Vikings Players React To Leslie Frazier Hiring

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 3, 2011 – 3:28 pm

I’m sure we’ll be in touch with several Vikings players over the next several hours to get their comments about the Vikings choice to hire Leslie Frazier as head coach. So instead of writing separate entries for each player quote, we’ll compile a long list here and continually update it, with the newest quotes at the top.

DT Kevin Williams: “We’re excited that Leslie is going to get the chance to be the head coach for the future. He’s put in his time and worked his way up and showed what he could do already this year. He’s a guy who can relate to how the players feel and what they’re going through and that’s important. He’s been where we are and he’s earned our trust.”

DE Jared Allen: “I’m very happy for Leslie to have this opportunity. He’s a great coach and a great person. He provides an excellent work environment, he’s determined to win, and as a former player, he relates to the guys in that locker room. That’s all you can ask for.”

WR Percy Harvin: “Coach Frazier is the perfect fit for this team. This season and the last six weeks were tough on everyone but Coach Frazier did a great job in keeping us together. Now that we know he is leading this team it’s on the players to get his back and go out and win him some ball games. I know the 2010 season just ended but I’m already looking forward to the 2011 Vikings.”

LB Chad Greenway: “It’s great news that Leslie got the job. Guys respond to him and he’s got great respect in the locker room. Coach Frazier deserves this opportunity and I know he’s going to make the most of it.”

LG Steve Hutchinson: “At the end of the season as interim coach he was well-respected by the team. Everyone in the locker room is confident in Leslie and you saw a renewed sense of urgency under him. Leslie has a track record as a player and at a championship level. He’s won a Super Bowl as a coach as well. He knows what it takes to make those strides to get this team there.”

Tags: , , , ,

296 Responses to “Vikings Players React To Leslie Frazier Hiring”

1. By KeybotheViking on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Well, I am truly hoping that he does well with his “chance”! I am a die-hard Vikings fan and I hope and pray that we have a great turn around in 2011. I am not so sure about Webb being the guy, but I am interested to see what Leslie does to change our team for the better!!! SKOL VIKES!!

2. By Silvy on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Now we need a true gm, get rid of the Triangle of death..

3. By Michael G. Reynolds on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Excellent call … Coach Frazier is “THE MAN” for the job … lots of work to do … time to take care of business … will be very interestin to see who are his chosen ones to assist in the next evolution of purple leadership … one thing about Coach Frazier he leads by example on and off the field … has been a terrific role-model his entire career … The Purple will do well following Coach Frazier’s good orderly direction!!!

4. By vikes blogger on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

http://www.cole-wolvesvikingsblog.blogspot.com/, see what lies ahead for the vikings, and what this past year has looked like

5. By fan for 40+ years on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Congratulations to coach Frazier and good luck. I am curious as to why the defense suddenly became super aggressive via the blitz after Frazier was named interim HC when throughout the year, as the defensive coordinator,, when it was obvious that the secondary needed help and the front four could not consisitently pressure the QB coach Frazier still refused to blitz more often. At half time, we could not seem to make the necessary adjustments and just stuck to the same game plan defensively. Is it beause coach Childress insisted on a conservative approach to both offense and defense or was coach Frazier just not capable of making the adjustment or just plain stubborn in not changing it up. In the last few games the Defense were blitzing and aggressive when Frazier was no longer directly calling the defensive plays. I like Frazier as HC but the inability to make adjustments on defense throughout the year really bothers me going forward…. unless it was Chilly making the calls.

6. By Carl Brodin on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Leslie Fraizer should have been steering this team after the loss to Miami. He will do a good job of guiding this team in the future. Lets get him a QB,OLT,S,WR.

7. By xmasboy on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Leslie Fraizer will lead this team to a Championship within 3 years. Hopefully we will have a new stadium to hang that banner!

8. By Spence on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

obviouslly the players dont care about frazier- they played like sh*t when he was the interim coach. 0 offensive TD’S in the final game against( i dont care what yall say) a bad team. he was the D- cordinator but the defence was sh*tty the whole year except the philly game. i understand farve being terrible because we have a jv o-line. but the defence played like pee-wees. this season i dont know how many times team converted 3rd and forever and scored a TD RIGHT before the half. id give this season a D+

9. By Victor on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Frazier deserves it. I think he will be a great coach. Childress was making some lame ass decisions. Too bad they got rid of Moss. That hurts!!

10. By al on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Frazier, will become an good coach in the near future. We really need an new left offensive tackle, left guard, center, right guard, make toby G.feature fullback. On defense we need,pair of safetys’, cause we stink to no end there, everyone would egree , corners when healthy we’ll be ok at best to much youth need more exp.Winfield great cover 2 and blitzer, and tackling machine , but cook is not even close to any of those.Lbs’ are solid need intierior help thou.

11. By DRS on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I give 2010 vikings a F- for this year. We need linemen, linemen, then a secondary. Find a good back up for Joe or a two year Vet to mentor Joe. Get a top QB in the draft, maybe a gem in the later rounds. above all get good linemen.

12. By VikesGirl24 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Appointing someone at the head of our team that worked his way up the ladder in this league as well as in our own system is just what we need…and something I respect. Frazier knows what it takes to be a winner, and has now been put in the capacity to make it happen. As fan for 40 + years pointed out, look at what happened to our defense once Frazier took hold of that team and made the final decisions. I guarantee you that was Chilly’s influence before – look at how much better the play calling and adjustments are now!

I’m a firm believer in, “if you want the job, do the job”. He did it and he got it. Go Coach Frazier!

13. By Tom on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I think that is a bit generous giving this season a D+ considering we were well below our expectations and where we should have been. Although, I suppose, the F- that Chilly would have gotten for his first 10 games and the B- that I give coach Frazier for his job in the final 6 games probably equals the D+ you give the vikes, Spence. Childress failed on a massive freaking level and I didn’t envy the job coach Frazier had of cleaning up a worse mess than hurricane Katrina left. I think, going forward, coach Frazier will do a good job and I can’t wait to see what happens when we get to watch a full season of football where our head coach actually has a pair (of you know whats).

14. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

what Tom?

15. By DRS on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Coach needs to clean house, players and staff. I hope he has the a-thor-it-ty to do so.

16. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Some of you are high. The defense played superb much of the season— often they had no help from the offense or special teams and the D was on the field way too long– look at the Jets game– 5 straight times in the red zone– the Jets offense could not punch it in– 5 field goals. Look at the Saints game– 2 TDs were the only score by New Orleans the whole game. Look at the Miami game– again only 14 pts scored against us. Look at the Detroit game at home– Lions scored 10 points, 7 of which were from an interception where the Lions started in the red zone. Yes, a few games we looked so-so– but that was because by halftime, our Offense was doing nothing and our D had to keep coming on the field with no momentum from the Offense. Yes, defenses win championship, but the Offense needs to score more than 3 points.

17. By lisa on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

how does it feel to be watching 2 teams from your division play in the play-offs? I couldn’t have asked for anything better than to see favre watching the last game he will ever be a part of as a player.I hope he realizes what his last game would have been like in a packer uniform if he hadn’t let his ego get in the way.Rodgers made a lap around lambeau field to thank the fans after the last home game, A player with class not just a big ego.

18. By Dave on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Titus,
    I agree wholeheartedly and if the offense had longer dives, te defense can rest and be fired up!

It’s too hard to play at a high level when you seem to be on the field 45 minutes out of the 60 minutes of playing time.. Or so it seems.. IMO

Skol Vikes!!

19. By mr smiff on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I agree Titus. Except for the gross lack of receiver coverage and infrequent use of the blitz, I thought the Vikings D did reasonably well. To me, the main culprit was the terrible o-line and the absence of two of Favre biggest weapons- Taylor and Rice.

20. By Dave on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Looks like you got your wish Lisa, now have fun with the packers and let us Viking fans have this site to oursleves.. Thanks :)

btw good luck to the pack.. I guess? Lol

Skol Vikes!!

21. By Dave on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Me smiff,

I’ll never understand why they got rid of Taylor?? Any reason??

22. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Titus and Dave …. I agree 100% and want to add, the defense cant be aggresively pass rushing without the LEAD we could never get the LEAD this year which changes the whole thing

Our defense was top 10 … THATS A GOOD DEFENSE, both starting corners were hurt from week 2 on …. we played most of the season with our 3rd and 4th corners

23. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Cant be as aggressive on defense if you dont have the lead….

24. By mr smiff on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

lisa, don’t worry about the Vikings and don’t worry about Favre. They both will be fine. We’ll see how much class Rodgers has when they try to kick him out after 16 years of dedicated service.

25. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

NEEDS….

QB / LT / Safety / WR

26. By Dawn Wisconsin on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@lisa..wtf are you talking about??Favre has a SB ring does the Vikings.I have watched Favre for 20 years..he has no ego problem, its the dam media. He plays for the love of the game.He gave 110% for the Vikings more than alot of your other players. Wow!cant believe all the bad mouthing with Favre. Glad I wont be cheering the Vikings next year. You pple went 50 years no SB and at the rate nyour going rebuilding its going to another 50 years. RFLMAO
    BRETT CAN’T wait to see you in the HALL OF FAME!!Good Luuck in your future.

27. By xmasboy on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I’m rooting for the Eagles!!!!!! The Packer and the Bears will not even make it to the Championship title game.

28. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

If our offense had been on all cylinders, our D would have been in the top 5.

29. By Guest11 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I hope we get rid of bevell and oline coach

30. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Dawn, I do not think Lisa was writing from the perspective of a Viking’s fan.
    Most Viking’s fans know Favre gave it his all— I clearly saw that– shame half of the team did not match his competitiveness.

31. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Clearly our biggest problems are on offense … Rice not wanting to be ready to play this season hurt more than anyone can imagine …

32. By mr smiff on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@ Dave
    I wish I knew for sure. But rumour has it that Taylor didn’t like Childress either.

33. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Yea thats how I took it some cheesehead calling itself lisa thinks Favre left green bay … obviously has never followed favre or the cheesehead would know green bay wanted to put brett on the bench forcing favre to leave

34. By saddy on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Lisa – We love Brett and Joe Webb here. He took us to NFC championship game last year when your QB choked and lost your season. So shut your and enjoy the playoff crushing eagles gives your sorry QB.

by the way I didn’t see your sorry a.. last year in this blog

And tell your QB to not get another concussion if he keeps running into CB he will be playing only xbox football in the hospital for his life.

35. By DRS on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Dawn Wisconsin, the Vikings went to 4 SB’s. Know your history be for you open you mouth.

36. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Green Bay forced Favre to retire the first time … he knew he was to good to be on the bench, and he didnt want to play for anyone else ….

ITS YOUR OWN TEAMS FAULT GREEN BAY FAVRE LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!

37. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

THOSE STUPID CHEESE HEADS LOL

38. By Derek on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Vikings will have Rice healthy in 2011, AP healthy, Griffen healthy, Webb has some experience now. Go Vikes 2011!

39. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

BTW … what is a Packer? seriously …

40. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@derek … still need to franchise Rice for a year , he only has 1 good / healthy season in his career … and need a good #3 because I dont trust Rice or Harvin to play 16-18 games next year

41. By DRS on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, a Packer is a person who packs the meat in the meat factories in GB.

42. By DRS on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

That is what I remember they are.

43. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

o sounds like a ferocious group of people …. ooo scary

44. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

so rubber gloves and packaging tape lol

45. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I think the Bears might make the Superbowl.

46. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Bears vs Patriots, Patriots win.

47. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know that the Bears will make it. I have a feeling that it’s going to be the Falcons going from the NFC. And don’t be too surprised to see either the Steelers or the Ravens give the Patriots an upset.

48. By mr smiff on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Webb still needs mentoring. Someone to show him how to prepare, study film go over replay stills, and when and how to improvise (yes, there is an art to it). P3ckerheads are too ungrateful to admit it, but Rodgers benefited greatly from being Favre’s protege for 2 years. Webb needs someone like that.

49. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I just have no interest in this season anymore … can we just start the offseason Re signings and move right into free agency and the draft … I hate all the teams left

50. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

You mean someone like Favre? Didn’t he have that?? Well, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to have it for another year or two while he soaks in the knowledge.

51. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Sorry to hear that Shawn. I don’t usually enjoy cheering for any teams outside of MN, but I love football so much that I have to pick someone. The offseason is way too long even when the Vikes make it deep into the playoffs.

So I’ll be rooting for the birds of the NFC (Falcons and Eagles).

Looking over to the AFC though, it’s hard to really pick any team that I like enough…I might be rooting for the Patriots, but that’s just too much of a sure thing for it to be all that interesting.

52. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

…maybe I can cheer for the birds over there too. Then I can still slip my purple on and hope that nobody realizes that it’s the wrong shade…

53. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I guess I like Ray Lewis would be kool to see him get another ring … but I guess Im just stunned about OUR season

I hate Packer and Bear fans so hope they are 1 and done …

54. By DRS on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I go for the under dogs if the Vikings are not in the play offs. So go Seahawks!

55. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

It would be nice to see LaDanlian Tomlinson get a ring for his great career

56. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Cant stand other teams ” Dynasties ” so hope Patriots are one and done

57. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Peyton Manning deserves a second ring …

58. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I am not much for either bird club– the Falcons have a bitter taste after the 98 season, and I never liked Eagle too much– too tough. I am with you, though Purple, I usually choose a side in each playoff game– wait, I guess next week I am an Eagle fan, lol. Forgot for a second. Seahawks looked okay last night, but a little underdone and needing salt (needed help by some poor officiating), but I think the Saints will have their hands full. Can’t count the Saints out, but I do think Chicago’s D is so nasty that they might go to Dallas. At this moment, I stand with my picks– Chicago, Patriots.

59. By Seth on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

My Super Bowl Prediction—Eagles vs. Patriots, Pats win 31-28

60. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

yea Titus I think the Bears are really underated … its just listening to bear fans gloat and rub it in that bothers me

61. By Seth on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Oh, and the Packers fans should stay away from our website. I stay away from theirs, and I imagine plenty of other Min fans do too.

62. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

my prediction …

some team i hate vs some team i hate and some team i hate will win

63. By DRS on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

every one loves it when the underdog wins, so go seahawks!

64. By mr smiff on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

The Bears suck. They had a chance to keep the P3ckers out of the postseason, and they couldn’t do it. Just for spite, I’ll be rooting for the Seahawks and the Eagles.

65. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Last night I made predictions for each round of the playoffs, and for whatever reason I had all 4 wildcard teams winning on the road in the first round. I’m sure that I got at least one of those wrong, and I’m hoping that it’s the Philly game.

66. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

also Titus Falcons have left me with the same feeling …. i didnt even watch the super bowl that year …. and I didnt watch last years either, To much pain

67. By mr smiff on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I like Peyton Manning for another ring :)

68. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Really, the only road team that I WANT to win this week in Baltimore.

69. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I don’t really want Peyton to get it. He’s in enough commercials as it is.

70. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

How can you not like Peyton …. I understand not liking Eli, but Peyton?

71. By mr smiff on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat. Now the massage therapists are suing Favre. You mean to tell me that after the season he has had, he can’t even leave quietly?

72. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@Shawn – I Guess it’s because I play too much Madden. Every time I face up against his team, he tests my patience by using up every last second of the play clock on every play, changing the formation and routes and everything. I don’t think that he’s ever once stuck with the play that was called in the formation! It annoys the he|| outa me!

73. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

hahah purple … thats funny

74. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@Smiff – I just looked up that report on Favre (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70303A20110104). It looks like a pair of gold diggers are chasing down whatever kind of chump change they can find.

75. By Rick on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Thank you Tjack, and Webb for showing us that Brett did not lose this season for us. It was Childress and Childress only. His poor in game decisions on when to kick a fieldgoal and when to go for it on fourth down. He lost at least 2 games that way plus , his failure to challange the Greenbay Game TE Quarless TD cost us a third game.

Also, If they get Rice his new contract and he gets that surgery earlier at least 2 of the other early games end differently.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a Webb fan, but with Brett we win that game too!

It does not take much to turn a team from 12-4 to 6-10, and it does not take that much to turn it back to 10-6 or better.

Add at least 2 wins for 2011 with Frazier just on better in game decisions, add 2 more games with Frazier because the players will play for him

76. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Next thing we’re gonna hear is the Jet’s laundry service suing Favre because asked one specific woman to inspect his jock strap to make certain it was clean…

77. By Robins on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

The massage therapists want money now! Why don’t they just do more massages and make their own money instead of going after Brett’s. They make us women look pretty stupid. Now they will get famous like Jen. Sickening! Leave Brett alone! He worked hard and got beat up pretty bad for his money. Make your own! Frazier, good luck! Make us proud! Lets get back to beating the packers again like last year. That was fun! I hope the Eagles beat them. Packer fans need to get a life and stay away from here. Brett will always be the Ironman, the Warrior. He will be missed.

78. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

…add 2 more copy-pastes from Rick because he doesn’t realize that we all read his post the first two times…

79. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@Robins – because they want the easy money. Being a masseusse means that you have to touch and rub sweaty muscular professional atheletes for hours on end and….wait a second, I would have thought that was something that most women would consider a dream job? What’s easier than that???

80. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

You know I blame our unjust justice system for this non sense ….

If a crime happened and you dont report it within a week … THEN IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE ITS NOT ABOUT JUSTICE ITS ABOUT MONEY …

OPEN FOR BUSINESS

81. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Just having a corrupt judge listen to this nonsense 3 years after the fact …

proves at the very least Brett haas to pump money into the system for lawyers and of course job security for a judge ….

the whole system is a scam

82. By Robins on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

PurpleParody….that doesn’t sound like a hard job to do. I bet they get paid well and the players have great bodies. This is sure going to make a lot of men think before they flirt with someone. I guess men shouldn’t flirt anymore if they are rich. Guys without money can flirt and don’t have to worry about it costing them millions. Crazy! I hate women like that. They make us all look bad. They are trash. I hope they end up with nothing. Losers.

83. By Game Vike on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Congratulations to Leslie Frazier becoming the new Minnesota Vikings head coach! I believe he deserves the opportunity and was happy with the decision the Wilf family made by standing behind him. Frazier is a player’s coach, well respected and liked, has experience, is a coach with a defensive mindset, run first and stop the run first mentality, he remained poised under pressure and focused during these last several chaotic weeks, much beyond his control, and he is a good communicator. I am encouraged by the players supporting him in his new role and hope that energy resonates over the next several seasons. I can think of 2 other defensive coordinators for the Vikings that when they became head coach with other teams, led their teams on to win the Super Bowl. First, Tony Dungy with Indianapolis Colts (don’t forget building up the Bucs franchise where Tom Gruden got the credit and won the Super Bowl that Tony Dungy built up) and second, Mike Tomlin, who led the Steelers on to win the Super Bowl and is making another run for the Super Bowl this season. Fans, be patient and give Frazier some time to build his team. Frazier may not be Tony Dungy, but he reminds me of Tony Dungy.

84. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I”m happy for Frazier. he seems like a great person and handles the players well. he was handed a tough situation with the dome collapsing and just taking over a struggling team. He was 3-3 including two road wins and two of the 3 losses were with a rookie QB (the other one was with Tavaris Jackson). so let’s give him a chance. Also remember, they still have to pay Childress a lot of money so It’s probably better than hiring some veteran coach and have to pay him a lot of money too.

85. By Steve on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Simple observation…..tihs team needs alot more than a new head coach!!!
    Not sure if the brain trust is up for the task. Time will tell!

86. By glmcont7 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Finally a RESPECTED coach. Seems like a Dungy clone in his demeanor. Hope he can coach.
    But please don’t bring Tavaris back !

87. By mikef2691 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

As a fairly new Vikings fan, I can only say I hope for the best. Whoever has been responsible for the draft the last few years really knows his/her business. Toby, Percy, Adrian, all grate picks. Now if they can find an OT that doesn’t jump at his own shadow, we might be in business. Another good WR and some bigger CB’s would help as well. Looking forward to next year and I hope that my fellow Minnesotans can find a way to build a new stadium.

88. By Frederick Jones on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Frazier and staff will make most of the right decisions.

:) :) :) :) :)

A stalwart OFFENSIVE LINE m u s t be our priority for 2011!!!

89. By Bravo on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Give coach Frazier a chance ,I believe he will do well with a decent qb,o line and some smart cbs. Most of all keep the team and concept and close the door on Brett please

90. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Wow, the blog is alive tonight. I always like the underdogs too– it would be fun to see the Seahawks beat the Saints, but in some weird way, I don’t know why, I like the Saints– I like Brees. I think the Seahawks may upset the Saints, but they won’t go far. I don’t think the Eagles will win– yes, I think the Packers will emulate what the Vikings did and the Eagles, losing their last two, is not good for their psyche– I pick the Pack. Not because I like them– paleese, I do not want to hear any packer fans gloat– because I don’t see the Pack winning the game after that.

91. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I watched that movie, Leatherheads– I am sooooooooooo glad I did not pat money at the theater to watch it– I would have been mad. In fact, I could barely get through it– I only watched it while I rode my bike.

92. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

*pay

93. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Yea, I watched that movie the longest yard at the theatre….not the greatest movie, but I wasn’t mad that I paid money to see it. Of course The Whole Nine Yards was a lot better movie…but then again, that had nothing to do with football, so…

94. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I never gave leatherheads a chance though. I just can’t see George Clooney pulling off the role of a Quarterback any better than he pulled off the role of Batman, and that was like a decade ago…

95. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Well okay, maybe Clooney could pull off Favre, but that would be Favre of today. They stopped wearing the leather helmets like 60 years ago, so Favre would have barely finished his rookie year by then.

96. By Frederick Jones on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

FOCUS: :) :) :) :) :)

_-_- OFFENSIVE LINEMEN

97. By DawnWisconsin on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

DRS just laughing my azz off at your comment…Vikings may have gone 4 times to the SB but did they win in 50 years????Favre has SB ring and Packers went to the SB 4 times and I think won 2 or 3
    times..You really need to get a life and treat people
    with more respect.

98. By jkcjh on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I have to comment on lisa post. about favre having a ego hmm. who taught mr. rogers hmm i think it was mr. ego wow. the only reason he was trotting around the field is because he just understood that he was givin the game by chicago. talk about ego what does he do when he motions a belt around the waist, after he scores that my friend is an ego trip. they will never make it anyways. i give frazier an A for what he has gone through. he is going to make a great head coach.. and by the way mr. rogers and his neighbors will never be as good as favre..

99. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

anyone watching Andrew Luck tonight? he flippin rocks we need to get him

100. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

jkcjh….I’m with you on that. Rodgers has seemed humble at times, but other times has seemed full of himself. the first time I saw him do that “title belt” thing I was like “what the heck is that?” after the game against the Bears Sunday he said he wished he would have played better, but then quickly added “but we didn’t run the ball well either” with kind of an attitude. If Favre would have said that he would have been slammed by fans, but apparently Rodgers is the Packer fans’ new idol.

101. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Dawn … Id say the most disrectfull blog on the Viking blog came from you ….

102. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

just watched Luck throw a TD. I changed the channel just in time…thanks Shawn!

103. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

the kid looks good and mallet plays tomorrow night …

104. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

we need someone to trick him into smoking a joint at the combine so he falls to us in the draft

105. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

lisa: For the love of the game, Favre was suppose to get forced out! I hope when you get a job, you get forced out! He is no different than Joe Montana having to leave the Niners to continue his career. The Packers did all they could to make Favre the villian and tried to keep him out of the division. Because of Favre’s legacy your great quarterback Aaron Rodgers will also play in a lot more games, because that’s Favre’s shadow. Play with pain, have some fun! Part of Favre’s problem, is the Vikings want him to speak on everything. For the most part he’s never thrown a verbal jab back at the Packers. EGO: Aaron Rodgers, and every quarterback in the league have more ego than brains.

106. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Shawn: Maybe we could air express Luck Michael Vicks water jug with the secret compartment that he got in trouble with at the airport in 2004. #12 at #12? Not bad, eh?

107. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

well said Arrow…

108. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

where is everyone? sleeping? watching college football? lol. of course I wasn’t on the past 3 or 4 days so I can’t give anyone too hard a time…

109. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Arror thats genius 12 at 12 the new slogan …. I think we should bring it up to Wobs in the next MMM ( monday morning mailbag )

110. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

yea steph yesterday was busy … people been poppin in and out all day today

111. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

darn, guess I missed it yesterday then, lol. oh well, we all have lives outside of football so it’s hard to be on here at the right time when everyone else is. anyways, it should be an interesting off-season. :)

112. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

jkckh and Stephanie: Considering most Packer fans haven’t evolved enough to walk upright yet, we can’t expect them to be thankful for the guts and determination that Brett brought to their franchise. How many Hall of Famers played with Brett in GB? Probably just Reggie White, possibly Charles Woodson. Which receiver or back will go in the hall of fame? Maybe Sterling Sharpe. Reason: Favre made players around him better. Any fan should be thankful to their last breath for having a Brett Favre like player play for their team.

113. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I finally just saw Luck throw a TD….it wasn’t all that impressive though since the guy was completely uncovered 20+ yards down the middle of the field.

114. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

another TD for luck. I honestly don’t know much about him except heard a lot of talk about how good he is. 4 TDs tonight. sounds good to me! but he might not be available next year if he decides to play one more year in college

115. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Wow! THis is like the best of night. We have Shawn, Stephanie, Purplepea, and other Viking fans, and Swiss cheese heads invading. Shawn, if you like the #12 at #12, go with it! It’s yours! Print t-shirts if you like. A few years ago, when the Vikes had John David Booty, I had suggested making signs and t-shirts that said “Time for a Booty call! Dial 9.” I made the mistake of mentioning this in mixed company and found out my sister in law has a wicked slap! I’ll try to dial up some of my good stuff tonight.

116. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Arrow you make too much sense! yeah, I’m trying to think of receivers Favre has played with that were hall of fame caliber players. Sharpe, ummm, darn, that’s all I come up with! lol. although Antonio Freeman was descent and Donald Driver’s pretty darn good. you know it’s too bad that Favre didn’t have the receivers the Packers have now for the long term. even if you hate the Packers you have to admit they have collectively some of the best receivers in the league right now. just my opinion.

117. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

yea dawn actually went off because a packer fan named lisa was to involved in simpleton to know why favre left green bay said favre had an ego and then dawn just rips all viking fans because shes _____ !!!

THE FUNNY THING IS pACKERS RAN FAVRE OFF … FAVRE DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE THATS WHY HE RETIRED THE FIRST TIME ….

118. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Luck’s choice to stay in college may depend a lot on how the CBA turns out. If the CBA issue waited 1 more year, I would be certain that Luck would declare this year to get a huge contract as the #1 pick. With all the complaints about unproven rookies going on now though, there’s a good chance that he won’t be allowed to get nearly as big of a contract as Stafford or Bradford. It just might be enough for him to stay in college for one or two more years.

119. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

where’s Nova at? I could sue him for hitting on me, I mean “harrassing” me on a chat forum, lol….Nova, totally kidding of course.

120. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie: If you look under Monday Morning Mailbag we covered all the hot topics with incisive wit, and woo: Topics covered were:

a) should the Vikes draft a QB of go free agent? b) Why do we hear “Endless Love” by Lionel Ritchie mysteriously play in the background when Shawn talks about Moss. c) What spot the Vikes draft in. d) What kind of car does Donovan McNabb drive? e) How to activate Purpleparody for a flag football league f) Bryant McKinnie’s salary per pound of waste. If you get a chance, it’s really nice light reading in the bedtime hours. I think we all were going until 2:30 A.M. (All of us without a life that is…..)

121. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie, wow, our fling was short lived.

122. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I am going to sue for betrayal of my self-esteem, resulting in the loss of employment.

123. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

true that Shawn. I actually heard a guy say his friend was in the box with Ted Thompson at the NFC championship game in 2007 and after Favre threw the INT in overtime he told the guy “that will be the last pass he ever throws for the Packers.” Of course I don’t have proof for this but I’m pretty convinced that Favre felt (which he has mentioned) he wasn’t wanted anymore and that they wanted to move on with Rodgers even before he made his decision to retire.

124. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Arrow Im not sure what it would take to get to number 1 pick, but thats what it would take to get him … I have to watch Mallet tomorrow but wow 12 at 12 sounds good

125. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Hey now Arrow, I resent that! I have a life, it just happens to revolve around the Vikings…

126. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Purpleparody: Don’t you think Luck is looking at the terrible organizations that will have the first cracks at drafting him. Staying in Palo Alto, or getting your brains beat in in some of these other places. Forget the money, and hope a better organization trades up early, so you might have a better chance to develop your game before you wear a toe-tag. That’s just my take. The money is so huge, it’ll be even more a year from now.

127. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

sorry Titus, I didn’t know who else was having a fling with me, lol. boy if my husband knew I was having flings on these blogs he might have to come on here and tell you guys to stop ;)

128. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Too bad the 12 at 12 won’t mean a whole lot to this team unless you can convince 12 to give up his number. Not an easy task when you consider what that player has done with the team already.

129. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Purple: Did mean to dig on your reputation. I know you used to hang out with Luther Ellis and Too live Crew when they were hot!

130. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think we have a chance at getting Luck anyways, wouldn’t we have to be towards the very top of the picks? who would pass him up till # 12?

131. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Well, in that case, Stephanie, Nova was first in line all along. You and I were just innocently flirting.

132. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Just think getting Mallet or Luck in round one might be the equivalnt of getting 2 players … a QB – Luck and a WR – Webb or should I call him Slash

133. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

wait, are we giving up on Webb? or did we already have this discussion?

134. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

LOL Titus.

135. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I hope the Patriots win it all– then when we bring Moss back, he will have an attitude. Nothing like a healthy refocusing of past regrets. Eye of the Tiger, Baby.

136. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Harbaugh is a heck of a coach! I don’t know how many of you remember seeing Jim Harbaugh QB the Bears at the dome one Sunday about 1992 when the Bears were knocking the bisquick out of the purple. Harbaugh opens up the fourth quarter throwing 2 pick 6′s and his 3rd drive wasn’t much better. Ditka was in an orbit NASA had never seen before! It was awesome, and yes! The Vikings won on that day!!!

137. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I’m thinking that our best shot at Luck would be to trade up with Carolina. Carolina just grabbed an early QB last year, so they might be interested. But I still don’t want to give up the draft picks to move up to #1. If we could fool the Panthers into taking Williams, Berrian and McKinnie in trade for Luck though, then you gotta believe we got some magic in MN.

138. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Titus: Your Moss song would be “Reunited, and it feels so good!”

139. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

sorry Titus, I DO NOT like the Patriots so I DO NOT want them to go all the way! But I think Moss probably already was humbled and has regrets after the way the season went for him. I don’t think I’ve heard anything about him since he went to the Titans. and I don’t think the Patriots have lost a game since Moss was traded. He knows he made a mistake already.

140. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@Steph – Yes, some of us have already given up on Webb, bt I’d still like to see if he can take charge. If we are going to take the division back next year though, we need a better QB until (if?)Webb figures things out. many people would prefer we do that with a rookie franchise QB. I’d rather get a veteran. Either way though, you are still looking at a gamble for the future of the team.

141. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

wait Titus, are you in love with Moss? lol

142. By BJ TOMPKINS on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I’m a life long Bears fan andI am so happy for Frazier. He is class all the way. A terrific coach who has worked his way up through the ranks. Amizture of Dungy and Buddy Ryan. Not bad.

As a player, he was the best corner the Bears have ever had. The unsung hero of the Bears 85 defense because he covered man to man while the rest were doing crazy schemes to rush the QB. He knows how it’s done.

Congrats Leslie and Vikes.

143. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

lol would that be nice give our overpaid dead weight to carolina for a franchise qb ….

No steph havent given up on Webb … but hes a big boy and should have to compete for the job

Im calling for a McNabb / Webb / Bomar / and a drafted qb …. competiton and let the best man win

144. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

AH, the memories, Arrow. Peaches and Herb, or something like that.

145. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

If anything, Moss is starting to realize how much of a cancer he has been on hos teams, just like TO and 85 were with all the teams they were a part of. If Moss can realize it and correct for it, I would love to have him back. If he can’t find that kind of class, then I’d say let him finish his career in whatever disgrace he chooses, so long as it’s not in Purple.

146. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Purpleparody: Do you remember how Elway and Eli Manning manuevered to get to the team they wanted to play for. Elway was drafted by the Colts and told them flat out he wouldn’t play for them, so they were forced to trade his rights to the Broncos. Eli was picked by the Chargers then switched with Rivers and the Giants. If he’s good enough to go #1 he could manuever if he likes Denver at #2. If he wants to stay in the bay, San Fran at #7. But #12 at 12 has a little ring to it!

147. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

purpleparody, I think you have a point about needing a veteran QB, although it might be good to have a veteran QB and Webb duke it out during the off-season and see who looks better in the pre-season. Webb has potential but he obviously will have some ups and downs. at least he’s confident. that’s what you want in a QB.

148. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Did anyone listen to the Lomabardi video where he said it takes 20 games to evaluate a QB, referring to Webb? He also said that Frazier has a lot of work in front of him– like duh. But I don’t agree with many that we will be in the basement for 5 years. We can be competitive next season–I just not sure I want to see us in the winter Superbowl in New York, in case I go to it.

149. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Titus: I’m being kind, I heard echoes of the Starland Vocal Band “Afternoon Delights” playing as well. But seriously Titus, are you currently out of work?

150. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

*Lombardi– I am starting to spell like Sonja.

151. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Titus: Vince Lombardi is speaking from the grave about Webb and Frazier?? I know I was away for a while, but WOW, I didn’t see that one coming>>> LOL

152. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

No Arrow, that was a joke about our lawsuit happy, entitlement, victim-mentality-society.

153. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Arrow, I like your optimism, but I don’t care for the morality of the move you are proposing. I hope that part of what the CBA changes is to not allow rookies to hold their signing teams hostage like that, or in any other way.

154. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

yea i keep hearing about the big rebuild in minnesota … but we have 4 starters on IR so looks like we just rebuilt something

155. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, sounds like a plan…the only thing with McNabb is he seems to get injured quite a bit and has had to sit out many games in his career so i don’t know if you can count on him being there when you need him during the entire season as he’s getting older. but it would be nice to have a veteran QB on the team.

156. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Titus – I saw the video you are talking about, and I don’t agree that ANY team will be stuck in the basement for 5-years. With proper management, you can completely reorganize and rebuild any team in 3 or 4-years. With our team, it would be pessimistic to say that we need to dwell in the sewer for 1 more year before we get back on top of the division.

157. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Brian Billick was saying tonight on NFL network that it’s tough to develop a quarterback when you are winning. The chaos, that was the 2010 season may have worked toward moving our overall franchise toward greater success in the coming years. We found out what each QB can do, and we heard that Bomar is off the chain, we just have to get him on the field as well. We were able to evaluate who deserves to have an invitation to play in this league for this great franchise.

158. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I just really like the McNabb intangibles … he has already proven to be a positive influance on Kolb and Vick , with his work ethic and team first attitude

plus he can still play some b’all …

159. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

No Arrow, Michael, NOT Vince. Come on Arrow, you are better than this.

160. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

purpleparody…that’s so true about rookie QB’s getting paid WAY too much. they haven’t proven anything yet. there have been plenty of first round busts…anyone remember Brady Quinn? what happened to him?

161. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie – McNabb’s injury “problem” just may be helpful for what we are looking for out of him. He will be there to display how a good starting QB plays when he’s healthy, and mentor Webb when he’s injured, meanwhile giving #14 experience.

162. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Brady Quinn…yea I think so….wasn’t he supposed to be somebody?

163. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

purpleparody, I guess I see your point, but how much do you have to pay to get McNabb?

164. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Purpleparody: I didn’t like it either. It was a slap in the face to the fans who loved those teams that Elway and Eli said no too. Darrin Nelson was less than thrilled when picked to come to Minnesota, but he changed his attitude, and had a long career in Minnesota. I didn’t think at the time or today that Darrin Nelson was a better pick than Marcus Allen but that’s a part of Viking history.

165. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

the new CBA is supposed to fix the rookie salaries … it seems the only real hangup between the league and the players is the 18 game schedule

166. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Purple, I agree, I think I said that in my post. We will be competitive next year. These “experts” only see part of the picture and they are like weather forecasters; the further out their predictions, the more likely their predictions are off.

167. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Yeah Purple parody: He was suppose to be Brady Quinn..

168. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

by the way, I like McNabb :) I

169. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Purlpe and Arrow thats why I HATED ELI … but seeing how Chargers handled Vincent Jackson and the pro bowl tackle they had I think i can forgive eli

170. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

does anyone else find it completely stupid to have an 18 game season? ummm, yeah they care about the player’s safety and have hiked the fines this year to try and limit the dangerous hits, but then they want them to play two more games when the game is naturally violent? has anyone seen the injuries on all the teams this year? it’s all about money.

171. By Nakia2828 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I think it stinks . I seen a comment about the defense was on the field way to often. Well the time of pos was about even all year half in half in games. I will just say our team played like grap all year. I think they were more worried about getting Farve back in the offseason than playing the season. I guess they won the super bowl the day Farve came back. But lets get real our Defense suck all year and so did our OFFENSE Mostly TURNOVERS. BUT we did not create any either. I know losing Sidney Rice all year had something to do with this, but our OLINE couldnt block a steak on a stick, but i bet they could eat it maybe. I think Frazier will fail also. I guess everyone forgot the beating we took against Chicago 40-14 to a division rival. All year i heard the players didnt respect CHilly but it didnt really look like they respected Frazier either. What about the loss to the giants. LETS ALL FACE IT OUR TEAM NEEDS A MAKE OVER> EVEN IF THAT MEANS STARTING FROM SCRATCH. IF I WAS THE COACH THE ONLY PLAYER I WOULD KEEP FOR SURE IS PERCY U WERE THE ONLY BRIGHT SPOT ALL YEAR > HOW ABOUT RUNNING SOME MORE OF THE WILDCAT THIS YEAR 2011 GO VIKES

172. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Yea, I’m kind of teetering on the fence on the benfits/pitfalls of an 18 game schedule. For the positives, it would make it so that all teams in the conference get to face one-another once in every season, and obviously give us fans 2 more weeks of relevant football to watch.

On the other side, it will lead to more injuries and likely a less thrilling playoff picture for the players that make it through the 2 extra weeks without getting knocked out for the year. But that is part of the risk that is taken when they put on the uniform, right?

Tough decision….

173. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

The CBA will get done. I haven’t looked at the 18 game schedule proposal. Will that shorten pre-season to 2 games? If so, how do they adequately evaluate rookie and veteran players? The CBA will get done because the owners and the players are all making tons of money. Shutting the league down would cost the owners dearly, and many of these players spend those checks way too fast.

174. By Titus on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I just posted but it says my post is awaiting moderation– never saw that before– have any of you? There is nothing bad in my post. Do you even see it??–I see it in the blog but it has that qualifier in it– it’s about weather forecasters and football experts.

175. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

lol steph i cant think of anything in America thats not about money

176. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

yeah I know Shawn. It’s just annoying when they act like they care about player’s safety and then they want them to play two more games. players aren’t machines, they’re human. and the playoff teams may not have some of their top players at the end of the season. I want the best players on the field in the playoffs!

177. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@Nakia2828 … we had 4 starters on IR … 2 corners and 2 guards safeties yes they are weak but even they played musical chairs all year …. just try to watch a game next season and dont make statements based on sportscenter highlights

178. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Titus:: Jerry Jones hacked your email and is plotting your strategies as we speak for the Cowboys!

179. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

hey, one bright spot in the season: Childress isn’t the coach anymore! sorry, don’t know if anyone here is a Childress fan, lol.

180. By PurpleParody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I just had an epiphany. What if, instead of (or in conjunction with) adding 2 more games to the season, they double the length of the season by having each conference trade off weeks that they’ll be playing? Have the NFC play weeks 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. while the AFC plays weeks 2, 4, 6, 8 etc. Interconference games can be mixed in where teams just end up having 1 week to prepare the few times they come up, or something like that.

It will increase revenues by having everybody watching more games, and the season lasting that much longer! 32 weeks of football!! How does that sound? It will also help by allowing players so much more time to heal up in between games and reducing injuries! It’s a win-win-win for everybody!

181. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

steph i agree …. but i could say the same about our justice system they dont really care about people

Sammy the bull killed 23 people and hes free Plaxico Burress shot himself and cant get early work release and us the taxpayer pay for both of them

182. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

correction .. sammy killed 23 that we know of

183. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

one thing they are doing with the 18 game schedule is having 2 by weeks instead of 1

184. By lisa on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

What really sucks is there is another Lisa on this site and I’m afraid to post on here because you all might think she’s me. That would be loser-lisa and I’ll call myself Viking-Lisa just to clarify things. I just want to say congratulations to Leslie Frazier on becoming the Vikes new head coach. I was really wanting him to be the man and i really think he is.. Go Eagles!!!!

185. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

no worries lisa …

186. By Parody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@lisa – you know you don’t HAVE to use your real name….in fact you have the right to change your username with any (and every) post that you make. If you don’t like the image that this “other lisa” is giving you, or you just want to be recognized as an individual (as I think you should) then come up with an nickname for yourself!

Believe it or not, I am not using my birth given name on this site!

187. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Yeah Lisa, you’re the smart Lisa, and the cute Lisa! Let’s get behind Coach Frazier.

188. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

dang! I just tried to post a long paragraph and it wouldn’t let me post it. then I changed a couple words and it still didn’t work. how annoying.

189. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

lol parody … thats not your name?

and lisa my name isnt shawn

190. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

In the 18 game season, are they allowing teams to expand their rosters to 57 or 60 players?

191. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Shawn…your name’s not Shawn? well, my name IS Stephanie, but thankfully there’s no one out there yet that has used my name or made me look bad, lol.

192. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I actually am using my real name. Sometime I’ll have my brother post, his name is 69Childress!

193. By Parody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Yea steph, this site is tricky every now and then. There is a good chunk of words that it blocks that you wouldn’t even think are naughty words. But some site moderator doesn’t understand that all his efforts to block out naughty language do nothing to meet their intent, and only make things worse for everyone. As proof:

Fück Bîtch Whõre Jáckäss Hòmo Bárbàrâ Strëïssãnd

194. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

steph my name IS shawn just thought it would get a chuckle

195. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

ooooo im telling mom

196. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

because shawn is the most creative thing i could think of

197. By Parody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Telling mom what? The site allowed them, so they MUST be happy sunshine words! :P

198. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

lol, Shawn.

199. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I’ll clean up my act, and get back to what we’re here for. NFL network is showing the 10 biggest revenge games in NFL history. So far, Gruden and the Bucs vs. the Raiders is number 10. #9 is Holmgren’s return to Green Bay. I didn’t realize that was such a heated event. #8 Terrell Owens return to Philly as a Cowboy. #7 on down is coming up.

200. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I just read an article about Tjack and in it he says, ” I feel like I’ve gotten a lot better these last couple of years. The past two years — I’m not going to say wasted two years of my career — I’ve learned a lot in these past two years but as far as playing, I didn’t play.” interesting comment.

201. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Arrow, do you think Favre’s return to Lambeau will be on there?

202. By Parody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

well better or not, TJack has lost the fanbase. Chilly was the only hope that he had of starting in MN, and when he did start the only way he was going to be accpeted was if he played lights out football. Turns out that the only lights that were out were the ones inside his own head.

TJack may become an okay player for some team, but it’s not going to be the Vikings, and I think he is more than happy with that right now.

203. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie: I hope Favre going back to Lambeau is on the list. I know it is a huge game in the heated rivalry of Packers and Vikings.

204. By Parody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@Steph – If TOs return to Philly is in there, there is no chance that Favre’s return to Lambeau isn’t in the top 2 or 3. Favre was already a pre-annointed Hall of Famer even before the Packers shoved him out the door, and then he came back to completely anihilate his former team on their turf! How can that not be the best revenge game of all time?

205. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I thought it was awesome when TO ran to the star on the 50 yard line and posed …. loved it

206. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

“how can you go 50 years and only have one season with a pro-bowl quarterback?” lol…talking about the Lions ever since Bobby Layne got traded from the Lions.

207. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

#6 Jets – Mangini vs. Patriots-Bellicheck.

208. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

ive seen it if you want me to ruin it ….

209. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

yes, Favre’s return to Lambeau has to be on the list. how could it not?

210. By Nakia2828 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

@SHAWN I DID WATCH ALL THE GAMES THIS YEAR ALL I GOT TO SAY IS YA WE HAD INJURIES BUT SO DOES EVERY OTHER TEAM. WE COULDNT TACKLE < BLOCK I DO UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAD PATCH WORK BUT THE TRUTH IS EVERYBODY ELSE HAS TO STEP UP. COACHES AND PLAYERS AND THE FACTS ARE FACTS THEY DIDNT PLAY HARD FOR CHILLY OR FRAZIER AND U CANT DENY THAT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE THE PLAYERS HAVE TO STEP UP EVERYONE> LAY OFF THE ZOOM ZOOMS AND WHAM WHAMS AND GET TO WORK NOW. BUT I THINK WE COULDVE FOUND A BETTER COACH OUR DEFENSE SUCKED ALL YEAR. AND THAT REFLECTS ON FRAZIER.

211. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

nakia i agree we had a horrendous season … what i dont agree with is the fact it will take many years to rebuild … and i also dont agree Frazier was a weakness

212. By Stephanie on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

no Shawn, I’m watching it. don’t ruin it…although if it’s not on the list then I don’t want to stay up to finish watching it, lol. I”m getting tired. so Shawn, is it on the list? just don’t tell me what number it’s at.

213. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

its a lot harder to play defense from behind than it is to play with the lead … and when the defense is top 10 and the offense is 23, I cant listen to your negativity pointed in the wrong direction

214. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Nakia2828: You and Shawn are both right. We had strong players miss major parts of our season. Unfortunately, our evaluation of the depth behind those players was way off. It’s expected the next guy will be some drop off, otherwise he’d be the #1, but, Man! We fell in a well. Our subs at key spots were very vulnerable.

215. By Parody on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Nokia2828 – You just try to remember that opinion and remind us of it in 2-3 years. We’ll be happy to discuss it after the facts are in.

216. By Shawn on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

our issue this year was offense …. plain and simple

217. By Arrow86 on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

#5 Cedric Benson in Cinci going back to Chicago. Yikes, that was a weak one, neither of those teams at the time were going anywhere.

218. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

yes its on the list

219. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Dãmn. It’s times like these that I wish I had the sense to pay an extra $5 a month for stations like the NFL network…

220. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

#4 Paul Brown and Cinci going back to play the Cleveland Browns.

221. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

penalties on offense, a bad o-line (injuries and no depth didn’t help), inconsistency at wide receiver, turnovers, not generating turnovers on defense, and not getting to the quarterback on defense were some of the many reasons the Vikings lost the games they lost.

222. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Parody, I’ve got NFL network, but we’re contemplating having to get a package that doesn’t include that because it’s getting way too expensive with directTV. but let me tell you that I’ll have a real hard time not having NFL network anymore. I love that channel!

223. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

oh, and no depth in the secondary…that was another issue for the Vikings.

224. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I agree with nakia and others as far as plenty of blame and horrendous season … but Frazier has been a strngth on this team , same for peterson harvin greenway all year and jallen ej henderson and winfield last half of the year

225. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

dude, did everyone leave?

226. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Shawn I agree. I like Frazier. give him a fresh start next year and I think he’ll be a great coach.

227. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

#3 Montana and Chiefs vs. Young and the Niners.

228. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

and you have to understand that big plays on defense come more often when your offense gets a lead … then those DL guys can pin there ears back and rush the passer … but when your playing from behind they have to watch the run

i dont know why i bother

229. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Joe Montana beats his former team the 49ers. #3

230. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

so again offense was the problem and chilly was an OC and …. bah nm

231. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Stephanie: I just poured a Sunny D margarita and I’m here for the night. I know the others are still listening, and will chime in. Montana’s revenge against the Niners is very epoch and equal to Favre at Lambeau.

232. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Arrow, you bet. That must have been sweet for Montana. I don’t care who you are, no one wants to feel not wanted anymore. so I’m sure he wanted to prove that he still had it.

233. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Shawn is right about big defensive plays when you are ahead in a game. Especially late 3rd quarter and 4th quarter. The defense has seen so many formations during the game, they can start to anticipate more and pick the ball off or stuff the run. Pennington vs. Favre but then #2 Favre vs Green Bay in Lambeau.

234. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

How could it be #2 when the ratings were #1 for a regular season game in NFL history.

235. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

i know!!! how could it be #2??? what could #1 possibly be? lol

236. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Colts beat the Pats, ehh, I suppose so. Patriots had always found a way to beat the Colts. I was so thrilled when they finally beat the Patriots

237. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Projected Big disappointment at #1: Favre vs. Green Bay…round 2!

238. By Stephanie on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Tom Brady throws a pic to end the game in the playoffs! how come no one ever talks about that? lol. well, I’m out. It’s getting late. thanks for chatting everyone!

239. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Night Steph. Have sweet dreams about the Vikings’ future!

240. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I’m really glad that Frazier is getting a truly fair chance to guide this team. The urgency for change is great because of the Lions turn around, the consistency of the Pack, and the Bears getting their collective poop together. It will be fun to see what changes in personnel he makes with Spielman. YOu know, if the Fairley kid from Auburn is around at #12 and if Edwards is moving on, he’d still be a good pickup. I think Fairley will be gone before then. Probably top 4.

241. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Purpleparody: What’s the buzz in Florida tonight? It sounds like Sparano may be out with the Dolphins.

242. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I wonder if we could use McKinnie to trade up and get Mallet or Luck … I really want a franchise qb bad ….

243. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

its so much easier to get other positions … but its hard to find a qb

244. By Sweats on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Congrats Frasier….now on to the long haul and decisions. We have the talent on this roster to compete each and every year. We need a QB with leadership and a bright future. Webb against the Eagles showed something, but then against the Lions…it just wasn’t there…but I believe it is still too early on Webb. The O-line needs some help, but overall, this team is still talented. Find the pieces Frasier and piece them together!!!

245. By Arrow86 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Shawn it is possible to trade up with McKinnie, but the team that picks him up will probably have a top notch O-line coach that sees something in his technique that can be changed to make him highly effective. Coaches are optomists. We’d have to throw in a lower round pick as well.

246. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Not sure about Sparano – but it looks like Miami is having a TON of free agents this year. I was just looking at a list of free agents and found that they have 2 players or more hitting free agency for every offensive position (QB, RB, TE/WR, OL).

247. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

BIG DEFENSIVE PLAYS ARE MAKING THEM WHEN U HAVE THE OPPERTUNITY > HOW MANY FOR SURE PICKS WERE DROPPED THIS YEAR BY ALL PLAYERS ON DEFENSE. PLUS THERE INABILITY TO GET TO THE QB. I DO SAY YA SHAWN YOUR RIGHT THAT OFFENSE STUNK BUT IF U ASK ME THEY ALL STUNK WHETHER IT WAS FOR CHILLY OR FRAZIER BUT HEY I GUESS IT WAS HARD TO GET READY TO PLAY WITH ALL THE HOOPLA GOING ON. I HOPE FRAZIER DOES GREAT BUT IT SEEMS TO ME IF THE PLAYERS CARED ABOUT HIM> IT WOULDVE SHOWED A LITTLE MORE> YA HE WENT 3-3 BUT WE BEAT THE SKINS AND THE BILLS IN TWO OF THOSE GAMES BOTH BAD TEAMS TOO> THERE COMPARING 3-3 TO 3-7. WELL LOL I JUST WISH THERE WAS FOUR MORE GAMES THIS YEAR AND HED HAVE A 3-7 RECORD TO. HE WAS A PART OF THE TABOCKLE. WHETHER U WANT TO BELIEVE THAT OR NOT. THE ONLY WAY HE MAKES IT IS TO CLEAN HOUSE OTHER WISE THEYLL TURN THE BACK ON HIM TO.

248. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

WHO WANTS MCKINNEY HES A WEAKNESS ON OUR TEAM TO SLOW FOR SPEED RUSHERS.

249. By Sweats on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

@Nakia… He beat the Eagles in Philedelphia…the 3rd best team in the NFC at their own house…with a rookie QB…and depleted team…give him some credit

250. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

your right nakia … it was a very dissapointing season … it sucks its over

251. By Ricefield on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Interesting read tonight guys.

Just checking in to say I am reading.

252. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

THE EAGLES HAD NOTHING TO PLAY FOR AFTER THE GIANTS
    AND I AM GIVING HIM CREDIT AN ASSISTANT IS SUPPOSED TO ASSIST THE HEAD COACH AND HE DID NOW HES OUR HEAD COACH I THINK WHOLE STAFF SHOULD GO FOR INABILITY TO MANAGE NON PERFORMING PLAYERS.

253. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

but heres my thing … i think most of us knew chilly was an idiot but there was so much talent on the team we kept winning …. and he is gone now

so im excited about Frazier and it took this season to drop chilly … good players dont like him

players like Frazier

254. By Sweats on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I agree…players always respond to “players coaches”….Chilly was not a “players coach.” Frazier will be a great leader, because he has been there before and the team will respond to him…unlike Chilly.

255. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

if you listen to players …. they dont come out and say i dont like chilly well moss did but anyway … they will say chilly is a good guy ” . ” emphsis on the period thats it nothing else

when they talk about frazier they use descriptive words like knowledgable and he listens and cares and players coach hes been there he understands

players say a lot without saying anything

256. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

THEY LIKED CHILLY WHEN WE WERE WINNING EXCEPT FARVE. SOMEBODY NEEDS TO REMIND THE PLAYERS WHOS IN CHARGE OR HIT THE ROAD.

257. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Well put Shawn. I feel like we’d still have the class of players like Birk on the team now if it weren’t for Chilly. Birk really did a great job of leading and anchoring that offensive line.

I always had the feeling that he left the team because of Childress. He was a MN Harvard boy who was one of the most selfless players in the league, and we couldn’t keep him on his home team. Instead he went off to Baltimore, and for a contract that was almost identical to the one offered to him to stay in MN. That was the first sign to me that there was something sour in the way Chilly did his business.

258. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

good example parody local MN boy leaves for baltimore … not sunny florida or california but baltimore

259. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I still want to see Troy Williamson and Childress go at it on the 50-yard line….maybe they’ll make it a Celebrity Deathmatch now that both players are unemployed. Do they still do Celebrity Deathmatches? I haven’t seen one in such a long time…

260. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

lol idont know

261. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

But yea, I think Birk is the main reason that I want Baltimore to win the AFC and the Super Bowl. He’s a quality player with a great attitude, and he deserves it as much as anyone.

262. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Parody, I think thats it Matt Birk deserves a ring … Im a 2010 playoff Raven fan

I like Birk, Ray Lewis, and the WR chilly said no 2 whosyourmamma

263. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

There you have it: Three great reasons to root for an AFC team. Add the fact that your closet is filled with clothes that bear their primary color and a few martinis and you may not even realize that you aren’t actually rooting for the Vikes!

264. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

IT WAS THE PLAYERS WHO POOPED ON US THIS YEAR NOT REALLY NONE OF THE COACHES SO ID SAY WE HAVE SELFISH PLAYERS BUT IT ALL ROLLS DOWN HILL GET RID OF THEM ALL

265. By Shawn on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

hahah thanx parody … skol ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!

good night everyone

266. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Nokia – Go back to the Green Bay site. We’re not buying your bullshît here.

267. By Parody on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

G’Night Shawn. Skol Ravens!

268. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I GUESS THE BS U BUY IS WHAT U WATCHED ALL YEAR AND IM A LONG TIME FAN OF THE VIKES BUT WE HAVENT LOOKED THIS BAD SINCE TICE

269. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

AND WHERES THE YOUTH ON THIS TEAM IT WONT GET BETTER ANYTIME SOON. ITS BS THAT I SAY THE PLAYERS PLAYED THE GAME THEY LOVE SO MUCH HALF WAY I KNOW MOSS DIDNT RUB OFF ON THEM THAT QUICK

270. By animal26 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Just to let everyone know. Andrew Luck has already stated, that he is staying in collage to get his degree first, then he will enter the draft. Not sure if this is 100% confirmed, but sure sounded legit

271. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I GET MAD AT MY BOSS ALL THE TIME TO BUT I DONT QUIT.

272. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

GOOD IM SURE WELL BE 2-14 NEXT YEAR THE WAY WE PLAYED THIS YEAR

273. By Nakia2828 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

HOPEFULLY IM WRONG ABOUT FRAZIER BUT I DONT THINK SO HES THE NEXT SINGLETARY. WAIT UNTIL HE SHOWS SOME EMOTION THEYLL QUIT ON HIM TO.

274. By 50 years both of us on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

The only reason it would be fun to watch the Pats win is that joke Randy Moss will never get a ring. Now that’s funny

275. By Zedhead on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I love that Coach Frazier was a PLAYER. I believe that current Players respond better to Someone that has Played the Game.

276. By Jake on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Frazier is not the answer! Players that have to like the coach or they arent playing to potential is BS! A three year deal? Did we not learn anything from the chilly fiasco? It doesnt seem that any consideration was given to available coaches out there! how many interviews for the job were held? not that it matters I guess, when and if the vikes get the stadium all the seats are going to be premium seating anyway. Its all about money… sad to see the game of football slipping away.

277. By TW VIKE on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Jake if you are so annoyed, quit watching football or change teams!!! Nobody here cares.

278. By TW VIKE on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

If the NFL gave us a Super Bowl win you guys would still find something to B1TCH about.

279. By DRS on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

DawnWisconsin, you are the one who needs to get a life, and you are getting all the respect you deserve! You blogged that the Vikings did not go to the SB in 50 years, admit it you do not know your history and blew it. Yes you cheese heads Brett has a SB ring, as far as I know every team member who has gone to the SB has one, one says SB champions the other does not. I congratulate any team that can make it to the SB, they all are champions are they not, NFC or AFC. Back before the SB the Championship was the top prize, so the SB was just icing on the cake after the SB was conceived! In some ways I still think it is just that! So the packers are tied with the Vikings in Championships aren’t they cheese head.

280. By DRS on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

BTW how is that meat packing doing?

281. By Farveit on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Unarguably The Best Man for the Job, PERIOD. Congrats to a fine Man. now for the Viks, someone has to teach Loadholt how to protect the Quaterback, & how not to jump offsides. we need 2 New( Large Offensive linemen) . a healthy corner back , and another Jared Allen, also a New Football Stadium. SKOL VIKS

282. By packerfanfirst on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

@DRS That’s some convoluted logic dude. The Vikings have never been NFL or SB champs. NFC champs in the SB era ain’t the same as an NFL championship.

283. By LAVikes on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

@ favreit the new stadium is going to be in SoCal. c u n LA

284. By VIKES21 on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

FROM THE PLAYER COMMENTS, IT SEEMS THAT THEY QUIT ON CHILDRESS. IT IS GREAT THAT THEY LIKE FRAZIER AND WANT TO PLAY FOR HIM. HOWEVER TO BE A PROFESSIONAL AND QUIT ON THE COACH? THOSE GUYS SHOULD DONATE THEIR GAME CHECKS TO CHARITY OR GIVE THEM TO THE PAYING FANS THAT HAD TO WATCH THEIR POOR EFFORTS UNDER CHILDRESS. I HAVE BEEN A VIKING FAN FOR FORTY YEARS AND WANT TO SEE A GOOD PRODUCT ON THE FIELD. FRAZIER IT IS TIME TO REALLY EVALUTE YOUR PLAYERS AND THOSE QUITTERS NEED TO BE GONE INODER TO MAKE ROOM FOR SOME TRUE PROFESSIONALS THAT ARE HUNGRY AND WANT TO WIN.

285. By David Plowman on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I would like to share my thoughts with a grading scale of the vikings season. One area of concern is how can the rookie class be a bright spot of 2010? In my opinion that was the worst draft class in NFL history. Here are my grades.

QB: Grade D+ There were bright spots with both Favre and Webb. TJACK was clueless so I hope he gets the boot.

HB: A- AP is the beast. He is by far the best RB in the league and with his lack of fumbles that adds to the grade. Only 31 yards rushing against a very bad team lowers this grade.

FB: F- Who was the FB? Never stood out all season.

WR: D+ Harvin, Rice and Camarillo were the only bright spots. Berrian, Lewis and all others bring this grade down.

OL: F- No words can describe this mess. A bunch of overpaid under performing players.

TE: D- Shancoe had his moments and Kleinsaucer is a solid blokers but not too much to be excited about.

DL: D+ This unit had moments of great play but most of the time performed like they were on vacation. They seemed to be going thru the motions except for the Eagles game.

LB: B- For the most part the most underrated group. These players put forth the great effort required of good defenses. Still had lapses.

CB: F Winfield is by far the best the vikings have at that position but he played bad at times. The rest of the bunch could not cover their own hand. Cook was a total disappointment.

SS: F Does the vikings have any safeties on their roster?

FS: F Again I will ask the question from above.

Special Teams: C+ A bright spot with some good players, but at times they did not perform and very inconsistent.

P: A- A very good player but came across at times as a whiner. he needs to get a pair.

K: C+ Steady but the short kickoffs made this grade go down.

Rookie class: F The only bright spot to even be considered is Webb and he has a long way to go to be a quality QB.

I am happy to see that Frazier is the new coach. I now hope (with the hope of others) that he can clean house and right this ship. I also agree with VIKES21 to the fact that the quitters need to be shown the door and if that leave the vikings with only 20 players then so be it.

286. By Ricefield on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

It’s a bit disingenuous to say the players quit on Chilly. In several early games, the offense showed an inability to punch into the endzone. Chilly’s solution, go for it on 4th down and failing leaving points on the field.

If a coach isn’t willing to take what he’s given, it’s a blow to morale for an offense to do the job of taking the ball down the field and come away pointless.

It’s even worse when you lose close games by less than a touchdown and those field goals could have been the difference between winning and losing.

I don’t know about you, but if my efforts went unrewarded, I wouldn’t want to play for the guy either.

Those decisions also effected the defense because thanks to them, we always had to play from behind and so couldn’t play our best defenses, rushing the passer, exposing our weak secondary.

Did the players quit on Childress? Yes.

Was it unprofessional for them to do so? Maybe, but a bad leader isn’t someone anyone wants to follow.

Just my opinion of course.

287. By Duane N on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Good. Now get Josh McDaniels and Wade Phillips.

Good post Ricefield. Not sure I agree about the 4th down stuff. Biggest problem there (to me) was lack of any thinking. LET’S JUST RUN IT IN WITH AP! Baffles me that the Vikings never get Kleinsasser involved near the goal line. Use him like the Pats used Vrabel back in the day.

288. By Ricefield on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Duane N.

289. By DRS on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

packerfanfirst, dud if they are not champs how did they get to the SB? U mor-on. Face it the Vikings are the same as the packs if not better now go home and see your meat packers lose there next game.

290. By DRS on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

sorry I put the rong letter for the conferance. We will see the GB’s Lose as we will see the bears lose. Not one in this div. is that good.

291. By Iowa Vike on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

I think our defense for most of the season was a disappointment…visiting QB’s had all the time in the world to throw which lead to them outscoring the Vikes in many games. I am concerned about the poor D under Frazier and then making him coach. But with the intelligence of Childress, maybe he was the one actually controlling all aspects of the team and did not allow his staff to make decisions…..think Childress was a little power hungry (just look at the Moss thing).

292. By Iowa Vike on Jan 4, 2011 | Reply

Big problem with Childress was that made him a bad coach was that he did not take the players abilities and use those to make a team, he took his idea of a team and if you did not fit into it, you did not play or he got rid of you. Look at his first year…getting rid of the top receiver on Xmas eve? Or how many 2×4′s did he get hit with before he realized that he should probably start Adrian….a good coach makes the best of what he has…and changes his game plan to fit the skills his player have…..something Childress would not do.

293. By DOC on Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

IN DEFENSE OF OUR DEFENSE IT SEEMS TIRUS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAVE ACTUALLY WATCHED THE GAMES……3 AND OUTS CONSTANTLY, WOULD KILL ANY DEFENSE. AT THE SAME TIME… AHER ALLEN NEEDS TO GO!!! HE CAN’T COVER A BED IF HE HAD AN OPEN PARACHUTE ON HIS BACK AND HE WAS LAYING IN THE CENTER OF THE BED.

294. By Curly on Jan 7, 2011 | Reply

We all got a hot bowl of chili in the face this year and, to be honest, it didn’t taste good, and did I mention it was hot? So the curse of Favre is that we now pay for bad Chili that we can’t even eat ourselves because Big Brett brought us that wonderful run last year. But at least we’re done with that meal and on to other things like a promising future in Vikingland. Go Vikes!

2. Jan 3, 2011: Vikings Players React To Leslie Frazier Hiring | Vikings Stop Blog
  3. Jan 4, 2011: Minnesota Vikings Usher In the New Year with a New Head Coach « Purple Pants, Green Jersey