Vikings-Eagles Game Moved To Prime Time On Dec. 26

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 13, 2010 – 12:32 pm

The Vikings-Philadelphia Eagles game originally scheduled for Sunday, December 26 at 12:00 p.m. CT has been moved to prime time, with a kickoff of 7:20 p.m. CT. The game will be televised by NBC as the network’s Sunday Night Football broadcast.

This will be the Vikings 3rd consecutive prime time game, with the team playing the NY Giants tonight on FOX and then the Chicago Bears next Monday night on ESPN. Aside from the Vikings long list of star players, the Vikings-Eagles game is an attractive option for prime time because the Eagles are leaders of the NFC East and feature QB Mike Vick, who has rejuvenated his career and is one of the NFL’s most valuable players.

The Week 16 matchup with Philadelphia represents the 6th prime time game of the season for Minnesota and – according to my count – the 10th prime time game for the Vikings over the past 2 regular seasaons.

The San Diego Chargers and Cincinnati Bengals were originally slated to play the Sunday night game in Week 16 but their contest will be moved to 4:05 p.m. ET.

20 Responses to “Vikings-Eagles Game Moved To Prime Time On Dec. 26”

1. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Oh come on. Let’s just move that game to Monday night too! The league will be setting an all-time new record for 3 “home” Monday Night games in a row for a single team…THINK OF THE PUBLICITY!

Skol Vikes!

2. By Joe Webb Fan on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Joe Webb needs to be starting quarterback!!!

3. By Ricefield on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

I’m not trying to rain on the parade but last year, we lost every primetime game. I’m still confident but its something to think about.

4. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Rain doesn’t fall inside a dome Ricefield…at least not until it collapses.

We’ve seen plenty of convincing evidence that this year’s team is very different from last year’s. Let’s look forward to seeing more differences as the new team with the new HC find a way to win in primetime; at home on the road!

5. By Ricefield on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

You’re right as always PurpleParody, lol.

6. By Titus on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

The game is attractive option for prime time? That is the only remote part of this excellent journalism which tells why game time was changed. Why? Could we please have articles with substance?

7. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Titus – If I were to guess, the reasoning is two-fold. First, the Eagles are going to be fighting to clinch their division. Secondly, the Vikings are constantly landing front page storylines every week, so they are drawing enough extra publicity to make the primetime game more appealing to viewer ratings.

8. By Justin on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings are literally the circus of the NFL. Sadly, it’s attention we don’t want and unfortunately is another resason why we should forget 2010 ever happened.

9. By Titus on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Parody, you are probably right. But my point was more on these articles– I see the headline, then I go to read the article and the first, logical question any reader has, is not answered.

10. By Titus on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Justin, we should have circus music at the games.

11. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

I understand Titus, it has bugged me too. Even when Mike is “answering” questions in the Monday Morning Mailbag, he is often saying that he doesn’t know enough to even give his opinion on the issue.

FYI – Here is a [brief] list of the attention that the Vikings have been creating for themselves…not front page material EVERY week, but just about:

Week 1 – Favre returns for his 20th season for a “playoff rematch” against the Superbowl Champs.
    Week 2 – Vikings lose their first home game in over a year.
    Week 3 – Vikings rebound and beat the Lions (Okay, not much for news this week).
    Week 4 – Vikings rest up to heal their injuries on the early bye…only to hear breaking news about Brett Favre’s work behind a camera.
    Week 5 – Vikings trade for Randy Moss but lose to Favre’s former team after some controversial decisions by the head coach
    Week 6 – Vikings find a way to win their second game…against Dallas (Not much news this week either…)
    Week 7 – For the first time in his 20-year career Favre loses to the Packers! Moss refuses to talk to the media afterwards!!!
    Week 8 – Moss travels back to New England to lose to his former team, and gets in trouble by telling the media that he’ll be asking all the questions, and for praising his former team!
    Week 9 – Childress fires Moss for saying that he wouldn’t feed the catering to his dog! Everybody is calling for Childress’ head; meanwhile Favre somehow finds a way to pull off a come from behind 14-point deficit overtime victory with about 6-minutes left in the game (against the worst team in the NFL).
    Week 10 – Childress makes no attempt to correct for the fact that his players are unable to stand upright on Chicago’s loose field and loses to the Bears in a must-win situation.
    Week 11 – Childress gives the game away to Green Bay at home, in another must-win situation, finalizing his petition to be fired as Frazier steps in to take over the team.
    Week 12 – Under new management, the Vikings win their first road game in over a year! Hopes return to Minnesota, even though the playoff chances are all but gone.
    Week 13 – Favre throws what could very well be his last pass and interception while getting injured on his first attempt of the game. Jackson steps in to give the team their biggest score and win since the Dallas playoff game in ’09.
    Week 14 – The Metrodome collapses and the game against the Giants is postponed to Monday Night, in Detroit! More to come…

12. By Titus on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

That is an impressive run down of the season. You know, Parody, I think we have the makings for a movie. What about all the Harvin headaches and the breakdown on the sidelines during the home game against GB? How about Rice being out with surgery that is done as the season starts for an injury from the NFC championship? The movie could start with the Hutchinson and company flying to MS to get Favre. Favre, sitting at home, confronted by his teammates, and then a flashback to the interception in New Orleans— …

13. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Titus, you reminded me of some big events, but there was just so much going on this year it’s tough to keep track of it all. Plus I was trying to make the run down brief, and as it was it looks daunting!

14. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Interesting thing about your movie idea is that most of the footage has already been shot! A special effects team would have cost a bundle to try to replicate the implosion of the metrodome alone!

The only problem is that if we make this movie, the story is just too unrealistic for anyone to believe…

15. By Titus on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

You did a good job Parody– you are right, though; often true stories are unbelievable– When you think of it, the whole Sterger incident was relatively low key– makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes (no pun intended).

16. By I love my APBT on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

So, I don’t really like the Vikings. Football bores me to no end. I love the Twins, have a whole bunch of MN pride, I care about the Wild..don’t follow the Wolves, and I have a huge indifference to the Vikings.

I am now paying attention to the Vikings. I’m strongly opposed to the Vikings getting a stadium, but hey, if they manage to injure Vick I’ll rethink my opinion..(and by injure, I mean injure. I’m still waiting for karma to hit Vick and so far nothing has happened. HURRY UP, KARMA!)

17. By trade website on Feb 25, 2014 | Reply

Hi there, its good post concerning media print, we all know media is a impressive source of information.

18. By replacement glass for iphone 4 on Mar 6, 2014 | Reply

It is truly a nice and helpful piece of info.

I am satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us.

Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

2. Dec 13, 2010: Vikings-Eagles Flexed to Primetime | The Other 31
  3. Dec 13, 2010: Vikings-Eagles Game Moved To Prime Time On Dec. 26 | Vikings Stop Blog