Vikings Greats Blair, Voigt Anxious For Outdoor Vikings Game On Monday

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 17, 2010 – 12:41 pm

It’s only appropriate that the Vikings-Bears game this Monday night was the game chosen to celebrate and honor 50 seasons of Vikings history as well as the 50 Greatest Vikings of all-time because the game will be played outdoors. It will be the first time the Vikings have played an outdoor home game since the final game at Met Stadium on December 20, 1981.

“I’m delighted,” former Vikings TE Stu Voigt said on Friday. “It’s one of those deals where it will be just like old-school football. I think fans will embrace the outdoor game and the weather, and I also think it’s fitting that the 50th celebration is involved, too. Monday night will bring up memories of Metropolitan Stadium and the way football should be played.”

Voigt certainly is not the only former Vikings player or Minnesotan who is looking forward to the Vikings and Bears, old division rivals, lacing them up for an outdoor game in December.

“Football is meant to be played outdoors,” former Vikings LB Matt Blair proclaimed over the phone. “Weather shapes the event and there’s nothing better than football outside in this kind of element. If it’s cold, it’s cold. If it snows, it snows. If it’s warm, it’s warm. But football should be played outside and Monday night is going to be fun.”

Blair also brought up another good point, and one that both players and fans should consider.

“I’ll tell you,” he said, “it’s all mental. You don’t get used to the cold, you deal with it.”

266 Responses to “Vikings Greats Blair, Voigt Anxious For Outdoor Vikings Game On Monday”

1. By Sara Maher on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Don’t even think of building a retractable roof on a new stadium. Don’t need one. We aren’t coming to the game on Monday, because of the cold. We have 4 season tickets and I am a “Fair Weather” fan. We would give them up if they think they have to play football outdoors in MN. I only went to one Twins game this year cuz they don’t have a roof! I am not going to drive 100 miles one way and sit in cold, wet, snowy, stormy weather. FORGET IT! Your fans come from Canada, North and South Dakota and Iowa they have to deal with the weather to get to the stadium, that is enough! We don’t need old fashion football in MN we need to get with the times and build!

2. By vikingsven on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

We are going to see a new stadium built for the Minnesota Vikings! It should have a retractable roof….and the decision to have it open or closed rests with the Vikings. Meaning, if you would want a “Metropolitan Stadium-type game”…you have the option.

Oh…one more thing….I am sooooo tired of reading comments from identified “football fans” in southern California. The Minnesota Vikings are not going anywhere! They will not be leaving their “home” for LA LA land….the land of bankruptcy!! The economy there is sooooooo bad, it makes the NFL market the Vikings now have a financial paradise!

LA LA land….you stole our Lakers….you will not be stealing our Vikings! By the way….send our Laker name back!

3. By Peyton Barclay on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I too am a season ticket holder, though I live 700 miles away in Ohio and only get to personally come to a couple of games a year…I sell the rest of my tickets via NFL Ticket Exchange.

I understand any new stadium would almost certainly have to have a roof on it to get any public funding so it could host events year round, rain or shine. But personally, I grew up being a fan of the Vikings partially because of the mystique of the Nordic warriors battling the elements. I would personally want to attend an outdoor game in the snow, to see the weather once again become a home field advantage for my Vikings. Now, my wife and child would not attend such a game, and she might try to have me committed to the loony bin for doing so. But I attended the Vikings-Browns game in 1989 in Cleveland with gametime temperatures in the teens. I dressed appropriately, and you know what…it wasn’t bad at all. I’d think, if they were willing to invest the money, that you could come up with a design that could help keep fans dry and not frozen…steam pipes or electric heating elements built into the concrete bowl, maybe just an opening in the roof like the old Texas Stadium. If you can somewhat keep the wind out of the place or minimized, and keep fans at 35-40 degrees while letting the players otherwise experience the real weather conditions, it would be a great thing.

4. By Peyton Barclay on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

By the way vikingsven, unfortunately the NFL would dictate when the roof would be closed…they would not let the Vikings decide whether to expose the other team to the elements or not.

5. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

wah wah … who cares if you give up your 4 season tickets …. Packer fans fill their stadium and have over the last 20 years been a much more succesfull organization than we have …. FACT : DOME TEAMS DONT DO WELL ON THE ROAD !!!!!!!!!

THAT BEING SAID THEY HAVE ALREADY SAID IF THEY BUILD ONE IT WILL HAVE A TOP ON IT … SO STOP CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Looks like Donovan McNabb will be available for next season … Shanahan benched him , lol Redskins have no wide recievers and Mcnabb has a 77 QB rating … last year he had a 92 QB rating because Philly has WRs

I bet with Rice and Harvin … hed be pretty good

7. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

he has a lifetime rating of 85 … and my be a nice 3 year guy to get Webb ready

8. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Outdoor football! The way it was and is meant to be! Get with the times? What does that mean? We should play indoors– hey, great idea, Favre could play into his 70s– just let him play on Wii.

9. By maximumfiction on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I can’t believe these new Vikings “fans.” Look, the Vikings _should_ be playing outdoors. They’re the _Vikings_! I grew up in western PA, about halfway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. I didn’t like the Browns, and I didn’t like the Steelers. I was a kid without a team. But I adopted the Vikings as “my” team during the Super Bowl against the Chiefs. I loved nothing more than watching the Vikes, Joe Kapp at the helm, beating up on their opponents on a frozen, snowy day in whacky old Metropolitan Stadium. No sour faces in the cold stands, just maniacs in snowmobile suits rooting on the team. When the Vikes moved indoors, they lost their personality and they lost their allure. Too bad. I say rip the roof off the Metrodome and be done with it! Play in the snow, Vikings!

10. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Sara Maher, Why go at all? Stay home and in joy the game from your big screen TV. Save yourself the money and inconveniences of life! A semi open are stadium is the best! You have the elements when the season is fair and the indoors temps when the weather is bad. If it is good for the cowboys all them years, it is good for the Vikings! STAY HOME IF YOU CANNOT TAKE LIFE!

11. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

DRS, exactly what I was thinking, but I thought I would hold my tongue– although my post directly above yours is in response to Sara– okay, now I have spoken.
    OUTDOOR FOOTBALL_- real football.

12. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I have been a Viking fan from 1965 to present. I was so made when they went with that stinking dome! The Met was the perfect place for Football games! Plenty of room for expansion, with the old North Stars stadium near there, by the way thanks Texas for steeling them as well, (Now known as the stars).

Too bad, they put the Mall of America there instead of where the dome is now. That would have been a better idea!

With a refurbished Met stadium or a new one built nearby with a retractable roof, we would not be having this conversation!

13. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

That should have been rink instead of stadium. Sorry.

14. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

for the North Stars that is.

15. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

For them who do not know, the North stars where a hockey team, and very good one at that. They played in Minnesota about the same time as the Vikings played in the Met stadium.

16. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Does anyone remember the thunderbird Hotel/Motel, (I do not recall what it was a Hotel or Motel), and all the room that was around the Met? I sure liked the parking that was there for tailgating and such.

17. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Vikings VP of Sales & Marketing/Chief Marketing Officer Steve LaCroix will hold a live chat on vikings.com today at 3:00 p.m. CT to answer questions

18. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I remember seeing the circus at the Met Center.

19. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I remember that as well.

20. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I hope the Vikings of today can play in the snow as the old purple people eaters did.

21. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Well did Vikings VP of Sales & Marketing/Chief Marketing Officer Steve LaCroix help with what is happening with tickets and such?

22. By Dakotahoss on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

No place on the ticket does it give the Vikings the right to change the venue. This is breach on contract, and I hope some crafty lawyer in the cities gets an injunction, to prevent this game from happening !

I hope someone will look ino a class action law suit, I would be interested in joining the class.

I just can’t believe the Vikings have so little class, or common sense, that they would risk injury to fans and players by putting this game in a college stadium that wes NOT designed or intended to be used at this time of the year by an NFL team!

23. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Dakotahoss, I think you will find that in the contract there is a clause in case of events beyond the control of the team they have the right to do just that. The ticket is not the contract, the purchase agreement is.

24. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Besides there is no outrages safety issues, the TCF is a safer stadium the dome, and newer. If you want to be warm, why do you not get a sweet @ the TCF?

25. By Dakotahoss on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Nothing on my invoice for my season tickets says anything about moving the game. I am sympathetic to the Vikings plight here, but if holding the game in a college stadium that is NOT intended to be used at this time of the year is the best the Vikes can come up with, maybe it’s high time they come up with the money to build their own stadium, so this kind of nonsense never happens!

I sure hope someone pursues a class action lawsuit over this. I will gladly join!

26. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Well this blog is somewhat dead. Talk later.

27. By Dakotahoss on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Tell that to the players! They don’t seem to thrilled to play on concrete!

28. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Never will happen. The law is on the Vikings side. See yaw.

29. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

People, calm down, save the drama when some real trauma happens. Perspective, people. We have all gone through a lot in our lives– is this so terrible? Two things happen— you can sit outside in a one year old (brand new) stadium and enjoy a true flashback of MN football– or you get a refund and can enjoy a get-together indoors with friends, food, and no lines to the bathrooms.
    Half the world spends most of their days looking for food and water– COME ON, be thankful— I look forward to this game, it is awesome to be outside– could not be a better anniversary of the old Met days.

30. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Typical response of an entitlement ME FIRST SOCIETY– blame others and sue!
    Keep America great.

31. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Titus, I agree, Some people are spoiled by their me first life styles, and the nanny state we find ourselves in; I would go if I had the $$$ to go, and I miss the old Met.

32. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

@titus … yup its sad … we have to play one game outdoors and wah wah wah

remind me again of everything thats happened in new orleans the last 3 years…

33. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Dakotahoss, how is the bear hall doing? Or is it not safe for you there? Sue, Sue, Sue weee.

34. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

btw … we all have moments of feeling entitled … but to suggest a law suit WHAT AND IDIOT@DakotahossUCKS.com

35. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, it seems to me that our fans of this time in history could not make it in the world of the 60’s.

36. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

what an idiot … i said what and lol

37. By DRS on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Well see yaw

38. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

i think you will see 50,000+ that could monday night , but yes there are few wah wahs on the boards

39. By Pat the Viking on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

One main reason back in the ’80 – was the Vikings wanted to attract and KEEP talented players. For example, let’s just say that WE COULD HAVE DRAFTED BRETT FARVE FROM So. Miss – We wouldn’t got a LONG TERM Contract (maybe 2 to 3 years) when his contract was up – he would be GONE – JUST LIKE ANY OTHER TALENTED PLAYER WOULD HAVE DONE. Back them, We got talented players that CAME FROM COLD WEATHER COLLEGES and etc….

When we PLAYED in the SB against Oakland we LOST because we WASNT USE TO THE HEAT(The Weather).

40. By Rick on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

STILL PURPLE ALWAYS PURPLE !!!!!!!!!!!

41. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: Your informative posts on McNabb and his performance rating is enlightning. I think he’d be a good steward of the team and mentor to Webb for 1-2 years. High character guy. He’s in a bind in D.C. No runningbacks, and no line. As for people bellyaching over the game. It will be cold. But, it will be in Minnesota! Are you happy that the guys played in Detroit on Monday night? TCF is a beautiful stadium. Most of the 50 greatest Vikes played outside. It’s like going on a safari compared to the zoo. On a safari you see them in their natural habitat. In the zoo, their sleepy and lethargic! Enjoy the 50 Greatest in the Great outdoors!!! It’s a unique moment in our team’s history and heritage!

42. By Pat the Viking on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I meant to say a player like Brett Farve back before the New Stadium

43. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Pat the Viking: Your argument fell flat. Favre played what? 17 or 18 years in Green Bay! Reggie White played several years in Green Bay. No one would play for the Patriots if this were the case. Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami, New Orleans, Houston, and Arizona would be the dynasties of football if their were any truth to it. The turf may turn white, as long as the money is still green, and you have an organization dedicated to winning they will come!

44. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shawn is right, there will be 50,000+ on Monday night! It’s like a great party. It isn’t great because 20 people showed up, it’s great because 20 people wanted to be there!

45. By Pat the Viking on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Farve had the run of the TEAM in GB – WE Wouldnt allowed that in MN

46. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow– awesome posts– brother, you are on fire tonight!
    I was thinking the same thing with Pat the Viking– I am reading it and wondering if I need to be pulled from the fog of Twilight Zone– Favre played in Green Bay!!!
    Look at Chicago, Patriots, etc– Look at the Bills of the 90s– Buffalo is no picnic in the winter– I know.
    AND the safari-zoo analogy — LOVE IT!!! Keep up the good work.

47. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Oh, add the Giants– they have done great, and they play where? In a Dome, NO.
    Add Pittsburgh– great weather in December — NOT! Oh, gee, those teams are never that good, they don’t get talent– A lot of great teams play outside– the dome teams can get soft– can, I said, not always– so don’t start posting responses to that.

48. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Titus: I always heard there was another brilliant mind out there. That I had been separated at birth from my brother. Where do you want to sit at my holiday gathering, BROTHER! LOL

49. By Pat the Viking on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

What WAS told and stated THEN was to attract Talented Players – My Fault I shouldnt have mention Farve He didnt play back then.

Now I not sure BUT BACK THEN (1960-1980) – I dont think they had HEATERS on the Sidelines

50. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow– What’s for dinner?

51. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

From what I have read in this blog, there will not be a pro football team in MN next year, unless there is an agreement to build a stadium.

52. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I like the idea of ripping the metrodome roof off and just playing there.

But you know it would never happen.

53. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I wish I could predict what will happen, ultimately it’s all about the money.

Can they do better in LA? If so, that’s where they will be next season.

54. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

One bad season, and pffft they’re gone.

You wouldn’t think that could happen.

55. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I loved watching Stu Voigt play. #83 had tremendous hands, great blocking skills, and knew where there were gaps in coverage to get open. He never had a step, so he never lost a step, but always a tremendous effort, and great performer. TRULY A GREAT PLAYER WITH HEART!

56. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Titus! WE’re serving Bear! My wife is an excellent cook! If you could bring some munchies it would help us out though! See you at 7:00 Monday night! LOL

57. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Frederick: We live in a world where everyone is so reactionary. Fortunately, I don’t see the Wilf’s in this same light. They are known for building things. Going to LA wouldn’t be building anything. The WIlf’s, some lawmakers with backbone, and businesses that are positively impacted by the Vikings will lobby to find the money to get this done.

58. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Pat the Viking: They’ve had sideline heaters in the 70′s, but Bud Grant did not allow Viking players to use them, he really stressed that it was a mind over matter. If your focused on staying warm, you’re not focused on making your block, or executing your role on the team. On the opponents sideline it looked like a frat prank, you know the one where 32 guys cram into a Volkswagen Beetle. Everyone gathered tight to the heaters.

59. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Frederick: What is your take? Do you feel as I do, that Mc Nabb could help the Vikings next season, and serve as a bridge to get to the Joe Webb era. He would be our starter for 1-2 years and continue the mentoring process for Webb. The contract McNabb signed recently is null and void if the Skins cut him at the end of the season, and he’s not owed a cent.

60. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I know I have a lot of hot air, but this is 6 straight posts. You folks can’t ignore me!

61. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

To go further with McNabb, he played in a very similar system in Philly. We already have half the guys who couldn’t catch a ball when he was there. He has definitely proven he is tough and can play in pain. He works hard in the off-season. He has charisma, and can take the negativity that comes with being a quarterback.

62. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow86, The Wilfs were slow, compared to the average owners, in getting rid of their head coach.

So, hopefully, like you say they will put some energy into making it work in Minnesota.

It’s just that money seems to drive everything, and yes people are reactionary. So I’m trying to prepare myself for the shock of the Vikings leaving.

63. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

McNabb now has something to prove. Our Vikings have something to prove. This season was an injury plagued fluke!

64. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

How old is McNabb? He’ll probably be 38 next season.

He has always been one of my favorite QBs. He has the skills and the intelligence to lead.

But why did Shanahan give up on him? He may not be wrong!

Seems like it would be a good decision to get McNabb.

65. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Frederick: Do you think the Wilf’s were slow in getting rid of Chilly out of loyalty. He cleaned up the image of the team. Until this season each year showed improvement on the field. He was 1 play away from the Super Bowl! You don’t just dump him on a whim. It’s complicated. I do feel it was the right move, but Frazier has guys with injuries too.

66. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

McNabb would be great singing Purple Rain after a Super Bowl win!

67. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

That first statement should have been phrased as a question. Edit please. That’s why I get whipped at Jeopardy!

68. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow86 We cannot blame one guy.

I think the Vikings forgot how they won, and became difficult to coach.

Sometimes a coach can become big-headed and stubborn after lots of winning seasons. Maybe he ruined some relationships.

Perhaps a little of both. Who knows?

69. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

McNabb is 34– usually I would not go with him, but I think you are right– he has something to prove– he might be a good buy. Good for a few years.

70. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Childress certainly did do a great job cleaning up after the Love Boat! That’s not something just anyone could do…

71. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow– I make some mean meatb-alls in a mushroom gravy– I wonder if bear meat would work? I could not post meatb-alls–funny.

72. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Frederick you are right– that’s why Wilfs brought in Chilly– the Wilfs have integrity– that is why, they want to keep us in MN– but we need a stadium. There is lots of money here– some rich corporations and their owners.

73. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

McNabb is 34, he’ll be 35 next season. That is not too old for a QB.

I’d like to see it. Titus and Arrow86 will you two work together with your millions to pull it off?

74. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Maybe I should change my blog name to ObtainMcNabb or something!

75. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

It is alot more fun to talk about QBs than O-linemen!

76. By Frederick Jones on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

But without some great o-linemen, even McNabb at his best, would struggle.

77. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

well there is some good news that came out today everyone. It looks like the vikings might have found their bridge qb for 1-2 years, while the rookie learns the system and the ropes of the NFL from a veteran qb. I am talking about the strong possibility of the vikings landing Donavon McNabb this off-season.

78. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

now that we have a potential bridge qb that will be out on the market. we can now start looking to rebuild our O line. This is what they should do in my opinion. First trade John sully and Bryant McKinney, for either draft picks. Then we have to go out into free agency and look at a center. In the draft we go after a left tackle and a right guard. The only people that they should keep from this years line is Hutch, Loadholt, and herrera(herrera for back up purpose only) I believe the vikings can get some where between decent placed 2nd and 3rd round picks for Sully and McKinney. the quarterback for the future and drastic fixes to the O line in this years draft and free agency.

79. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

*john sully and Bryant McKinney, for draft picks*

80. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

O line and quarterback of the future, should be the main focus of this years draft and free agency.

81. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Oh, I forgot one thing. They should trade Berrian for, if they can get it. A 4th or a 5th round draft pick and keep that one guy from the CFL Andy Fantuz, if he turns out to be any good, which I believe he is.

82. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

GOOD ONE ARROW

83. By Derek on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Even on a video games the Vikings can’t even go to the Super Bowl! I was a perfect 16-0 in my season on Madden 11 for the PS3, and was in the NFC Championship game against the Packers in the Metrodome, and lost in OT 34-31! With the Vikes (Me) winning the OT coin toss, and driving down the field with AP and Gerhart to set up Longwell for a 36 yard field goal, and the kick was off the right goal post, and it was NO GOOD! Man, I though I had it lined up and everything, and I seen the kich hit the goal post. Then Rodgers and the Packers offense just marched down the field and was at the MIN 5 yard line to kick the winning field goal, for the Packers to go to the Super Bowl. Must be just the all around luck the Vikings are having this year!

84. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I have never been a big fan of McNabb, always seems to throw badly in big games– not interceptions so much, but to the ground– or I could be wrong– I have not seen every game he’s played– he is definitely a good QB– and I think he does want to prove something— it might work– if he comes in, I will support him.

85. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

If they land McNabb, which Ive got a good feeling about … I dont think you trade McKinnie until maybe next year to make sure we dont get a bust at LT from the draft … and who knows maybe McKinnie is just having an off year he is only 31 , maybe he comes back srong next year … if we keep the guys we got and draft a tackle he can push both Loadholt and Mckinnie

BUT WE STILL NEED A SAFETY AS MUCH AS ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

86. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I’m not a big fan either, but he is good and would be a perfect bridge qb for the rookie, that we will be drafting this year. hes a laid back, hard working, guy, who doesn’t mind mentoring back up quarterbacks.

87. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

shawn, we will have to worry about that next year. The only thing I could see us doing is trading Williams to anyone for at least (this is the only draft pick I can see anyone considering) a 6th or a 7th round pick for him, then we can look in free agency or the draft for a free safety.

88. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

But the defense will probably be something we worry about in 2012.

89. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Or wait till training camp to trade McKinnie to make sure the rook doesnt hold out and looks as good as we thought when we draft him….

And Im pretty sure all we get for Berrian is a chuckle … any undrafted free agent could catch 24 pa’sses and average only 9 yards a catch BERRIAN SUCKS

90. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

@ANIMAL26 … lol it is next year, and safety is a bigger issue tha OT … we have the 7th ranked defense and everyone thinks and complains they suck because of all the big plays we give up and what position is the last stop of a big play …. ummm the appropiatley named “SAFETY”

91. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

yeah, I see what your saying. However, I think we can get lucky and get a 4th-5th round pick for berrian. long shoot, but I could see the panthers or even the bucs considering it.

92. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I meant to say in 2012 about safety. sorry

93. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I’m not one of those who thinks the defense sucks. I’m just saying that we need some youth and depth. We still are dominate on defense, but that dominance isn’t going to last for too many years.

94. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Under McNabb the Eagles went to 5 NFC championships during the years 2001-2008– not a bad resume — and he seems to be a team player—

95. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Well i guess its ok if we disagree but i see safety as a bigger issue than OT

96. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

animal– our defense was really good for the most part– look at the Jets game– the Jets could only get field goals the first five times they scored– Our offense was lacking— they are symbiotic—- as we all know. Our defense was on the field a lot and playing from behind— get the offense churning again, and the defense is very good,– just a few additions are needed.

97. By CaribooBill on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Can someone tell me what is wrong with the Metrodome, other than a collapsed roof? Is it too small? Why do the Wilfs want a new stadium? By the way, Google BC Place Stadium renovations to see what is being done to install a retractable roof onto a Metrodome-like stadium.

98. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Yea McNabb gets a bad rap i think because he is inaccurate at times , but he still maintains a rating in the upper 80s and usually not a big interception guy, he has 15 this year and thats his worst ever

99. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

McNabb has a carreer completion percentage of 58.9 … which is a little low

and on the other side of that …

P.Manning is 64.9%
    T.Brady is 63.7%

100. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

When I lunch with Zygi on Monday I will tell him what we decided on the blog– bring in McNabb, keep Webb, get a new safety and OT, and bring back Moss.

101. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

@titus …lol thanks buddy =)

102. By animal26 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

thanks man!

103. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I think we could find a spot in the qb graveyard for McNabb …

104. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I joke, I joke. But seriously, I would not put it past Zygi to do just that.

105. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

@CaribooBill … honestly I dont see why we couldnt play in the dome for another few years … it holds 64 thousand which is low side of average, i think the biggest problem is they want us to sign some unrighteous lease

106. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Did you know Soldier Field only holds about 62,000– smaller than the Metrodome– but granted, a much nicer stadium and OUTSIDE for all the whiners for Monday’s game.
    Shawn, if it is a leasing issue, why would anyone not take a 3-5 year lease while we decide on a new one (metrodome was cheap from the start– it would be nice to have a new one). Seriously, who else is going to lease that space? The local bingo club?

107. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

yea titus i have no clue … i think new stadiums are the latest fad for owners and so we want one … but honestly i really dont follow the stadium issue something makes me think they will play somewhere in minnesota so all i care about is how do we win … its not fun to be a fan when your season is over and its only week 13 …. could you imagine being a lions fan lol

108. By Tim on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

hey vikesfan not to mention that LA stole the brooklyn dodgers from new york.

109. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

yea but if ive heard the story right it was because that city was changing, and due to the way the city was growing , it caused the fans to have traveling and parking issues … just a differant dynamic.

110. By Tim on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Thats true and minnesota has the best fans

111. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Minnesota has a long history of winning– just not closing the deal.

112. By Alan Einstein on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

SARA MEYER and others with her same thoughts… A retractable roof is to provide you with exactly what you want: An enclosed, warm and secure atmosphere without the outdoors intruding on your special event. The idea of it being retractable is simple. When the weather is pleasant, it can be open so we have the appearance and feel of an outdoor stadium. Everybody wins.

113. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Alan Einstein: I hope you don’t really mean everyone wins… otherwise our visiting opponent might win too! LOL!

114. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Titus the meat-b-a-l-l-s with mushroom sauce sounds to die for, but will they make me gassy????

115. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Frederick: Titus, Shawn, and myself don’t have a plug nickel between us. We were counting on using your millions to tie up the loose ends and get this deal done! LOL

116. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Well, Arrow, I make them with egg, oatmeal, onions, black pepper, powdered thyme, salt –brown them, and then make a mushroom sauce. Oh, man I am getting hungry.

117. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Oh, of course– ground beef– I usually get the organic stuff at Costco

118. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: Your stats are accurate, and informative. I appreciate that. McNabb’s completion percentage is low, but if we were throwing to Baskett and Lewis, one year to T.O. Bryant Westbrook was a good receiving back, only 1 or 2 years to DeSean Jackson, and I can’t for the life of me remember an Eagle tight end. In light of this, the completion percentage may be a little misleading. I think Donovan has been an accurate passer. Above all, he’s always reported to camp, worked very hard in the offseason, and handled ridicule with class.

119. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Titus my bro: I’ll put you down to say Grace!

120. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I think we would welcome McNabb and if he felt appreciated, I think he would prove something– he wants a Superbowl ring– he is competitive and teamed with Adrian– the more I think about it, the more appealing it sounds. I am putting my Favre 2011 flag down. McNabb 2011!!

121. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I know some thoughts have come up about trading McKinnie. I’ve been critical of both tackles this season. However, McKinnie really was a solid tackle until week 10 or 12 last season. Loadholt has all the size and strength you’d love to see in a tackle, but is still young and raw at 23 or 24. I wonder if McKinnie is having a nagging injury. Not something major, but something that limits his flexibility and movement. He didn’t practice at the Pro Bowl due to pain and was sent home. I don’t know, I’m only speculating.

122. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

CaribooBill: I too wonder why the Metrodome couldn’t be renovated to meet the needs of the Vikings for many years to come. One thing about a football stadium is, if you have a great season you get 12 home games. If you stink you get 10 (including pre-season). It’s a lot of scratch to make it a reality. But everytime I turn on Speed network it seems “The Gravedigger” is doing burnouts at the Metrodome.

123. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Look what they did to Soldier Field for 385 million– I have not been there, but it looks very nice from TV and the stadium’s website. And it seats fewer than the Metrodome.

124. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Is that “Gravedigger” looking for old quarterbacks?

125. By ObtainMcNabborsomething? on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Ladies and Gentlemen: I’d love to come play QB in Minnesota. I grew up in Chicago, played basketball and football at Syracuse. I’ll play in a dome, on tundra, in a dessert, or out on 394 at rush hour. All I ask is, if someone could chase the Escalade I’m riding to Winter Park with a helicopter! I look forward to hearing from you all.

Sincerely,

D.C. Donovan

126. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

A little remembrance of Matt Blair #59 as a Viking. My memories as a kid were his speed to the ball. I can remember a game when Billy Sims of Detroit broke free and appeared to have a sure 6 points. Matt Blair took a great angle, ran him down and threw him out of bounds. Many special teams heroics blocking field goals, punts, and extra points. When the ball bounced the right way he could turn it into points for the purple in a hurry. He always seemed to be upbeat, he was a winner!

127. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

haha yea whos picking McNabb up at the airport …

128. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: Chilly has knows the route, has an Escalade, and like the Styx hit of the 70′s he has “Too much time on my hands!”

129. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Titus: The guy driving the “Gravedigger” wore a greenish-purple #4 jersey, and Wranglers!

130. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

sweet just need to complete the trade …

Berrian, Madieu, and a 4th rounder? throw in Baskett and Lewis just cause lol

131. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

they would probally deny it untill we remove lewis and baskett from the deal

132. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

YOU KNOW GUYS WE GET A LOT OF WORK DONE HERE ….

133. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: Something that may work in this deal you mentioned. Berrian’s salary is fairly close to Donovan McNabb’s and we could do a trade today. The Skins Shanahan has said, this doesn’t guarantee Donovan will be brought back. If McNabb gets cut, we can renegotiate to get him. Berrian and McNabb could use the change of scenery. The Vikes need to show ASAP they are going to improve that line, or McNabb only needs to look to Favre to see how things could end for him.

134. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I dont know if you read the story but McNabb will be the back up this week and 3rd string the last 2 game …. lol

135. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

hey Guys, I have said since they benched Mcnabb the first time( said he counln’t run a 2 minute drill), they gave him a nre contact””’with an out… that we should fo after him.(total run-on sentence), I know we need to draft QB, but he wouldn’t be ready to start next year. Let him play behind Mc Nabb for a couple of years

136. By PurpleParody on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow – I don’t think McNabb is an answer for us. He’s having troubles in Washington, and I doubt that our team will prove to be any better for him.

137. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

PurpleP, He has no receivers. Ithink with our receiving corp he could thrive.

138. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

@PurpleParody … why? we need a qb … and a lot of other things, if we get McNabb than all we need is a lot of other things. Gotta start somewhere

139. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Purpleparody: Favre has no line to protect him, but does have Rice, Schiancoe, Harvin, and A.P. to take some pressure off. Look where McNabb had the Skins prior to all their runningbacks getting hurt. He has Cooley, and Santana Moss who is a diminutive receiver. I think McNabb has done more magic with his supporting cast than Doug Henning ever did on stage. Kyle Shanahan is very rigid in how he wants his plays ran. McNabb has run our offense, quick transition. He models the toughness of Favre. He still can run at times which makes the defense account for him. Deflects criticism off of coaches and teammates. Who gets a standing ovation as a visitor in Philly?

140. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I failed to mention Donovan has no line either.

141. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Merchandising for the Vikes next year, hmmmm. No Favre. Everyone has their Allen, Peterson, Harvin, and Rice jersey already. Maybe we could see a ton of #5 jersey’s in Minnie, Philly, and New Jersey!

142. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Sue, that was less of a run on sentence, and more of a comma splice.

143. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Hey Titus, get going on those meatb-a-l-l-s and I’ll hold down the Donovan McNabb circus while you’re away, and MA! FIX ME SOME MEATLOAF! – CHAZ

144. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow … yup

And Purple if you can inject a better option than McNabb please do, But looking over the league there is no better QB to get than McNabb. Maybe we get lucky and one falls to us in the draft and he isnt a bust but do you really want to ake that gamble and be sitting here next year talking about needing a QB?

145. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I am with you, though– McNabb might be the best option. I have always liked him as a person, but never quite saw all the hype about him as a QB. But he did lead the Eagles to 5 NFC championship games between 2001 and 2008. It would be nice to get back to one in the next year or two– and let AP do his stuff.

146. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow, I told a friend you cannot say b-alls on the Vikings site and he said, ” You can’t say b-alls on a sports blog?”

147. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I know I dont … I JUST WANT TO WIN!!!!

148. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I think if we are to sign Rice, we need Donovan McNabb. Other vets, even on the defensive side of the ball would have an interest in coming back to Minnesota. Other players around the league love and respect Donovan for how he handles things and would consider coming to Minnesota. McNabb even tried to be a go between to get Albert Haynesworth to play. IT didn’t work, but hay, he tried!

149. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

yea I think all Viking fans need to create the same uproar we made after chilly cut moss with the same tenacity that finally got chilly fired … because ultimately the fans got chilly fired

150. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

McNabb is the best choice– not my first, but the best of what is available.

151. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Chilly got Chilly fired. Wilfs wanted Favre and Moss- and they saw Chilly was ruining the run for the Superbowl that they had gambled to get this season.

152. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

If we see things Monday night that tell us eventually Joe Webb will be a great QB, we don’t need to draft another QB. Get someone for the short term of 1-2 seasons with an option for a 3rd. Send the message we’re coming back in 2011 to take back the NFC. Rarely, can I remember a rookie quarterback making a positive and immediate impact. Marino and Ryan in Atlanta may be the best I’ve seen in my lifetime. Elway wasn’t ELWAY for 3 to 4 years. In the meantime, A.P. peaks, and is in decline. It’s like a teeter-totter when your the fat kid and you just want to feel the breeze and sensation of being up in the air, but instead, you are the anchor of no fun.

153. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

@titus … ultimately yea your right but … the fans kept wilf focused on it

154. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

ROTFLMAO Arrow

155. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Titus, you are nice tosay it was a splice. I would love to Donovan (who is more mobile than Brett) in the Purple and Gold. We do need a lot help with the o-line and secondary…. I hate to say this, but I really miss Sharper.

156. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Titus: You cant say bom-b on a plane either!

157. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

O yea Sharper another smart football player chilly played out of position … and didnt resign ….

158. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

at this point sharp is too old for his position, probally still better than Madieu

159. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

My final word on Donovan McNabb is how many of us would say, ‘I respect the decision of Coach Shanahan, even though I don’t agree with it.” CLASS. Because he always thinks before he speaks, CLASS. When you don’t, you’re less class, and more A_S_S! Donovan is the scapegoat for Shanahan’s son’s horrendous play calling. I mean, who dumps their QB so they can see more of Rex “Hey, where’s the party?” Grossman?

160. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: It doesn’t make his play on the field this season any better, but be sure to read why Madieu was the Vikings man of the year! Regardless of whether we view him as a hero or goat on the field. He is definitely a hero to countless people off the field, and for that I think we all would agree to give him a standing ovation!

161. By Jason Vesely on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I don’t see the cold being an issue. Because the Vikings have a cold weather game in Philadelphia after this, so they’ll adjust.,

The only team I could see L.A. getting to move there would be the Chargers. And outside of Southern California, I could see the Rams being lured for a move back there from St. Louis because the new owners-to-be are from L.A.

162. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

That’s what i am saying Shawn…these older secondary players make our rookies….look like what they are….ROOKIES. Cook…really?

163. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Grossman over McNabb equivalant to Lewis over Moss

I may be more A** myself … but o well like me or not i guess

164. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow, you are on a roll, first the zoo-safari and now the teeter totter. What’s next?

165. By PurpleParody on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

See, that’s what scares me the most about Donovan. Sure, he’s been a great QB for years, but how does a guy like Rex Grossman beat him out as the starter? I’m not paying a whole lot of attention to Washington, so I don’t know enough to form my own opinion. But it just forces me to assume that McNabb has completely lost it.

166. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I am almost certain McNabb will be here next season– I almost guarantee it.

167. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Well Sue we may agree on somethings but I think Cook as potential … I saw him make a couple plays b4 all the injuries, and I know he is supposed to have safety help in a cover 2, and I remeber Ced Griffen getting beat when he was a rookie … but its ok to not agree on everything

168. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shannahan is real old school, not like that joker that posts on here. He does not put up with anything less than excellence. Apparently, coach questioned McNabb’s conditioning. The rest I am not sure of, but McNabb is a disciplinarian, and if you don’t perform, he does not care if you are a hall of famer– he makes you sit.

169. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

err has

170. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I think Shannahan or however its spelled has lost his mind …

171. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I was wondering too on the spelling but I think we have it right. He is under immense pressure– Redskins have been doing poorly for years and they are use to winning– the owner– Synder, I think, he changes coaches like a fashion model changes shoes.

172. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Titus: Should we put together a “Welcome Wagon” bundle, some Mall of America mugs, a Ski doo snowmobile suit. Some vintage Grain Belt already stocked in his cooler. A coupon to get 10% off a set of snow tires for his ride. A Viking snuggie to curl up in at home. A CD collection of The Prairie Home Companion. Something to make the man “Feel Minnesotan!” Oh, and he already knows his friend Sid Hartman will be over to help unpack the boxes.

173. By PurpleParody on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I’m also wondering why the Eagles traded McNabb away to a division rival. Plus they picked up Vick when they already had a high potential young QB in Kolb. It really makes me think that they all know that McNabb has lost his finesse.

174. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I agree he has potential…I am just concerned about the injuries and he did get beat on many plays…..yeah he may have thought he had help with the safety’s…..but come on our secindary is too slow for the receivers in the game today.

175. By mr smiff on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

I like the McNabb idea, but I want to see how things end in Washington first. Shanny may get the boot before McNabb does. Rex Grossman and John Beck will never be starters, and Snyder can always buy an o-line and receivers for McNabb in the offseason.

176. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Arrow– let’s put Moss in a box, re-sign Rice, and dangle AP — McNabb will come runnin’
    Purple– very good points, not to be ignored. Why indeed? Maybe Andy Reid just realized a change might be good because it was not getting done, maybe Reid and McNabb had a personal conflict– we may never know– But I do know McNabb has been in 5 NFC championships and 1 Superbowl since 2001. So, with the right team, the right focus, I think he is the best choice available.

177. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Sue I agree our secondary is awfull but in my opinion Cook is an injured rook so ill leave him out of it … and Ced Griffen is solid when health , but the 2 safety’s and Asher Allen need to be replaced … I have been bashing the safeties all year

178. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

my spelling has been awfull

179. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

mr smiff, Can we please but an O-line in the off season?

180. By Titus on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Mr Smiff! Must be time to come in off the beach? Getting a little chilly in these nighttime hours for the Caribbean blood. Mr Smiff, you should see the piles of snow built along the streets after the plows pushed through– you can hardly see– sometimes you can’t– when pulling onto streets– we need some mid 30s to melt some of this.

181. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Shanahan’s genius began and ended with Terrell Davis and John Elway! He had a running scheme that pumped out 1,000 yard backs at a pace you could set your watch by. But he didn’t have his own son as the coordinator at that time. I don’t know if Kyle Shanahan was even up to being “Juice box guy” at that point. Shanahan is deflecting blame towards Donovan. Pressure in D.C. has fans asking what is with our play calling based on down and distance? What happened to our O-line? Should we put the last names on our running backs jerseys while they are still in witness protection? Why does Daniel Snyder keep spending tons of dough on players who don’t fit our schemes? Does our coach commute from a distant star that is closer to the sun? When McNabb had healthy backs this season, they beat the Packers, Bears, Eagles, and Cowboys. Okay, mentioning the Romo-sexuals takes away from my argument, but you get the idea.

182. By Shawn on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

hahaha juice box … that was funny, hey juice box

183. By Arrow86 on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

Sue G: I hope that was a type-o cause I do NOT wish to “but an O-line this off season!” LOL I’m sorry, I get really obnoxious as it gets later.

184. By mr smiff on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I’ve been watching.

185. By Ahrimanos on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I absolutely love the fact that the Vikings are outdoors. I was born and raised in Wisconsin from a split household, my dad and his family are die-hard Packers fans and my mom and her family are die-hard Vikings fans. Siding with my mom, I grew up a Vikings fan and all I ever heard from my dad’s family was how great the Packers were and how great Lambeau field is. When I was 11, in 1987, I went to my first NFL game with my Uncle (my dad’s brother). It was a Packers game at Lambeau field and I loved it. The next year I went to my first Vikings game at the Dome and I hated it. The atmosphere was no where near that of Lambeau field. I fell in love with outdoor football and have hated the Dome ever since. Growing up, I kept hearing from my mom about the great Vikings teams from the 60′s and 70′s and seen highlights from the Met and I wanted that to be my Vikings but I was stuck with the soft arena league Vikings who couldn’t win in Green Bay and Chicago. Give me an outdoor stadium, that’s all I’m asking for.

186. By mr smiff on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Kyle Shanahan: Nepotism at its worst.

187. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Arrow86…HaHa…. Totally a type-o,,, Sometimes my hands move faster then my mind….kind of like the vikes.

188. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

But an O line, with a name like Arrow, that could be a possibility.

189. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Sorry, I know that was pretty bad.

190. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Sue for clarifying. You have great insights. I can take it as well as I give it, so if you catch one of my boo-boo’s be sure to hammer me on it! HA!

191. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

BRO (TITUS) Don’t dog me, MAN!

192. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

mr smiff,, That will be the “Skins” downfall.

193. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I love the humor that comes out at this time of night.

194. By mr smiff on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I wish I had the power, Sue.

195. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Okay, where is Fred? And Nova?

196. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

This humor coming out tells me I should be in bed.

197. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Folks, I’m getting worried… I haven’t heard from Frederick, Nova, Ricefield, and Stephanie in a while…. Do you think…. They got a life???

198. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Good point Arrow– I am outta here, see you in a day or three.

199. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

so titus … is it a secret?

200. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Later Bro: Goodnight to all. Let’s stay positive. If any of you are going to the game Monday, I will pray for your warmth, and for a crescendo of success to our current Vikings against the Bears.

201. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Arrow86, I make enough mistakes myself….but I will try to censor you as well.
    Can I mention to you guys how hard it is to be a Vikings fan right now? I can hadle the losing the super bowls and the losing seasons, Where are Fred and Nova??????They probably have a life!!!!

202. By Ricefield on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I just caught up on the thread. Some interesting stuff about McNabb but there is one thing I take issue with and that’s Randy Moss.

There is a reason the Patriots traded him. He’s getting older and is losing a step. He showed some of his age this season and it will only be worse next year.

So, I would prefer he go somewhere else. Add to that, that he might have bad feelings about being traded out of Minnesota twice and I doubt he would want to come back.

Only my opinion of course.

203. By mr smiff on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I don’t think Moss has really lost a step. More like his hunger to play.

204. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: Your post was a wake up call to Viking NATION! Well, at least to me. Moss can still run past defenders, he just doesn’t have that extra burst of a player who cares. If he put the long term effort of a Tory Holt into his game, people would forget about a certain #80 in San Fran. Instead, Rice-a-roni rocked on Randy Moss, and Rice still should have won Dancing with the stars to boot!

205. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Sue G: What do you think? Are we missing something?? Could Moss regain his football Mojo in a Viking uniform in 2011. Or will he open a branch of Gus’s catering in West Virginia?

206. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Did I misinterpret a message Nova posted last Sunday. Did he go to Detroit to see the game?

207. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Well time for me to make my defense … if I were to put myself in Moss shoes for a second … he loved playing for the Pats, and he isnt someone that hides his feeling he wears them on his sleeve … so he mentioned he wanted a contract after the first game … and Billichick has his own ego and knows Moss might have 3 years left so he does what he always does he traded him ..

208. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

For those going to this week’s game, are U of M students done with their finals yet, or will their be congestion around the campus?

209. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

So he comes to Minnesota and played well the first 2 games … before his frusterations started with the food and chilly … again he wears his emotions on his sleeve …. nobody will ever wonder how moss feels about them he is not a talk behind your back guy … ALMOST 90% OF PEOPLE HATE HONEST PEOPLE … THEY ALL SAY THE LIKE HONESTY UNTIL YOU BREAK THEM DOWN HONESTLY

210. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

so he tells zygi chilly should be fired and ends up in tennesse, and i think fisher keeps him on the bench waiting for him to pull a vince young so he can get rid of him …

211. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: I absolutely adore my wife. I can’t imagine ever being disloyal to her. Even so, I could never come near the loyalty you show towards Randy Moss, and I get benefits from my wife, most of us Viking fans will never get from Randy Moss. I admire the loyalty. Seriously, I do.

212. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

and everyone thought T.O. was done after his bad year last year … and hes having a great year TO is 35 moss is 33 …. IMO MOSS STILL HAS GAME, HES JUST HAVING A BAD YEAR FOR SEVERAL REASONS … LEARNING NEW PLAYBOOKS DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMS 3RD STRING QBS AND ON AND ON

213. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

thanx arrow

214. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Arrow for me its just, I think i have some Moss like characteristics … and obviously not athletically lol .. i think hes misunderstood, because i know i have been

215. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I onetime was drunk at a bar and used this line … ” You have a pretty fat face …” and the second i said it i felt it and didnt skip a beat she said did you say i have a fat face and i said yea but its pretty …

216. By mr smiff on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I wouldn’t mind if Moss came back. Frazier could be a positive influence on him. But then again, do we need the drama that comes with him?

217. By mr smiff on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

That was a good save, Shawn.

218. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: You’re a fan who has a motor! I read your posts and see more of the intensity of a John Randle, not a lackidaisical thought process and effort of a Randy Moss. You prepare your statistics, for the individual player, and how that impacted the overall team positive or negative. I don’t know Randy Moss personally, and if I did, who knows he and I might be great friends. The ex-NFL players on the NFL broadcasts are pointing out that Moss isn’t getting any double coverages. Defenses are not having to account for him specifically in their scheme for the week. Everyone I’ve heard, says what I see. Someone who runs the route, but I don’t see the fire to do those special little things. T.O. has kept his mouth shut in Cincy. He’s put up numbers on a 2-11 team. He’ll make more dough than the Pillsbury doughboy next year.

219. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

heheh oddly it didnt work though lol

220. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Thanks guys for a great chat tonight. Stay loyal to family, country, and the Minnesota Vikings! -Peace

221. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

yea arrow i know the … and dont take this wrong but i know the haters argument and its cool if we dont resign moss ill be fine like I keep saying I JUST WANT TO WIN … so i hope someone smarter than me is running the show lol

222. By DRS on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

28 years on an 20 year roof. Whats up with that? I just heard that about the domes roof.

223. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

one more thing arrow … while he was with us he was getting double teams , i dont know whats going on in titanville, i know they had a 3rd string qb for a minute

224. By DRS on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Good night from NM.

225. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

night drs and arrow and everyone else

226. By eric on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I can’t believe everyone is complaining the game is going to be outdoors on Moday Night. It’s going to be historical and packed I bet 50,000 fans. I wish I was there. I wish the Vikings would play all there games at this college stadium. It’s a perfect venue. WHy not expand the seating compacity for the Vikings to play outside next year at this location? It’s first of all brand new stadium located in a trendy part of downtown. Secondly, the college really could use the business economically during a recession in the United States. Lastly, the twins moved for a reason the Metrodome is horrible. Twins have a really nice stadium why not play outdoors.

227. By chi town vike on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I like the retractable roof idea. The vikes lost their identity in the doom. All of a sudden they couldnt win in the cold. What a great way to honor the 50 best… in the cold. I love it.

228. By chi town vike on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Everybody knows Arrow86 is Fred Jones other e-mail name. I love how they ask each other their opinion. Arrow86-Fred Jones you are a HS football coach which makes you a half-psycho. You ask how the other bloggers do not respond to you. The answer is you are a Tool. Now go back to the bar where you and your other 30 assistant coaches can drink your ass off and talk about how smart you are about football….

229. By OLD SCHOOL on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Who is this Arrow86……This Shawn……mr. smurf…………..? The reason they all have to sit on this blog and banter back and forth is the fact that they have no lives!

Isn’t that the reason they created Face/Book or Myspace….or what ever those desperate sites are called……..trying to find people that they went to High School with that didn’t like them then and now they go on there…..” Hey, Remember me?” ……..”You know………the dork that sat in the corner of the lunch room!” ………….” I had the biggest crush on you!”

They sit on those sites too and lie about their accomplishments and act as if they know what they are talking about……..in this Blogs case……”Football” ! Hey guys……..come out of the basement…..help your moms wrap some gifts…..you can even use that time to continue dropping those hints of that new video game system you have been wanting…along with that new game that goes with it…………….because the one you have has a burnt out fan and you think it’s “Over-Heating”……..wink-wink! The real reason is you just have to have that new system bundle that has the new color on it……….ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS WILL BE JEALOUS…………..THE TALK OF THE MALL YOU WILL BE !

As far as this team goes, here is some real football for ya………this team is looking at the bottom of this NFC North for the next 5 years as we rebuild…..and it will be even longer if its not done right……and we don’t catch lighting in a bottle with a QB pick!

230. By Ronnie on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Football is meant to be played outdoors on grass not turf. Look at the Bears and the Packers. They have no problem dealing with the cold or bad weather at all. How many games would there be in bad weather anyway? One? Two at the most. I was in Minnesota the past two seasons for Vikings games in November. The Cards/Vikes game it was 52 degrees outside. Last year for the Seahawks/Vikes game it was 48 degrees. There is no reason not to have an outdoor stadium for the Vikings or at least a retractable roof which I personally don’t want. I don’t believe there would be many people giving up their season tickets. May be a few but someone else would take them I’m sure. I was at the Vikings/Browns game in 1989 in Cleveland. It was cold and the game went into overtime and we lost with about 2 minutes left in overtime but I stayed for the whole thing. I’m sorry but the to me the Vikings are just meant to be outside.

231. By Iowa52VikeFan on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Hey Sara Maher, I’ll take your season tickets if you don’t like the cold lol. As many people that would give up their Season tickets; I believe that many would begin to buy them because of having an outdoor stadium.

I travel from Iowa to see the Vikes play at the metrodome, we deal with the weather each year… but we expect it… it’s the frozen tundra! I’d be even more apt to BUY season tickets if they built a open air stadium. Bring back the ol’ school! When fans were fans, and fair weathers fans stay home and cheer on the vikes! SKOL!

232. By Frederick Jones on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Young School,

Come out of the closet, how old are you really?

233. By Frederick Jones on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Chi-Town: The only blog name I have used to this date is Frederick Jones.

That does not mean I’ll never change names.

234. By Frederick Jones on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

As far as being a tool…no I am a human being, flesh and blood.

235. By Frederick Jones on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I’ve found that people that call names, often resemble the names they use!

236. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Frederick Jones, you are Arrow? I did notice last night, at one point Arrow responded to me and I thought– that is Fred’s voice!

237. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

But the rest does not add up— Arrow talked about a wife, Fred Jones talked about doing a Charles Bronson on a girl he likes.

238. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

OLD SCHOOL– that was the best piece you ever wrote– I was laughing out loud. How do you know so much about video games?

239. By Old School on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

3 Kids……………….Titus…….3 Kids!

It was funny….wasn’t it…………but kinda sad but true all in the same breath!

240. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Old School: You called me out. You got me. Besides, my Pong atari game is overheating right now. My apologies to Frederick Jones. Last night I jotted a note to Viking fans and used Fredericks comment about changing his name to ObtainMcNabbor something. I’m on here a lot lately. My trampoline is covered in snow. My facepiercings have snot icicles when I go outside. I will honestly say though, I enjoy hearing a different viewpoint on what the Vikes are doing well, and where they need to make changes. I’ve learned a lot from fellow fans. I like to tap Frederick’s expertise on football schemes to understand more about what I’m seeing out on the field. I also, like to poke a little fun at myself.

241. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I need to go get my hair dyed black. I’m going with the goth look for the hoidays. I’ll be back tonight!

242. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

One last thought… Stu Voigt is a great player, for the reasons I mentioned above. I wonder if he were a rookie today at an NFL combine if he’d get a serious chance to make a team? GM’s would knock his 40 times, or say they wished he was a couple inches taller. I do believe he would be as great today playing football in the NFL as he was in the 70′s, because of his knowledge and excellent technique.

243. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

My thought is the old schools of the 70s would beat any team today. Interesting thought– hard to compare different eras in any sport.

244. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

By the way Arrow, please keep the imagery less graphic– reading about your icicles is not conducive to having lunch.

245. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Titus: We’re brothers. I don’t personally know Frederick Jones. His thoughts are similar to my own, but his experiences are greater than my own. Just as I look forward to our holiday gathering, the weather report from Mr. Smiff, learning more from Ricefield about growing up in St. Louis, but moving to Minnesota and becoming a Viking fan. Sue and Stephanie’s knowledge of football is great, Shawn’s undying loyalty to Randy Moss does remind us of how much tremendous talent Moss possesses when he chooses to use it, and who can forget Nova and Sonja. This is more fun, than anything I get on my 156 t.v. channels. Above all, I am NOT, repeat NOT, Frederick Jones. I don’t want any of the people mentioned above to quit participating because my thoughts are being attributed unfairly to them. I stand on my own two feet.

246. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Titus: Point well taken on the imagery. Have a good afternoon. I’ll be back tonight.

247. By Ricefield on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I’m jealous! I skate under Old School’s notice everytime. No one ever calls me out. I guess I don’t add much to the conversation.

Which reminds, back when I lived in St. Louis….Nah can’t do it, lol.

It’s cool though Arrow. When something strikes me or really reminds of St. Louis I’ll let you know.

I still don’t know anything about the players listed in the article but I’m glad you guys do.

248. By Shawn on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Old School, has many demons from destroying peoples lives, he fools people telling them hes helping put ” criminals ” away …. but he knows he attacks easy prey just like the rest of our law enforcement he gets paid to put people in jail whether they are innocent or not …. and an innocent man in prison is far worse than a guilty man free … all the negativity is a result of him knowing he is supposed to be ” the good guy ” and bottling up the fact he knows he does more harm than good … I would venture to say he is a mindless robot who had his identity striped in boot camp and now just does what hes told

249. By Frederick Jones on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

It’s doubtful that “Young fool” is a policeman. What possible good reason could he have for bragging about it.

He is probably a “poser,” someone that comes on here to see how much trouble he can stir up!

250. By DRS on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Old school is a fool, bottom line.

251. By Frederick Jones on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, I have read many of your blogs.

Fortunately you are not the type that calls people names.

Do that, and you will get a response!!!

252. By DRS on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

(FREE Football Shuttles will connect parking locations on the West Bank and St. Paul campus to TCF Bank Stadium.)

(Football shuttles will run every 5 minutes starting at 5 p.m. During the game, shuttles will run every 15 minutes. After the game, shuttles will run continuously for an hour.)

Get to the parking areas early.

253. By DRS on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Free coffee while you wait.

254. By DRS on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

At the stadium that is.

255. By Titus on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Old School is alright. He is a product of his environment, just like all of us.

256. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: Where do I begin, you pI$$ me off in so many ways! NAH! I’m just kidding. You’re great because you have the perspective of cheering on the Rams when they won a Super Bowl. We haven’t experienced that yet. Don’t feel slighted for not being called out. Poor Frederick has people thinking he and I are one in the same. When I ask him questions, he must first say ($#@^!, this guy is a no mind!) But then he composes himself, and responds to educate me on this game.

257. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

I asked this earlier with no response. Are students at the University done with their finals now? I would think that would help in easing some of the traffic congestion and parking. I have never been to TCF stadium, and again, I work Monday night, but I look forward to seeing the highlights and the 50 Greatest!

258. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Quarterbacks that could be available that would fit well with the Vikes:
    1. McNabb- Knows our offense, good mentor for Webb.
    2. Kolb- Runs a similar system in Philly.
    3. Alex Smith- Awfully young, and he’s had a lot of turmoil in his short career.
    4. Matt Hasselbeck- He manages the game well, has experience.
    5. Vince Young- Great mobility, great arm, questionable poise and emotional stability. (I know there are people who will freak, VINCE YOUNG #5, behind Matt Hasselbeck, you can’t be serious!) Yes, I am.
    6. Kyle Orton- He’s not the glamorous pick, but he manages the game well.
    7. Carson Palmer- All his recievers can’t be running the wrong routes.

259. By Ricefield on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Arrow,

It’s cool. I haven’t been left out. Last week I was named in a list of folks that insult other members of this board.

I refuted the claim and got an apology but I was called out so I’m in the club. LOL

260. By DRS on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Arrow86, No finals are on monday I have heard.

261. By Arrow86 on Dec 18, 2010 | Reply

Thanks DRS: This way the campus area will hopefully have minimized any parking and transportation issues.

262. By Jollygreene on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

@ Sara Maher: Cool! Season Tickets in my future! Build an outdoor stadium named after Max called Winter Park:Home of the Vikings! Sara, I suggest that you switch to Roller Derby and let the hardcore fans have their winter wonderland.

263. By Scott on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

NO ROOF. Come on, build your new stadium without one. Think about it. It would be the smartest move the Vikes have made in their history. A return to the glory days, the elements, the way football should be played. And yes, there are a few crybabies in the crowd, but the large majority of the fans would LOVE it.

264. By pete on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

A new statium needs to be outdoors…… the way football was meant to played…. Packers, Bears, Giants ,Steelers .. Vikings ( except the past 29 years) “Use the weather to your advantage!!

Just like the Twins, generations have known nothing bot in door sports…. the Twins and Gophers figured it out!!!Mr Wolf..Make your mark… bring back the tradition of outdoor Viking football!!!!!!!

265. By chi town vike on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

To F-Jones-arrow86:
    OK, you are not the same person but you are on the same high school football coaching staff. Tell the other 29 assistants to stop kissing your butt like Arrow86 does. Does your day start like this. (Fred Jones): “Hey Arrow86 I got a great idea that no football coach in all the land has thought of. One that will make me the best H.S.football coach EVER!! (Arrow86): “You said it CHAIRMAN!!” Lets meet at the same bar we’ve been meeting at for the past 20 years and get stewed. After ten Grain Belts your brilliance radiates”

My guess is Old School is the only one who may LOL…

2. Dec 17, 2010: Vikings Greats Blair, Voigt Anxious For Outdoor Vikings Game On Monday | Vikings Stop Blog