Steve LaCroix To Address Media Today At 2:00 P.M.

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 18, 2010 – 12:03 pm

Vikings Vice President of Sales and Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer Steve LaCroix will be available to members of the media today from the Winter Park field house beginning at 2:00 p.m.

LaCroix will provide an update on the latest regarding Monday night’s Vikings-Bears game at TCF Bank Stadium.

That press conference will be available on vikings.com in 0n-demand format this afternoon.

17 Responses to “Steve LaCroix To Address Media Today At 2:00 P.M.”

1. By Frederick Jones on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Perhaps this will be Joe Webb’s debut.

I hope he is as good as the the other Joes (as in Montana, Namath, etc)!!!

2. By DRS on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

We will see on monday.

3. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Mike– what does this mean? — ” the integrity of the broadcast has not been comprised in the least.” I believe it was supposed to read “compromised.”

4. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Fred, I agree this Joe may be another Montana. And, who knows, maybe in a couple years on a different team, Tavaris will prove to be the next Steve Young.

5. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Oops– I posted under the wrong one– that mistake was on the newer blog– my bad, that’s what you get for being critical– it usually points right back at you.

6. By mr smiff on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Maybe, Titus. But he’s done here.

7. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Really, Mr. Smiff?

8. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Above all, whether Webb is great or so-so, I won’t be criticizing him next week. Sing his praises if all goes well, otherwise, zip, nada, nothing.

9. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Oh, Mr Smiff, yeah I see what you mean– tavaris is done here, I know that- I thought you meant the writer of these articles– firedchild always said Mike was Chilly’s relative.

10. By Ricefield on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I agree Arrow, but as I said the other night that doesn’t get the rest of the team off the hook.

I was wrong about last week though when I said the whole team played horrendously. Like the article says, our special teams has played well principally all season and a stat they can be proud of is (I think) they haven’t given up a touchdown off a kickoff or punt.

A performance like that deserves recognition. Hopefully they perform well again and the rest of the team reward their effort with some of thier own.

11. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: I end up having to go into work again this Monday night, and again I’ll miss most of the game. Enjoy every second of the broadcast. Remember that time when everyone seemed positive and fired up about the Vikings? Oh yeah, that was a week ago coming off of 2 wins. It’s time to start a winning streak, and the Bears were trashed last week.

12. By Ricefield on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

The enthusiasm is coming back. Being back in front of a home crowd tends to do that. We’re not out of this game by a long shot. The “Any Given Sunday” rule is most definitely in effect. We can win this game.

13. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

A couple of factors go in our favor. It appears Harvin will play, A.P. will play but is still nicked. The Bears were smoked at home last week in the cold and snow. The 50 Greatest should get a meeting with the team on Monday afternoon. They should be allowed to tell what it meant to them to play for the Minnesota Vikings and share a funny story or two from their playing days. I think the current Vikes would be inspired from it.

14. By Ricefield on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, in my opinion Favre is a throwback to those guys. He’ll know personally what they’re talking about. If the other guys need to know what it was like they could ask Favre as well as the older gentlemen. Inspired might be too small a word for what the team will feel after talking to them.

15. By Arrow86 on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Favre has played in many cold weather games. He hasn’t fared as well in recent cold weather games. Last year when the Vikes played in Chicago, I think the temperature was colder than what it should be Monday night. The Vikes got it going in the second half, but lost.

16. By Ricefield on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, that was a good game though. That was a game to be proud of even though we lost because the team never gave up.

You’re right, his age shows when the weather gets cold but the way they came back in that game to make it close was impressive enough for me to say with confidence that last year, the cold didn’t effect him as much as it could have.

2. Dec 18, 2010: Steve LaCroix To Address Media Today At 2:00 P.M. | Vikings Stop Blog