Frazier Shares Thoughts On Sunday’s Developments

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 26, 2010 – 2:27 pm

It’s been a hectic past few hours – and weeks for that matter – for Vikings Interim Head Coach Leslie Frazier. But he did take a few moments out of this busy day to chat with vikings.com briefly at the team hotel to provide some reaction to today’s developments.

Here’s what he had to say…

“I sense that the guys wanted information. They wanted to know what was going on, what was happening. Once that information was conveyed, it seemed as if they understood the situation. They knew exactly what we needed to do to stay focused on what we came up here to do, and that’s to get a win against the Eagles. I didn’t sense discouragement, I didn’t sense disappointment. I sensed relief in knowing (when and where) the game was going to be played.”

“One of the good things about the Minnesota Vikings is we have great people working within our organization. As I’ve tried to make decisions, I’ve been able to rely on a lot of competent people within our organization for support and advice. I haven’t had to make all decisions alone; I’ve had people giving me input who are sound in their responsibilities. It’s helped me to hopefully make the right decisions. We’ve got great people working for our organization and they’ve been a great support.”

“You’d like to be able to pick up the phone and ask someone, ‘Hey, how did you handle this when your roof collapsed?’ There aren’t very many, if any, that have experienced what we’ve experienced, or at the level that we’ve experienced it. Or dealing with some of the injuries; some situations we’ve had to face during this period. But I know for me, I’ve learned a lot through it. Things I think will help me in the future. I think we’ll look back at it one day and say ‘That’s one of the reasons we’re playing as well or doing as well as an organization as we are nowbecause of that experience in 2010.’”

Tags:

75 Responses to “Frazier Shares Thoughts On Sunday’s Developments”

1. By Bigfan1 on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

I hope the coach is right.

2. By Lisa C on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

Great job, Coach!! I just hope nothing weird happens next week in Detroit. However, nothing, including aliens landing in the parking lot at Ford Field would surprise me.
    Good luck Tuesday!

3. By James F on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

This has nothing to do with the Philly game. Go Vikes!! Does anyone think we should trade for McNabb? He wants out of DC. We need a good QB right now. Come on management, make a deal!! This season did not turn out the way we all hoped. This defence needs some support from management. This team needs a proven QB to right the ship for next season. The window of opportunity is closing for another run. Oh yeah keep this coach. He seems like the right fit.

4. By ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

James be quiet about the mcnabb garbage . Our oganizations whole problem is not willing to develop a young qb with a high pick. NO WE DO NOT NEED another washed up vet…we need a qb that will be ours…developed in OUR system for OUR team…not another garbage old “proven” qb. but there’s no point in reasoning with most fans because half the world still wont admit favre is garbage.

5. By ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

And he only “wants Out” of DC because his a$$ is getting benched because rex GROSSMAN……REX GROSSMAN is a better option than him.

6. By Titus on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Mike Singletary was fired.

7. By Just The Facts on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

No wonder Frazier has interviewed 7 times for a head coaching job and he can’t land one. Just listen to him talk and you realize he’s not head coach material. The good thing about moving the game to Tuesday is that it will hopefully give Farve another two days to hopefully start. This will force everyone to finally realize that Frazier is a LOT WORSE than Chilly, because with Favre starting and the Eagles beating us by 30 points, Frazier can’t blame anyone but himself.

@ ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?
    Yes, Favre was garbage this year and he was the greatest reason why we had such a terrible season. We would have been better off with Sage/T-Jack this year, but the three stooges had to outsmart themselves by going down to Hattiesburg. We can still get McNabb and draft a young stud QB next year. Let the kid sit and observe how a 6 time All-Pro will lead us to the playoffs and Superbowl in the next few years (assuming of course the Vikings don’t hire Frazier next year as head coach).

8. By vikeforever on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I Live in NJ right across the bridge to PHIla. I saw the MCNabb years…Please fellow VIking fans he is definetly not the anwer for the VIkings. He has not velocity, he can run but he cannot run and pass with accuracy…trust me!!!

9. By Woodboat on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

@Just the Facts…

Change your name, dude. Although I agree that Frazier isn’t the guy we want leading this team, but to say that he is A LOT WORSE THAN CHILLY? Really? I didn’t know that was possible.

Everyone that I have heard talk on the subject that gets paid for their opinion says that Favre, even in his 40s and with a bad wheel, is the only option for this team at QB this season. Jackson has shown that he is completely incapable of playing the position, and yet their are fans that still complain about him not starting this year. YOU are the same fans that would’ve be complaining about the team not trying to go get Farve when we would’ve been 2-14 if they hadn’t flown off to Hattiesburg.

Favre isn’t the reason our team is garbage. Coaching and talent evaluation are big keys to our fall. You can’t draft an O Lineman with no feet to play RT. You can’t go into the season with the DBs we have and expect to defend the pass.

10. By Woodboat on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

McNabb? No, no, no. I’d rather get Garcia out of the UFL than have McNabb. I like Donovan’s personality in front of the camera, but I don’t want to see him in a purple jersey.

I’d like to see the team move Loadholt to RG where his lack of footwork isn’t as critical, move McKinnie to RT where his age isn’t as big a problem, and draft a quality, first round tackle. That should bolster the O Line to a “good-enough” stage. Grab a QB in round 2 if there is still a viable prospect available (or trade down in round 1 to get a LT and QB if it works)… the QB pool is supposed to be pretty deep this year. Then DBs, the best available until you run outta picks.

Don’t trade for McNabb, seriously… we aren’t going anywhere next year either as bad as this team is playing now. If you need an old transition QB, seriously, go get Garcia. He can run as well as McNabb, can make the same throws, and you don’t have to do anything but pay him to get him in purple.

11. By carlton whitfield on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Just forfeit the game and prepare for the Lions!!!!!

12. By Lisa C on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

LISTEN TO VIKEFOREVER! I live in CT and have watched McNabb for years. He is not the answer for the VIkes. He gets injured a lot, and he is pretty much done at this point. He wouldn’t last half the season.

13. By chuck panarella on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I heard they want to play next year outside at the university. Wouldn’t it be better to winterize the metrodome, and remove the roof.

14. By SmileyStar on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Joe is the young QB we are developing. I’d rather Favre came back next year than pick up McNabb or any other washed up veteran QB!! Would be nice after this season, if Favre were to take on the challenge of mentoring Webb, considering they are neighbors.

15. By SmileyStar on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Tom Powers: Vikings moved to Tuesday? Talk about a snow job

16. By Carl K on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat- I like your idea about moving guys around on the OL. This season is a wash at this point… so now would be a good time for the coaches to step up and try something different and evaluate some talent. Pat Brown played well in preseason at LT. Give him some playing time, a little competition for Loadholt and McKinney couldn’t hurt right now.
    Marcus Sherels and Ryan D’imperio worked hard in camp.. why not pull them up from the practice squad and give them a look. I wouldn’t mind taking a look at Seth Olsen 6-5 308 guard on our practice.

17. By Carl K on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Joe Webb and Rhett Bohmar are young and have potential to develop. I am not sure if either will be ready to start next year. I would rather mix in a veteran QB over drafting a rookie. I don’t think McNabb, Patrick Ramsey or Favre is the answer for next year. Maybe Orton or C. Palmer.

18. By DRS on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? It takes time to develop QB’s in the NFL. No young QB does well for his first two years. He need time to mature into a good QB. Good reasoning would say, get a good vet in free agency and pick a top QB in the draft. Make sure that that QB is not just some hype brought alone by the system. But above all get yourself all new line man, they stink! For all you Farve haters, Farve would have played better if the line would have done their jobs! Your T-Jack was a joke in the last game he started, so one would have to say that he was a joke to begin with. If we would have had receivers that wanted to play instead of staying on the side lines being cheerleaders, getting a pay check for doing nothing. The team failed to show up for the season, they thought it was going to be handed to them. They had a sense of entitlement and did not work for the prize. Bottom line they wanted their checks for little work, that is unions for you.

19. By DRS on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I know this is blind faith but here it goes, go Vikings and win, win, win on Tuesday.

20. By DRS on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Happy New year one and all! May God bless U-all

21. By Titus on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I have a feeling this game will be the upset of the century. Go Vikings! Go out with some glory and beat the Eagles.

22. By SmileyStar on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

If our Defense and secondary show up and play their best, we get some turnovers, and the o-line can create a running lane or give the QB enough time to throw the ball; We’ll win!!

23. By DRS on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Flag football, the trend of the NFL, soon to be the FFL, (Flag Football league). That is what unions bring you. Just think, less injuries for the mighty boys out there on the field. They could then show off their ballerina moves and look so good for the ladies.

24. By DRS on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

If the team would have showed up at the beginning of the year, we would all be singing a different tune.

25. By Bigfan1 on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Vikings’ staff shouldn’t even be thinking about McNabb, we need an Andrew Luck type to build this organization around not somebody to give a one or two year hope….long term should be the goal. Webb has a lot of potential and they should primarily work him definitely release TJ next season. They also need to get some good offensive and defensive linemen, a tall order given only 6 draft picks this year.

26. By Chilly4Life on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

The problem at quarterback is Brett Favre. If the Vikings would have given either Jackson/Webb/(even) Rosenfels an opportunity to start a couple of games and settle in, we (almost definitely) would not have turned the ball over as much and would have quite possibly found the Vikes winning games. Change in 2011.

Rehire Chilly.

27. By Shawn on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

TRADING FOR MCNABB WOULD BE THE SMARTEST THING VIKINGS COULD DO …. HERES WHY

1- WE DONT HAVE A QB READY TO PLAY

2-WE DONT HAVE A QB THAT UNDERSTANDS HOW TO PREPARE AND STUDY AND OR JUST BE PROFFESIONAL

3-DONOVAN MCNABB WOULD BE THE PERFECT GUY TO MENTOR OUR CURRENT QBS AND / OR OUR DRAFTED QB

4-MCNABB HAS PROVEN TO BE A TRUE PROFFESIONAL, AND HAS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY HAD PROVEN POSITIVE INFLUANCE ON BOTH KEVIN KOLB AND MICHAEL VICK

28. By Shawn on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

and all you people who think Webb, TJack , or Sage would be or could be better than Favre or McNabb … SHHHHHH!!!!

ITS NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Favre still gives us the best chance right now to win….

29. By Titus on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Favre is our best chance- he is smarter than all the other QBs- he can read a defense like a child can read a Coco Puffs Cereal box. But, our O line cannot protect him and every defense in the league plays with one goal– knock Favre out of the game– and ever since the New Orleans game- every team sees that as the plan for success.
    Question– If Favre is not our best chance to win, then why do opposing defenses try so hard to get him out of the game? One answer. Favre can pick apart a defense like a hungry linebacker pulls apart a wing at Buffalo Wild Wings.

30. By Shawn on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

@woodboat …

I love that OL idea you have moving loadholt and big mac and draft a LT … wish it was as easy as calling coach and making it happen cause its a really good idea

and as you can see from my 2 previous posts i disagree with your mcnabb idea … i think mcnabb for 2 years could be very beneficial

31. By Shawn on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

and Tim Tebow has actually shown potential …. so Kyle Orton might be our guy next year …

He will be a free agent … which means we dont even need to trade anything like we would for McNabb

32. By Titus on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I am torn about McNabb. On the one hand, he has been a winner many times over the past decade, and although he is a little older, he is a baby compared to most of the graveyard QBs the Vikings have gotten– McNabb is seven years younger than Favre. He probably has a couple solid years left. And he might serve as a good mentor– we need an experienced QB to mentor a young future QB– we need both so we minimize any “transitional years”– we could be in the playoffs next year again with the right changes.
    ON THE other Hand– I have always sensed McNabb was good, but not quite good enough– I like him as a person and player, but I am not impressed with his play– I see footba-lls aimed at the ground way too often.

33. By Shawn on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

yea titus i hear ya …. thats all valid, but i bet McNabb is better than what we have now excluding Favre … but the fact he is a proven mentor and a solid QB are huge to me when i look at the young guys we have or the guy we might draft …. and also I wont be upset if we dont get him

34. By Carl K on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

If washington cuts mcnabb… I would not have a problem with signing him as a free agent. I wouldn’t trade any draft picks for him. We don’t have a 3rd round pick this year.

35. By Shawn on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

carl we do have another 3rd round pick … we had 2 and traded 1, but i understand

36. By Shawn on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

i wish mike wobs would start giving us off season fun facts like how many draft pics we have per round and what free agents might pop up ….

37. By Carl K on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Shawn- I think we traded our third round pick for Randy Moss. I think that was our only one for the third round. IT IS GONE! wasted!

38. By Carl K on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I think we have two 5th round picks because we traded sage for a 5th.

39. By Woodboat on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

@ shawn… and others…

I don’t have a problem with McNabb, really. I just don’t think he is worth giving something up to get him. You can get Garcia for free, and I think he’s in the same ballpark as McNabb at this point. If he’s a free agent, sure, grab him. If we do, please folks, don’t start making positive Superbowl predictions, because he’s not getting us there.

40. By Woodboat on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Hey, does anyone know if there is an ignore function on this blog? Anyone that says that Jackson/Rosenfels wouldn’t have thrown the interceptions that Favre did this year and that we would have won with either of them over Favre, and then goes on to demand the team rehire Childress needs to be banned.

41. By SmileyStar on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I’m not sure that Mcnabb would be able to do better than Webb. He’s a third string QB, Rex Grossman took his job!!! Rex Grossman!! Maybe we should just bring Favre back next year and give him a better o-line, just to see if the problem was really him or the o-line.

42. By Woodboat on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know, folks. I think that most of us are on the same page. I desparately want this team to have a HoF quarterback that so many other teams have enjoyed. Our last really good QB was Fran Tarkenton… over 30 years ago. We have had some serviceable stand ins… Moon, Cunningham, B Johnson, Culpepper, and others…. but never a Montana, Elway, Manning, Brady, Young… even a Marino, Kelly, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, M Ryan.

I think it was Shawn that said that rookies always need time on the bench to develop. I don’t know, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford all look pretty darned good with the ball in their hands.

So lets all keep our fingers crossed that Joe Webb is that guy we want, or that the scouting department finally hits on a QB draft pick this year.

43. By Carl K on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Favre gave us a great run last year!! I hate seeing him go out like this… but I agree with Steve Mariucci it is time to hang it up. I hope he doesn’t try to play against Philly. I would like to see him play one last game agiants the lions, and go out a winner.

44. By Woodboat on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

BTW, we won’t have the option to bring Favre back. The league has been holding off on the whole texting scandal thing ti lthe end of the year. If he decided to come back, and why would he, he’ll be facing a messy suspension that will probably drive a deeper dagger into his marriage. No way he comes back.

45. By Jake on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I believe we need a complete overhaul. we need to build a team next year and be ready to compete in our new dome in 2012 or 2013. young stud d backs and a complement of young quarterbacks. I would like to see minnesota offer a QB coaching job to favre. frazier back to d coord, and a maybe gruden or the tuna at the helm.

46. By Titus on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, I probably agree with you more than I disagree, but I do not agree on the banning of others— everyone has the right to express their opinion. Differences are what make the blog lively and they also are fodder for expanding one’s own viewpoint. We can learn from one another.
    That said, some of the posts may not have much value, but there is a person behind it– if what they say seems ridiculous, just let it be.

47. By SmileyStar on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat – Joe’s got the raw talent and the right attitude. Hopefully, he wins the future QB position. Either way we need a better o-line and I think that should be priority #1, because if we have the same line issues next year, it doesn’t matter who the QB is.

48. By Jake on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

now is an excellent time to start weeding out the garden. I think there are going to be some promising backups on the qb free agency that will be looking for a starting job. that should give us some time to develope a backup. our rebuilding should begin in the defense though. We really need some LB and DB help!

49. By Carl K on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Titus – I hope your gut is right about the vikes pulling off the upset of the century agianst Philly. I am a Joe Webb fan – I would love to see him start , play well and get a win.

50. By Jake on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

@smileystar- I’m sorry, I just dont think joe is ready, I see a lot of T jack in him. He is too quick to pull it down and take off running. sure once in a while thats great to have a qb with some legs, but his longevity in the nfl is shortened and risk a lot of bench time with injury. He was drafted as a reciever, lets see him play! I like joe, just not at qb, YET

51. By Carl K on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Shawn – I agree it would be nice if Mike Wobschall could give us some fun facts about our 2011 draft picks, some free agents to watch, and which current viking free agents should/will be resigned.
    Why have we not signed S. Rice or Chad Greenway by now? Why wait? Will the new CBA make that big of a difference?

52. By Jake on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Does anyone else like matt flynn? as much as I hate the pack…. he impressed me with a 100+ qb rating against the pats he will be a free agent next year and will be hungry for a starting spot…..

53. By Carl K on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Jake, I think you make a great point with Webb. I think they should use him like the Jets use Brad Smith – kick returner, WR, wildcat and emergency QB.
    Right now we don’t have much choice – he is our guy, ready or not.

54. By Jake on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

thanks carl, you got it right he is the most familiar with the O, it would be fun if the line would give him the luxury of being able to learn and not be running for his life every pass play! haha

55. By Carl Brodin on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

56. By Carl Brodin on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Maybe trying Loadholt at RG this year & Mckinnie at RT & Patrick Brown at LT maybe we have a diamond in the rough and for next year put a tight end on that side or chip with a FB or RB. Definately get rid of Mckinnie in the off season for possiblly for a third round draft pick. I agree behind a improved offensive line Mcnabb or any other free agent QB could do good given time especially with our group of wide recievers & having AP & Booker in the backfield sure does help. I think we need to get back to throwing the ball to our running backs out of the back field. I also agree we need another CB & Safety drafted. Time also to let the young guys play at Linebacker example Erin Henderson and the younger DT’s.

57. By Hector on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I believe both James F and “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?”
    We need a QB now, and Mc Nabb could fit the bill. We also need a young QB to develop. Unfrotunately, history tells us that in this day and age, QB’s develop somewhere and go to a bigger team given half a chance (unless you shower them with $$$$).
    The Vikes don’t have the $$ to shower a “developed and young” QB at this time, so we have to make do with:

1: A veteran if somewhat over the hill QB like a MacNabb who could do the day-to-day job in a reasonable manner and teach the youngsters
    2: A couple of good young back-ups to take over the organizations at a later date

That’s my two cents

58. By James F on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Let’s not forget that Farve was also discarded for A.Rodgers. I love Farve and his desire to compete.He didn’t have the magic this year. I thought this team was going to the Superbowl. NOT what I had planned!! This team is underachieving and the personel has not changed much. They need to win right now. Webb will not be ready for a couple years. This team can be blown up by that time. Garcia= okay Orton= C’mon man!! Palmer= okay and one more thing Titus you’re making me hunger with your posts.

59. By Carl Brodin on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings would have enough money for a young first round QB to develop. Just get rid of the big contracts we dont need as much as i hate to say it. Pat Williams needs to go we have more than enough DT’s to fill the hole he will leave. We also could let been leber go that is not easy for me to say because i’m a leber fan but it’s time to let Erin Henderson show what he can do. We will need to find a free agent safety to go with A. Winfield we will need to get a decent free agent guard. Draft a 2nd round Tackle in case Patrick Brown is not the man but i have a good feeling about him. We should bring Scherels up from the practice squad for these last two games to see what he can do. We will need to sign Rice,Greenway to new contracts. Letting Edwards go will not be difficult either he’s done alot of talking but thats alll he’s done we need more production out of the defensive end spot opposite of Jared Allen. I think we have found that in Everette Griffin. It would be nice if we could get Bennie Sapp back on this squad that would provide some depth as far as our CB are concerned.

60. By Stephanie on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

is there any way the Vikings could get Matt Flynn for next season? I’m serious. It’s his third season with the Packers, you’d think at some point they’d have to get rid of him. he looked pretty good against the Patriots except for a couple plays. just a thought along with drafting a QB.

61. By Stephanie on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

and I feel bad for Donovan McNabb, but he’s been injured quite a bit late in his career and I don’t think the Vikes should get him. only if they can get him for a low amount and have him as a back-up.

62. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

I think we should draft a QB in a high round…hey guys. let’s be honest…we need a lot of help. The o-line, the secondary, at this point the d-line even needs some overhaul. I don’t know if McNabb is the answer, but could definitely mentor a young or rookie QB.

63. By Just The Facts on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

FACT #1 -> FAVRE AND T-JACK HAVE NEARLY IDENTICAL QB RATINGS THIS YEAR.

FACT #2 -> FAVRE AND T-JACK HAVE LOST TO EVERY TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD AND WON AGAINST EVERY TEAM WITH A LOSING RECORD.

64. By Just The Facts on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

BASED ON THE TWO FACTS JUST STATED ABOVE

(1) IF YOU WANT TO SAY T-JACK IS GARBAGE THIS YEAR THAN YOU HAVE TO SAY FAVRE IS GARBAGE AS WELL.

(2) IF YOU WANT TO SAY FAVRE PLAYED POORLY BECAUSE OF THE O-LINE, BAD COACHING, ETC, THEN YOU HAVE TO SAY THE SAME THING WHEN T-JACK PLAYED.

FACTS SUCK DON’T THEY!? :-)

65. By Shawn on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Fact …

1-Favre is a hall of famer

2-tjack is a future nfl journeyman and career back up

3-favre didnt have sidney rice

4- when favre had a number 1 reciever in moss he played at a rating over 80

5-tjack had sidney rice

so shhhhhh with your non sense

66. By fmfan on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Favre is NOT a Hall of Famer (not yet). When Favre had Moss he also had Harvin, T-Jack only had Rice (#1&#2 wr.).

67. By Shawn on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

fmfan … lol thanks for buttoning up the rest of the loose ends …

and so we are clear Favre has not played as well this year as Favre lovers want to believe and tjack has not played as bad as the haters want to believe

however Favre still gives us the best chance right now to win …. even if it doesnt matter anymore

68. By fmfan on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

would we want to play Favre or do we need to see what we have for players for next year (QB, OT, DT, DB)?

69. By fmfan on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Favre, P.Williams, Leber should not be back next year and that will save over 24 million to help sign Rice, Greenway and others.

70. By Carl Brodin on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Farve,Mckinnie,Leber,P.Williams,M.Williams. This will save alot of money and then we can go get a QB in free agency and the draft also get an offensive lineman and a CB and or Safety. Where set at Linebacker and Defensive line.

71. By David Plowman on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

It is a done deal. The vikings will trade all of their draft picks for the WASHED up McNabb. He is a joke. Leave him and his money in Washington. The only mentoring he could do for webb is teach him how to cry about getting benched. If the vikings’s front office gets McNabb it will be worse move they will make in their 51 year history. Take next year to develop a very good franchise QB. Look at the teams that have done that. TB, ATL, St Louis, Detroit. CMon get with it McNabb is NOT THE ANSWER.

72. By Stoney on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Coach says all the right things, but lets be honest, this team has not cared about winning all season. They have played gutless, half a$$ed ball all year.

73. By SmileyStar on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Just the Facts – I don’t recall Favre injuring his own teammate. I’m hoping AD can play tonight, Otherwise I will be concerned that TJACK did more damage to AD than I originally thought.

74. By tennessee fan on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

The collapse of the Metrodome roof is sadly a synopsis of this organization. Chilly mortgaged the farm to get Farve and it almost worked but not to be. The team is really looking old in the middle. We have only on DB and our OL is just atrocious. I really dont know where this team goes from here because I think next year may be even worse. Please ownership, get rid of Frazier. This guy is not head coach material!!!!

2. Dec 26, 2010: Frazier Shares Thoughts On Sunday’s Developments | Vikings Stop Blog