The Vikings and Detroit Lions will battle today at Ford Field beginning at 12:00 p.m. CT. While the game has no playoff implications, there are still plenty of interesting subplots to watch. Here are a few…
– With a rushing TD, RB Adrian Peterson can set a new Vikings team record for the most career rushing TDs. In just 4 years, Peterson has 52 rushing TDs and is now tied with Chuck Foreman and Bill Brown for the most as a Viking. Peterson can also continue to climb higher in the top 10 in NFL history for most rushing yards in the first 4 years. He currently has 5,751 rushing yards, which ranks 6th and trails Jamal Lewis’ 5,763 for 5th.
– The Vikings can finish with a top 10 defense for the 3rd straight year for the first time since 1992-94, when the team finished 8th, 1st and 5th. The Vikings are currently 7th after ranking 6th in ‘08 and ‘09.
– A win would give the Vikings a 4-2 record under Interim Head Coach Leslie Frazier. The team finished 3-3 in the final 6 games of the 2009 season.
– With his sack at Philadelphia last Tuesday, DE Jared Allen reached double digit sacks for a fourth straight year (10.5 sacks currently).
– P Chris Kluwe can set the team record for the most games with a 50-yard punt. Kluwe has 68 career games with a 50-yarder, which is tied with Greg Coleman for the most in team history. Kluwe can also break his own record for most punts inside the 20 in a single season. Kluwe has 30 on the year, and his team record is 33.
Tags: Adrian Peterson, Chris Kluwe, Jared Allen
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 13 Comments »