Favre Updated From “Out” To “Questionable”; Hutchinson To IR

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 20, 2010 – 12:06 pm

The Vikings have updated QB Brett Favre’s status for tonight’s game from “Out” to “Questionable.” Favre will try to throw about two hours prior to kickoff and then a final determination will be made on if he can play. If Favre is able to play in the game, it is not known if he would start or be in a backup role.

The Vikings have notified both the NFL and the Chicago Bears of the update.

“Brett Favre attempted to throw the football two days ago and was unable to, due to pain in the SC joint and residual numbness from a  brachial plexus injury,” Vikings Head Athletic Trainer Eric Sugarman said. “He delcard himself out at that time. He woke up this morning feeling much improved. His symptoms and function have improved dramatically over the past 24 hours. In fairness to him and his team, he would like to be given the opportunity to play tonight if physically able.”

Be sure to check with vikings.com at 6:00 p.m. tonight for the official list of Vikings inactives.

In other news, the Vikings have placed LG Steve Hutchinson on Injured Reserve and have promoted R.J. Archer from the Practice Squad to the Active Roster.

Tags: ,

192 Responses to “Favre Updated From “Out” To “Questionable”; Hutchinson To IR”

1. By SmileyStar on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

WOW! Favre is likely to give us an advantage in a high pressure(50th Anniversary), historic(First outdoor game in MN in 29 yrs), cold, and snowy game. Although I don’t think he will make it very long if he takes hits from the Bears pass rush. Be ready Joe to come out and take over for Favre.

2. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I have to assume that putting Hutchinson on the IR means he is done for the year. That is a major blow!

Hopefully Chris DeGeare can get his 6’4″ 325′ body moving well in this game.

3. By Cheesquake on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Anybody realize that if Favre were to play and play well enough to win he would
    delight Packer fans and make their game against the Giants pivotal. Hmm..
    maybe Brett wants to not only win but help his old club out. I’d love to see him
    play and have one more magical moment and go out saving a little bit of face.

4. By Sin'Gee' on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

All I want is the TEAM to have fun and be FIRED-UP the whole game. We can feel it through the TV!!!!!

5. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I’m not sure if I want him to play tonight or if we should just go with Webb and save Brett for Philly.

One thing though, the fact that Favre wants to play tells me he thinks the field is in good enough shape to allow him to. The guy’s got more guts in his pinky than Klewe has in his entire body.

6. By B-Pro on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I think favre should shut it down for rest of year. Even if he feels better and wants to try, at best he’ll probably be maybe at 70% with all his injuries. Listen this o-line has gotten him punished all year. I would rather see Webb playing and taking a beating then see favre. With our sorry and depleted o-line I can see alot of 3 and outs tonight.

7. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I really hope Joe Webb gets the stat tonight. This guy is exciting and we have to see if he has a future at the QB position. I hope Favre gets to play 1 more time before season’s end but right now I really would like to see Webb get the start tonight. Especially since all week it seemed like he was getting the start. Imagine how disappointed he would feel if they started Favre tonight, who didn’t practice all week and was ruled out of this game until just a couple mins. ago.

8. By webbfan14 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

ok really c ‘mon i want to see joe webb! ive waited all season for this!!!! favre you cannot play a whole game so why try? let webb start and show us what he has! coach listen to me the fans want to see webb! the season is gone so ur just waisting these last three games if you dont start webb!

9. By B-Pro on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Frederick Jones, yes I agree Hutchinson going on IR is a major blow and probably is done for year, but you know he hasn’t set the world on fire either this year and has been disappointing like the rest of the o-line. Maybe he needs to be out for year and look in mirror and see what a subpar year he had and determine whether or not he wants to come back and prove next year he is that all-pro that everyone is used to seeing every sunday.

10. By Ezra Prior on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Give it to Favre! He’s almost done anyways, so let him toss it for four quarters on his way out!

11. By mr smiff on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Relax, Webb fans. It’s not a given that Favre will play or not. They will watch him throw for 2 hours before the game and evaluate him from that. I will be a Favre fan long after he retires, and I would love to see him play again, but I also want to see Webb start.

12. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Riceflield, I have to respectfully disagree on your logic the field is safe because Brett is willing to play— look at whom you are talking about! This not Kluwe! Favre plays with broken everything– he is old school.

13. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

On the night of the 5oth anniversary, outdoors in a snowstorm, what better QB than a grisled old school legendary warrior. This is a classic Monday night game– who does not want to see Favre play in this setting?

14. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Let Webb play the second half.

15. By Justin on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

It’s best for Webb to start and see how long he lasts. If Favre is in any shape to play, he should only come in only if Webb gets injured.

16. By baylor on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Webb sucks plaese play farve

17. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

B-pro:

Hutchinson has had a very good year. You are right though in that it’s very hard to tell that when the line as a whole has not performed well.

On most of ADs touchdowns, Hutchinson has led the way, or at least every time I have been able to see the highlights of the blocking.

18. By baylor on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Webb wouldnt play on any team we need to see Farve go out in style on MNF

19. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

baylor,

Well, now Vikings fans you see what I mean? Webb already has a hater, and he has only played like 9 plays this year!

20. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

baylor could be right, but unless he is actually with the team on practice days, he has given up on somebody…jist a beeet toooo quikkkk!

21. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

As for me and my house, I’ll go with the coach’s decision on who is the better QB to start today.

22. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Frederick “pompous” Jones

23. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I do want to see Favre play this historic game– this could be a classic.

24. By Justin on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

baylor, i fail to see why Webb sucks when he hasn’t played much this season.

25. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus,

I’m not arguing that at all. In fact, its the fact that Favre wants to play no matter what the field looks like.

I said “he” thinks, not I. Favre would play on a glacier if he could two teams to go with him.

And I still say he has more guts in his pinky than Kluwe could muster out of his entire body.

And I agree, it would be fitting to see Favre play tonight but I think he could use another week of rest. That said, I’ll be pleased no matter who the quarterback is tonight because we know Favre is on the mend.

26. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus, how are your biking workouts going? I certainly hope you are doing them indoors! ! !

27. By vikes on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

webb should start, i think that he has a future in the nfl, maybe something like michael vick

28. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, I think we are in complete agreement– I just wanted to point out your source that the field is safe– the Ironman.

29. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Fred, they are good– I bought a new, trainer for my bike– very realistic– I rode 21 miles on Friday– and was the same as outdoors– same burn, same avg speed, etc. It will make for an incredible summer in 2011–

30. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Fred, now you don’t have to secondguess your hunch, you were right all along.

31. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Man, my excitement level for this game just increased like tenfold. I mean, I was excited but now I’m shaking with anticipation.

It’s gonna be a heckuva game.

GO VIKINGS!!!

32. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus,

I think the same with my running workouts. I run every other day, and I do try to find a place to run indoors. That happens about once per week. The other days I run outdoors. It’s slow going, but I like to think it’s like running in sand!

I am looking forward to this spring and summer.

33. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I am wondering if your real first name is Paul. Not that you have reveal that.

34. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Fred, I debated whether to get a mountain bike with studded tires, or a better trainer to put my road bike on– I opted for the latter just because, realistically, I may find many excuses to not go outside. I will ride in most any weather, but with this bike’s 1 inch wide 130psi tires, I do not ride when there is any snow or ice.

35. By vikesdiehard on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I have been so excited to see Webb play that this takes all the wind out of my sails – I am just tired of Favre who seems bigger than the team, lets turn the page ……….. please.

36. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield– I agree– Now I am excited more than ever– if Favre plays, and especially if he plays well and we win– this will be an all time Vikings’ classic.

37. By KOB on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Please, just go away Brett.

38. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

vikesdiehard,

Webb may well be the man tonight. Favre has to throw well in practice before the game before he’ll play. If we get to see Webb, that will be awesome because I’m hoping he has a game like Flynn had last night.

If Favre plays, then its awesome because he’s a throwback to era that will be celebrated tonight.

Either way, we could see a veteran play in the conditions he’s always played in or we see a rookie get a start and possibly get a glimpse of our future while honoring the past.

It’s gonna be a good night no matter what.

39. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, was that towards me -Paul? No, that is not my name, although I read material every day that a famous Paul wrote.

40. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings should play on horseback.

41. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus, That was a good response.

42. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

HA!

Titus, the horseback comment reminds me of that Dodge commercial with George Washington charging the Brits in a car. LOL

43. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, you know I don’t mean McCarthy either.

44. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Someone said that “Childress doesn’t look like a coach.” What does that mean?

In my playing days we had a saying, “A fat coach is a happy coach, and a happy coach is a fat coach.” I mean check out the Maryland head coaches past and present.

What does a coach look like?

45. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, that is a great commercial.

46. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Frederick Jones, that is a good one– I look about 8 years younger than I am, maybe more -depends on how well I slept– and people say — you don’t look that old– same thing as your post– what is a certain age suppose to look like? If you do drugs, drink, smoke and eat poorly, you can be 35, looking like 60.

47. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus you mean the former Beatle Paul McCartney?

“Let It Be” ain’t bad, but it doesn’t compare to what the other Paul said.

48. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Two things the Vikings got right!

Outdoor Football

and

Favre.

49. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I was thinking I wrote that wrong when I sent it, must be thinking of politics.

50. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

That other Paul had a “little help from his friend” to write what he wrote– not really his own writing.

51. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus,

Let’s face it, it isn’t what a coach looks like. Every coach ages differently.

Bill “Boomer” Brown, can barely walk now, but man he was one crazy running back in the 60s and 70s. Running Backs take a pounding worse than any position.

I wouldn’t be opposed to him coaching the Vikings. He certainly does not “look” like a coach. What ever that means???

52. By Rogerthevikefan on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Tell the trainers to get the duct tape and super glue(the only way Farve won’t fall apart). In cold weather the hit seem harder so its likely Farve will break in to if he plays. And yes I like Farve but I would rather see Joe Webb play.

53. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I think alot of people had “prejudice” against Childress for what he looked like. To me, that’s as bad as racial prejudice.

Now watch the Fired Childress types come out and trash me. :)

54. By vikeforever on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

It does not surprise me that Farve will be given a chance to play if deemed healthy enough. Even though he might be the best option to win but it would be for what? for pride, maybe get a push for the interim to get Head Coach. We need to see what Webb can do, if it does not come up a win what do we lose. its time for a reality check here. they are playing a desperate Bears team to stay pace for the playoffs and next week an Eagles team that erased a 28 point deficet in one quarter. ALl the Vikes are accomplishing right now is stashing players on the IR. Still, love to see those home purple jerseys at the line with breath coming from them…awesome GO Vikes

55. By IowaVikesFan on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I’m hoping favre starts. Webb needs experience, but these crazy conditions are not what you want to throw at a guy whose already facing the huge pressure of his first NFL start. Thoughts?

56. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

57. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

IowaVikes that was a good comment.

I am glad the Viking coaches get to make that decision! ! !

58. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

At the end of the day, I doubt anyone on here works 50-60 hours a week at Winter Park– these coaches do this for a living. I will trust their decisions and enjoy the game.

59. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Of course, the coaches know better than the fans. They make mistakes but they do know their players better than anyone.

I’m comfortable with good decisions but I realize that all decisions are made with the team’s best interest in heart.

Like I said, earlier, no matter who the quarterback is tonight, its gonna be something to see and I can’t wait.

GO VIKINGS!!!

60. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

If people are looking for reasons for the Vikings to play well,

How bout…

Getting to .500. I know it goes with Pride but at .500 its still a winning a season.

Is it going to be tough?

Of course, but we can win tonight. We can beat the Lions. The only game I’m worried about is the Eagles next week, but “Any given Sunday” applies so if we win out we’ll be at .500.

It’s not the playoffs but winning seasons are just as important in my book.

61. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Are the Lions really that easy of a win anymore?

62. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

well it seems there is another shawn , that poped up … the above shawn is not me …

IM A BANANNA!!!

63. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus,

No they aren’t. They are a much better team than their record says but we can win that game. The Lions will bring it though, especially in their dome.

In fact, I’m looking forward to that game because it will be the first Lions’ game I will see this year and I know they will play hard and Vikings might learn something from them.

64. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

btw … if a guy goes on IR it means hes done for the year …. period

65. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Lions play hard– you would never know their playoff chances have been over for weeks.

66. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Giving the Lions some cred, more than once they were robbed by rule changes and bad calls. Their record should be much better than it is.

Look for them to be in the hunt next year.

As far as this year, they take their role as spoiler very seriously. I have to admire them for that.

67. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Im with ya Rice …. JUST WIN BABY!!!!

Every win is a wanted win in my book , every game is an important win …

Had to see a few weeks that the bears or packers were the first team to 700 wins and then the other bears or packers were in second place … would be a nice record to have …

68. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Can you imagine had Detroit beat Chicago in that first game– when the receiver did not follow through on the “process” of a catch? Chicago did not look good in a lot of games– Seattle beat them at Soldier Field– Giants demolished them, I think 17-3. We can win tonight.

69. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Agreed, Shawn.

I never understood the need of some fans to wish their team to lose for a better position in the draft. I mean, I understand it but it ain’t for me. I want to see them win not lose. Losing is counterintuitive.

70. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I have never understood that either– let’s get a better pick in the draft and lose– what’s up with that?

71. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus,

It’s like saying, “Well this team sucks! Maybe we’ll do better with other players,” before the season is over and actually seeing that your team is as bad as you think.

Lots of things played into losses this season, injuries first and foremost, a few bad coaching decisions, and in two games (possibly 3) a lack of discipline that could also be chalked up to coaching as well as the players themselves.

I believe we are better than our record but we just had some bad luck this year.

I do agree that we need to improve some positions but we can do that without having a losing season.

72. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

how many draft picks are busts … so why play that game , INSANITY

I think you can get a good pick / player anywhere in the draft, could you imagine your team losing all year and then taking Jemarcus Russell #1 lol

then your stuck with 3 or more years of more frusteration

73. By gregmon on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

OK, I’m a Bears fan and a Vikings fan, weird isn’t it? I think Bret should start if he feels up to it. Why doesn’t NFL coaches use quarter backs like baseball uses pitchers? Think about it….The starter wears out by the 1st half or sooner if hit hard, a back up or reliever, “if you will”, will come out fresh while the opposing defence is pretty dang tired. Always made sense to me. What ya’ll think?

74. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

i think who do you root for?

75. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

i think how is it possible?

76. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

gregmon,

I think teams have a hard enough time finding single starter can you imagine what it would be like if every team had to have two starters on their payroll.

The idea is interesting though. The Eagles did something like that with Kolb and Vick earlier this year playing them on alternate weeks.

77. By VikesFan4Life on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

PLEASE START WEBB! Favre is done, his career is over, and the season is over too. Webb is the future of the Vikes, and he is the next Mike Vick. All of the fans want to see Webb, the future, rather than Favre, an old hound dog whose owner needs to “put him down.” Favre should be placed on IR. It’s time for the interests of the TEAM to be placed AHEAD of the EGO of Favre!

Go Vikes!

78. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I think its hard enough to find 1 good QB , and its very rare to have 2 … and teams with 2 might have them for a year or 2 but not for long

79. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

My guess is favre is 2nd or 3rd qb tonight … all we have are webb and ramsey

80. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Remember when we had Brad Johnson and Randall Cunningham?

81. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

keep in mind … FRAZIER IS NOT THE COACH YET … HE NEEDS TO WIN,

82. By steco on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

There isn’t a QB past or present,that i would rather see leading our vikings on MNF on this night than Favre.

83. By gregmon on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn,

I will have to root for the Bears tonight. I still think the only way to get back up Qbacks in game mode is using them constently thought out the year. Maybe I should stick with Baseball. :)

84. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I want to see Webb, would rather find out this year if he has ” IT ”

How many games did Brady play b4 you knew he was going to be good?

Replace Brady’s name with any of the greats … but I would bet within 5 games you knew …

Yes there are exceptions to that rule … so please dont try to prove my theory wrong … Gannon, Young fans

85. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I like what Gregmon said– it’s like the idea I have been saying for the past couple months– bring Favre back to mentor Webb, but allow Favre to play part or a whole game here and there– if any injury, don’t let him play through it, let him rest. Then at playoff time, have a Favre that is basically rested for a year– first time in 20 years — and bring McNabb in for good measure– we could exchange QBs like running backs.

86. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, sometimes the exceptions only reveal deeper absolutes.

87. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

gregmon,

Cubs or Sox?

I’m originally from St. Louis so I’ll have to take that into account if I’m to seriously reply to your posts.

LOL. Just kidding.

88. By VikesFan4Life on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Steco,

As much as you love your old hound dog, when she needs to be put down, she needs to be put down. Favre reached that point several weeks ago (if not in his last play of last year’s NFC championship). The Vikes will get a much greater benefit from having Webb, a future Mike Vick potential QB, get some full-pressure practice in for next season by starting tonight. This season is over, as the playoffs are mathmatically impossible to reach. By starting Webb, Frazier will show that he is already setting the pieces in motion for victory next season!

Also, I think Webb will give the Vikes a MUCH greater chance of winning tonight.

START WEBB! PLACE FAVRE ON IR!

GO VIKES!

89. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus there are no absolutes …. and the 1 exception to that absolute is if you were born you will die …

90. By gregmon on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Exactly Titus, you should be an NFL head coach. Nice chat with you all and, be nice, but GO BEARS!!!!

91. By gregmon on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, CUBBIES all the way. And yes I know I’m cursed.

92. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I respectfully disagree.

93. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Believe it or not there are already Webb haters out there!

Leave it up to the coaches to decide, I trust their judgement.

94. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I have a feeling lots of changes will be made next year. Frazier should be a good candidate regardless of whether the Vikings win any of the last three games or not.

“You win by using the ability of your players.” Mike Ditka 1985

95. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Strangely enough, if the Vikings do not pick Frazier he is gone. In the crazy, crazy world of the NFL, that’s how it is!

96. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus … is it a secret or is it just because of what happened? incognito possibly..

97. By gregmon on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

And creativity Mr. Jones.

98. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, are you saying that you see the same spots on a different leopard? Could very well be.

99. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

This is going to be a classic. The snow. Webb or Favre, who will it be? This does complicate things for the Bears a bit. I hope the guys focus on their responsibilities each play, not on the weather and the field. I’m actually jealous of those fans sitting in this slush fest for 3 hours. Ricefield, safe travels to Okey-dokey. We’ll see you back after the holiday.

100. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I respectfully disagree.

They do not often “know” whether any player is going to be good within 5 games, because usually those games do not come all at once. Sometimes there might be a gap as long as a month or two between games for a young player.

And too many times players get absolutely no chance to prove themselves.

I could give examples, but you never seem to appreciate the work I do to get those names, and stats.

101. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, that was my opening. I get confused enough reading through these postings, knowing mine from the others– ha ha ha.

102. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, you are driving down to Oklahoma?

103. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

@titus … gotcha … well at least your disagreement was respectful lol

104. By steco on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

VikesFan4Life, I have to respectfully disagree,if Favre is able to go,or even close, he gives us a better chance to win with his experience and abilities to get the job done as he has proven every year including this one.

105. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Games on in 3.5 hours.

106. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Fred, look I watch a ton of football played football and even video game football … I am not saying a guy comes in and within 5 games hes a hall of famer

Im saying look at Brady’s first 5 games and then look at Ryan Leafs first 5 games and tell me … did you know?

107. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Yep, Titus. Leaving tomorrow morning. Gonna watch the game then hit the sack. Won’t be able to chat with you guys tonight.

108. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

All of a sudden everyone is using my line.

109. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn is right. Ryan Leaf seemed to have all the physical tools, but was having some other issues. Demarcus Russell, Andre Ware, etc, etc. etc.

The draft is sure not the only place to pick up good players. I do not know why they went to 7 rounds, when they used to have like 20 rounds.

I’ve got to assume that they think it’s a cr….a ..p shoot after 7 rounds.

Well even the first 7 rounds are very iffy.

110. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I like to argue.

And it’s very easy to get blog commentary straight because

#1 Comments made are usually not the complete thinking of the writer.

#2 Bloggers seldom look back (I have made this mistake many times, and will make it again.

Besides if we agree on everything, what good are you to me. That’s how I learn!!!

111. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I meant “it’s easy to get commentary mixed up.”

112. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I have been to about 40 states, Oklahoma is not one of them– there’s probably little if any snow?

113. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

lol fred …

114. By Pat the Viking on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I wonder if Fran still have 1 game left in him ?

115. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Fred, the mind is the same as a muscle– the more you work it, the stronger it becomes–neuroscience has taken off recently in the past decade or two on this subject. I know that when I work out, I get stronger– no exception. Oh, Shawn, what is that?

116. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Besides I enjoy Horatio Alger stories like Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas, and Bart Starr. Guys who were disregarded, and often discarded, early in their careers.

It’s kinda like the “Rocky” movies that alot of people hate, but I love.

117. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Titus,
    There is some snow but its tornado season (at least this year) so that’s got me a little worried.

Trip can’t be put off though because I’m going to see my brother and his family. We lost both our parents this year and so we want to be together for Chr1stmas.

Family, whatcha gonna do?

118. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Frederick Jones, it is amazing how many stories are like that– it is more the rule than the exception (Shawn, don’t read that last line).

119. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Pat the Vike: Tarkenton looks like he could still play!

120. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Oh, that’s hard– I lost my mom 4 yrs ago– right at Thanksgiving, I feel your pain– my dad went when I was a teenager. So, we are both orphans.

121. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield,

Family is all important. We had 2 cancer victims, and a drowning in my family this summer.

122. By JOCKO on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

What a farce this whole bs is. Maybe they should make winter park a shrine like Lourdes. Either the arm was ok all week or this is all a bluff. Either way we are the laughing stock of the whole NFL again! A real joke from a class free org.

123. By jpl on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

This is not fair. Farve was out and should stay out. Give it up al;ready. In playoffs for FF andI picked up Webb as a QB/WR and need him to play. HANG IT UP Brett.

124. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

hahaha …. Titus, well let me try ….

You dont get stronger with every workout , at some point you reach whats called a plateau but if you bundle periods of time together then yes you could say Im stronger than I was 3 months ago …

Or maybe your not doing strength training maybe your building endurance and even then off days happen and you will find you cant run as far as yesterday …

125. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: How many “greats” get forced into playing on awful teams though? I am of the vintage to remember Steve Young coming from the USFL to the Bucaneers and thinking, what were they thinking, he’s awful. He gets some fresh scenery in San Fran, and pullls and Aaron Rodgers on the great Joe Montana. Pretty much any quarterback in Tampa’s first 20 years was low grade dog food, but…Young SB with SF. Doug WIlliams SB with DC, and this one hurts… Trent Dilfer SB with Baltimore. Warner, and Brady both came into their own, as the team around them was raising their play to a higher level.

126. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

lol titus even 1 exception takes away from the absolute

127. By Pat the Viking on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

The last time I seen Fran he was doing a commerical – It will be good to see ALL these guys again

128. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Arrow 86 makes a good point.

So many players have been considered no good, or washed up, only to appear somewhere else and make all-pro.

Then there are guys like Gino Torreta (sp), and John Huarte that won trophies in college, and stunk in the pros.

129. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Arrow you have to take Brady out of the eqaution the first game he played in he took over and kept drew bledsoe on the sidelines , and young was one of my exceptions … when Favre stepped in for Majik owski … you knew right away …. I think it happens more often than not ,

130. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I am multi-tasking, but think of the plateaus as part of the working out- I have always done endurance type sports and those plateaus do come, but they are part of the process, not an exception. Anyway, be careful of moral relativism, it is a dangerous slope, and it allows for all manner of behaviors. There is right and there is wrong.

131. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

THREE HOURS TO KICKOFF!!!!
    SOUND THE HORNS!

132. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Many have said that’s what needs to happen with T Jack.

However it has happened within organizations, like Bart Starr with the Packers.
    He was with the Packers for a few years, w/o alot of playing time. Vince Lombardi saved his career. He gave Starr a chance.

133. By Pat the Viking on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

In general -

Women and drugs will make you Stink – if you abuse them

134. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Sometimes all it takes is a kid to play well against an elite team. Like Flynn, last night. If he was playing say the Cardinals and the score was the same, would we think as highly of him as we do with his performance against the Patriots.

135. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I’m crazy…I still think VINCE Young can be a great QB. When he is on, NO ONE is better.

136. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: My heart goes out to you and your brother. The other night, a mentor to me, informed me his 43 year old son is dying. He’s been asked to tell the grandson’s that their Dad is dying. I wish I had the wisdom to tell this great man what will give him peace in losing his son, and his grandson’s losing their Dad.

137. By Pat the Viking on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

If the Chemistry right if was good at Texas

138. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, of course that’s true of Flynn. I bet that one game does not make him a successful QB. What was the name of the QB we traded to the Giants earlier this season…Rosenfels. He has also had some good NFL games. Will he be the next Plunkett, Dilfer, or Reich?

139. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Flynn was something special last night. The Packers have Harrel from Texas Tech as their 3rd string QB and he can throw the bean. He’s tough skinned, he!! he played for Mike Leach after all!

140. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

QB play is based on team play. If the team plays well, the QB will have good stats. Brett Favre has said that several times.

141. By Pat the Viking on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

the 2nd if = he in my above comment

142. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

If Peyton Manning was playing for the Lions, I bet he would still have lots of tds. But he might have more ints, and a lower completion pct.

143. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

year 1 stats … it would take time to find stats fro the first 5 games so

Montana … 81 qb rating … 87 in second year

Ryan Leaf … 39 qb rating

Brady … 86 rating

Tjack … 62 rating

PManning a 71 rating 1st year jumped to a 90 rating

all Im saying is yes you might see mistakes but you also see ” IT “

144. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Arrow,

It wasn’t so bad for us. Our parents were both in pretty bad health for a long time. When they went it was more a relief. Didn’t have to watch them suffer anymore, you know?

The thing that really got us is that going home to see Mom and Dad were the only times my brother and I saw each other and even that was limited because his wife’s family lived in the same area.

So we decided that my wife and I would go down there and be with them. Family is important and my brother and I love each other but with him being in the Army its kind of hard to get together so we planned this at my Dad’s funeral.

Thanks again, all of you.

145. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Some Offensive and Defensive Linemen can throw the bean. Bobby Bell, HOF linebacker KC Chiefs, supposedly could throw the ball the length of the field, according to HOF QB Lenny Dawson!

146. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Remember Danny White with the Cowboys? A lot of Cowboy fans couldn’t wait for Staubach to retire for White to take over. I don’t think Danny White ever played in a Super Bowl. Correct me if I’m wrong. White had Tony Dorsett, Robert Newhouse at Fullback, Drew Pearson and Golden Richards around him. (Remember when the Boys used to do that B.S. where they would pop up before coming set?)

147. By Ricefield on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Frederick,

Agreed, its hard to say that he’ll be a great one but it is pretty easy to make the inference that the kid has skills and as such could be a project for any NFL team and be molded into an elite quarterback with enough experience.

148. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Fred and Pat: Vince Young is a great talent. He needs to grow up a lot though. If he can dump on Fischer, when Fischer was the guy racing around looking for him when Young’s family thought he was suicidal. Who will he (Young) listen too?

149. By crockett on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I couldn’t care less about Favre. The guy’s a “me first” tool of a man. I want to know about the field conditions and whether or not Peterson’s gonna play. I’ve got a 17 point fantasy lead and I’m looking to get into the championship game for the first time ever and huge $$$!! C’mon Peterson…sit this one out!!

150. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: What was Tommy Kramer’s rating year 1 and 2? Steve Dils? and Shawn “Steakman” Salsbury?

151. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

ok im falling behind …

Yes Titus I agree with your right and wrong statement , and morals are differant in differant parts of the world …

and thats a whole nother topic, and I dont pretend to know everything, I try not to judge because …. I believe pain causes pain …. whether it be physical or mental when people go beyond moral boundaries its ALMOST always related to some physical or mental pain

It would be interesting to chit chat over a beer someday …

152. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, thanks

If you found those, then you could a lso look up Terry Bradshaw and Terry Hanratty.

153. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

They had lousy stats in their first few years. And the Steelers were not good.

154. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Kramers career raating was 72.8 and over 13 years he was within 5 points of that …. with a 1 year exception of 92

155. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Stupid blog…I can’t even make a point.

156. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Crockett: Don’t dump on Favre. Think about it, would you rather play football tonight? Or sip Cariboo Coffee while watching the game? The fact he’d like to try to play is admirable. Now you and Tubbs run along and go pick out some pastel t-shirts to wear with your white sear-sucker suits.

157. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

lol wasnt tommy kramer known as the 90 proof qb

158. By Titus on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Shawn, I don’t think this is the best forum for this discussion–are you in the cities? I cannot keep track of everyone.
    The game is coming on soon— I have to do a few things, including a bike ride.

159. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

It’s fun trying to make points with statistics. (maybe that’s my problem word.)

I was so eloquent :)

160. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Since when is the abbreviation for statistics a swear word?

161. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I gotta run too.

162. By Frederick Jones on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

How about Wade “Whiskey” Wilson?

163. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Im in waterloo ia right now titus …

164. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Tommy Kramer: In a sixty minute game could look horrendous, but the last 2 or 3 minutes he always had a scoring drive left in him. The team wasn’t winning like it had in the early to mid 70′s, but it was rarely boring. The greatest drive in Viking history was at the Old Met with Kramer, Ted Brown, Joe Senser, and Ahmad Rashad against Cleveland. I want to say they had :52 seconds and about 80 yards to go. THey executed a hook and ladder to perfection. Ahmad ended it by catching a deflected “Hail Mary” and casually turning into the end zone as the crowd went bonkers!

165. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: Kramer had his personal issues, but #9 had a will to win that is not unlike any of the greats we’ve discussed on here. I don’t know your age Shawn, but Ahmad Rashad, Sammy White, and Joe Senser were his receiving corps and they were exciting.

166. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Pete Bercich just said the guys need to “suck it up.” The field at TCF is softer than any field he ever played on at the Metrodome.

167. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Frederick: Was it Wade Wilson or Kramer who got the Vikes to the NFC championship against Washington only to lose. The Redskins with Doug Williams beat the Broncos for the Super Bowl.

168. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Rex Grossman had a 93.4 QB rating yesterday. He threw 3 TD’s, 2 Picks, and a fumble. The picks were horrendous. The numbers look good, but the results are a disaster. It’s like hiring a guy to drive a bus over a bridge. He survives the trip every time, but the bus goes down the river almost as often as it reaches the parking lot!

169. By Jason P. on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

To all the FAVRE haters and non-believers that said ” He’s thrown his last pass & he’s done its over ” , looks like he’s snookered ya’ll again !!!!! This man’s love for the game and his competetiveness will near be matched !!! Come on Brett give us one last great MNF game !!!! SKOL VIKINGS !!!! BARooooooooooo !!!!!! BARooooooooooooo !!!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE KING !!!!!!! FAVRE 4 – EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

170. By Todd on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

If Farve starts they still need to start utilizing Webb at some point in the game. He needs the experience and he may be the future. Webb is as talented as they come, it would be a waste if he isn’t used.

171. By Zach on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Webb will start. I guarentee it!

172. By mr smiff on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

WHOO-HOO!!! FAVRE WILL START!!!

173. By mr smiff on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

So much for your guarantee, Zach.

174. By mr smiff on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

AP is out, though. Thanks a lot, TJack.

175. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

yea tjack fans / tjack … took out Adrian Peterson sheesh … how long before tjack learns how hand a football off?

176. By Shawn on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Arrow … Tommy Kramer was my first favorite QB, my dad used to tell me he was a drunk … and 1985 is the first Super Bowl I remember

177. By Tim on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

i hope favre shoulder holds up and he gets us the big win. if not we get to see what webb is made of i just hope we tear the bears apart.

178. By Tim on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

it really sucks that AP is inactive i hope gerharts ready to kick some bear a$$.

179. By Stephanie on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I’m so nervous for Favre! he’s just overcoming (barely) this injury, and the offensive line is NOT good. the field conditions and weather is not good and Adrian Peterson is out! team, please step up and help Brett out!

180. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: Try not to worry. He knows what he’s getting into. They were showing in pregrame, the speed of this game will be greatly reduced due to traction issues. THe field itself has been said to feel soft. This will be a game where secondary guys will probably fall down from time to time. I will never wish to watch a game without A.P., but I do feel Gerhart’s running style may be actually more conducive to running in the slop. In horse racing terms, “He’s a mudder!”

181. By Stephanie on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

thanks Arrow, I do feel a little better, I just don’t want to see him get hurt. hopefully Gerhart will step up for AP and the O-line will play better. I really think Brett must love the game like crazy to want to play in these conditions. God bless him! lol. If I were him I wouldn’t want to play, but that’s what makes him special–or maybe crazy! ;)

182. By Tim on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

doe anybody know for sure if harvins playing tonight.

183. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: The fact we’re all still going bonkers over a 5-8 team proves we’re really special, -or maybe crazy! As Billy Joel once said: “You may be right, I may be crazy! But it just may be a lunatic your looking for!”

184. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Tim: Harvin is expected to play.

185. By Tim on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

thanks for the news Arrow86

186. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

DeGear and McKinnie benefit from a slop field. It will slow speed rushers a little. Also for run blocking, DeGear and McKinnie are a formidable duo.

187. By Arrow86 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

ThEY ARE WEARING THE THROWBACK UNIFORMS!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

188. By Tim on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

hey arrow the fact we’re all going bonkers over a 5&8 team just proves we are always with our vikings win or lose we are die hard fans.

2. Dec 20, 2010: Favre Updated From “Out” To “Questionable”; Hutchinson To IR | Vikings Stop Blog
  3. Dec 20, 2010: Monday Night Matchup: Bears at Vikings, Outdoors - NYTimes.com
  4. Dec 20, 2010: Football Fan Site » FavreWatch: Seriously?
  5. Dec 20, 2010: FavreWatch: Seriously? | Green Bay Packers NFL Football News