Vikings Leaders Standup After 21-3 Loss To NY Giants

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 14, 2010 – 9:01 am

After the weekend we just experienced and then the game the Vikings played on Monday night, it’s impossible and somewhat disingenuous to put a positive spin on any aspect of the Vikings performance against the Giants at Ford Field. But from the moment the game ended to now, there is one thing that stays atop my mind and it should be evidence enough for Vikings fans to have faith in this team, in the short-term but especially in the long-term.

I won’t go into details because I believe what happens behind closed doors in a locker room is meant to stay behind closed doors, but what I saw in the Vikings locker room after the loss was not a team that is about to quit or a group of players that don’t believe in one another. I’m confident that the core of this Vikings team will stand up to not allow a lapse in effort going forward, even though playoffs are no longer even a remote possibility.

On top of that, I read a few quotes from core Vikings players on Access Vikings this morning and that fortified my opinion even more of the status of this Vikings team. Check out what Ben Leber, Chad Greenway and Visanthe Shiancoe had to say following the 21-3 loss to New York. Again, these were transcribed and posted by Chip Scoggins of the Star Tribune’s Access Vikings and I think they’re a good indication of how the leadership of this team will guide the franchise going forward.

Ben Leber: “That performance out there is unacceptable to every guy in the locker room. I think that’s why everybody is shocked right now, especially on defense to give up that many rushing yards. That’s unacceptable. But we’re going to come back and make it right. I don’t care if we’re out of the playoffs. We’re going to make it right.”

Chad Greenway: “I want to apologize to our fans. We have good fans back home. We have fans who made it all the way here. We have fans everywhere. They expect us to go out and play hard. I think we played hard. We just didn’t play good enough to win that’s for sure.”

Tight end Visanthe Shiancoe had tears in his eyes, Scoggins said, as he spoke with reporters:

“That’s embarrassing. We had a lot of energy coming into this game. People were energized. I can’t put my finger on nothing for why this turned out this way. Our offense has to put up more points than three points. You’ve got to put up more than three points on the Giants. They’re going to score. You’ve got to score too.”

“This is the second time this year: The Packers [loss] and this,” he added. “Something is going on. Something has to be fixed man. This is atrocious. This is embarrassing. We look like the Bad News Bears out there. That’s some embarrassing stuff to put on film in front of the whole damn nation. That’s embarrassing. I can’t put my finger on nothing. I don’t understand it.”

Asked if the tears in his eyes were because he was angry or disappointed, Shiancoe said, “That’s a combination of everything. Combination of everything. I’m very disappointed. I didn’t expect the season to end like that. But it did. But you’ve got to keep on trucking. This is all about what’s in here now [pounding his heart]. What’s all about in your chest man. We’ll see who lays down.”

Tags: , ,

183 Responses to “Vikings Leaders Standup After 21-3 Loss To NY Giants”

1. By Lisa C on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Well done, Mike!!! Personally, I don’t think there are any quitters on the Vikes, and I expect they will continue to play as well as they can for the balance of the year… for themselves and Coach Frazier.Pride, honor and the competitive spirit will get the team through these rough few games.
    Go Vikes!!!!

2. By neil mclaughlin on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I never thought I would watch our number one running game and defense become a liability especially since they are essentially the same players as last year. It may be that the team is essentially leaderless now with rented Favre and underachieving bench players. I think the Vikes need a new stadium and new leadership to bring out the best in this team. Is Fran too old or just too busy??

3. By GMan on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

What a disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. By Bryan on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I saw the Shiancoe interview on FOX’s post game show and you could tell he was really upset. I don’t blame him it was terrible. I love you Favre for the last two years you gave the Vikes but it’s time to see what we got in Joe Webb, we already know what we have in Jackson. Oh, and by the way did every member on the roster get peneliezd last nite? It sure seemed like it. Heck, I got called for a personnal foul for spilling my beer in my living room last nite. Refs were terrible….again.

5. By Jbo on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings were nothing short of embarrasing on Monday night, it was a freak show. They played with no purpose and no heart. The lack of discipline is evident by all the stupid and untimely penalties. Maybe it’s a lack of conditioning? Regardless, just keep in mind one thing, these players are getting paid BIG bucks to perform, and have nobody to blame but themselves.

6. By SmileyStar on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

They should have put Favre in for just the opening play of the game. I think the putting Favre on the inactive list killed the team. Watching the game, seeing Favre on the sideline and the streak coming to an end, even the commentators acted like someone died. Favre’s a leader, Players look up to him and I think seeing Favre on the sideline brought a bad vibe into the team. Should have started him.

7. By tshot on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Nice “fluff” article failure. Quite obvious Brad Childress wasn’t the problem. 2 100yd rushers on defense thats 2! Again, 2 100yd rushers. With Hutchinson out, Herrera on IR, McKinnie playing like garbage and Percy cashing it in its no surprise the offense is having major issues.Obviously Randy Moss wasn’t the answer (see Titans) Whats up with the defense “coach” Frasier? Defensive guru? Motivator? Player’s coach? Head Coach?.. I hope the Wilfs have a better plan than Frazier.

8. By Jim on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Starting him just to keep the streak going wouldve made a mockery of his streak, He was never out there just to be in the lineup. Vikes just needed to man up and play football and didnt. They need to improve this team next year, o-line is terrible, secondary is bad, and they need a qb. Webb and T- Jack will not take this team far.

9. By Rich on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

All I can say folks is that man number 4 deserves a standing ovation from
    the Minnesota Vikings fans. He gave us a ton of thrills.

10. By mj_rr88 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

From the time Brett Favre joined the Vikings, I now am a Vikings’ fan. To all the Vikings…you’re such a great team. Just remember…..FORGETTING THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE BEHIND AND REACHING FORTH FOR THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE BEFORE. You have MILLIONS of fans all over the world and that won’t change. From Offense to Defense plus YOUR NEW COACH, you have a GREAT TEAM. Forget about disappointments just keep on moving for the next game. We are here to support you ALL THE WAY. Just hope that Brett Favre will still be there for the coming season. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!

11. By for4nomore on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Good ridance to the old goat. Now that the whole organization is in shambles #4 can walk away and claim all the glory and take none of the blame.

12. By Robins on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

What the heck happened? Finally the players can’t blame Childress or Brett for their bad playing. Finally they can blame themselves. I know you guys can play great. I have seen it. Percy is out but you have Sidney back. Jackson needs to go. Try Joe Webb and trade for a quarterback. Brett, stick around and coach the new guy please. Brett, you are incredible. I wish our offense had protected you this year. Instead they ended your carreer. We will all miss you. Thanks for playing for so many years! You are the best and I can’t imagine football without you. I love football because of you. 20 great years I have watched you and admired you! You are awesome. Please take care of yourself! Give your body a rest.

13. By Stephanie on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

well said Jim, Brett starting just to start and leaving the game is not what Brett wanted b/c he’s always played with the intention of helping his team win, his record starts just came with the territory. it would have gone against what Brett stood for, so I’m glad he didn’t start and then leave the game.

14. By 4thememories on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh Brett, you are so incredible. At least 4 seasons in a row ended with an interception, a 2-2 record in NFC Champ games, more INTs than anyone will ever throw and 1, count ‘em, 1 SB ring. WOW. No one has ever been a bigger disappointment than #4. Did you ever wonder why none of your old teams wanted you back? I didn’t think so.

15. By Robins on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

for4nomore, you are an idiot. Brett gave them a magnificent year last year! It was a blast to watch. They all had so much fun! Sidney should have had his surgery sooner so he could play football. You can see the whole team is not playing as well this year. The defense isn’t stopping anyone. The offense didn’t protect Brett so he got clobbered constantly and threw quickly and got intercepted. Players couldn’t catch. So don’t blame Brett. He played his heart out for his team. I have never seen anyone with so many injuries keep trying so hard for his team. Brett was magnificent. We all know Jackson is not the answer.

16. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Just watched the presser’s and it is very apparent that t-joke is not a “first” string QB. His play out there last night was exactly what we had from him before Brett’s arrival. He has done nothing to improve and I feel that if Webb is able to go this upcoming week, it’s a no-brainer. How can a professional athlete be with and train with someone like Brett and learn nothing? I did notice last year that Sage was affixed to Brett every time Brett came off the field. Sage would be going over the stills and talking with Brett. Was t-jack figuring he was too good to take advise from Brett? Well, last nights performance showed he is a second string and that’s as good as it is going to get! Leslie, I am proud that you stood in the presser and took it on the chin. Now please learn from this game and if Brett has to sit..play Webb. SKOL!!

17. By Paul on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I still would like to see them end this year on a good note. They dont have to win these last three but sure hope they hang in there and play better the that. Last nights game was ugly. On a good note all of the teams we lost to this year except one (Miami) are going to the playoffs. SKOL

18. By for4nomore on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Robins YOU ARE DILUSIONAL!!!!! LOOK AT BRADY AND TRY TO TELL ME HOW GREAT FAVRE WAS. HE NEVER MISSED AN OPPORTUNITY TO MISS AN OPPORTUNITY. The reason the Vikes weren’t in the SB last year was #4.

19. By SmileyStar on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

@Jim – How can you say that Webb will not take this team far? He played very well for a guy who has taken zero snaps this year in practice or a game. He has an arm, legs, and accuracy. He just needs experience.

20. By Wuff853 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Last nights game was a dissapointment yes but it also HOPEFULLY helped everyone (i.e. vikings staff and front office and fans) what we really have in our team. Of course it’s always good to somehow pull of a win while realizing these things but sometimes it just doesnt happen that way. Everything seems to be in place on the roster when the vikes are healthy but last night prooves that when Tavaris is the man the team goes with. When Tavaris is called to lead, he doesnt have what it takes. Sure he had some good plays last week but he still threw 3 int’s. He makes poor decisions when all he needs to do is successfully manage the game. So, if all the pieces are in place when healthy, and the QB position is obviously the key to our success (a magical Favre last year) than what do we need to do. The answer is simple, go out and get the FRANCHISE quarterback for the future. Not the quarterback for just right now. This means trading up in the draft next year to get our future franchise quarterback that we desperetly need. My vote…trade up as many draft picks as needed to coax Carolina out of there number one pick and draft Andrew Luck.

21. By Troy on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Well I hope all those people who wanted to see T-Joke are finally convinced he is not a 1st string QB! He looks like the same person from three years ago, can’t read defenses, terrible long ball and can’t run an offense.

At least we know what the Vikes need to do for the draft and free agency. Even though the season is lost I give our guys credit to keep fighting. GO VIKES!!!

22. By Robins on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

wipurplehead…I noticed that too last year that Sage was always with Brett talking to him and going over plays. Tarvaris Jackson was never in the picture. We can see now that he never learned anything form Brett. Too bad. I would like to see Joe Webb the rest of the season. Of course the whole team needs to step up too. I really thought with Childress out and Frazier in that our guys would play hard every game.

23. By LAVikes on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Is there any doubt that this team will not be staying in Minnesota. California here they come.

24. By for4nomore on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Robins, that’s what you get for THINKING. Leave that to someone with a brain. Bring back Chilli.

25. By Robins on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

for4nomore……so you thought our guys wouldn’t play hard for Frazier?

26. By minnie4 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

4thememories is right. Favre cost too much, was a flop and now our team is going to leave.

27. By for4nomore on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Robins, I knew the last two games were flukes. Look at the Jets with Favre, that team fell apart, what did you think would happen here?

28. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

@for4…you are really not supposed to be drinking this early in the morning..wow!

Put the bottle down and walk away….

29. By Daniel W on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

W/ Purplehead and Robins. Get rid of T-Joke and stick with Sage. Look at the positive-we helped to diminish the (over-rated) Packers shot at the playoffs. Who wants to see a team that has no shot of getting past game one in the playoffs under #12? The Vikes have a good team and need a good leader to take them out of this rut. They can do so under Sage. T-Joke, please follow Farve on the way out

30. By packerfanfirst on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey Vikes fans, want to thank you for all the good times and laughs. I bet that 50th thing next week is going to be awesome. How’s that roof thing comin’ along. At least the Pack will get a warm weather game when they take your team away and move it to LA. One last thing, let this be a lesson, don’t try to live off your neighbors garbage.

31. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Only problem Daniel….chilly got rid of him(Sage)! If you caught it last night, he was the holder for the Giants and Eli’s backup! Like I posted last night, another haunting of the “bald” guy. We get to see t-joke(chilly’s step-kid) lead us nowhere and Sage is on the other sideline laughing…poetic justice?

32. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

If I was a pack fan right now…I would not be trolling other boards! Your problems are as large as ours! If your glorious o-line lets rodgers get hit one more time…you’ll be shopping for a QB just like us…LOL! Your boy flynn looked just like t-joke last night. And you lost to the Lions!!

33. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I’m pretty sure if brett can play next week, he is going to. He made a commitment to the guys on this team. They would either win it all together or fail together. I’m pretty sure it was tough for him to watch as they rest of the vikings embarrassed themselves last night. I have no idea what the problem was last night. It seemed like the whole team did not want to play at all. It felt like they were still asleep or something. I was about to fall asleep watching them. The offensive line couldn’t protect tjax, or open any holes for ap. tjax couldn’t make any throws down field. Defense couldn’t stop the run. But surprisingly for once, the secondary did do a good job defending the pass earlier on in the game. Overall it was a poor performance by the whole team. This game was probably worse than the gb game. At least they didn’t play as sloppy against gb. They played like this was a preseason game….

34. By for4nomore on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

how come when TJ throws an INT you guys want him off the team but when #4 threw one it was ALWAYS someone else’s fault. give the guy some time. he’s probably still po’d about the whole favre thing anyway.

35. By Robins on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Packerfanfirst…get a life and get out of here. You packer fans are disgusting. Can’t you talk with packer fans? Your quarterback has another concussion. Poor baby. He won’t last long. I wish we still had Sage. I hope we get a good quarterback next year. I hope we play Joe Webb now. He might be great.

36. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

LOL a packer fan talking smack. Us losing last night means the packers are not going to the playoffs!!! And like wipurplehead said, rodgers just got his brains beat out against the lions, and the packers LOST!!! We should lose to the eagles and the bears too. That way, packer fans can go down the hole this year with us!

37. By for4nomore on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

See ya in SoCal, baby.

38. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I just saw a flash back of tjack two years ago when he played against the skins in the playoffs as i watched that game…. But it wasn’t entirely his fault either. He was getting hit all night. The oline was horrible. If they couldn’t protect tjack, they need to at least b able to open holes for ap. Ap had to cutback on his runs all night. When he did get a hole, he got good yardage, which only happened maybe twice last night.

39. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Well, now, are we going to see a firefrazier poster now? The fat lady is singing so loud and won’t stop– please I am trying to get some work done, lady, just sh-t up.

40. By packerfanfirst on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Maybe you guys should try decaf. And stay out of the garbage!!!!!!

41. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

hey packerfanfirst. At least we didn’t lose to the lowly lions.

42. By mike, the lost vike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

play joe webb, tarvais has shown that he doesn’t have the head to play qb

43. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

@for4…because with Brett you get an occasional int, but you also get TD’s! Do you even watch the games? Fans of our club have watched this t-jack before and know what we have there. At the poster that referred to our season ending on Brett…he is not the idiot that sent 12 men into the huddle AFTER a time-out! We did as well as we did last year because of Brett. I felt sorry for the players having to put up with the head coach trying to submarine their chances!

44. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

You should get out of here with your garbage packerfanfirst. You can come back and post stuff when your team figures out how to beat the lowly lions.

45. By for4nomore on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey headless, in case you hadn’t noticed, it’s the QB’s job to count the players in the huddle before he steps in. DDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

46. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I would let tjack play one more game. His poor performance this game wasn’t entirely his fault. If brett was getting hit and pressured all night like tjack did, i doubt he would’ve had a good performance either.

47. By packerfanfirst on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I hear Cally’s nice this time of year. See ya!

48. By Purple in PA. on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

The O-line is not able to do anything! This problem was known about last year, and nothing was done. They don’t block for AP, and they didn’t block for Favre. Changes need to be made! Looks like the Cowboys before they started working out in pads…Can we say Conditioning?

49. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Tjack should’ve had a td last night too. I have no idea how rice didn’t catch that jump ball. He’s made some amazing catches and that one probably was one of the easiest plays for him to make.

50. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

titus, there is no way I want to see Leslie leave! He is articulate, poised, and is just getting his start! He is the future head coach(I hope) and will do us proud! He did not call a bad game last night. Had we scored on the turnovers(and I am not taking a FG) the game would have had a whole different look. The one thing I would like to have explained, is how come all of a sudden we get penalized so much? I am not blaming the loss on the ref’s mind you, but how does the clubs play change so drastic from one week to the next??

51. By SmileyStar on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

@packerfanfirst – You lost to the lions…The…LIONS.

@for4nomore – From what I have seen the Jets still suck as a team and a club.

TJack Gets hammered on because he has not played well for the Vikings when he was a starter. He has 5+ years of experience in the NFL and has made zero improvement from his rookie days. He still chokes under pressure.

52. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I thought they did a solid job last year. It was balanced last year. Why do you think brett was able to throw for over 4000 yds and 30 tds last year? You can’t expect them to be able to play perfect. I do have to say that when matt birk left, this oline definitely degraded. Matt birk only makes 3-4 million/year with the ravens. The vikings seriously couldn’t afford to pay him that much but can give brett favre a 4 million dollar raise from his 12million/yr??

53. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

@for4…that proves my point! Your just a lonely troll looking for attention. Brett did count…but for your info, he couldn’t call another timeout…genius!

Turn your mom’s computer off and get to your homework…

54. By hank on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

sign greenway & peterson-the offensive line looks slow and lazy we need more athletic offensive lineman it’s hard to judge a qb or rb’s performance when the lineman are standing around

55. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Seriously, you guys are still talking about last year??

56. By cheeseheadsrule on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Question. What is Ziggy Wilf’s favorite Led Zeppelin song?
    Anybody?
    That’s right, “Going to California.”

57. By Pat the Viking on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Stunted, unhappy and upset –

TJ looked like we drop the ball in training, coaching and preparing him the last 3 years – it seems to me there alot of SLACKNESS on the OFFENSE COACHING STAFF – Last night, Our Offense looked worst than the ’76 Tampa Bay Offense

58. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Sign greenway and rice. Those are the top two guys this off season. I don’t think peterson’s contract is done until after next year. But they should just tag him. He’s a keeper.

59. By xvike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

If packer fans don’t know, the wilf’s are keeping the vikings here. But packer fans are so dumb. Its expected that they wouldn’t know.

60. By for4nomore on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey Mileystar, the Jets are 9-4 and won two playoff games last year, what’s your problem?

61. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

wipurplehead– I agree — Frazier seems to have a smart and level demeanor– I really like him. My post was just to highlight how quickly blame is thrown around. We need to think ahead and not try an win it all in one season, tossing all our chips at a few superstars hoping we can get team chemistry. The dynamics of winning are not solely based on talent, nor money spent. It’s about a team playing with heart in unison under the direction of coaches with mission and purpose.

62. By uallsuk on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

first and foremost to all the fans that are not vikes fans by coming on here trying to get under peoples skin just shows are obnoxious and silly you are. you can visit any of the other 31 teams blogs and i guarantee you you will not see a viking fan stirring up trouble because we have more CLASS than that even though we have some block head fans that argue over stuff thats not pertaining to football. GET A LIFE!

63. By Mike on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Doesn’t it just feel like the Dome coming down was like the curtain coming down on the season. Just a few weeks early.

I have tickets that I won’t be reimbursed for from the game this week!!! I drove into Minneapolis at the peak of the blizzard, made arrangements with work and babysitters through monday night and tuesday, just to pack my suitcase and drive home on sunday afternoon. (6 hours each way) I am a Viking Fan!!!

I hope Zigi Wilf reads this. I wasn’t the only loser this week. The team, the city, the fans, all lost because of events that were just unpredictable.

Just when you think it can’t get any worse, guess what!
    Well, there is always next year. I guess I’ll just frame these tickets with a picture of the before and after dome. I wouldn’t blame Zigi if he takes the team to LA. The Lakers left, the North Stars left and propabably the Vikings too.

64. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey xvike, they are venting…LOL! Their season just died last night along with ours! They have just as many concerns as we do for next year. No running game, o-line that can’t do anything, etc, etc. Seems that they like to console their grief with real fans…like us!!

65. By chris on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

50 years of futility and counting. Someday the Vikes will be compared to the Chicago Cubs.

66. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I really believe with all my heart the Vikings will not go anywhere. Don’t allow people to rock your boat– they are having a laugh at your expense.
    First, LA is the second largest metro in the country– there are reasons no NFL team has been there since the Rams left way back–
    Second, MN has an incredibly loyal and strong fan base– the stadium is sold out year after year– guaranteed bottom line– that bottom line is what all managerial and business decisions are based on, not emotion, not politics, not nada
    Third, after the recently built Twins stadium, plus the knowledge of the revenue an NFL franchise brings to the city and state, there is mounting and will be sustaining political pressure to build a stadium.
    Fourth, the Wilfs are smart business people and they seem to have integrity– even though they were mad at Chilly after the Moss debacle, they were very hesitant to break the coaches’ contract– not just the money was involved, these brothers seem to have a desire to do the right thing– Vikings will be in MN a long time– that is a simplified and quick argument– I don’t want to go into more detail– but I am not moved one millimeter by all these Calif, LA comments– just ridiculous.

67. By MJ on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I personally was inpressed with the fact the Vikes never gave up even up to the last play. I have been a Viking fan my whole life and I get sick and tired of fair weather fans. This your team and if you dont like it then either move or become another teams fan. I kno alot of people that live in Minnesota and do not root for the Viking and for good reason they have support to another team that they have followed for years. So If you are one of thoes people that only like the team when they win then good riddens. The Players do nto go out and purpusly loose games and they are more upset at themselves. If anyone has a competatibve bone in there body would know how it feels to loose and also to win. Ok enough VENTING. As a fan I do think we need a new stadiumn and with out it we may loose our team and we all know what that was like when we lost the STARS. So please if your are truley a FAN then stand up and suport your VIKINGS if not SHUT UP!!!!!!

68. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Oh, and for all the Packer fans on here– enjoy this week- because it is most likely after next week, when the Patriots score about 60 points on you, you, too, will be eliminated from the playoffs.

69. By Pat the Viking on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

But to be FAIR, I must say that TJ was coached enough to COVER the football after he took his eyes off the ball or it was a bad snap and it sailed passed him.

70. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

TJack has had more opportunities than most. He seems like a nice kid, and he definitely has talent, but he is not our future. I hate to admit, but after Camirillo did that fantastic run back, I just was wincing, thinking TJack was going to make a big mistake. Camirillo (probably spelling wrong, sorry Greg) played his heart out, as did many players– but a QB is called the leader of the team for a reason– a team wins or loses based on their QB.

71. By Stoney on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Mike W, have faith in the team? They have played half a$$ed and gutless all season. I could have faith if I thought anyone was giving 100%, players and coaches. It was evident from game 1 and 2 (VS. Saints/Dolphins) this team had no heart.

72. By Stoney on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

If Frasier is smart he will play Webb to see if he has any talent. Please let the TJ experiment end, it has gone on way toooooooooo long!

73. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

There is no LA in our future, and until they get all their issues straightened out no stadium either. There is no current owner that will give up controlling interest in their club to make the move. Even Jacksonville has stated, not at that price!

74. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

wonderfull they feel bad … does that equal wins? … we have so many issues on this team … need 2 safeties, 1 corner (unless ced griffin can make back 100%), DE, DT, OT, QB, 2 WR, a coach (frazier needs to win to keep his job), and a stadium …. did i miss anything?

75. By wpurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I just heard that Deanna Favre said the pictures sent to Sterger were meant to go to Deanna but you know how it is with Brett, they got intercepted.

76. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

hahahah nice one

77. By LAVikes on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

When Brett Favre was a child he wanted to be singer but he could only sing one note, “mi,mi,mi,mi.”

78. By wipurplehead on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Copying is the highest form of flattery…..but that joke is so old, I fell off my dinosaur laughing…..

79. By Bryan on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

What are all these Packer losers doin’ on our site, out of Old Milwaukee? I saw Aaron Rodgers sittin on the bench Sunday dazed with his brains leaking out his ears. Rodgers will never win a playoff game. PACKERS SUCK!!! SKOL VIKES!!!

80. By Bigfan1 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Football seems to be a game of psychology, how a team can go from beating up the Super Bowl champions even though we beat ourselves to 5 and 8 could be a head question. Too much drama this year for the team to focus and many players just didn’t play well this year. Other than self esteem nothing to be gained by winning any more games. Honestly fans, we need some line players, a QB, and some more secondary. Aside from the Moss draft pick giveaway lets get some good picks this year and start rebuilding toward another Super Bowl run, that is if we have a stadium.

81. By CaribooBill on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Would that be “mi” “min” “minn” “minni” “minnisota!!!!!!!!!!”

82. By martin on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

too many players on the team that have lost their abilities to perform at the level they performed in previous years..2 players mckinnie and loadholt who should be at the top of their game have decided that they have made enough money and do not need beyond minimum effort each game…also too many bad draft picks of players who give effort but do not have the physical skill to be impact players…

83. By CaribooBill on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I can’t even spell Minnesota properly – too upset, I guess.

84. By martin on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

it is san diego that will be moving to los angeles…

85. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Very good point Bigfan– you have to will, and want to win– it all starts in the mind
    Look at Camirillo– that player has heart

86. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

By the way– any news on where the next game will be played?

87. By Ricefield on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

No idea, Titus.

But I think there trying to get it at the University of Minnesota. I could be wrong though but I think that’s what was said last night during the game.

88. By Spence on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

honestly- ITS TO FRICKIN LATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! WHY DIDNT YALL STAND UP DURING THE GAME AND SAY THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!! I REALLY WISH I COULD JUST STOP CARING ABOUT THIS TEAM, but i cant because i love the vikings to death. its one thing to loose-but to quit wen ur only down by 18 in the 3rd is unacceptable

89. By LAVikes on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

You want me to answer that?

90. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

The whole thing was lost when we moved to Detroit– we had no advantage– in fact it sounded like there were more fans cheering for the Giants. We should have played it here no matter what– anywhere– a high school football field, or inside the convention center–or at Xcel– joking, but Zygi and the Vikings should have put their foot down and not done this— refs cheat us out of the Green Bay game and now the league takes away one of our home games against a good team–what a debacle gang— there was somewhere they could have played within a few hour drive of Mpls– somewhere– and the Giants could have had their gear shipped out more easily than sending two teams to a third location. THE NFL SHOULD BE FINED!!

91. By LAVikes on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

You guys had your chance and you blew it, yours is a small market with a humpty dump stadium. I’ll give you my #, call me if you come out for a game.

92. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

LA Vikes– what are you on? Our market sells out every game and our stadium actually hold more seats than Soldier Field in Chicago– by the way Chicago is the second largest city in the US, third largest metro— after LA– you do have a lot of population but all that matters at the end of the day is that the stadium is full. We have a very large fan base– the team is not going anywhere, get over it and go back to your arthimetic homework– why are you out of school so early? Oh, lunch time in LA. Enjoy your PB & J.

93. By LAVikes on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Titson
    The way I remmeber it is that last years ticket sales stunk until #4 came to town and only then did the tickets sell. TV revenues are higher in big cities no matter what the attendance. No new stadium. And congratulations on being able to spell PB&J, you’re making real progress.

94. By Ricefield on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Look, I’m relatively new to the area (only been here 5-6 years) but if there is one place “Minnesota Nice” does not belong, its on the frickin’ football feild.

Where is the guy trying to fire this team up during the game? Even after the game, Frazier was asked if he was fired up at halftime and lit into the team for their poor play. His response, “No.”

I like Frazier and I hope he stays but if the team isn’t proud enough to play with some heart, its the coaches responsibility to give it to them.

Sometimes you have to drop the gauntlet and hope someone picks it up. No one did that.

It’s true our o-line didn’t protect the quarterback at all but why wasn’t TJack angry? Why didn’t he call them on it? He’s supposed to be a leader and sure didn’t act like one.

Seeing that, Frazier should have stepped up and did it for him. No one stepped up to lead the team last night and it looked like no one on the team cared that they were losing even though I know better.

It all good and fine to see the leaders have stood up but they should have done it last night. Someone should have been fired up.

95. By Tim on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

we got F$$Ked out of one home game we will probally get F$$Ked out of another one against the bears we should get 2 extra home games next season

96. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

So true Ricefield. So true. These are professionals. They are fined for questionable hits– I say questionable because in the intensity and speed of the game, some of those hits are part of the play— What we need to see is what happens in real life– loss of pay for not performing.

97. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

The special teams did a nice job on Camarillo’s punt return.

Toby Gerhart looked good on his two runs/ undoubtably there were some good blocks on those plays as well.

Joe Webb had a nice run of about 15 yards.

Asher Allen and Frank Walker had interceptions.

I ONLY WATCHED 5 MINUTES OF THE 2ND QUARTER, AND THE LAST 10 MINUTES OF THE GAME.

WHAT OTHER GOOD THINGS HAPPENED IN THIS GAME, YOU
    “WONDERFUL FANS.”

98. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

—-“YOU WONDERFUL FANS?”

99. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Not so, LAVike, our stadium has been selling out for years. And don’t mimic my sarcasm, it does not look good on you; you don’t wear it well.
    Listen folks– Vikings are not moving anywhere.

100. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

—-DO WE HAVE “WONDERFUL FANS?”

OR ARE WE BECOMING DETROIT LION FANS?

YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ SOME OF THE BLOGS ABOVE BEFORE ANSWERING THAT QUESTION!!!

101. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Are we losing our 12th man???

Were there good things that happened in that game???

I probably covered more good things in my little blog above THAN ALL THE REST OF THE BLOGS COMBINED!

102. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Is the glass half empty or half full?

The way most of the bloggers write, THE GLASS IS COMPLETELY EMPTY!

103. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Fred, in case you did not notice– YES we lost our 12th man– he was left in Minneapolis– the game was in Detroit– did you know the dome collapsed?

104. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

You can’t tell me that TJACKSON didn’t do anything right!

105. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Some fans have said that the only guys on this team with the right attitude are Peterson and Greenway.

WHY? Because they are good, that means they are trying and the rest are not?

Is it possible that I’m a offensive lineman giving my all every play???

Or a d-back that gets beat, but is killing himself trying not to???

106. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, I agree with you. In fact, it just sunk in, when I read the title of this blog — Leaders stand up after loss– where were the leaders during the demolition after halftime? If they were leaders, they would have stood up before the loss–

107. By Tim on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

the vikings need to rebuild that entire O line and we need to release bernard berrian and try to find a great WR this offseason we also should draft a QB that will just fix a few of the vikings problems.

108. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Maybe y’all we’ll get just what you want—another Detroit Lions team that is ——————-2-14, 3-13 every year.

109. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

End of rant.

110. By LAVikes on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

titus
    sounds like you are trying to convince yourself and don’t worry about what I’m wearing you’re creeping me out.

111. By Ricefield on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Frederick,

I appreciate where you are coming from, really I do. But there isn’t really that much to be proud of last night.

Disregarding the opinions of other fans because they refuse to put on rose-colored gl***es is the not way to garner support for your cause. I AM a Minnesota Vikings Fan and I have a right to be angry at the way the entire team played last night.

112. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Fred, professional sports and doctors are the only professions where routinely mistakes are made and the people keep their jobs. Last night’s performance was unacceptable from the terms of an employment contract worth, say $100,000 or more for that three hour performance (my guesstimated avg salary for that one game). A player like Favre makes about a million per game this year.

113. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Titus, I give up!

114. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Nicely said Ricefield– Fred, I am one of the most optimistic person you will ever meet– I believe I can do anything– but optimism must be seasoned with expectations, standards, and results, or you have nothing but a recipe for wishful thinking.

115. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

You just don’t get it.

116. By Alex on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I think its time that we let Tavaris Jackson go. He sucks. We need to get someone else in there, give Joe Webb a shot. And for Brett i think you should sit and coach the rookie up. I think its time that we start contacting coaches to coach us next year. We need to keep Frazier at defensive coordinator. Lets face it we won 2 games under him, against 2 teams with losing records. Are players need to show up for the game every Sunday. You need to play every game. Our defense is sucking compared to last year after finishing 2 in the NFL, and leading the NFL in sacks. Our offense needs to score points we they get out on the field. And Jackson is not the answer at QB. So find someone knew and give him the boot like you did to Childress. So GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS.

117. By Frederick Jones on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Titus, read about 10 of the blogs above my first one.

What will you find? Negativity piled on top of negativity.

No one has anything good to say. I said mine. I think it might be the only positive blog.

That’s it for me, later.

118. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

LA vikes, that “wearing” part was a metaphor– go to the dictionary and look that big word up– it’s not a scary word, promise.
    I am convinced the Vikings are staying in MN– I am just trying to calm anyone you are scaring– LAVikes is misinformed, folks. It’s okay.

119. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

T joke= Ryan Leaf. that is all

120. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

and you are funny MIke W. I know for a fact I have very low expectations for this pathetic excuse of a team, who really show no effort, fight with one another, and are all about drama. Its going to be a long 10 years before the vikings are any good. Would love to tell this team too get their heads out of their A****, but no point in doing so, because they will be leaving minnesota. Very sad 50 year. :*(

121. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

T Joke must have felt horrible when he threw the interception after Greg Camirillo ran 52 yards with that pun return.

122. By Ricefield on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

One more thing I would like to add. Fans have to acknowledge the weaknesses in their teams. If the team plays poorly we cannot, I repeat CANNOT pretend, everything is fine. That its just a fluke.

The truth is last night we looked like clowns and that we didn’t belong on the same field with the Giants.

And if that was our best effort then we don’t belong on the field. So either we didn’t give our best effort or we are just a poor poor team and I refuse to believe that we are the latter.

So if you look at it that way, saying we lacked effort is looking at the team in the best light.

‘Nuff said.

123. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

This whole year is a life lesson and a reflection of what is happening in this country and worldwide– it’s called ENTITLEMENT — a disease of the mind. The team and the state felt we would be in the Superbowl because our season was so good last year– NOT– We had to fight and work hard just like last year. I think we are all extremely disappointed– you can never think that the crown will fall in your lap because you did good yesterday. Football is a game of war– a game of will– and this team showed no fight most of the year– we have the same players, we will walk into Jerry Jones’ palace, no problem. You have to work in life to succeed.

124. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

couldn’t agree with you more titus

125. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

its not just effort. This team was so argent, thinking they would be as good as last year. They didn’t really go out like other teams and make moves to make the team stronger. Then we expected favre to have the same season, when the team was way weaker, then last year. I blame everyone in the minnesota organization, for not doing everything needed, to make the team as strong as possible. Argent’s is the key word for this whole season.

126. By Troy on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I know T-Jack isn’t very good. But if we keep around Frazier then I hope he fires Bevel.. It seems that Offensive game plan was for Favre even though T-Jack was at QB. T-Jack needs to use his legs, its obvious his accuracy just isn’t there. Use him on bootlegs, QB options, draw plays. T-Jack can’t read defenses, cant ‘t identify blitizes, cannot find his checkdown, cannot consistently be accurate – So I have no clue why Bevel was trying to use T-Jack as if he were Favre. With T-Jack you have to use his strongest attribute which is his legs instead of his arm. Any defense is going to get gassed when your offense goes with six 3-and-outs. And any defense will play well when you don’t have to worry about a QB who can pass. There were plays where I saw 9 in the box to stop Peterson. It really is a shame. Hopefully we will be able to go get Luck next season.

127. By vikes blogger on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

http://cole-wolvesvikingsblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/vikes-look-deflated-like-dome.html, follow my blog

128. By David Plowman on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I have stated all along that TJACK could not read a defsense if it was drawn out for him before every play. He is a joke and needs to be escorted. If the vikings still had Sage at least there would have been 10 points. The fat lady has finished her song. Who cares where the vikings play. Lose the rest of the games so the pack have no chance of going anywhere besides home at the end of the season.

129. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

@Ricefield … your post about someone getting angry and stepping up …. RANDY MOSS GOT CUT FOR THAT … EVEN THE FANS TURNED THEIR BACK ON HIM!!!!!!

130. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

@Troy just give it up TJack sucks

131. By DRS on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

“Frazier said the Vikings are looking at available QBs in the event the team needs to sign someone for Monday night’s game”

Well boys and girls the Vikings may have no QB’s that can play, not looking good for T-Jack. Who is on the market? The season is over why not play the practice teams QB?

132. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Simple solution to stop this year’s madness and pain– Why play the game at all– no stadium, no team, no playoffs– tell the Bears they won, let the Packers cry they are staying home during the playoffs.

133. By Dennis on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Too bad we can’t play Buffalo every week. How come no one has mentioned our GREAT offensive coordinator? Talk about somebody that sucks!!! Frasier was coaching our lousy defense all season. What makes you think he can get the entire team to play when he can’t get the defense to play. We need a coach, coordinators, scouts, a quarterback, an O line and some receivers that can actually play in some games and not sit out every time they get a little boo boo.

134. By DRS on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

“The Minnesota Vikings are working diligently with the University of Minnesota and the NFL on preparing TCF Bank Stadium in the event that Mall of America Field at the Metrodome will not be ready for Monday night’s Vikings-Bears game. Their cooperation has been tremendous”

Well, will the Vikings remember how to play outside this time of the year, a Preview of upcoming events, a new open-air stadium?

135. By Ricefield on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

At Shawn,

That’s not the only reason Moss was cut. He had no room to talk about the poor play of others in the Patriot games because he didn’t show up in the game either.

He should never have been brought to the team in the first place. My opinion of course.

136. By Justin on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

It’s very disheartening when you hear guys like Greenway, Shiancoe, and Leber talk almost like there’s a Great Depression going on in the Vikings organization. The Vikings could of been good (not great but good). It didn’t matter about making the playoffs, but rather putting up competitive games all season. The Vikings hasn’t done that at all. This whole season has been depresssing.

137. By sabrina on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

hey vikings me a big for for my dad he is the big fan 4 ferbett

138. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Put joe webb in, Cant do any worse, then Ryan leaf (T Joke)

139. By DRS on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

animal26, Joe is injured and cannot play according to Coach Frazier; Frazer says it is doubtful that Farve or T-jack can play as well.

140. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

oh and this just in. Poor little baby Ryan leaf might be out because of turf toe. What a little wussy

141. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

time to put archer in there then

142. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

@RICEFIELD … Im a Moss fan for life so I will never budge on my opinion of him , I agree he suffers from foot in mouth but doesnt change the fact he is a football player … and to me thats all that matters … he is without a doubt no question better than berrian , lewis , camarillo and baskett … and i understand the Moss hater point of what has done this year and wont argue that

143. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

actually archer would defiantly be a vast improvement from that joke we have now.

144. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

TJack appears to want to be injured– was it me, or last night I kept seeing him look like a child who fakes a sore throat so he doesn’t have to go to school? TJack knows he cannot play well– he wants to sit on the sideline “injured”– at least then he has an excuse.

145. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

wasn’t you Titus, I saw the same thing too

146. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Moss Career

953 catches 8th ALL TIME

14,840 yards 5th ALL TIME

153 touchdowns 2nd ALL TIME

Im just saying … yes hes had a rough year, mostly because he TALKS

147. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Thanks animal26
    Shawn, you remind me how Moss inspired the team at halftime during the Jets game and then we scored 20 points in the last 20 minutes, after doing nothing. We need to draft a future QB, bring back Favre to mentor him and occasionally play– why not– healthy, he still has it– and maybe Webb– plus shore up the O line.

148. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Oh, and I meant to add, bring Moss back too.

149. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

thanx Titus … im glad he still has supporters

I JUST FOUND OUT MOSS HAS A CAREER PASSER RATING OF 95.8 HES BETTER THAN TJACK

150. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

@TITUS … I heard one of the guys on NFL network make a comment about Frazier had to keep making TJack get back on the field

151. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Wow, I am not surprised– you could see it during the game– no wonder we did not score- the leader of the offense wants to go home and have cookies. No heart. Favre is twice the age of TJack and you have to force him to not play– the difference between a champion and mediocrity.

152. By animal26 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

One thing I dont get is, why are we still trying to play favre? I know he gives us the best chance to win and everything, but with 3 meaningless games left. I would rather him not do any further damage to his hurt shoulder or his body and leave this season as healthy as he possibly can.

153. By Lasttimeposting on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Any qb playing for this o-line is going to be horrid, get rid of mckinney and couple other lineman this oline is by far the worse when it comes to pass protection. Offseason upgrades o-line and new qb I’m guessing we will draft a qb in the first round and should get a decent one. It all starts up front on both sides of the ball.

154. By mossforlife on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

All the boo hooing should have been at 2-6, the season was lost then. And yes BF was at the helm. Keep on making excuses, the season was lost a long time ago. You dont give the QB more respect than the Coach. And since Ziggy did, Childress served him on a silver platter. Childress built the team, Ziggy put the player before him and made him the goofer. When Chilly tried to pull Brett out for poor play Ziggy made the choice who was favorite. So with that, here’s Favre another season, I’ll take the 3 mil, and I’ll take Moss back also. Have a good day Ziggy! This was quite evident in the NE game. Childress did not want to win and Moss exposed him. Wake up Peoples. Let’s not talk about the NO game. It was written all over his face when Brett came running in. One frinkin play, chances were TJ would have ran for 10, field goal, Super Appearance. So Chilly gave Ziggy and BF fans what you wanted this season. The players were thinking Childress was given favoritism to the QB, however, they should have looked a little deeper.Ziggy degraded the Coach and he got him back. Remember Chilly built this team and to have someone come in and call shots. Oh no,no,no. That went against his whole philosphy, but he played the game.

155. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Mossforlife, interesting take. I respect your thoughts, many of them are spot on. However, to say Tjack would have run in at the end of the NO game for 10 yds is like time travel– you have no idea of the change in script– if you are suggesting Tjack had played the whole game, well that 10 yd run point you have is mute. With TJack in the game, the Saints would have killed us–no chance of that last play, we would have been down by two or three TDs.

156. By Arrow86 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Shawn: It’s great to see your back, now give Moss a rest, like his efforts.

157. By paul on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Steve Hutchinson sat out with a BROKEN THUMP you got to be kidding me

I guess that would affect the way he holds?

158. By Arrow86 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield is right: Moss has no passion left. His talent level is still high, but there is no passion. That is what separates the good, from the so-so’s and the superstars from the good ones. Shawn, I loved Moss when he had a chip on his shoulder. He can take over a game. I’ve admired and respected your comments for weeks. But the fact you have to compare him to Baskett and Lewis proves my point, his performance fell off a cliff. His next paycheck probably will too.

159. By Arrow86 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey Paul: Smash your thumb with a hammer. Then stand outside your garage door and slam your hands repeatedly into the closed garage door with the strength in your legs and upper body. When your out of Kleenex, maybe you’ll show a little respect for the toughness it takes to do what Hutch does for the Vikes.

160. By Arrow86 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Paul: Life is an english lesson. Thumb is spelled like dumb, with b not a p.

161. By MLS on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

After I followed the play by play of the game on NFL.com last night, I was one of those people who threw TJ “under the bus.” But reading the result of the plays really does not tell the story of why the team played so poorly. I just watched the game on NFL Rewind, and saw that the defense did not maintain run gap discipline and the pass protection was poor for a majority of the night. No wonder TJ’s stats were not great. Sure he probably could have made some better decisions on some plays, but he did not play as poorly as I initially thought. And the play calling stunk. I wonder why they did not take advantage of his mobility by moving the pocket and perhaps, some bootlegs. I really hope that they do not get rid of TJ because I believe that he truly has upside. We just have not seen it to this point because his development has been severely mismanaged.

162. By Arrow86 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Sabrina, you’re absolutely adoreable, and you sound so much more intelligent than Cheesehead does.

163. By Titus on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

MLS, interesting thoughts which leads me to the big question. We are all looking for players for next year’s team; however, if a Brian Billick or Parcells-caliber coach would come in, should we stick with Frazier next year?

164. By Bigfan1 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Just watched the replay on NFL network, pitiful team, the local high school team could have beaten the Vikings. Who is to blame for this poor season? Maybe half the team doesn’t have a work ethic, maybe apathy, maybe going through the motions and getting big money, I don’t have a clue. Sounds like some of the players don’t understand what happened either. Coach Frazier I’m sure is trying to figure this whole mess out. Sure would be nice to get Luck out of Stanford next year.

165. By Arrow86 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Wow! WHat are some of you people made out of? Do you look out the window in the morning, see one cloud and say, “I can’t go to work, it might rain!” Favre wasn’t begging to come back, it’s the other way around. He didn’t even ask for the pay raise. He gave us our best shot last year, and this year. The Vikings will get a stadium deal done. Enjoy T.C.F. Bank stadium true fans, and get a feel for real tailgating again. The Wilf’s are not asking for a freebie. The Vikings generate a lot of revenue and thus tax dollars. Let alone the taxes on the income of the players and front office. It may appear difficult, but man up, get active, and contact your public officials.

166. By Sallyann the Super Vikings Fan on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I will always be a Vikings fan! I am excited for them to play outside. I am glad the leaders have spoken out about the lack of offense and a dismal defense. Hang tough and this too shall pass. Better times ahead!

167. By Arrow86 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Sallyann thanks for your comments. I’m excited about next Monday night’s game. It will be awesome. Outdoors. Fifty or more of the greatest Vikings ever. The players are taking personal accountability for their poor play. The Bears will bring a great defense. Will Viking fans bring a great attitude to TCF and cheer them on? I think so.

168. By mr smiff on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

See? TJack was never that good to begin with, but not even his so-called “mobility” couldn’t make up for that horrible o-line. If TJack couldn’t work behind that atrocity, what did people expect from Favre?

169. By prplepepleaters on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

I wasn’t able to watch until the replay on NFL channel tonight. I knew it had to have been bad, but I was more than disappointed. It seemed there was no “spark” at all. This entire season has been fraught with issues including coaching and injuries, and now the stadium and Brett’s injury have rendered the team rather breathless. It’s like we are waiting for the other shoe to drop, although we’ve seen plenty already. I will still support my beloved Vikings (fan of 43 years and counting), Brett Favre, and Leslie Frazier. They are not quitters and will finish the season with their heads held high. Go Vikings, we love you!

170. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, Not all true fans are gone…..but let’s admit this has been a truly difficult season to be a MN Vikings fan. We have put the fun in dysfunctional. We had 3 guys go down to MS and beg Brett to come back. His sexting scandal. We bring Moss back only to release him 4 wks later (when we needed him the most). Chilly calling Brett out after the GB game. FINALLY getting Chilly fired. 2 game winning streak. 5th worst snow storm which deflates the Dome”. Play a home game in Detroit. Have no healthy QB’…one article said that WR Greg Camarillo is next in line. I have to laugh…..cuz there is no crying in football. Except for Favre.

171. By VkingsSKOL! on Dec 15, 2010 | Reply

I am not gonna lie and say I was not dissapointed to say the least. I have not felt that energy flowing through the games this season. Injuries and coulda-shoulda-woulda’s seem to be the discussions after every game. T-Jack came off the sidelines and did exactly what I knew he was going to do and he showed his true potential…..NONE! Really? You are going to come into your first game in how long and get no points?? The future of our team in his hands seems dismal at best. As for the team in general….I’m a Vikes fan for life, so I’ll be watching no matter what happens. I got nothing but love, and I feel the pain every week when the points are tipped in the other direction. It would be great to show everyone our heart on Monday night against the Bears!!! SKOL!!!!!

172. By Rocksalt on Dec 15, 2010 | Reply

The leaders should have made their stand on the field!

173. By pat on Dec 15, 2010 | Reply

fifty years a fan and its the same old same old! What happened to our much vaunted defense and yeah the O line has been lousy for a couple of years. Peterson was totally unproductive against the Giants.We beat them up huge last year. This team seems short of heart not talent except at QB. Bring in Vick hes going to be a free agent after the season is over!

174. By skolpurpleandgold on Dec 15, 2010 | Reply

man o man does tjack stink! wish they would have kept webb out there and hope they will make him starter rest of the season to give him some experiance.

175. By Vikingspride2008 on Dec 15, 2010 | Reply

I am SICK AND TIRED of everyone blaming this season on Favre…
    saying all Favre does is make excuses…
    saying all Favre wants is attention…
    Watch the freaking pressers!
    all he’s been doing each week is putting the blame on him!!
    “I could have played better” “the team needs to play better, but it starts with me” “I need to play better” “I believe that if I play better, we can win”
    HOW IS THAT MAKING EXCUSES!?!?
    Favre is, and will always be known as one of the NFL’s greatest quarterbacks ever…
    Packers fans…guess what…
    YOUR NOT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS EITHER!
    So shut up, and worry about your own sorry excuse of a team…
    play a bad game with Favre…its Favre’s fault apparently…
    play a bad game where Favre didnt even step on the field, and its still Favre’s fault somehow!
    Give it up people!

176. By Vikingspride2008 on Dec 15, 2010 | Reply

there are SO FEW true fans…
    so many people are “fans” while they’re 6-0…
    but as soon as we’re 2-4…you all start criticising the entire team!
    its absolutely disgusting…

Vikings Pride 4 Life

177. By Just Win on Dec 15, 2010 | Reply

T-JACK IS PLAYING LIKE FAVRE (at least after 2 games he is)

I’ve been critical of Favre all year. As a result, I need to be critical of T-Jack as well, but facts are facts. T-Jack’s performance against the Bills and the Giants is similar to Favre. We need a couple more games out of T-Jack to make a final analysis.

Against the Giants, T-Jack’s QB rating was very similar to Favre’s QB rating against the Packers and Bears. Obviously if T-Jack plays again this year and plays the same way like he did against the Giants, then T-Jack is worse than Favre.

For all you T-Jack haters out there, the truth sucks, don’t it? As a result, you’ll need to hold your enthusiasm for his failures a few more games. If he does OK in the remaining games, then he’s playing JUST LIKE FAVRE. If he doesn’t, then he’s worse and should be cut from the NFL or is a career backup.

178. By Steven on Dec 16, 2010 | Reply

Its so easy to finger point over the incredible disappointment this season has been. I mean really, who could ever have written such a script? In the beginning we spoke of “the aging gunslinger,will he or won’t he come back to the Purple?” 3 players head down to his home to retract him from his den. Then it’s the return of #84 “The Freak” back into a Purple jersey……for a minute…then he’s gone. Poof! Our record continues into the negative, our star wide out Rice out for over haf the season, while our second wide out hangs in limbo due to migrain headaches. We then fire our head coach, and the ceiling caves in on our beloved home! Unfriggen believable! Let’s just agree 2010 was an odyssey into the obyss and forget it…forever! I wear my Purple proud everyday and will never waiver on this franchise, and with that I’ll mutter the words we can always say……”let’s get ‘em next year!”

179. By DOC on Dec 17, 2010 | Reply

@JUST WIN…..IF YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE TEAM BEFORE BRETT WHEN TJACK WAS THE STARTER, YOU WOULD’VE SEEN HOW BAD HE WAS AND STILL IS AT QB. DEFENSES WOULD STACK 9 IN THE BOX AND HE COULDN’T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. EVEN AFTER SITTING BACK AND (SHOULD’VE BEEN) WATCHING A HALL OF FAMER AND PICKING HIS BRAIN. HE STILL WAS THE SAME OLD TJACK. AS A MOBILE QB, EVEN PLAYS DESIGNED FOR A POCKET QB SHOULD WORK FOR HIM BECAUSE HE HAS THE OPTION TO MOVE THE POCKET HIMSELF. THE THING IS…IN ORDER TO DO THAT, HE HAS TO BE ABLE TO READ DEFENSES AND RECOGNIZE THE MIKE. TJACK STILL CAN’T DO THIS.

180. By game of war fire age on Jun 17, 2014 | Reply

You can certainly see your skills in the article you write.

The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are
    not afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

181. By poptropica cheats on Jun 18, 2014 | Reply

Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your website unintentionally, and I am shocked why this accident
    did not happened in advance! I bookmarked it.

182. By megapolis hack tool on Jun 18, 2014 | Reply

Good day very nice blog!! Guy .. Excellent .. Amazing ..
    I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?
    I am glad to search out a lot of useful information here within the
    publish, we want work out more strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing.
    . . . . .

2. Dec 14, 2010: Vikings Leaders Standup After 21-3 Loss To NY Giants | Vikings Stop Blog