Notes From Frazier’s Monday Press Conference

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 6, 2010 – 1:40 pm

Vikings Interim Head Coach Leslie Frazier met with reporters early Monday afternoon for his usual day-after-the-game press conference and during his opening remarks he noted that Sunday’s victory over the Buffalo Bills marked back-to-back wins for his club and he also pointed to the energy of the home crowd as the “impetus for the type of effort” the Vikings gave.

“We had great energy from our fans,” Frazier said. “You saw the results. Our team really played Vikings football. We talk all the time about being a physical, running football team on offense and that was on display yesterday. We did a great job of being able to rush for over 200 yards; I think we had over 40 carries.

“Our special teams really stepped up. Had a number of drives where we pinned their team inside the 20. Great job of setting up our defense.”

Frazier said the defense was “on fire” in forcing 4 turnovers and allowing the offense to score points off of those turnovers. Frazier also said it was good to see the defensive front four playing aggressively, with  Jared Allen and Brian Robison providing pressure from the edge and DT Kevin Williams causing havoc in the middle.

“For all of us that have watched Minnesota Vikings football,” Frazier said, “when our defense and defensive line is pressuring the quarterback the way we did yesterday, we’re a hard defense for people to score on. Yesterday was no different. It was just a great effort – Antoine Winfield, E.J. Henderson, Jared Allen, Brian Robison, guys just stepping up all across the board.”

A few other notes from Frazier’s press conference…

– Frazier said that QB Brett Favre has a SC sprain and will be under constant evaluation. He said Favre will probably be “day-to-day” as the week goes on.

– Adrian Peterson came out of the game “in pretty good shape,” Frazier said. Toby Gerhart strained a hamstring, Steve Hutchinson is still day-to-day, Tyrell Johnson tweaked his knee and it could be an MCL but should be fine.

– Frazier confirmed that RB Lorenzo Booker will be signed by the Vikings today and that a corresponding roster move will be made to make room for Booker on the roster. It sounds like the Vikings are hopeful Booker can help the offense immediately, perhaps on 3rd downs.

– Frazier said one of the most encouraging parts of Tarvaris Jackson’s performance in place of Favre was the way he responded following his first INT, which was returned for a TD. Frazier also said he told Jackson that the next offensive play was going to be a pass, which is what happened and Jackson ended up completing it.

– Percy Harvin is “in good spirits” following his battle with migraines last week.

– Ray Edwards (ankle) will be day-to-day this week as well and Frazier said he’ll be the starter when he’s healthy enough to play.

Tags: , ,

312 Responses to “Notes From Frazier’s Monday Press Conference”

1. By Bruce on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I’ve been feeling bad for Favre lately. He has been getting HAMMERED all this season because of poor protection. Sunday’s hit was really bad and that guy was more interedted in hurting Favre than just sacking him and you could tell that by the ferocity of his hit. That being said, I’m still disappointed in Childress letting Chester Taylor go. That guy was a GREAT pass blocker and protected Favre really well last season when he was in for the plays. It’s too bad this offense is letting Favre get beat up so bad in his last year of playing. If anything they should be going the extra mile every play for a guy that is 41 and wants to win for them as bad as he does.

2. By Bruce on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

COME ON YOU GUYS, PROTECT FAVRE LIKE IT WAS YOUR NEWBORN BABY FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON AND LET HIM HAVE SOME FUN BEFORE HE RETIRES. HE HAS GIVEN US ALL A LOT OF ENTERTAINMENT OVER THESE 20 YEARS AND HE DESERVES BETTER!

3. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Amen Bruce.

4. By IronMan on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

That hit was really bad on favre looked like he wanted to kill him. That said i really wanted to see favre play i know he is better than this and this just shows how bad our o line is allowing that type of hit from behind

5. By vikes blogger on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

http://cole-wolvesvikingsblog.blogspot.com/ for everything vikings and timberwolves

6. By Canadian Vikes fan on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I really don’t understand why Frazier keeps going back to Favre? Trust me, I love Brett and will always appreciate what he did for the team last year, but the past is the past and he’s clearly not the same. This season is over anyways, there is NO reason to still start Favre, besides some stupid streak. Play Tarvaris the rest of the year. If he plays really well, then maybe there’s hope after all. If he sucks and we lose out, then we get a higher pick in the draft. It’s a win win.

7. By Bruce on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Favre in’t playing for the streak just to add a couple more games on. At this point it doesn’t make any difference. If he really wanted to extend the streak he would play another year or two. There have been a few QBs that have played at an older age than Favre and are not as durable as Favre. So it isn’t about that at all. He just loves playing the game and he doesn’t want to play his last season by giving up. The season is lost for playoff hopes but he still wants to win and that is a TRUE football player.

8. By Jason P. on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I agree that the protection should be better. I mean when you have two tackles that are 6’8 and 300 plus the QB should have enough time to make his read and make the throw. I wish the guys could step it up for Brett he only has a few games left and I would love to see him go out winning!! After 20 yrs.of giving the game all he’s got I think he deserves it. SKOL VIKINGS !!! BARoooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. By Bruce on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I would run a few wildcat situations with Webb though. Webb has great promise.

10. By Jason P. on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I totaly agree Bruce,he is a TRUE FOOTBALL PLAYER !!!! I know that I’m a little biased,but I think he’s the greatest!! And I think his records will never be broken. [The part about being biased,I'm from Mississippi]

11. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

ONE MORE YEAR, ONE MORE YEAR, ONE MORE YEAR, FAVRE 2011

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

One thing I’ve noticed is that some of the ideas on the blog have come true, even though I thought they were far out at the time. I sure do not know everything.

13. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Another thing I’ve noticed is that far out comments get noticed.

So get ready for my next one.

It will make some of you angry, and you will want to attack me.

It’s not personal, it is how I have felt for many years.

Here it comes…

14. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

If you blame COACH CHILDRESS for what has happened to the Vikings this year, then do not ever…

ever…

become a COACH.

Because it will drive you crazy if you get a losing team.

Do not EVER coach. Do the players a favor!!!

15. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Thank God Fred, after that build-up I thought that you were coming out of the closet or something.

16. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Too bad Chili never took your advice!

17. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

What happened to Childress has been happening since they invented football.

A team wins big, and has a great record.

THE NEXT YEAR THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW THEY GOT IT DONE!

It is AMAZING what gets into players heads after they win.

Then you can’t coach them anymore.

18. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

What gets into coaches heads? Chili probably thought he was the next Lombardi.

19. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Coaches can get big egos too, Chili is a case in point.

20. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Wow, Fred. You speak the truth. But the past is the past. But there is a possibility of playoffs still– check out a blog called NFC roundup or something a few blogs down from this one— it gives the exact scenario of WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS– I believe Justin broke it down nicely, and it is possible– but we need Washington to beat the Giants– that has to happen. Can it? Anything is possible.

21. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, even the most eternal optimist would look at that breakdown and shake their head.

22. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

NOVA, that is a good point.

The coach has only the team in mind. Because he benefits from the team doing well. That is really the only way a coach can succeed!

The players have themselves and the team. They can succeed without the team somewhat, the coach cannot.

The coach sees the BIG picture. Players usually are only concerned about areas that concern them.

23. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

The reason I mentioned Chili’s ego was basically his unilateral decision about Moss. That showed me, and Zygi I believe, that someone was getting a little “too big for their britches”.

24. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, Yes it is in the past. It will also happen in the future. Hopefully not in Minnesota.

The KC Cheifs fired Mackovic and later Shottenhiemer. Both men were winners. I was very upset both times, even though I am not a Chiefs fan.

People think they know. But they don’t.

25. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova, that certainly could be true. However, coaching being what it is, there may have been some other things going on.

I wish we had Moss’s ability, without the attitude.

26. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I can’t prove it, but don’t you get the feeling that Moss and Frazier would have clicked?

27. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Frazier seems to me a man of strong faith, like Fred and Sane.

28. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova, That’s an interesting point. Frazier may have been a good coach for Moss.

Remember the problems Denny Green had with Randy Moss. That might even have been why Green had to leave Minnesota. A contributing factor!

“The Randy Ratio” Unbelievable!

29. By Canadian Vikes Fan on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

HE just loves the game, HE doesn’t want to play HIS last season by giving up. That’s fine but when it’s to the point that he’s actually hurting the team then who cares about how many years he’s played and what he’s earned. Look at what’s best for the team, not what’s best for Brett Favre

30. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, all that talk about religion yesterday, which got out of hand, I avoided. Mostly because I don’t think this is the proper place for that kind of discussion. But I find it interesting that a very good friend of mine, several years ago, a confirmed atheist, asked to see a priest while on his deathbed. I have read that this is a very common occurance. Interesting that people will look in that direction when all is lost.

31. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova, We have talked about just about everything on this blog, even a certain dog named Sonia!

32. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Canadian Vikes Fan, HE’S hurting the team? If you saw that hit yesterday I would say it’s the other way around.

33. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I’m really hoping Brad Childress gets a job coaching in the CFL next year!

Maybe they could start a franchise in Vancouver!!!

34. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Sonja doesn’t get into religious discussions unless they involve prime rib.

35. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Fred, they have one. The B.C. Lions.

36. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

That’s a good idea Fred. He would be as far away from me as possible.

37. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, thanks for keeping it real– See, Nova, I am so good to that dog, and I always spell her name correctly— not Sonia, not Sophie— SONJA!
    I hope I got that right. Trouble is, Nova, most people mistake faith at the core of a person for religion. I am NOT a religious person. But my faith is who I am, it is in my being— as it says in the book of Acts— in Him, I live, I move, I have my being– Sane paraphrase. One thing, I am who I am– but I am not pushy. I did notice last night some of the people were getting riled and judgmental– I once was without a faith walk– and when people preached at me, it did one thing, it made me walk away. Okay, back to the playoff issue. We need a miracle.

38. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

prime rib– ha ha ha — man am I hungry. I have not eaten since I cycled 10 miles in the living room a few hours ago.

39. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

You should have a restaurant somewhere along your route.

40. By Canadian Vikes Fan on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

NovaScotia Vike, do I need to remind you of all the games the Vikes have lost this year as a direct result of a Favre turnover? Pick 6 vs the Pack, Pick 6 vs the Jets, his 2 awful picks in the redzone against Miami, all games that they easily could have won without his awful decison making. All that + a 4-7 record + stated that he won’t play for the team next year + Vikings should be preparing for next year = Favre still starting games? I don’t understand..

41. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova…he’s the funny one. While BSAS is the philosopher. I guess that makes me the know-it-all.

42. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Canadian Vike might be right. Unfortunately we cannot replay those games, and we have to trust our current coach. Frazier has coached under the best, and is very bright. He reminds me of a modern-day Bud Grant.

We have to trust the coach’s judgement.

43. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Canadian Vikes Fan, it should be obvious that TJack does not figure into the Vike’s long-term plans. He has been repeatedly passed over and will be again next week. That must tell him something.

44. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Give me a break!
    Insane and Fred- all you 2 do is stroke one antoher…..Get a frikkin motel room…..you 2 are the last ones I would ever consult for the TRUTH!

45. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

CVF, what part of the country are you in?

46. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Start quoting scripture and speaking in tongues….how’s about some good old fashioned rattlesnake handling….might do good for your souls………

47. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

BTW Insane and Fred……..feel free to just go on out and git yerselves some rattlers……ferget the gloves….don’t be sissies…….

48. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I do remember the Jets game very well– we were being killed by field position– even though the Jets offense kept getting into our red zone, our defense held– and the first five times the Jets got in the red zone, they only could get field goals. Then Favre connected with Moss for the 500th TD throw of his career — and game was on! With 20 minutes left we went from 0 on the scoreboard to 20 points– and then, yes, the interception– but at the Jets in the rain, on a cold night, I do not see many QBs having that kind of poise– Favre is still great– he cannot win games alone– could Tavaris brought us out of that hole in New York, or would he have panicked? Favre cannot win games alone and he cannot lose games alone– Stop blaming one of the greatest quarterbacks in modern times!!!

49. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey Rocksalt, how are you doing?

50. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Yesterday one of our bloggers…

…actually said “AP won the game for the Vikings.”

C’mon man! This ain’t playing catch in the backyard! ! !

51. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I would be better if we had fired Poindexter before our season was sh!t…….now our wins will simply prevent us from a good draft pick…..ie …QB

52. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

C’mon man!

53. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Just say no to Vick!

54. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Rocks, read some of my blogs from earlier in this blog.

Meanwhile, Frederick has to run!!!

55. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

C’mon what?

56. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

run like the wind……..

57. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Anyone read my post about the Jets game? Scroll back a couple. Same applies to the AP comment.

58. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

ride like the wind

59. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

They just announced on MNF that Don Meredith just died.

60. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

WE CRUSHED THE BILLS!……..WHOOOPEE! WE BEAT ANOTHER BOTTOM DWELLER! YAY! ON TO THE STUPOR BOWL! YAY!

61. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Rest in Peace Dandy Don!

62. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I used to love it when he would say ” No Howard, you’re wrong”!

63. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I guess somebody “turned out the lights, the party’s over”. Yes, RIP.

64. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Howard Cosell & Dandy Don…….they just don’t make them like that anymore

65. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt, what are you talking about? lol.

66. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

How are you RockSalt, and all the little RockSalts?

67. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

bout what Stephanie?

68. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

sorry Rocksalt, you posted several other comments before I got my post in. I was talking about your first couple of comments. anyways, is anyone watching the Jets/Patriots game?

69. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I was just joking around Rocksalt.

70. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

fine Nova…..thank you for asking about my crystalline family……how are you my friend?

71. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Oh, about the speaking in tongues and snake wrangling………well, if’n we are fixin ta talk religious like, then I figgures we better git the TRUE faith in…….

72. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I’m Ok…..hated to hear about Meredith….they haven’t got anythihg close nowadays when it comes to broadcasters.

73. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I see Rocksalt. I suppose we better not talk about religion on a sports blog because that never seems to go well, lol.

74. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Yes Stephanie, N.E. just kicked a field goal. Awfully windy there.

75. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Hi Stephanie. No, I am busy working. Although it’s time for a break — hearing that Sonja is having prime rib is making me hungry-

76. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

If’n y’all BELIEVE STONGLY ENUFF, THEN Y’ALL ARE SAFE FROM THE SERPENT……..IF’N YER FAITH WAIVERS, THEN Y’ALL ARE FIXIN’ TA BE POISONED………

77. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Y’ALL JUS BETTA BULEEVE NOW……….

78. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Broncos fired their head coach! That’s three in the past 5 weeks.

79. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I’m not sure if I care who wins, but I’m not a big fan of the Patriots and I don’t like Billichick or Brady, so I guess I want the Jets to win. Rocksalt are you being serious or are you joking? I can’t tell. :)

80. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Just Jokin……….

81. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Be Sane, who’s Sonja?

82. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

That’s bad. The Broncos were winning me a lot of money this year.

83. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Just makin light of the religious conversion thing……

84. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Broncos coach fired, huh? Is that a record of how many head coaches have been fired during the season? probably not, but that does seem like a lot.

85. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Sonja is my EXTREMELY spoiled doberman, Stephanie.

86. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

TRUE BELIEVERS UNITE……..AMEN!

87. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

TRUE FANS………..UNITE!!!!

88. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova-Is Sonja line bred or conformation bred?

89. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I’ve tried to post a couple times and it’s not posting my comments. has anyone else had this problem at times?

90. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

She is line bred, RS, I got her from a breeder in Boston, but I made sure she wasn’t a Pats fan

91. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Good call, Nova

92. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

that’s good Nova, we wouldn’t want her to be a Pats fan. I can’t stand the Patriots!

93. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie-
    Yes, there are certain inane words or phrases that trigger a robotically stupid response that must automatically block certain combinations of letters, words

94. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Happens occasionally, Stephanie, just keep trying.

95. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova-BSNS-Stephanie: “Turn out the lights, the party’s o-ver!” I already miss Don Meredith. I’m glad Sonja is getting a little prime rib. When my Boris got into a good 1/4 pound chunk a year ago, within a week his fur was like chrome it was so shiney. It’s been a great day despite the weather with a good Vike win, and the (True ‘Viking” believers) on the post!

96. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

so my husband is watching the movie “The Expendables” so I can’t watch the game. oddly enough, I’m more into football than my husband. What would you guys rather watch? The Expendables (a true “guy” movie) or the Pats/Jets game?

97. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Yesterday proved you can say “tits” on this blog, but not Chr1stmas. Unbelieveable.

98. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

lol Nova. yeah, it’s kind of frustrating when you write several sentences and then it doesn’t show up, so you try to post it again and it says “oops, you’ve already posted that.”

99. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, leave him and come to Canada.

100. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

RIP, Dandy Don.

101. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Evening Rocksalt: I didn’t mean to omit you from the earlier greeting.

102. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

10-0 Pats.

103. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: The hubby is okay, when he comes in the house screaming “Honey I got us two kick- a $ $ seats to Guys and Dolls!” then you have a problem.

104. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Mark Sanchez has to be the most over-rated QB in the N.F.L.

105. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, that was good!

106. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

There are ways around the blog glitches– hit the back button on your operating system, and, voila, there is your post– if it says duplicate comment, merely make a change, it can be as subtle as a comma or one extra word.

107. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

lol Nova…tempting but I don’t think I’d want to move to Canada. there are a lot of great things about my husband, but the one thing I wish is that he’d be more into sports than he is. He’s a man’s man when it comes to movies, hunting, etc. but I’m the one jumping off the coach during games or glued to the TV while he’s on the computer in the office. I really can’t complain too much though. I’m pretty blessed with him. can’t have it all!

108. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

He is, Nova.

109. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

thanks for the suggestions Sane.

110. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, it really depends on the TV thing on who is playing– I hate TV, I only watch Vikings, and DVDs, so I don’t have cable- I cannot watch MNF anyway, at least at home. The only thing — the football season, like everything in life, goes so fast, so I would be probe to at least have the game on, I might not be glued to the TV, but I would keep an ear on it.

111. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Luck be a lady tonight…

112. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

My God Stephanie, I wish you were single!

113. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

OOPS– probe? ” would probably”— is what that last post should have said– no, it was not about an alien movie

114. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I tried, but here is the wikpedia site on Dobermans

115. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

All the good ones are taken.

116. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff: How goes the constant battle as to which SPF sunblock to wear in Trinidad! Good to have you aboard tonight. I have to have my nightly weather report from the island.

117. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

basically bred to be guard dogs

118. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Sane, I know what you mean. It depends on who’s playing. I’m not one to watch football all day long. although if it’s a good game between to good teams I find it exciting to watch those games that come down to the wire. Nova, you’d have to get to know me first before you’d wish I was single, lol. you don’t even know how old I am ;)

119. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Sane: Did that make your sphinkter tingle? LOL I don’t know why I’m so obnoxious tonight.

120. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: We’ve already covered it. Nova is the guy in the Dos X’s commericial saying, “I don’t always drink beer, but when i do, I drink Dos X’s. Stay thirsty my friends.”

121. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Yes, Stephanie, I caught the last part of the Steelers game last night and that was so close– disappointing to see the Ravens lose– I missed most of the game, though–

122. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I’m 29 by the way. the one thing I’ve learned about marriage is that there’s always something about the other person that will drive you nuts at times, but every marriage is like that. I’ve learned to focus on the good things about my husband instead of nagging him about any negatives. and also learn to have fun and not take yourself too seriously!

123. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

17-0 Pats

124. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner-maybe you and BS neec the motel room

125. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, what the heck was that question?

126. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Be Sane, that was some game! although I didn’t see it all either. but I watched parts of it and saw the end which was very exciting. i didn’t really care who won, but sometimes it’s less stressful that way!

127. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I learned to focus on the good points of my ex-wife, it took me 6 seconds.

128. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Let’s face it, we have seen it coming most of the season– a bit of a surprise, but it looks like the Patriots will be playing in Jerry’s house — the other side of the Superbowl, I am not so sure– maybe Atlanta, New Orleans, or….

129. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

lol Nova, there are more fish in the sea.

130. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

131. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

You know, Peyton Manning blew his 3rd straight game with multiple picks. No calls whatsoever for him to be benched, and a lot of pundits, an@lysts and sportscasters are out there making excuses for him. Favre, on the other hand, is the world’s oldest whipping boy. Sigh…

132. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

ahhh!!! I can’t stand the Patriots! I know I know, I need to get over it. I really hope they don’t go to the superbowl.

133. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

You got me Rocksalt! HA! It’s all good…

134. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I don’t even remember what I was doing– actually my Internet went out– it was not just me, but parts of the city– funny, I felt like I was missing an appendage without Internet. I couldn’t even get through to my provider for several hours– and they have automated systems– never had a busy signal before like last night– everyone in western Minneapolis must have been calling.

135. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Time for the Vikies to abandon the “RECYCLE OLD QB PLAN”……….C’mon man!

136. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey Mr Smiff!! Welcome aboard.

137. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

as long as you all are happy…….its ok by me.

138. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

RockSalt, it is true that back in the day they were basically guard dogs. Nowadays, they can make great family pets, but they are all different in temperment. I have one that is a big pu$$ycat.

139. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Don’t worry Stephanie, the Pats won’t be in the Super Bowl. If the Ravens get a crack at em, they’ll take em to the woodshed!

140. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff I know what you mean! Manning has had 11 INTS in 3 games straight, but nobody is saying bench him! I would stick up for Manning and say that several of his receivers have been injured and he’s had several new guys to plug in. It seemed like he didn’t know where his receivers were going to be many times yesterday, not on the same page. hmmmm, who does that remind me of????

141. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Mr smiff goes to washington……

142. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, we are in the rainy season right now, but the weather has been excellent of late. If it holds up this weekend, I might hit the beach!

143. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner I hope you’re right! I don’t think Ray Lewis has won a superbowl yet, has he? I’d like to see him get a ring.

144. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova-
    I do not mean to cast aspersions on any breed(I own Pitbulls!) But I do not believe that line bred animals are free of their respective line bred chartacteristics…….i.e. I would not try and make a doberman a retreiver, and vice versa…….

145. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Unless you’re a suicidal Standard Poodle!

146. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Thanks, BSS&LAB! Stephanie, Ray-Ray was SB MVP in 2000.

147. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff you’re right about Manning. In part, people can be more level headed in Indy. Manning has led their team to a couple Super Bowls and won one. They’ve won so much in recent years, it was bound to catch up with them (low draft order). But also, as bad as it looks now for Indy they are still in the hunt for the playoffs. BS&S my question was a laim attempt at humor over the “probe” typo. I make worse typo’s than that, accept my apology.

148. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

As a matter of fact, I would encourage their line bred characteristics(legally) in order to make the breed healthy and happy

149. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Line-breeding can be dangerous if it goes back too many generations. You have to be careful. Sonja would not make a good retriever, very intelligent but a tad high-strung.

150. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: How can anyone forget the Trent Dilfer years in Baltimore. Ray Lewis got the ring! Billick was coach. COme to think of it, with all the Viking assistants (Tomlin, Dungy, Billick) getting Super Bowl rings, can’t we at least claim 1 1/2 Super Bowls?

151. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff…I can’t believe I didn’t know that! I thought he was in a superbowl, but I forgot he won one. whenever someone doesn’t know a football stat, they say “just ask Steph, she’ll know.” lol.

152. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

My pitbulls are gentle well adjusted dogs that would not make for good guard dogs, yet their play is not “go get the ball” their play is “chew and tug on the ball”

153. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

She wouldn’t make a good lapdog either.

154. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I don’t think that any team can beat the Patriots in New England– Steelers looked so so at New Orleans and the Steelers handled the Ravens at Baltimore— I realize that kind of logic never works in the NFL— but if I had to bet who would make the Superbowl, I would only confidently pick the Pats — the NFC I am not so sure– waiting for the Vikes to slide into the playoffs.

155. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova-
    I would be vewry careful about making a doberman into a retriever…can my dogs adapt tpo do that? surte, but it is not what they were bred for

156. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, your humor is weird, but that is why it’s humor. No need to apologize– I rarely take offense— look at all the posts aimed at me over the past few weeks– some very nasty comments, I brush it off.

157. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, are you sure you don’t want to marry me? I love your eyes, your lips, your football knowledge…….

158. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

wow, I forgot Trent Dilfer was a Raven. I thought he was with the Bucs when he won a superbowl? I’m off my game. One thing I know is that it is not absolutely imperative to have a great QB to win a superbowl, but it sure does help. Rothliserger played terrible in his first superbowl win (a couple pics and no TDs I think) and the defense won it for the Steelers that year. but it’s hard to win a superbowl if your QB plays terrible.

159. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

my dogs are very good lapdogs, although I do not encourage that behavior since they each are 70 lbs…..

160. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

all your comments make me laugh Nova.

161. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Boris wants to be my lapdog, but at 138# we respect each other’s space.

162. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

It happens, Steph. And I meant “of the 2000 Ravens”. The SB was played in 2001.

163. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

most dog problems strem from peoples inabiltiy to understand the SPECIFIC nature of the breed…….and to respond accordingly……..

164. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

No, Sonja has her paws full just doing what she does. I live in a very nice neighborhood, but in the last ten years every house on my street has had at least one attempted B&E, except mine. Her reputation is enough.

165. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I saw that SB. The refs scr3wed over the Seahawks.

166. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: It’s okay, it’s been 10 years. Since you mentioned the “Pirates of the Pewter Pants – Bucks” Brad Johnson was their QB when they won the Super Bowl, Randall McDanial right guard, and Chris Hovan their defensive tackle.

167. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

yuck, Patriots 23, Jets 3.

168. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Stephanie, people should realize that when you lose your sense of humor, you lose everything.

169. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

24-3 Pats. I’m hoping they get soem bad weather or something in the second half to make the game a little more interesting.

170. By Rocksalt on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Boris must be either a mastiff or a great dane, or a st bernard

171. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Dilfer’s 38. Bring him in next year as Favre’s back-up.

172. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

LOL…I just tried to post something and it took me to a page that said “you’re posting too quickly, slow down!”

173. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

24-3 Pats. I don’t think Rex Ryan will be putting on any wigs at his next presser.

174. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I can’t put my finger on why I dislike Mark Sanchez so much. He really has done a good job for such a young qb. He’s only in his second season, but he has a healthy team around him. A very good receiving core, a respectable O-line, and depth at running back. Sanchez manages the game, he doesn’t have to win the game, just manage it, and eliminate mistakes. Plus the Jet defense is near the top, so you don’t need as many points to win, usually.

175. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Don’t post to quickly, Stephanie, go slow, I’ve been hurt before…….

176. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Sorry “too”

177. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

maybe it’s a good thing I’m not watching the Pats/Jets game. boring! unless of course you want the Patriots to win.

178. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt you’re good. He’s a runt for an English Mastiff. His sibs go about 170-180. I walk him a lot with our husky. She’s a smaller husky, but she protects Boris, and is an independent minded dog.

179. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I think half of New York City just changed the channel.

180. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

What is Favre’s Monday morning status? Should we expect him under center on Sunday? I’m going to assume “yes”, but we all know what happens when we as$ u me.

181. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I know what you mean Conner. Sanchez has it pretty good. He’s got stars all around him. one of the best offensive lines, great receivers, a great running game, a great defense. it seems like he makes enough plays but mostly manages the game with the talent around him. although tonight I would say that his team doesn’t look that great, lol. I haven’t watched the game except the stats, so I don’t know what they look like. but it would be nice if they’d make a game of it.

182. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Dilfer was horrible. He had one good td pass in I believe the 1st quarter, but then stunk it up for the rest of the game. I remember Billick was pacing the sidelines going ballistic over him. The Ravens Defense bullied the h311 out of Collins and Barber, and won the game despite Dilw33d. As I tpye this, he remains the only qb in NFL history to get cut after winning a SB.

183. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova: They’re all watching “Heidi” now, Shirley Temple is about to sing “The animal cracker song.”

184. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Jets are currently 1 of 7 on 3rd down. They’ll regroup in the 2nd half and play Frank Reich at quarterback. Don’t get me going with a Frank Reich story.

185. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I think Frazier said Favre will be “day to day.” we’ll have to wait and see. part of me things there’s no way he’ll play. if he couldn’t throw the ball on the sideline during the game Sunday, I don’t know if he’ll improve much by Sunday. But he’s proven me wrong before. I didn’t think he’d play against the Patriots and he actually played pretty well that game. so who really knows until Sunday. his whole body has got to be in so much pain though.

186. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Jets, 1 of 7 on 3rd down. Dandy don would be warming up his vocal chords right now.

187. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I’m not really a fan of Brady. But he is good. Behind an o-line.

188. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Favre’s injuries are tragic. I don’t know how he heals enough to play. If his toughness comes from wearing Wrangler’s down Hennepin, but he’s one tough monkey! AMEN!

189. By Canadian Vikes Fan on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

NovaScotia Vike, I’m from Toronto. Go Argos baby.

190. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Thank God we beat Buffalo or we would have been 0 for the AFC East.

191. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

lol, Mr Smiff…I didn’t know that about Dilfer. It kind of makes me mad when a QB plays horrible and still wins a superbowl. sounds stupid I know, but he gets credit for the win.

192. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

CVF, would you like to see the Bills there?

193. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

When Brady played at Michigan I never would have guessed he’d have this great of an NFL career. When Belicheck coached in Cleveland, I never would have guessed that he get another job, let alone in coaching.

194. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

When Favre was a cheesehead, I did not like him as he was our enemy but I always respected his talent– same with Brady. You may not like him, but he is one of the elite qbs of the past decade– maybe better than Favre.

195. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff: Refresh my memory. The receiver who caught Dilfer’s 1st quarter S.B. bomb is still playing in the N.F.L. and has always made big catches, but has now played for 3 or 4 teams. Last I saw he was with Denver but I can’t remember his name.

196. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

He still should get a haircut

197. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova: Are they looking to expand the NFL into Canada? If I remember team color schemes, the Bills and Argo’s could share uniforms.

198. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

:22 second left and I feel a Jets TD coming on before the half.

199. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I think that this has to be a record for even Favre as far as how many different injuries he’s had this season. let’s see: fractured ankle/heal, tendinitus in his throwing arm, chin, neck, shoulder…did I miss anything? I really think it is completely ridiculous that he can still play at his age with all the games he’s played. I think some people take it for granted. It’s partly his stubborness and partly his love for the game that keeps him playing though. I’m sure Favre haters will say otherwise. but there is no way he is playing next year. none. I’d be happy for him if he could finish out the season strong and then get away from the physical and mental stress of football once and for all.

200. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Halftime. I was wrong. Sanchez was sacked by “The BIG HYPHEN” Banta-Cain.

201. By Canadian Vikes Fan on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Never want to see the Bills here

202. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

LEAVE THE BILLS ALONE!

203. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Buffalo is playing a “series” of pre and regular season games in T.O. A lot of people believe that when the owner, Ralph Wilson dies the team could move to Toronto. It’s a bigger market, more revenue but who knows?

204. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

lol Nova…yeah Brady should get a hair cut. I guess he’s doing it because his wife wants him too. but it’s quite annoying.

205. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Maybe, BSS&LAB. Though I contend that if Holmgren was still the P3ckers coach, Favre would have won more SBs. The two had great chemistry together, almost like Montana and Walsh.

206. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

They just showed Meredith singing “turn out the lights”. Memories.

207. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Brandon Stokley.

208. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Wow! I didn’t know “Turn out the lights, the parties over.” song was once recorded by Willie Nelson. Now Frank Gifford will be commenting on Don Meredith. Frank probably isn’t a bad guy, but he’s about as charismatic as peanut butter sandwich.

209. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

remember when everyone thought it was a terrible idea for the Patriots to get rid of Randy Moss? It seems ironic that the the Titans haven’t won a game with Randy Moss yet, although their QB situation isn’t the best. As much as I can’t stand Billichek, he is a good coach and finds ways to get it done every year. I guess I just can’t stand his personality.

210. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: Look for Brady in a bustier and pumps in the next Vicoria’s secret catalog. I think Giselle is taking some time off. If that hair grows another 1/8 inch he might pull it off.

211. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

They just interviewed Frank Gifford, he could barely keep it together.

212. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff: You are correct sir, and thank you island expert. You’re the Jimmy the Greek of the islands.

213. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, what personality? The man is stone cold.

214. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

that’s funny Conner. he’s a “pretty boy” after all.

215. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I saw the Gifford interview and was shocked. He has always been so stoic. He laughed in telling some stories, but the heart came through. Disregard my earlier comment about Mr. Gifford. He could definitely take a hit, just ask Chuck Bednarik!

216. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova, you’re right. I meant I can’t stand his lack of personality, lol. does he ever smile? I think I’ve seen it twice.

217. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Back to Randy Moss, he has to feel like a black cloud is over his head. Or at least that he’s being tailed by every caterer in every NFL city right now. He’s trying to earn a new contract. Right now T.O. will make a lot more money next year than Randy.

218. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Thanks, Conner. Not sure if it matters that much over here, though.

219. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

got the game on now. Is it even worth watching? I’ll give it the third quarter.

220. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, I want you to carefully think about my proposition. Think of the love, the great times, the dual citizenship………

221. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

His personality and dry sense of humor are not unlike our previous coach, except he is a coach.

222. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

At least Randy still has a job. Unlike Childress.

223. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff and Nova: I thought I read or heard that people from 83 different countries voted on the 50 greatest Vikings. I’m sure Trinidad and O’Canada were represented. I’m friends with Corey Stringer’s cousin. I’m sure Corey is going to be on the list and deserves to be so. His cousin is one of the finest people you will ever meet.

224. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Keep pitching woo, Nova. Someday she’ll step up to the plate.

225. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner…SO TRUE! exactly. that and Bellichek respects his players and his players respect him. hey Nova, I’ll have to run it by my husband first, lol. and how old are you?

226. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

His sense of humor isn’t dry, it’s arid.

227. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

LT is looking fresh. Wasn’t he going to sign with the Vikes if Favre were coming back, but he didn’t think Brett would be back?

228. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I will give you my age in Celsius——10.

229. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Brad Smith of the Jets has a role that Webb could fill for the Vikes. It sounds like they had some more ways they wanted to use Webb on Sunday if the opportunity had presented itself.

230. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I think a big thing for LT was that he already knew the Jets offense and he wasn’t familiar with Vikings offense. at least that’s what he mentioned, which makes sense when you’re at the end of your career. it’s too much work to learn a new offense….that and the Jets have one of the best O-lines in the league.

231. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, LT went with the Jets because they had a better o-line and coach. Favre may have been a factor, though.

232. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

This dog woke me up at 4:45 this morning. She’s not going to do that again. Goodnight eveyone, keep smiling!

233. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

shoot, I don’t know how to convert celcius to Farenheit. anyone? lol

234. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Sanchez picked in redzone. darn.

235. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova…you are 50. right? I just googled it, lol.

236. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

G’night Nova.

237. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey, Didja all notice sum dude was imitatin’ me thar.

238. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Other than Brady, who do you know as a great player on the Patriots? Their are some household names who are very good, but they just have a system and depth at each position. I wish our Vikes had beaten these two teams.

239. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

goodnight Nova, nice talking with you. :)

240. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I don’t take to kindly whut he a wus a-sayin’ back der!!!

241. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Fred: Where have you been. What’s the hot blog to check out tonight?

242. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

–Ifn’ ya don’ts no whut I’s talkin’ ’bout, then it so obviouslee wusn’t yu.

243. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I have to take a snack break. I’ll be back…

244. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, It’s nice to talk to a northerner again. I think that old southern gentleman was just joking.

Sometimes you can’t tell. He was a salty fella!

245. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, FYI, that 10 can also apply to my looks.

246. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I wish

247. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

think I’m gonna get going, it was nice chatting with everyone. good night! go Vikes!

248. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

well, my husband is 42 Nova, so I’ve always liked older guys, lol.

249. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey, she never chatted with me. It must be my looks!!!

250. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, you talkin to me? ;) am I the only girl on this blog?

251. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Sanchez threw another pic. how annoying that the Patriots are winning 31 to 3…

252. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie: Every male that is a sports fan loves a woman who knows sports.

253. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie we also like the good looking ones, and from what I can see, you are a knockout!

254. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I laugh at Rex Ryan’s jokes. Again, he’s rambunctious and self-depricating with his humor. A defensive genious. But the Jets as a team seem to talk so much about how great they are, they do rub me the wrong way.

255. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

yes, that makes sense. not all girls love sports. It’s funny when I get together with my sister and brother-in-law. I talk football with my bro-in-law and even toss the ball around with him and my husband and sister will sit there and talk about other stuff.

256. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

lol Frederick.

257. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I was just looking at the Victoria’s Secret catalog and saying to myself, is that Tom Bunschen, or is that Stephanie?

258. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I suspect your husband is fooling around with your sister. You should leave him for me.

259. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

GO TO BED NOVA!! HA!

260. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

well I’ve been happily married for 7 years so It’s worked out alright for my husband not to be as into sports as I am I guess, ;)

261. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

The wheels came off the wagon tonight for the J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS!

262. By Danimal on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I know there is still allot of people out there fighting for farve to keep starting. But the fact of the matter is that farve is beat up and not 100% and he dosnt seem to want to play anymore, and I doubt he’ll play next season, and it took 3 guys to peel him off his couch in the off season. 3rd, with that said as far as anyone can tell t-jack will be starting next season. 4th, It’s unlikey the team will make the post season so really were playing for next season and that means playing t-jack so he gets his reps and some experience under his belt. Sorry but it makes sense.

263. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I thought you were going to bed!!! ;)

264. By Danimal on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Sorry favre,

265. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie it sounds like you and your husband have a good thing going. Nova seems super cool, but their is a reason they are called Canadien “Mounties!”

266. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I’m not a fan of the Jets, but I actually feel a little sorry for them…how embarassing. Brady’s just standing back there with all the time in the world picking them part and moving the ball all over them….oh, another TD for Brady. how surprising.

267. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

where are you from Conner? you live in Minnesota?

268. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Danimal: I dont worry about TJacks skills. I think this is a coach who will mold Jackson’s thought process to eliminate mistakes and taking what the defense allows him. If Favre is healthy enough to go, I still feel he deserves the opportunity. The unwritten rule of football is a quarterback shouldn’t lose their job due to injury.

269. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I was born in Minnesota, but unfortunately do not reside in the land of lakes.

270. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

don’t get me wrong, we have our challenges and my husband does drive me crazy sometimes, but I’ve found that marriage only works when you work at it. no room to slack off. marriage takes work, but it’s worth it.

271. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Danimal, from what I have seen, on this blog people are about 50% for Jackson, and about 50% for Favre. (There are a few for Webb, of course)

The Coach is probably trying to avoid a qb controversy. I tend to think there is one right now.

As far as winning is concerned, I’m not sure it matters. Terry Bradshaw could win with this team, when they are playing well!!!

272. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Everyone on these professional teams know, that they are a play away from losing their job to a free-agent, a rookie draft pick, or a terrible injury. TJack’s psyche has been messed with so much by Chilly, it’s a credit to his upbringing, and character that he hasn’t gone off the deep end with some rant.

273. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

So eloquently spoken Stephanie. It takes work. But the reward is so much greater!

274. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

good points about Favre Conner. Frazier said he’s not worried about next year. He’s thinking about this year. He may not be here next year as far as he’s concerned (i think he will be). he wants to win now. Favre played well in Washington. Jackson threw 3 picks and the Vikings still won by a ton, but it’s not like Tjack played any better than Favre has played at times this year. It was clear Rice was missed most of the season with that ridiculous catch in the endzone. the defense played awesome. I really think Brett should get a chance if he’s healthy enough because he’s been a leader on this team and when the team plays well around him (o-line and receivers) he plays well.

275. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Frederick you’re right. About 50/50 on Favre or Jackson. If Favre is willing to give it a go. With what he did for the franchise last year. The abuse he’s gone through this year, I feel we give him the nod. If I’ve judged Frazier accurately, he’s probably telling Jackson he’s our guy long term. I’m not thrilled about bringing in someone to compete for the starting job. It’s Jackson’s next year- Webb will be the backup.

276. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, that true what you said about TJ’s psyche. Tarvaris Jackson was thrown to the wolves, perhaps a little too soon. But he has been watching one of the best in Brett Favre. Jackson has the physical tools, all he needs is some experience, and he will be a GREAT quarterback for the Vikings!

277. By Danimal on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I know you shouldnt loose your job via injury but the fact remains we dont have a hole lotta playoff hopes this year and t-jack has best the chance to be the guy next year, and for the reason our next years season starts now we need to put him in there to help for next season. I dont care about w’s at this point but more devalopmetn

278. By Danimal on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

279. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

ok, I said I was going to get off a while ago and then I started chatting again! so I think I’ll really get going now. Conner, it was nice chatting with you. maybe I’ll catch you on the blog again. goodnight!

280. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Whether Singletary has a job with the Niners next year or not, he’s done all he can to instill the confidence in Alex Smith that allowed Smith to have success at the tail end of the 2009 season.

281. By Stephanie on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner, one more thing…very true about Tjack. I think he’ll be fine next year with a good head coach and learning behind Favre for a couple years. Frazier will get his mind back in the right place. I really like Frazier so far.

282. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Goodnight Stephanie: Your thoughts on football and sense of humor was a refreshing change. As Journey would say, “Don’t stop, BELIEVE’n!” whether marriage or the Vikes!

283. By Frederick Jones on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, I like what you said about Favre and Jackson. That’s the way I see it as well.

The Vikings are in a good position at QB. It would be good to get a veteran QB for next year though. You do not want all young, and inexperienced quarterbacks.

284. By Danimal on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Ok true tjack tossed 3 picks but 2 of them where when the game was outta hand and dont forget the fact this is the first time we scored over 30 points this year and it had nothing to do with favre

285. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, therein lies the difference between an elite coach and and a wannabe. After watching Brady get abused by the Ravens in the playoffs, Belichick beefed up the o-line and no doubt read them the riot act. Now he’s the most protected QB in the league, and he’s having an MVP-type season. Childress saw how the Saints mauled Favre in the NFC Champiohship game AND DID NOTHING. And surprise, surprise. He’s having one of the most miserable seasons of his storied career. Childress sucks.

286. By mr smiff on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

G’night, Steph.

287. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Danimal: What if we play TJack. He plays as well or a little better than even we had hoped. He’s now a hot commodity on the free agent market. It would then cost the Vikes a ton of dough to land him for next year. Then we would have to go get a free agent, teach them our system, and hope they understand that eventually we as fans will want Webb. TJack is a known commodity to the Vikes, if they like what they see, they don’t want to bid against 31 other teams to get him back.

288. By Danimal on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I never like chilly from the moment he took over for the vikes

289. By Danimal on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

they will have to bid for him anyway, theres plenty of teams looking for a guy like him, hes no j russel thats for sure.

290. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Do the Vikes even have a practice squad QB? They will need to get a 3rd one by draft or free-agency. If the coach’s are in TJack’s corner for the long-term, they can’t bring in a big name, or he will continue to have some doubts in his own abilities or looking over his shoulder. Yes, Danimal I’m not to worried about the two picks in garbage time hurting the team. Unfortunately, his judgement and mechanics were poor on both. You don’t want to give any team hope, take what they give you at those times in the game. Work the clock, go have a laugh with a teammate on national television. Have the defensive guys say “Thanks, I don’t even need to shower today.” Because you controlled the clock.

291. By Shawn on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Conner if the vikes want tjack they can franchise him and if another team signs him we get draft picks …. if the current system holds up with the new CBA

292. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

If he goes scorched earth on the remaining schedule, TJack could be the best free agent QB on the market this off-season. Keep a lid on him. Yes, he’s still going to get offers. Possibly within the division. The benefit to TJack staying is assurance the coach will believe in him, and that he IS the starter from 2011 on.

293. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I hadn’t thought of that Shawn. However, a known commodity is always better than the speculation of what the next guy can do. The key thing is if they get the CBA done. If the Vikes can save some coin, drop Favre’s contract and agree to spend that money on free-agents to fill roles that are areas of weakness. We could have an unbelievable team going forward.

294. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Frederick: I don’t think we have a QB controversy with the players for two reasons. 1. They respect this coach and know he has to get results now to be the permanent head coach. 2. They are so thrilled to have won 2 in a row with the season they are having, they don’t care if Coach Frazier pencils me or you in to play that spot on Sunday. They’re just going to play their butts off!

295. By Shawn on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

One of our big problems is all the free agents we will have to sign, Rice, TJack, Edwards, Greenway, Leber, Longwell, Abdullah, Robison, Pat Williams, Brett Favre, Ryan Cook

I know favre and pwilliams will be gone but some big names and contracts there …

and Peterson is the next year have to extend that sooner than later

296. By Shawn on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

o yeah Greg Lewis

297. By Shawn on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

on the brightside we have berrian through 2014 … thanx chilly

298. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I hadn’t followed that very closely. If I were GM, I would target getting contracts done for sure on: 1. Greenway 2. Rice 3. TJack 4. Leber 5. Longwell. 6. Robison. With the salaries of Favre and P. Williams, we can land 4 or 5 proven free agents is we’d like. We could go hard after Edwards.

299. By Shawn on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

I think my list would look like yours except

3-Ray Edwards is only 25, so he hasnt even hit his prime we drafted him young and he has been solid and slowly getting better the last 3 years, I SAY THIS IF HE FINISHES THE SEASON WITH 10 SACKS otherwise IDK

5-Tjack

6-Longwell

Robison is actually a year older than Edwards and his back up

300. By Conner on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Always the optimist. You’re killing happy Conner with that Berrian crack.

301. By martin on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

does anyone know who are some of the better free agent qbs next year? if we are unable to get an elite qb than it is better to go with tavaris next year and see what he can do…the nfl is full of bad qbs that would not be an upgrade for us…and the chances are qbs that would be an upgrade are not available

302. By martin on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

while there are some exceptions the best teams in the nfl year after year are the teams that have drafted or developed their qb early in their careers…very few teams have become champions by picking up a qb in his thirties

303. By Frederick Jones on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

Martin, that’s true most teams develop qbs from the draft, and there are not alot of good ones available. But Warner and Plunkett both made it, or won a super bowl AFTER they were considered washed up. Earl Morrall is another one.

Hopefully it’s a priority for Vikings management to find one. A more pressing need is the o-line, d-line, and d-backs.

304. By Justin on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

Watch what happens with T-Jack: He gets released to free agency, gets picked up by a team that needs a QB, and then suddenly becomes really good.

305. By morgan on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

We need to get Webb in this weekend, he needs to be on the field in some sort of capacity.

306. By dryes on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

C’mon Fwedwick, there is no position more important than QB. Anyone who knows anything knows that. I do agree o-line and d-line are going to need additions, but QB is the most important single position on the team. Every good team this year has a talented QB that can protect the rock. Everyone should know this, especially if you think your opinion is worth a dam.

307. By SmileyStar on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

I think it is the same Favre as last year. The only difference that there has been from last year to this year is the amount of time Favre spends laid out looking at the stars, which I can’t blame him, since some opposing player put him there. I’d like to see how Brady, the Mannings, Brees, or any other talented Quarterback plays getting hit/sacked all the time. Anybody remember the poor performance of Jay Cutler earlier this year. What changed? Pass Protection.

308. By dryes on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

hey Smilingstar Every one of your QB examples would do much better than Favre this year. It’s because they have mobility and don’t usually force a throw. Favre’s ankle, the scandal, his shoulder issues all add up to distractions and weaknesses that come out in the game. I love Favre, but any of those other QB’s would have 5-10 less int’s and 7-10 more TDs. Just the facts. Wishes and favoritism doesn’t make Favre as good as you say. Well, not this year.

309. By SmileyStar on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

dryes – The ankle, shoulder, chin,… I’m pretty sure he didn’t get those injuries washing dishes. What I’m saying is that Favre’s poor performance this year has more to do with the lack of protection then that he is 41. Only Brady has respectable int numbers, but he also has protection. Brees and the Mannings are trying to take Favre’s spot for most INTs. Favre may lose that spot this weekend.

310. By DRS 1962 on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings also waived C Adrian Martinez from the practice squad and added QB R.J. Archer to the practice. Archer was with the Vikings during the offseason program last summer. Does this mean the Vikings do not have any faith in T-Jack and they are looking for a new QB for next year? If there is a season next year.

311. By mossforlife on Dec 7, 2010 | Reply

The word is chemistry. Chances are in your favor when you have a QB around the team 24/7. The O-line and WR’s have spent more time with TJ except for game day in the past 2 seasons. Specifically, this year Brett has been injured almost every Sunday. So who has been snapping the Ball on the week days?

2. Dec 6, 2010: Notes From Frazier’s Monday Press Conference | Vikings Stop Blog