Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 23, 2010 – 7:21 am

Steve Hutchinson and his wife, Landyn, hosted an early Holiday Part for young patients and their families – roughly 100 people – at the University of Minnesota Children’s Amplatz Hospital on Tuesday.

This is a tradition the Hutchinsons have started, as they hold a similar event each year on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

The event took place at its usual location – the Bridges Cafeteria – and several of Hutchinson’s teammates joined as well, including Ben Leber, Freddie Brown, Patrick Brown, Jon Cooper, Phil Loadholt and John Sullivan. The Hutchinsons purchased gifts for each patient at the party and then Leber led the group of players on visits to patients throughout the hospital who were unable to attend the event.

Since signing with the Vikings in 2006, the Hutchinsons have been active in the local community. They regularly host Holiday parties at the University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital and Hutchinson also hosts a golf tournament each summer that benefits the Hospital. Hutchinson also hosts a separate celebrity golf tournament each year that benefits Mott’s Children’s Hospital and he took part in the 2008 Minnesota Governor’s Fishing Opener.

Tags:

142 Responses to “Steve And Landyn Hutchinson Host Early Holiday Party At Amplatz Children’s Hospital”

1. By VIKE....FAN ....65 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

why is it holiday party, and not chirstmas party

2. By DRS on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Because the atheist will come and get you, that is why. VIKE….FAN ….65

3. By Frederick Jones on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Merry Ch-Mas to everyone.

If I made you mad, sorry it was never intended to be personal.

We have many things in common, and one of them is to develop a winning NFL team again in Minnesota.

For this team it starts with obtaining standout OFFENSIVE LINEMEN.

——- :) :) :) :) :)

4. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

This is a good story– everyone needs to help others. You do not need to be a millionaire to lift someone’s spirit. You just need a giving and loving heart. By the way Mike– you left out the “y” on party in your first sentence.

5. By mr smiff on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

:) :) :) :) :)

6. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Merry Chri st mas Everyone!! :)

7. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Mr Smiff!! Do you know my pastor is from Trinidad?

8. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9. By Justin on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

This is why Hutchinson (and his family) is awesome. I hope that we do keep him for the next several years.

10. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Now we know what Rex Ryan wants in his Xmas stocking….his wife’s foot.

11. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Nova?

12. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Merry Xmas Titus, can’t stay long.

13. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Apparently Rex is into feet, not yards!

14. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Rex Ryan……open mouth, insert foot!

15. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Funny, Nova, very funny.

16. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

17. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Rhett Bomar ….

18. By Justin on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I say they convert the Jets field into feet, not yards.

19. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

theres no doubt the vikings will look differant next year check this article out ….

20. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Let’s see what Bomar can do– interesting, he could be the future.

21. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Daunte Culpepper?

22. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

@titus … yea reading that article gave me some optimism Rhett Bomar sounds like he has potential

23. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I am not even looking at Culpepper– I was never a huge fan of his all the years he played here– N. O. Simple, in my opinion, no.

24. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

That yardbarker podcast on the changes– that was not so hot, Shawn– plus there were some grotesque pics on there– please warn me, I don’t want my eyes to take that in— errr—- get some windex for my vision.

25. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

And just think, we can chant Rhett for the next ten years, and think it’s Brett.

26. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Im not for Culpepper either, too many turnovers from him and the other article i thought was just funny …. what dirty pics though?

27. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Tthere was no written article, i hit the title for Changes and it showed a screen — again no article, just podcast– and on the right side towards the bottom there was one weird photo—

28. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

hahaha i know there was no article …. i found it amusing =)

29. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

hmm are you talking about the pick of cutler?

30. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

No, never mind.

31. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I would like to see Rhett play– someone with some experience. We cannot win with Webb next year– he may be great in a few years. I think we can beat the Eagles.

32. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

where is everyone?

33. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Fred? Nova? Arrow? Shawn? Stephanie, Sonja? Sue?

34. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Mr Smiff? DRS?

35. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Anyone?

36. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Old School?

37. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Titus, are you still there?

38. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Maybe we need to start a Bring Back Chilly Campaign to get these boards going.

39. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Hey Stephanie.

40. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I figure if I add about twenty comments, others will think something is happening and jump on board.

41. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

nooo Titus, lol. although that would get people going. when the year has gone the way it has, it’s hard for the Vikings webpage to write about anything positive going on for this season. It’s all about next season, lol.

42. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

so it sounds like Webb is going to start again. It’ll be interesting to see how he does. I don’t expect much from him because he’s so raw and inexperienced. It’s not his fault, it’s just where he’s at. and the o-line won’t be much help either. I’m trying to be positive, but I just don’t see how the Vikes can win on the road against the Eagles with the way they have been playing in all three phases…with a rookie QB! but I guess you never know in the NFL.

43. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I would not be surprised if Frazier puts one of the more experienced QBs in, especially if Webb struggles and we get behind early. Frazier needs this win — it could cement his future as head coach. If he loses the next two, we may see a Parcells type come in.

44. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I know what you mean. I think that’s exactly why Frazier was hoping Brett would be healthy enough to play even though people keep asking why he would play Brett since he won’t be here next year. well, Frazier doesn’t care about next year because if he doesn’t win now, he may not be here next year! if Brett can’t go (most likely not) and Webb struggles a lot, I think you’re right that he might put in one of the more experienced QBs. the only thing I wonder if how well any of them know the offense.

45. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I think Rhett looks very promising (rhymes with Brett too), and although he has never worked an offense like ours, he is probably more poised than Webb. I knew all along that Webb would not look like he did in pre-season– don’t get me wrong, I think he has great potential. But from facing third stringers in meaningless games to facing top defenses in games where teams are trying to win their divisions– different animal. Webb is not ready for it. Don’t make a baby marathon when he just started to crawl.

46. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Might get to see Brett Rhett Boomer Bomar against the Lions , after a full week with the team …. I think he has huge potential what a pck up … and from what I hear Parcells would just be a football guru, so he may or may not keep frazier …. might be able to go with the best safety or LT in the first round and WR second round

47. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I know what you mean about Webb. He has no poise in the pocket (again, nothing against him, he’s just inexperienced) and he is not comfortable with the offense yet. Everyone’s like “let’s see what Webb’s got!” and I’m thinking ‘don’t get your hopes up with unrealistic expectations and then throw him under the bus because he didn’t perform well.’ most QBs cannot come in without any experience on a team that has been struggling and do great. like you said, preseason against third string defenses when it doesn’t count is one thing. performing under pressure and making plays when it’s needed is another.

48. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Mike Wobs, can you let us know how many pics we have in each round of the draft this year?

49. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Yes, I have a good feeling about Rhett. I know it’s early to tell, but often the gut is accurate. What about Ramsey?

50. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Hey Steph + Titus, just thought about it QB- Bomar, WR – Webb … 1st and 2nd round LT and safety …. super bowl next year =)

51. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Exactly– can you imagine coming in for your first game as a rookie against Urlacher, Peppers, and company vying for a division title and maybe second seed? Not to mention having 1.5 seconds to throw the ball.

52. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

nah ramsey is just a body … IMO, I would rather have TJack

53. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Why not? I do not agree with some of the naysayers — we can be competitive next year– we do not need to spend 5 years re-building.

54. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I am hoping Webb could grow into a Kordell ” Slash ” Stewart b4 he became a full time QB

55. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

why not what titus …. we agree on bomar , im just saying id rather have tjack than ramsey

56. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Im thinking with the addition of Rhett Bomar we move Webb to the Slash role WR and a full offseason to prepare draft a safety and LT … were right back in the mix

57. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

My draft …

round 1. LT or Safety … best available
    round 2. whichever LT or safety we didnt get in round 1

round 3 -7 rinse and repeat LT or Safety

competition baby

58. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

My why not was in response to your post:

59. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

you know injuries seemed to really affect this team this year. it wasn’t the only thing, but it certainly didn’t help. last year we were relatively lucky with a low amount of injuries. this year is the exact opposite. Rice, Harvin, AP, several guys on the o-line, several guys on defense, and of course Brett because the o-line was terrible (well, and he’s 41). look at the Bears, they have almost no injuries. not that that’s the only reason there winning but it’s hard to find a team with lots of injuries that make it to the playoffs. even the Colts are struggling to win their division with all the injuries they have. so maybe next year the injury bug won’t bite us as bad.

60. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know much about Ramsey– have heard good and bad. One thing, you cannot compare him to TJack— I know basically nothing about Ramsey, but he has to be better than TJack.

61. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Biggest difference this year from last– Favre was still healing with his ankle, and Chester Taylor traded, and Rice not in for the first half of the season–

62. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

yup i agree steph … we havent had injury bug hit our team this hard for years … and i feel a little bad Frazier has to play for his job in this mess

63. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

true Titus…Chester Taylor was huge in third downs last year. one more thing I’ve mentioned before that has hurt the team this year…I think they had twice as many offensive penalties as last year. think about it. If you keep putting yourself in long 2nd and 3rd down situations and your o-line isn’t that good, what are the odds of going down the field and scoring very often? and not having Rice most of the season absolutely was a huge blow to the team.

64. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

lol i am not a TJack fan but he is a decent back up … and Ramsey cant hold a job so thats where im coming from

65. By Arrow86 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Can I jump in????

66. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I think Zygi will bring in the Tuna– mark my words. Maybe not as coach, maybe as GM or whatever– but Zygi will bring someone in who can clean sweep this whole organization. I guarantee it.

67. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Arrow, since when do you need to ask/ My strategy worked– I posted 9 comments in a row to make it look like action was on this blog and the fish are feeding!

68. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I know, Shawn. I like Frazier and the team respects him. He does remind me of Tony Dungy. I do feel bad that he has to try and win with the situation given him.

69. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

hey arrow welcome … and sure you can jump in only if you agree with me =)

70. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

be right back…

71. By Arrow86 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Quarterback: TJack will be a success someday, somewhere other than Minnesota. He’s damaged in his confidence. I don’t think he reads these blogs, otherwise he’d be scarred for life. Good man. He needs a fresh start. We’ve seen that in our own professional lives.

The lovely Stephanie brought up injuries. We have a ton of them. Rice missing 8 games, Harvin 2 games, Cedric missing several, all of our safeties have missed games at some point. O-line is a patchwork. On the good side our Linebackers have been intact all season compared to E.J.’s near career ending injury in 2009. D-Line is relatively injury free, but haven’t gotten the pressure and sacks of last year.

72. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

yea i just worry about letting Frazier go … and he becomes the next Dungy or Tomlin

and I agree titus I think the wilfs are serious about winning and will do whatever it takes

73. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

yea goo point about TJ , wish him the best … Arrow did you read the article I posted on rhett bomar?

74. By Arrow86 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I’m glad Shawn is still here, Shawn have you started to lobby for Rex Ryan as Viking coach yet? You’ve said that you often put your foot in your mouth, and he sounds like a good fit? HA! I’m kidding you of course, as I do agree with 90-95% of what you say, and only 30-32% of what I say. HA!

75. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

there is also a really good article about how the vikings might look next year up above …

76. By Shawn on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

lol arrow … its sad media bothering rex about him and his wife

not sad like boo hoo but sad like pathetic

77. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

We can be thankful for the Wilfs– they want to win.

78. By Arrow86 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Titus: I’ve heard reports that support your claim on the N.F.L. network. I also look at the character of Frazier being an attractive fit to continue to lead this organization. So it is a tough one. What I’ve heard is the Wilf’s have always admired Parcells. Parcells guy right now is Sparano of Miami who may be available if the Dolphins fire him. The Wilf’s I think are fair minded people. We all want the Ferrari, but what Frazier inherited when he took the leadership role is a rusted out Chevy Chevette with some kick’n spinners on it. The Wilf’s may find an experienced GM to help mold this team to the schemes of Frazier, someone with no ties to existing players who are underperforming, that makes it easier if it’s deemed they need to part ways. Just my two cents.

79. By Arrow86 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Yeah Shawn: Stories like the Ryan’s remind us of why we can be actually glad to not be in the spotlight or fame. Who cares about this nonsense? I’d be far more concerned if their was child-p–n, and it isn’t anything that indicates infidelity, so who cares?? It’s good to be Shawn, Titus, Stephanie, and Arrow 86, even though my real name is Sylvia Wisp.

80. By Stephanie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I havne’t turned on the TV the past several days…what about the media bothering Rex and his wife?

81. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

II agree Arrow– I am too tired to figure this blog out– I wrote a lengthy comment and nothing was remotely suspect as a swear word, so I finally deleted it. Maybe when I said Tuna?

82. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Rex has a foot fetish and made a couple home clips of his WIFES feet … and the media was drilling him

83. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

titus … i figured out you cant say cl’uster because it has lu’st in it

84. By Stephanie on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

yes, thank God I’m not famous! forget that. everything I do or don’t do would be critiqued. everything I say would be under the microscope. and all these self-righteous people that judge, I’d like to know all the thoughts they’ve ever had in their heads and everything you’ve ever done in private because while I don’t condone some of the behaviors of people, I would say let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

85. By Stephanie on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, really? that’s it? lol. I was waiting for something big about Rex, not a foot fetish….

86. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

good stuff steff … i have a saying pain causes pain … i use it to try not to judge people because I dont know the pain behind a persons action

87. By Stephanie on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

remember what life was like before the internet? sure we wouldn’t be able to chat like this, but there would be a lot less worthless stories coming from the media. it’s too easy to post something online!

88. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

yea steph it was ridiculous they wouldnt leave him alone … IT WAS HIS WIFE

89. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie made a point about not setting our expectations too high on Webb right now as QB. He’s coming in against two of the best defenses with very little experience as a QB in this league. One thing that has me saying WOW! Did you see how quick he got outside the pocket and beat two guys to the corner? His athleticism, was something Chilly/ Spielman deserve credit for seeing.

90. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Everything is news nowadays.

91. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Well, Arrow there are voices of reason on this blog right now– I am sure there are many critics of Webb now after he played a first rate defense of a team in the playoffs– probably the same people that saw him in pre-season and have been calling for him the past month– now they change their mind. Webb may be great one day– and that touchdown run was fantastic.

92. By Stephanie on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

that’s good Shawn, I always try to put myself in someone else’s shoes. of course there’s a balance and like I said, I don’t condone certain behavior, but I don’t always know what someone’s going through. honestly I do consider myself a person of integrity who is faithful to my husband and tries to live a right life both in public and in private. I’m involved in my church, and I’ve realized that people need grace more than they need judgement. again there needs to be a balance b/c obviously there needs to be accountability for one’s actions. but I know that everyone is tempted in one way or another and thankfully I’m not under the same pressure that some other people are. I’m thankful the whole world doesn’t know all my faults. anyways, sorry for getting too deep, lol.

93. By Stephanie on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

well, back to football talk, lol.

94. By Stephanie on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

hey guys, I’m going to head to bed. good talk about Webb and the other QBs. I have no idea what to think of Sunday’s game. just hope the Vikings play better than on Monday night!

95. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

I think we could have one of the most creative offenses in the league with Rice, Webb, Harvin and Peterson on the field at the same time … and I cant wait to see BRett Homar play

96. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

night steph

97. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

add Shiancoe and an upgrade to Berrian … WOW

98. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

The media needs to ask the tough question. Wobschall would have a much better blog, if he’d actually ask some of the questions we as fans are asking on here. The reason, their is no way to spin a direct question, that is based in fact. When someone tries to duck those questions, people see them for who they are. Media reports stories with a viewpoint, and gather facts to support that viewpoint. Instead of gathering facts, and then developing a viewpoint from the facts.

99. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Goodnight Stephanie: You add some great insights, come back soon! Happy holidays!

100. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Merry Chris-tmas everyone

101. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

everyone logging out?

102. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

the name of my savior, Lord, and best friend is a swear word– thanks to all the folks who use it that way. this blog is over the top. You cannot say glas-ses either because there is a Middle Eastern donkey after the l.

103. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Looks that way Shawn– look forward to the win against the Eagles.

104. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Titus and Shawn: I’m glad your here, because you guys follow some of these guys the Vikings get through these transactions far more than I ever will. Rhett Bomar, what I know is: Didn’t he play at Oklahoma, had high expectations. Something off-field made him ineligible and he transferred to the “College of the Pocono’s” or some smaller school. His skills as a quarterback were always spoken of in high regard. Let’s just say we Bomar becomes the starter in 2011, Webb is a receiver, Rice, Harvin, AP, and Shiancoe. We follow Shawn’s draft / FA guide that I do 100% agree with. We could be a lot better next year. My concern…if Bomar is as great as we hope he is, why hasn’t he ever played in the NFL before?

105. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

ok … Go Webb!!! Skol Vikes!!! and g’night to all and to all a g’night

106. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

arrow im here

107. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

I posted an article up top about rhett bomar and he was 3rd string to Eli Manning

108. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Arrow, you got that right about Rhett.

109. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Titus: You said earlier that you don’t see why we can’t be very good as soon as next year? The problem with the Vikings is we’re now old. We have the oldest team in the division, which can translate to having more injuries. I looked at Leber’s career stats tonight, he’s declining every year since 2007, is now over 30 and making $4million. We have to evaluate player by player and break ties where production and payroll meet. The Packers when healthy will win the North next year. The Bears are always up and down. The Lions have now strung 3 great drafts together and compete hard every Sunday. They will be above .500 I believe in 2011.

110. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Arrow– you are putting words in my mouth– go read my statement– I did not say very good, I said competitive. We have one of the best backs in the league, Rice, add a couple good players at key position– we can be right back in it. Why have low expectations?

111. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

we have Erin Henderson ( EJ Hendersons brother ) as Lebers back up and I think we play a ton of nickle this year …. which keeps the 3rd LB which is Leber off the field

letroy guion for pat williams … erin henderson for leber …. I believe we get some consistant play from our LT, FS/SS, and QB … avoid injuries we can win the division

112. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: I read the Bomar feed you provided. Anytime, someone wants a chance to prove themselves, I think that is a positive start. Remember though, the #2 in NY was our #1 until Favre blew into town. Experience really elevates quarterback’s value, and he hasn’t had that opportunity yet. Once given that opportunity, he may be a very good #1 or #2.

113. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

I think our defense can dominate again– especially with a good QB and some reinforcements in the O Line– any defense gets tired when the offense keeps coming off the field with no points– some minor changes and we are right back in it– Arrow, I did not hear that comment the Packers will win the division next year.

114. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: You’ve mentioned it before. Our collage of safeties have not proven they can play at this level. I agree on Erin, LaTroy, maybe Griffen for Edwards. Edwards with the right coach, might become one of the best. O-line and secondary, fill gaps with lower priced free agents to provide experience and depth. WE maybe aren’t as bad as we’ve looked, but our depth is killing us!

115. By Just The Facts on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

To say that Ramsey or Sage or almost every backup in the league is better than T-Jack is not factual. If either of these two were better than T-Jack then Spielman and Childress would have either cut or traded T-Jack and left a spot for one of those two stiffs or chosen some other backup to Favre. No one on this blog site and obviously neither Spielman or Childress would keep an inferior backup if there was someone else in the league that was better, otherwise it could cost them their jobs.

Also I really hope that Favre will play this Sunday. Not because it will make any difference, because Favre’s got an average QB rating of 60 when he plays against a team with a winning record. I want him to play so we can finally prove that Frazier is NOT head coaching material. No more excuses to hide behind. He tried to use T-Jack as the scapegoat against the Giants even though the defense had just as large a part in the loss.

I’ll take Chilly and T-Jack against Frazier and Favre any time, any where, any season, any team.

116. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

yea i know he hasnt proven anything yet but i guess i get excited … im optimistic at least with the vikings until they prove they cant do it … and I havent given up on webb but ive already put bomar ahead of webb long term in my head … i think webb has a unique gift that might fit the kordell slash stewart role

117. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Titus: YOu’re my lucky rabbits foot, and keep me positive. It’ll be a very interesting off season. We can’t get too attached to our players when their productivity is dropping off. Our offense has us playing behind all year. We can’t run as much, using the clock. Green Bay controlled 2/3 of the game with the Patriots, and almost won! The Steelers won again tonight. They are the greatest BORING team in the league. I admire their success, but once the ball is airborn at the kickoff, I’m scrambling for the remote!

118. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I’m with you– I want to see what Rhett can do– he may be our starter next season when we reclaim the division– those Bears were a fluke.

119. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

@Just The Facts … uhh it did cost chilly his job … so ? and if only it was that easy for you to take chilly and TJack to the bears or packers go for it lol

120. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Just the Facts: Or may I call you Brad C? When you bring in a Brett Favre, you don’t usually put a lot of money into a backup, because they almost always are the highest paid cheerleader, and the only guy who doesn’t have to shower after the game. I like a lot of things about TJack as a QB, but he doesn’t have any luck. I also think that TJack was your guy, you drafted him, you nurtured him. Rosefels was a journeyman, not the strong tie there, and I believe he was under contract for more money than TJack. Not to add salt to your wounds, Chilly is gone, and they’re warming up a UHaul for Spielman.

121. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

yea titus the bears come outta nowhere once every 3-4 years … eat then hibernate

122. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Ha ha ha Shawn. And this was the year the Vikings portaged through the wilderness– next season the ship will be back in the water. With the right minds orchestrating a few key changes, we should be back in the hunt next season. I anticipate a much better year.

123. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Evaluate Bomar for now at practice. We have a 300-500 play playbook. That’s a lot for a person in a new system to understand in 1-2 weeks. When you are mentally confused as a quarterback, your gifted tools you bring to the position are nullified. Off-season OTA’s and training camp is what will give us the best indication of what Bomar can do. Let’s set the bar in a fair way. He doesn’t have to be Favre 2009, or Cunningham in 98. I’ll take a Shawn Salisbury at this point. Good, not great, but manages the game.

124. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Titus: I do believe we’ll be better next year. I’m not predicting 4-12. It’s obvious the front office is aware of the O-line issues, secondary issues. I remember seeing a preseason game. They had Spielman in the booth for a love fest. He was talking how much depth the Vikes had like we were now a dynasty. I think he needs to re-evaluate some of the purple. I’m much more upbeat about what I see in the Lions right now, than the Bears. The Bears have had a good season. May beat N.O. at home. I give them a puncher’s chance in Atlanta of 30%. Next year begins the Bears long, long, offseason.

125. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Yea the good thing is there is a whole offseason a whole training camp, no Favre questions … might bring in a vet just in case … or for added competition, maybe McNabb for a year … Bomar is still young … and maybe webb takes over

lol its sad how excited i am for next season

126. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Sean Salisbury was a good quarterback.

127. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Wait, it’s early July. I hear rumors Favre feels healthier than ever and has nothing to do. He is considering one last hurrah, and Zygi is smiling.

128. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

hey did anyone see how mature Randy Moss was during an interview this week? He was completely accepting his back up role speaking positively , and i didnt even notice that im the man attitude he usually brings …. no sideways hat … IT TRULY WAS NICE TO SEE MAYBE FISHER HAS HAD A POSITIVE INFLUENCE ON HIM

129. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

I think Randy needs to call Cris Carter and humble himself to ask Cris to mentor him through the offseason … = ) AND YES COME TAKE OVER FOR BERNARD “DROPS” BERRIAN

130. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: On Foxsports.com they have Moss saying he’d love to be back in Tennessee next season. He’s starting to say the right things. I don’t want his phenomenal career to be remembered as choosing when he wanted to take over a game. I too like Randy Moss. I love the Randy Moss who hustled his hiney off!

131. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Shawn I thought the same think during Moss’ first couple interviews when he came back to the Vikings— I was, wow, he has changed so much since when he left– a person does not change that dramatically, that quickly– he may be changed, but it’s not Fisher– not alone anyway. Moss may be growing up as the weeks and months and years are finally telling him that he ain’t all that. Life can humble you— I hope he has matured– I would love to see him as Viking next year.

132. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

YEA I THINK THATS THE ONE I SAW … it was really a good sign and I hope the best for him … i just hope his best is a couple thousand yard 10 td seasons in minny ….

did you notice his ego wasnt in the interview?

133. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Titus: We both know, he’s not coming back. If by mid February Favre said, “Hey, I’ve recovered from 35 of my 69 injuries and would like to give it a whirl this off-season. Do physical therapy, OTA, Training camp. The Vikes must address the line issues and secondary. Maybe as the 2011 Lombardi trophy is hoisted some dope will hollar, “This one’s for BRETT!” Or was it “Rhett?” It’s late, and I’m not as lucid as I was earlier. HA!

134. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

titus you should check out the interview i dont think i have ever seen him that humble ….

135. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: We all humble ourselves privately. For an elite athlete as Moss is, it is difficult to humble yourself publicly because the guy you go against this Sunday will give you 3 hours of your own words. I think it would be fantastic for Moss and Collins to hook up 6 or 7 times for a score or two on Sunday.

136. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

I believe it Shawn– being released by two teams and then having 20 or 21 teams pass you up before going to a team that has no chance in the postseason will humble you— add to that the Patriots may go to the Superbowl— he now realizes maybe he should have kept his mouth shut back in Sept or whenever–and today he might have been on a 12-2 team. Yes, regrets make you think.

137. By Arrow86 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

We’re stuck with Berrian. We can only hope he starts to play up to some of his salary.

138. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Well, it’s going on 2am– I better get off of here. Later.

139. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

all right guys … another day g’night

140. By DRS on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Merry Chr*stmas and happy New Year to one and all, Stay safe out there on the roads.

141. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 25, 2010 | Reply

Is Any one still on?

2. Dec 23, 2010: Steve And Landyn Hutchinson Host Early Holiday Party At Amplatz Children’s Hospital | Vikings Stop Blog