Looking Lime Home Sweet Home At Ford Field?

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 13, 2010 – 1:56 pm

No, it’s not quite home sweet home. But Ford Field is looking more and more like the field we’re accustomed to seeing at Mall of America Field.

Check out the photo.

Ford Field or Mall of America Field?

Now we just need a bunch of Vikings fans wearing purple and gold to get in those seats and root the Vikings on to victory.

24 Responses to “Looking Lime Home Sweet Home At Ford Field?”

1. By REnee on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Typo in title?? LIME?? Do you mean LIKE?

2. By Ricefield on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

It’s supposed to be a joke. The first line of the post. “No its not QUITE home sweet home.” Get it?

3. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Wow, the resemblance is pretty impressive! Tear down the Ford Field logo and hang the ring of honor and a lot of people wouldn’t even notice the diference…until you see a shot of the ceiling anyways.

I didn’t think that we’d get the right to repaint the field, especially since it’s owned by a division rival!

So will they be bringing the blow-up ship and the smoke generator to Detroit too? I know whenever I watch a home game I always get revved up watching the team run onto the field through it, and I’m certain that the players get even more pumped up as they come racing out of the smoke.

4. By Ricefield on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Does anyone know if Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and Pam Oliver are still doing the game?

5. By Ham on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Limes are over rated.

6. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Are all of the mascots going to make it to the game tonight too? (Victor, Ragnar, and that big muscle-bound guy that looks like a Viking and always sits about half-way up the lower deck behind the goalpost).

7. By Mike on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

So what does this mean for next week? Vikes host the Bears?
    I got tickets to this game. I really want to be there!
    In the Metrodome of course!

8. By Ricefield on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody,

I hope so. But if I have my way the gjallarhorn will be somewhere else. LOL

9. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Mike – The Metrodome still sounds like a longshot. Personally, I’m preparing to get my first ever taste of outdoor football in December at TCF stadium.

If I like it, then I’ll be all for an outdoor field to replace the Metrodome. Right now though I still think we are better off building another enclosed field, and continue to take advantage of the noise factor that the Dome provided us while keeping the fans warm and comfortable watching the game.

10. By Titus on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

SO, they do all of these changes, but they could not fly out some “clothes” for the Giants to play outdoors? Ha ha ha.

11. By Bergmann on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

I know it was mother nature that moved this game to Detroit, but I have a 10 and 7 yr old that are super disapointed. After a 10 drive Friday night to beat the winter storm, then sitting around all day and night Sat. watching the snow pile up, then hearing the game was going to be played Mon. at the Metrodome, to then hearing that the game was being moved to Detroit and they were not going to be able to go to the game. This dad was heartbroken watching is two sons cry because they were not going to the game. Then after a 10 hour drive home we find out that we won’t even be able to watch the game. This stinks.

12. By PurpleParody on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Bergmann – I feel for you, I’d be going crazy if I put up with everything that you just went through. Hopefully ESPN or some broadcasting company will at the very least show a replay of the game on Tuesday or Wednesday for all the fans that got shafted.

13. By Directvman66 on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

channel 710 directv if you have sunday ticket or know a sportsbar or friends house to watch the game

14. By Directvman66 on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

I think reply will be played on nfl network next Monday

15. By Titus on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

I wonder if anyone could send Bergmann a tape of the game?

16. By Justin on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

I bet 9 out of every 10 fans in attendance are going to cheer for the Giants…

17. By KanVike on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Bergmann, I to drove my family 10 hours from Kansas to see the game. We left after work on friday night and drove all night as you did to beat the storm. Then as you, sat in the hotel room until my brother and his family arrived. Then we went to the Mall of America and they closed it down too!!! It does’nt matter though, I still love the Vikings and would do it all over again if I had to. Go Vikings!!!!!!

18. By KanVike on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Fortunately, I do have NFL Sunday ticket so I will be watching the game tonight.

19. By VikesfanNO on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

What then if we make it to the postseason, and Superbowl and win?

20. By Titus on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, that is what I was wondering– because we all heard Detroit was a frontrunner to host because a Fox team was already in place, so that would make one think the same commentators that did the Packer-Lion game will do it– unless the crew and support staff is what is in place, and the actual commentators will still be Aikman and his sidekick and Pam.

21. By Logan on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Sorry to hear about your disappointing weekend Bergmann. One thing you can do is go to atdhe.net and you can watch the game on there, just click giants vs. vikings and it will show exactly what would be on tv. Hope it will work, let me know.

22. By Blackandyellow on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings should move to UTAH!!!!!! i meam its a sign that Minnesota NOT the right place to. in UTAH its warm and cold and i mean its just a good place to play football. i play (im 12 years old) and its never too cold or too warm.

2. Dec 13, 2010: Looking Lime Home Sweet Home At Ford Field? | Vikings Stop Blog
  3. Dec 13, 2010: Vikings Logo Painted on Ford Field (Photo) | The Viking Age | A Minnesota Vikings blog