Harvin To Work Out With Charles Woodson During Offseason

Posted by cjsiewert on January 4, 2011 – 2:25 pm

Monday marked the first day of the offseason for the Vikings, as players cleared out their lockers at Winter Park while chatting with reporters.

As Vikings WR Percy Harvin was making his exit from the team’s practice facility, he spent a few minutes explaining to reporters his thoughts on the 2010 season as well as his personal evaluation of his own performance.

“Personally, I thought I took a couple steps forward,” Harvin said. “Even though we didn’t achieve our team goals, personally, a lot of the coaches and a lot of the players, (Jets CB) Darrelle Revis, (Packers CB) Charles Woodson came to me and they gave me great compliments. Yesterday, the Lions coach gave me great compliments so I think I made a stride in the right direction. I’ll go address myself and see where I need to work to be that much better.”

And getting better in the offseason is going to be a treat in its own right as Harvin acknowledged that he would be working out with a 13-year veteran CB who’s covered some of the greatest receivers to play the game.

“We actually had a quote from Charles Woodson, he told me that I was one of the best players he ever went against,” Harvin said. “I took that as a tremendous honor, so me and him will get together this offseason and work on some things.”

Harvin noted that he and Woodson haven’t worked out arrangements because the Packers are preparing for the postseason, but once the season is over they will “address it from there.”

Tags:
Posted in All, CJ Siewert | 138 Comments »

138 Responses to “Harvin To Work Out With Charles Woodson During Offseason”

1. By packerfanfirst on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Tell me again, where’d the Vikings end up in the Division standings. Haaa, ha, ha. That’s what I thought you said.

2. By Chris on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Congrats to Harvin on another great season, he remained solid and worked hard all year. Most consistent player on the team, in my opinion.

Great Job!

3. By GMan on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Go Los Angeles Vikings!!!! Waa-hooooooo!

4. By John on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Why are Packers fans on here?

5. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I’m glad that some of the coaches of teams that didn’t play well are keeping their coaches. Marvin Lewis is a class act with a bunch of ego’s and delinquents. I was suprised to see Oakland dump Tom Cable. The team swept their division. I do wonder if Jerry Jones is waiting to see if Jeff Fischer will become available? We have the right guy in Frazier. We need to re-evaluate position by position.

6. By HEALEY20 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

i think harvin’s the man givin all hes been through we can always count on him to give hia all hes bar far one of my favorites of all vikings history

7. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Well said Chris. He fights for every inch. John, Packer fans are chimps, we can ignore those dopes.

8. By ygirl on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Packer fans are on here #1Because we’re the Greatest fans #2 Because we love hearing you all feeling sorry for yourselves. #3 And best of all we Love that you really thought you were going to a Superbowl with a washed up old man who cares only about himself. Now he tore your team apart and it’s off to Hattisberg.
    And by the way how did that little experiment work? 4 trips to the SB, 4 losses and you thought you’d get there with #4. Have a happy offseason!!! And why don’t you just get used to the Packer fans cuz we’re everywhere, we don’t crawl into the woodwork when things aren’t going so good

9. By CaribooBill on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

the reason why Packer fans come onto our website and, probably, other teams’ as well, is something called Schadefreude. It’s a psychological condition that derives perverse pleasure from the pain and/or misfortune of others. One can only wonder at the pathetic psyches of such individuals.

10. By CaribooBill on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

The reason why Packer fans come onto our website and, probably, other teams’ as well, is something called Schadenfreude. It’s a psychological condition that derives perverse pleasure from the pain and/or misfortune of others. One can only wonder at the pathetic psyches of such individuals.

11. By CaribooBill on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

The reason why Packer fans (and others like LAVike) come onto our website and, probably, other teams’ as well, is something called Schadenfreude. It’s a psychological condition that derives perverse pleasure from the pain and/or misfortune of others. One can only wonder at the pathetic psyches of such individuals.

12. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

ygirl: I don’t go to the Packer site, because Packer fans obviously don’t know diddly squat about football when they refer to Favre as a washed up old man. If you accidently learned something about the game, Favre might have had his best season, if we’d have had an O-line and his recievers. You disrespect yourself by being so ignorant.

13. By Ham on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

CaribooBill it’s starting to make sense now. Is there hope for them? Can they be fixed before they go punch a homeless guy or something?

14. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

ygirl contradicts herself with her final statement: “e don’t crawl into the woodwork when things aren’t going so good”

If that were true, then we would have heard from her before this post. The fact that it’s not true destroys all her credibility and proves Cariboo’s point of Schadenfreude. It really is a despicable way to live.

15. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I didnt know there were packer fans until they got Favre … they must have been hiding some where

16. By moorevikes on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

because they are f-uckin losers with nothing better to do. plain and simple

17. By Saddy on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Ygirl – Don’t be so jumpy , come talk to us after the beating packers get this Sunday.

Also last year I didn’t see you in this blog which wood were you crawling under, the washed up old man you refer to actually embarassed Puckers last year twice.

Also the very young QB of yours lost your season against cardinals.

Tell your QB not to run into CB’s he might be in mental hospital if he does that often sitting next to you in the same hospital that you are currently in.

18. By 50 years both of us on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Packer fans are on here because they have no life except for the Packers and peeing themselves while watching the Packers

19. By xmasboy on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I BLEED PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. By T.J. on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

PACKER FANS COME ON HERE CUZ THEIR SECRET VIKINGS FAN. AND FOR ANY PACKER FAN TO THINK THE PACKERS ARE GONNA BEAT THE EAGLES OR THINK THE PACKERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL. THINK AGAIN. ATLANTA IS GOIN TO THE SB. VICK WILL RUN ALL OVER THE PACK. AND OUR WASHED UP OLD MAN IS THE REASON THE PACKERS WON THE SUPER BOWL IN 96.

21. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Wow Mallet already has shown skill … he called and won the coin toss

22. By Rick on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Ya get off our blog cheese whiz, Sill purple ALWAYS PURPLE!!!

23. By Titus on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

GO PACK GO. Please. Go.

24. By paul on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Packers will sign Sidney Rice as a free agent this year, Harvin in the very near future..

This web site may have the Vikings logo on it but face the facts , it belongs to the PACHER FANS.

25. By paul on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Make that PACKER FANS

26. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Mallet just responded to an Ohio State TD … with his own TD pass

27. By DRS on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Hay meat packers, it will be good seeing you lose and be at the bottom with the bears next season, your old wash up QB will be next to be betrayed by your team. We all know how you treat your personal; you force them out so that you do not have to pay them. Looking forward to your next lost soon, GB 1 and out, have fun!

28. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

well they called back the last TD so Mallet on the next play throws another TD

29. By Titus on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

When the Packers lose, whether it’s this Sunday or the following– why don’t all the Viking fans just take a little trip to the Green Bay Blog?

30. By DRS on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Sounds Good to me. Ask about there up comeing picks.

31. By Ricefield on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Because I refuse to mingle with the un washed mass es, that’s why!

If I want to feel dirty, I’ll go out on the corner and sell myself, thank you very much.

32. By Titus on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

If the Packers win, would they face Chicago or Atlanta? I think the Pack have a decent chance at Philly, but after that, they will be spit out.

33. By Titus on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think there is any activity on their blog, so they come over here looking for human contact.

34. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

we should just sit on their blog and act like those guys that think the world is ending with every incomplete pass

35. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

you know of us could be old packer and paul packer

36. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

old packer and packer school lol

37. By DRS on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

How about old school packer? LOL.

38. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

i like it

39. By DRS on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

See U-all. Good night and have fun.

40. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

mallet looks good but his reciever look like hank baskett and bernard berrian

41. By animal26 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

we dont have to do that Titus. We have a lot more class then those packer fools.

42. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

This Pryor kid looks pretty good to … from Ohip State

43. By oneyedvike on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

this is hilarious… I was on access vikings site and got so tired of the packer posts that i went to the greenbay gazette for a little payback… but i suddenly felt pathetic and just came here for the first time looking for a little relief and in the first few posts realize they’re here too. this is a true story. amazing. so hey packer fans on here, which one of you is snacky, gopackgo12, buckdharma, summergirl, or jennsterger?

44. By Robins on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Packer fans are idiots! They had the greatest Packer of all time and kicked him out. They booed him instead of cheering for him when he came back as a Viking! He just wanted to play football! He loves the game! I was born a Packer fan and am now a Viking fan forever. The Viking organization, coach, fans, and players have my complete respect. The packer organization, coach, players and fans disgust me. They had the best and never deserved him. I wish he had been a Viking his whole career. Vikings will be back and beat the packers like last year. Brett, the greatest will be missed.

45. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

So anyone watching the Sugar Bowl? It’s not giving me much more faith in Mallett’s skills. The few times that he hit his receivers they were dropping the ball. Other times he sits in the pocket too long and has too omuch trouble making something happen when the pocket breaks down. With the problems we have at O-line, I don’t think that this Mallett kid will be a good fit for the Vikings.

That Pryor on the other hand was looking decent. Maybe I’ll get to see if Cam Newton would be better too when he plays next week.

46. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Parody … Baskett Jr. and Berrian Jr. have dropped 4 pa’sses that were on the money … and Im not sure but I think McKinnie Jr. is playing LT

47. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

and yes I had the same thought about him standing behind our line and getting hammered …. uts almost like watching Favre and our team in a lot of games this year but I think he looks good

48. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

and I am going to watch Newton next week … Monday night

Luck is clearly cream of the crop

49. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn – Yea I realized that, and that’s part of the problem! He’s going to have to be playing with their big brothers once he joins us, so it will be the same problems with a new team. I’d rather have a guy who can escape from the pressure and knows how to hit the guys who don’t drop the ball.

50. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Looks like a pretty deep QB class though … Pryor looks good tonight

Stanzi … might be our guy in the 5th round hes 6’4″

and Moore from Boise St is a 3 year starter but he is short 6′ not many 6 footers make it at QB

51. By lisa on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Packer fans need to realize what happened that first Vike/Pack game in Greenbay when the refs kicked our butts, that’s right the refs not the Packers. If that game were called correctly, well then the low life Pack fans wouldn’t be on this site because the Pack wouldn’t be in the play-offs. Funny how things work. One team gets all the breaks, the other doesn’t.

52. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

p.s. Why does Ohio cover their helmets in Marijuana leafs?

53. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

parody i hear ya … but you cant blame the qb for drops

54. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

cause its far out man ….

55. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

The QB has been playing with these guys for at least 3 months. He should know by now who is going to catch the ball. Defenses leave guys like Berrian and Lewis uncovered because they know that they can’t catch the ball even if it’s a perfect throw. On the other hand you have guys like Rice who fight for the ball and often come away with it even in tight double coverage. A good QB will know that and take a chance every now and then.

56. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

lol yes parody … but that is unacceptable thinking at the NFL lvl , if a WR cant catch you cant blame the QB he has enough to worry about

CUT THE WR …

Mallet has coaches and that should worry about personnel , YOU CANT BLAME THE QB FOR DROPS

57. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Its funny I didnt hear anyone using that logic when favre had the same problems … WR issues and OL issues is what I heard , never was it Favre should know he cant throw to Berrian or Baskett

58. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Mallet is doing his job … the people around him are not, in fact Mallet has looked frusterated last 2 drives

59. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

how about that throw parody?

60. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

LoL – That was a pretty nice toss. Did you notice that he got the ball out quick that time? That’s something that I think has been missing with our QBs…they hang on to the ball too long hoping that someone will get open. Our receivers just aren’t good enough to do that, so you have to throw it to the small area on the field that the defenders can’t cover – that little hash between the receiver’s shoulder and the sideline. If you don’t do it soon enough, the play will be too far downfield for anybody to get it there accurately.

So tell Mallett to keep that stuff up and I’ll start to swing in his favor.

61. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Hey All, This is my last post of the season. I have been defending Brett all season against these “sexual harrassment” allagations all season….but no more! Jen Sterger was one thing….with her putting ”everything out there”…. but these massage therapists did nothing to ‘ask for it”. I have been a Farve fan for 16 years…..but no more. I feel that if he weren’t distracted by the alllegations, he would have had a much better season. He brought this on himself. Don’t get me wrong… I think he was a great QB… just not a great man,

62. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

To be honest I have been liking Mallett’s ball placement, but I have been trying to be as critical as I can. It would be a lot harder to be critical if he had better receivers out there tonight.

@Sue – I know you said it was your last post…but are you really certain that the massage therapists are legit and not just trying to grab a share of the blood money? There’s a lot of shifty people out there, and they tend to always show up when an opportunity like this arises.

63. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

bah sue your being to ha’rd on the guy … he did nothing wrong, he may have showed hes human but we all are

64. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

do we live in a society that flirting has become a crime … its just nonsense

65. By Robert Snow on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Really? Packer fans get on here and flame this? Ok you guys made the playoffs and we didnt this year. SO WHAT big freaking deal. Yall had a decent year and we didnt. Grow up

66. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

The next thing we’re going to hear is a complaint from Brett’s shoe polisher: “I polished his shoes every month, and he insisted on wearing them while I polished them. The nasty part about it was that he always wore baggy shorts without any underwear….I swear he just wanted to flash his unit at me every chance he got! He should pay me $50k for having to look at that thing dangling in front of twelve times a year!!”

…people will come after him for anything and everything now that the flood gates have been opened.

67. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Brett sexually harrased me 15 years ago ….

68. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

He raped my team for 17 years! Just TD after TD! He kept on ramming it in there….oh why doesn’t a figurative situation count?

69. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

brett se’x’u’ally har’ra’sed me my sophom’ore year in high school

70. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

lol that was tough cant say sopho’more

71. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Parody and Shawn,
    You got me! I didn”t think that “Jen”s” allegations were legit. I think it was a 2 way street. The masage therapists supposedly didn’t text him back and a husband called him and asked for an apologly. Supposedly he said somethin like” I don’t have to apologize to the ” little people”. I know this is all alllegalitively… but they have to have some evidence to bring it to court. You guys have to underswtoand woe hard this is for me to accept, cuz I am a huge Farve fan.

72. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

He raped my team for 17 years! He kept on thrusting and ramming it in there. Just TD after TD! …oh why doesn’t a figurative situation count?

73. By PAUL M. on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

NOT A GOOD IDEA TO WORK OUT WITH WOODSON, PERCY.

YOU ARE TRULY A GIFT TO VIKINGS NATION, PERCY. AND THANK YOU FOR PLAYING EVERY GAME LIKE A CHAMPION WOULD. THAT, IN MY BOOK, MAKES YOU A CHAMPION.

IN MY VIEW, WE & PACKERS NATION HAVE A FIERCE RIVALRY, AND WITH ALL RESPECT FOR CHARLES W. — HE IS A FIERCE RIVAL.

SO IF YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OVER HIM NOW, PERCY, THEN WHY GIVE HIM THE OPPORTUNITY TO CALIBRATE YOUR MOVES; TIMING; SPEED & OTHER IDIOSYNCRASIES DURING THE OFF SEASON?

74. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Yea I got tripped up by the hòmo hiding inside the sophomõre once. It took me about half an hour to figure out. They’re tough sometimes.

75. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

ok here is my negative on Mallet …. he will need a better than average OL, hes not very mobile … hes about as mobile as peyton manning , would love him if he could be as smart

76. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

paul m that could work both ways …. plus players use these friendships as recruiting advantages in free agency

and Percy working out with a potential Hall of Fame CB is a good thing , you get better by going against the best

77. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

lol Sue … NO THEY DONT NEED EVIDENCE … THATS SOME BS LAW AND ORDER MAKES YOU BELIEVE

78. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

The only thing they need for trial is an accusation …. THATS ALL THEY NEED AND THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

You guys are crazy……. Can we pleeeeze be a little bit normal ? Could we please get a McNabb or Kolb? They could mentor Webb!!!!

80. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Sue why would Favre flirting make you not like him …. HE WAS FLIRTING!!!

I for one see our Justice system for what it is and that is a corporation, its all about money ….

81. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

the fact taxpayers have to pay for a he said she said case about flirting is absolutely insane, I wish people stopped believing in our injustice system

82. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I’m starting to think that Mallett is too strong for college. He throws it so hard that those kids can’t react fast enough or don’t have soft enough hands to catch it. It will be a good thing for the NFL though, as most of the good QBs rocket the ball into their receivers.

83. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Shawn Moore is 6′ but Drew Brees is about 5′ 10 1/2″, they just list him as 6′. Shawn stick with #12 at 12. If not Luck, Stanzi wears a #12. Eerie….

84. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

just keeping the options open Sue, Joe didnt blow me away in his 2 games , I havent given up on him but he hasnt blown me away either wouldnt hurt to have competition and if hes as good as we hope he will start and if not he will learn or he will play WR , we sure could use a WR

85. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Mallett can’t come to the Vikings. He’s had enough receivers go Edward Scissorhands on the ball the way it is now. Imagine if he had to throw to Berrian? He’d be insane by halftime.

86. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

yea Luck is the cream of the crop

87. By Better Run Through The Jungle on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I think it’s great that Percy is working out with Woodson!!!

He’ll be ready. The only question is: Will the QB have time to throw to him?

88. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

lol yea arrow i made a coment earlier about … Berrian Jr, Baskett Jr., and McKinnie Jr. all playing for Arkansas

89. By Better Run Through The Jungle on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Mike I want to know how our offensive line is going to improve in 2011?

90. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

wow what a game …

91. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

lol … classic Favre

92. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

same thing I was thinking Shawn – doesn’t look like the type of leadership we want on the team…he shuld have waited for a guy to get more separation towards the endzone, instead he threw it right at a defender, and for some reason the defender stuck to the ball that his receiver were dropping all day….I’d rather pin our hopes on Webb after what I saw today.

93. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Go after that Stanzi kid, and get some competition in there, or if Newton appears to be more reliable MAYBE we can give him a chance but I don ‘t want to waste a 1st rounder on this little piggy.

94. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

ok well , I would love to trade up for luck, im neutral on Mallet …. and Stanzi in the 4th or 5th sounds good

95. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Parody , Im thinkin im good with Webb …. and did you see that prima donna Pryor … ALL OF A SUDDEN HE NEEDS 2 GUYS TO CARRY HIM OFF THE FIELD … a la Kellen Winslow, I dont like Pryor anymore either

AND LOCKER IS NOT A QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta watch Newton Monday

96. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I still am wondering why Newton and Locker aren’t on your list…but I also would still prefer to get a vet in here to mentor Webb. If his career doesn’t happen to pan out, there will always be decent draft choices in after this year. It’s not as if we need to find a franchise in 2011 or be stuck without one for another decade. Who knows, Luck and some other guys might not even declare this year!

97. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I meant to say as far as Mallet is concerned Im good with Webb …. Luck still looked real good

98. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I watched Locker last night and he was 5-19 … thats not a good QB

99. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I didn’t see how bad his injury was, but he did have to sit out a play or two to get it wrapped up, so maybe the guys were carrying him off the field to take the pressure off his foot? Then again, maybe the team was just happy to beat the SEC for the first time in recorded history! Give them a break, they are still college kids. We shouldn’t expect them to be acting mature yet.

But I did hear Pryor talk, and it didn’t really sound like he had much of a leader quality to him.

100. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

OMG Terelle Pryor playing some sypathy tonight college girls look out for this poser

101. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

You need to get your head out of the clouds on that Luck issue. The only way that the Vikings are getting him is if we trade away AP, Harvin and Rice. I wouldn’t want to give one of them up for the outside chance that Luck has Tom Brady skills. So let’s just set our hopes on more realistic opportunities.

102. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Locker is under 60% completion in college, so in the NFL that Derek Anderson

103. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

lol parody … its still early, draft is 4 months away

104. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

and Im not real happy with Sidney Rice …. hes only had 1 good year and gets hurt all the time

105. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Well you better start becomming good friends with him nice and fast then and hook him up with your dealer, because that’s the only way that we’re going to have a prayer to sign him.

106. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I know …. I think Arrow had a plan

107. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

The entire team was getting hurt this year, so I don’t know that that is a fair complaint. Last year he gave us a lot of hope, and I would expect him to re-emerge in 2011. If not, we can cut him loose. But this year the entire team underperformed, and I think it has a lot to do with how lacksidaisical (yea I know that was horrible spelling) in the offseason. I expect Frazier to make that one of his first priorities in righting the ship.

108. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Sidney Rice 26 starts in 4 years … thats not even 7 games a year but 14 came last season

109. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I agree we need to franchise him this year, and he needs to prove something next year but … Ill be watching very closely and I hope the coach does to

110. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Let’s just hope that he earns a big contract at the end of 2011. We need an ace WR on this team again.

111. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I agree Rice has potential but , I blame him for a lot of our issues this season … he should have been ready to play

112. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Speaking of…do you really believe that Berrian will get his act back together? He spoke of the need to get back to form, but how much effort is he going to put into returning to show any worth again (aka 2007, 08 type numbers)?

113. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I hate Berrian , I never understood the signing … then he had the 99 yard catch and I relaxed a little and hes showed his true colors again …

I think Berrian would be a good #4 reciever but hes not a #3

114. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Yes he should have, but he was holding out for a bigger contract. The reason he didn’t get the contract was because of leadership. They wanted to spend every spare penny they could muster up to make sure that Favre came back one more year, even though it seemed he would have come back without a raise anyways. Leadership also didn’t put in nearly enough effort to keep the team in shape and connected to each other in the offseason. It all added up and showed big time when the season started back up. I hope that the new leadership can correct for these errors.

115. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

So if not Berrian, who is our #3? Do you think that there’s a free agent in the mix that could take the role?

116. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

O I forgot Tom Cable got fired , hes a good OL coach WEE NEED HIM, Have to bombard Wobs about it

117. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Where did Cable get fired from? Was he a Head Coach with some team?

118. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Parody … you know Im a Moss fan for life …. and I dont see anyone better than Moss

119. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

yea he was raiders head coach

120. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

that reminds me….I’ll be back in a minute – I want to check in to the latest mailbag to see if there was anything relevant answered this week.

121. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

yea Im thinking we will win 10 games next year

122. By Parody on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

Dámn…mike can never answer a question directly. I asked him if he knew anything about the trades we made (Sage & Darius to the Giants, Mitchèll to the Browns) and he just backed out and said the entire details of the trades haven’t been finalized yet…

Well what about the parts that have been finalized? I’d be surprised to learn that the terms for at least two of the picks haven’t been set in stone for a month now…

123. By Parody on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

What good is a reporter who can’t find this simple information on a team when he is in direct contact with them every day?

124. By Shawn on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

o yea he picked your question and didnt know the answer lol

Ive decided I like Webb better than Mallett

125. By Shawn on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

g’nite parody

126. By Parody on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

Good to hear Shawn. HAGN.

127. By Carl K on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

@parody-I think we got a 5th round pick and a 7th for sage and reynaud.

128. By Parody on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

Carl – Thanks, that’s kind of what I remember, but I couldn’t find any site to confirm it. For some reason I thought I heard that we got a 2nd rounder from the Browns for Mitchèll, but that seems pretty high. Everything I can find on that trade says “undisclosed” pick. I don’t know what would hold them back from disclosing the pick now…

129. By LAVikes on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

@ Parody I think that usally means the pick is dependent on season performance and isn’t determined until the season is over. It should be available soon.

130. By Old School on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

Does Woodson have the cure for headaches?

131. By jimdandy on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE JETS AND VIKINGS FOR TAKING #4 OFF OUR HANDS,I KNOW MANY FOOTBALL FANS WHO FEEL THE SAME.IT WAS MUCH EASIER TO WATCH HIM DASH YOUR SUPERBOWL ASS-PIRATIONS,THAN WATCH A YOUNG TALENT,LIKE RODGERS,OR FLYNN GO TO ANOTHER TEAM AND FLOURISH.THANKS,BRETT FOR THE DRAFT PICK,CLAY MATTHEWS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! MAYBE YOU CAN GET SOME OTHER WASHED UP QB NEXT YEAR.MAY YOUR FIFTY YEARS OF FUTILITY CONTINUE.ENJOY WATCHING THE PLAYOFFS.

132. By Derek on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

As stated in the other article about the 2011 roster looking very different from this years, get rid of Berrian, M. Williams, and T. Johnson. Sign back Greenway, Rice, Edwards, Leber, and P. Williams. Keep Camerillo(spell?)and next year please use him more! The guy can catch the ball great! He’s a Wes Welker. Also keep Sheppard, Walker.

133. By SoCalVike on Jan 5, 2011 | Reply

Harvin is a beast on Madden11

134. By nflisrigged on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Oldschool,..I mean packfan422 why dont u go troll back to the packer fa-g website u ho-mo

135. By nflisrigged on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Hey jimdandy,….have fun with u ho-mo millionaire qb,..the one with the deep relationship with a roomate,..lol,..fool ,..one and done like last year also

136. By Old School on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

Vikes………4-12 in 2011!

2. Jan 4, 2011: Harvin To Work Out With Charles Woodson During Offseason | Vikings Stop Blog
  3. Jan 5, 2011: Percy Harvin And Charles Woodson To Workout In Offseason « Purple Pants, Green Jersey