Murphy Pleased With Camarillo’s Performance As Punt Returner

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 9, 2010 – 1:19 pm

The Vikings traded for Greg Camarillo earlier this season to fortify their depth at WR, but as it turns out Camarillo’s greatest contribution to the team has been as a punt returner. Vikings special teams coordinator Brian Murphy was complimentary of Camarillo when asked about him at today’s press conference.

“He’s lent a sense of stability back there,” Murphy said. “Great decision maker; very secure with the ball and pushes the ball up the field. That’s what you want out of your punt returner.”

In looking at his statistics, you won’t be blown away by Camarillo. He ranks 16th in the NFL with a return average of 8.8 yards, has 0 return TDs and his long return of the season is 22 yards. But perhaps more important than the ability to provide explosive returns in the punt game is the ability to bring stability to the role. In that regard, Camarillo has been perfect (0 fumbles this season).

“The whole object is to get the ball back to the offense,” Murphy explained. “If you’re not going to score with it, make sure that the offense gets a chance to line up on the next snap.”

Murphy added that Camarillo’s performance is even more impressive given the conditions the Vikings have seen throughout the year with cold-weather games at New England and at Chicago – plus the Vikings play at Philadelphia 3 weeks.

“The ability to have the guy back there, especially considering the outdoor games we have in tough conditions, he has played extremely well,” Murphy said.  “In some of those outdoor games, and I’m sure that Philadelphia is going to be no different that time of the year, you’re glad Greg Camarillo is back there to return punts because he’s going to give the ball back to the offense if we don’t score with it.”

Tags:

277 Responses to “Murphy Pleased With Camarillo’s Performance As Punt Returner”

1. By Carl K on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I still don’t understand why we gave away Reynaud?? Camarillo has great hands but Reynaud was a better punt and kick off returner. Reynaud could play wr and I thought he had a chance to be a solid 3rd down back. I am still scratching my head over that move.

2. By Justin on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Considering that 95% of the time Camarillo calls a fair catch, it doesn’t surprise me. He’s solid, but he has yet to break the mold and be impressive.

3. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Camarillo is one of the Vikings most impressive players! ! !

4. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

What happened to the 2009 Vikings?

THEY FORGOT HOW THEY WON.

Some players become impossible to coach when that happens.

5. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Coach Childress was partly to blame.

But not as much as the STAR PLAYERS.

6. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

One blogger actually said that Brad Childress wasn’t trying, and that he didn’t care whether they won or lost.

Let’s get something straight.

LOSSES EFFECT THE COACH MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE ON A TEAM! ! !

7. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

It was a good move to hire Coach Frazier, and hopefully in the long term too.

I hope he’s the Vikings coach for 20 years.

8. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

“Adrian Peterson won the game for the Vikings”

What about guys like Bryant McKinnie who was getting karate chopped in the head the whole game? ? ?

Who do you think opened holes for Pete????

9. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Like Coach Frazier said, “This was a great win for THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS.”

Emphasis was on THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS.

10. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred – what did you see out of Childress that made you think that football was anything other than a job to him? In every game and press conference you never see any emotion out of him. He constantly chose to lie to the press about important issues (the problems with Randy Moss is one example I can think of). And on the sidelines he was never seen attempting to motivate the players at all. The most we saw was him conversing (sometimes arguing) with his QB.

Just because losses affect the coach more than anyone else does not inheritantly mean that the coach cares more than anyone else about the outcome of the game. I can list at least 5 guys on the team who cared TONS more than Childress about the outcome, but I’m sure that you know who they are.

11. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Every NFL team has talent.

The team that works together wins in the NFL.

12. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred – And don’t you agree that the Head Coach is much more responsible than anyone else for ensuring that the team works together?

13. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Purple: Welcome to the blog.

It’s hard to know where to begin, because we seem to be on polar opposites regarding coaching.

I hope we can disagree, but not be disagreeable.

You are a regular blogger, and have heard all of these topics discussed. There really isn’t much else to say.

I disagree that Childress lied.

14. By Carl K on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred- yes there is paraody in the NFL, but I do not believe each team is equally talented.

15. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred – In a presser that was held hours before news got out that Moss was cut, Childress said that there were no problems with Randy Moss. Do you really think that he can change his mind that quickly on such an important issue?

16. By Justin on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Would be nice for once if we didn’t hear the word “Childress” in a blog totally not related to him.

17. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Justin I agree.

Purple I have enjoyed some of your blogs before. I value your opinion.

In the case with Moss, the coach did not want to tell the press before he told his own team!

18. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Carl K, No I do not believe that all NFL teams have the same amount of talent, but every team (absolutely every team), has extremely talented players.

The difference in the games often comes down to how well the players work together.

The Coach is important. He’s not as important as the star players.

19. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred – In situations like that, caches have the overused phrase “I’m not going to talk about that right now.” This (or some variation of it) was used in pressers by Childress in response to more questions than it wasn’t. So I will not accept the excuse that he wanted to talk to his players first, when the fact is that he flat-out lied to the press just before he pulled a Red McCombs on the team and its fans. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt up until the events of that week played out, but the way he handled everything with the team in that whole week made it clear to me that he is a poor decision maker, poor role model and overall a poor coach.

Funny this is I keep on calling him poor, but the guy is making millions now to do nothing…

20. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Purple, I did see that blog. One of the things the coach said was, “He plays when he wants to play.”

A guy like that is cancer. You have to eradicate it immediately or it spreads.

21. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred – That “cancer” was common knowledge long before we traded for him. If you don’t want the cancer, then why do you pick up the cigarrette? It’s precisely that kind of decision making that I can’t stand from Childress.

22. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

If everyone agreed with me (or with you), we would never learn anything. If I hire a coaching staff, some of them need to have a different view of things, or we are doomed.

Vince Lombardi cut guys without talking to management. He’s in the Hall of Fame. I don’t blame Brad for the way he handled the situation, although certainly I like to think I would have talked to the Wilfs. But that’s hind sight.

23. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Purple–Was it Brad’s decision to pick up Moss?

24. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

One writer wrote a piece about how the Vikings need to have one person as the GM, rather than the three-headed monster we have now.

I do think that the coach needs to be in charge. Brad did not have enough authority, and I bet Frazier doesn’t either.

25. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I’m sure he had a large say in the matter. If it wasn’t Childress’ decision to get him, then why did he have the last say in cutting him?

26. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

It’s not really fair to say that an Interim does not have enough authority. At least he is getting the team more exited to play than Childress was. If he is good enough to develop authority, we should keep him. Otherwise, we need to be looking for someone else.

Maybe the team can handle a two headed monster?

27. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Remember when Billy Parcells brought the Patriots to the Super Bowl. He knew that he was finished after that game. He had disagreements with management.

After that incident, Parcells was determined not to take a head coaching job, unless a GM job was included.

He is not the only coach who had that attitude. Read about Mike Holmgren in Seattle, for another one of many coaches with this idea.

28. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Purple, yes they may need to work it out somehow.

I hope Frazier is the coach for 20 years.

29. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

All that is telling me is that Childress wants to be as good as guys like Parcells and Homgren. The thing is that both of their problems emerged AFTER they made the trip to the Super Bowl.

30. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

The Lions, and Chiefs are examples of what can happen if the coach is fired every other year. The guy the Lions have now seems okay, but will he get a chance to develop his team?

How about the Chicago, St Louis, Phoenix, and Arizona Cardinals? What a mess that franchise has been.

31. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred, I like Frazier, but he needs to earn the right to be here for 20 years first ;)

32. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

It was their TEAM that had the problem. The coaches are excellent.

33. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I thought the Arizona Cardinals were in Phoenix?

34. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Detroit is a tough place to win, the reasons go beyond just the coaches and players.

They do have a handful of great young players. They may be a dangerous team in the very near future. But not if they fire the coach every couple of years.

35. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Purple, I assume they just moved the stadium.

36. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I just get ticked when an organization fires a winning coach. Perhaps I am not always logical about it.

37. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

And I am on the other end of that spectrum as well – I get ticked off when an organization does not recognize that the same-old recipe has gone stale. The NFL is constantly adjusting and the coach needs to adjust with it. When it has become apparant that the coach either is not adjusting, or is adjusting the wrong way you need to find someone new.

Even if someone is perfect now, they will not be perfect forever. This goes for coaches and players. An organization that can recognize when that change is occuring is going to earn a lot of respect from me.

38. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I’ve gotta leave for a few hours now, but I’ll be back to argue with you more later tonight Fred!

HAG1

39. By Spence on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

lol- is this guy serious. camarillo has been a sub para PR. put joe webb back there instead. camarillo rarely makes the first guy miss and once he does he gets tackled immedately. this article is a joke

40. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Back to Camarillo: I like that he seems to take a few more fair catches than most return guys, and is pretty selective when he decided to run. He seems to reduce his risk of fumbling. When he runs, he takes it pretty much North -South reducing foolish penalties. Granted, no one will confuse him with Devin Hester. As far as his offensive numbers are concerned, I don’t think he was brought in to be Chris Carter, but last year he had 50 catches, and I don’t feel the Vikings have gotten him out their enough or thrown to him enough. A quality possession receiver, and a very intelligent person.

41. By CaribooBill on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

It must be possible to find a punt returner who makes good decisions, is consistent and can return it to the house. I hope we aren’t settling for something less than that.

42. By Shawn on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred … seriously what are you talking about … Chilly brought us into the season without a number 1 reciever , he got Moss knowing he suffers from foot in mouth , ant then cut him for talking.

43. By Shawn on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

@Fred … if your leader a guy paid to WIN … cuts your best reciever, to replace him with a Philly cast off, Greg Lewis who should be a number 6 reciever not a starter … if I was on the team I would think WOW OUR COACH DOESNT WANT TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!

44. By Shawn on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

@fred …. and you can look at the team just quit on him and get worse and worse until he got fired … FRAZIER IS THE COACH NOW AND WE HAVE PLAYED SOLID …. granted against the skins and bills but we won … and we won a road game for the first time in how long . HOW DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT CHILLY?

45. By Shawn on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Lions record at home last 3 years 4-18

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

C’mon fred stop bashing Moss… stop praising Chilly and WATCH A GAME.

46. By paul on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Wobschall, What cold weather games? Those games are just begining.

47. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Mike’s obviously a southerner of the type that feels like any temp below 70 has the potential for frostbite.

48. By GWViking on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Maybe we should have a coaches union and the coaches should go on strike for having to deal with these over paid, under educated dumbazz over paid players.

49. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Given time, and a shared vision with ownership and management, Frazier will get to bring in guys that are more to what his vision of Viking football should be. In saying that, I would be suprised if he made any wholesale substitutions. I look forward to seeing what he looks for in his future Vikings.

Deion Sanders is calling out Moss tonight on N.F.L. network. He said in pregame that if he (Sanders) were a coach or G.M. he would bring Moss in and find out what he needs to be motivated, but he doesn’t see motivation in Randy right now. Remember, Deion Sanders was rarely ever embarrassed on a football field, but Moss made him look like a clown every time they lined up across from each other.

50. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

GW Viking: I agree with your sentiment about player pay. In what other career or industry do people on the production line make more than the C.E.O’s and people in the board room? If any of us made multiple times the money of our bosses , who among us would really respect their authority?

51. By marcus on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

do anybody think the vikings might go after vince young if on the market after this year? i think young is done with titans!!!!

52. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, interesting take, although I would extend your analogy for more accuracy and perhaps, a better understanding of why the players make more than their coaches, bosses– then again we know the players do not make more than the owners– most owners are billionaires. Your comparison is based on the claim of referencing the players as production line workers. I would go further and say the players are the product. So, the real question is not what worker makes more than their CEO, but what CEO can make anything without a marketable and highly demanded product?

53. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Marcus: I love the upside of Vince Young. N.F.L. network feels Bud “The Spud” Adams the owner of the Titans is on the side of V.Y. and will possibly fire Fischer at the end of the season. Bud died a few years back but continues to breathe for the sole purpose of trying to stick it to the city of Houston. He has said, that he wants to win a Super Bowl with a Houston guy at quarterback. Fischer has stood up for Vince Young when he went through a rollercoaster of personal problems. Fischer raced all over Nashville like a maniac when no one could contact V.Y. and family and friends felt Vince was suicidal, and this is how Young treats Fischer? Coach Frazier may have a Dungy-like influence on the troubled side of Young, but I don’t think Frazier has enough equity built up if things would go bad with Vince Young.

54. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Well played Purplepride… Well played…………………….LOL

55. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Conner. How is the weather down in Iowa?

56. By mr smiff on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Just saw the Titans-Colts game. I understand Britt is back, but the Titans didn’t really use Moss at all. What’s up with that?

57. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Mr Smiff is in the house!!

58. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Mr.Smiff: Island friend, do you know if Moss’s poor performance in Tennessee could cost the Vikes more compensation? Or are the Vikes off the hook either way?

59. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I just read Jen Sterger says she will not sue favre if the NFL punishes him– that she is not after money, but want an admission of wrongdoing. Wow.

60. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, Cornfield friend– ha ha ha, that is how your Island Friend comment sounds.

61. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Maybe that hit by Buffalo was planned so Favre would not play for a few games– at the same time the league suspends him– nothing would surprise me. Who knows what goes on behind these tall and very expensive closed doors of the NFL? Who knows who the Puppet Master really is? Who knows?

62. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Where there is lots of money, there is lots of power.

63. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

If Favre is not sued, than who is paying Jen Sterger? Someone is paying her to ruin Favre’s legacy.

64. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Where there is action, there is motivation. What is the motivation behind the news we read and see?

65. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

To determine motivation, ask who benefits and how.

66. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

A fmeale point if view..whci will pi$$ alot of women..This woman has tried to extort $ form Brett. But everything is already out there. She is out for the $…that’s it. I

67. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Sterger to her credit was semi-famous on her own modelling and sideline hostessing for the Jets. By making this an issue for Favre two years later, she’s made herself far more relevant / famous, and she’ll be able to demand more money for her legitimate efforts as a model. She doesn’t need his money now that she’s known by far more people.

68. By Robins on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I liked it last year when Percy ran the ball all the way back for a touchdown. Camarillo should try that! The fact that he doesn’t fumble is great but he also needs to get us better yardage and maybe a touchdown or two. Try it, you might like it. The Titans gave the game away tonight. Penalties and a big fumble and the last time they had the ball they took way too much time. Bad time management. Their coach should be fired next.

69. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Sue G. You get the prize for tonight’s question– however, if she says she will not sue if the NFL punishes Favre, who is paying her? That is the question that remains– and what my last 7 posts were referring to.

70. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Sue: I love getting your viewpoint. In her profession as a model or t.v. personality, she has to self-promote so more people will tune in, she’ll make a lot more money. Favre is just her way to get that money.

71. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, excellent point– you get an A- The Cornfields are beating the city folk mightily. Come on urban dwellers, let’s wake up and get some enlightenment posted on these blogs.

72. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride: Are you a concert pianist on the side? Or do you type 600 w.p.m.? You posted 7 times in about 30 seconds!

73. By Robins on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Sterger needs to get a job, make her own money, and leave Brett alone. I hope all rich men pay attention and learn from this. I hope Goodell ignores the witch. Yes she is famous now but she still wants Brett’s money. Get a life witch.

74. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Robins, good analysis– I read the comment by Murphy, the special teams coach, that said the goal is to get the ball into the offense hands and Camirillo does an excellent job– Tell, me, am I wrong, or I thought the goal of the punt returner is to get the best possible field position — of in other words, run as many yards as possible and create a short field for the offense– of course, the best case scenario is a TD.

75. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am everything. And more.

76. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know how old Jenn Sterger is. I’ve never even seen a program with her on it, or heard her speak. I’m guessing she will have about 3-4 more years to her career. She needs to make as much money now as she can. Four years from now, when someone says “Jenn Sterger” even those of us posting tonight will probably be scratching our heads trying to remember who she was.

77. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Sterger will eventually make a movie and Kevin Bacon will play Favre.

78. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride: Punt returns for TD’s are among the most exciting plays in football. One of the things that I’m seeing with Camarillo is that when the punt is short, he seems to charge the ball for the fair catch, instead of allowing the ball to bounce and roll for 15 to 20 yards. He also runs straight ahead. This makes it easier for his teammates to block and not get a block in the back penalty. The waterbug the Redskins had was fast and exciting, but on his touchdown that was called back, he ran 20 yards sideways and put his teammates in a bad position to block. This actually pinned the Skins deeper in their (I learned that is the correct usage somewhere recently.) own end.

79. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, you learned well on the use of “their.” It was I that showed you a trick to remember that– so it must have worked. Thanks for the punt return lesson.

80. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Then again, I reread my post on the punt return, and I stand by it.

81. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

BLOGGER POLL++++ BLOGGER POLL++++++

If a movie were made about Jen Sterger and Brett Favre, which actors would be best suited for the roles? And what would be a good title for the movie?

82. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

ALL HANDS ON DECK ==== ALL HANDS ON DECK+++
    We need creative minds.

83. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I would say Angeline Jolie for Jen, and Brad Pitt for Brett.

84. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Abe Vagoda will play the role of Favre. You’re good Purplepride at many things, but a casting director, you’re not.

85. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

No wait

86. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Russel Crowe for Brett

87. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Good question Purplepride – wish I were more in tune with current actors. The Sterger role could probably be filled by any bimbo actress with a rack, but you’d probably want someone famous for Brett.

What if Brett plays himself? He’s acted in plenty of commercials (plus the cameo in There’s Something About Mary), maybe he’s ready to take it to the next level?

88. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

From what I’ve heard, the title could be: “Crocs, and crocs of $hit!

89. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am directing the fun and festivities– as MC, I am not suppose to steal the prize, so of course I am not going to give the best answers– that is the subtle, clever ways of the MC.

90. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

How about Charlie Sheen for Brett? He’s kind of got that swagger to him…

91. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am directing the fun and festivities– but as MC, I am not suppose to steal the prize, so of course I am not going to give the best answers– that is the subtle, clever ways of the MC.

92. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am directing the fun and festivities– but being the MC, I am not suppose to steal the prize, so of course I am not going to give the best answers– that is the subtle, clever ways of the MC.

93. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am directing the fun and festivities– but since I’m the MC, I am not suppose to steal the prize, so of course I am not going to give the best answers– that is the subtle, clever ways of the MC.

94. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Charlie Sheen, interesting.

95. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am directing the fun and festivities– but as MC, I’m not suppose to steal the prize, so of course I am not going to give the best answers– that is the subtle, clever ways of the MC.

96. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am directing the fun and festivities– but as MC, I am not supposed to steal the prize, so of course I am not going to give the best answers– that is the subtle, clever ways of the MC.

97. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Hey– what the — how did I get so much repetition?

98. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am directing the fun and festivities– but as MC, I am not suppose to steal the prize, so of course I am not going to give the best answer– that is the subtle, clever ways of the MC.

99. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am directing the fun and festivities– but as MC, I am not suppose to steal the prize, so of course I am not going to give the best answers– that is the subtle, clever way of the MC.

100. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

ohhh…you mean we weren’t playing “reposting the same message as often as we can with a slight change?”

101. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

That is goofy– it looked like it didn’t go through and then I tried to repost a few times–that was not intentional. Too bad we can not delete our own postings, at least within a short time period — it’s like email — once it’s sent, it’s public domain.

102. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Find what’s different in each message!

103. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

No– I thought it did not go through because it thought I was swearing– who knows what word– and then after duplicate, I changed one word to send it through. Of course, I would not repeat a post — not one like that– that sounds obnoxious.

104. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Okay, back to football.

105. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

It does, that’s why I felt I needed to take advantage of you with it :P

106. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Football, yea – Jen Sterger is a Bîtch!

Wait….that’s not football either…

107. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody, that is a fun game you invented, like Where’s Waldo in the Sunday comics. Genius

108. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Sure enough– touche.

109. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride: It was fun, but for a minute I thought you had a studdering problem.

110. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Well, if we win these next two games against very worthy opponents, we will, unfortunately, know what might have been this year had a Frazier or other coach been in charge from the start. Giants are 8-4, Bears are 9-3– they don’t get a lot better than these two coming to our house the next two Sundays.

111. By Ricefield on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

The million dollar question is:

Can Jen Sterger carry his jockstrap?

112. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Well for the subject of the blog, I think we could do a lot worse than Camarillo at PR. So he’s not a huge playmaker, but at least he doesn’t make mistakes, we have plenty of problems in that area without adding extra numbers in the PR game.

113. By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, Conner, Conner, what do you mean? mean? mean?

114. By Conner on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Yes, these next two will be a good barometer.

115. By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Nice Purplepride, but I CAN stutter at a 41-word-per repetition interval!

116. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I agree Purple Parody– look at Reggie Bush, a dynamic big play runner, and last season’s NFC championship, he fumbled on the return– the one where we should have scored but Favre and Peterson mishandled the exchange. Better to have no mistakes at that part of the game– better to be sound fundamentally and slowly methodically control the clock– and have a nasty, dominating defense. Does not have to be pretty or clever- just an exertion of will.

117. By Conner on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Purpleparody: I honestly don’t think Camarillo is thrilled to be filling this role. But for him to get on the field consistently in any way possible, he had to jump at this opportunity. Otherwise he becomes totally irrelevant as a professional football player.

118. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I am getting tired, I think I typed too much.

119. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Connor – I have been disappointed with how little we have been utilizing Camarillo. With the troubles we were having at WR, and all the praise that I was hearing from Dolphin fans about this guy after we traded for him I was certain that he’d be picking up a lot of the slack. Instead we have been going with players like Lewis who drops the ball more than he catches it. I believe that the only thing that kept him on the team from last year was the game-winning TD catch against the 49ers, an enormous fluke that he will never even get close to duplicating in the rest of his career.

120. By Conner on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Purplepride: Have a good night. Your humor is ideal for working with kids by day. Keep supporting the purple!

121. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

“Working with kids by day”?

Is he a superhero by night, or does he just visit a lot of colorful clubs?

122. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody, we have underused a lot of our resources– but Farzier seems determined in a pragmatic way to get us a win every week.

123. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Superhero, hm? That is a funny one.

124. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Lol – way to dodge the gay inference.

125. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Maybe I did type too fast and make too many posts– I just received an email from this site telling me I requested a subscription to WordPress ( the system behind this blog?) — but I did not. Maybe during my concerto of 600 w.p.m., I inadvertently hit a button on this page, requesting a service I do not want. HEY+++++++++ATTENTION++++++++ , maybe that is what happened to Favre? He was in the bathroom, at the urinal, his Blackberry fell out of his pant pocket, then, hit the floor, set off the camera, and inadvertently, hit speed dial, and sent Jen a message– all the while, Favre taking care of business.

126. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

That still raises the question, why was Jenn on the speed dial in the first place?

127. By Conner on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Let’s hope we can get at least 3 of our 6 injured players back in practice at least in a limited participation tomorrow.

128. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Who are the six you’re talking about? I can think of five: Harvin, Favre, Gerhart, Hutchinson, Edwards. Is Peterson on your list? Cause I thought he seemed ready to go last week. Otherwise the only player I can think of is Anthony Hererra, and he has been sidelined for the remainder of the season.

129. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, please, I just got our beloved QB out of trouble and you complicate the matter– in a court of law, I merely would say Favre was one of the leaders and a captain of the team and it would be routine for Jen to communicate with some of the top athletes for PR purposes. Oh, your honor, I am not sure why the photo is a direct shot, maybe the phone did not land on the floor, it is entirely possible it flipped onto the top of the urinal and then slowly, it skied down the interior of the urninal, taking photos as it slid.

130. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Where are Fred, Nova, and the rest of the gang? I am going to call it a night. It has been fun, it has been real, but this Superhero needs to shut the computer off.

131. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Oh, I just saw a picture of Pee Wee on an Internet news story– he could play Brett in the movie!!

132. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

LOL – that is a funny post….and a disturbing image.

Wouldn’t it be an easier excuse to just say that Mike McCarthy sent Aaron Rodgers over to NY one night on a secret ops mission, where he snuck into Favre’s locker during practice, took his phone and snapped some shots of his own dîng-dóñg and sent them to Jenn? I mean really, have these photos even gone to florensics yet to prove that they are shots of Brett’s talley-whácker?

133. By Conner on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Tyrell Johnson did not participate. I think it did show A.P. participated in practice in a limited capacity today. Have a good night guys.

134. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Well Johnson isn’t noticably better than 2 or 3 other safeties that have been watching from the bench. He’s the least of our worries. I’d prefer to see Ian Johnson back on the field before Tyrell.

Night Conner!

135. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody– equally funny, although using names of Hostess’ snacks does not make it any less wild of an idea than my camera floating down the urinal– you do bring up a point I keep saying– who gains from this and how? Why are they(sterger and the lawyer) so adamant now (2 yrs later) that Favre be suspended and she will not sue? Who is paying her to do this? Who wants to ruin Favre’s legacy? I do wonder — if Sterger were so hurt and really harassed, why wait two years? Favre has been gone for that whole time, so she was not worried about running into him at the “office.” I don’t know, something does not add up– and PurpleParody, I wondered too– when will forensics come out and determine the true owner of that ho ho?

136. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I am gone too, promise– this blog can be addictive– its almost 1am!!!
    Night all.

137. By viking/lakers Purple&gold on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

where were all you people before chiily got fired?????? all of a sudden!!!!!!!!

138. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody. do you ever shut up?

139. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

How subtle and clever you are.

140. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Go ahead, steal the 1st prize for subtlety, after repeating yourself 7 times. Clever,too.

141. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Why does this happen?….By Purplepride2 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

By PurpleParody on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am directing the fun and festivities– but as MC, I’m not suppose to steal the prize, so of course I am not going to give the best answers– that is the subtle, clever ways of the MC………..WHICH PURPLE ARE YOU?

142. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

But you are (both?) right abouy $terger.

143. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

About*, it’s 7:30 here and I haven’t had a coffee yet. I apologize. KKKKKKIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL EEEEELLLLLLLIIIIIIII

144. By David Plowman on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

You know the reason this article is a joke. Mike the reporter is a joke. Do the same as was done to chilly. Get a person that can bring better stories to this blog. He needs to ask the tough questions, like why was Reynard traded, why are there not better players on the practice squad and others. This reporter for the vikings is a joke.

145. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Nova, Sorry, that multiple posting was completely unintentional– as I tried to explain– once I posted, the site did not show my posting, but went to the top of the blog– which usually means the site thought I swore and did not post it. So I kept going back and hitting post and still would not show my post– then it said duplicate, and I said, right, and went and changed a word– then behold, I looked the fool with multiple postings– no way I would have repeated a post like that– it was over the top and fun for one time, but made me look pretentious repeated.

146. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Nova, have your coffee and take a chill pill.

147. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

NOVA– THANK YOU!!!!! Last night it was nearly 1am and I was shocked at seeing double, triple, and then multiples of my post— Now, as you point out, PurpleParody was mocking me and did all those multiples. I believe I did it twice. Quiet sinister, Parody, quite sinister– you only got away with it for three reasons– I knew I may have hit it twice, I was tired and scanned quickly– and three is related to two– our first part of our names are identical. I have to keep an eye on that Parody fellow, for sure.

148. By Frederick Jones on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

SHAWN,

Its about 24 hours later, but here goes:

I read most of your e-mails about me supposedly praising Childress, and knocking Moss.

The point I have constantly been trying to make ever since I started writing on this blog is the old saying “The coach gets too much credit when his team wins, and too much blame when his team loses.”

Since I was a head coach, for many years, I know how it feels. AND I WAS NOT ONE OF THESE COACHES THAT COACHED FOR JUST ONE PLACE. I had the experience of moving to different places, and dealing with strange politics and attitudes.

149. By Frederick Jones on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

—THE COACH GETS TOO MUCH CREDIT WHEN HIS TEAM WINS, AND TOO MUCH BLAME WHEN HIS TEAM LOSES! ! !

150. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Frederick Jones, take it easy. You cannot teach a bird to swim.

151. By Frederick Jones on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

A friend of mine took teams to state for many years, right from the start of his coaching career.

In the recent past, this same team is one of the dog teams in their league. The do not win many games.

That’s when he became a real coach. That’s when he really had to reach down and coach kids.

152. By Frederick Jones on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

PurplePride2: You can if it’s a duck!

153. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Or a Penguin.

154. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

You cannot teach a Penguin to fly!

155. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Oh fun, are we going to see how many birds we can name now? How about geese and pelicans?

156. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Maybe not, but I bet I could teach a penguin to drown!

157. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, you had fun last night– I am not sleepy now, so don’t even try.

158. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Frederick Jones, your posts are always insightful and accurately hit the mark of truth. I enjoy reading your wisdom.

159. By Frederick Jones on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Purple pride and parody,

That is funny comedic stuff!

160. By Frederick Jones on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Purple Pride 2!

161. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I haven’t tried anything…just adding to the “intelligence” of the conversation.

162. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Don’t try too hard, you might not be left with much.

163. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Frederick Jones, you speak the truth and some people CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH.

164. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, I am referring to how you duplicated my comment last night. Because our usernames begin the same, you fooled me last night– a very rare occurrence, so drink it in and enjoy.

165. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Don’t be so certain Pride. I have more tricks that I’m sure will get you to scratch your head for a while if I wanted to use them.

166. By Football Star on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Fred- I want to know why everyone blames Childress? I mean everyone thinks it is the head coaches fault but even when you watch the games you can see that players just plain out don’t listen to the man. The game against the Packers, Ray Edwards started yelling at Chris Cook. What kind of teamwork is that? He is a rookie who is working his butt off just to get in the game and now he doesn’t even get dressed because Ray Edwards picks a fight with the kid. I don’t blame any head coach for this. I only blame the ones who believe they are “Stars” and don’t have to listen to anybody but themselves.

167. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Ha ha ha, Parody you are a riot, that’s for certain.

168. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I think Fred has multiple personalities.

169. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Why don’t we start a Bring Back Childress campaign while we are reminiscing?

170. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Chilly wasn’t all bad, but was he the Penguin that tried to fly?

171. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I wish we had a penguin exhibit at the zoo.

172. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

He was the dodo that became extinct.

173. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Someone spotted a dodo the other day near Eden Prairie Mall, I think.

174. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I am anxious to see how our team plays Sunday– sure we had a nice road win, and a blowout at home, but now we face two teams that are near the top of the NFL– maybe not THE top, but they are in the first ring suburbs of the Big Boys. Will we demolish the Giants and Bears? Or will we struggle? POLL is now open!

175. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

We seem to be in Eli’s head, but there’s a lot of room in there.

176. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Giants will be tougher than the Bears, but so long as Frazier can continue to keep the players’ heads where they ought to be we should win both home games. Against the Giants by 3-4 and beating the bears by 6-9.

177. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Oh yea, Eli loves coming to MN. Something about the atmosphere just pumps him up for a big game every time we play!

178. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Cutler had the game of his life the other week, that won’t happen again.

179. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Unfortunately, I think are playoff hopes will be extinguished this weekend.

180. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Interesting. Veeerrrrrrry interesting Parody. I will take your insights into consideration before I give my final prognosis of the games. I actually thought the Bears would be tougher, considering they are our rival– both teams have great defenses. We seem to play the Giants a lot– almost every year, why is that?

181. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

our*

182. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

We are already in Eli’s head– he is already thinking turnovers. Maybe he is having a Penguin complex.

183. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

NOVA– THANK YOU!!!!

184. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

This was our year to play the NFC East.

185. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

We can still sweep the NFC East, wouldn’t that be something!

186. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Just coincidence Pride. The schedules are set up so teams play the team from each division who finished in the same place within the division. So say the Vikings and Giants both won the division, then they play eachother next year. Likewise if they both came in 3rd place in the division, and so on.

Then there just happened to be those years where we didn’t finish in the same spot but our divisions were matched up against eachother anyways. Since there are only 3 other divisions in the NFC, we’ll play one another once every 3-years regardless.

187. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

No problem, PurplePride, I was on my way to work this morning and just had a quick look at the blog.

188. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I was schooled in the way they make the schedule by a coworker some time back, but it does seem we have played the Giants almost every year– we played them last year and I think the year before, didn’t we? Does anyone remember that playoff game in New York, where we scored twice in under two minutes at the end to win at the end– it was Denny Green’s first playoff win.

189. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Nova, having lunch with Sonja, are we?

190. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

No, PurplePride, it’s 2:30 here, I always leave work early on Friday. But Sonja does appreciate you mentioning her.

191. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

She would thank you herself, but her typing isn’t that great.

192. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Where’s Fred Jones?

193. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Then again, I can’t grind up and swallow a prime rib bone, we all have our own talents.

194. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Don’t know, haven’t seen BSAS here lately either.

195. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

She probably needs a special keyboard, with pawsize keys.

196. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Ha ha ha — funny one Nova!

197. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, now there is a clever one.

198. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

It just sickens me to have to think of us as spoilers.

199. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

We get the Giants every week up here on cable, I can’t stand them. Before I got Sunday ticket, it was the Giants or Patriots. I learned to hate them both.

200. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Are you kidding? His main message was “we’ll win every game so long as the fans continue to send happy rays of sunshine towards the players with their thoughts!”

That really sounds clever to you? I got the same kinds of message back when I was a toddler when my parents plugged me down in front of Sesame Street for a few hours…

201. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I like the Giants over the Pats any day. I loved that Superbowl where the Giants creamed the great undefeated Patriots.

202. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Come on Nova, Patriots aren’t half bad. For a few years now I have been trying to decide on an AFC team to root for, (an excuse to watch more football) and the Patriots have been one of my top considerations.

I still haven’t been able to come to a conclusion though…no other team hits home nearly as well as the Vikings.

203. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

That Giant defense is tough. I will say this, if TJack plays, he will throw a pick for every quarter he plays.

204. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Wow, polar opposites again! Giants are one of my most hated teams…right up there under the Packers, Browns and Redskins.

205. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, I did not see the rays of sunshine post– that was Fred?

206. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Polar opposites? Maybe there really are Penguins at their keyboards today.

207. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

It is so nice here today Nova, I think it is Spring.

208. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

No, that was BSAS – the guy you two have been missing:

By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, now there is a clever one.

209. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Back in the 70’s, when we first got cable, the only Sunday game was the Patriots, and they STUNK. They were forced down our throats, thats how I came to despise them.Better than the CFL, though!

210. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

It still hasn’t snowed here, the weekend is going to be close to 50 degrees.

211. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Cable existed back in the 70s? Wow, if you had it then you must have been the most popular house on the block!

212. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Nice Nova– today we are in the upper 20s I think and sunny.

213. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, I don’t recall BSAS writing about happy rays of sunshine–nope, he never wrote that.

214. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

In those days we only had NBC and ABC. The CBC showed one NFL game on Sundays at 2 our time. So if the Vikings played a 5 o’clock playoff game, I couldn’t watch it. Drove me insane.

215. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

so it was a parahrase…I wasn’t in the mood to go back a few weeks to find an exact quote where he claimed that it was thoughts that fans have towards the team which are the main catalyst in the game’s final result.

216. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

That plus he was one of those guys that acted as if he was being paid to try and change fans’ minds in favor of Childress.

217. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Okay Parody– Parody are you in the Twin Cities? I just looked at accuweather– the storm they predicted a day or two ago– now it looks pretty major– maybe a foot or more of snow starting tonight through Sunday morning.

218. By for4nomore on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Great news everyone, Brett Almighty actually practiced some today. That is so AWESOME!!!!!! I don’t care if he couldn’t throw the ball 10 feet and had to hand off left handed, the guy is just so amazing. I hope he comes back next year!!!

219. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

You guys must get awfully tired of all that snow.

220. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Pride – I’m actually in the Cloud. So far this year, the weather has been dodging right around us on its path to the Cities. But yea, that storm was SUPPOSED to be here last night – which I only knew of because a professor cancelled a class expecting the weather men to be accurate for once.

I can handle the snow though, if it comes. I’ve got a Firebird, which is fun as Hèll to drive in this stuff!

221. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Naw nova, I grew up in the snow. It’s been a few years since we got so much nice snow here. I’m about ready to go out and by myself a snowmobile to take advantage of it while it’s here!

222. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

for4 – I think we’re getting mixed messages from you – last I remember you were making fun Mr. Silver Fox for even trying to keep playing in this brutal sport…

223. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

My VW was horrible in the snow till I bought some Norwegian tires meant for snow and ice and now I plough past SUVs— its all in the tires. Tires were expensive, but so worth it. Or are they Finnish? One of the Scandinavian countries where the weather might be worse than MN.

224. By for4nomore on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody
    I’ve seen the Light. You guys are right, Brett’s the most awesome thing in the whole universe and without him our team might suffer from a winning record.

225. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Tires don’t make a big difference for me. Sometimes I like having worn out tires…plowing past the SUVs with my back waving at them as on the way by!

226. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Nova, this winter started early– we had 10 inches on Nov 13–usually we have no snow till Thanksgiving (Nov 24 or so) and then it melts and we have a week or two without snow till early to mid December– this winter is already long– but we will probably have an early Spring like we did this year.

227. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I think for4 might be a packer fan, which is unusual because I would have thought that all the swamps in Wisconsin would be frozen by now. Apparently not, a packer fan was able to stick his head up.

228. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Got it for4 – I just had to make sure. The sarcasm meter wasn’t reading anything on your initial post. No worries though, it’s going ballistic now.

229. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, I have not been in the Cloud forever– I heard it really has grown– so has Rochester– one day the Twin Cities will extend from Rochester to St. Cloud.

230. By for4nomore on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Nova
    How many games did TJ win as a starter two years ago? How many have the Vikes won this year?

231. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Pride, the only problem is that the Twin Cities will be crowded with mosques all the way through to make your prophecy happen.

232. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Nova – A quetion just crossed my mind – are Chevrolets popular cars up where you live?

233. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

For4, I look at it this way: Frazier wants to win, badly. By doing so he has a good shot at a HC job somewhere next year. He wants to start Favre. He knows more about the team than we do, he wants to win, so why is he not playing TJack?

234. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Popular with me, Parody. I have owned 2 Corvettes.

235. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

LoL – not quite the model I had in mind, but definately a better choice!

236. By for4nomore on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I have no idea, I’d play TJ. I’m starting to think it’s in Favre’s contract that he’s guaranteed a starting spot up until 300 at least.

237. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

No tires make a Vette driveable in the snow, though.

238. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, tires make no difference to you, but your car is waving all over? Wow, put down the Sesame Street.

239. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I think Parody is quite young.

240. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I bet if you go Mexican with it, modifying it with huge shocks and monster truck sized tires it would be able to handle a few inches!

241. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I’ve watched these guys since 68, and I just can’t see TJack taking us anywhere. We need a QB badly.

242. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Pride – are you telling me that you don’t like to skid around a corner? Let the car spin out and still maintain control of it? I think it’s a blast, especially when you have witnesses!

243. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Nova, do you get much snow?

244. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I had to drive my /91 triple black convertible once about 2 miles in the snow. It was like trying to drive a frisbee.

245. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, I think when the car is skidding, you have lost a part of control of the car– maybe you can do that in the Cloud, but I live in a busy area, near Uptown in Minneapolis– I like not having bodywork done.

246. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Nova, my VW would not move after a stop at a light– then I got the elite tires from Norway, and I have better traction than the UPS man.

247. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

No, Pride, we rarely get snow before Chr1stmas. A lot of rain, however. Kind of like Seattle East.

248. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Pride – If you are trying to make it skid, and the skidding ends when you want it to, I think that still qualifies as control – it just appears to be something else.

249. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

One thing though, like Parody mentioned, these weather forecasts can be so off– I remember enough big warnings of 10 inches of snow, and then find the storm “tracked” differently than expected and maybe we get 3 inches. I have a feeling, though, this is the BIG one.

250. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Pride – I had to drive a front-wheel drive car in about 4-6 inches of snow a couple years back, and had the same problem when trying to make a left turn at a light. It was a fight just to get the car moving around that corner. On the other hand, I knew that I could have gotten the right momentum built up by sending my Bird’s tail around behind me. It’s something that takes some learning, but has its advantages.

251. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Snow is why God invented rum.

252. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Where are you at Pride? How much did that first wave affect you? I heard that there was a good foot in places around the TC.

253. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I am just west of Lake Calhoun by about a mile– if you know where that is. What wave do you mean? Yesterday we got a dusting.

254. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Maybe rum is why God invented snow.

255. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Purple my VW is front wheel drive– that is why I splurged on those expensive Norwegian tires– I was skeptical, but the salesperson was so right–I have a totally different car than before– I have to make a note on the brand, in case I live in Mpls for a while yet, so I can always have those tires.

256. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

The Lake Calhoun that I know of is in Spicer, right next to the major lake of the city (Green Lake). By the looks of the map, a mile West would be either on the border of or inside of Green Lake. So I’m guessing that I have the wrong Calhoun…

257. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

What is the brand name of the tires?

258. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis– I am on the edge of Mpls, about 7 minutes from downtown by highway 100 and 394– hardly where you are looking on the map. Nova– I don’t recall the name– I think it starts with an N.

259. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Okay, I just found the Calhoun in MPLS. I used to live about 4 miles west of you.

The SNOW I was talking about was a few weeks before Thanksgiving, when people actually had to pull their shovels out for the first time. You should have been right in the center of it all.

260. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

If you guys get bored, try googling “Halifax Explosion”. We just had the 93rd anniversary of that occurance. It will “blow you away”.

261. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

You guys celebrate being the location of the World’s Biggest Accident?

262. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

We don’t celebrate it, but we don’t forget it either. You guys don’t “celebrate” Pearl Harbour, do you?

263. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

So Nova, probably a stüpid question, but do you know what the relevance of the following sentence is:

“Quiet Nèrds Burp Only Near School, Mable.”

264. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

No, but I just was wondering why you pointed it out if it is not something to be proud of? It just dropped out of left field…

265. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Because outside of Canada, it’s not well known. Of course here it’s all over the news because of the anniversary. Just thought you might find it interesting.

266. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Parody, that snow I mentioned a few posts before — Nov 13, we had 10 inches. Way too early for that. One thing, Parody, how could you live in the metro, and not know Lake Calhoun? Not criticizing, but that is strange— Lake Calhoun, Lake Harriet, Lake of the Isles– that area is the place to be in summer. So you must have lived in Hopkins?

267. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Nova, I read about that once– I love Canada.

268. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I give up on your question, Parody.

269. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Harvin listed as doubtful. We are in trouble without him.

270. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

If you’re still looking for Fred, he’s on the new blog.

271. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Pride – Yea I lived in Hopkins. There’s an apartment complex on HWY 7 just west of 169 that I camped out in for a year.

Sorry about the Calhoun mistake – the name of the lake was familiar but I wasn’t sure why. So I googled it and the one in Spicer turned up. Since I lived just South of Spicer for so many years I assumed that was why it was familiar. I feel like a dolt now for not knowing better.

272. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Nova – it was a Simpsons reference for how to remember the 4 original provinces of Canada (forget the Mable part – another goof by me today, so 2 if you’re keeping count).

Anyways, just stupid talk to try to re-energize the conversation.

273. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I know that area — there are some run down apartments near there, hope you didn’t live in those.

274. By PurpleParody on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

I think it was one of the better ones – at least it should have been at the price I was paying. It shares borders with the members only golf course.

275. By Purplepride2 on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Oh, not what I was thinking. Anyway, I think this blog is about done– will be on the other ones.

276. By Lito on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

INo injury excuses Vikes. Next man up. s it really hard for the Vikings to design a single play for Joe Webb?

2. Dec 9, 2010: Murphy Pleased With Camarillo’s Performance As Punt Returner | Vikings Stop Blog