Stanford QB Andrew Luck Will Not Declare For 2011 NFL Draft

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 6, 2011 – 1:50 pm

Those of you hoping the Vikings would find a QB in the 1st round of this year’s NFL draft should be disappointed to learn that Stanford QB Andrew Luck – widely considered to be the top prospect in this year’s draft – has decided to remain in school instead of leaving early for the NFL.

This weakens the depth of this year’s QB draft class and could make it that much more difficult for the Vikings preferred player to fall down to #12 overall. I don’t know who the Vikings like in terms of QBs in this year’s draft, but ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr. released his latest Big Board recently and here’s where he has the next several QBs ranked: Blaine Gabbert at #9, Cam Newton at #13, Ryan Mallet at #17 and Jake Locker at #25.

It’s still early yet and NFL personnel guys will shift their rankings and preferences slightly once the college all-star games and the annual NFL Scouting Combine concludes, but it’s still fun to follow the updates day-by-day. On top of that, who’s to say the Vikings will indeed select a QB in the 1st round?

155 Responses to “Stanford QB Andrew Luck Will Not Declare For 2011 NFL Draft”

1. By vikings4life on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

NO i hope they dont if we have a chance we should take Peterson the CB or Prince the CB both bigger then 6’0 and we need a shutdown corner so that our pass rush can get to the qb with cedric griffen back next year and hopefully antione stays if we had Chris cook and Either of those two cb’s we would turn into a great secondary and its clearly something we need. If they are taken then we should go DT or OL

2. By Saddy on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Can we get Champ Bailey, pay him what we paid for Brett. Trust me just getting Champ Bailey and Cedric Griffin on the other side, picking up a OL like Nate Solder, Gabe Garimi in our 1st pick draft would take vikings to superbowl next year.

Do not let Champ Bailey off the hook, please please

He has shutdown Reggie Wayne, Bowe, Fitzerald and other WR’s and he can give us turn overs which can win matches.

Pick up Kyle orton or just use Joe Webb, AP

3. By TradeForOrton on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

We need Josh McDaniels to run our offense.

4. By TradeForOrton on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Fix our oline with our first round pick. Trade for Orton. Orton and mix in Webb in the redzone and returning kicks and alittle WR. We got something fun that could get us back to 12-4 next year.

5. By Rogerthevikefan on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

As long as they don’t decide that Ryan the I’m a legend because my mommy said so Mallett is the next Flacco we should be fine.

6. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

How about this idea …

OC – Josh McDaniels
    OL coach – Tom Cable
    LB coach – Mike Singleterry

7. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

RB coach – Robert Smith
    QB coach – Rich Gannon

last 2 are kind of jokes but both smart players that might like coaching

8. By Carl K on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Offensive line coaches Pat Morris and Jim Hueber have been let go. QB coach Kevin Rogers also gone.
    Mike Wobs- any leads or thoughts on who the Vikings are interviewing for those jobs?

9. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

My guess is front office is waiting a bit because with no CBA, no need to pay people

10. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I think McDaniels is a big ego guy that wouldnt fit in a Frazier system

11. By Tim on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Was hoping he’d come out so we could get Mallett. Looking at all the QB’s ratings the last few years I don’t know what Kiper and McShay are smoking sometimes in their picks. Webb was actually better than Locker and others this year. Couple of their picks this year: Mizzou QB and Ponder are jokes in comparison to Webb let alone their rated even higher than Locker and even Mallett in some places.Champ and V.Jack should be the top 2 FA’s we pursue(other than our own of Rice, Greenway and Leber, possibly Edwards). Because of CBA it’ll be harder to draft, ie: draft a top corner then sign Champ instead of signing Champ and drafting something else. Be nice to have this fixed. Surprising Luck would give up what’s gonna be the last group of big rookie contracts and his guaranteed #1 status.

12. By AP28 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Roland will probably be the rb coach I hope we get a pass happy offensive coordinator that is not going to involve the west coast offense. Bevell might move to qb coach, which I think he should be out of the team plans.

13. By Carl K on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I hope this team doesn’t wait for new CBA agreement before it fills in the holes with the coaching staff. A solid coaching staff must be in place before we draft anyone. And the draft will go on with or without a new CBA deal.

Mike Wobs- May player are saying it is like a 90% chance of a lock out. If that happens what are the odds of the owners putting replacement player out on the field?

14. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Oh well. Since the Panthers cant get Luck I hope they will stay with Jimmy Clausen.

15. By Carl K on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@ shawn- I think Rich Gannon would make a good QB coach. I think he has even offered to help the Raiders but Al Davis laughed at him.

Mike Singletary as a LB coach – yea baby, but with that said I don’t believe EJ and Greenway need much coaching.

16. By DRS on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Like the last strike there will be replacements. It was fun seeing them play, there love of the game, and knowing they did not play for big $$$$, was nice for once. You would think the two sides would have learned their lesson.

17. By Seabass on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@ Carl K

Everyone needs good coaching, regardless of how good any player is. A good coach can go a long ways in just simply reminding the greats about certain things they may forget and keep them on good course. Also improving the younger players is always a plus. The best coaches turn good teams/players into great teams/players.

You probably were referring more to not needing Singeltary but if he is the best and meshes well to Frazier then I say go for it.

Im excited to see who Frazier brings in as coaches. I really believe that the firing of the OL coaches is a sign that our scheme will go back to man blocking as opposed to our (i believe) zone blocking. This will benefit our OL so much, it will utilize their strength more and is more AP’s style anyways.

18. By Carl K on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

If the Panthers stay with Jimmy, which I think they will now (McNabb or Hasselbeck might be good options for them)…it doesn’t change the draft much. Bills, Cards, 49ers, Titans, and Redskins will surely grab Newton, Mallett, and Gabbert. Locker will fall to the 12th pick, but do the Vikings like this kid?? Why did he look so good last year and so bad this year?

19. By Carl K on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I love the idea of getting the best coach or player available.
    Singletary would be a major upgrade… I can only hope and trust Frazier and the Vikings are atleast talking to coaches like Mike and Josh McDaniels.

20. By DRS on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Hasselbeck, Hasselbeck, Hasselbeck, for two years with Joe for 6+ years.

21. By DRS on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

#1 need linemen
    #2 need d-fence secondary
    #3 a veteran QB

22. By Seabass on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Im kind of not sure of Jake Locker either. I guess he could turn out to be an Arron Rodgers with even better legs but that is just a POSSIBILITY. You go back and look into his past stats, they are not totally amazing. A lot could be based off mechanics, technique, and basic potential. Even the fact that Locker’s team was awful and he was the only bright spot on Washington’s team which also could be true.

I just am not sure about Locker. One thing I know for sure is that he has a great attitude, work ethic, and good character which can go a long ways.

Hopefully I can eventually come up with a pretty solid conclusion but as of right now I am not able to nail whether I like him or not.

23. By seatownvikings on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

CARSON PALMER- there is no better veteran option out there in free agency this year. that man is dying to win a superbowl and doesnt have alot longer left in this league. he wants a team thats ready to win now and the vikings are with excellent receivers and running backs… none of which are cokky lil bas– tu- rds like TOCHO. Carson could lead us to dynasty land if we concentrate on the offensive line. and i say pick up albert haynseworth to replace pat. he just needs to be challenged. and i think leslie is the right personality to do that. and than BRING BACK MOSS rid ourselves of berrian. HARVIN RICE MOSS what better combo could any team ask for at WR Moss should finish his career in minnesota. he isnt as arrogant as he once was. all of these are good long term 5-6 year solutions if leslie can get this done THIS TEAM WILL BE A DYNASTY and if you notice most of this can be done in Free Agency and than focus on offensive line and DBs in the draft

24. By Justin on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Honestly, I can’t imagine the NFL using replacement players to play a full season. It’s either going to be a 2011 season with everyone playing, or no season at all.

25. By Lance on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I want Vick…period.

26. By Parody on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Lance, you’re going to be disappointed (dot) (dot) (dot) period. [end of sentence!]

27. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

NFL TOTAL ACCESS JUST ANNOUNCED JOSH MCDANIELS HAS INTERVIEW WITH VIKINGS THIS WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. By vikings4life on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Yup thats been out for a while shawn thats why people had said it earlier today haha but yea Josh would be a good fit as long as he doesnt hold too much power he is very bright beign from the Bellichik coaching tree. which is the bill parcells coaching tree so this guy knows what he is talking about many people forget Leslie was about to get the Denver job but they chose Mcdaniels and im sure they both talked to one another while they were deciding . NEVER EVER TRADE FOR ORTON HE IS JUNK IF I HAVE EVER SEEN. Seriously people stop posting about Palmer Orton Vince Leinart we do not need another situation were we get a band aid fix at quarterback we need a very young qb. Carl K earlier today you were hating on Locker and just wait he will be the best qb from this class no doubt Newton is very big

29. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Something for Vikings fans to look into and think about:

Former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels is expected to meet with the Vikings about the offensive coordinator’s job on Friday, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported. This is the latest indication that Darrell Bevell will be out as offensive coordinator. Vikings RapidReports

30. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

It was first reported on the cbs sports website!

HECK YEA!!!

SKOL VIKINGS!

31. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

About time we start to clean house and get rid of all the poison aka “Chilly’s Guys”

btw Frazier doesn’t count as one of Chilly’s guys even though chilly did bring him in, but I think Frazier is more of a Dungy’s Guy, but then again that is only my opinion so we’ll have to see if he (Frazier) can prove himself first.

32. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@ Shawn, I do agree that McDaniels is a HUGE upgrade over Bevell anyday! :)

33. By animal26 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

He’s interviewed with the vikings? awesome!!!!!

34. By Parody on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn – It looks like it would be a good choice for our OC. He doesn’t quite appear to have what it takes to be a head coach, but he has proven success below that level and would really help this organization, much like Tice helped out the Bears when he returned to the job that he excelled at.

35. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

That is great news about McDaniels, but I highly doubt Frazier would ever bash Chilly. He has too much class.

36. By Parody on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Now if we could get a good coaches at OL and QB to work underneath McDaniels we’re sure be firing on all cylinders again.

37. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

What is the talk about Palmer that keeps surfacing? I went to college a couple years near Cincinnati (it was before Palmer, but the Bengals are one of my secondary teams that I follow) and I have never been impressed with him as a quarterback. Please, no Palmer. I would almost take McNabb first, and I am not a big fan of him either. Yes, develop Webb, but I would like to see a seasoned winner on the quarterback roster.

38. By Robins on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

He is crazy! He could get hurt next year, or not do well with a new coach. This year he is number one! He is crazy!

39. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Robins, I assume your pronoun references Luck. He is crazy for finishing college and attaining a degree? Wow. Wisdom screams otherwise.

40. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Tom Cable has my vote for the O-Line coaching position. Bring in Singletary to coach/coordinate the defense maybe?!

41. By lovefromminnesota on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Maybe bring in Adam Weber to back up Webb.

42. By Carl K on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I was talking about McDaniels earlier today before I knew anything about the interview. The Kyle Orton trade story yesterday got me thinking about the Denver offense and I just put 2 and 2 together. Think about it… Orton and McDaniels might be a great fit in Minnesota. I love it when a plan comes together.

43. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Hey there is another Titus on here? The post about Clausen was not mine. This is the true Titus.

44. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@ the REAL Titus, Just like I heard there are different people claiming to be that Fred Jones guy too! SCARY

45. By Carl K on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@vikings4life – I don’t mean to trash on Locker. If he fall to the second round some team will probably get a steal. Last year I was happy when he went back to Washington because I was hoping the Vikes would get him this year. But you have to admit he had a rough senior year. He will fall in the draft (if that is trashing on him I am sorry) with that said you are right and he might turn out ok. Every year a QB slips down on draft day… I am afraid this is his year.. now it is not all his fault, he had very little time to throw the ball.. He had to run and throw the ball away a lot. He didn’t have a great WR either. He will be a nice pick in round 2. But I would rather have Orton in round 2. sorry

46. By Seabass on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Singletary is going to be interviewed also! Oh my Frazier is just rollin em in

47. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@ Purplenation, at least this Titus is not trying to damage my name– I think it is just a coincidence. But, don’t you think it would be more professional if this blog required everyone to stick with one username?

48. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Really, Singletary? They were teammates.

49. By mr smiff on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Kudos to Frazier for firing those losers. The special teams coach should be next.

50. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@mr smiff, the specials teams coach was one of the assistant coaches to be fired/let go! You’re late!

51. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@the REAL Titus, Amen, but with Mike W. you’ll never know if he’s able to get it together or keep them under control because he seems just as clueless as Klink/Poindexter/Chilly! :P ~(Just my Opinion)~

52. By mr smiff on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Was he, PurpleNation? I was out for a while, so I didn’t know. That’s great!

53. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

The only difference for the special teams coach was just that he would walk away quietly since the organization wasn’t going to resign/keep him and he knew it!

54. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Yea I just heard about Singleterry on NFL network, hes interviewing for LB coach

55. By mr smiff on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I could dig the idea of McDaniels being the OC. However, I’m not sure if that translates to Orton being a Viking. Tebow has shown great promise as a starter, but his affinity for running is going to get him hurt, like Vick. The Broncos may want to keep Orton as insurance in case that happens, like Kolb. We may have a better chance at getting Quinn, but for the record, I’m not wild about that.

56. By PercyHarvin on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Hope we get mcdaniels he has a high octane offense mentality from his patriot days under belechik he learned from the guru. Singletary would be a good signing for linebacker it doesn’t hurt to have some fire. We can’t expect every staff to be soft spoken and be like frazier everyone has there own demeanor and will bring a toughness. Bevell lacked experience and couldn’t compose a offense.

57. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

No, Purplenation, I was not endorsing Singletary, but there is a long history between Frazier and Singletary and it may have a subtle influence on Frazier’s hiring decision. Singletary seems very aggressive and hot-headed.

58. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I think the Pack and Bears are already in trouble for next season. Enjoy it now guys– Pack you may win one playoff game, Bears may go and get beat by the Patriots in Dallas– but the Viking boats are sailing soon.
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

59. By Rogerthevikefan on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Locker would be better than Mallett. He is 6’3 and mobile while Mallett is 6’7 and a living statue. If we sign McDaniels he would definitly want a qb that fits his offence which would likely be Jake Locker.

60. By vikings4life on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Carl K- Yea no its just frustrating how the media just one year is all over someone then the next year he doesnt do as well and he drops but i do admit not a good year for him which is reason to question but im not saying id like him to be a starter my vote is Joe he is got so much potential and hopefully has a great offseason and training camp, I do not like Orton just because he has been traded once already and now again obviously people believe he is the reason they dont win and look he left chicago and now bears are back in the playoffs(though i admit so many close wins and they are very lucky and overated dont expect them back next year.) but Tebow showed he could cary the team orton on the otherhand could not and if the Orton Mcdanields thing failed once why not again

61. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

@Purplenation, I misread your post– sorry- you said Mike, so I thought you meant Singletary. Yes, Mike W could have trouble organizing and improving blog procedures.

62. By DRS on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Young QB’s take time to mature in the NFL, do we have that time, I think we want and need wins now.

63. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

DRS, I agree. I think we can have our cake and eat it too. We can develop a young talent AND get a veteran QB to get us in the playoffs next season. With Adrian Peterson, we do not have time to waste– he is a rare gem and we need to get a Superbowl ring on his finger now.

64. By James on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

QB is #1 priority! I’m sold on Locker, yea he had an awful year but no OL, no WR, no RB, I mean come on. If he had players like AP, Sidney and an OL that can protect him more than washington did, I think he will be pretty good. But I do think that they should grab an OL with their 2nd pick. But on Getting Champ, I dont see it happening. Cost too much and we gotta resign Greenway, Sidney, and pay AP before going after him, but I do agree it would be awesome. And on a side note, I think losing Cedric early in the year was our biggest hit on D this year, should have never traded benny sapp. Just sayin lol

65. By DRS on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Titus, I agree with you. I do not know if age should be a question, if we have the talent on the line and in the secondary. Have a good O-Line and D-line with a secondary a good QB will get us to the SB with a win.

66. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

No, no, no I’m the real Titus. I used to call myself Be Sane and Serious but people were mean to me so I changed my name. God I wish Mike W. would fix this problem.

67. By DRS on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

How can we know who U are if U change names? That is Bloging.

68. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

“theme from jaws”………………..

69. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

EVERYONE……OUT OF THE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

70. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Get a life Titus impersonator– this people were mean to me and stuff– this fellow is not the true Titus. What a sorry existence. Not able to speak with your own voice, but imitate others– then again, they say imitation is the highest form of flattery. Sorry, little man, you cannot equal the real Titus, but thanks for trying. You try all you want. No worries to me, but you may stunt your growth. Learn to walk with your face in full view, then you can be called a Roman.

71. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Chilly has $crewed this team so bad, it will be a miracle if we can rebound in 1 year.

72. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Now I’m going to have to think of a new one. Oh well, since I have no life, girlfriend, or any friends for that matter I will have plenty of time to think of one. Hey, what does everyone on here think I should call myself? I’m leaning towards Pretentious A-ss

73. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Titus, ignore them, they will go away.

74. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I’m trying to, I can’t help it though. I need everyone to know I’m the real Titus.

75. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Hey Nova, how is my favorite, Sonja?

76. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Nova, it does not bother me– if you met me in person, you would see I have a lot of people around me that try to emulate me. It’s a form of flattery.

77. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

So many people want to be me that I have to lock myself in this basement and spend all my time on this and many other blogs.

78. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

anyone actually on here still at this hour of the night??

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

She is starting to show her age . I know that one should never give away a girl’s age, but 11 is old for a Dobey. She is having back problems, the dampness doesn’t help.Been through this before with a Shepherd. Keep your fingers crossed.

80. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

well, Titus, since you posted 4 things in a row, I’m assuming there’s not too many others on here, lol.

81. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I thought the final 6 games our defense showed more willingness to blitz, and created some opportunities. I felt our D-coordinator did a decent job of hiding some players that were a severe drop off from Griffin and Winfield. IF the Vikes are talking with Singletary, I love the guys passion and fire. We have to get some secondary guys to help him be successful. If McDanials and Cable would have an interest in O.C. and O-line coach we could have a solid staff. I wonder if the Vikes would consider Gradkowski of the Raiders for QB? I know Nova likes Carson Palmer, and Shawn adores Randy, but one or both will need a lot of money.

82. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Nova, is your dog ok?

83. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie, I have a small fly or gnat that is impersonating me– a few of those are not mine. Can’t you tell? A true Roman never whines.

84. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie, surely your sister has come clean by now!

85. By Pretentious A-ss on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

There, it’s done. Titus is no longer. Everyone should know that the person saying he is Titus, is not. I’m the real Titus. I mean Pretentious A-ss.

86. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Oh, Nova, keep us posted on her condition.

87. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I’ll pray for Sonja, I’m a confessed dog lover.

88. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

ah, Titus, I see. I thought you were being facetious.

89. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

you’re still trying Nova, huh? lol. I don’t think she’ll ever confess. hope your dog is ok :)

90. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

will the real Titus please stand up? lol.

91. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

The true Roman is relaxing before bed, I have a big day tomorrow. Nova, take care of Sonja, give her a prime rib bone. Stephanie, good night.

92. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

goodnight Titus!

93. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Goodnight real Titus. Goodnight Mary Ellen. Goodnight John Boy…

94. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie: What is the Packer talk up in your neck of the woods?

95. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Steph, Sonja is suffering the same fate that afflicts big dogs, back problems. They are very common in Dobermans. I’ts funny that little dogs, like poodles, live 6-9 years on average longer than big dogs.

96. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I just saw that had Luck come out, he would have been looking at a possible $50 million guaranteed. I know people talk about the CBA limiting rookie contracts, but it seems whether it is MLB, NBA, or now the NFL. Everyone throws that bluff out there, but the money seems to improve after the deal is done. Too much money all the way around to take some of this talk seriously.

97. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I’ve decided to stick around and talk with everyone some more. It turns out my busy day isn’t so busy. I vow to everyone I WILL find this impersonator then, off with his head it will be. Because I’m a true Roman.

98. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

sorry to hear that Nova. I know pets become like members of the family. hope she feels better! Arrow, some Packer fans are thinking they’re going all they way. other Packer fans are more cautious about making predictions. I think they have a shot at the Eagles, but if they have to play at the Falcons it could be tough…at least I hope it is, lol.

99. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Nova it is good to see your on here. You must have been busy with work, or thoroughly frustrated with the Viking performances at the end of the season.

100. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Titus, what’s with the “true Roman” stuff?

101. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Titus: Are you responsible for the doughnuts at the big meeting in the morning?

102. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Hows EVERYONE in VIKINGS NATION doing?

103. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Nova, is it 2:00 AM by you?

104. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Nova, are you falling asleep at the computer? lol.

105. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I’ve figured it out. Titus went to USC. His real name is……..Reggie Bush.

106. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I’m thinking of this……the packers vs vick….did anyone notice I didn’t capitalize anything? The Hate Bowl.

107. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

be right back…I’m getting ready for bed…

108. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

PurpleNation: Welcome.

109. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

lol Nova!

110. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Good to see you Arrow, it’s been hectic. Good to talk to everyone.

111. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie: Don’t leave men with that picture in their heads…we can only focus on one thing at a time.

112. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

I hope everyone is doing fine, I’m a little concerned about my dog.

113. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

It doesn’t take a football guru to know the packers will lose the first round to the eagles, but what really s-u-c-ks is I don’t like any of these playoff teams so why can’t they all lose?!! :(

114. By PurpleNation on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

btw Thanks Arrow86 for the welcome! :D

115. By Arrow86 on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

If anyone google searches vick’s legal issues, you know he’s staying in Philly. This guy has lost enough money to make a dozen people wealthy for life, and there is still a long line of people waiting to get paid. I think the Eagles are in trouble. The Vikes exposed some things. The Pack has a more athletic and aggressive defensive unit. Vick hit the pack with an element of suprise in week 1, but he’s not suprising anyone now. Atlanta really is the team to beat, New Orleans is the first Wild Card team to ever get a buy week in the playoffs.

116. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

You guys didn’t know? I’m a true Roman, I’m better than everyone else, and everyone wants to be me. Now if only everyone else outside this blog knew it. Except I don’t know anyone else. Hey can I meet you guys? We’ll hang out, you can introduce me to your wives, girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends. I need mre people to know I’m a true Roman.

117. By Stephanie on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

arrow, lol. well I just washed my face, so not much to think about!

118. By Titus on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Silly me I misspelled “more”. That’s not like me to make a mistake. True Romans don’t make errors in spelling. If you don’t hear from me tomorrow it’s because I’m punishing myself.

119. By Arrow86 on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Nova: With all the ice where I’m at I’ve had to stay up with my dog and rub her down, as her slipping on ice all day while I’m at work occassionally aggravates her joints. I have 1 sick day in 21 years and it was to take my dog to the vet. Sonja knows you love her, and that will ease a lot of her pain.

PurpleNation: I know my previous post would make a person think I love the packers, which I do not. I’m not being argumentative, but what do you see in Philly that leads you to think they’ll prevail over the Packers?

120. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Arrow, I agree completely. Falcons in the SB, Sh1thawks blown out.

121. By PurpleNation on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Thinks the FAKE Titus is starting to bore EVERYONE ELSE on here

122. By Stephanie on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

I honestly think the Packers are favored more than the Eagles, but I do think that Vick was hampered against the Vikings b/c he was injured early in the game. so if he’s healthy Vick could be dangerous. unfortunately one of them has to win!

123. By Arrow86 on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie: Thank God! My mind was wandering, and I was hearing some Barry White in the background….

124. By Titus on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Hey Stephanie, what are you wearing to bed? Need any help from the true Roman?

125. By PurpleNation on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

@ Arrow86, the Packers not having a good/consistent running game will be their downfall in the post season/playoffs

126. By Arrow86 on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Titus: Picture a silky purple toga!

127. By Arrow86 on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Purple: Point well taken. Some games Kuhn and Jackson are decent.

128. By Stephanie on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

arrow, that is hilarious! Gotta love Barry White…honestly I wear a t-shirt and pajama pants to bed. nothing to dream about, lol.

129. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Steph, your’re right, it’s 2:07 here . All you guys TAKE CARE.

130. By Titus on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

I’m picturing it and now I’m going to bed. Goodnight all.

131. By Arrow86 on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

The Vikes really dropped off in the Division. 2009 they were 5-1, 2010 they were 1-5. I’m more concerned about the Pack and the Lions than Chicago.

132. By Stephanie on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

purple, that’s true about the running game of the Packers, although their defense has saved them a couple times this year. I think it’ll be a close game.

133. By PurpleNation on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

GB is going to be too one dimensional against the eagles and it doesn’t take a genius to know where/who sharon is throwing the ball to, so what Andy and staff need to do is teach/preach hard to their secondary about reading, reacting, and how to jump WR routes!

THAT IS KEY ^

134. By Arrow86 on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie: Easy for you to say..LOL

135. By Titus on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Goodnight Titus

136. By Stephanie on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

goodnight Nova, nice chatting with you as always :)

137. By Arrow86 on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

PurpleNation: Hasn’t the Eagles secondary been depleted with some injuries as well? Joselio Hanson is a rookie. Ellis Hobbs may be forced into retirement due to his neck injury.

138. By Stephanie on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Hey guys, I think I’m going to bed now. I’m getting pretty tired.

139. By Arrow86 on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Goodnight Titus and Nova: Hope to see your thoughts on here again soon.

140. By Stephanie on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

see you on here next time, whenever that is!

141. By PurpleNation on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Sooner or later jackson will catch a deep one or if the running game is successful early it wouldn’t surprise me to see a few long runs from the eagles rb mccoy

142. By Titus on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Where did everyone go? I’m so alone now.

143. By PurpleNation on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

If all else fails the eagles just better hope they can come up with lots of exotic blitz that they’ve never used/shown before to confuse sharon and then hopefully knockout sharon like what the ain’ts did to favre last year in the nfc championship game :)

144. By PurpleNation on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Eagles defense better just blitz all day and hope for success because they have too many injuries on defense to play coverage against GB to let sharon sit back and get comfortable in the pocket

145. By PurpleNation on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Good Night Stephanie!

146. By purplerainman on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

I’d love to see Josh McDaniels at OC. He owes us any for breaking our ’98 Offensive scoring record. Hire Josh, he knows offense, and he’s very smart.

147. By purplerainman on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

Get Mike Singletary here to!

148. By purplerainman on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

too

149. By SmileyStar on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

FYI Brett Favre Sweepstakes, Four Losing Teams No. 4 Could Take To Super Bowl

Favre will probably be back next year, but not as a Viking.

150. By SmileyStar on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

“Regardless which team wins the Brett Favre sweepstakes, it won’t be the Minnesota Vikings, who are destined to be a bottom dweller for years to come due to mismanagement. What a waste of talent!” ~ Bleacher Report

151. By animal26 on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

This actually helps us in picking a good QB prospect later in the draft. The Vikings will be able to address some weaknesses on this team. They would use the first 3-4 picks to pick for the Offensive line, secondary, a Receiver, and maybe even a running back. If we were to move Toby to fullback. That would lead us to getting Mark Ingram. That would be an awesome 1,2,3 punch. Adrian Peterson and gerhart in the backfield together and Ingram and Gerhart. Teams would really have to worry about our running game. What dose everyone else think about the vikings getting Ingram and putting Gerhart as our fullback?

152. By stew on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

@animal26 i think we have much bigger needs than a RB to help the running game!

153. By Matt on Jan 11, 2011 | Reply

excluding the QB, the offense if fine; we need to grab a QB, then finish the leaks on defense….. Pat Williams is most likely up for retirement and there has been some issues with the DBs

2. Jan 6, 2011: Stanford QB Andrew Luck Will Not Declare For 2011 NFL Draft | Vikings Stop Blog
  3. Jan 7, 2011: Josh McDaniels, Mike Singletary To Interview With Vikings « Purple Pants, Green Jersey