TCF Bank Stadium Fast Facts And FAQs

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 18, 2010 – 5:26 pm

We’re now just 2 days away from the first outdoor Vikings game in 29 years, a historic event that will be seen across the country on ESPN’s Monday Night Football.

Given this, we’d like to make fans aware of the following points:

1) We are very certain based on ticket returns and initial surveys that all ticket holders intent on going to the game Monday night WILL get in to the stadium. We do not expect any ticket holders to be turned away.
2) We are aware of the need to create an ease of entry for all of our fans attending the game. Typically there are 60 points of entry for a University of Minnesota football game. On Monday night, there will be 84 points of entry, and we are confident this will greatly streamline the process.
3) Thanks to our terrific partnerships, we have various amenities for fans that will make the experience warmer and even more enjoyable. We will be utilizing Williams Arena to serve as a pre-game hospitality space beginning Monday afternoon. ESPN and NFL Network will be running on the screens and concessions will be open. Outside of the gates at TCF Bank Stadium, Caribou Coffee will be passing out coffee, while Mall of America will be distributing disposable hand warmers to all fans entering the stadium.

We’ve included a list of frequently asked questions to provide you with the most information in order to make the transition to TCF Bank Stadium as seamless as possible. We hope to see you on Monday night as we celebrate our 50th season in a very special and memorable fashion.

36 Responses to “TCF Bank Stadium Fast Facts And FAQs”

1. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

It sounds like the Vikings have made some effort on short notice to make this a great experience for fans. 84 entry points to the stadium. Cariboo coffee and hand warmers, are nice touches. I know a lot of people have been inconvenienced or don’t feel they want to be out in the elements on Monday night, but considering you’ll see most of the 50 greatest Vikings and give them one more round of applause is a unique opportunity. I wonder how many of them have pain everyday for what they gave us on Sundays.

2. By CaribooBill on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I noticed that the Broncos are going to start Tebow and the Vikings Webb. It will be intersting to see how they do.

3. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

CaribooBill: Let’s hope both Tebow and Webb play great on Monday night. One thing about how Joe Webb carries himself. He looks poised and confident. He looks fearless. Let’s hope that continues throughout on Monday night.

4. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Whoops! Tebow on Sunday, Webb great on Monday!

5. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

And, it looks like it will be warmer than first anticipated. A high of 21 and a low of 14, so it will be nice with just the right amount of layers and a hat– but they are calling for 1-3 inches of snow Monday afternoon.

6. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

If it is snowy, maybe we use Gerhart to pound at the Bears a little. It sounds like A.P. is still somewhat dinged.

7. By mr smiff on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I would have liked to have seen Favre play Monday night. This sounds like his kind of game. But I’m glad Webb is getting a chance. I think he’ll do well.

8. By CaribooBill on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Flynn gets his first start for the Packers, as well. Against New England, in New England. Now that’s a challenge.

9. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Packers will lose by 60.

10. By CaribooBill on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Of the three first starts, Flynn at NE, Tebow at Oakland and Webb hosting Da Bears, I think Webb has the biggest challenge. I always fear for their safety when I see rookies going in to start a game.

11. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Really C-Bill? Why is that, because of Urlacher and Peppers coupled with the fact Webb has only taken a handful of snaps in a game? I would think Flynn has it the worst and then a toss up– Tebow has played some — but of that group Webb is the only one with a home crowd behind him. Patriots demolished the Bears in Chicago– the Patriots will be in the Superbowl.

12. By Ricefield on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Not only that Titus.

Now don’t take me as a Patriots fan but they’ve gotten hot and I think not only will they be in the Super Bowl but I think they’ll win it again.

No, I’m not rooting for them but it will be awesome to watch them destroy the Packers and after that I might as well wish them well, you know?

13. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I think the Pats will win it all too– but the Saints the past few weeks seem hot too– they look like last year’s winners. NFC is harder to predict, especially since I have not seen Atlanta and they have the best record– but without knowing who they beat and how the games played out, I cannot judge them accurately. Giants and Philly look like possibilities to go, but the Patrs will rake up another one– how many is that since 2000– 6?

14. By Ricefield on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Let’s see, I think they won three in a row went for a forth and was beat by NY. I’m not sure if there was another one or not so yeah its 5 or 6.

That’s a credit to their coach and the organization itself. The team is great, mind you, but the Patriots’ ability to manage their picks and get results from rookies even going so far as to have to rebuild their defense and to get back into the playoffs almost annually is a wonder all its own.

15. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Patriots are a sound pick, Atlanta is a sound pick. Atlanta is like 17-1 at home with their coach. They’ll have home field advantage. I read in my local paper where the Wilf’s are working with Harvin to find the leading experts in migraines to help him with his health issues. Harvin and Frazier remarked that the Wilf’s care more about the players than just being able to run fast with a football.

16. By Ricefield on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

That’s awesome. So Harvin is locked up for next season?

I mentioned in another thread that if they can’t find a treatment for his migraines that we might have to think about trading him. Another season couldn’t hurt if they find one.

However, as it stands now its a toss up between how much talent he brings and how much we miss when he can’t play.

17. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I think Harvin’s rookie contract is a 3 year deal, so he should be with us in 2011. If I’m wrong, correct me, anyone.

18. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Madieu Williams 28 2014
    Tyrell Johnson 25 2012
    Jamarca Sanford 25 2013
    Eric Frampton 26 2011
    Husain Abdullah 25 2011

21. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

LOL IT WOULD BE EASIER JUST TO POST THIS ……

22. By Ricefield on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Shawn.

23. By Woodboat on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield…. Harvin has migraine headaches, he’s NOT the headache. What kind of value do you think he has as trade bait? I know coaches are a sefl confident bunch, but I’m pretty sure none of them think they can coach him outta migraines. He has the same value for the Vikes that he does for every other team, so you aren’t going to get over by trading him away. I prefer that they stay the course they are on and try to fix him.

IF they do, I wanna know how. I get migraines on occasion, and it would be cool to find a cure.

24. By Ricefield on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Agreed Woodboat,

Basically what I was saying is his unreliability is an issue. I am sensitive to his plight but if he can’t play due to his migraines AND he’s as dynamic as he is, then that just means we miss him that much more when he can’t play.

You’re right, other teams won’t want him either but I didn’t want to just come out and say we should cut him if they can’t treat his migraines effectively.

25. By me on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

In the FAQ, it says there will be not tailgating on campus. What about at the State Fair grounds? Is there tailgating there?

26. By Scott on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

This is the best thing that could have happened to the Vikes. Playing outdoors in Minnesota — like it should be. Maybe when they realize this is the way it should have been all along and that the fans LOVE it … Maybe they’ll build an outdoor stadium with NO ROOF.

27. By Frederick Jones on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Good Work Shawn!!!

28. By Frederick Jones on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat: One thing is for sure…Pro teams have the best doctors in the USA. If there is a cure for migraines, they will find it!

We have to keep Harvin, the upside is high, regardless of what happens.

29. By Arrow86 on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Great stats Shawn! Scott, I’m thankful there are still people like you who express a positive outlook on the situation. I too feel this will be a great venue to see a game tomorrow night. I sincerely sympathize with the elderly and those with physical handicaps that may not feel comfortable attending an outdoor game, but what do those same people do in Green Bay or Chicago?

30. By Arrow86 on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Giants / Eagles is getting interesting 31-24. Two Eagle TD’s in 2-minutes!

31. By Arrow86 on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: I’m not as concerned about Harvin’s diminished trade value as the fact the Vikings carry a lot of guys on the team who really have zero trade value to anyone. I don’t think any GM’s are staring at their phones waiting for it to ring from the Vikings for Baskett, Lewis, any of our safeties, a couple of our corners. But that is probably true of all teams, and I’m being unrealistic.

32. By Dirk on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

What side of the field will the Vikings be on?

33. By Arrow86 on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Dirk: Hopefully, THE WINNING SIDE! HA!

34. By GOLDVIKE on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

GO WEBB!!!!

35. By Alex on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I have 2 end zone party deck voucher tickets I won about a month ago for this game. Anyone have a clue or if they said anything about these being honoured still?

2. Dec 18, 2010: TCF Bank Stadium Fast Facts And FAQs | Vikings Stop Blog