A few interesting notes to think about in advance of today’s Vikings-Lions game…
– With Tuesday night’s game at Philadelphia, the Vikings have played games on Monday night, Tuesday night, Thursday night and Sunday night this season.
– According to Elias Sports Bureau, Tuesday night’s game at Philadelphia was the first since October 1, 1946, when the New York Giants beat the Boston Yanks 17-0 at Braves Field. The game was originally scheduled for September 30 but was postponed due to rain. While the last NFL game played on a Tuesday took place in 1946, there have now been 20 NFL games played on a Tuesday.
– The Vikings have played in 5 diff erent stadiums over the last 5 weeks (FedEx Field, Mall of America Field, Ford Field, TCF Bank Stadium and Lincoln Financial Field).
– QB Joe Webb became only the 2nd Vikings rookie QB to win his first career start. The other was Rob Vander Kelen (12/15/63). Both QBs gained their first win against Philadelphia.
– Vikings VP of Player Personnel Rick Spielman worked as a college scout for the Lions from 1990-94 and as a pro scout from 1995-96. His brother, Chris, played LB for the Lions from 1988-95.
– Lions WR Nate Burleson was drafted by the Vikings in the 3rd round (71st overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft. Burleson played in Minnesota from 2003-2005.
– Lions QB Shaun Hill was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent with the Vikings on 4/25/02.
– The Vikings 66 wins against Detroit are the team’s most vs. any opponent in the NFL.
Tags: Joe Webb, Rick Spielman
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 3 Comments »