Vikings Playing For Pride, Future

Posted by cjsiewert on December 22, 2010 – 4:16 pm

With a win on Sunday night, the Philadelphia Eagles can clinch a playoff berth and an NFC East Championship, so needless to say, there’s a lot at stake for the NFC East leaders. But the Eagles are not the only team with something to play for this week – the Vikings will be playing for pride and look to improve upon many different things looking forward to next season.

“I really believe that our guys are mentally where they need to be as we have to focus on the Philadelphia Eagles who are a very good football team,” Vikings Interim Head Coach Leslie Frazier said on Wednesday. “They’ve got a lot to play for at this time of the year and in a lot of ways, we do as well. Our guys have really bought into the fact that we’re playing for our own personal pride, but also, we have a chance to go on the road and get a win against a very good team which would bode well for us as we go forward.”

Ever since falling out of playoff contention after the loss to the NY Giants at Ford Field 2 weeks ago, there have been questions swirling about whether players would “coast out” to finish the season. But after receiving his 2nd Korey Stringer Good Guy Award – honoring the Vikings player who is the most cooperative and has the best attitude with the media – LB Ben Leber pointed out that it his job to continue playing and leave any other concerns for the offseason.

“No, I mean it hasn’t been tough at all,” Leber responded when asked if it’s hard to finish out the season while not thinking about the future. “This is my job, this is what I’m supposed to do. I’ll have a long offseason, especially we don’t have a CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) to think about, what’s going to happen with my future. I’ll have plenty of time to think about that. Just focus on how I’m going to get myself and this team better.”

It’s safe to say that there will be some significant roster moves to a Vikings team that has fallen to 5-9 just one season after claiming their 2nd consecutive NFC North title and a conference championship appearance. Also consider the amount of free agents after this season and those looking for new contracts. But what remains a priority of Frazier’s is to stay focused at the task at hand, and that’s to beat the Eagles on Sunday night.

Frazier spent 1999-2002 with the Eagles as their DBs coach, so he holds ties back in Philadelphia, but still has his mind set on one thing – winning.

“It’s special in the fact that we get a chance to go back and see some old friends, but we just need a win so bad,” Frazier said. “I mean that’s what’s on my mind more than anything. What can we do to figure out a way to get a win against a good team on the road? That’s where my energy and focus is.”

Tags: ,
Posted in All, CJ Siewert | 94 Comments »

94 Responses to “Vikings Playing For Pride, Future”

1. By for4nomore on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

If the team is really playing for the future then why isn’t the old goat on IR? Give me a Break!!! It’s the same old, same old. LA Vike is right, the team is gone. C U N LA.

2. By biggamehntr on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

What pride? Theres no pride or self respect left on this team after watching the last two games. As for the future we need a complete sweep of ALL coaching staff . Mabye Santa will bring us Marty Shothimier or Bill Cowher, The big Tuna. One thing for sure the owners had better spend the money for a proven WINNER this time.

3. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

hey when does the season start?

4. By paul on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Bench McKinnie and see if your left tackle for the future is on your roster.

This guy has to be replaced, half the hits on Favre are his fault.

5. By Rogerthevikefan on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Hope we get a decent tackle in FA. The oline needs rebuilt then work out every thing else even if we had a tom brady or peyton manning at qb this line would kill them. Mac lets people go by the same can be said about loadholt. Yeah they are huge but size only gets you so far the things that are the most important for a tackle are quickness and technical skills

6. By Matt on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

How can this team with just about the same personnel go so “south” in 1 season?? We were in the NFC championship game a year ago!!! I’ve been a Vike fan for 41 years and I’m anxious to see a Super Bowl Title!! We need a quarterback something awful that can lead this team year end and year out like Peyton or Brady. If we go on a drought for another 10-12 years I’ll be sorely disappointed. For the $$ these guys get paid and the TALENT we have there should be NO EXCUSES for poor performance!! I’d lose my job if I worked like this team and I work all year!! Come on Vikings–suck it up and let’s play football!!! I’m tired of this disgusting play week after week. Last year was so exciting and I was very proud of the way you played!! Where is the effort this year??!! Let’s go out strong and be ready next year to compete 100%!! I’ve lived near St Louis all my life and I am and always will be a Viking fan FOR LIFE!! Get it together up there and have some PRIDE!!!

7. By FrenchVike on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

okay,
    so honestly its not just the O line that needs changin up. I mean our first draft choice Chris Cook has been nothing up extra flesh even when he was healthy in preseason. also i honestly think that joe webb by next season should switch to WR which is what we drafted him as and go for cole hammel,jake locker or cam newton in the draft. then use our other picks to update our o line and get another high profile reciever like owens or ochocinco to be opposite rice in FA. harvin has been questionable too many times this season.

8. By CaribooBill on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

We got Bomar off the Giant’s practice squad. He is happy to come because he woasn’t seeing any action due to Eli Manning being their QB. OK – which team has the best O-line? How about we raid their practice squad for O-linemen?????

9. By William Shipley on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

the Vikings need an O-line that can provide a few seconds for the quarterback to make a play. Payton doesn’t do very well when the defense get’s to him in 2 seconds either. And while an atheletic quarterback can surprise the defense by running, if you rely on it for long, he’ll be on his way down the tunnel.

10. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Chester Taylor?

11. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Hey you know who could snap the ball to a QB in shotgun …. Matt Birk

12. By Vikes 43 on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

While were at it, The Special teams coach should be stripped naked and draged through the streets.

13. By Arrow86 on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

FrenchVike: When I watched this years draft, I was shocked at how many drawbacks each of our picks had. Other teams didn’t have draft pick after draft pick with a laundry list of issues. So many of our guys work well in a single scheme. Look at how many of them, the Vikings were going to change their position. Why not just draft someone who already plays that position? With as horrible as our secondary is, why hasn’t Sherrils had a chance to play? He must be awful, and we drafted him. DeGear sounded like he needs to wear velcro shoes, because laces are challenging.

14. By Justin on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

For the last 14 freaking weeks the Vikings should of been playing for pride. Instead, we’ve won 5 games (all of which aren’t clean by the way) and 9 losses that have been miserable. I say this to the players, if you want to play for pride for the last 2 games, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PROTECT THE QB!!!

15. By Arrow86 on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Vikes 43 I’m willing to provide some rope. Maybe we could make it a tandem. Kluwe, you can tell him to punt out of bounds, but as he sees his average go downward, you know he’s going to put one in play. When they put Hester in the Hall of Fame in Canton, Kluwe will get his name on the ball at least!

16. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

lol arrow chilly had a plan … LB at FB , WR at QB, hes a visionary genius

17. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

We had everything going into the draft … Greg Lewis was our 4th WR surely no reason for an upgrade there … 5’2″ Asher Allen at corner …. Ryan Cook can play all 5 OL spots …. Safeties made a couple tackles last year

Obviously the best thing to do was find a LB that could catch …. we were set. we didnt need to draft last year

18. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

I wonder if he thought Cook could play all 5 OL spots at once …

19. By Arrow86 on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

NeWSFLASH TO VIKING PLAYERS: The only difference between you guys and the Patriots, Falcons and Saints. You wait until week 16 to decide to play for pride and future, they were playing for that from the kickoff on opening day!

20. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

IMO … I still think , Chris Cook and DeGeare will be solid players ….

21. By Arrow86 on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

How long have we had Patrick Brown? He’s listed as a Tackle. It’s time to bench McKinnie, find out if he has any fire in his belly! Michael Irvin predicted Garret would have success. When asked why? He said “A few regulars aren’t in the starting lineup!” McKinnie can help Adam Sandler out with the Pedialite on the sidelines.

22. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

o yea gerhardt i forgot lol … so not a wasted draft … couple reaches though

23. By Arrow86 on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Why haven’t we tried Freddie Brown at receiver? Get him off the practice squad. What’s with the Lewis/ Baskett connection?

24. By Titus on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

I think this game will be a blowout.

25. By Arrow86 on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Bro (Titus) I’m giddy with excitement for Kluwe’s field condition Twitter! I’m more than a little salty tonight.

26. By Titus on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

If I were coach, I would have the team practice outside all week. Prepare for where you are playing– great coaches do that. Did you hear how Belichick gave Brady a bag of footb-alls to warm up with before a frigid outdoor game? Belichick had put the footba-lls in a freezer. You have to condition to an extreme beyond what is expected, so come game time, your performance excels beyond your opponent. Come on– be in it to win it. Pride, shmide.

27. By Titus on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Brother Arrow, I am going to have some pizza.

28. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

we only have a handfull of guys that play with pride … then we have a handfull of guys just too young trying to figure it all out … then we have a bunch of overpaid never will bes … who made their money …Madieu, McKinnie,Berrian

Replace those 3 guys and hire an OL coach … Wed be right back on top

29. By Shawn on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

of course McNabb, Kolb , or Orton … to the above statement

30. By sadvikings on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Don’t u all agree that Greg Lewis/Baskett/McKinnie even Phil Ladhoalt/T.Jackson ALL should be LET GO by Vikes for next year? Vikes gotta clean the mess in minny! GO VIKES!

31. By Arrow86 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Leber worrying about the CBA. No wonder this guy’s performance this season is sub-par even by Carolina Panthers standards. Whatever happened to focusing on the next game? Enjoy your award, from a former fan you dork!

32. By PAUL M. on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

IF WE GET BLOWN OUT THIS WEEK, LESLIE FRAZIER IS NOT THE ANSWER.

WE DON’T NEED TO EXPERIMENT ON QUESTION MARKS — WE NEED A PROVEN HEAD COACH TO TRANSITION INTO A WINNING FRANCHISE.

33. By DRS on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

We need a clean sweep of the entire team, from the GM to the equipment personal. Keep them who have proven themselves this year, such as AP. Fire O-Line and the defense as well. We do not need a player who will not play because of headaches. I have them as well and know they can be hard to work through but you can and do. Point is if you cannot do your job, you go on disability, or IR, and let the place you are working for hire someone who can do the job. Why did we get a veteran QB if we are not going to play him? And I am not talking about Brett. Why are we putting Joe in harm’s way, seeing how the Vikings O-Line keeps the D-fence out?

34. By DRS on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

And as for the dome, tear off the roof and use it as it is, Roofless.

35. By soldier1986 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

lol man u people are so classless. are season was over weeks ago. i had no problem letting favre try and beat the bears one last time. he gives us a better chance to win wheather u want to believe that or not. hurt or not. and favre was not the big problem this year if u guys have any football knowledge. we have the worst line in the nfl. if our line would block, favre would be tearing it up. it sickens me to see everyone wanting his head. nobody has more heart than favre on that team. even when he cant walk. watch loadholt and mckinnie..fat tub of lards who just stand there and let the defener walk through. release those guys. we need to draft a qb…ryan mallett i prefer. anyway, thank u favre for the 20 magical years, and an amazing year last year. even tho most of our fans dont appreciate what u did. now lets go vikings. draft some o line, and secondary

36. By soldier1986 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

and bring back matt birke

37. By martin on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

in the long run it makes more sense to finish as low as possible for the draft…still would be nice to win vs eagles…unless the eagles dont show up or there is point shaving(lol) i see a complete blowout…as the eagles offense alone should score about 31 points plus their d and special teams will also cause havoc…

38. By SmileyStar on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Excited to see if Joe shows some improvement from the last game, if Favre can’t start.

39. By DRS on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Martin you most likely get your wish. The way this team is playing it could not win a lions game. Two more losses and prepare for next season in a roofless dome stadium. (Final this year 5-11) Way to go boys, you showed them that you are a team this year to fear, not! LOL, what a joke! All the O-line needed to do was protect the QB and open holes for AP to run through, but no you are too much of a mommies boys are you not? Too many give me the money and do not ask me to play type of players on this team this year. How many out there that would play for half of what you earn, and play for the love of the game? (they would play banged up or not, like Brett.) You will have plenty of time to sit and heal your boo boos during the look out next year.

40. By SmileyStar on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Martin – It would blow to lose to the Lions for the draft.

41. By DRS on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Oops that should have been(lock out) not look out. Sorry.

42. By Justin on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Soldier, last I checked Birk was with Baltimore and I don’t think they’re getting rid of him anytime soon.

43. By JIMMY HOFFA on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Fraizier is not the man, Chilly would have won those two games… They were sub-par teams for crying out loud!!!

44. By vikeforever on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Playing for pride!It should be you should be playing for job next season, you can use the excuse of injuries which has been numerous, but can’t constantly plug in players like the O line to protect a non moble QB, which he has been badly beaten. It would take a miracle to beat a Eagles team wining their division on their home field. Just play to get out of there in one piece & call it a season

45. By JIMMY HOFFA on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

The same way the team played under chilly is the same way they are playing under Frazier, no wonder the bills and other organizations he interviewed for didn’t hire him and rumor has it he was going to apply for the head coach position at the U, I guess Kill beat him to it. Zygi should have let him go with Chilly.

46. By JIMMY HOFFA on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

A good coach would have seen Mckinnie and Loadholt as the biggest liability to the O-line and corrected it right away, Instead he let’s them keep playing and, guess what they almost snuffed out farve’s life. I would have thought that the vikings organization would want to protect their investment with every means necessary and have zero tolerance on any body that might be a liability. I blame the vikes organization as well for this current misfortune.

47. By Kevin on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

First I been very disappointed by the way the team plays this whole season. As for Brett Favre yes he had an awful year and well the oline didnt help him either with trying to block. As much as I wanted Tarvaris Jackson to start to see how he did well he showed how good he can be but never good enough to bring the vikes far in the playoffs. I believe Vikings need will be a qb, FS or SS, DT, One huge thing an OLine. I hope vikings pick Ryan Mallett in the draft this year because of the way their at in draft selection. I seriously hope vikings pick up a FS or SS or Guard or Tackle in the draft in the second round and maybe pick up DT to backup pat if he is still around at least in minnesota and if they can pick up some in free agents for oline because that might be their best way to improve.

48. By Kevin on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Also with the coaching staff keep Fraizer because I can see he will be a good coach also @ Jimmy I dont think you understand that first of he won 2-0 first then he went 2-2 but 2 of those games were supposed to be at home and guess what one of them was outside and other was at ford field so I wouldnt call it advantage in his part. Also he is stuck right now with childress system he cant change it until this offseason so give him a chance he has to live with chilly mistakes

49. By JIMMY HOFFA on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

@ Kevin I think those 2 he won, Chilly would have won them as well…Those 2 teams are sub-par teams. The two teams that beat us were not playing on their home fields, I believe that argument can go both ways regardless of that the onus was on the vikings to win or at least have a close game.
    Green bay definitely epitomize this, who would have thought their second string qb would slug it out with Brady. it goes to show they have a good coach in McCarthy, I don’t see Frazier being that, as in working with less.

50. By Justin on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

From the blog. I like Frazier and I’ll probably always will. But to say that the guys are mentally ready isn’t probably true. Every distraction this season has affected the team’s mental capacity to perform well. Only a select few have been mentally ready all season, such as Peterson. It’s obvious no one in the locker room and in the coaching staff wants to admit it, but to many fans it’s quite clear that the Vikings are mentally ill.

51. By vikeforever on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I will say it again! Please Santa bring us BIll Cowher and replacements for our offensive coordinator and defenive coordinator(Frazier will probably sign on to a team as HC. Owners need to get a good Head of Football operations so not to give complete control to a HC like they did CHilly, that certainly did not work out well (see Rand Moss saga)from there pick & stick with a new QB not relics of good days gone by. Build around the defense players that play 60 mins and an offense around AD, Rice & Harvin. I look for this under my tree please don’t dissapoint. I have been a good VIking fan this year. Happy Holidays to all!!!

52. By soldier1986 on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

@justin i know birke is in baltimore, it was a joke dude

53. By Carl Brodin on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Bryant Mckinnie should be benched for the rest of the year and try to trade him after the season for a third round pick. Give T Patrick Brown a chance. Bring WR Freddie Brown up from practice squad and give him a look. Also give CB Marcus Sherels a look. Time to see what we have maybe we will find out of the three maybe a diamond in the rough or two. Move Antone Whitfield to safety. In the draft R1 QB R2 T,G,C R3 T,G,C or S or CB. Then try to find another O-Lineman. Move Joe Webb to WR to go with Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, Greg Lewis, Greg Camerillo who i think is a good slot-3rd down clutch reciever. I also think the Vikes need to find a third recieving threat to go with Rice & Harvin. The botttom line is we need TO draft a QB,2OL,S-CB after that i dont know what you can get with the 4th,5th,6th,7th round picks. All i know is we have alot of needs. I would also bring Brett Bohner to be the third string QB to learn along with our R1 QB also find a stop gap QB through free agency. Also keep Lorenzo booker as a return man- Pass catching RB. Everson Griffen and or Brian Robinson can easily replace Ray Edwards. With getting rid of some these big contracts we can have some money to spend in free agency this up coming year in 2011 and in 2012. AS far as our offensive line goes we still have some good parts. Steve Hutchinson,Anthony Herrera,Phil Loadholt and possibly Patrick Brown.Chris degreare as a back up the rest of the reserves get rid of and find a few more in free agency. Like i said Get rid of the following players B. Mckinnie, M. Williams, R. Edwards, OL back ups, Keep Huisan Abbdullah as a back up. I would also try in next springs practice try Phil Loadholt at left tackle because our second round pick needs to be spent on a Center we really need help there.

54. By Viking Troy on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

It seems pretty obvious as a Vikiing Fan of 45 years, all spent in California that this team tried to coax one more miracle year out of a QB ready for the glue factory. Sure Favre had a great career, but the guys got nothing left. And as for T-Jack, give me a fricking break. This guy looks like a deer on opening day of hunting season as soon as a defender gets within 5 yards which doesnt take long with our O.L. If the vikes were really building for the future, they would have drafted a QB last year instead of another R.B. in order to give him time to mature as a team leader.

My biggest gripe about the team this year is that while we have one of the finest R.B.’s in football, he makes 75% of his yards on pure hustle. Our OL couldn’t open a hole big enough for a chihuahua, Half the time, Peterson gets hit in the frickin backfield. Have some pride you slugs.

Lets get rid of some overpriced deadwood on this team and get a QB for the future. Secondly, get some linemen that can actually block, not just stand there like a 350 behemoth.

Viking Troy

55. By mr smiff on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

WHERE IS MY D@MN POST?

56. By mr smiff on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Carl, I was with you up until you said Phil Loadholt was one of the good parts of the o-line. To that end, I couldn’t disagree more. Loadholt and McKinnie were two of the main reasons Favre kept getting hit/hurt all year. If he isn’t cut, he should at least get dropped to the practice squad for a year. And Troy, Favre still has his rocket arm, his football smarts, and his drive to compete and win. What he didn’t have was protection and time. Put Brady behind this o-line and see how much of an MVP he is!!!!

57. By mr smiff on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Oh, there it is.

58. By Justin on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Soldier, it’s pretty hard to detect sarcasm on the internet, especially when your post seemed pretty normal.

59. By PurpleDiety on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Justin, how is the hotel job?

60. By Robins on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Brett for coming back. So sorry the oline thought it was ok to let you get beat up and hurt and stop your streak. We do appreciate what you tried to do. A Super bowl would have been nice. It does not matter who is quarterback because the next one will get beat up too. Let the kids play and you take care of your body. You have given more then anyone for your team. Thank you.

61. By Titus on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Well put, Robins. That O-Line needs to be returned for a full refund.

62. By JOLLIER on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I have tickets to the Lions/Viking game and REALLY hope to see Brett play one more time. He still has the arm,even injured, and showed it at the start of the game against the Bears. Too bad the O-line lets him getted pounded to death. I have always enjoyed watching Favre-good and bad, but always exciting.

63. By Scott on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Vikes r done. Thanks Bret for trying. The O-line totally let you down. I think these guys are jellous of your 20mil. They tried to get you killed. Go get a new coach. Frazer is not the answer(look how bad his defense has played) players not playing extra hard for him. Get Mcnabb for a few years and draft a QB this year. If we lose the next 2 games we will have a great 1st pick. Thanks to Chilly we lose #3 which will hurt. Get rid of O-line tackles and pik up FA lineman that want 2 play. Pik up DB and Safety and maybe we could win some games. Sik of this kind of season. I want last years season yearly. This suks.

64. By Old School on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Bottom of the NFC North for the next 5 years ! No QB, No Secondary, No O-Line, an aging D-Line………..an unproven coach…………

NEXT 5 YEARS!

AND THEY WILL BE IN L.A……………….SO WHO CARES……….!!!!!!!!!!!!

65. By Old School on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

0-6 THE NEXT 5 YEARS VS THE NFC NORTH!

DISAGREE………..AND SHOW HOW MUCH YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT FOOTBALL!!!!!

66. By Dennis on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Forty some years of trying to figure this team out has left me more confused than when i started. I guess the 4 times they didn’t show up for the Superbowl games were the most disappointing, followed by all the times they got killed in a play off game or lost the championship game. Check out most highlight films and you will find a viking trying to catch some one from behind or twenty viking missing tackles like a keystone cops movie. I will never figure this organization out. Maybe they should leave and start fresh somewhere else.

67. By LAVikes on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Old School is right, the NFL deserves better than what they’re getting. Favre on your team was supposed to get you a new stadium like with the Jets but……….oh well,

68. By for4nomore on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

All I want for X-mas is a new QB, I can’t keep living in the past.

69. By purplerainman on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

It’s like the offense and defense sat down at a big table during the preseason and determined how bad they could mess up their season. What’s sad is that a decent coach lost his job because of the attitude this team has. Zygi, I feel for you, and love you as an owner, you seem to be the only Viking that cares about the fans. Sad, Sad times. I hope Dayton puts together a bill for a stadium that makes sense because you deserve it.

During the off-season, let’s pull a Saints and Jets move: Grab a star QB, Keep AP, Harvin, Rice, Allen, Winnie and E.J. Then, dump the rest and test the Free Agent market.

Who to dump? I’ve already started a short list for you:

Hutchinson
    Sullivan
    McKinney
    Berrian
    Lewis

The Williams’s
    A Allen
    Leber
    C. Cook

70. By DRS on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Old School, others can have opposing views, and know something about something. I know you feel you need to be in charge of people due to your inferior complex, get some therapy and have a great day. If the Vikings get the correct personal through the draft, and free agency they will rebound soon, I have been through this with the Vikings before; anyone remember when the general was the head coach? That was shortly after Bud Grant retired.

71. By DRS on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Dennis, the Vikings are the team, (so far), that is the brides made to the SB, when they went to the SB it was like the icing on the cake. The championship was the big achievement in them days. The SB was like winning the pro bowl, nice but a secondary importance to the championship game. It was not until later did the SB game gain importance.

72. By purplerainman on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

For those dissing Jared Allen…keep in mind that when you have no help or pressure from the middle, the outside corner becomes even that much harder to speed rush.

73. By Justin on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

PurpleDiety, what are you talking about?

74. By PurpleDiety on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Justin, are you not working at hotels any longer?

75. By UBRETT-CHA on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

McKinnie has been on Ted Thompson’s payroll ALL SEASON!!! JACK-WAGON!!!

76. By vikings fan on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Hey Vikings, Aundrae Allison is currentlly free agent so get him right now.
    He’s a great wide reciver.All vikings fan want him. wolf if u don’t do the right
    things u don’t have to Built a Big and new stadium in minnesota. Vikings are lossing more fans so do the right things and play the game just like last year…………..GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Vikings! VIKINGS! VIKINGS!!!!

77. By vikings fan on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Vikings get The QB Andrew Luck and let him play for 6 years.

78. By vlad19 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, Arrow – love your takes – you guys get it better than most…. Leber was wash out this year and he never showed up (about 35 tackles on the year, a guy they don’t even bother to consider leaving in on passing downs) – yet you get host of fans saying he is a good LB….. WATCH a highlight reel…….., McKinnie, Loadholt Lewis and Berrian have more to do with our offensive failures this year than anyone would like to know. Don’t just move those guys out, but EJECT THEM, the higher the stratosphere, the better!!!!

79. By vlad19 on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

The overwhelming sentiment in this blog is “Thanks Brett – sorry our line let you down. but thanks for giving everything you have and more,when more common men would mail it is (i.e. Leber, McKinnie, Loadholt, Berrian, Sullivan, M Williams, “The Williams Wall”, Ray Edwards, Chris Cook, ANY IDIOT in the secondary NOT named Winfield…) But thanks Brett and too bad your boys thought you would win it all despite their watching and not playing an entire season”…….. about sums it up! Pretty darned accurate too!

80. By Justin on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Purplediety, I don’t know what you’re on but you’re making no sense at all.

81. By Titus on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Justin, so I mistook you for another Justin. Sorry, but that is not grounds to be rude or incendiary with remarks like, ” I don’t know what you are on…” What is with the attitude you seem to have?

82. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 25, 2010 | Reply

Is anyone still on?

83. By Carl Brodin on Dec 25, 2010 | Reply

Yes what would you like to discuss concerning the Vikes theres plenty to talk about. Thanks Casrl,

84. By Lito on Dec 25, 2010 | Reply

Vikes season has been excuses-filled, negative drama-filled, more on talk, and less on team effort and motivation. Why play for pride when you haven’t done it all year? Are the Vikes playing for the draft? Is it really hard for Management to put together a Super Bowl champion . . . I hope it does not take another 50 years. What are the chances for a new stadium versus LA Vikings?

85. By Jim on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

BRING ON JOHN GRUDEN!!!! AS THE NEW HEAD COACH.

86. By Gubber on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

Well it seems to me that the Vikes have two ways to go in the off-season.
    One, trade A.D. to either Denver or Cincinnati for their first pick and take either Luck or Mallett. Then with their own pick select Mark Ingram.
    Two, offer Michael Vick a six year $60,000,000.00 dollar contract ( approximately $650,000.00 per game. They paid Favre $1,000,000.00 per game ), and free up some cap space to re-sign Rice and Henderson. Use their first pick to select an offensive lineman to replace McKinnie, and find a replacement if possible for Pat Williams through free agency. Maybe there’s someone already on the roster to replace him ???
    In the second round good selections would be either free safeties Deaunta Williams of North Carolina of Will Hill of Florida.

87. By whatajoke on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

People need to see what the real issue is here, we have a few big name players that only play when they want to. ITs a joke. And i fear until the fans really see these players for who they are this team wont change.

88. By whatajoke on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

Whats better then watching cry baby jarod allen talk about how upset he was two weeks ago when they gave up 220 rushing yards. Then following it up with a worse perfromance vs chicago. HAHAHA, really people figure out the problems here.

89. By whatajoke on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

Oh, i also remeber mid seaon there was somebody that contacted the chicago press sayling they didnt like the coaching staff. but didnt have the nerver to give their names, I GUESS WE KNOW WHO THAT WAS NOW. Thanks for the clue Kluwe. what garbage. It should be really easy for a new coach to pick the keepers out of this mess. Please dont hire Frazier.

90. By rich on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

ok ok ok….. i’ve read it all. And from what i have seen this year 90% of the team doesn’t want to play they just want the pay check. So Zigi here is my advise, get a coach in there that will walk into the room and look at the whole team and say…. Men if you don’t want to bust your ass out there the whole game then here is the door get out!!!! If you want to get payed than play your ass off… I wounder if Bud Grant would like to come back….

91. By JACKINGS1976 on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

depues de ver el homenaje de los 50 años de nuestros vikingos , todavia no puedo creer en tres cosas, la primera que no se tenga un estadio para la gran aficion que somos, la segunda un anillo del superbowl y la tercera esta temporada ha sido mediocre sin corazon ………………………… el proximo año podria ser el ultimo año en minnesota……………………. por lo tanto debemos de ser campeones del superbowl debemos jugar con todas las ganas con todo el honor, orgulloy lealtad, debemos jugar cual vikingos somos, por todos los aficionados, y por todos los grandes jugadores que han pasado por nuestro equipo!!!! el proximo año debemos ser campeones y si debemos de dar la vida en cada partido la daremos !!!! por que somos vikingos y los vikingos mueren en la batalla , mueren por su pueblo (aficionados) y sus dioses(leyedas ) , los vikingos deben de dar todo para el proximo año …………………

92. By Zach on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Translation for what JACKINGS said

to see the homage of the 50 years of our Vikings, still I can not believe in three things, first you do not have a stadium to the great hobby that we, the second a superbowl ring and the third this season has been mediocre heartless … … … … … … … … … … next year could be the last year in Minnesota … … … … … … … …. therefore we must be superbowl champions must play with all the enthusiasm with all honor, loyalty orgulloy, which Vikings we must play for all the fans, and all the great players who have gone through our team!! next year we should be champions and if we are to give life in every game the give!! because we are Vikings and the Vikings killed in battle, dying for his people (fans) and their gods (leyedas), the Vikings must give everything for the next year

93. By Engage Rocket Bonus on Jul 16, 2013 | Reply

I like the valuable info you provide for your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and test once more right here regularly. I’m fairly certain I will learn lots of new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the next!

2. Dec 22, 2010: Vikings Playing For Pride, Future | Vikings Stop Blog