Submit Your Mailbag Questions

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 28, 2010 – 10:35 am

One minor result of the twisting and turning Vikings schedule of late due to snow storms has been the shifting of the vikings.com Monday Morning Mailbag to mornings other than Monday. This week, with the Vikings and Eagles set to kickoff tonight, is no exception. But we’ll adjust.

This week’s Monday Morning Mailbag will be a special Wednesday edition. So, submit your questions or comments between now and Wednesday morning.

To submit a comment or question to the mailbag, send an email to me at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net. You can also submit your comment or question in the comments section below this entry. Remember to include your name and town on the email. We can’t post every comment and question, but we’ll try to answer each question.

67 Responses to “Submit Your Mailbag Questions”

1. By Lisa C on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

New Years Resolutions for the Vikes
    1. Get an O-Line that can pass protect and open lanes for AP
    2. Improve the seconday
    3. Skip the Donovan McNabb experiment; it will fail.
    4. Return the Defense to fomer glory of past years
    5. Do everything you can from a PR stand point to stay in MN
    6. If Brett plays against Detroit, give him all you’ve got and win the game, he has given everything he has to the team this year, despite being injured most of the season.It would be nice if you all ran off the field together with a win. Happy New Year!!!!!

2. By ibleedpurple on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

who will the next head coach will be and will the vikings stay in Minn. or go to LA

3. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

How did you pull off that win in Philly on Tuesday night?

4. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Start every defensive player that owns a dog.

5. By vikeforever on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

as a Viking fan of 40 yrs working in Phila, it sickens me to see how exciting it is to be an Eagles fan and knowing that tonight games is going to be so one-sided. I was reading an article in the Pioneer Press suggesting that the VIkings have already given up & there is no fight left in them. Some players are quoted as saying they are playing for themselves & not for Frazier. I am so trying to see the light in this game, but I honestly cannot find anything that would suggest the VIkes would upset this team. Like other fans, just want this season to go away…Ps. Please BIll Cowher come coach this team…GO Vikes !

6. By Rich Fick on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

When are the Vikes going to get serious about drafting/trading for a Quarterback for the future instead of these one/two year patchworks?

7. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Vikeforever– players saying they are playing for themselves can be seen as a positive. They are playing as professionals for their own pride as this is their career and they do not need to play for anyone else– they are accountable for themselves. Be careful of the spin you place on what you read.

8. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Nova, so true. I believe we are going to see a miracle win tonight. I am so excited.

9. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Titus, you are indeed the eternal optimist. The only way Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth will shut up about how great Vick is tonight is if he leaves on a stretcher in the 1st quarter, which would make my season.

10. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I have seen the Vikings over the years when they look like complete underdogs come out and whip their opponent. I think sitting in a hotel for three days at Chrlstmas time after such as season as we had has lit a fire under this team– they are going to come out to prove something on a national stage. They can do it– it certainly won’t be easy–The Eagles are at home– the Vikes are pent up in a hotel– I think they will come out with attitude.

11. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

You guys don’t have to worry about your team moving to LA, we’re trying to get a pro team. c u n LA

12. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

You’ve been trying for years. How’s that working out?

13. By sadvikings on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

U LAVikes are a complete joke..u dont belong here…get outta this blog!

14. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Your grandfather must remember the Rams and Raiders.

15. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

On the other hand, they were very forgettable.

16. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

I heard the Humpty Dome is done and the Vikes will be in chipmonk stadium in 2011 and the LA Coliesium in 2012 and a new stadium in LA in 2013.

17. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

LA Vikes, you need to talk to an owner who has lost his mind. Why don’t you try Al Davis again?

18. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Stay away from grand-dads meds, you are hearing things.

19. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Nova, you can’t stop a rising tide.

20. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Are you talking about the flooding out there?

21. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

No NFL team will ever play in the Mausoleum again. Count on it.

22. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

We are going to have a beautiful new stadium for the Vikings in Minnesota, just like we did for the Twins– ESPN calls the Twins stadium the best experience in baseball. Wait till the Vikings stadium is done! Going to be SAAWEEEEEET!

23. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Reminds me of an Aerosmith song, “Dream On.”

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Titus, I’ll be there for opening day.

25. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

” California Dreamin’”

26. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I will pick you up at the airport.

27. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Every day that goes by without a new stadium deal in minnie, the Vikes are one day closer to going west coast, baby.

28. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

I will take you up on that Titus, I don’t know anybody in Minneapolis.

29. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

How can the San Fran-Oakland metro host two NFL teams and San Diego, which has a metro population under a fifth of LA, have an NFL team, but Los Angeles with about 18 million in their metro has no NFL team for decades? How can that be? Must be a reason. HMMMMMMM?

30. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Just hold up a “kill Vick” sign, even if we’re not playing the Eagles.

31. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Sure Nova, I hope it’s soon though– I may move.

32. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Could that reason be that their “fans” don’t support an NFL team? Hmmmmm………..

33. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

If it weren’t for #4, your place wouldn’t even sell out. Doesn’t sound like you can support a team either. Face it, you lose your team and root for the Packers, you’re all Packer wanna-be’s anyway.

34. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

I think the Wilfs are smart enough to know this is an incredible market in the Twin Cities and outer Minnesota. What a great brand– Vikings in MN.
    I never heard of a California Viking.

35. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

How long have you had to be a Charger fan now, L.A. Vikes?

36. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

LA–your facts are not right. We have sell-outs all the time and long before favre came along.

37. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Has Favre been in Minny for 50 years? We seemed to support the team OK without him. STAY OFF THE MEDS!

38. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Nova, they have lots of meds in LA.

39. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Packer wanna-be’s. Maybe they’ll trade Matt Flynn.

40. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Are AP and Favre playing tonight?

41. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

A.P. is, don’t think Favre will go, but you never know with him!

42. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

The Lakers are having another championship type season by the way. FYI. c u n LA

43. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

No wonder they call it la-la land.

44. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

I am not much into b-b-all. Enjoy that LA Vike.

45. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Who gives a rat’s a$$ about the Lakers?

46. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Why DO they call themselves the Lakers?

47. By Titus on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

There’s a new blog– starts with asking — what can we expect from Webb– then it says– not much. WOW. I hope the team does not read these.

48. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Oh yeah, they were the Minnesota Lakers before they moved to LA.

49. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Actually, they were the Minneapolis Lakers, but what has that got to do with anything?

50. By LAVikes on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

They moved to LA just like the Vikings will.

51. By David Plowman on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Why submit a question to this blog? The tough ones are never answered. I would ask the obvious question which is why no one answers the tough questions, but I forgot that is a tough question and no one who controls this submit your question can answer it. My wish for 2011 is:
    1. Draft a quality QB.
    2. Find some offensive linemen.
    3. Draft a decent DB.
    4. And last but not least, get someone who can answer the tough questions posted on this blog.

52. By Mike Wobschall on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Give us your “tough question” David. Maybe we’ll answer it.

53. By CaribooBill on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Mike: Can you please explain how the practice squad works vis a vis signing an O lineman off another team’s practice squad? It seems to me that the teams with a really good O-line might have good candidates on their practice squad that we could grab, but I don’t know how the signing of another team’s practice squad player works.

54. By mr smiff on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

For the record, I have no problem with Vick being taken out. Kolb should have been playing anyway.

55. By Steele on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Will the Vikes consider getting donovan McNabb

56. By paul on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

When Ziggy moves the team to Vegas I hope the state retains the Viking name and logo. That way when the N.F.L. expands in 2020 and Minnesota gets another team they can reinstate the Viking name and logo, who else would want it..

57. By Nick on Dec 29, 2010 | Reply

Why is Booker continuing to return kickoffs now that Harvin is back? Is it to protect Percy from injuries?

58. By Dustin on Dec 29, 2010 | Reply

What are the chances that either Speilman or Frazier(or whoever is next seasons head coach) will be the General Manager next season?

59. By Cullen on Dec 29, 2010 | Reply

Can you identify for us which players are restricted free agents and unrestricted free agents at the end of this season? Are you aware of any player that might have the franchise tag placed on him?

60. By David Plowman on Dec 29, 2010 | Reply

Mike,

I have submitted several tough questions and you have ignored them. I guess when the blog gets heated you respond. Here is an example of a tough question that I have submitted before.

For the 2011 draft, who should the vikings draft first? And as usual no response.
    Another one? If coach Frazier gets the head coaching job what will be his first moves in regards to players and other personnel. So Mike, read the blogs and answer the freaking questions.

61. By mike on Dec 29, 2010 | Reply

What can we expect from Joe Webb? Not much, I think he proved you wrong, he showed up last night against a playoff team. This guy has the potential to be a solid QB in the NFL with more reps. So my question is in the offseason will Joe Webb get a fair chance go start or is this just a tease?

62. By David Plowman on Dec 29, 2010 | Reply

I think one game a QB does not make. The vikings still need to draft a franchise QB with their first pick and then shore up there many other problem areas. As for webb he still misses wide open receivers. AP would have scored a TD on that scramble if Favre had been the passer, instead Webb gets sacked and the vikings settle for three. This is what I love about vikings fans. They see one good performance and declare the guy the answer. A player has a bad game and they are ready to ship him off. Vikings fans, Please come back down to earth. This team needs help in a lot of areas and the QB is still one of them. Still my hat is off to Webb for a well played game.

63. By mike on Dec 29, 2010 | Reply

First off if your not a vikings fan don’t comment on our page, you did realize this was his first time getting full action and it came against one of the leagues best at defense. Yea he missed AP but what rookie QB do you know who didn’t make a mistake on their first start, ok he missed a few open receivers but he made up for it at crunch time. A franchise QB doesn’t always get drafted in the first or second round if that was the case every team would have one. You said Favre would have hit ap for that td how come he couldn’t hit a wide open harvins in the jets game, how come he couldn’t hit a wide open bernard against the saints last season instead he threw a pick and we lost. If you have anything negative to say about a guy who performed well in his first action keep it to yourself because you don’t wanna see him start at that position.

64. By mike on Dec 29, 2010 | Reply

I just heard Frazier is still riding Favre ido he not know the season is over and its time to build for next season. If this coach won’t give us some sort of idea of what of what direction were going in next season with the QB position then maybe we should find a coach that will because I don’t want to go through that favre offseason drama again.

65. By David Plowman on Dec 30, 2010 | Reply

Mike,

First off I am a vikings fan. I have been a fan longer than you have been alive. I have been a fan since 1963. Number two, I agree franchise QB’s are not drafted in the first round but the vikings’ front office needs to do better drafting players. Number three, ONE GAME DOES NOT MAKE A QB. The post I stated where he missed AP everyone on every network had stated that as well. He had a good game but he has a huge learning curve still to navigate. And four you ask why Favre missed those two receivers and threw the interception in the saints game. The REASON. THE RECEIVER GAVE UP ON THE ROUTE. And also if it had not been for DA Chilly to send the extra player in the vikings would not have needed that play to get into field goal range. I sometimes believe that when some posts are submitted was the the person posting even watch the game. If you ask anyone in the league outside of the vikings organization, they will tell you this. WEBB IS NOT THE ANSWER FOR QB. I personally think the guy is down to earth and can be a great fiil-in. But as a starter and a team leader he falls short. And by the way being a great athlete does not guarantee that you will be a great leader and decision maker. GET A CLUE.

66. By David Plowman on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

Mike,

I have a question for you. How would you rate Webb after the Detroit game? I hate to say but the vikings need a QB. Sorry to bust your Webb balloon.

2. Dec 28, 2010: Submit Your Mailbag Questions | Vikings Stop Blog