Tarkenton In His Own Words

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 11, 2010 – 10:11 am

The 2010 season constitutes the Vikings 50th in franchise history and the organization has embarked on a season-long celebration to honor this moment, with the pinnacle moment of the celebration being an awards ceremony on Sunday, December 19 where the organization will unveil its 50 Greatest Players and also recognize other valuable members and aspects of 50 years of Vikings football.

One of the greatest Vikings of all-time – QB Fran Tarkenton – has committed to attending the event. And he’s also gone a step further by creating a video in which he speaks about his excitement for the upcoming event, the first-ever Vikings team and also the relationship he has with his former head coach, Bud Grant.

We encourage you to click the link in the paragraph above this one to watch and listen to Tarkenton. It’s a treat to hear him speak about his time with the Vikings and a recent conversation he had with his former head coach. If this video is any indication of the kind of night December 19 will be, those who’ve purchased tickets to be in the building for this once-in-a-lifetime event will have a time they’ll never forget.

The Vikings anticipate tremendous attendance among its alumni, with players such as Anthony Carter, Cris Carter, Chris Doleman, Tommy Kramer, Jim Marshall, Randall McDaniel, Ahmad Rashad and Robert Smith all confirming their participation.

You can be there, too. A limited number of tickets are available for this exclusive event.

To purchase your tickets, click here.

Tags: ,

297 Responses to “Tarkenton In His Own Words”

1. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Tarkenton was way ahead of his time.

2. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

But, I did not like his comments towards Favre a couple years back. That is not classy.

3. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

We should have a retired NFL — all these players that are 50 and above could be on teams– and because they are older, they could play from April through August, so they can play in warm weather– plus the NFL owners could capitalize on greater revenue by having games throughout the year at their mega-stadiums.

4. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

They would have to tone down the physicality of the game, so no one is killed.

5. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

You might want two tiers– 42-53 years of age, and then 54-100. Because obviously some of the players in their forties are going to be way too fast for a tackle in his 70s.

6. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I think today, though, we need to form a penguin club and go make sure the airport is open so the Giants can get into town. We could shovel the runway.

7. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Or are the Giants already in Minneapolis? Does anyone know?

8. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Come on fellow bloggers, I know you are out there and you see this blog has activity– I will post because sooner or later, you will all see the many postings and want to jump on board.

9. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Boy, Tarkenton could scramble around, couldn’t he? Like a keystone cop from an old black and white silent film.

10. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

We should have a rematch of one of the old Superbowls– Vikings versus Raiders. Now that would be fun to watch. Maybe. Depends. Maybe we would need to add something to the rules to increase the entertainment value. Nova, I am as-signing you to the entertainment board.

11. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Okay, Fred, as you can see, 10 posts is not impossible. It’s not unusual, either (in the words of the great Tom Jones).

12. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I’m here.

C-C-C-Combo Breakerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

13. By Bigfan1 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Fran has had a lot of success off the field and was a great QB, I hope he’s respectful of Brett Favre who broke his records and is the current ironman of the NFL.

14. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purple pride: I’m sure the Giants will make it in. The Minneapolis airport is one of the best ones at staying open through storms like this. They may be delayed, but they’ll get there. I’m picturing a little bit of “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles” though!

15. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner, if you don’t know me by now, that was a creative post for humor.

16. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner,

(Answering your question from the other blog)

Superior isn’t really getting any snowfall but its windy as all heck, basically blowing around what was on the ground from last week and making it so I have to reshovel the walk and driveway.

17. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Concerning the video,

What’s with the “shooting dogs” stuff? It wasn’t really funny to me but it seemed to tickle him. Oh well, to each his own.

18. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Bigfan1: I doubt Fran will get into any open comments about Favre. If a question is asked of him about Favre he’ll be respectful. They aren’t bringing him in to bash Brett. It’ll be about reminiscing about the Super Bowl teams, and playing for Coach Grant.

19. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I agree, but do you remember that radio commentary where Tarkenton ripped Favre– it was very degrading. I believe it was when the Vikings were first mentioned as a possible team for Favre- maybe a couple years ago. I could not believe the comments.

20. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride 2: I didn’t read all the previous posts, just the one about do you think the Giants will make it in? After reading back through your record streak of posts, I did get the humor. I too, was disappointed in Tarkenton coming out of the woodwork to make the comments he did about Favre last year. At the time, I felt it was possibly professional jealousy that Favre would win a Super Bowl that Fran couldn’t for the Vikings. Fran was way ahead of his time.

21. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, thanks for talking about the dogs, it made me curious, so I watched the video. Interesting and I thought the same thing as you, like what is this tangent? But if you notice, Fran ties the story into the end, when Bud Grant got Fran to come to the 50th anniversary, and Grant mentioned the 14 yr old dog that needs to be shot– a circular story showing Grant’s wit, memory, and personality, that some 40 plus years later, Grant brings out of nowhere a story from their past. Fran is a good story teller. I think I need to give him a call.

22. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I felt that too, Conner– that is was jealousy, because no professional football player can honestly bash Favre– yes he makes mistakes with the interceptions, and does tarnish his play some, but overall, he is at the top.

23. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Fran is a tremendous success in business now. He really keeps a low profile now. It’s great that he’s coming for this event.

24. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Tarkenton always seemed to have a reserved demeanor to his personal life, and Tommy Kramer who followed him seemed to be the total opposite. It’s not a knock on either. I just wonder if those two have a friendship then or now?

25. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I really don’t know much about Tarkenton. Maybe I oughta do a google search and learn a little.

26. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

A quick visit to wikipedia was very informative. I think I’ll do some other research later.

27. By ron57rhj on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

The Giants plane was diverted to Kansas City during the day and I assume they are still there until things get better in the twin Cities.

28. By rich on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

THE PURPLEPRIDE HERE JUST SAYING I JUST WISH I COULD BE
    UP THERE IN MINNESOTTA FOR THE 50TH . IT IS GOING TO BE REALY GREAT. JUST TO BE IN THE SAME BUILDING WOULD BE THE SH-T THATS FOR SURE SO WHO EVER GETS TO GO DRINK A BEER AND GIVEM A CHEER FOR ME THANKS AGAIN

29. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Thanks for the update on the Giants– I bet Eli is hoping they cannot make it, so he does not have to say hi to Jared, EJ, Chad and all the defense.

30. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Where is everyone? Only Penguins and Walruses should be out and about in this weather. I told you guys last night– when I saw the forecast changed the temps, I knew this would be the big one. Anyone checked the weather as far as total snow this season— I think we are at about 70% of a normal season (a whole winter).

31. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Giants are spending the night in Kansas City.

32. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Did anyone read the article on Henderson’s rehab?

That’s pretty impressive and the medical implications could be as important as Tommy John’s Surgery in baseball.

33. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

It looks like Mother Nature’s on the Vikings side. LOL

34. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I just spent 20 minutes getting my car free.

35. By mr smiff on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Goodnight everyone! So, what’s the consensus: Favre or TJack?

36. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

That sucks Purplepride. Still not snowing in Superior but the wind is even stronger and we could get some later tonight and into tomorrow.

Thankfully, the hill in Duluth seems to block a lot of snow from reaching Superior and since I live maybe five hundred feet from the Lake we don’t get much of the lake effect stuff either.

Yeah, all I have to worry about is the frickin’ wind comin’ off the lake. Man it gets cold!

37. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

mr smiff,

I’m thinking TJack is the man tomorrow but I wouldn’t be surprised if Favre plays (but only if he throws the ball well in practice before the game).

So my vote is for TJack.

38. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, Mr. Smiff, Purplepride: I’m thinking Tavaris tomorrow as well, but I’ve been wrong before. If I were a defensive coordinator, with Favre I would blitz more linebackers. With TJack I’d have my D-ends rush up the field and bring corner blitz’s from T.Jacks right side. Favre isn’t going to run, TJack can appear caged in when he can’t role out. Either way, we’ll win though. No prediction on score, but I think Bevell / Frazier will keep the Giants off balance with the run.

39. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Well, Ricefield, I do admit I would rather be in the Bahamas, but as long as I live here, I try not to complain– this happens every year– although I will allow myself one moment of complaining— this is a much longer and worse winter than normal, and it’s only Dec 11. Before we know it, it will be March and warming up.

40. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I think Favre is going to start. Regardless of what everyone says, I do think the streak is in the coaches minds– at least in a subliminal way. We will see a lot of Toby and Adrian– constant full five course meal for the Giants.

41. By Vikeman1 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Fran Tarkenton was twice the QB Favre is and ever was. Everybody knows this. Favre= overrated. Hopefully Favre goes out on a stretcher if he plays against the Giants. Go T-Jack!

42. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I hesitate to predict a score, but I think our team has something to prove– this is our first real test since Frazier became coach (yes, on the road at Wash was huge)– but this is a playoff team– I think we might blow them out.

43. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Vikeman, no one should wish harm on another human being. That kind of attitude only poisons your own life.

44. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

–PurplePride2 You got 11 straight posts! New record.

45. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I jokingly tell my wife all the time that “Sure Superior has four seasons….Winter, More Winter, Spring, and Fall.”

Skips right over Summer, lol.

But seriously though, it isn’t that bad up here. I like the fact that I get regular White Chr1stmases and the snow isn’t all that bad. I like it here, and now that I’m here I don’t think I would like to live anywhere else.

46. By mr smiff on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

D!keman1, I am sure TJack is proud to have a fan like you.

47. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I have looked at other places to live– lots of trade offs. Minneapolis has a lot of pluses that the warmer areas do not– I take advantage of the cold to do things indoors. HEY FRED!!!

48. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Vikeman is a troll. Number 1 rule of internet safety is: Don’t feed the trolls!!!

49. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

MR SMIFF!!!

50. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, that is a good one. I will remember that. Don’t feed them and they won’t grow.

51. By mr smiff on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Here’s another question: How do you fellas think McKinnie and Loadholt will stack up against Tuck and Umenyiora?

52. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I hope the Giants don’t whine and cry that they were stuck in K.C. all night, so it disrupted their rhythm for the game– when they lose big time!!! They should have come on Friday–

53. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

It is difficult to compare players of different era’s. Tarkenton was great, Favre has been great. Tarkenton led us into 3 Super Bowls, no wins. Favre led the Pack to 2 Super Bowls. 1 win, 1 loss.

54. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff, the run will take care of everything. We will tire them out.

55. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

mr smiff,

I won’t lie. Loadholt has been jumpy all year. I think he’s the most penalized Viking this year. With the Giants, we can’t afford to go backwards down the field but its hard for an offensive player to relax when your facing those guys.

56. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purple pride 2: Is there any chance they’ll move the game back to 3:00 or a Sunday night game? I know it’s only a 50 minute flight from K.C. But it sounds like fans may have trouble getting to the dome, as this storm isn’t to stop until around kickoff.

57. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

How did McKinnie and Loadholt do against them last year? Osi and Tuck are having a better season this year than last year. The Vikes have played very well the last 3 games against the GIants, tomorrow makes 4.

58. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: Did Loadholt jump offsides last week? I didn’t see the entire game. He’s had more trouble jumping off on the road would be my take. And he has liked jumping off sides in the red zone. He has the tools, and size. He could be a pro bowler many times over before he’s done. He’s had his issues this year.

59. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Really Conner? I thought the storm was ending soon– tomorrow is suppose to be sunny. I think it is a big deal to change the time, with TV and all. I live off a major boulevard and believe me, I could get there. I could get there now.

60. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

This could be 4 in a row Frederick and Purplepride. Please stop me!

61. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner,

I think he did as a matter of fact. He’s done it at home a few times which makes it look that much worse.

I like him and I think he will be fine but I can’t be too confident. You know?

62. By mr smiff on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Hmm, where is Nova?

63. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Snow is pretty much over– maybe 2-4 more inches overnight– clear sky by 8am–

64. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride: It’s a wrap around storm system. The cities appears to be coming out of the snow late tonight, but the wind is to remain strong. Otherwise, sunny and cold.

65. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Where’s Fred Jones?

66. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

anyone still on here?

67. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Very cold.

68. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie is in the house!

69. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Does anyone know if the Packers are at home tomorrow. They could be right in the middle of the storm. I like watching games in heavy snowfall. NFL network showed the Bears field the other day. They re-sodded portions prior to the Eagle game. It’s too cold for the roots to take hold. That is just going to be a sloppy mess the rest of the season. God forbid, the Bears get home games in the playoffs.

70. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Hi Stephanie,

We haven’t ever conversed but I gather you’re an excellent poster. Nice to meet you.

71. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Welcome Stephanie: Are you starting to get the snow?

72. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

the snow is just starting here. how much snow does Minneapolis have now? I heard almost two feet already…but people like to exxagerate sometimes!

73. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: She’s the best, she lives in Packerland like yourself but cheers for the Vikings!

74. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Green Bay is going to Detroit to be lion meat.

75. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, I don’t know 2 feet might be an exaggeration, but I took a pic of my car because you could only see the roof– I dug it out in about twenty minutes. At least a foot, foot and a half I think. Hard to tell with the wind drifts.

76. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

thanks Ricfield. I think that the Packers play at the Lions. The bears play at home against the Patriots, and I heard it’s supposed to be really windy. hopefully the Patriots beat the bears down, although I can’t stand the Patriots.

77. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

The Cities, like the Giants tomorrow, are getting pounded pretty good right now.

78. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Conner! so Ricefield lives in Packerland too?

79. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner, here I copied this:

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail Saturday evening that the game would be moved back if conditions in the Twin Cities further delayed the Giants’ journey.

“We continue to closely monitor the weather in Minneapolis and remain in regular contact with both clubs and local public safety authorities,” Aiello said. “We will continue to do so and are prepared to make adjustments in the schedule as necessary.”

80. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: You have to watch the Patriots/ Bears just to see if Bellicheck will cut the sleeves off at the elbows of his Gortex jacket.

81. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Go PATRIOTS!!!!!

82. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

so the Giants aren’t coming until tomorrow morning? wow, that should be interesting to see if it affects them. it’s not like they have much time to get ready since they play at noon.

83. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride 2: Excellent information, thank you for doing the leg work on that one. I just feel for the fans trying to make it to the game. Many of the interstates are shutting down right now, so it’ll take a while to get things moving tomorrow.

84. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Sort of Stephanie,

I live in Superior, WI and there is somewhat of a border war going on between Packer and Viking Fans. I’m surrounded by Packer Fans but there are enough Viking lovers around to make it comfortable.

85. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

lol Conner. yeah, those cut off hoodies on Bellicheck always bother me.

86. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

GO LIONS!!!!

87. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

GO REDSKINS!!!

88. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: Where your relatively new to Duluth/Superior. The good folks on the Superior side probably didn’t tell you about the Packer / Viking wars. The people on the Superior side were throwing dynamite like crazy at the Duluth side. THe people on the Duluth side were lighting it and throwing it back as fast as they could!

89. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I see Ricefield. I live right in the thick of it (north of Green Bay). my friend Trevor went to the Vikings/Packers game at Lambeau wearing his Favre Jersey and he got treated terrible and got beer spilled all over him. there was no way I was going to that game b/c I don’t like confrontation and there’s not a lot of love for Vikings there–obviously.

90. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

LMAO Conner. Too funny man. Too funny.

91. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

purplepride, why “go Redskins?”

92. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

You have my sympathy, Stephanie.

93. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

If they (The Giants), leave K.C. by 7:30 or 8:00 A.M. they could be in the Cities by 9:00. Bus to the dome by 10:00 A.M. Back in the 70’s does anyone remember when the Vikings got caught in traffic going to the Silverdome to face the Lions. The game was delayed a few minutes, and the Vikes were penalized for delay of game.

94. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

so it sounds like the game might get delayed?

95. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: Do you know if there is any truth to the legend that a group of Packer fans arrange themselves near where the Viking bus leaves Lambeau. They promptly moon as the busses go by. I’ve heard this before, but don’t know if it is just urban legend? (The only good thing is, it’s better than looking at what they put their hats on!)

96. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Though it isn’t properly sporting of me, I hope they don’t delay the game. If I had my way, the plows would push the snow to block Giants’ bus parking spot.

Better yet, put the snow in the Giant’s lockerroom. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

97. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Is there any word on how Favre is doing? is it leaning one way or the other? or is it still up in the air?

98. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Whether the game is delayed is like predicting whether Favre will play tomorrow? Who knows, if they delay the game, it may give him enough time to heal a couple of injuries. He’s been amazing with his toughness and determination.

99. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie,

I think the official report is its still in the air, but the consensus on the boards is Favre won’t be able to go.

100. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I think I heard that fans either mooned or pretended to moon either this year or last year when the bus went by on the way to the stadium. It might have been b/c of Favre. I’m not sure if they always do that. classless though.

101. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, I said GO REDSKINS because they play Tampa– Tampa would be 7-6 with a loss. I know a lot has to happen, but if Detroit beats GB and Tampa and the Giants lose– we are still in the hunt for the playoffs. The standings are not so prohibitive as they were a week or two ago– we may get in after all. That’s why I say let Favre rest for at least this two home games where we should win– then have Favre rested at Philly–

102. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I heard that too– I think it’s true– consider the fanbase.

103. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Now, if this game were outdoors tomorrow it would remind folks of the “Old Met.” All the tailgating grills would melt the snow and ice in the parking lot. True to Viking lore, Frazier would not allow heaters on the Viking sideline.

104. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner, a delay of game will let him heal? Ha ha ha, now you are showing a Nova caliber of humor. Where is Sonja?

105. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: In Randy Moss’s last trip to Lambeau before leaving Minnesota for “The jumpsuit Genie.” He caught a TD pass and fained a moon to the end zone fans at Lambeau. Moss and teammates said at that time, Packer fans moon the bus after the game. I won’t even go into Joe Buck’s rant.

106. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I am torn about Favre playing. He is so tough, and if is able to throw well then why not put him in? But part of me is nervous about him getting re-injured. if however, he can’t throw well, then obviously that makes the decision easy. . I know he won’t go in if he can’t be effective. I thought he played pretty darn good against the Patriots after his ankle injury and no one thought he would play effectively if he did. of course this is his throwing shoulder. I’m leaning towards him not playing, but you can never count him out until the game starts.

107. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

My “Sonja” just pinned her ears back and pounded two figure 8 hot laps through 2 foot deep drifts in her pen and then sprinted to the door of the house. She’s watching the Food network with my wife in the living room.

108. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Yeah its hard to count Favre out but I share your concerns about further injury.

109. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I remember Moss mooning the crowd. I’ve never been a fan of how Moss has acted at times, lol. but it’s equally classless for Packer fans to do the same! I guess it’s all part of the rivalry.

110. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Yeah Stephanie: Three things you can’t avoid: “Death, taxes, and Favre on Sunday!”

111. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

purplepride, thank you for your explanation of “go Redskins.” I haven’t followed it too closely because my head hurts trying to figure it all out. ;)

112. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

LOL Conner!

113. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Next weeks game with the Bears will be the final home game of Favre’s Viking career, unless he pools his viagra like mojo into a 2011 campaign! Moss has never scored well in congeniality. Evening gown, and swimsuit are his strengths. ‘Straight cash! Homies!”

114. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

where’s Nova at? does he not get on here till it’s 11:00 his time? lol

115. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

wow, I can’t believe that next week is already the last home game this season–and Favre’s last game at home too–if he’s able to play. I hope so. I know he’s not playing next year. there’s no way. this is the most he’s ever been beat up in a season. he’s had 2 or 3 injuries per week it seems. I read the article in Sports Illistrated and it was sad. just because of how this season has gone for him.

116. By allan paul on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

The Giants are still waiting a connecting flight from KC.

Will the dominant Vikings defense show up on Sunday or that frustrating “cover 2″ that is just another name for zone be giving huge chunks of yardage to the Giants WR’s. Why can’t we play man to man?

117. By allan paul on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Death, Taxes, Favre, and the Postman (just not on sundays like Favre)

118. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

allan paul, hopefully the D will play like they did last week against the Bills. although this is a little tougher team, lol.

119. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Minneapolis: This is the snowiest day in 19 years. Mpls. St.Paul airport down to 1 runway. Purplepride you are right again. Snow there is ending, but wind gusts will remain strong at 30-40 mph. Stay safe, and tip the pizza guy!

120. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I said it elsewhere on these boards, if the fans are into the game our defense will be able to manhandle the Giants’ o-line.

I’m so confident in it, that I made a prediction that the turnover battle will be won by the Vikings and I’m sticking to that prediction.

24-13 Vikings. ‘Nuff said.

121. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Okay, “Death, taxes, Favre on Sundays, and Karl Malone on Monday through Saturday!” Okay, a laim attempt at humor. I’ll give it a rest. Welcome Allen Paul, will you be at the Dome tomorrow?

122. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Nova and BSAS haven’t been on here much lately. There aren’t any “hot” issues to argue about any more. Perhaps that might mean good things for the Vikings.

They actually seem to be the healthiest they have been since week 1. Is Harvin ready?

123. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Allen Paul: Back to your sincere football question as to why so much “Tampa 2?” Could it be that Antoine is the only one who can “man up?” Not enough depth at corner with no Cedric “The Entertainer” Griffith and Chris Cook still nursing injury and learning the ropes? I don’t know, I’m asking for others who may know more about that. I think Cook was drafted because he was strong in the zone coverage.

124. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Frederick: It is good to be going into a game without a soap opera in Viking camp. Yeah, we’re not sure whether Favre or Jackson yet, but overall both will be mentally prepared to play. It is great, to not have all of the chaos of controversy. What do you think of Allen Paul’s question that I recently reported? Any insights that you could help answer?

125. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Conner: If you are getting lots of pressure on the QB, I would think you could come out of that Tampa 2 more often. The inexperience and abilities of our d-backs would also be a factor.

126. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I’m a little nervous about the Giants defensive line to stop the run and/or the pass. I think if we win it will be because of the defense.

127. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I like that prediction Ricefield. I just wonder if the Giants change in routine tomorrow will make them a little bit sluggish early. Hopefully, we can get a positive start with points on our first drive and run downhill all afternoon.

128. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Frederick. I know both Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith are taller receivers like Sydney Rice. Both Nicks and Smith are coming back off of injury that will hopefully slow them a bit out of their breaks. Jared, Kevin, and Ray can get some pressure. Does it seem that the last two weeks the Vikes are blitzing the linebackers more like last year?

129. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I think I’m going to curl up on the couch and watch a movie with my husband. hopefully tomorrow after the game we’ll have good things to talk about! I admit I’m a little nervous, but I think it will be a close game. it’s too bad Harvin won’t be playing (most likely). I hope the O-line can protect the QB, whoever that is!

130. By Conner on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

So Stephanie, are you predicting more of a 17-7 or 13-7 game?

131. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: I would tend to agree with you. Both of these teams seem to have good defenses, while the offenses have struggled.

Will we see the same defense we saw against Buffalo with all the pressure on the quarterback?

132. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I think a lower scoring game. I just don’t know if we can run against the Giants the way we did against the Bills, thus putting more pressure on the passing game. it all depends on how the O-line does. hopefully Mannig will continue his bad games against the Vikings.

133. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I cannot believe it– my church canceled tomorrow— is it really that bad?

134. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

If I had to choose I would pick Hutchinson to play over Harvin. Obviously the Vikings need both men.

The thing I would most like to see is pressure on the quarterback. We don’t have to have sacks, but we need to be in Eli Manning’s face constantly.

Just because they are doing 3 step drops is no reason not to get penetration.

135. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Frederick Jones, what’s up?

136. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I read through some type of fluke, the Vikes and Giants have played 9 of the last 10 seasons— I knew it! That is strange, it’s almost like they are the new Green Bay to us.

137. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purp 2: Yes, it’s really that bad. The wind is howling, and blowing the snow back to where it’s been plowed.

Stay inside and have some cocoa, er koolaid, er how about some fresh milk!

138. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

purplepride, my church cancelled for tomorrow too. I just read that the state patrol in Wisconsin is warning against travel for the entire state through Sunday.

139. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purp2: Are you including playoffs, or is that just regular season?

140. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

it’s not just the snow, it’s the wind. at least by me there could be winds gusts up to 40 miles per hour which could cause serious drifting.

141. By Stephanie on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

alright, I’m really getting off now, talk to ya’ll later!

142. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I go to a pretty serious and major church– we are televised around the globe, and I cannot believe it– I already got my car unburied– so less to do in the morning.

143. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Well, I will watch the game from the start and not watch the first half later like I do every week– and eat, eat, and eat– winter could make me fat this year.

144. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

No, Fred, I think that is regular season– think about it, last three years we played them.

145. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Remember the New England game this year?

I turned on the set just as they went for it at the end of the 1st half. It was 4th and about 1, the Vikings decided to go for a touchdown rather that a field goal.

I didn’t know what to think at first.

Perhaps Childress figured if we can get this touchdown we’ll win the game. He was willing to take the gamble, probably because he knew he wasn’t going to coach much longer the way things were going!!!

146. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purp2, that’s weird about the Giants. I bet the NFL doesn’t take that kind of thing into consideration.

147. By paul on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Mid eighties in L.A.

148. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

we like the snow–it’s beautfiul

149. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Hey Frederick, we are going to demolish the Giants

150. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Change is hard.

In 1543 Capernacus discovered the earth revolved around the sun.

He was perceived as a threat by the church and imprisoned in his home
    for the rest of his life!

151. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The New York Giants might really be tired of traveling to Minnesota now.

The Vikings and Giants are supposed to play Sunday for the ninth time in the last 10 regular seasons, a scheduling quirk that has slated seven of those meetings – this year would be three in a row – for Minnesota.

With more than a foot of blowing snow falling in the Twin Cities area Saturday, the Giants’ charter flight was forced to land in Kansas City instead. The team settled in to spend the night there, with a plan in place to fly to Minnesota on Sunday morning and make it to the stadium in time for regularly scheduled kickoff at 1 p.m. EST.

152. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purp 2

Hopefully what we are seeing is a hot Vikings team playing a cold Giants team.

As I’ve mentioned before, they have played a light schedule this year compared to the Vikings.

153. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Fred, I believe his name was spelled — Copernicus

154. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

155. By Purple08 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Mr.Sniff,Stephanie,Fred Jones,Conner,Rice, and Nova Scotia. Where did you all come from? I have been blogging on here for 3 years and never read your posts before. You all suddenly appeared like… a month or two ago. You all seem to get along very well and love to stroke eachother often as if this was your own personal chat room. You tend to post comments admiring eachother and making light of anyone who disagrees with your mainstream thought process. Nova especially likes to come accross extra high and mighty. He likes to point out others spelling mistakes, even though he uses the word “are” when it should be “our”. Quite sad really. You guys need to get off your high horses and lose the sensitive, judgemental attitudes. You take yourselves so f’n seriously it is embarras sing. Nova, you are a clown for dumping on the CFL. It may be an inferior league in some ways, but it is still a league to be proud of for Canadians. It is not a league based on hype and marketing like the NFL.(that will be locked out next year) Typical Canadian, sh itting where he eats. No wonder there are no pro sports team east of Montreal. I guess you guys are to silly to see when someone is just messin’ with you.

156. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purp 2

I happened to watch Tom Coughlin’s presser. He said it would be bad if they couldn’t fly all the way to MN on Saturday. This could be good for the Vikings!!!

157. By Purple08 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Mr.Sniff,Stephanie,Fred Jones,Conner,Rice, and Nova Scotia. Where did you all come from? I have been blogging on here for 3 years and never read your posts before. You all suddenly appeared like… a month or two ago. You all seem to get along very well and love to s troke eachother often as if this was your own personal chat room. You tend to post comments admiring eachother and making light of anyone who disagrees with your mainstream thought process. Nova especially likes to come accross extra high and mighty. He likes to point out others spelling mistakes, even though he uses the word “are” when it should be “our”. Quite sad really. You guys need to get off your high horses and lose the sensitive, judgemental attitudes. You take yourselves so f’n seriously it is embarras sing. Nova, you are a clown for dumping on the CFL. It may be an inferior league in some ways, but it is still a league to be proud of for Canadians. It is not a league based on hype and marketing like the NFL.(that will be locked out next year) Typical Canadian, sh it ting where he eats. No wonder there are no pro sports team east of Montreal. I guess you guys are to silly to see when someone is just messin’ with you.

158. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

What’s up 08? Glad you didn’t mention my name in your rant. Why all the anger and hostility?

159. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

People with healthy self-esteem do not bring others down. Something happened to this guy. Who hurt you 08?

160. By Purple08 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

“Too” silly. I better correct myself before Nova comes on and points it out to his own delight.

161. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Fred– like I said earlier I hope the Giants don’t use the blizzard as an excuse when they lose.

162. By Paul on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Game moved to monday night, any one know what time?

163. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purple 08 Thank you for your post. Nova is a great guy. Most of the time he is just trying to be funny. Sometimes he is !!! He tends to use alot of one-liners.

The thing we all have to realize is that we are more alike than different. Just because you and I disagree…it doesn’t mean that we have to be disagreeable.

We have to take each others blogs with a grain of salt. It’s unusual to be able to give a complete thought on every subject, every single blog.

164. By Purple08 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I read how you chased old school off the site and thought that was pretty lame that’s all. I haven’t been on in awhile and just checked in to see what condition my condition was in.

165. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Paul, game moved to Monday night? Are you serious?

166. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Fred, it’s not unusual to be loved by anyone…
    It’s not unusual that you are always the peacemaker– you are a most kind and generous gentleman– I salute you!
    BLOGGER OF THE DAY– Fred Jones

167. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purple 08

I chased Old School off?

168. By Paul on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Yes just came across ESPN

169. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purp 2

Thank you! I bet you are right about the spelling of Capernicus.

170. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

It has been moved to Monday –wow.

171. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Favre will probably start– that’s almost two more days of rest.

172. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Frederick you and I go way back, you just don’t recognize me.

173. By Purple08 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Perhaps you are correct Freddy Baby. Well said. I sometimes just like to stir the pot for kicks and see what happens. I suppose that is what happens when you can post whatever comments you feel like at the time and not have to worry about any consequences. Product of the modern world we live in I guess. I do disagree with Nova for dumping on the CFL however, and I am a huge Favre hater and love to let everyone know it. One thing people need to realise is this is only sports and entertainment and not real life. I can dish it out but I can take it as well.

174. By mr smiff on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Does anyone have anything on Lorenzo Booker? I saw him give a brief interview after practice, and he sounds ready and eager. I just hope he can catch and block. Anyone?

175. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purple 08, you are progressing, must be the therapy.

176. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

PurplePride2 did you change your blog name?

177. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

178. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Need more clues?

179. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff,

The only things I know about Booker is what was in the papers.

He was leading the UFL in rushing average when he signed with the Vikings, and he has played 2 seasons in the NFL.

180. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

BSAS!!!

181. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Time for some sanity and love to be shown in this house!!!

182. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

perhaps it’s a secret.

183. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Did anyone happen to see Bill Brown and Dave Osborn when they played?

I’ve wondered since then if Clint Jones and Oscar Reed should have been playing instead.

But I don’t want to tread on a legend.

184. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Les Steckel has admitted that the Vikings should have fired him when they did. He went on to become the offensive coordinator for a Patriots Super Bowl team, among other pro and college jobs.

185. By mr smiff on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

BSS&LAB!!!! It’s you!!!! How could I hve missed that????

186. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

When Tarkenton was in the huddle he said he got lots of suggestions from offensive linemen, wide receivers, and running backs.

He was a great quarterback more because of his athletic abilities than his brainpower.

187. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Mr Smiff– you were the only one who asked where I was all week.

188. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Secret Agent Man, Secret Agent Man, llllllll

189. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Fred mentioned I had not been around today– I think Nova said something once, but that was when Sonja was sniffing the screen, and I think for a moment Nova was on to me.

190. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I think it was good to change names, that earlier spell had so much negativity surrounding Chilly– now we can move forward.

191. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I believe if you checked ALL the blogs, you would see that I asked where you were!

192. By Frederick Jones on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Who is FireD Childress?

193. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I did change my tone a little, but I wondered if anyone would catch on- – have to ask Nova, cause I thought he sensed something.

194. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Mr Smiff– my pastor is from Trinidad.

195. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, I believe there is an exercise in self-help books which tells you to imagine attending your own funeral and see what people would say about you. to see what type of legacy you left, if any at all. This week was a little like that. It was strange I felt so much part of the conversation– I knew about everyone, I mentioned Nova’s dog by name, etc and yet, no one seemed to guess I already knew all of you. I believe firedchildress is among us in the same fashion.

196. By mr smiff on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Really?

197. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Holy Batsh it, Batman.

What the heck did I say to anybody that could be considered condescending?

I may have only just started coming to these boards this week but I know for a fact that I have insulted anyone.

I would like Purple08 to man-up and retract my name from his list.

198. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Edit: …have NOT insulted…

199. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purple 08, where do I start? If I was to correct everyone’s english or grammar on this site I wouldn’t have time for a job. High and mighty, I’ll leave that up to everyone else. Pro sports east of Montreal? Did you ever hear of the AHL? Last time I looked, that was a pro league. There are 3 teams in the Maritimes. As for the CFL, it is a vastly inferior league.As for “SH1TT45G” where we eat, what has that to do with a “typical Canadian”. Get a grip.

200. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Who let the dogs out? WOOF WOOF! Who let the dogs out? WOOF WOOF!
    Come on Sonja, this one’s for you.

201. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Yes Fred , I remember Bill Brown and Dave Osborn…..the good old days!

202. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purple 08, come on back and we will debate.

203. By Arrow86 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

It’s too bad they couldn’t work out a better solution to get the game on Sunday night.

204. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Typical Canadian? What is a “typical American?” You show your ignorance just by using phrases like that.

205. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride2, I wasn’t sure if you were BSAS, I had a hunch.

206. By mr smiff on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Hey, Nova. What’s up?

207. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I knew it Nova– you are way too smart. The other day, you said something about BSAS and I held my breath like a child hiding in a closet– I was certain you knew it was me.

208. By Purplepride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

We are all here, our merry clan in our own chat room— ha ha ha.

209. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Hi folks. I haven’t seen Purple 08’s posts before. Maybe they wouldn’t let him use the prison computer.

210. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

If you are going to dump on someone, do it while they are on the blog Purple 08. I do.

211. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Mr Smiff, can’t they play that game in Trinidad?

212. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

This postponement really sucks. I have to be at the airport right arond halftime.

213. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

So it was a joke?

If it was to get me to come back, I can explain. You see its my computer…well not my computer, its my wife’s…umm, well you see my computer broke so I’m using my wife’s and she’s addicted to Pogo. So, I..I have to get off every once in a while.

Now, she’s in bed all curled up with our collie, Shelby. Has to work tomorrow, you see?

So now I’m back.

Hee Hee

214. By mr smiff on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I wish, but there’s no venue big enough, Nova. Sorry.

215. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

around*

216. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride, I liked BSAS better. Had a “ring” to it.

217. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Really Nova? I think Purplepride2 allowed me to lay low, incognito. Who did we chat with the other day and he was saying BSAS was a fool— that was funny.

218. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Nova, Purplepride, Frederick…basically all you bloggers,
    Does this delay help or hurt us? Gives Brett an additional day to heal….but also gives them a day too?

219. By Arrow86 on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I think it helps! Us more than them.

220. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know, Sue G.

I think it helps both teams but helps NY more and so is a net loss in my books.

The Giants have to recievers coming back and I think the extra day will help them more than one might help Brett.

I don’t think the gameplan might have to change a bit to compensate for a passing attack that may have or may not have been there before.

Plus, the fact that the stadium probably won’t be filled hurts us.

I just don’t know. I’m still optimistic but I just don’t feel the same as I did before the announcement.

221. By Ricefield on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Oops Edit: I meant to say “I think the gameplan will change but I started to say it differently and it all came out wrong.

222. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

It hurts me, SueG, I’ll be at the airport.

223. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Ricefield, I know it would have been an advantage if we had played Sunday at noon….but with the exra time off…I didn;t know howmany players the had listed as questionable.

224. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

You’re very welcome, Sue G.

225. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Could this help Hutchinson play?

226. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

I think you can make an argument both ways– for the Vikings, there are two main advantages– their key players that are questionable, inc Favre, Harvin, whomever get to heal, but more importantly, the Vikings are home– an extra day, means they just go home, be with their families, what have you. The Giants, on the other hand, have been traveling all over the midwest from early Saturday until mid-to late morning Sunday, then they have to stay in hotels, far from their loved ones, and their homes for an idle day. RICEFIELD– you made an interesting point, I had not considered — could the stadium be less than full? I don’t know– my guess is that most of the people with tickets will get there or sell to friends or relatives who can go– I am pretty sure the stadium will be full– those that have other engagements will make sure they get at least part of their money by selling– and I am sure in the Metro, there are enough people to fill that stadium.

227. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Probably not

228. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Nova Scotia Vike, Ricefield, and Sue G : Is there a way to have the posts update without having to re-post? I enjoy following the discussion, I’ve had some laughs and really like the tone you folks use.

229. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Just hit “refresh”, Arrow.

230. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Arrow86,

Refresh the page every minute or so.

231. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

I got it! I got it! I got it! Thanks! THanks! THanks!

232. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Arrow- merely hit the title of the blog, the new postings will appear.

233. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Or you could do that too.

234. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride,

You could be right, but in my experience when a weekend game gets pushed to a weeknight, a lot of folks who could otherwise attend can’t. Work schedules, babysitters for the kids, all kinds of things come into play on weeknights that don’t on weekends.

I’m sure some fans will sell their tickets and I’m hoping that there are people with enough free time to make the game buy them, but its a big deal. People look to the schedule for Monday Night Games and plan them weeks in advance. I just don’t think there is enough time.

235. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, I just believe there are enough friends and family of each ticket holder, that someone would be willing to go and sit in those seats– there are over 3 million in the metro area to fill 60 some thousand seats– plus we knew about it 8pm Saturday night– I think the stadium will be near capacity– there may be some empty seats, but I don’t think you need to worry– plus everyone will sit as close as possible to the field to scream at Eli anyway.

236. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

BSAS,
    Glad to see you back, am so sick of the negative people. The only chace we have is to sin out and leave it up to the “spoilers: to help us make it happen.

237. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

meant to say win out

238. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

LOL Purplepride,

You’re probably right. I’m just unfamiliar with how things work up here. Sometimes, I forget I’m not in St. Louis anymore.

I’m probably worrying over nothing. Thanks.

239. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

I don’t have to work tomorrow, (Other than my driveway.) But I did agree to come in Monday night cheer loud on my behalf. Oh, and Nova Scotia Vike!

240. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Too late here. I wish I could have had a “discussion” with Purple 08, but it must be past lockdown. Goodnight everyone, from that “High and mighty” NSV!

241. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: No one is complaining about the oppressive humidity in St. Louis tonight I’m sure.

242. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Sue, but I was here the last few days in disguise.

243. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Arrow,………KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

244. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Ain’t it da truth, ain’t it da truth, Arrow.

Oh and welcome to the boards.

245. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I don’t think it’s a prison he is in, more like a hospital, if you know what I mean.

246. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

BSAS…I know you won’t tell me, but what disguise?

247. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Well, we can enjoy the other games— here is who we must cheer on– Redskins over Tampa, Detroit over Green Bay, and New England over Chicago

248. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, good to hear your voice again????????????????????????????????. I can’t type out your combination name because of the time difference.Have a good night!

249. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Sue, of course I will tell you, I have nothing to hide– look carefully at my username, the answer lies within.

250. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Chicago’s field is a quagmyre. That is a huge homefield advantage.

251. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: You mentioned once living in St. Louis. Did you expect Sam Bradford being this good, this soon?

252. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride….Why????

253. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Arrow,

No I didn’t. But he will be one heck of a quarterback. I mean, they still have a losing record, I think, but Sam Bradford is having a heck of a season for a rookie and he’s looking good. The Rams may have franchise player on their hands.

254. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

He went into the Username Protection Program (UPP)

255. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Nova Scotia Vike: Are you flying out for work or vacation?

256. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Didn’t Bradford suffer last year from the same injury Favre has? Ricefield

257. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Why the username? Why incognito? Why did I say what I did under purprlepride? Why? Sue, you have to ask a little more than that– I am too analytical for such an open-ended question. But I will answer– it was nice to chat without all the preconceived notions other bloggers had of me from the chilly era.

258. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Very clever Nova and a ring of truth to it — protection from preconceived biases and unwarranted associations with simplified viewpoints of my actual stance

259. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Arrow, I have to pick someone up. No chance of THAT flight being diverted to K.C.

260. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Arrow,

I don’t really know. I moved up here about 5 or 6 years ago. Knowing we had Favre last year I didn’t pay much attention to the draft.

I confessed a little while ago that I’m more of a baseball fan than football, but don’t take that to mean that I don’t love football.

I followed the Rams back in the “Greatest Show on Turf” days but when Faulk retired and Warner was chased out because he committed the mortal sin of leading the team in prayer in the lockerroom before games and once said a quick one in the huddle. I lost all love for the team.

It was a sad sad day in St. Louis when Kurt Warner left.

261. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Nova Scotia Vike: Are Viking games carried up in Canada, or do you get them on a satelite?

262. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield: Are you a Twins fan yet? Does Duluth / Superior have a northern league baseball team? The Blues are big in St. Louis. Do you follow the UMD Bulldog hockey at all?

263. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

I’ll quit asking so many questions. I guess I’m like McCaulley Caulkin in “Uncle Buck”.

264. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Ricefield, I never heard that about Warner, is that true? What irony– Warner was so good because of his connection with God– he will tell you that and I know in my own life that connection. That is also why I knew Warner would retire for sure last year– he has his priorities straight– take care of his family rather than risk getting disabled. I was just reading about him yesterday– how when they beat the Titans in the last two minutes of the SB– he said he had a feeling of power flow through him he never knew on that last touchdown pass– now I wonder where that power came from? Power of Prayer Baby.

265. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

We’ll still be talking at kickoff. If you have the full cable package you get about 5-8 Games on Sunday and the Monday Nighter,Thursdays, etc. I get Sunday Ticket just in case I need it for the Vikes.

266. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Geez! I should be on the next thing smokin’ to Canada if I knew they had healthcare? And more football than we get down here.

267. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I think Sonja was suspicious of my posts all week– she could smell my writing, even though my username changed.

268. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Hmmm,

Well Arrow, I’m a StL Cardinals fan through and through. My wife and I made an agreement of sorts when I moved up here that I would become a Vikings fan if she became a Cardinals fan. So I’m as dedicated to the Vikings as I am my wife and she’s the same in reverse.

I don’t follow hockey all that closely but I understand that it is really big up here and once my wife told me that Bret Hull was a Bulldog, well I liked that. I’ll probably remain true to the Blues but like I said I don’t follow hockey as closely as I should.

269. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

My “Goodnights” are starting to become meaningless, and I have no-one to blame but myself!

270. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Yes, we have healthcare.

271. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

I’ve only been to about 2 or 3 hockey games, but loved them. No N.H.L. just high school, and junior league. I can’t stand watching it on t.v. though. Cards are a great ballclub. Have they locked up Pujols yet? He’d make a good fullback.

272. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

And I’ll need it if I don’t get some sleep.

273. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride (you don’t mind if I continue to call you that, do you?)

It’s absolutely true. The rookies didn’t like it so it became an issue and he was forced out.

274. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Good night and happy holidays to all!

275. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, keep your maiden name!

276. By Purple08 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Rice, you are correct, you should not have been on that list. HaHa Nova, I knew I could get your goat. Like I said before…just messin’ with you. I know all about the AHL, ECHL etc…Just wish you wouldn’t d ump on the CFL. Speaking of Canadians, I hope some of you got to see Georges St.Pierre destroy Josh Koschek(spelling?) tonight.(UFC) It was awesome. I tell you guys what…I will stop being a j erk if you guys will admit that Favre should not play another game for the Vikings again. P.S. Remember what T-Jack did last time he played the Giants?

277. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Rice, I never heard that story– thanks.

278. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY, PurplePride2 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I am thinking of changing it again.

279. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Arrow,

I don’t know. I really oughta check though. I usually concentrate on football during football season so I don’t keep track. I would think they would before end of next season and he becomes a free agent. The Sox and Yanks are licking their chops if the Cardinals don’t.

280. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Apology accepted Purple08.

281. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

I just read they have to turn the heat in the Dome up to 95 degrees to melt enough snow off the dome. Fans! Wear your loin cloth’s to the game!

282. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Purple 08, I don’t even think about the CFL. I’m sure some people enjoy it, its been around for 90 years.As for Favre starting, I leave that up to Frazier. Whatever he does is based on much more than I know.Did St. Pierre put a serious hurting on him?

283. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

How does Eastern Kentucky get to town for a basketball game against the Gophers, and the Giants act like they tried to hitch hike to the dome?

284. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

BS&S,LA,Purplepride 2: My advice, change it to Cybil.

285. By Arrow86 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Okay: Peace on earth, goodwill toward men. Goodnight Vike fans around the world.

286. By Purple08 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

He destroyed him. It went the full 5 rounds but by the end of it St.Pierre looked unmarked and Koschek looked like he was run through a meat grinder. His one eye was totally closed over like Rocky Balboa when they had to cut it open with a razor so he could see. St.Pierre looked better than ever. There is no one left for him to fight in that weight class. As for the CFL, I used to go and see the Als play live in the early 70’s. It was awesome back then. I have since become a huge NFL fan but there will always be a place in my heart for the CFL. Inferior as it may be.

287. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Arrow, that would not be accurate– my personality has not changed, just my name.

288. By Purple08 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

I gotta hit the hay. I will be back on here tomorrow after the game trash talking Favre or defending T-jack. One or the other. Merry Chris tmas.

289. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Goodnight ya’ll.

290. By Tim on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

2 bad Frances was not as big as his ego what a little twirp he is!!!!!

291. By Tim on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

The guy will say I 15 times n a one minute conversation got 2 be the most annoying sack of little **** u can listen 2!!!!!

292. By Ricefield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Arrow,

Concerning the Cardinals and Pujols,

A deal hasn’t been struck yet for Pujols but I’m pretty confident one will be made. They picked up Lance Berkman and dealt away Brendan Ryan.

It looks like they’re trying to beef up the lineup with more protection for Pujols and the only reason I can think of for that is that a deal to be made to keep Pujols.

293. By WL on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Most NFL players can hardly run after they retire, let alone play a full game.

294. By MF on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

As far as I’m concerned, Fran is the best QB that ever played the game. His stats don’t show it…but if they were to “recenter” stats to account for the changes made since he retired (more games/seasons, etc.) he’d be right up there. The “Purple People Eaters” era was great…but once they were retired the team changed. After Fran, the Vikes seem to make really bad decisions about personnel; they kept Kramer on the bench until he was almost past his prime…and they seem to be recruiting has-beens and old men.

295. By vikingbrett4 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Tarkenton’s not in anyone’s top 10..

296. By vikingbrett4 on Dec 14, 2010 | Reply

Tarkenton couldn’t carry Brett’s jockstrap…PERIOD!

2. Dec 11, 2010: Tarkenton In His Own Words | Vikings Stop Blog