive to settle their differences.

On the other hand, like the bloggers, the egos may prevent any reasonable discussion of diffences.

How about that pompous guy that came out (about 4 months ago) and said the 18 game schedule was a DONE DEAL.

“I ask for alot, I don’t get it, but I get something.” is at work for the owners.
    They are using the 18 game schedule to distract the NFLPA from the real issues.

129. By Frederick Jones on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Now…I was able to get that long blog out.

Usually I cannot do that. So I cannot say what I really want to, most of the time.

That is why I blog the way I do.

It’s out of frustration against the system, in this case vikings.com

But this is probably the best blog site in the NFL!!!!!!

130. By Frederick Jones on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO take my time AND WRITE EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO SAY.

But that is not vikings.com

Lots of typos is part of the struggle.

131. By purplerainman on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Everybody calm down. The believe Vikings will be in Minnesota for a long time to come. I personally want to thank the Wilf family for being so patient with the Minnesota legislature. Most owners wouldn’t be and for that I am grateful. That truly shows their commitment to us as fans and it needs to be acknowledged. It would also be nice to see companies like 3M, United Health, Hormel Foods, Honeywell, General Mills, Best Buy step up also and give something back to their home State and stop leaving all up to Target. I have a feeling a stadium agreement will be reached my mid summer.

L.A. has had several shots at a team in this league however, no matter what the proposal, no matter how attractive the stadium plans, you have to fill the seats after the first couple of games. The NFL would not favorably endorse the Vikings moving to LA.

132. By Frederick Jones on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

It seems as if you just said that.

(no kidding)

133. By Frederick Jones on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

purplerainman,

I loved and agreed with your blog.

EXCEPT THE PART ABOUT EVERYBODY CALMING DOWN. WE ARE THE FIRST ON THIS BLOG IN THE LAST 12 HOURS OR SO.

The blog is DEAAAAD!

134. By Shawn on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

@purplerainman … I soooo hope your right AND yes one or more of those corps should step up and throw some money into the pot …

and this Rolen woman putting together proposals should stop trying to spend 2x what MN needs to spend

and I am not saying they will move but THE NFL AND ROGER GODELL HAVE SAID THERE WILL BE A TEAM IN LA … THE PAST DOESNT MATTER TO THEM, ITS POINTLESS TO TALK ABOUT HOW IT DIDNT WORK B4 BECAUSE … THERE WILL BE A TEAM THERE

135. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

…..Breaking News…..Breaking News…..Brad Childress and Marvin Lewis dine at Cincinnati steakhouse: source..NFL.com….(ML)..I’m glad you and I could have a talk, Brad”.(BC)…”As long as you’re paying Marv, I left my $14 million in my other suit”.(ML)..”The Bengals need someone like you, Brad”. (BC)…” I guess Matt Millen wasn’t available”?(ML)…” I’ve done everything possible to scr3w up,but I’ve still got my job”!(BC)…” Not so fast, Marv, you haven’t hired me yet”!(ML)…” I want to compete with the likes of Pittsburgh and Baltimore”!…(BC)…”To be honest, Marvin, the Pirates and Orioles have stunk for years”. (ML)…” How do you like the sounds of ” Defensive Coordinator”? (BC)…” I’m not familiar with the new bands these days, I’m more into Polka”.(Waiter)…” Are you gentlemen ready to order “?(BC)…”I’ll have the 18 oz. T-bone”. (Waiter)…”And how would you like that prepared”? (BC)…” Raw”. ( Waiter and ML)…..???????????(BC)…” Because that’s how Bengal Tigers eat them”!………..(Later)……..(ML)…” You should spit out your gum while you’re eating, Brad”. (BC)(chewing)….” Lots of football left to be played, Marvin”. (ML)…..” This could be the beginning of something really great in the ” Queen City”!!!! (BC)….”The Bengals are moving to San Francisco”? (ML)…..”CHEQUE PLEASE”!

136. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

If Bengal fans thought it couldn’t get worse………

137. By wisconsinvikesfan on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

I think the Vikes should move up to Duluth.

138. By Titus on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

I think the Vikings should move to Minneapolis.

139. By WALLY on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

hey shawn nice come back the fact that frazier asked singletary to work for the viking org. is awesome and i wouldnt have to interview my brother to work with me it would be a given especially if he had the skills to do the iob

140. By Titus on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Exactly, Wally– I have literally walked into interviews and after about 60 seconds of small talk, I am asked when I can start– based on a referral or my past experience, you often do not need an interview– the new boss knows you are the best.

141. By supervikingman on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Geez, fred jones is all over the place and should change his name to LooseCannon. So many of you are blowing holes in the Vikings ship for no reason. Can we be serious for a second? The first question is with the unemployment rate what it is, it’s safe to say that some percent of that has to include high-rise construction workers that could be added to the metrodome crew to get the roof fixed, right? More bodies, quicker repair… less time. That has to happen first. Next, reasoning has to be applied for the construction of a new stadium and that starts with determining the location. Personally, I think the site of the Metrodome is the place to build the new stadium, but that would only work if you went with a plan to upgrade the dome and that won’t happen. That means finding a new location (once and for all) and determining the best ways to pay for it. I think the state has to put up initial financing, but that doesn’t mean they can’t seek out ways to include in covering costs such as taxes, lottery, gaming and here’s an idea: be creative! Take a look at offering public stock and ways to raise the money. Putting a plan in motion to make it happen doesn’t mean you can’t continue to find ways to pay for it. Suggestions?

142. By Ricefield on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

So which one should we fire if our linebackers don’t get the job done?

Frazier, the guy who hired the LB Coach without an interview.

Or

Singletary, the guy he hired without an interview.

If it works out Frazier looks like a genius but if it doesn’t he looks like an even bigger idiot than Chilly.

That’s what I have a problem with.

My opinion of course.

143. By Titus on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Loosecannon, that’s a good one.

144. By Aceviking on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

The Vikes need to draft a QB and put in Joe Webb to run the wildcat. Have Joe Webb’s main position be WR, like they drafted him.

145. By paul on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

A Coaching change is like the draft, you hope you hit on a couple.

Good luck Mr. Singletary and remember, yelling/screaming and threating players only goes so far.

146. By Arrow86 on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Ricefield:

Singletary coached Ray Lewis when he was in Baltimore. With the Niners he took a young group and made them more than respectable. I don’t think we need to talk about firing Singletary before he even gets his mail forwarded to Eden Prairie, Minnesota. He’s a hall of fame player at the position. We’ll be fine with his coaching.

147. By CaribooBill on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Emmanuel Arceneaux

148. By CaribooBill on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Has been signed by the Vikings to a 3 year deal.

149. By CaribooBill on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

He is a wide receiver – 6-2 and 210 lbs.

150. By CaribooBill on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Played for BC Lions of the CFL for the past 2 years.

151. By CaribooBill on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Caught over 60 pas*ses the past 2 years – 67 this year for 1114 yards.

152. By CaribooBill on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

He comes from the same team as Cam Wake – leading sacker in NFL this past year. You never know.

153. By Nathan on Jan 22, 2011 | Reply

Cam Newton!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vikings superbowl 46

154. By Shawn on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

this is the WR cardio bill mentioned

155. By Woodboat on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

We already have a Cam Newton… his name is Joe Webb. How about we go for a pocket passer this time, if they don’t feel Webb is the answer.

Iam STOKED about having Singletary on the staff. This is the guy that can help turn this defense around. I liked him in SF as a motivator and as an Xs and Os guy (just not so much as a head coach on gameday). This is the one guy I was hoping they’d pick up (other than Bill Cowher as HC :( ). Good job Frazier!!!

156. By Dave on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Wow.. What a classless fan, and to think I was pulling for your team in the playoffs. :(

157. By Ryan on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Emmanuel looks like an explosive player but what was he doing in the cfl I wonder if cfl players are any good in the nfl.

158. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Warren Moon, Ryan.

159. By Frederick Jones on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

One of the ESPN sportswriters said the Steelers do not have a good offensive line!

Amazing statement. It proves that those big shot can be just as wrong as one of us. Big Ben holds the ball longer than 3rd graders in a pickup game!!!

Steelers and Bears in the Super Bowl, although I’m not confident about the Bears making it.

160. By CaribooBill on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

The CFL is a more wide open game than the NFL – wider and longer field, deeper end zones. Much more pass oriented, if you can believe it. Some of the pass formations you now see in the NFL, such as 3 wideouts in a triangle on one side, have been used in the CFL for quite a while. It is difficult to say whether or not Arceneaux will make it in the NFL. Cam Wake did. Kenny Onatolu also did, others have as well. The positive is that the Vikings are being active in recruiting. Arceneaux is the right size, he’s young and he now has some experience. At the very least, he will bring some competition for the other receivers. How hard would it be to be better than Berrian?

161. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Bears better get out of hibernation.

162. By Old School on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Pack are great……Bears are good…..and the Lions are getting better!

WE SUCK!

RODGERS WILL RULE THIS DIVISION FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS BECAUSE WE FAILED TO PICK UP A FRANCHISE QB!

WE NEED TO GET USE TO IT!

163. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Old School, I see you did not get your hug this morning.

164. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

COME ON BEARS!!
    YOU CAN DO IT!!

165. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

166. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

GRRROOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

167. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

COME ON BEARS!!!!!

168. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

BEARS ARE GOING TO DO IT!!!!!

169. By Ricefield on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Wow, that Packer offense is awesome, scored a whole 0 points in the second half. And that defense is great, gives 14 points to a third string quarterback. And they can brag about intercepting the third stringer.

/sarcasm

The Pack aint winnin’ no Superbowl.

170. By Old School on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Hey TIT……………….TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A#$ AND WAKE THE F%^& UP…….

WHAT A LOSER AND A DUMB A#$ !

HOW IS THAT FOR A HUG………

I CAN’T STAND YOU D$%^% ON THIS SITE…YOU NOTHING ABOUT SPORTS AND THE WORLD IN GENERAL!

CRACKS MEUP!

LOSER!

LIVING IN LA LA LAND ABOUT OUR TEAM AND WHERE THEY ARE COMPARED TO THE OTHER TEAM IN OUR OWN DIVISION!

171. By Old School on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

COME NBACK IN ABOUT 2 YEARS AND TELL ME THAT I WAS IGHT AND YOU WERE A LOSER!

I MEAN….STILL A LOSER!

172. By Old School on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

IDIOT!

173. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Lighten up, Old School. Come to Trinidad.

174. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

We’re in Carnival season. Lots of parties.

175. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

The weather’s great. You’ll love our beaches.

176. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Tobago’s just as great. Come spend a weekend.

177. By cbednar74 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

I hate gb & the bears, but living in corupt illinois I hate the bears even more! Thank You gb, at least I don’t have to hear about bear s%#t the rest of the year :)!!!!!!

178. By guest1 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Cant wait until packers lose in the superbowl it will hurt more that way.

179. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Mr Smiff, that is nice of you to invite Old School to the Islands– he sure needs a vacation.

180. By 12timeworld champs on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

guest1. at least we will be in it. what has your team done?

181. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

@ all P3cker fans-
    Get all your licks in while you can. Congrats on your team making it to the SB. Your team has clearly benefited from the Vikings organization being lax and complacent in the 2010 season. You better hope your team wins it, because that will not be the case for 2011. Your P3ckers will never have it this easy again.

182. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Yeah Titus. Old School sounds overdue for one.

183. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Congratulations to the Packers– enjoy it, but please wear it with class. Real Champions have an attitude of humility– don’t go around rubbing your rival’s nose in the dirt— you reap what you sow.
    Wow, Steelers look good.

184. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Mr Smiff, just make sure he stays in a hotel and not at your place.

185. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Sure thing, Titus. :)

186. By 12timeworld champs on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

this easy? 13 on injured reserve? no running back. lost all pro tight end.
    we earned it, and we will only get better. Titus, as far as humility, I have been in the metronome and your fans act like idiots. especially for never have won anything.

187. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Well, well, Mr 12time, What have the fans in the Metrodome have to do with your attitude? Take ownership for your own behavior.

188. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

12time, don’t act like your team didn’t have the depth and quality to compensate for those losses- something the Vikings organization dismally failed to do this past offseason. H3ll, the P3ckers almost beat the then-dominant Patriots with a backup qb. Tell you what. When your team loses the SB, you P3cker fans can use the “13 on injured reserve” line as your excuse. Congrats again on your team’s trip to Dallas.

189. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Steelers will cream the Packers.

190. By guest1 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

They will lose in the superbowl and then jump off the bridge steelers are way too good. Yeah congrats to making it to the superbowl but you won’t be winning it which would mean nothing if you don’t win it all.

191. By 12timeworld champs on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

no one is going to cream the packers and the packers won’t cream the steelers or jets. jump off the bridge, what are you talking about? the packers could have a few great years ahead of them. as far as not winning it all, your team should know better than anyone. see you losers, I have an NFC championship to go celebrate.

192. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Packers could only score 14 points today (defense scored 7). Against the Steelers, the Packers will be against the old steel curtain. Enjoy it now. The Steelers will dominate the Pack.

193. By guest1 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Cant wait to see you fudge packs lose in the superbowl all that hard work will be for nothing it always stings more when you lose in the sb.

194. By 12timeworld champs on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

typical packer bear game. we won.
    weren’t you in the game last year. what happened?

195. By 12timeworld champs on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

no guest1, it stings more when your quarterback throws an interception after a 12 man in the huddle penalty is called. especially when you have one of the best place-kickers in the NFL. ouch

196. By paul on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

NFC CHAMPIONS GREEN BAY PACKERS

You win as a team and you lose as a team..

197. By guest1 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Haha yeah thats why favre carved you guys up twice last year.

198. By 12timeworld champs on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

last year. what happened this year? hahaha

199. By Frederick Jones on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Bears lost, partly because of the 1st quarter injury to Cutler.
    So I was wrong about that game.

I may be right about the Steelers winning though.

Steelers 23
    Packers 21

200. By 12timeworld champs on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

jets r coming back

201. By Brian on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Ben Roethlisberger is my dad. He rap3d my mom before he was famous.

202. By guest1 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

fudge packers will lose in the superbowl why even bother playing the steelers just forfeit.

203. By Frederick Jones on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Jets are making a comeback. They haven’t been in SB since 1969!

204. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

jeep dreamin’ 12time. Packers will have to face the Steelers– let’s see your defense try and tackle Big Ben.

205. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

*keep

206. By Frederick Jones on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Titus how are you?

207. By 12timeworld champs on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

I know your defense won’t be trying to tackle him

208. By Frederick Jones on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Steelers 23
    Packers 21 in Super Bowl #46

209. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Hey Fred, I am fine. Did you have a good celebration this morning?

210. By mr smiff on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

The consensus out there is that Cutler quit on his team. Thoughts, anyone?

211. By Ricefield on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

The Bears don’t believe. His teammates, I mean. I’ll take their word for it.

212. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

I watched Urlacher on this issue– he was not happy with the insinuation.

213. By Ricefield on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Hey Old School,

Are you hard of seeing? Or maybe you think we read your all cap posts as shouting?

Re-tard-ed.

214. By Frederick Jones on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Titus,

Yes, The pastor compared the four gospels and talked about each author.
    It was really interesting. For example, Matthew uses more Old Testament writings that refer to things The Savior would do in later times, than any other gospel.

This is a slow time of the year for Viking fans. Did you hear the Pittsburgh Steelers head coach, Mike Tomlin, thank the fan? It sounded like he really meant it!

So the fans attitudes do matter!!! :) :) :) :) :)

215. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Of course they do, Fred.

216. By Ricefield on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Agreed.

However, I also have to say that we as fans have to be honest. If the team doesn’t perform, it is our duty to let them know about it.

Yet, to say the team is lost for 3 or more years is disingenuous. Other teams have gone from worst to first in a year and there is no evidence that we can’t do it too.

217. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Jack Lalanne died today!

218. By vikesfan78 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

I absolutely hate to say this….but I will be cheeringfor “the pack” during the superbowl. I can’t stand Rothlisberger. I think they are the better team….but he is such a a$$hole…I can’t do it!

219. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Vikes, Say it isn’t so…Even if you hate “Bad Ben”…you can’t cheer for the “pack”. That’s soooo wrong!!!!

220. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of life? Not really. Just enjoy the game if you like football– it should be a decent game– I don’t think it will be a blowout by either side. Get some wings and Perrier and enjoy.

221. By vikesfan78 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Sue, I will be wearing ” Black and Gold” on 2/06/11!!!!!!!!!

222. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Vikes, I will be wearing “Purple and Gold” on 2/06/11. Those of you who think we are moving to LA are crazy!!!!! We WILL get our new stadium and we WILL get a high caliber QB. I am a true believer in positive thinking.

223. By Dave on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

With Frazier running the team.. Anything. S possible.. I really like the direction we are headed in :)

SKOL VIKES!! :-)

224. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Titus, You are right…it doesn’t matter. What matters is that we get an O-line that can protect whatever QB we get and a secondary that can cover the receivers!!!! I hope Cedric is back and healthy in 2011!!!!! and I pray for a good draft.

225. By vikesfan78 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Titus, It matters!!!!! It’s the Packers!!!

226. By vikesfan78 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Dave, I agree with you, Frazier is taking us in the right direction.Skol vikes!

227. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Dave, I totally agree with you….Frazier is the guy. How do you feel about the QB situation? Try to go for a free-agent or draft?

228. By Stephanie on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Mr. Smiff…Cutler did quit on his team…at least that’s what I think. do you remember Favre in the NFC championship game last year? Cutler ticked me off so much today. it’s like he didn’t even want to try and fight for his team. does he even realize how blessed he was to even be in the NFC championship game? he acted like he didn’t even care.

229. By Ricefield on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Stupid Question:

Can someone tell me what “Skol” means?

I gather it means “go” but does it?

230. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Sthephanie, THANK YOU!!!!! That is exactly what I thought. Brett was so worse last year…yet he fought through it. Cutler is a wuss.

231. By vikesfan78 on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie,
    Were you in his cleats?

232. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Sue, how do you know? Have you ever had a knee injury? Stop the judging people.

233. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Ricefield, It is a drinking salute… I salute you all and have a great night!!! May 2011 be a much better year for all of you. I have enjoyed all of the interaction wilth all of you and look forward to the 2011 season. “Thanks for the memories”. See (Hear) you next year. May the best team win the the SB45!
    Love y’all(regardless), Sue

234. By Titus on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Is that in line with your positive thinking, Sue? Calling people a wuss?

235. By Ricefield on Jan 23, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Sue.

236. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Titus,
    Actually I have had a “career ending” injury. I was on the track to pitch for a division 1 university and “blew” my knee out in a “slide” in my senior year in high school. I finished the game and we won the state tournament and I went on to play for a division 2 school. Sorry to disappoint you. Been there, done that.

237. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

WOW! Titus…. you seem to have a serious problem with me…is there a reason for this?

238. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Titus…. I porobably lost a “FULL” scholarship because I didn;t want to let my team down! When Brett had his ankle problems… all of the braodcasters msaid that any QB would have palyed with that injury in the playoff

239. By Ricefield on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

In Cutler’s defense, he didn’t do anything when he was playing and his replacement was even worse. The Thirdstringer finally got the offense scoring. This makes me think that Cutler was injured because he couldn’t do anything with offense and it doesn’t look good to upstaged by a thirdstringer. That’s a career killer, so I personally believe he was more injured than we know.

240. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

No Reply Titus? That’s pretty gutless after your posts…I still say thanks for keeping me on my toes… I lok forward to next season and GO TWINS!

241. By Ricefield on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Sue,

I can’t be certain, but there’s a poster that posts using the names of regulars and Titus is a favorite target of his.

Like I said, I can’t be certain but I think if it were the real Titus he wouldn’t have said those things and if he did he would reply.

242. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Ricefield, I agree Ctuler wasn’t getting it done, but I totally remember last year after that hit on Brett….I called my brother and said “We’re toast” and the next thing I know…he is back in there… and I had hope… I still have HOPE. Sorry Titus

243. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Ricefield, I hope
    you are right, cuz it didn’t sound like Titus…Thanks, Sue

244. By Ricefield on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

No problem.

245. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

All Viking Fans….. Thanks for the memories. I am done blogging on this site. I feel badly as alot of you are really great…..it is the “few” who have driven me off. I hope to see you on the “Twins” blog as I am a true fan….SKOL VIKES!!!!

246. By Frederick Jones on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

@Sue G

There have been alot of impersonators on this site.

247. By Frederick Jones on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Sportscastors said the Steelers offensive line was mediocre before the game. In the awards ceremony, the Steelers players and coaches were praising the offensive line.

Who was right?

248. By Frederick Jones on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Even though I have been critical at times (for not being able to give complete blogs, sometimes), it is great to have vikings.com.

Why?

Because you can put down your crazy thoughts that you might not say to anyone in person.

If someone asked me what the Vikings need next year, I would say they need to improve the offensive line, and get a stadium.

249. By Mike B on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

The only satisfaction I got out of this weekends football is that the Jets lost. I think it is only fitting after all the trash talk. Now on to watching the superbowl.

250. By Bob on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

We have a lot of catching up to do, we have to change our defensive strategy and get to the qb. I noticed many of the teams that win super bowl play an agressive 3-4 defense with a lot of exotic blitzes. Getting to the qb with just a four man front is the thing in the past teams will just pick us apart playing zone all the time. Rooting for tomlin our old defensive coach,he was smart enough to trash away the cover 2 system in pittsburgh.

251. By Titus on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Sue, I am not gutless to respond– I run a business, a non-profit, work in education, etc— I cannot sit on this blog 24/7. What do you want a response to?

252. By VIKING IN NEW HAMPSHIRE on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

folks,,, do you remember a long time ago what happend in baltimore with the colts leaving at 2 am in the morning and when dawn came the good people fo that city did not have a team !!! this can happen w/the vikings if the stadium deal does not get done. That would crush viking fans. lets get it done minnesota !!!!!!!!

253. By wispurplehead on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

@ Sue G Vikes…..which blog do you post on for the Twins? I like the Vikes and always have, but baseball is my real passion! Currently, I post on the Twins site on MLB.com. Hope you catch this post……til later!…. from TwinCrazy..

254. By Woodboat on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Lol…. some of you are ridiculous….

I don’t like Cutler, but to say he quit on his team is a freakin joke. He got CRUSHED by opposing defenses all season and stood in there and took the beating. Yeah, Sue, you tore up your knee in a softball game and finished…. good job outta you. How much cutting did you have to do in that game? Did you have to elude getting tackled? Did you have to plant in order to throw the ball 30 yards+ downfield? No, you didn’t. I’m sorry to single you out, there are plenty of people that come on here and blast players. The fact is that none of us have been in that position with that injury… dude tried and threw short on a 6 yard pass play… and you want him to stay in there.
    BTW, yeah he look disinterested…. he looks disinterested when he is winning by 30, too.

255. By Woodboat on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Singletary… grat hire, IMO. He may have fell short as a head coach, but as a motivator I don’t think we could have gotten a better man. Vernon Davis was a spoiled waste until he fell under Singletary’s thumb. Now he is argueably one of the best in the league.

I am stoked he’s on the team, and I don’t care what his interview process was like. It wouldn’t surprise me to find him in the DC spot if the defense struggles this season. Go Iron Mike!!!!

256. By Woodboat on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

@Bob…. Amen, brother. The Tampa 2 defense is junk without a couple shut down corners, of which we have zero.

The 3-4 defense is strong, but again, you have to have the right players. We don’t have 4 LBs on the squad that I’d feel comfortable fielding and depending on to take over the game. I like EJ and Greenway, but Leber is a step behind as is Erin Henderson, Brinkley, etc.

I’d have no problem with the team going LB in the draft if they can get some kid that plays with his hair on fire like Clay Matthews, escecially with Iron Mike coaching them up. Keep Jared, Kevin, and Edwards on the line… You’ve got plenty of back up in Guion and Robison. Still need corners, though. I believe that (I can’t spell it… ) AWESOME..WAAAHHHH (lol) from Oakland is a FA this year… could you imagine having that guy in purple?

257. By DRS on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Remember GB fans, according to you the NFC championship means nothing, it is the SB that counts and you do not have that yet this year! I think Pittsburg will be too much for you.

258. By Bob on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Yeah sick of the cover 2 zone they run 90 percent of the time. Besides the eagles game, hope pagac blitzes more often.

259. By aaron on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

i live in arizona and even though LA is closer then Minnesota i would hate to see them move! LA vikings would be terrible it has to be the Minnesota vikings! The Nfl would be different with all the announcers saying the Los angeles Vikings! come on minnesota

260. By Titus on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Nice post Woodboat. I have no idea what pain shot through Cutler every time he tried to plant his feet– we have no idea— What I asked myself today was– Would a player NOT want to go to the Superbowl?
    SUPERBOWL? SUPERBOWL? Are you kidding me? Let’s be serious– I do not know if Cutler quit, but it sure goes against ALL logic to think he did.

261. By fired childress on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

given the talent level in the nfc north, i see the Vikings with a losing record again, UNLESS we get at least 10 quality free agents and at least 2 draft picks that produce right away, otherwise the Vikings will own the celler again in 2011 and beyond

262. By Frederick Jones on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

i hate the vikings they suck

263. By Frederick Jones on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

i make out with my sister

264. By Titus on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

I believe the Vikes will be right back in it next season.

265. By fired childress on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

not with the team the way it stands

266. By fired childress on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

4-12 without a bunch of help from fee agency

267. By Titus on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

The team is already being rebuilt– great group of coaches. I see 10-6 easily.

268. By fired childress on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

even 10-6 would not be good enough for a wildcard, with Green Bay and Chicago in our division.

269. By Titus on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Possibly, but it would be a great rebuilding year, setting up for a divisional title in 2012. Anything is possible though– we may be in the Superbowl next season.

270. By Woodboat on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Gee, you are a pleasant little ball of anger today, fired lol
    Actually, if we go 10-6, it won’t matter who is in our division. Chances are some of are victories would come at the expense of the Bears and Packers, which would reel them in a bit. I don’t see the Bears repeating their exploits next year unless they really make some noise in free agency. Besides, wild card depends on where you sit in the conference, not in division. I remember back in the day when the Vikes, Lions, Bears, and Packers all made it into the playoffs when they and the Bucs were the NFC Central division.

By my count, you say we need at least 12 new starters to compete for the division next year? Over half of our starters need to leave? Really? Name them, please, because I can’t come up with 12 guys that individually ruin this squad. We need a QB, LT (rearrange the guys we have and it would be serviceable), CB, SS, FS. That’s 5 guys as a minimum. With the right 5 and what we have, we could contend. Name the other 7 guys that are so awful they need the axe.

271. By Titus on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Do you know what I find so ironically amusing? All season, everyone was screaming that it was Childress who ruined our continuation of the 2009 season– that with a different coach we would have won the Miami game, several others and be in the Superbowl. Now, we have new coaches and much of the same team is in place– and people cry we will be fodder for years to come. Which is it? Coaches or players? Who do you blame? Oh, I know, blame the parking.

272. By Stoney on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Frederick Jones; Your last post explains alot!

273. By l EMPiiRE l on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Okay, whoever is impersonating Frederick Jones is annoying…

274. By Maximus on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Finally! What a breath of fresh air! A head coach that wants to share ideas and in-put from the staff that HE has surrounded himself with and apparently keep his ego (if there is much of one), out of it. Childress was dysfunctional and had very strange way’s of relating to his staff. Thank you Lord that Frazier stayed with us and now has his chance. If you stop and consider that the Vikes have been a gateway for coordinators to move on to head coaching gigs that have resulted in Super Bowl Championships, then maybe…MAYBE Frazier is the one we didnt let get away. I for one am excited to see what Frazier can do.

275. By Titus on Jan 24, 2011 | Reply

Amen Maximus. Amen.

276. By The Troll with No Name on Jan 25, 2011 | Reply

I’m sorry I Empiire.

It’s all because my mom stopped giving me sex. And now, she says I have to move out of her basement. You have no idea how hard it is for a 360 lb man to get laid. And finding a new place when you’re on the sex offenders list is no picnic either.

I’ll do what I can to stop impersonating people but you wouldn’t want to be me either.

277. By Maximus on Jan 25, 2011 | Reply

Titus!”Outta curiousity tell me why you think the Vikes will be “right back in it”. I like your enthusiasim, but Webb left all on his own?! I dunno.10-6?… why? considering QB. Aside from Hutch n Shiancoe our O line SUCKS! A lot of holes my friend. What will MNF look like with a team that doesnt even have a chance to compete?Maybe McNabb could help.

278. By andrew8907 on Jan 25, 2011 | Reply

The Rams, Chargers and Jags make the most sense for L.A. Jags wouldn’t have to change divisions as its still southern territory, Chargers are a really close option, Rams already in NFC west, Vikings would require total overhaul of divisions, ruin the integrity of the game, kill rivalries, and fold the NFL as a business completely, p.s. Zygi said the Wilf family will sell the team if it comes to relocating, they don’t want their name marred by relocating a 50 yr old franchise.

279. By Woodboat on Jan 25, 2011 | Reply

Relocation: I believe that the Wilfs will do what is best for the team, and that is playing in a new facility. One in Minn. is vastly preferable to one in LA, but you gotta do what you gotta do. IF they move, it isn’t like the Browns moving to Baltimore in the middle of the night… Minn. has had plenty of warning and plenty of chances to keep the team.

Titus: I think the answer to your question is “both”. It was Childress and it was the players. Spielman went out and got the players that Childress wanted for his squad… guys that fit what Brad wanted to do. Those players haven’t worked out in a lot of cases, in many they did. Is anyone gonna blast Chilly for going to Percy Harvins house and talkin to his folks about their sons character, then drafting him? I’m not; it was a good move and I tip my hat to Brad for doing it. I’m assuming that Frazier had and will have the same type of pull with Spielman. Lets hope he has more successes than Chilly did.

Maximus: Yeah, our O Line is bad. I think Sully will be ok and Hutch still has a few good years in him. I’d like to see the team replace Loadholt with McKinney in the RT spot, maybe move Loadholt to RG, and draft a stud LT. That would shore up the protection considerably. I don’t think Webb is gonna be our starting QB this season… although I’d rather they wait til next year and sell out for Andrew Luck, I’d bet the house payment that they go QB with their first pick.

280. By Howard on Jan 25, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings need a QB, not some has-been coach who lost more games then the Vikings-singletary, that’s almost funny

281. By wewantuhere on Jan 25, 2011 | Reply

WE WANT THE VIKINGS HERE DONT LEAVE US

282. By DannySmith on Jan 25, 2011 | Reply

Draft Bruce Carter from north carolian Tar Heels !!!!

283. By vikesboy00 on Jan 26, 2011 | Reply

Football is NOT supposed to be played outdoors in MN in January! Look it up I did. Of the top 20 coldest games of all time 4 were in MN before the dome. 5 in Green Bay. If they had played in MN those days we would have those records too. The Ave low in Minneapolis is 10 degrees colder than GB on Ave and the record cold is about 20 degrees colder. It’s been proven that cold weather teams do not have an advantage at home in games played after Dec. 1st. LOOK IT UP. AND MOST OF ALL…. No one is going to tell me that in this day of free agency that all things equal, a player is going to pick a city in which they’re guaranteed to be playing in the COLDEST city in the NFL by far, that they’re going to want to come to MN over say Miami. The dome is responsible for attracting some big time free agents and no kid who grew up in LA, played for USC and has played in warm weather his whole life is going to pick MN over a ton of other options if everything else is equal BECAUSE OF THE COLD. You’re idiots if you think differently. The game is NOT supposed to be played in 20 below.

284. By James Markert on Jan 26, 2011 | Reply

Vikings, Don’t move.

285. By Gubber on Feb 10, 2011 | Reply

NFL Hall of Fame linebacker. Known for his intensity and ferocity. Exactly what the doctor ordered. Hopefully he can translate it onto the field in the players attitudes and disposition. Absolutely hates to lose !!!

2. Jan 21, 2011: Frazier: Adding Singletary A “Coup” For Organization | Vikings Stop Blog